View Full Version : The Graphics Lounge

December 23rd, 2005, 5:07 PM
Well, considering there's a Spriters Lounge, and all that stuff, I figured this might be a good idea. Just talk about any upcoming projects, current projects, banners, anything, really. Oh, and please don't unstick this if it's already stickied, Amelia. Thanks ^^

December 23rd, 2005, 5:09 PM
STUCK, great thread idea =)

December 23rd, 2005, 5:13 PM
^^ thanks, Amelia :3 So... xD

December 28th, 2005, 3:11 PM
*Cough* *Revives*

I must say, PC certainly does not have a very large graphics fandom. =/ Anyway, I am currently planning a banner that should be totally awesome, though I have yet to come up with inspiration for the render, which I have been contemplating over all day, with no luck. -__-

December 28th, 2005, 3:46 PM
It's best not to look for inspiration... go for a walk, go on a date, go shopping, do whatever... you'll find something. But you'll never really get inspired if you're looking for motivation, looking for a reason. Good luck with your banner ^^

December 28th, 2005, 8:59 PM
Well, I have finally finished something that I would certainly not call amazing. >>; I'll post it up tomorrow anyway though; however, now it is time for me to get some sleep. 'Night.

December 28th, 2005, 9:02 PM
That other one you did was really good.. the one that started off with red text and a green body? XD... that was really **** good, you should try to do more of those. In fact, show that one to me now! I wanna see it! XD

December 29th, 2005, 8:00 AM
Do you mean this?

If this isn't what you're talking about, then you've got the wrong guy. XD Anyway, I have no idea what happened to the edited version with the forest green text. ;;

December 29th, 2005, 8:23 AM
I'm pretty much a beginner, just trying to learn some different techs at the moment XD

This is my latest:

Blah, I'm just testing out blending options and background really, got some new fonts thanks to that thread you made Sawyer ^_^

December 29th, 2005, 11:59 AM
aye... great typography there, Bay.. I'm in love with that banner <3

Ookami, that is WAY better than my first few xD so good job.. just, I suggest NEVER using scanlines again. xD they just make banners look tacky, try adding dutch swirls to anime banners, they look really good. Especially with orange and green =D

December 29th, 2005, 12:05 PM
oooh looky at my brushing xD my new theme....
thanks fr the visitor font xP

December 29th, 2005, 12:16 PM
no problem... I got tired of formatting my own pixel text, so I decided to just do this one... oh, and make sure the font type is set to None, rather than Smooth, Strong, Sharp, etc.

December 29th, 2005, 1:03 PM
Okay Sawyer, though my effect's pool is quite shallow XD

December 29th, 2005, 3:05 PM
xD I noticed... oh, and... I like the flurry effect, Munna.

January 2nd, 2006, 6:28 PM
Please excuse the double post... I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this matter. Actually, 2 things... Do you guys think I should make a Graphics Academy 3? And... I was wondering if we could either have a tutorials thread or a Tutorials sub-sub-forum?

January 6th, 2006, 9:15 AM
Tutorials place, yes! That'd be amazing.

January 6th, 2006, 9:36 AM
i think this counts as a tut section ....

January 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Yes, but these are graphic tutorials. Meh, Steve answered my question... if we post enough tuts in the graphics section, they'll make a new subforum for it ^^

January 6th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I'd like to see some Gimp II tuts.

January 11th, 2006, 6:37 PM
I'd like to see either another graphics academy or more tuts for the GIMP. I don't have enough money for photoshop or PSP, so the GIMP is next best.

January 12th, 2006, 7:38 AM
The GIMP isn't next best o_O The GIMP is the next worst, right behind MSPaint. Try Fireworks.

January 12th, 2006, 6:20 PM
Is fireworks cheap or free? I don't think so.

January 12th, 2006, 6:28 PM
It's called bitTorrent! =D

January 12th, 2006, 6:37 PM
Ooohh...Iwas GOING to download that, but my broadband only has 1 gb bandwith.

January 15th, 2006, 12:13 PM
It's called bitTorrent! =D=0 im shocked, really shocked xD
bittorrent rocks xD
i was gonna do your tut AC but i got side tracked thwn lost the link ill try later maybe ... poost more....

January 16th, 2006, 8:35 PM
Hey, any idea where to go to get metallic text put on my near finished banner?

February 19th, 2006, 2:22 AM

Meh.Im Reviving This Thread.
Right Here is my Question.
What Is The Best Imaging Editor To Use To Make Banners And Stuff?
Also What Do You Think Of My Banner?

February 19th, 2006, 9:58 AM
Second question belongs in the Graphic Rating Thread :P First question... I use Photoshop CS, but everyone I know uses CS2.

March 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
I use photoshop cs aswell...havent botherd to get cs2...cs is good enough for me^^

March 20th, 2006, 9:23 AM
Hey Bugsy do you make backrounds or do u get them somewhere.

