PDA

View Full Version : .hack//Assimilation

RentCavalier
December 15th, 2005, 08:20 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with the .hack universe, here's the setup:

In the near future, there will be an online game called "The World". Incredible in its depth and scope, it has quickly become the most popular Massively Multiplayer Online RPG ever. However, the game is not without flaws. Flaws that have, in the past, almost killed people.

One major flaw occured four years ago. A virus took over "The World" and soon spread to nearly destroy the entire world's networks. People were placed into comas in freak accidents, and the system administrators were powerless to stop it.

Luckily, this "virus" was dealt with, thanks to the efforts of a few players, most mere children. The incident unearthed a massive scandal that destroyed the CC Corporation and its OS Altimit's monopoly on the Net.

Now, four years have passed. "The World has recently been completly updated, in order to compete with a new generation. Its bigger, grander, and more addictive then ever.

Yet, something is stirring. Restlessness fills the void. Something is coming. Something big...and when it does, who can stop it?

Character Creation:

Name: (Username for "The World")
Class:
Goals: (Like, what your character wants to accomplish in "The World")
Description:
History: (Bio on the player controlling the character, or a background story for the character you play.
Rp Sample

Classes:

Twin Blade: Arguably the most balanced of the classes, they are certaintly the fastest, foregoing powerful weapons like Spears, Swords or Axes in exchange for Katars, Daggers, and Claws. They can use both magic and weapons with considerable skill in both, and their high speed allows for quicker attacks and higher evasion. The downside is they can't take as many hits as other characters.

Long Arms: Wielding long Spears and fierce looks, Long Arms are one of the most popular character classes. They are a bit more physically based then Twin Blades, able to hit several times in one attack with their spears. Like Twin Blades and Wavemasters, they are limited in what equiptment they can equip, being stuck with weaker armor. Luckily, they are able to take much more damage then Twin Blades, which compensates for their slowness.

Wavemasters: The "mage" character. Only able to wear the lightest armor, and unable to move very fast, the Wavemasters make up for it with their incredible magical abilities. As the only class geared for magic usage, they are most skilled at it, to compensate for being weak everywhere else.

Heavy Blades: A heavy weapons using class, useful for strong, slow attacks that deal tons od famage. Able to equip the heaviest armor, with no restrictions, they are a force to be reckoned with. They are very lacking in the magic department, but assuredly, they don't need it. They come in both Samurai and Berserker variety, the differences between the two are aesthetic only.

Blademasters: Also arguably the most balanced class, they use lighter swords then the Heavy Blades, dealing less damage, but can equip the same armor, and are far better spellcasters, which is always a bonus for a heavy weapons class. They lack proficiency in both physical and magical attacking, but make up for it everywhere else.

Heavy Axemen: They are the best of all physical attackers, with able to take damage and dish it out. They lack the ability to use magic at all, but compensate with incredible damage dealing abilities with their huge axes.

Gunner Valkyrie: A new class that uses guns and strong magics to attack from afar. They have two types of guns to equip, rifles and pistols for long range, shotguns and bayonets for short range. They can only equip light armor like the Twin Blades, but with a plethora of unique skills and equiptment, they are an even contender.

Tricksters: A very unique class, they are similar to wavemasters in that they can only equip very weak armor and their weapons deal little damage. However, they posess the ability to use traps, tools, and the ancient secret of controlling monsters to aid them in battle. They use their monsters to attack for them, and are able to cause untold suffering onto their enemies.

How the RP works:

Basically you are characters in an online game. Those who are familiar with the series know how it works, but basically, anything you can do in the real world is permissable here, so complex hand movements and stuff like that are permissable, just RP as you would normally.
Travel throughout "The World" is done via Chaos gates. You use a series of keywords (Like, Chosen Hopeless Nothingness) and you're off. I've taken the liberty of expanding the locations, so many are unique and have their own histories.

There is a main plot, but in amidst all the crazyness, you the RPer can ask certain people to go off and help you with "sidequests", just like in a real RP, via the game's message board (just put a board post in the beginning of your RP). Just make sure you don't interfere with the main plot.

So sign up any who are interested, and have fun!!:D

RentCavalier
December 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
15 views and not one post? Come on, .hack is at least VAGUELY popular, isn't it?

Kay11190
December 16th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Name: Kail (Real name Kay)
Class: Baldemaster
Goals: His goals in the world is to be the best treasure hunter as well as becoming the strongest blademaster in The World.
Description: Me (http://photobucket.com/albums/b301/Kay11190/th_Kail4.png) In addition to that he wields a Rondo beginning sword.
History: From a young age Kay was exposed to video games and became taken with them, beating every one he got. He beat everyone with 100% making sure that no rock was left unturned, and no mystery unsolved. Soon he set his sights on a once popular game his older brother played befor going away to college for years in the past. Now only have played on the world for a day or two his new challenge is mastering this massive online rpg.
Rp Sample

yeah this Rp I was in that I took my sample from was rated R so it has blood and stuff

Kay stood leaning on a building watching the fight with his arms folded. He was debating with himself whether to join it or not. For one those guards were only doing as they were told and he didn't like killing people he didn't have to or even want too. Bored Kay pulled out his short Katana and started to juggle it in his hand, then quickly throwing it in front of him stabbing a gaurd right in his jugular vain. "Guess I'll be fighting them then." Kay said running over retrieving his katana from the neck of the gaurd. Two gaurd then came at him from both sides quickly Kay shiethed his short katana replacing it with his long one. As quickly as he took out his blade he cut off one of the gaurd's head and followed up stabbing the one behind him with a backwards blow to the chest leaving his katana smeared with blood and the gaurd dead.

Kogenta
December 17th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Name: Kaen
Class: Twin Blade
Goals: Becoming stronger, learning more about "The World"; finding the source of the strange occurrences
Description: Kaen's eyes are a deep green, his hair raven-dark and unkempt. On one ear hangs two silver earrings. Kaen wears loose, black clothes with a few silver pieces. To allow for a greater speed, Kaen's attire bears only two pieces of "true" armor--a forearm guard and neckguard. Truthfully, Kaen's speed and agility were first created to compensate for his relatively low defense. About Kaen's chest are bound several thick, dark belts--a form of lighter armor. Similar belts cross his shins over his boots and are clasped over one of his thighs. A belt is also tightened around his waist, with crossing belts hanging from his hips. At each side, Kaen wears a silver dirk with a leather-bound hilt.
History: Due to his speed and skills, Kaen was once known as "The Black Lightning". As a PKK ("Player Killer Killer", one who "Kills" PKs), many battles were fought in which Kaen's opponent never saw him. However, a short time after the "virus" incident, Kaen vanished from The World for unknown reasons. Having heard rumors regarding strange events in The World, he has now returned and is refamiliarizing himself with it while attempting to find the source of these happenings.
RP Sample: (This is from an unrelated roleplay.)

