PDA

View Full Version : Innocence

oni flygon
January 5th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Heya! Haven't written anything in a while, so I decided to make a FE8 fanfic. I have two others in mind, but I think this is the fastest and easiest one to write... enjoy! It's EwanxAmelia, by the way...>>

Innocence
by Niko

Her first impression of Ewan was that he had a carefree spirit. From the time he introduced himself and talked about his view of life, she thought that he never grew up out of that stage in life. The way he talked about life: how you make it fun through the simplest things, and how you make life easier even though theres this war going on. Sometimes she just doubts him, especially when he teases her, like that one time when he showed her magiche said that its the magic that makes girls happy. It makes her giggle a bit whenever she thinks of what he says, or when he talked about her outfit and the stain on her skirt. Why was he looking down there in the first place? But he did say that it was cute. That makes her laugh even more.

And yet she never understood Ewan.

He teasesnohe flirts with her often, she noticed. But does he even know what hes doing? Sometimes, its strange because all he does is laugh at it like it is just some childish tease. But to Amelia, it appears to be some sort of courting. No, it couldnt be. Ewan seems too innocent, too nave in a way. But shes not sure.

The time when he approached her again at camp, she never expected him to go that far without realizing. In that calm, laid back voice, he asked her:

Amelia, have you traveled much?

Travel? Hm, let's see... I went from Silva to the capital on my own once. Now that I think about it, I'd never left Grado until now. She replied.

Ewan smiled and started to talk about his teacherSaleh of Caer Pelyn and taking him to a journey for many months once. He seems to look admiringly at his teacher. He must be a really great mage, especially when Ewan talks so much and so highly of him. He talked about going to many different countries with his teacherto Renais, Frelia, Rausten, Jehanna, and Grado. Especially Grado. Its Amelias country.

Amelia smiled and replied in awe on how great it must been to travel all around the continent. And then, Ewan asked her something she will never forget.

When this war is over and were all at peace, why dont you and I take a trip together? He asked the question with a simple smile. And yet she saw the question so differently.

Huh? Just the two of us? Amelia exclaimed. He cant be serious, can he? Are his intentions for something else or is it just for a nave and innocent reason?

Ewans smiling face turned to concern. He asked her if the idea bothered her. Of course she didnt know what to say. She stammered a bit, trying to explain to Ewan what she thought of it but he continued.

There's so much I want to show you, Amelia. How the dark green forests refract the morning sun into a million burning emeralds. The melancholy spectacle of the sun sinking slowly beyond an endless horizon. The wind gently coercing vast fields of wheat to dance, heroic mountain peeks... Oh, and the gorgeous flower beds that fill your vision with brilliant colors! There are so very many spectacular places in the world. I want to see all of them again...but this time I want to see them with you. When you see them, you'll really understand how wonderful it is to be alive. The feeling will fill your heart and make you want to sing with joy!

For a moment, she was dumbfounded. So is this what was in Ewans mind? To travel and see the world with her. Just her. No one else. She felt a deep warmth in her chest and just couldnt seem to find words.

Well? Ewan had that face innocent and hopeful. She never really figured him out.

I I understand what youre trying to say, Amelia broke into a smile, Lets go! I want to see all of it and more!

Then its settled! You know what? Ewan said. This gives us something to look forward to while this war goes on. Just thinking about it makes my heart beat faster.

Amelia laughed, even though in her heart, she felt a bit different. You know, Ewan, being around you fills me with so much energy. She somehow tried to say it in some sort of simple way. Just something to hide it for some other time. She felt that what she said was sort of her confession for him.

And I'm happy when you're around, too. Ewan replied and they both laughed.

She wondered if Ewan really saw this as just an innocent little thing. But to her, it felt something like a marriage proposal. And yet Ewan just smiled. Innocently and he seems so nave but so knowledgeable at life at the same time. And after this war, theyll be traveling together. The idea just makes her heart beat faster and she felt so happy at the thought of being with him. So happy.

Fin

Yes, the whole dialogue is their A support in the game...>>

Chairman Kaga
January 5th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Ah, a support convo adaptation? Even though you're discounting your creativity for this I find it quite novel. I'm not a good specific critic so all I'll say is that it worked well because the feeling came off more innocent than awkward, which it was supposed to be as it was a vague young love tale and not something more open, serious, and direct...really enjoyed it.

Kyosuke
January 6th, 2006, 06:03 AM
I agree with Chairman Kaga, after reading it there really was a sense of innocence in terms of the two characters in this. Ewan comes off someone who just wants to get closer to Amelia, a genuine person with no seemingly secret intentions, and the way that Amelia is presented seems to be someone who also wants to get closer, but inside hiding her true feelings.

I enjoyed it as well, you managed to go into details at the very beginning, describing both Ewan and Amelia to the point where you know enough about them to have a general assumption of their character.

Nicely done ^^

Lily
January 6th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Ew. Romance. *distant gagging sounds heard*

It was good, Niko. XD; You have a habit of making cute, simplistic stories based on self defining moments. (I bet it's all that practice with writing with Yellow and whatnot). Although I personally have no idea who the characters are, it's the cuteness that counts.

There were minor errors regarding grammar, but I'm too lazy. At first, I didn't know it was a convo adaptation. I could imagine you writing something like this.

Now for some cheesy, overly done cutesy lines:

"Great job, Onii-chan~<3 I really loved the story!! ^__^!"

:3 I speak the truth and only the truth.

oni flygon
January 7th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone! And I'm really happy that you commented on it Lily... and yes, it seems that I'm stuck up with my own writing style... >>