PDA

View Full Version : What do you think if Pokémon would be more... Mature?

Roy-Kun
December 13th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Well what do you think? I think it would be better if it would be just a bit more mature, let's add this things for example:

A bit more of comedy, more funny faces, because the only real funny episode was "Whiscash and Ash"

Some blood, please, all the time they explode and no sign of blood? Like a simple slash or something?

Some romatic scenes, pluh-ease it needs more, just with May it won't work that well >>

Please say what do you think.

Karasuma
December 13th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Well what do you think? I think it would be better if it would be just a bit more mature, let's add this things for example:

A bit more of comedy, more funny faces, because the only real funny episode was "Whiscash and Ash"

Some blood, please, all the time they explode and no sign of blood? Like a simple slash or something?

Some romatic scenes, pluh-ease it needs more, just with May it won't work that well >>

Please say what do you think.

Well that would be another series, the Pokemon we know is rated Y7, 4kids , so we can't expect blood on it..if they suddenly want to show some blood they can show it on Adult Swim, since it shows about mature stuff, and also for those kissy scenes you wanna see...In that case, just watch some other anime that has kissy scenes >>

Recknin
December 13th, 2005, 01:51 PM
you know when the pokemon talk to each other thats realy babish
i would want that to go,some blood scenes would be cool 2,
swearing aswell will make the anime better

Soul-Music
December 13th, 2005, 03:01 PM
If blood scenes were included, then it might become rated PG-13. Which is rather unfair for the other children who watch Pokemon.

I would go for the swearing, but only the slightest word said.

But then, I would agree to all of those if Pokemon wasn't a kid's show. oh well, tough luck.

Miss Reyna
December 13th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I would like to see ita bit more mature. I mean no blood and swearing but like a bit more romance. I don't mean kissly goo goo scenes all the time but some more feeling. Like some romance competion or some thing. Or show something out of the kids area every once in a while.

That blood stuff just not good for the show.

Senji
December 13th, 2005, 10:36 PM
ahh i had thoughts on this too i kinda posted the same topic in pkmn general discussion. Lol but it was after i posted i saw ur thread >< anyway i think pokemon can either go ambiguous like if mixed with certain wrong elements it can be more unpopular. But! i think if the creators made this as like u said more mature and with blood and stuff it might have a chance to have more viewers. just my thoughts :P

P.S. I've always wanted pokemon to speak with humans and not their language.. i dunno why. XD
i honestly think the language barrier prevents deeply understanding of the trainer to his/her pokemon
even though Ash is a caring trainer. It may just be my dislike of the language barrier o_o

Light_Azumarill
December 14th, 2005, 10:49 AM
I've always wished that they would do two pokemon animes. One for younger audiences, and another for the teens. I mean, it just makes sense because kids don't stay kids forever, and when kids who loved pokemon get older, they would have a show that was older as well.

I imagine an older pokemon being a bit like Yugioh (the uncensored version of course) in the fact that it's not WAY too much with the blood and love, but it has scenes that deal with them, and isn't afraid to show a little more realism.

I don't think that pokemon talking like they do now is babyish. I think that not developing their characters deep enough is though. You can make a pokemon serious without making it talk; the writers just don't want to or aren't good enough. (Though don't get me wrong, I would love to understand what they're saying. It would be a lot more interesting.)

By the way, and I might be wrong about this, but we have never seen anyone on pokemon kiss on the lips. Ever. I mean, parents, people who have just been asked to marry their true loves, and no kissing?! What the...?! I know people in Japan kiss... geez.

Pete
December 14th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I don't like the idea of swearing in pokemon. It dosen't make it cool all of a sudden, y'know.

But yeah, some blood, and some DECENT romance. I mean, come on, the best we got was at the end of Johto.

Death Rogers
December 14th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I think Pokemon should be a lot more mature.

I'm tired of seeing Pokemon nearing death, yet no blood at all.

I'd also like some swearing. (Not stuff like racial insults, but at least stuff like "HOLY CRAP!")

Maybe a Pokemon die here or there.

But, it would have to be on a different show. Like maybe call it "Pokemon The Next Generation" or a version when Ash is older. Right now, he's about eleven, and a teenage version of Pokemon should have teenage characters

It would also have to be on Adult Swim, Comedy Central, or Fox. Since they're more adulterated.

Although, it would need some comedy scenes for Comedy Central.