Kurogane lay beneath the moonless night sky, silver starlight reflecting on his features and in his half-closed eyes. Arms folded behind his head, the trainer rested amidst the wave of tall grass that was now a night-enveloped field. His eyes of winter's azure partially open, Kurogane's lips faintly moved as he murmured, "Why . . . Couldn't I live up to it?"

The male's sapphire eyes, now frosted fully and distant in thought, slowly closed as he mused, " 'Kurogane' . . . that name they gave me. They said 'Kurogane' meant 'iron'. They said they believed I would be strong--as strong as my name. But . . . " The tranquility of Kurogane's features was suddenly disrupted as he flinched from the pain of inner turmoil. But, I couldn't live up to it. The ones who sacrificed everything for me and cared for me when I was not even their own--the ones I should have been strong for, I failed when they needed me most.

Kurogane suddenly sat upright, slamming one fist into his palm in fury and frustration. If I can't protect what's important--what's precious, how can I be called strong? How? Was it too much . . . What my birth-parents were expecting of me? After a long pause, Kurogane seemed to relax slightly, lowering his hands and exhaling a misted breath into the night air. Opening his cobalt eyes, the trainer gently touched the Dive Ball that hung about his neck. The orb seemed to glow softly in the pale starlight, glinting slightly as its master's touch shifted its position. We won't fail, Glalie. Never again.

RentCavalier
December 17th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Yay! People! You are both accepted!:D

Name: Cavalier
Class: Gunner Valkyrie
Goals: Initially his goal was to just play the game, be the best there is. However, something will soon change that...

Description:Wears a long, heavy brown trenchcoat, with a large wide-brimmed had. He has a pair of round sunglasses (think Vash the Stampede) that cover his eyes. Two black tatood stripes run down the die of his head. He wears a long, leather strapped armpiece on both arms, ending in spiked gloves. A high level friend of his gave him his two starting weapons: an elementally enhanced shotgun for short range, and an automatic crossbow for long range.

History:In the real world, he wasn't a very popular kid. He didn't make friends easily, and most of the time he spent was alone, working on some project. In "The World" however, he has become a totally different person. Still a newbie, he's shown a remarkable talent in the game already.
Rp Sample: I don't need one:D

Arcanine Fan 101
December 17th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Name: Keika
Class:Wavemaster
Goals: To be the best.
Description: Wheres a long black cloak,followed by a white robe underneath.She has pure white hair,blue eyes.She sometimes tries to camofluage herself.
History: She once was a lost little girl.But now she has found a nice loving faimly.She gets in "The World" everyday now.
Rp Sample:

Keika was walking around,alone afraid of the new world.she stumbled over a large tree branch.She now knew where she was,it was a large forset!She walked more carefully watching her step.She continued to walk when a large forset creature a came!She tried to get around it when someone came and saved her!It was her future brother!

RentCavalier
December 17th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Sorry Kai, your RP sample isn't detailed enough, and doesn't meet my specifications.:\

Trainer Ben
December 18th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I'm not that familiar with the .HACK series, but I always enjoy an RP about a MMORPG.

Name: Lt. Shoulder

Class: Heavy Blade

Goals: To find out what is (or will be) happening in The World.

Description: A large, muscle man with green skin and no shirt. Wears a helmet with long, antler-like horns, which is also green. Also has black armored pants with armor boots. Uses a black sword.

History: Lt. Shoulder was once part of a great army. After finding out their true motives, though, he soon rebelled and left, now an outcast. He hides in many different towns, hoping his followers never find him.

In the real world, Lt. Shoulder is played by Shinju, a depressed boy hoping to escape from his harsh reality. Having lost his entire family, the orphanage he used to live at, and even his own friends, he turns toward The World to help him escape reality.

Rp Sample: (From other RP)

This is how it feels to be Dimon:

Darkness all around you. The one substance you fear has made it's home around the entire world. The creatures of the night, the Vampires, have become citizens of the Earth, roaming at their will and feeding off humans. Armed with a sword and cold courage, you fight. You take on a vampire, only to almost become one yourself. After escaping, you train. You fight hybrids to increase your power. A burning question remains within yourself: Will I become powerful enough to stop these evil creatures? Or will I fail?

Only time will tell.

He slashes at the creature, damaging it. Dimon's blood boiled as he fought the dark menace. Soon, the vampire ceased to live as the slayer's attacks came in one after another. He plunged the wooden steak into the heart of the beast, killing it for good.

One down, only half a million to go.

RentCavalier
December 18th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Accepted Trainer Ben.

We have four people now, counting myself, so I will wait a day, and then tomorrow we will start.

A day will let anyone who wants to still join join, and we'll accept new RPers anytime.

RentCavalier
December 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
OOC: Ok, we're starting.

Cavalier slowly opened his eyes, looking around at the Aquatic City of Mac Anu. Despite the massive changes the World had now endured, the city had lost little of its old charm. Physically it was the same.

Boats sailed lazily down the wide canals, mostly filled with chatty young wavemasters and Long Arms, talking about the latest info on the Board. Rushing back and forth were dozens of intricately dressed players, running back and forth, shouting about rare treasures hidden in secret keywords.

Cavalier walked down the stone stairs, alert, yet relaxed. This was his second time logged into "The World", and his first had been far too short for him to really see anything.

Anything that was normal at least...

Orion raised his sword in the air and charged, ripping through the small goblin before them. Cavalier cheered, staying close behind. The dungeon itself was small, cramped and filled with hopelessly weak enemies, far too weak to be any use to anyone above level three. Cavalier holstered the automatic crossbow, a gift from Orion and followed his high level friend into the treasure room.

Together they opened the large treasure chest, the massive stature that stood like a sentinal behind it falling noiselessly to the ground, crumbling away.

"You can have the treasure kid." Orion spoke with a laugh. One of the veteran players, he had started six years ago, and had been lucky enough to know the Legendary Kite of the Azure Flame while he still played. Orion was always eager to help newbies like Cavalier, and this time was no exception.

"A-are you sure?" Cavalier spoke worridly.

"Yeah, knock yourself out. We'll use an Ocaraina to get outta here. Meet me in the Root Town tomorrow, ok?"

Cavalier stood atop the large bridge that spanned the huge canals, watching the boats pass beneath. A familiar gravelly voice spoke from behind.

"Right on time kid. You're punctual."

Cavalier smirked and turned slowly, brushing his silver hair from his eyes. "Aren't I always, Orion?"

The large Samurai-like Heavy Blade grinned rougishly. "Yeah, I guess so. Here that they plan to reinstate the better projectile classes?"

"They've been saying it for monthes. Think they really mean it this time?"