April 2nd, 2006, 5:50 AM
Hey Bugsy do you make backrounds or do u get them somewhere.
To make a "decent" background on Photoshop, wich is what i use. I would suggest downloading brushes from deviantart.com and then use the brushes on the canvas. But, if you don't have Photoshop i can't answer your question

Haunter Master
April 25th, 2006, 7:59 PM
i have both but something is going wrong with my cs i cant add layers or render anything or anything that i use i cant even use any brushes but my CS2 works fine I also sometimes use GIMP if the mood strikes

EDIT problem fixed it was set to indexed color instead of RGB or is it RBG i dont know but its fixed and now i dont have to worry when my CS2 try out expires

April 27th, 2006, 2:33 AM
just wondering is animations counted as graphics?

and if so are you allowed to post a little violent ones like in Stickdeat .com????

Haunter Master
April 27th, 2006, 1:04 PM
no i dont think animations count and its stickdeath.com and they use flash not just GIF animations i dont know maybe animations count and if they dont a mod will move it to the right place

May 15th, 2006, 8:27 PM
Anything that you see with your eye is a graphic, "Haunter Master."

-:Buro-kun Tsubasa:-
June 4th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Um, where is Forground and Stroke Properties in Paint Shop Pro 9? I'm following a tutorial, and I can't find it!

June 4th, 2006, 2:56 AM
Are you sure it's a Paint Shop Tut and not a photoshop one?

November 23rd, 2006, 11:23 PM
Hey folks, where would I be able to find a tutorial or sumthing for sugimori style drawings?

Haunter Master
November 28th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Hey folks, where would I be able to find a tutorial or sumthing for sugimori style drawings?

Forest Grovyle made one on DA here it is :D
It's hard to do :(

January 29th, 2007, 2:10 PM
hey are there any tuts for using brushes to make a background??

January 30th, 2007, 3:57 PM
I don't know about tutorial's to make a background, but you can certainly search places like www.good-tutorials.com

That's about as much as I can say, but with brushes and backgrounds, it's mostly just 'click, click, click' for a simple background. ^^; That's how I first did my background.

June 10th, 2007, 7:34 PM
Hey I'm new here, but I'm pretty good at graphics. My current sig is from awhile back, not my most recent, and here is the tut I made on how to make it: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57208691/

P.S.- Yes I am DSL[9] (DarkShadowLink9/DarkShadowLink)

August 27th, 2007, 3:14 AM
Well i sometimes make banners so I have come here to show you my latest work ^_^
Btw, the banner is in my sig... also my avatar i made ^_^ same theme... I got the suicune art from one of my pokemon cards (my rarest one to me Exact.. its an EX card XD)

December 21st, 2007, 8:35 AM
does anyone happen to know a place where I can find a FR/LG font? Ive been looking for one forever now and have only got R/S/E fonts.

December 21st, 2007, 9:15 AM
i'm not sure... but i bet if you look on www.dafont.com you will find something similar!

Comic Tragedy
January 2nd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hokay. I was wondering if any of you guys know of a place besides planetrenders.net that has c4d renders?! I mean I know it is really easy to find one but, I am looking for a large and diverce collection.

Meh, maybe I am asking to much. But if you know of a forum, or site that has a extensive collection of C4ds that are worth sharing please help me out and PM me or just reply.

January 2nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
does anyone know where I can find some decent c4ds?

January 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
planetrenders.net is a good place.

Just search 'c4d'. You need an account though.

January 2nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
thanks Xenocrates, I'll try that ^^.

January 2nd, 2008, 2:13 PM
i've downloaded loads of c4d's... about 300.
want me to share them with you?
Actually 488.

January 2nd, 2008, 2:48 PM
sure, please. I need some ^^

January 4th, 2008, 3:43 AM
i've got a question
where can i find good tutorials for banner/signature for the GIMP

also is there anyway to make your avatar a little more cool
don't really have an example at the moment cause the avatar i ahve now is from a shop
but in the theme i made not to long ago(i only made one theme in my whole life i just started with graphic making :P )
but as i was saying in the theme i made not to long ago i just cut out a piece of the banner and used that as avatar but it looke really plain so if anyone got any tips on how to make cool avatars out of you banner or just separated or even if you got a tutorial i would like that too

thanks in advance for anyone who has enough spare time to read all the lines above(yeah i know i should use these . things (forgot the english word for it :P )but i just don't like using them so... :P)

Comic Tragedy
January 4th, 2008, 4:52 AM
Well I know of a place called GIMP Talk. Just search GIMP Talk in google I think you will find it.

January 5th, 2008, 5:14 AM
thanks a lot it really helped
i actually had this site before put i forgot the name so i couldn't go to it anymore :P

February 15th, 2008, 1:03 PM
can someone please fix the images on the first page