Roy-Kun
December 14th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I've always wished that they would do two pokemon animes. One for younger audiences, and another for the teens. I mean, it just makes sense because kids don't stay kids forever, and when kids who loved pokemon get older, they would have a show that was older as well.

I imagine an older pokemon being a bit like Yugioh (the uncensored version of course) in the fact that it's not WAY too much with the blood and love, but it has scenes that deal with them, and isn't afraid to show a little more realism.

I don't think that pokemon talking like they do now is babyish. I think that not developing their characters deep enough is though. You can make a pokemon serious without making it talk; the writers just don't want to or aren't good enough. (Though don't get me wrong, I would love to understand what they're saying. It would be a lot more interesting.)

By the way, and I might be wrong about this, but we have never seen anyone on pokemon kiss on the lips. Ever. I mean, parents, people who have just been asked to marry their true loves, and no kissing?! What the...?! I know people in Japan kiss... geez.
Well i agree iwth you in the part that there should be two animes of Pokmon, like they did with Yu-Gi-Oh!.

The only good part of Pokmon is both the games and the manga. But the anime... kind of killing the idea.

It needs to be a bit more mature and not so... chidish, like Meowth thinking on random things with just seeing a new Pokmon per chap.

And a bit more of realism, since Ash is getting older, the series must had been more serious, not keeping Ash that looks like 15 years as the same 10-years mind.

Ari-chan
December 14th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Well... I personally wouldn't mind if they could make a bit more Y7 instead of Y. I don't think Pokemon needs blood to be cool, though I do remember a scene in kanto where Misty got cut and it somewhat bled. Decent romance would be great, I think maybe a romantic tone here and there would be fun. Swearing, a little minor swearing isn't to bad to me, but I don't think pokemon needs it either way.

Crystal Clair
December 14th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Pokemon can get better in mature-ness. We need more dub-added innuendos from TR or maybe even from the main group. No blood is needed unless it's like a cut like Misty's from "Wake Up Snorlax". But seriously if you want some violent series with blood and cursing either read Pokespecial or go watch Inuyasha. Jeez, Pokemon is Pokemon and that's why I like it (I wish more animes were like it in that element)

Charaxes
December 15th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I'm actually happy with what the series is going currently. Technically if you want blood, violence, death, heck, listen to the Mewtwo CD Drama and watch the first movie, bloodbaths. But given how juvenile the series used to be to this weird niche they're in now, it would be perfunctory to ramp that up now, just as it was with the Mewtwo stuff when it was released at that point in the series.

I think the writers knew they couldn't keep up things as they did when they started, the audience changed.

So for tone, I think it's fine currently.

As for romance? I dunno, I enjoy Butler/Diane. They did a nice job with the pairing, but yeah, any ethnicity, I don't trust any entertainment writer to write a pairing as most can't write a pairing in their relationship mechanics, (another topic for another day) or grasp a woman and her subtleties, I'd rather write it myself.

poke lover
December 16th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I also like Pokemon the way it is. When I watch it or play it I'm happy and relaxed. If there was blod and swearing it just wouldn't be the Pokemon that everyong grew up to love. As for the love scenes, I think they should add some becasue I don't think it would hurt and it wouldn't change Pokemon to much.

Mew Fangirl
December 16th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Well, I'd really like some romance. Blood wouldn't be too bad, swearing is needed, but romance...!! I'm a bit clueless, so unless the characters blush to death around each other I'll never realize possible feelings between them. ^^'

So, yeah, romance all the way!! :shocked:

:P

[Technya]
December 16th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Eh...I'm torn in half with this subject =/

Okay, yes, I would LOVE it if Pokmon became more mature. I mean let's face it when it first aired we were much younger and didn't mind the "childish nature" of the anime but we've grown much since and our interests as well as how we see things change. It's inevitable. Now, most kids like this sort of stuff anyways, I'm not saying all kids do but a great portion do. Look at DBZ, why was it so liked? For the violence it depicted. Yeah, some realism wouldn't hurt with a few cuts and scrapes when TR's ballon explodes and for goodness sake at least every once in a blue moon TR could succeed and the anime wouldn't be so darn predictable.

Not to mention some more personality traits could be added to the characters since they have grown up since they started you know. As for the swearing eh...not too excited by that idea but it would be a good change, a weird one but good nonetheless.

