PDA

View Full Version : Do pokemon take baths

Master
March 11th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Do you think pokemon take baths? I was just wonthering.

Pokemaster10000
March 11th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Hmm, I'm wondering about it also. Most likely yes. If they don't they'll just smell. But it's pretty wierd to imagine a rock or a fire pokemon taking a bath since they're weak against water. :P

Kairi
March 11th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Nintendo Power once offered the answer that since the water isn't being used forcefully against them, it doesn't hurt them like a water attack. The incident was the Sandshrew on top of the water pillar after completing a mini-game in Pokmon Stadium.

IceKitten
March 12th, 2004, 12:55 PM
''Squirtle threw Charmander in the bath!''

''It's Super Effective!''

:P :P :P

Pokemaster10000
March 12th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Nintendo Power once offered the answer that since the water isn't being used forcefully against them, it doesn't hurt them like a water attack. The incident was the Sandshrew on top of the water pillar after completing a mini-game in Pokmon Stadium.

Yeah but does it still hurt them even if it's not used forcefully. There was one episode when some Sandslash was digging on the land to make a pool and when the water came, they started running.

*throws Tig into water* It's dangerously effective. Critical Hit! :P

Kairi
March 12th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Yes but a bath is not forcefully. ^_^; Forcefully is a good way to put what does affect it though.

IceKitten
March 12th, 2004, 02:05 PM
*throws Tig into water* It's dangerously effective. Critical Hit! :P
That can't be very effective because I'm Water type:P

Because when I get a bath I don't get out for ages =/

Moonlit_Angel
March 17th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Of course Pokemon take baths! Depends on the Pokemon they are, though. In the wild, they'd take a bath in a lake, or a pond, or wait for the rain, or even... a puddle? Maybe a river is the best.
Like, a tiny Murkrow taking one in a puddle (Like a crow) or a.... um, Furret in the shallow mark of a pond. I believe Pokemon are very similar to animals.

Latios Master
March 17th, 2004, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure if Pokemon take baths, but they probably wash themselves like a cat. They probably wash off by playing in the water too.

jynx
March 18th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Do you think pokemon take baths? I was just wonthering.
I saw Ash bathing Pikachu in the episode VS Blaine!
I also saw Jynx in a bath tub in the ending song of Pikachu's Vaccation

So, what's the point to have all these of they don't take baths?

Cassie-chan
March 18th, 2004, 04:26 PM
(I posted this before but it was deleted)

In the epsode where ash got charmander, charmander was gonna die from the rain. If he was gonna die from rain, then what would happen in a lake?

icer
March 19th, 2004, 03:17 AM
The worst which can happen to a Pokemon in the bath by accident is a SPLASH.
Which of course, has No Effect! :)

Maybe Charmander keeps the end of his tail sticking out of the bath....

Legendary_Pokegirl
March 19th, 2004, 08:24 AM
I think Pokemon can take baths. If they can go swimming and stuff.......

Chairman Kaga
March 19th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Charmander is different than other fire/rock/ground type pokemon...if his flame goes out, he dies. That's a weakness that other water-weak pokemon don't have. I would say that fire/rock/ground pokemon, like elephants, bathe in dust. Ground pokemon really don't ever need baths anyway, they're made entirely out of dirt. I think that water, when not being propelled forcefully, may cause disconfort to fire/rock pokemon, but it can't harm them.

Pluslechu
April 5th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Made of dirt 0.o;; Sandshrew doesn't look like dirt... *pets sandshrew and it crumbles* Uh...

BabyCharmander
April 5th, 2004, 03:43 PM
I have a theory that the Chars will "bathe" themselves in fire, burning off any dirty things on them. Once they finish "bathing" themselves, they simply shake any ashes off.

Bluejay390
April 7th, 2004, 01:40 PM
That's cool. "Bathing" themsevles in fire. Nice theory.

Geometric-sama
April 7th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Sounds perfect, too XD. Hm. *holds Charmander over a bathtub* Want a bath, Char? *Char does a Flamethrower* Aargh! *JA drops Charmander* Oh sorry...

fudge01
April 7th, 2004, 04:28 PM
welll on one episode they was at the charizrd raising place and charizard was in the water for like a day! and he didnt get hurt

Geometric-sama
April 7th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Actually, it kinda seemed like he was a bit weaker... at least he kept his tail up XD

bna_li
April 7th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Thats a pretty cool theory. Bathing in FIRE... Like ****...:|

Iveechan
April 9th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Chinchillas and some birds take dust baths. I imagine the same for Pokemon who are either weak to water or who don't live near a water source. Nearly every animal has a way of cleansing itself, even marine animals have remoras which eat off dead skin and food particles (obvious Pokemon example being Remoraid and Mantine). Social Pokemon like Mankey may preen eachother like real monkeys.

