PDA

View Full Version : Miss the Pokemon craze?

Leon Scott Kennedy
January 3rd, 2006, 05:07 AM
Do any of you miss when there was the Pokemon craze? I miss it somewhat because I missed out on getting some of the merchandise that I really would have liked. However, I don't miss it because after the craze is over the real fans show and not people who were just following a fad.

Dragonite Tamer
January 3rd, 2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I kind of miss it but you're right, noe the real fans show.

Chibi-chan
January 3rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
I miss it very, very much v_v That was actually something that I could go on and on about and something that I like. Oh well, hopefully another fad like that comes around with the same neat impact.

Neko64
January 3rd, 2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I always hope that the fad will come back someday.

I miss it A LOT ;_______; I never fit in in school now that everybody knows I like Pokemon >.> But then again, I don't really care what they think.

pandama
January 3rd, 2006, 03:15 PM
im crazy for pokemon i just love em XD

kohei
January 3rd, 2006, 05:52 PM
I actually think its a good thing the fad is gone, so it only leaves hardcore fans.

But then, its sad how you can't go down to the playground and fight people playing Pokemon/Pokemon cards there.

jasonresno
January 3rd, 2006, 06:16 PM
I remember a few years back going to the park on a sunny saturday morning and playing pokemon tcg with friends, and trading and just having fun.

now if you're seen with pokemon stuff, people won't ever talk to you again.

The Fallen
January 3rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
I kinda miss it. Everyone playing it and all that other good stuff. Im sure something will come along just like it soon though.

brotlov
January 3rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
mmmm... maybe another Pokemon Craze will start when Diamond/Pearl gets released.

Drew
January 3rd, 2006, 08:48 PM
I agree, I miss it, I miss it alot; but its nice to see who the true fans are now... Though, if it came back, I can't say that I'd mind. ^^;

Samurai X
January 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
I admit it, I kind of miss it but over here the Pokemon RPG games are still cool, everbody loves them just that when they say it they are quick to say that only the games are still cool. I would like another craze but I will forever like Pokemon, at least that's what I think.

H i k a r i
January 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I miss it too...in Australia, the loss of the craze has hit us harder than most countries. because of the dwindling interest pokemon mercxhandise has all but dissapeared, and worst of all, they stopped releasing the movies, whether on VHS or DVD, after the 5th movie....we've never had them since! Its awful :'(

Houndour2005
January 4th, 2006, 01:51 AM
I miss the Pokemon craze much too!

Charaxes
January 4th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I definitely missed the weird niche of merchanising that came with the fad like my stickers and keychains and just plain weird crap. So yeah, I miss it.

Miss it bunches.

Dawg 2005
January 4th, 2006, 11:04 AM
In a way, I actually do. I miss when like, people would rush out for G&S...yeaaah. Those were the days...I miss 'em...

Shenlong
January 4th, 2006, 06:30 PM
The Pokemon anime killed the whole crazed since alot of people are getting sick and tired of it since its too darn predictible.

jynx
January 5th, 2006, 02:47 AM
sometimes I do miss it...

it is so difficult to find Pokemon products now, and people to talk with.

H i k a r i
January 26th, 2006, 05:51 PM
The Pokemon anime killed the whole crazed since alot of people are getting sick and tired of it since its too darn predictible.

Blah, at least you GET the Anime on TV!!! They never show it on regular TV in Australia, you have to get Foxtel and for those who cant afford it, that really sucks >_> I have never seen the Anime on TV except for a couple of video's and DVD's.

Drifblim
January 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
There never was a craze where I live. It was a few months of gathering the cards before descending steadily into the stigma of groups divided by dressing conventions.

H i k a r i
January 26th, 2006, 06:13 PM
There never was a craze where I live. It was a few months of gathering the cards before descending steadily into the stigma of groups divided by dressing conventions....O_o...what on earth is a dressing convention?

dulemaster12
January 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
ya i miss it too. this website is 1 of the the last havens 4 pokemon fans

Sammi
January 27th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Not really. I wasn't into Pokemon during the HUGE craze. It was still popular then, yes, but it wasn't as popular as it was back then, I think.
Besides, I didn't socialize with many fans then. =P

It was nice to hear there were people in my town that liked it though. That's the only thing I really miss, I guess.

Drummershuff
January 27th, 2006, 04:46 AM
No, Not really i'm happy with pokemon at the moment, at least you can buy things with out them being out of stock from every wanting them.

Hamstar
January 27th, 2006, 07:24 AM
*sigh*...Boy I miss those days...In 1999-2001 where everyone LOVED pokmon...Parents would KILL eachother to get tickets to the newest pokmon movie for their kids...In every store there was a WHOLE pokmon isle...And the DVDs weren't made from paper -_-
((Yeah, recently, in like, the last year I got the first and second movies and Mewtwo returns...THE CASES ARE PAPER NOW >.< They're like, cardboard with a little plastic thing keeping it held together <.<))
I also miss it when almost EVERY KID IN SCHOOL liked pokmon and didn't make fun of you like they do now......Now, no one in my life likes pokmon anymore...'cept me...I remember when I first moved on my block in 1999 every kid on the block liked pokmon and traded cards, played the games...*sigh*...I miss it all so much....