Orion was about to speak when a massive howling noise rang through the normally peaceful street. The buildings began to shift in and out of solidity, then huge cracks began to rip through them. A cold laugh filled the air, and a massive blast of energy knocked everyone to their feet.

Orion leapt up, sword drawn and ready. His eyes widened in surprise as he stared at the sky. A massive hole, leading into darkness hovered above the town, the broken chunks of rubble rising up to form words.

Hells Gate Open!

The laughter continued as a man walked out of the hole, walking seemingly on air. The air itseld shifted around him, white noise and static crackling through the whole area.

He raised his hands, a sadistic grin playing on his features. He was dressed similarly to wavemaster, a long flowing robe, with a leather emblem sown in the front. He raised his hands, and spoke, his voice echoing.

"Congratulations, worms. You have been deemed worthy of a visit from the Gods themselves. Rejoice! Our judgement is nigh, and all can be saved!"

He laughed maniacally, pointing at a young Blademaster.

"You boy! Do you wish to be saved?"

The blademaster backed away in fright, trying desperately to log out. The mysterious man spoke again.

"Oh, I am certain you all have noticed that the ability to log out at this present time has been...shall we say, suspended. I don't want anyone leaving until the show is over."

He clenched his fist, and a series of numbers surrounded the hapless wavemaster. There was a terrible scream and the player was ripped apart, numbers and broken data flinging everwhere.

"See? A gift from the gods is not to be refused! I am afraid you all must now die."

Orion growled. "That...bastard...I'll KILL HIM!"

Massive streams of energy shot out of the dark hole from which the mysterious man had come. They ripped through players, tearing them apart. In seconds, ten people were destroyed, and the town was being ravaged.

Orion rushed forward, kicking off a destroyed wall and flying straight towards the man, sword raised.

He never made it.

A massive blue wand appeared in the man's hand, impaling Orion in mid air. Orion screamed, an unearthly scream, then his body too was ripped apart.

Cavalier backed away slowly. He recognized that wand. It was the same wand that the program Skeith had...no...not the same...that was red...and this one is in the hands of a person!

The man laughed, tossing the wand about lightly.

"Well, we'll say this was a prologue to the main show, worms. The administrators will soon be here to show me out. I do hope we all get better aquainted next time! Remember my name, worms, is Janus, and I am the Gatekeeper!"

With a maniacal laugh he vanished through the hole in the sky, leaving the two large buildings in ruins, and mass chaos behind.

Kay11190
December 31st, 2005, 11:56 AM
"Finally I made it to level ten." Kail said after finishing off a phantom wing, which to him was just an overgrown moth. "Alright time to find out what treasure awaits me." he said slowly opening the treasure chest infront of him, hoping for it to be another item he could sell. "No not another air wand, I swear if I get any more of theese I'm going to end up with a fortune." Which was pretty true seeing he had already sold well over twenty and has quite a sum of money. "Well best head over to Root Town and sell this." he said exiting the dugeon and using the nearest chaos gate. "What in the world happened here!" Kail exclaimed looking at the chaos that came ocer the once peaceful town. He headed over toward a large bridge that seemed to over look all the destruction pushing through the oncoming crowd. there he stood wondering what couldhave happened, since he knew they didn't have anything special planned for today in the World. "Hey do you know what's going on here?" Kail asked the boy in the brown trench caot next to him, seeing as he was the only remotely calm person there.

RentCavalier
December 31st, 2005, 02:28 PM
Cavalier shook his head, shuddering slightly.

"I-I don't...I don't..."

He closed his eyes.

"What...was that...?"

Miss Reyna
December 31st, 2005, 02:37 PM
Is it to late to join?

Name: Reyna Isabella. (Reyna in the world)
Class:Twin Blade
Goals: To make some friends and to have fun.
Description: She has pink hair and is a bit small. Reyna is thin but she wears red armor that is tight to her skin. It is abit revealing but in order to matain speed and movement. She has a long thin red blade and a two daggers. The daggers are held on her side and the sword is on her back.
History: Reyna is a very open and hyper person in the real world. She loves what you say cute things and is a bit girly. In 'The World' she is open and fun loving. She enjoys searching for items and treasures. She likes to battle but on the side.
Rp Sample

Reyna walked up to a large building. She was kind of scared and unsure if she should go in.

"Must I come here" she asked.

Fugi jumped upon her sholder and nodded.

"Ok. I guess you are right." said Reyna.

Reyna remember the day she gotten her powers. It was a rainy day and she was alone at home.

Then something was heard from the living room. There were two big men. Reyna was scared. She was home alone and didn't know what to do. One of the men grabbed her and tied her up.

She was scared and the guys were digging though her house. She then felt some heat in her fingers and the rope began to burn. Soon she was able to break free. The men looked at her. The began to shoot at her but a small fox appeared and melted their guns.

Reyna was abit scared but the men were even more scared. They ran out the house leaving their stuff. Reyna then petted the fox happily.

Ever since that day she had these strange powers to control and make fire. Fugi never left her side.

Kogenta
January 2nd, 2006, 09:08 AM
Kaen stood at the edge of the crowd, leaning silently against one of the newly formed mounds of rubble. Having witnessed the event, he remained silent for a long moment. Finally, he turned and brushed through the crowd, approaching Cavalier and giving a slight nod to Kail as he passed him. Then, switching his communication to "Talk Mode", he addressed Cavalier.

"One of the ones who died--I saw you talking with him before the incident. You were friends?"

Without waiting for a reply, Kaen removed a Revival Potion from his inventory selected the "Give" command, handing it to Cavalier.

"You look new, so I doubt you could afford that," the Twin Blader commented casually. "But, it might do your friend good."

Without another word, Kaen started away, replaying the event in his mind as he attempted to answer the questions left by the strange occurrence. Janus . . . I don't believe I've heard of that name before. He referred to himself as 'the Gatekeeper". Could he mean the Chaos Gates or a different type of gate? Thinking back, several words did appear before Janus arrived--"Hell's Gate Open". If those words were used as keywords at a Chaos gate, I wonder what would happen . . . In any case, there will probably be quite a bit of speculation later at the message boards.

CyBeastSaber
January 2nd, 2006, 09:59 AM
If i'm correct, you're still accepting, right?

Name: Ryo (Ryosuke in the real world)
Class: Twin Blades
Goals: To be the best of the best in the World. Other than that, he just wants to have fun and solve mysteries.
Description: Ryo has a dark blue hair color and teal eyes. He wears a blue T-shirt and brown pants. He wears a shoulder pad on his left side and gauntlets on both hands. He wears a thin leather chest plate blocking his left side and brown shoes. He is the spliting image of his controller.
History: Ryosuke has barely started playing but has done many things to further become infamous. He is very easy-going and friendly. He enjoys battling monsters and wants to be the best.

