PDA

View Full Version : .::;doujin Club!!;::.

manga-ka
December 22nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
Hi everyone~!

This is the offical doujin club.
Saying "whats a doujin?".Well,Doujins are fan-made manga,games,pictures,
and about anything.That is made by the fans.Sprite comics dont count.
They aren't the fans property since all they did was edit sprites.( + there
stupid too.:P )

And Heres a theard where we can chat about are favorite doujins.

AND do a group doujin project.Where each member makes a manga doujin we comply into a zip file and give it out.Also we can just post doujins.Also we
can make a oeeki chain story thingy.(you know those things on pokesho.com?)

These don't have to be pokemon related.BUT I am the one telling the topic
were talking about.

HOW TO JOIN:

Must enjoy doujins.........
Must be an active poster.......
must Talk about doujins .........
Or draw the oeeki chain story.....

RULES:
BASIC RULES:
1. If you join, try staying loyal to the club. Don't post once and just stay inactive.
2. Respect everyone here. Everyone has different opinions about different mangas. Live with it, and do not flame.
3. Do NOT bring up Shipping wars here. No fighting about this, if you have to, take this to the Shipping Debate Thread in the Manga sections. You CAN talk about shippings here though. Just no wars.
4. Have fun, or leave. D=
ADVANCED RULES:
1. You must try to contribute to any event occuring at this club.
2. You must appreciate the effort others put in.
3. An attempt at drawing would be good, so try that once in a while.
Rules made by Supreme Edgeboy Max. Follow them, or you will be banned out of the club.

Ranks/members:

Owner/head of doujin group: Manga-ka (me)

co-owner/co-head of doujin group:Supreme Edgeboy Max

Members:
Supreme Edgeboy Max
Crystal Clair
BlastoiseB.B.
Yamato-san
Grimsg

Hope you join^^

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 22nd, 2005, 07:46 AM
Bweh.. nobody'll join if you put in that "Must draw doujins with us...". Anyway, I'm joining 'cause I'm a fan of doujins. So there.

*brick'd*

manga-ka
December 22nd, 2005, 08:02 AM
Ok , I put must "talk about doujins: to join.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 22nd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Peh.. not too shabby set of rules. Make me the co-owner, and I'll get you a professional set of them. *evil negotiator smile* >D

Crystal Clair
December 22nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
Also we
can make a oeeki chain story thingy.(you know those things on pokesho.com?)

Eeeeee! Pokesho! I love Pokesho!
I'll join since I love these things
I also love Soara. Soara's my most favorite artist in the entire galaxy.
Wow, so that's a chain story Soara and those others do. Well since I'm the biggest Pokesho wannabe on this site, I'd
LOOOOVEEE
to do a chain story
Sorry, I'm a little too hyper. It's just that art and doujin is the love

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 22nd, 2005, 08:41 AM
*twitches* Eh.. welcome to the club Crystal Clair! =P Have fun, enjoy, and DON'T FOLLOW RULES UNTIL I SAY SO!

*gets brick'd, french horn'd, bubbl'd and chew'd*

manga-ka
December 22nd, 2005, 09:09 AM
*twitches* Eh.. welcome to the club Crystal Clair! =P Have fun, enjoy, and DON'T FOLLOW RULES UNTIL I SAY SO!

*gets brick'd, french horn'd, bubbl'd and chew'd*
HEY WHO MADE YOU IN CHARGE!? J/K You can be "co-owner."

And the entire point of this club is to DRAW and talk about doujins.

Lets wait until we get more members before we do a chain story.k?

Oh and I note I was the one who bricked you :P

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 22nd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Yup. I got brick'd by you. Now for a set of rules for you. Put this in exactly:

BASIC RULES:
1. If you join, try staying loyal to the club. Don't post once and just stay inactive.
2. Respect everyone here. Everyone has different opinions about different mangas. Live with it, and do not flame.
3. Do NOT bring up Shipping wars here. No fighting about this, if you have to, take this to the Shipping Debate Thread in the Manga sections. You CAN talk about shippings here though. Just no wars.
ADVANCED RULES:
Rules made by Supreme Edgeboy Max. Follow them, or you will be banned out of the club.

MAR Heaven
December 22nd, 2005, 09:48 AM
Hey Ill join Doujins are ok well I guess but anyways ill join :D

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 22nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the club then. I'll call you Naruto.. 'cause you have him in your signature a couple o' times. Enjoy.

MAR Heaven
December 22nd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks and ill just call you edgeboy XD

manga-ka
December 22nd, 2005, 01:42 PM
Hello naruto~!Welcome to the club.
And I am drawing a 4-koma doujin right now.I just got to scan it and putt
screen tones.