Especially now that they don't release the movies in theaters anymore and they REPLACED THE POKEMON STORE IN NYC WITH STUPID NINTENDO WORLD!!! >.<

Geometric-sama
January 27th, 2006, 07:32 AM
No, Not really i'm happy with pokemon at the moment, at least you can buy things with out them being out of stock from every wanting them.
Speak for yourself; I can't get anything at all!

I missed the whole Pokmon craze thing, which means I don't have many friends IRL to talk about it with. It's OK, I do have some people to battle with, but I wish that fans weren't so derided.

Budgie_boy
January 27th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I totally miss it! Since 1998 I have been and always will be a fan of Pokmon, I even got the anime soundtrack for XMAS as well as the blue version when it was first released in Scotland (Britain). It ruled, I was the best trainer inmy area of west lothian. I used to stay up for days playing that game, but now (2006) If you even mention (Pokmon) where I live you get laughed at and even hit because so many people just confuse the game and anime series, they just think that it's sad and people who play it are losers!

I'm now even scared to buy a pokmon game now because of that!

(I have all games from 1998-2003)

Smarties-chan
January 27th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Yup... I miss the Pokmon craze *sigh* I loved battling with other people at my school (and no, it's not because I pwned everyone =P), I loved trading cards (too bad I was the only one who actually got into playing the card game. The only person I could play the card game with was my brother -.-) and I especialy loved trading Pokmon with my friends. Now I don't have any friends who play Pokmon, so I'll never be able to fill my Emerald Pokdex and get one of the Johto starters ;_;

Nowadays, Pokmon is just another reason to laugh at someone >.> *sigh* I wish there was another Pokmon craze.

Shiny Meganium
January 27th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Yes. Everyone in my school used to bring and trade cards. Also, everyone played the GB games (Red, blue).

Crosman
January 27th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Who doesnt miss the craze? I remeber it took me almost 4 monthes before I even new who Blastoise was. lol

I have a feeling if Pokemon corp plays their cards right they can jumpstart back into another craze in the future.

BROOKE_&_LUGIA
January 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
I miss it terribly!!!!! *sigh* Oh the memories. That was back where there was pokemon merchandice everywhere you turned in every stor you went to (I mean the GOOD stuff like toothbrushes, socks, underwear (you know what I mean). Now you can barley find it. You have to look hard for it. It's barley in Target anymore. There are probably a few things at walmart or kmart, but you have to go to a specalty store to get that stuff now (and I'm not talking about the Pokemon center in NYC, now). Oh, those were the good 'ol days.

Fl0W:HHGURU
January 31st, 2006, 02:49 PM
I remember when pokemon cards got took of the school kids in my class and at lunch i used to go and steal them from the teachers desk, and everyday i did that :( that makes me sound harsh, i know. But these kids were'nt hardcore fans, just followers of the crowd.

aragornbird
January 31st, 2006, 03:35 PM
♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

If I ever miss Pokemon, it's because I miss my childhood since it makes me so nostalgic. Back in 1998-1999, 95% of the kids in 6th grade carried their gameboys and cards to school and we can't go a day without talking about Pokemon.

But I'm not sorry that it's over now. Besides, I'm 19 and in college, so still being obsessed with the cards and anime around my friends would attract a lot of negative remarks. I still play the games though, and at least the games are still selling like hotcakes.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

princesspikabellechu
January 31st, 2006, 08:20 PM
If only we lived in Japan, its still going on strong there, and the merchandise they offer is awesome....I noticed here the stuff in the stores is the same toys that were released 10 years ago only now its repackaged in the new advanced logos..I now as I have both variations from then and now in my collection..

Aegis
February 3rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
YES! I miss it SOOOOOO much! now when I even mention pokemon at school my social stadius drops to the ground! I REALLY wish that everyone was into it again I miss it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Spencer
February 3rd, 2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I miss them good old days. Everyone in my school says pokemon is dumb. That have no reason though. I although, pretend I don't like it because I will get made fun of if they found out.

liam858
February 3rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
I miss when it was a "Craze" but i still carry on with the collecting and catching up with the series on Toonami, so i don't mind it not being around, and agree about having the true fans still sticking with it.:)

Liam

Chronos
February 4th, 2006, 01:23 AM
I don't really know the answer to that question. I mean, half the people in my area only liked Pokemon because everyone else liked it, which I find incredibly shallow and annoying. Since its no longer "popular" as such, that annoying aspect is gone, which I find a relief. However, people are now expected to go along with the crowd, and hate it as well, or they are "freaks" and so on. Still, that doesn't stop me from liking it.

Shiny_golem
February 4th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I am divided here; in a way, I really do miss it because I really hate having to hide all my pokemon related things when I have people over, but on the other hand it does leave only the real fans.

I mostly miss it though. It would be nice to have people to trade, battle, etc. with, without being considered a freak.

Kuri-Chan ♪
January 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM
I reeeeally miss it... Now everyone says Pokemon is Stupid. My friend brought cards back, though.... But only for about a week.

It's sad, because everything I love (Neopets, Pokemon, Anime) gets dissed, one way or another. I'm a big freak because I like Pokemon.

Of coarse, not my brother. Everyone warships him and his cards. He's like a general to them. Perfect, strong... While I'm attemptingto punch somone for saying Pokemon is dumb.

Sadly, I only picked up on it in the last year of the craze. So I can't consider myself very much of a true fan. -sigh-

Pazuzu
January 21st, 2007, 09:10 AM
Do not revive threads that are older than a month, please.
This one is almost a year old.

~closed~