Rp Sample:
I jumped quickly delivering blows to oncoming phantom wings.
"Hmph. This is really getting nowhere." I said putting back both of my blades back into their proper scabbards. I started walking foward when a large and unusual creature appeared.
"What is this?" I said analyzing the monster.
"Huh? There seems to be no data on this creature. Well I'll just have to see how powerful it is." I said jumpoing at the enormous creature.
"Star Slash." I jumped up and slashed at the creature 10 times with increasing intensity. The monster had fallen back but still stood strong.
"So. You won't die eh?" I folded both blades together and turned them in a circle.
"You will die." I said while spinning the double blades. "Heaven's Force!" I shouted.The spinning swords had turned bright. I dashed at it and plunged the swords in the monster. It groaned loudly. I took both out and shot a large beam through the creature. It faded into the air and growled loudly but disappeared. "Heh. That was most interesting."

RentCavalier
January 2nd, 2006, 10:02 AM
(Accepted all, welcome)

Cavalier logged out ten minutes later, unable to find the corpse of his friend to revive. He stood up from his monitor and slowly ran a hand through her hair.

That...wasn't normal. Things like that can't happen in the game. He sent an e-mail to his friend and went to get a drink.

Thirty minutes later, he had two replies. One was from his friend.

"I aM F1n3. r34llY T1-13RE 1s n0 Th1ng \/\/r0nG. D0 n0t ph34r, d34th 1s n0T r34l. In3vit4bl3 iT sh44lL c0m3 s00n, by t1-13 gu1d4nce of t1-1e Will..."

What the? this email made no sense...the other was from an automated client.

"The addressed that you just sent a message to no longer exsists. Please recheck your message address."

The address listed was the exact one of his friends: the one this strange email had come from. Cavalier swallowed hard.

What...what was happening?

Miss Reyna
January 2nd, 2006, 05:00 PM
Reyna finally made it to the world. She sat herself down on a chair in a town bar. She place a dagger in it side holder.

"It is nice to be in a different place for once." she smiled.

A guy in black armor then came to her and asked, "So you new to the world?"

Reyna smiled and said, "Yes I am. I only been here for a day or two?"

He smiled and said, "Oh. How about I guide you? You know after a little chat."

Reyna smiled and said, "Ok. I guess. Where are you going to take me?"

"No where hard. Just a dungeon adventure." he said.

"That sounds like fun." she said and then started to talk to him for a while.

pichugirl
January 5th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Can I still join this thread?

RentCavalier
January 5th, 2006, 03:47 PM
(Yes of course you can join Pichu. Rayna, we should prolly have all the main players meet in the town before going off anywhere.)

Cavalier logged back into the world, noticing the city was still in ruin. Several men in dark suits were talking to players, and they were trying to repair the broken walls.

"System admins. They've improved since Lios retired, after the Second Pluto's Kiss incident awhile ago..."

He sighed and looked around.

"I wonder if anyone knows anything else about what happened..."

Miss Reyna
January 5th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Reyna and the guy then went out the bar. They went towards a Choas Gate.

"What is this?" Reyna asked.

The guy then laugh and said, "You are really new to this? This is a Choas Gate. It is use to teleport in the world you can say."

Reyna was a bit amaze and said, "Wow. You must be a pro."

After a while they teleported out of the area and were in a new one. This one was in ruin.

"This isn't a dungeon. What is it?" said Reyna as she walked around the ruin city.

CyBeastSaber
January 5th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I stood up and brushed off myself.
"Now that is most interesting. Has that ever happened before?" I mumbled while stroking my chin. I placed my swords back in their sheaths and sighed a long sigh. I walked towards a forest and rested for a few minutes trying to recover my strength.
"Hm. Where is the nearest gate I can use?" I wondered. I looked around and walked deeper into the forest and happened to come by a Chaos Gate. "Hm...." I muttered, closed my eyes, and stepped into it. At that moment my body was thrown to another place. I slowly opened my eyes and found that I was at a ruined city.
"Hm... What happened here?" I wondered and walked towards the city hoping to explore it and such.

RentCavalier
January 6th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Clive leaned against a ruined building, perplexed.

A new mystery had just arrived via an email. Another odd message, from his friends address.

"t0 t1-13 l05t 0/\/3, 2 und3r5t4/\/d t1-13 \/\/0rld, 0/\/3 mu5t j0urn3y f4r. g0 2 Desecrated Firey Demon."

Those were keywords to a level five zone. Cavalier was certaintly strong enough, but he couldn't get up the courage to go alone...he sighed.

Miss Reyna
January 6th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Reyna then walked arounf the ruin city. She asked, "What happen here." SHe looked back to find that the guy was now gone. "Where he went?"

She then saw another guy lending against a ruin building. She ran up to him and asked, "Have you seen my friend?"

Kogenta
January 6th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Kaen leaned wordlessly against a ruined building, he emerald eyes viewing the carnage of broken stone and shattered data. He had not logged out since the incident, despite the urgings of numerous CC Corp. employees and administrators. "Looks like they've logged in more employees than usual. There must be quite a bit of damage," the male Twin Blade observed silently. I wonder how CC Corp. plans to cover this up.

"Have you seen my friend?"

Kaen turned as he heard a voice behind him. A female, pink-haired Twin Blade stood before him, apparently having recently arrived in the city and appearing to be somewhat lost. For a brief moment, Kaen was silent as he checked her status. She appears to be a relatively new player . . . Low level, too, though I suppose that's to be expected . . .

Allowing no indication that he had viewed her player information, Kaen straightened as he calmly replied, "Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you--not unless I know what your friend looks like. Although, if you have his username, you can run a user look-up." He paused. Though unsure as to why he said what he said next, he later assumed it to be some form of pity. "If you want to, you can stay with me until you find your friend," Kaen offered.

Miss Reyna
January 6th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Reyna then thought for a while. The guy never gave his name when she thought about it. She then said, "Well...I don't real know his name. I mean I just meant him and I know he wears black armor."

She then notice the CC Corp guys. She then pointed and said, "He looked like those guys!! He has somewhat the same armor."

RentCavalier
January 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM
(I said they wore black suits...)

Cavalier decided to test his luck and posted a message on the boards, asking for assistance to investigate an area that may have a connection to the mysterious attack.

Now he just sits and waits...

pichugirl
January 7th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Username: StarlightMoon

Class: Twin Blade

Goals: She wants to find her sister.

Description: Ice Blue Hair with dark blue eyes wearing a strapless blue and black top with matching skirt with those kinda long gloves that have the hands cut out.( She hides her tatoos that way)

History:Her sister was kidnapped and hasn't been heard of for 5 years but all of a sudden theres news of her sighting in...The World. She's known to be very secretive and tough though she does have a bit of a shy side.