Yamato-san
December 22nd, 2005, 03:42 PM
俺が入ってくるぜ。絵に…あまり描かない。けど、同人誌が好き、そして日本語にちょっと知って。MANGA-KAさんさて置いて、多分俺が君達に大事な仲間だ。実は、ポケ書の色々な同人誌もう訳したんだよ、とくにサーナイトエクスリエンス。だがもう知るじゃないね。

I'll join. I don't... draw very much. However, I like doujinshi, and I know some Japanese. Manga-ka-san aside, I'll probably prove to be a valuable comrade to all of you. For that matter, I already translated various doujin from Pokesho, particularly Sirnight Experience. But you already know this, right?

Actually, I intend to get started on my own doujinshi project one of these days. See the fic in my sig? The one beneath the Pokesho translation link. That's what I intend to make a doujinshi out of. For now, I'm trying to get comments on how my storyline and such can be improved (though, I have been pretty slow with typing it up). I'm also waiting until I know enough Japanese to properly write a story, because from the start, I wanted to make Japanese be the manga's original language. Call me a Japanophile if you must, but I'd really like to put my language skills to good use, plus I have a lot of respect for Japan, the country where almost all of my favorite entertainment mediums derive from. So much respect that I'd want to be involved in making one of such mediums myself, right down to the fact that it's originally available in the Japanese language, originally suited towards a Japanese audience, with jokes, wordplays, and references that can only work in Japanese culture (an English version would be available, of course, just not with that affect of being the original language. Even with my fic right now, I write it like a transliteration based on what I know is and isn't compatible between the two languages).

Ironically, in spite of that, I don't have any intention of publishing it in Japan to sell for profit at a doujinshi convention. Rather, I intend to post it on the internet for everyone to see (though, I could get it published as an alternative.... some people just enjoy reading in paperback, afterall). Anyway, as soon as I perfect my script and storyboard as best as I could, and feel I learned enough of the language, I'll probably recruit some artist (maybe even hire one.... though, this being a hobby, I couldn't spend too much), or I may try to practice drawing manga myself sooner or later. Whatcha all think? Sound like I got everything nicely planned out, or what?

.Socks
December 22nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Yup. I got brick'd by you. Now for a set of rules for you. Put this in exactly:

BASIC RULES:
ADVANCED RULES:

Bor to a leader, I assume? XD lol, I can't join, I don't know what doujin is.....I'll see you guys around somewhere then...bye..lol

Grimsg
December 22nd, 2005, 04:44 PM
Woo! I'll join!

I draw stuff too: http://bpanthersg.deviantart.com/

I guess someone could write and I could draw stuff... : P

Grimsg

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 22nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
Welcome all, and Manga-ka, you still have to put up the rules. =P *cough* Born to be a leader? You've gotta be kidding me. Anyway...

Would all the manga on Pokesho be considered as doujins? And aren't there any other sites like Pokesho for doujins like these?

Grimsg
December 23rd, 2005, 01:37 AM
It's very hard to find fan-comics these days, even Eng ones. I guess we only have Pokesho ones.. : \

That's why.. *we draw our own!!* XD

Grimsg

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 23rd, 2005, 05:52 AM
Meh.. too hard, and some of us are too lazy. But no harm in attempting is there? =3

manga-ka
December 25th, 2005, 07:52 AM
HOLY CRAP..........!! Our thread almost died>__<

Any way heres a doujin page I did......

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26830617/

Its charaters are all chibi....

Now lets Talk about doujins we read!

Has anyone read any "GAMBLER CLUB" doujins?

Yamato-san
December 25th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Gambler Club? Wait.... isn't that.... [cough].... H?

manga-ka
December 25th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Ya....*cough*

Forget what I said .........0-O

Any way wasn't it the doujin group with that guy who got in jail.....
For his Brock's Dairy doujin?

"So do you think makeing and selling doujins is safe now?"

Is are new topic.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 25th, 2005, 10:06 PM
O.o;; What are you two on about? PM me the link to Gambler Club please, I want to see, if one of you have the link or something.

OOhh.. nice doujin manga-ka, um, mind if I call you Rie like your Deviant username is? Nice chibi'd people, I like that one where Green (or I think that's Green) is eating the computer RAM. XD 8/10.

*tries reading Japanese text randomly* ..tenke..n.. *dies* I'm a failure at reading Japanese.

manga-ka
December 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Uhh......Call me Riki,One of my asstaints forced me too include there name........>__<

And its not RAM,Its cut off.Its supposed to be Raman. .__."
In my doujin Green likes Raman.......ALOT.

Yamato-san
December 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
*tries reading Japanese text randomly* ..tenke..n.. *dies* I'm a failure at reading Japanese.

