PDA

View Full Version : Switching Event [Read this if you are going to join in!]

Kayleigh
March 11th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Switching Event .::Credit goes to Dakota and Miyu-chan for the idea::.

Starting this weekend at 5:00 AM EST Saturday until 12:00 PM EST on Sunday we will be holding the Switching Event, or like Haruka called it, 'Freaky Saturday'. What you do is switch accounts for a day with another member that you trust. Make sure to change your password before you perform the switch. Afterwards you may change it back to what it originally was. As soon as the event is over, we'll all try to guess who switched with who, so make sure not to tell anyone else!

If you are leaving for the night, perform your switch before you get off so the member won't have to wait for hours.

Please give back the username to the owner no later than 6:00 PM EST Sunday. 12:00PM on Sunday, this event will end.

Rules:

No switching with a staff member. Only staff members may switch with one another.
Please do not use account to break the rules.
Please do not change username's profile/signature/avatar/email/or password.
Please play nice.
EXCHANGE ALL INFORMATION WITH YOUR PARTNER BY PM, PLEASE. You don't want to spoil the fun by announcing who you will be switched with, will you? ^_^

Latios Master
March 11th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Bleh, already? I know who I'm switching with but I can't yet. Will there be more switching events?

Haruka
March 11th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Wait.... >_<... darn... you didn't use offical infomation, unless it changed... hmmm.

22sa
March 11th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Cool, Kayleigh.

Since Carol is gone, though.... I don't have anyone to switch with anymore. ^_^ *:P*

Kayleigh
March 11th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Really? o_o; Ack, but I copied down all of the information that you entered. I just added a few comments. Did it mess anything up?

John Denver
March 11th, 2004, 07:23 PM
this seems vaguely familiar...

OH I KNOW WHY!!!

cause your stealing me and miyu-chan's idea...well go right ahead, I'll switch with Kwesi and make the new avatar red hot pink with fluffy bunnies and cute lil panzy flowers...howdya like DEM apples eh?

Today is the first day of the rest of your BOO ya!

Haruka
March 11th, 2004, 07:30 PM
uh... sorry for the ... messup... okay...

Wait... Darn! I forgot to credit people... :-/

22sa
March 11th, 2004, 07:43 PM
this seems vaguely familiar...

OH I KNOW WHY!!!

cause your stealing me and miyu-chan's idea...well go right ahead, I'll switch with Kwesi and make the new avatar red hot pink with fluffy bunnies and cute lil panzy flowers...howdya like DEM apples eh?

Today is the first day of the rest of your BOO ya!
Do you know if she'll be on by the time this starts..?

Flaming Torchic
March 11th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Hmm...why reveal if you are going to switch? Doesn't that ruin the game a bit? Like if you say you are signing up, then people will know that the person who is on your account between that time is not you, which takes out one fun part of the game.

I am not going to be participating in this, but I just thought I'd point that out.

Latios Master
March 11th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Hmm...why reveal if you are going to switch? Doesn't that ruin the game a bit? Like if you say you are signing up, then people will know that the person who is on your account between that time is not you, which takes out one fun part of the game.

I am not going to be participating in this, but I just thought I'd point that out.
If you read the first post carefully, it says not to tell who you are switching with. You pm the person you switch with.

Flaming Torchic
March 11th, 2004, 08:55 PM
If you read the first post carefully, it says not to tell who you are switching with. You pm the person you switch with.

I am aware, but what I mean is why say you are going to switch at all? If they don't know if you are going to switch or not it makes it even more fun. So is read the post carefully. :P

Junichi
March 11th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Im in! And I know who im switchin with.

Flaming Torchic
March 11th, 2004, 09:32 PM
It's kinda obvious who you are switching with Junichi xD You should have just not said you were so peopole wouldn't know right away :P

Junichi
March 11th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Im NOT switching with my wife btw.

Celestial Storm
March 11th, 2004, 09:57 PM
This idea look cool, I am in! ^_^
(being someone is really hard =P)

Cassie-chan
March 11th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I'm in!!! I've already canged the password! I need someone to swich with though.

Sorye HK
March 11th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Hey, I'm in. And wasn't there another thread with the sign-up
thing somewhere in this section of the forum?

PGN
March 12th, 2004, 04:05 AM
hmm... okay... i'm in i guess...

John Denver
March 12th, 2004, 04:31 AM
I don't think i'll be in...unless someone asks me...