Rp Sample:

" Now where am I going?" said StarlightMoon. She curiously looked around looking at least a clue of a map. "It's hopeless. I'm going to be lost forever..." "I heard my sister is around hear somewhere..now if only I where somewhere is..." She wandered around then suddenly she saw someone "Excuse me do you now where we are?" The old woman looked up "No I'm sorry child I don't know where we are." " Ok then goodbye." Man I'm bored..... She started to play with her spears. She blankly walked around for 45 seconds. Then she looked over at the wreckage.. "Woah..that looks like some really serious damage....I wonder who did that?"

badgirl
January 7th, 2006, 11:20 AM
username:mya
class:long arms
description:long white hair with blue streaks and dark blue eyes she has a silver traditional dress with chains everywhere
History: was kidnapped when young got adopted and discovers the world
goals: wants to find sister
rp sample:

Mya looks up in the sky wondering when she will get to the next town "I hope I find her soon shes always in trouble.." then she sees a crowd.. "I wonder what happened?"

Kogenta
January 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM
"Like . . . that?" Kaen echoed quietly, turning toward the indicated direction. So, her friend may have been a CC Corp. employee . . . That means his character may not even be a permanent one. Most employees only log for emergency situations like this. Besiedes, most CC Corp. avatars look pretty similar. Kaen's player covered his microphone to stifle his sigh. Without his username, this might be difficult . . . Lowering his hand from the microphone, the male Twin Blade then addressed Reyna.

"I'm afraid finding your friend might be a bit difficult, especially if he's a CC Corp. employee . . . That is . . . " Kaen paused. How would I explain this to her? "Nevermind," he finally said.

The dark-haired avatar fell silent as his player's attention was drawn elsewhere. Looks like my search for message board threads on the recent event has completed . . . Hm? This looks interesting . . . Kaen's eyes skimmed swiftly across the posted message. This may have some promise. And, if I'm not mistaken, the person who posted this message was the one I met earlier after the attack.

Kaen's player swiftly typed a message to be sent directly to Cavalier.

Your proposition seems interesting. I am currently in Mac Anu near the site of the attack, if you would like to meet.
-- Kaen

Kaen selected the "send" option before returning his attention to The World's main playing screen. Hopefully, by signing my name "Kaen", I won't be recognized as the Black Lightning. Then again, the newer players might not have heard of me anyway . . .

RentCavalier
January 7th, 2006, 02:18 PM
(Pichu and Bagrl, both your profiles are fine, but your RP samples lack sufficient detail. If you can make them longer then I can accept you.)

Cavalier cocked his head, reading over the message. He grinned and checked his weapons before sending a reply.

Meet me at the Chaos Gate.

He took one last look at the destruction, then slowly trudged down the bridge, the Chaos Gate...and a new adventure...awaited.

Kay11190
January 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Kail now standing against a lamp post, thought about all of todays events. He had never before seen anything like and tried to forget the looks on everyones faces as they fleed the scene of the disaster. Deciding that only treasure hunting could get all of this he headed for the nearest chaos gate trying to think of what dungeon he could go to. As he stood in front of the gate he checked his money to see how much he had earned from his previous dungeon raid. Maybe I'll wait here to see if I can travel with someone traveling alone all the time isn't that much fun. He thought to himslf sitting on a bench a couple of feet away from the gate. Yeah that's sure to be fun, maybe I can even find those guys I met earlier and travel with them.

Miss Reyna
January 7th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Reyna was a bit worry. "Oh. So he some sort of worker for the World? Is that a bit strange. I fine it creepy." She said.

Reyna then took out a dagger and started to play with it. She spinned it around in her hands. Enjoying it. She then asked, "Then is it ok if I hang out with you till I find him. I mean I pretty new here and I am skill as a new person but I don't want to me alone."

pichugirl
January 8th, 2006, 05:35 AM
"What happened here?" She walked off somewhere wondering where to go. Ok now all I need to do is find something remotely close to a map.... After walking around for 3 minutes she got lazy and started complaining. " I'm never going to find a map!" Maybe I'll just have a look around this place." (she gets bored very easily) " Hmmmm... a message board....nothing nteresting......wait a sec ooo an investigation! At least it will past the time!" She curiously read the message saying meet me at the chaos gate. I guess I'll go there" She typed a message that said ' Sounds Cool! I'll be there!' Then she ran down to the chaos gate and leaned against it waiting trying to be patient. I guess I just wait here.. She looked around to see if anyone was there yet...*sigh* I never was good at waiting..

CyBeastSaber
January 8th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Looking at the ruins, I was intrigued. Maybe I should look around first. This place seems quite dangerous. "Hm. I should check the message board to see if anything's up." I said to myself and looked through the message board, looking for new posts.
"Hmm... Nothing of interest.... Nope.... Nothing.... Wait.... 'meet me at the Chaos Gate.' Hm. Sounds interesting. It might be a battle." I read and said to myself. I walked towards the nearest Chaos Gate thinking it was there. I saw a young female warrior leaning against it. I walked closer and stood on the other side of the gate where she was.

RentCavalier
January 8th, 2006, 10:59 AM
(Pichu, I never accepted you, you needed a better RP sample...)

Kogenta
January 9th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Meet me at the Chaos Gate.

The message was short, but clear and concise. As Kaen began to turn toward the nearest Chaos Gate, he heard the female Twin Blade near him speak. After a brief moment of hesitation, he replied, "I suppose you could come if you want. But, I should warn you, there may be some risk where I'm going--particularly for a low-level character." Kaen paused before adding, "Er, no offense. A low-level character is a low-level character, though, even in the hands of the most skilled player. So, if you come, be on your guard."

With that, Kaen then strode down a partially damaged alley, climbing over a large pile of rubble. After a short time, the male Twin Blade slowed his pace. There it is. The Chaos Gate. Kaen started up a set of steps that led to the slowly spinning disc of light. I hope this is the right gate . . .

Miss Reyna
January 9th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Reyna nodded. She knew she was low level but she was ok. Reyna was able to take down a big looking beast before she came to the bar before.

She hopped over the rumble. She then said, "I can be pretty good. I mean I just need direction."

She then saw the Choas Gate and said, "Where we going? Don't I need to know where we going in order to go?"

RentCavalier
January 10th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Cavalier was surprised at the group that had suddenly assembedl, grinning sheepishly.

"All...all of you answered my message? Well, alright, the more the merrier...however..."

His voice darkened some.

"Were we are going may be dangerous. And I don't just mean in game. That man...he deleted one of my friends in the game...and that friend has disappeared in the real world. Something real dirty is happening. We may find answers here, but...we could all be placing ourselves in grave danger. Are you still willing to go?"