I think it says "tenkebukan".... at least, I think the second to last one is a "ka", hard to tell. In any case, I don't know what the hell that means. Oh, and Manga-ka, you mispelled "Poketto Monsutaa".... the way you have it written looks like "Hoke****o Monsutaa".

BTW, I recommended a friend of mine to your manga company. You meet her yet? Here's (http://kura-ewe.deviantart.com/) her site. And, just wondering.... I'm not good at reading kanji in names, but is your full name "Kisumoto Riki"?

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 27th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Tenkebukan? Wow, I was close. *feels proud for being able to read at least some of it* It was .. hiragana with those letters I didn't know, wasn't it? =P Meh, I can't read kanji, don't ask me ya'll.

Um, it DOES look like RAM, a computer card thing with the wires. Ramen is like .. you should have put in chopsticks or something.

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
December 27th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Well, I'll join! I recently wrote a Galaxy Angel Doujin. It didn't come out very good, though...

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 27th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Galaxy Angels! =3 Welcome to the club Hikaru, I hope you have fun here. ^o^ Why don't you show us your doujin?

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
December 27th, 2005, 06:39 AM
I was thinking abot re-doing it, and makng it better. Mint didn't come out very good in it anyways. I'll put it up when I'm done re-doing it.

I have other ones posted in contests and misc places online. I don' t even know where most of them are anymore. ^__^"

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 27th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Be sure to, we all here want to see. =3
Don't you have them saved on your computer somewhere?

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
December 27th, 2005, 07:06 AM
I don't know. Most of them were really bad... but in one contest I did win with a Sailor Moon doujin. .__."

manga-ka
December 27th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Tenkebukan? Wow, I was close. *feels proud for being able to read at least some of it* It was .. hiragana with those letters I didn't know, wasn't it? =P Meh, I can't read kanji, don't ask me ya'll.

Um, it DOES look like RAM, a computer card thing with the wires. Ramen is like .. you should have put in chopsticks or something.
Well chopsticks are there.......My scanner srewed it up.>__<

Alctully,My name is Matomura Riki.I had to crop down the Image...So it could
be posted.And also,thats the reson the "po" has no little cicle..>__<(sorry for the mistakes,It was my scanners fault.)
And the last thingy is an "N" so it spells Tenkebukan,meaning a manga/doujin voulme.
And I would love to see your doujin hikaru-chan!

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 28th, 2005, 12:06 AM
>_< Hikaru-chan, Haruka-chan is someone else.
Ah well, Green eating RAM does look funny y'know. Its a good mistake that way. Don't worry about your scanner, just increase the scan resolution next time and it'll work fine.

manga-ka
December 28th, 2005, 08:26 AM
ughh....sorry for the name mistake.It seems as though I am at a mistake stage in my life ...0__.

Thanks,...I guess ^_^"And I'll try to fix the reselotion.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 28th, 2005, 08:50 AM
=P Don't worry, just stare at people's usernames for a long time and you'll get it.
Are you going to work on this doujin, or was that cover just a practice?

manga-ka
December 28th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Yes I will work on the doujin!Just need some time to think of a funny gag.
UHgg...!! I really need a vacation,So I can Draw.Hope fully expect a new page in 2 or 3 yea--I mean days.....^_^".

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 29th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Nah, 2-3 years is perfect time to wait. Yumi Tsukirino would take one month to finish up with one volume of PiPiPi.
Y'know, since PiPiPi is SO DIFFERENT from the other Pokemon mangas, I guess we can call it a doujin, can't we?
Don't tell me none of you have read PiPiPi..

manga-ka
December 29th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Ya we can call it a doujin.I have read it too.I mean its toneing is kinda like most doujin-kas.Since the art is mainly chibi it can't take that long.;/

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 29th, 2005, 09:56 AM
It isn't really always chibi, its quite well detailed sometimes. =P So there.

manga-ka
December 29th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Well there are MORE chibis then most pokemon mangas.
So there!

I am starting a manga company....Do,you think capcom,nintendo,ETC
will allow me to make an offical manga if I give them half the profit?

Supreme Edgeboy Max
December 30th, 2005, 04:35 AM
=P Its like that.. ah well.
NO! No way should you start a manga company like that. See, a lot of people have attempted to work with Nintendo and other companies giving them half the profit, but they usually ALWAYS decline.
You should just get PERMISSION to make mangas from them, then get a proper company to publish your mangas.

