• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say you won a million dollars

Who would be the first to hear about your win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
You enter a radio contest giving away $1,000,000, just for the hell of it. Later, you receive a call from the station - you've won the million dollars!

If this was you, who would be the first to hear about it?

And be serious here, think what you'd do before you answer.

Chances are that I'd be sitting in front of the computer at the time, so I'd probably annoy my contact list about it and call family and friends immediately after.

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
My family, and people on PC maybe? o.o;

Well, I wish that'll happen. xD But I'll tell my mom first. xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I...am not quite sure, actually. If I weren't thinking rationally, which would likely be the case, I'd probably post a spazzy "OMFG I WON!!11" post on my Livejournal.

But...that's not the best idea since then people could come and steal all my hard-earned cash. =D; So I'd probably tell my family first and a few close friends, either online or off. And once I'd spent much of it, I'd probably tell the rest of the world or something. XD

Years
Probably my family. They're very close, and I would want them to know that I won some money. I don't need computer time to tell them about it. They'd probably try to steal it though. Then, I'd probably post on my LJ, because I usually post about my life in there XD

Mayl

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 9, 2006
The whole world would know, coz I would have screamed so loud. >_<;; and other than that, my dog, lolz

- KSP

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
My family would be first. My friends may be last due to the fact that they will may stalk me till it's all gone. Or they will make it gone. LJ would be second.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
I would probably tell my folks and my friends, then I would share my money, I give half to my fam so that they can pay and get a big house, and the other half is for me so that I may go to different places with my buds. It would be cool, I've never gone to Disneyworld so i would love to see it...like they say, sharing is caring.

MxLunaMoth

Just a little lullaby
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Most likely I'd be on the computer, but I'd drop what I was doing and tell my family. I don't know if I would want anyone else to know. XD Maybe a few online people after I get over the shock.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
Well...

My imagination:
(I'm sitting at my laptop doing stuff...)
Phone: IZ&@!#*(^(^#*
Me: Hello?
Radio Guy: You've won the $1 000 000!!!!!!!!
Kenny: I have?
Kenny: COOL!!!
(The Earth shakes.)

Well... If I did win, everyone would know because I would probably yell really loudly. XD

Sikono

Sikono Knows All
Years
I would tell my best friend. ^_^ He's the first to hear. Then my parents. xD

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
I would tell my family first, including calling my mom on the phone to tell her, seeing as how I plan on giving about half the money to them, and the rest to various charitites if I ever did win a large sum of money. ^^

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
If I'm next to the radio, or telephone, well, my parents would hear about it first.

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
Years
Proberbly all my friends on MSN (they proberbly wouldn't believe me though O_o)
Since most of my family are out at the times I'm home, and they're never usually in my room XD.

Kurono

Remember?
Years
I totally chose other...

I did that because...well if I won a million dollars I'd be speechless for several hours...then I'd go outside and run around in my boxers yelling to EVERYONE, I just won a million dollars...and I'm serious about that because I'd be totally rich...who cares what you people think?

Yeah...that's what I would do..

Back