Kay11190
January 10th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Kail still sitting on the beanch watched and listened to everything the small group by the portal was saying, a little shaken at some of the things that were mentioned. He recognized two of them from before and decided he'll follow them even into the midst of all this danger. "I'll go, I don't care how much danger there is. Even if theres no treasure I still might get a chance to improve alot in this game" Kail said walking up to the gate from behind the group.

pichugirl
January 11th, 2006, 12:13 PM
" I'll go. I'm not letting this guy cause anymore trouble." "And who knows maybe I'll find my sister along the way... "Even if it is dangerous ..I'll just have to take that risk..my sister might also be involved...." she said the last part a little softer. "This guy is not gonna cause trouble while I'm still alive." She walked over to where Kail was.

Miss Reyna
January 12th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Reyna was listening to what the guy was saying. She found the speech somewhat strange. She didn't actally believe somethhing like this could be happening so she thought this was some sort of event.

She then stepped forward and said, "Ok. I jon. I do need something to do."

Kogenta
January 12th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Though Kaen's expression remained unchanged, a faint smile crossed his player's face as he replied, "After seeing the event earlier, I do not doubt the danger. But, I came here accepting that risk."

Besides, The World has already put me through quite a bit . . . Still, though, to protect it, I'm willing to pay whatever cost necessary. The smile faded from the player's face as he fell silent. I wonder about the others, though . . . Would they still want to go if they knew what they were getting into? Then again, I doubt that, even after all my years of playing, I could predict what The World might have in store for us.

CyBeastSaber
January 12th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Seeing this group that assembled, I was quite intrigued.
"What a group. I will join also if I am welcomed." I said to everyone. "I came here looking to be the best. If this adventure will make me stronger, even if it is dangerous, I will be happy to go."
This is it. The start of a worth while journey. Though it might be dangerous, it may take me a step closer to my goal. I clenched both of my fist at the excitement that rushed through my body.

Miss Reyna
January 12th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Reyna took a dagger and twril it in her hand. She enjoy the idea of having so many friends here and being them. Reyna then leaned against a pole. She treated this event as another fun thing to do in the world.

She then smile in hte real world. She said, "This game is great. I feel so part of it already."

Reyna then said, "So this thing. What is it doing? How can it work to do this. Where we find it?"

RentCavalier
January 12th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Cavalier nodded.

"Thank you...everyone. Right then, this is a fire area, so be ready."

He raised his arm.

"Let's go! DESECRATED FIREY DEMON!!!!"

The chaos gate swirled and swirled, faster and faster like a blur, then a flash of light enveloped the group...

A firey lake of lava stretched all around, as they appeared on a stone platform right in the middle. A massive tower stretched in the distance, a maze of carved stone paths leading towards it.

Cavalier drew his crossbow.

"Let's go!"

CyBeastSaber
January 12th, 2006, 05:46 PM
"Ah. So it finally begins. I am hope this will be the challenge of my life." I said grabbing both of my blades and took them from their coverings. I waited for Cavalier to start the advance because he was how we gathered there.
"Let's go. Cavalier, I'm right behind you." I said to Cavalier ready to attack.

Miss Reyna
January 12th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Reyna then saw the Fire Area. She liked it. She felt stronger and more powerful. Her daggers that she was tlriwing had a ring of fire coming from it. She liked it.

With a smile on her face she said, "So something about this place makes me feel more powerful. I like this place. What is it about it that does this to me?"

pichugirl
January 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
So it begins.... She took out her swords and followed them. I wonder where we're going? She looked up in front "hmmmm.. the journey finally begins...now if there were only something to slice in here.." Then her mind wandered off somewhere..

Miss Reyna
January 14th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Reyna loved the feeling she had. The fire and this power. She loved the energy rush that this place is giving her. She knew that this place could smell bad but she can't really smell it so it isn't that bad.

She then span her daggers even faster to create some more fire. "I just love this."

RentCavalier
January 15th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Cavalier led the group down a firey pathway, looking around for trouble.

A sudden whining noise, the tell-tale sign of a portal openeing echoed above them, and suddenly a large stone golem fell from the sky, landing and pinning Cavalier to the ground.

pichugirl
January 15th, 2006, 01:43 PM
" Hey you get away from him!" She sped toward him and threw daggers at him. It dodged it and the daggers hit some rocks Oh man! I need more power! "I could use some help! Ahhhhhh!" she said as tons of boulders fell on top of her..Her vision blurred out as she fainted.

Miss Reyna
January 15th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Reyna then smiled. She wanted a battle now. She had no ideawhy she had this change in her but she was glad.

She then ran at high speed and started to slash the golem. It did little damage but she had to stop because it then slammed her.

"I guessing small daggers aren't going to cut it here." Reyna said. She then put the daggers at her side and grabbed the huge orange sword on her back with two hands. "Maybe this little guy will do.the job."

She then ran and swing the sword to attack the golem. It made an explorsion upon impact.

Kogenta
January 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
[OOC: Er, honestly, I am not sure how well a Twin Blade would do equipped with a large blade . . . Twin Blades were built for using light weapons. ^-^;; Ah, well.]

Kaen stood behind the others, silently studying the opponent. Since this is a fire area, this monster will probably have a fire attribute. So . . . Kaen's player swiftly re-equipped his avatar with another set of daggers--Aqua Dragon Blades. Hopefully that's more suited.

Crouching down, the male Twin Blade twirled an item between his forefinger and middle finger before activating it, calling, "Speed Charm!" The Twin Blade vanished from sight. Within seconds, a watery slash was dealt to the golem's back, dark electricity entwined about the attack. Then, two black-electricity empowered waves were cast toward the golem's legs with the intention of casting it to the ground and freeing Cavalier.

Dodging a series of boulders, Kaen saw the monster begin to grow unsteady. The Twin Blade immediately sprang forward, dealing a heavy blow to its head and casting it to the ground. Landing some distance from the golem, Kaen prepared a spell as he called to Cavalier, "Get up!" The Twin Blade then cast the spell, healing Cavalier. "Ol Repth!"

Pausing to give himself an SP restoration potion, Kaen's eyes narrowed. It's been a while since I've fought a monster this powerful. If there are more monsters like this in the area, I wonder how the others will fare . . . Either way, it's time to finish this.

"Speed Charm!" Kaen's avatar again vanished before suddenly appearing at the monster's shoulder. The Twin Blade dealt a double-slash across the creature's neck, the slice forming an "X" shape. Without pause, Kaen sprang back and away, disappearing.