POKEMON AND MEGAMAN! NINTENDO AND CAPCOM! WHEE! =3

manga-ka
December 30th, 2005, 08:54 AM
No no.I didn't work FOR them and they relese the manga.I meant ask them the rights to publish it.My company is webbased so it wouldn't be a big problem ;/ Just have to advertize.Probelly I'll ask when my company becomes as big as weekly jump.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 1st, 2006, 11:06 PM
^^;; You're dreaming aren't you? Yeah well, you'll just need permission from them.

manga-ka
January 2nd, 2006, 09:43 AM
Yes I am.But I got a good programmer.All I need is good advertizers to advertize in japan and english speaking contrys,Plus the Internet.
Since there are TONS of people wjo don't have space for manga in there home,Or don't to pay shipping costs.And There are some places that don't sell
manga at all ( In the US).

I Know I am getting ahead of my self..........

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 2nd, 2006, 11:58 PM
Yup you are. ^^;; Y'know, just start small and go on as things develop. It'll be easier that way.

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
January 5th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Hee hee. A new way to adverise my doujin. Make an avatar out of it. ^ ^ Who knew it was so easy~! It is on Neopets, but I haven't done it in a while... Oh well. I'll eventually put up the link to it.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 6th, 2006, 01:22 AM
^_^ Avatar .. let me guess. The one you have now is someone from it? *very random guess* Well, speaking of doujins .. I'm not sure if this is to count ..

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3522/exe8wallpaper19mg.jpg This link will take you to the wallpaper I made. It has a few characters from my story, colored and done very awesomely. Well, animelike to be exact. But well .. you decide what you'll say about it.

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
January 6th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Right-o. It's actually supposed to be me, Sasha.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 7th, 2006, 02:59 AM
^__^ Thought so .. erm, but the eye expressions in it are .. weird but cute.

Well um, what do you think about my characters?

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
January 7th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Um... Thanks, I guess.
I really like your characters, because they look so original and like one of a kind. I'll bet you put a lot of thought into those characters, while I just use myself in the comics. ^^ I'm so lame.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 11th, 2006, 09:08 AM
^_^ Yeah, I did put a lot of thought in them .. you don't know how much. Well, using oneself as a character isn't a bad thing. I remember writing my own Pokemon journey in Silver version as a fanfic LONG ago.

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
January 12th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I wrote an Azumanga Daioh doujin. It's totally random, and I may as well be the only one that thinks that it's funny...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/Animespaz_/azcomic.jpg

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 13th, 2006, 11:12 PM
o.o;; No, sorry.. I don't get it. Maybe its 'cause I wasn't able to read much of the text, and the english one was um.. didn't make sense either.

Cookie luvs Green
January 13th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Hello, can I join? =3 Even though I read very little doujins, I love reading them x3 Sadly, most I read are actually yaoi XD;; *shot'd* I always like looking at other people's work though. :3 'Specially comics.

I made a few Pokespecial doujins but they're mostly Green related and old |D;; I'll make a few new ones soon if I can...

Sorry if I'm not going to be active, I'm a busy person, but I will try to post as much as I can :3;;

Sasha-- I think I remember reading a comic of yours in Neopets :3 I think it's quite loong ago, but I remember that I loved it alot! >ww<
I understood your comic here xD I think it's funny xD You have such a unique style! I love the simple shading in the comic too :3~Purr

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 14th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Eh, welcome. =3 You don't need to be hyperactive you know. Eh, yeah. Excuse the pun and you'll get what I mean.

Um, if you understood that, can you please explain what it means? ._.

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
January 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Hello, can I join? =3 Even though I read very little doujins, I love reading them x3 Sadly, most I read are actually yaoi XD;; *shot'd* I always like looking at other people's work though. :3 'Specially comics.

I made a few Pokespecial doujins but they're mostly Green related and old |D;; I'll make a few new ones soon if I can...

Sorry if I'm not going to be active, I'm a busy person, but I will try to post as much as I can :3;;

Sasha-- I think I remember reading a comic of yours in Neopets :3 I think it's quite loong ago, but I remember that I loved it alot! >ww<
I understood your comic here xD I think it's funny xD You have such a unique style! I love the simple shading
in the comic too :3~Purr

Thank you for the compliment, and welcome to the club. I guess you have to watch Azumanga Daioh to get it... O__o"

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 16th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Meh well .. what IS Azumanga Daioh? Meh, I've just heard of it now. ^^;;

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu
January 16th, 2006, 07:11 AM
An anime series. Also a manga series. It's a series of four panel comics that goes through 4 years of school with characters. Kind of like a slice of life story.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
February 20th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Well, it sounds kind of boring .. I've never had much interest in life-stories.

*bump*

Yamato-san
February 21st, 2006, 11:17 AM
hey, I heard somewhere that most manga are printed within 272x180mm boundaries, with some margin size I forget... does anyone have an idea how many pixels this would be on the computer?

Supreme Edgeboy Max
February 21st, 2006, 11:43 PM
That would be .. 1417x2142 pixels. ^_^ I rule.