As for romance, hell no, that's not something I'd like to see.

On the other hand Pokmon's "innocence" is a sort of relieve from all the other stuff on TV and songs and stuff. I don't know about the rest of you but I like to keep a balance with what I watch.

DoubleWide
December 18th, 2005, 10:09 AM
I still think its amazing that Ash, Brock, May and Max can go through their various adventures without so much as a scratch. I'm not asking for buckets of blood, but a little trickle wouldn't hurt. Or at least a mention of bleeding, they wouldn't even need to show it, and a bandage is quickly put on the cut. The story tellers have no problem showing an injured Ash after he is zapped by Pikachu or singed by Torchic but act nervious about a little blood. Go figure. :\

SBaby
December 18th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I always thought that was a bit off, especially for Japan. I mean, Anime usually doesn't have a real problem with violence and blood. It's just a matter of how much.

I always imagined Pokemon growing up with the generation it started with. I'd like to see that. Maybe put in a real villain that actually isn't afraid of killing people or destroying cities. Just something.

Soul-Music
December 18th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I always thought that was a bit off, especially for Japan. I mean, Anime usually doesn't have a real problem with violence and blood. It's just a matter of how much.

I always imagined Pokemon growing up with the generation it started with. I'd like to see that. Maybe put in a real villain that actually isn't afraid of killing people or destroying cities. Just something.

Ha! Something I also had in mind. A real villain will really do brighten up the series and I'm also longing for fight scenes, you konw, hand-to-hand combat or something like that.

Drew
December 18th, 2005, 05:05 PM
you know when the pokemon talk to each other thats realy babish
i would want that to go,some blood scenes would be cool 2,
swearing aswell will make the anime better

...The Japanese version does have cussing... Ash cusses up a storm in the Japanese...

But I kinda like Pokemon how it is. Its POKEMON, its not suppose to have blood and make-out scenes!! x__x ...that would just...kinda screw it up in my opnion... Except for the light romance, that would be nice.

Roy-Kun
December 19th, 2005, 09:01 AM
...The Japanese version does have cussing... Ash cusses up a storm in the Japanese...

But I kinda like Pokemon how it is. Its POKEMON, its not suppose to have blood and make-out scenes!! x__x ...that would just...kinda screw it up in my opnion... Except for the light romance, that would be nice.
I only saw one jap. episode, yep, Ash cusses up o.o

We know, but with a boy of almost 15 years keep acting like a kid? That is... stupid? o.o

Well, you're kind of right, making it very mature would ruin it /:

SBaby
December 20th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I only saw one jap. episode, yep, Ash cusses up o.o

We know, but with a boy of almost 15 years keep acting like a kid? That is... stupid? o.o

Well, you're kind of right, making it very mature would ruin it /:

So the Japanese version IS growing up with the generation. Great... We have another Dragonball series... And coincidentally, they're approaching 500 episodes in their total series...

[_DarkDragon_]
December 20th, 2005, 12:46 PM
we should have a separate one based on someone else other than Ash and with a bit more of an interesting plot. I don't see the need for blood but some cursing and romance would be great, I would like the anime to be more like the manga. As for this quote:
There was at least 3 kisses I remember, but only one was with actual people (or not). The first two were Meowth and Snorlax, Psyduck and Snorlax in the first episode with a snorlax where they try to wake it up, As for human kisses there was one of the 4th movie I think, the one with the Latios and Latias, the Latias can transform into a girl that takes care of the garden where it lives, so that girl (or latias) actually kisses Ash at the end of the movie to which Misty reacts with a face of, err, jealousy ^_^

Orange_Flaaffy
December 20th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I think the fact that pokemon can not talk 'human' is part of what is good and one of a kind about pokemon. In all the other series with humans and animal friends\helpers\pets they can talk with their masters...Pokemon on the other hand can not, and therefore, many humans in the pokemon world see them as just animals and not really as creatures with true minds as it were. This leaves room for teaching many lessons about animals overall, even in our world, to veiwers. I actaully wish that Ash had a harder time understanding pokemon to tell you the truth, think of the trouble that could get him into...