[OOC: It is is RentCavalier's decision as to whether or not the monster is destroyed. So, I suppose I will stop there. ^-^;;]

CyBeastSaber
January 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM
OOC: Oooo. I wanna give him a good wack to before he dies. :P

IC:

Seeing Kaen deliver amazing attacks, I was encouraged to fight.
A powerful fighter, he is. I must challenge him some time. I thought.
I gave a mad dash towards the creature switching my blades to a water attribued weapon. There was only one pair that I had that had a water attribute and those were Aqua Dragon Blades.
"Hm. These will do I guess." I mumbled. I ran towards the connected segments of it's body and did eight slashes to each part. Only small fragments of rocks of the golem's rock hard body flew from the blades' edges.
"Hm. These don't do enough damage. Darn." I said constantly slashing at the golem's segmented body. A large hand suddenly knocked me away. I flew a few feet into the air and landed on the ground.
"Gah. That was unexpected." I coughed. I brought myself to my feet. I took out a speed charm.
"Gotta help bring this thing down. Speed Charm!" I shouted, disappearing. I appeared by the golem's body segment.
"Star Slash." I shouted and struck the golem ten times with increasing power. The golem's body started to break but was still intact.
"Another should do it but..."

Miss Reyna
January 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Reyna jumped back from the explorsion she made. She was somewhat satified. Reyna found the sword a bit heavy and she felt a bit slow but still she love the feeling she has by fighting this monster. She loved the feel of the large sword in her hands. IT was heavy to hold but maybe it just something to get use too.

"What a rush!!" Reyna said.

Reyna then jumped up again and slice the golem again to create another explorsion.

RentCavalier
January 16th, 2006, 10:22 PM
A ring of light surrounded the golem and its wounds suddenly sealed up. A small wizard cackled.

"Hehehehhe, now you all-eh?"

A shotgun pressed itself to the magic-user's face, a very irate Cavalier at the end.

"Shut up."

He pulled the trigger, the wizard's head vanishing. He stood, aiming at the golem and fired.

It fell backwards, teetering over the edge. The Gunner Valkyrie ran forward and kicked it, smirking as it fell into the lava, thrashing and melting away...

Miss Reyna
January 17th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Reyna was abit disappointed. She wanted to fight the golem some more. She then put her sword away on her back and wip her hands. She then sighed and said, "Oh. I wanted to fight a bit more."

Reyna then notice the headless wizard. She gave it a strange look and said, "What up with the headless guy? Is he good or bad?" She remembered that it healed up the golem not to long ago.

RentCavalier
January 17th, 2006, 09:23 AM
(To clarify, its one of those wizard monsters, the ones that float on the balls)

pichugirl
January 18th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Starlight suddenly woke up " Uhhh.. my head what happened is the battle over? Aww man! I wanted to smash it! I can't believe my luck! This is just great!

" Oh well as long as the pebble dude is gone...." What am I saying I never let anyone thrash me and get away with it!!! She then looked over and saw some guy with his head blown off.. " What happened to him?"

Miss Reyna
January 18th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Reyna straghten her armor and tried to make herself look a bit nice. She then grabbed a dagger and blew at it. She then spin it around and snap it back to its holder.

Reyna looked over to Starlight and said, "Cavalier just blasted the wizard guy head right off with his gun." she letted out a giggle.

Kogenta
January 18th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Calmly slashing apart what remained of the wizard monster, Kaen commented, "Maybe it's a bit late for this. But, at least while we're in this area, I suggest that we trade member addresses and form a party." Returning his weapons to his usual dirks, Kaen sheathed the blades, continuing, "It should make battle and avatar resurrection easier. Also, we can change our chat modes to 'Party', so only members of our party can hear what we say." The male Twin Blade shrugged slightly. "I doubt there's anyone else in this area. But, it's just a precaution."

"By the way, " Kaen added as his player selected an option on his game screen. "Since I don't know what will happen to my character, I'll give everyone a Resurrection Potion to use in an emergency." As Kaen selected the "Give" option, he emphasized, "Only use this if absolutely necessary. If the character you're prepared to revive is in a position where they'll die again before being able to do anything, don't use the potion on them. And, if you can do without Resurrecting them for the moment, then do. I have a Resurrection spell I can use."

Miss Reyna
January 18th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Reyna the recieve the potion. She never had anything like this before. She then place it in her item bag. She then tried to add everybody in there group to inder party. She didn't believe she had so many friends already for being here so little.

"I just added you under all that stuff you said. It was a bit hard for me being new." said Reyna. She then added the address. "So does this mean I am your friend?"

Kogenta
January 23rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Kaen hesitated before replying. Though willing to help others, he was naturally a loner. And, most people seemed to have a distinct dislike for PKK's--one reason for him often hiding his identity as the Black Lightning. "For the moment, we're allies. Interpret it as you will," Kaen finally answered, accepting the invitation and joining Reyna's party.

Checking his inventory and noting the supplies that remained, Kaen mentally sighed. This event is becoming rather expensive . . . Then, selecting the item "Fairy's Orb", Kaen activated it, saying, "This should map out the dungeon. Hopefully it will help us avoid any traps."

As he awaited the "fairy"'s return with its report, Kaen then turned toward Cavalier. "Before we go any farther, I have a question. How did you make a connection between the character at Mac Anu and this area?"

Miss Reyna
January 23rd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Reyna smiled because she has now aquire a new friend. She then jumped up and sat on a rock.

She thougth she saw fariy flying around or something. It came back to Kaen and she thought it belong to him. That is cute she thought. She felt excited that they were going into a dungeon. She never thought she have so much fun here in "The World".

"So this dungeon. Is it going to be tough?" said Reyna.

pichugirl
January 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Is it going to be tough? I never thought of that...I'm not all that experienced.... " Probably....." said Starlight " Calavier said it would be dangerous did he not? This will be a dangerous path I can assure you that. He had asked us if we were still willing to go didn't you Calavier?" She looked at him.

This is going to be hard so we'll just have to give it our best shot.

RentCavalier
January 25th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Cavalier led the group forward, thanks to the fairy orb they were able to avoid most of the magic portals, till they stood in front of a looming, dark pyramid.

"T-this must be the dungeon..."

Miss Reyna
January 25th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Reyna looked at the dark pyramid with awe. She was a bit scared. He never saw anything like it. She wanted to touch it but she was scared. The pyramid gave her a bad feeling. It was unnatural.

Reyna then place her daggers on her side and and said, "So this is the dungeon?"

She then took another look at it and was fearful. She had a hint on fear in her voice. "This is just nothing right though?"

pichugirl
January 26th, 2006, 12:10 PM
"Kind of creepy if you ask me.." Is this what all dungeons look like? " Well um...this looks inviting..so who's going first?" She looked at the dark pyramid.

I don't blame them it's just something about that thing that's just...so..scary..