Dragon tamer
April 10th, 2004, 09:21 AM
not all pokemon take baths that is my ansewr

Battery Cat
April 11th, 2004, 04:04 AM
I remember an episode of Ash washing Onix For Brock when Brock was sick.

Sankari
November 23rd, 2004, 07:22 PM
True. Very true. The theory of Onix and Charizard getting touched by water and not minding is sort of strange. For example, the one episode where Meowth was fighting Brock's Onix for Togipi, Meowth splashed a measly bucket of water on the Onix, and it fell down defeated! That sort of confuses me, so I think Kairi's prediction is correct...

Murpheos
November 24th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Remember the episode where Ash's Pokemon were stranded on the Giant Pokemon Island? at the end, they all end up falling into the lake, outside of there pokeballs. my point is, what happened to charmander then?

espeon and umbreon
November 24th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Spon11, please don't revive the old post.

Anyway I think some pokemons take bath. Some like Onix which they are made out of Minerals, don't bath. But I remember in the pe that Ash and Misty had to bath Onix.

Composer of Requiems
November 24th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Wasn't there this trainer in R/S who said she bathed with her Pokemon daily?

Sankari
November 25th, 2004, 06:22 AM
You mean Flannery? I think...sorry, I didn't know this was an old post...

dumbthingy
November 25th, 2004, 08:00 AM
I think yes, except poison ones like Muk (they avoid baths like hell, of course)... Yes, and it is not used as an attack (= forcefully), it doesn't hurt them.

Sankari
November 25th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I think this pretty much concludes this thread. Yes, pokemon take baths, not ones that are nasty and don't want to though. I bet Meowth just licks itself and doesn't take a bath. Wait a minute, no...Snow Way Out, he was in that hot spring. In any case, he was freezing and he wanted to be warm nontheless, so he went in the water. I'd still expect him evading water as much as possible.
Also, that Soodowoodo one where James tried to water the soodowoodo but it ran away because it was a rock type! Alright, this is not concluded.
*head throbs*
Ouch...too much thinking for me...

~Mushoo-ow!-kies...

Kiri
November 28th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Remember Pikachu's Vacation? The voice over said: Its a good thing electric pokemon can swim. What about the steels?

jynx
November 28th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Remember Pikachu's Vacation? The voice over said: Its a good thing electric pokemon can swim. What about the steels?
They'll sink.

Rocks too, apart from those with water

Elite Four Lance
December 13th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Well it depends on what Pokemon it is probaly. But I think Pokemon take baths.

Spike Razzor
December 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
In Sapphire, it says that Phanpy sprays water on themselves playfully, meaning they must take baths.

Dark Dragonite
December 13th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Pokemon problely take baths in rivers.Oh they are so clean so if they don't take baths then i don't know.

The Fallen
December 13th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I think so,like when they go in ponds and stuff.Not sure though lol.Wow this is old,isn't there a rule don't revive old threads,im pretty sure.

Mr Cat Dog
December 14th, 2004, 12:01 AM
If it was som sort of firey golem, like Magmar or Magcargo, then I think they would mind the water going all over them and putting out their fires. Any other Pokemon... and I don't think they'd mind too much - even rock and ground Pokemon. ^_^ Just my two pennies (I'm not saying cents)

IceKitten
December 14th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Roselia takes a baths, she uses Herbal Essences! XD

http://67.18.37.17/1570/93/emo/bounce.gif

Mr Cat Dog
December 14th, 2004, 08:00 AM
I wonder if the Roselia has an orgasm as well as the women on the adverts XD

IceKitten
December 14th, 2004, 08:03 AM
ROFL! Xd

No, she has two, like the woman on the adverts http://67.18.37.17/1570/93/emo/bounce.gif

Mr Cat Dog
December 14th, 2004, 08:06 AM
That's only if she's using the conditioner. XD

Also, I should really close this seeing as the last post (before SPon11's) was in April time. If anyone wants to talk about Pokemon orgasms and shampoo or baths or whatever... just start a new thread. If it's about orgasms... it would be better suited in the T-Dome ^_^

Case closed