Syaoran-Kun
December 21st, 2005, 03:03 PM
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]...The Japanese version does have cussing... Ash cusses up a storm in the Japanese...
Not really, most of the "cussing" roughly translates to "darn" or "shoot". It's just the fansubbers, who are obsessed with making Satoshi cuss like crazy. @_@

I don't really agree with any of those. Pokemon was intended to be a KIDS show, not a tween/teen show. But I somehow agree with a little romance, if Disney can do it, than so can Pokemon. XD

agentk_b
January 3rd, 2006, 05:12 AM
a few swearing and romance I could like with but lets not make this into PokeBall Z

phunboy
January 9th, 2006, 01:31 AM
More mature, since Pokmon was made to appeal to kids it wouldn't make sense to get more mature with blood and what not.

As for a show that is like Pokmon but mature, that be cool.

I will say though Pokmon is not mature in terms of gore and language I do find over the years the themes have gotten slightly more mature, this being a bit more evident in the movies especially.

Houndour2005
January 9th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Blood won't be good, but I would go with swearing!

:BROCK:
January 9th, 2006, 03:53 AM
No way.

Pokemon is great just the way it is, Thats part of the fun of it,
Being able to experience a world thats innocent,
It's a escape from the real "evil human world".

Pokemon is one of those things thats not tainted by human flaw, evil sex drugs ect.

And swearing is good for nothing.

But then thats just my view.

Lucy Lu
January 13th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it could be nice to see Pokemon to go to the mature direction. I just want the main characters to age(Ash, Brock, May, Max, Misty, etc). Don't need blood or volience. Just them getting older is okay with me.

Other than that...I like it the way it is.

koq_grillmaster
January 13th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I agree. They don't really seem to grow up do they? They just change into new outfits and new Pokemon.

Roy-Kun
January 19th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Exactly, the voices doesn't change, all the characters remain as kids, and like five years had passed since Ash has started his journey o.o

I wonder what's wrong with the people of Japan, because they don't think on parts like those in some animes? o.o

DarkCharlie
January 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I like it the way it is. Sometimes it can be a bit childish, like in the Kanto ones where Ash kept having a freak-out over anything and everything Misty ever said...

poke lover
January 19th, 2006, 08:49 PM
No! I don't want Pokemon to go all mature. When I watch Pokemon or play it I like to escape intoa world were there is no killing, swearing and etc. When Im down or angry I just play my Pokemon games or watch the series and that cheers me up because it hasn't got any of the evil stuff.

Roy-Kun
February 4th, 2006, 02:54 PM
No! I don't want Pokemon to go all mature. When I watch Pokemon or play it I like to escape intoa world were there is no killing, swearing and etc. When Im down or angry I just play my Pokemon games or watch the series and that cheers me up because it hasn't got any of the evil stuff.
Hmmm... well i liked the kind of violence that it had in the old episodes.

And in some current episodes, like the battle between Taillow and Pikachu... such a fierce battle huh?

But as you can see, when the time was passing since Pokmon started, it was getting more childish and more childish each time.

Aegis
February 6th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I think the romance part of your suggestion would be nice, but not to much. As for the blood, cussing, and humer I think that it doesn't need it. I just really wish that May and Ash would like fall in love. I'd prefer it if it was Misty he fell in love with but thats not really an option anymore is it?

Yeah the reason he cusses in Japan is because Japenese kids see a lot more "mature" stuff then American kids such as in most of the banned episodes

Roy-Kun
February 7th, 2006, 09:06 AM
There were some Pokmon episodes that could have been instant classics if it wasn't for the endless amount of stupidity coming from Team Rocket.
Exactly.

Arround here, they are considered the worst villians of all the animes o_o

At the beggining they were... cool, but now... meh, they act very childish, and that killed it, even in critical situations, they keep acting stupid.

Edit: The banned episodes... personal reasons for being banned since they were... too mature for the Kids in japan, so it was just aired once, and never seen again.

cryztalwing
February 19th, 2006, 09:39 AM
they are rated pg-13 , rated r episodes. those are the ban international one's that nintendo don't like to talk about.t

Hikarii
February 20th, 2006, 11:18 PM
No. D< I like Pokemon the way it is. I can just watch it and enjoy it because there's nothing really serious. There's tons of other anime that are serious and almost never have any humourous side to it. As for me, I can always enjoy the show, however simple the plot gets. And although Satoshi's swear words translate to only "Darn" or "Shoot", I still find it funny, because he's never allowed ot say those things in the dub. And still, it's cute. But that's 'cause I love Satoshi. -shot-

You could always.. TRY to find some innuendo, if you want maturity that badly. XDDD