CyBeastSaber
January 26th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I took the offered potion from Kaen and thanked him. After trading addresses and forming a party with the group of warriors, I followed Cavalier along with the rest through the dungeon. We came upon a dark pyramid. I looked at the structure and felt a twinge in my hand.

"This... looks interesting." I said looking at the pyramid. I gripped onto one of the blades I had because my hand trembled with uncontrollable excitement.
Finally. Something a bit more challenging. I thought.
"I'm ready when ever." I said strongly while waiting for the others.

Kogenta
January 30th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Though his inquiry remained unanswered, Kaen followed the group in silence. Upon arrival at the pyramid, the Twin Blade stared warily at the structure's dark form. I've never seen anything like this before in The World. It's true that, in designing the areas of The World, the programmers no doubt avoided creating areas that were too similar. Still, though, I have a bad feeling . . .

As Kaen's player "targeted" the door, the dark-haired avatar stepped forward. "The door doesn't appear to have any traps. So, if we want to make progress, I suppose we might as well go in." Moving toward the door, Kaen paused, adding, "I doubt I need to say this. But, be careful."

Miss Reyna
January 30th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Reyna took out just one dagger and put it in her hand. She then nodded and said, "Yeah. I guess we should be careful."

Reyna stayed close to Kaen said. She didn't want to get lost or anything. She just want to be safe and feel secure. She kept her dagger in her hand a prepare to grab the other one if the time comes.

RentCavalier
January 31st, 2006, 09:53 PM
"I heard that the World's updates are now really huge. Twelve Servers instead of five is only half of it..."

He walked gingerly inside, the dark dungeon engulfing him.

Kogenta
February 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
"True. Lately, The World has been undergoing many changes." Kaen strode behind Cavalier into the dungeon, switching his *POV to third-person to study his surroundings. Having entered a new area, the Twin Blade again activated the Fairy's Orb as he continued, "Truthfully, though, I can't say I'm sure CC Corp. is the one who made all those changes. The events earlier today may be an indicator of that."

Returning his POV to first-person, Kaen's eyes shifted warily about. After a pause, he turned to Cavalier, asking, "So, what now?"

[OOC: *POV - Point of View]

Miss Reyna
February 3rd, 2006, 05:08 PM
Reyna was still a bit scared. She felt as if something was watching her. She had the feeling that if she turns around that something will get her. She didn't like the feeling that she was getting from this place. She then held her blade closer to her.

Reyna then asked, "You be thinking that they will annouce if they are planing to make some changes."

pichugirl
February 8th, 2006, 07:08 AM
"You'd think they would.." It's just something about this place that just doesn't seem right. Starlight was now very fidgety. She would look back every once in a while just to see if anyone was following them. Seems kinda scary..... She held her sword even tighter so much it almost cut into her skin.

" Do you know where we're going?"

Kogenta
February 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Kaen stifled a slight sigh as he replied, "If we knew where we were going, I suppose we'd probably already be heading there." He paused. "In any case, the admins actually do announce all the updates in The World. If you go to the forum, you can usually find announcements of events and updates before they occur."

The Twin Blade fell silent as he studied the map the "fairy" of his Fairy's Orb had brought to him. After a moment of thought, Kaen added, "It's strange, but I can't say I recall having heard about this place before--whether being mentioned by other players or in the announcements. Still, The World is a pretty vast place . . . "

Miss Reyna
February 9th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Reyna felt a bit more confidant once she heard that the admins do annoucne updates but she was a bit scared. Then what Kaen said about this not being heard before brought that fear back. "Nice. I feel safe now."

She then took her dagger and slash it at air. She thougth she saw something but it seemed to be nothing at all.

Kogenta
February 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM
"Calm down. You'll know if we're in a battle," Kaen commented as Reyna slashed at the air. "Even if it's good to keep your guard up, thinking everything is an enemy is almost as bad as thinking that nothing is."

Kaen continued walking as his player checked his map. "As to your earlier comment, there are countless areas in The World. It isn't entirely unusual to learn of a new area. And, judging by the high-level monsters, I'd assume this is one of the less well-known ones."

The Twin Blade paused as the path branched into two passages. "According to my map, the left path has some traps. But, the right one has at least one monster. Any ideas?"

[OOC: ^-^;; RentCavalier, I hope I am not taking too many privileges with the story line . . . Before you return, I am attempting to progress as little as possible.]

Miss Reyna
February 10th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Reyna stopped and was a bit embrass. She didn't meant to do that but she felt a bit sheepish now. "Sorry." She place her dagges close to her.

She heard what Kaen said. Two paths. One with lots of traps while one with few. She tried thinking about what to do. The prize must be along the highly dangerous one. Tehn Kaen did metion that this is a high level dogeon so it could be trickly. "Maybe the people who made this place wants us to think that the prize is in the highly trap way but then we waste our time and energy to find out that it isn't there. Then we find out that it the other one." said Reyna.

She confuse herself a bit, "I mean it is a hard one right. RIght? Left? They both dangerous."

pichugirl
February 10th, 2006, 07:30 PM
" You're making me confused now." 'How do we know which one to pick the one with more traps looks more dangerous but it could be just to trick us into tsking that way and find out that it's not the right one but...ohhh my head hurts!'

Why don't we just split up so i one of our group finds thr right path we could tell everyone else and we won't end up going in the wrong direction?"

Kogenta
February 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
"Traps and monsters are rather different from one another," Kaen commented before explaining, "Splitting up might not be too wise either. That is, in some dungeons it might be helpful. But, by dividing, we would also be dividing our strength. And, with most of the characters in our party being rather new in the game--no offense intended--and the monsters being high-level, we could not afford that." Shrugging the Twin Blade toyed with one of his dirks, twirling it in one hand before re-sheathing it.

"I'm alright going either way. But, him being somewhat of the 'expedition leader', I guess it's Cavalier's decision in the end." Kaen turned toward the Gunner Valkyrie.

CyBeastSaber
February 11th, 2006, 12:57 PM
OOC: Agh. Sorry for not posting for some time now. I was quite busy.

IC:
I just stood there looking at the two different paths while thinking. 'On second thought, is it really good to think a lot in these kind of dungeons?' I wondered.
I quickly checked all my equipment and my stats. After thoroughly checking my things, I waited for the command to move by Cavalier.
"Any path will do for me too. All I want is a good challenge. Though the traps might be a lot of trouble..." I had started to fade from my point.

Miss Reyna
February 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Reyna was a bit unsure. She confuse not only herself but the other girl with them too. Maybe she was thinking to hard again. Maybe it is a bit more simplar then that. This is a big dungeon but she wasn't sure. Maybe it is just something.

Reyna then said, "Yeah. Maybe he knows a bit more then I do. I just a new person anyways. What I know." She felt a bit bad now that Kaen metion she was a bit too new which is true. She looked at her larger blade on her back.