BUt I aint gonna go out looking

I started a channel free BOO ya!

Kayleigh
March 12th, 2004, 07:06 AM
OH I KNOW WHY!!!

Today is the first day of the rest of your BOO ya!Oh, I'm sorry Dakota. I forgot to include credits. ._. My mom was hurrying me off of the computer because it was late and my typing was keeping her awake, so I couldn't include everything that I wanted. I edited the post, though.

That would be good, I was just thinking that if we made a list then it would keep it more organized when we're guessing, so tons of people won't just post 'Guess who I am' or something. We could go down a list... But, doesn't matter to me! ^_^;

Also, Kairi mentioned de-modding me for the day, so that I could switch with normal members. =D What do you think?

Flaming Torchic
March 12th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Alright, I guess you do have a point, but if it were me then I would try and make sure they didn't even know I switched.

And you are gonna be de-modded for the day eh? That is good, because you don't want normal members to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Kayleigh
March 12th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Yeah! ^_^ And I like your idea, though. I guess we could get other people's opinions on it.

Flaming Torchic
March 12th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Hmm...maybe you could make like a tally to see how other people would prefer it, then whichever one is the most preferred then you do it that way?

Kayleigh
March 12th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Well, I've thought about it for a while, and I think you're right. It'd kinda spoil the fun if we know who will be switching. XP

Arcanine
March 12th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Ok every one stop saying you're in, your going to switch. It takes the fun out of guessing if you are going to switch or not.

Kayleigh
March 12th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I changed that rule. ^_^ So like Arcanine said, no more saying whether or not you'll be switching.

Haruka
March 12th, 2004, 01:07 PM
YES... so please ask the member by PM...

If you staff and you switch staff, moderator positions won't change... or a possibility it will, but anyway... >_>

Arcanine
March 12th, 2004, 01:18 PM
If you staff and you switch staff, moderator positions won't change... or a possibility it will, but anyway... >_>XD Hey that's a good one Alyssa, "they won't change but they will change". XD

100marios
March 12th, 2004, 01:21 PM
XD Hey that's a good one Alyssa, "they won't change but they will change". XD
What an excellent concept hehe......

Haruka
March 12th, 2004, 01:31 PM
LOL... it's a theory...

I downloaded my PMs and deleted all my PMs and Tracking. >_>

100marios
March 12th, 2004, 01:36 PM
LOL... it's a theory...

I downloaded my PMs and deleted all my PMs and Tracking. >_>
.....uh, eh? Um....what does that mean? Is that even on the subject?
Oh the confusion hehe....

Haruka
March 12th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Yes it is... I don't want the person to see my >_<... messages that I sposed to read. >_>

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
March 12th, 2004, 01:48 PM
i wish i wasn't staff now. Well,if your staff and want to switch PM me

100marios
March 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Yes it is... I don't want the person to see my >_<... messages that I sposed to read. >_>
..............oh, good point!
I never once thought of that...
Whoops! Hehe....

Haruka
March 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM
LOL.... I downloaded them xml so I can refer to them later. ^_^

Arcanine
March 12th, 2004, 02:19 PM
.....uh, eh? Um....what does that mean? Is that even on the subject?
Oh the confusion hehe....
What that means Jordan is Alyssa is up to something and is going to switch with some one.

Haruka
March 12th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yup... and I'm not telling... =P

I hope you figure out soon, Andrew... ^_^

Kayleigh
March 12th, 2004, 05:47 PM
But one question... Are normal moderators allowed to switch with Super Moderators? O_o;

Kairi
March 12th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I think if the two people really trust each other, rank wouldn't matter. =\ Of course it's easy to abuse, for sure. Guess it's up the the mod and smod how comfortable they are?

Haruka
March 12th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Yes, possibally...

Signing up privately will end at 10:00 PM EST.

100marios
March 12th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Yes, possibally...

Signing up privately will end at 10:00 PM EST.
You mean 10....today?
As in just a few minutes?
Oh boy.....hehe....

Haruka
March 12th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Yep, it will... It will begin late at 11:00 PM EST so other people around the world can experience the event.

HIM
March 12th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Eeeee. I wanna switch. Burh, there's no one. Grrr, no one ever talks to me unless they are making fun of me or if I broke a rule. Stupid me. It's all my fault. Why can't I be cool.