PDA

View Full Version : Internet Addiction

Spectrum
January 7th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Probably more than 90% of people who use the internet are addicted. Are you one of them? Why? What do you like to do on the internet? Would you survive without the internet for 3 days?

I'm proud to be one of them. ^__^ I became an addict when my mother got her computer, meaning that I could use mine whenever I felt like without others using it. On the internet, I go to PC, Gaia, LiveJournal, IRC, and 4-chan mostly. There's plenty of other stuff I like to do, like Photoshopping and then sticking a new banner in my signature. It's fun. <3

I would die without the net for three days. Okay, that's overexaggerating. But I'd be bored out of my skull at the very least. My DS could probably keep me entertained for a few hours at the most.

Discuss.

mewthree w/armor
January 7th, 2006, 06:57 AM
I'm an addicit and theres no question about it, the funny thing is during the summer trips to business competitions I go to I've gone without the net for about 7 days apiece and I'm usually ok...

Ryoutarou
January 7th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I like to spend a lot of time online. I wouldn't say I'm an addict because if I suddenly lost my connection I wouldn't freak out or anything. If I didn't have it, I'd probably just watch tv, read, draw, or go do whatever random crap I have to do for that day.

Sammi
January 7th, 2006, 07:01 AM
I'd say that precentage is about right :3

Yeah, I'm sadly addicted to the Internet. It's the only place where I can feel like myself, and be a social type of person. I...just feel more talkative on the Internet, which is probably bad XD I love being on it. ;_;
I mainly use forums on the internet. Forums = talking :3

Can I survive without internet for three days? I better start getting used to it, I'm going to be moving soon, and my computer is going to get shipped.
I'd go mad without it, but I think I could survive. I'd just be really bored, and really upset.

Natsuki
January 7th, 2006, 12:47 PM
My parents seem to think I'm addicted to the internet. I, however, say differently. XD I am sure I wouldn't have a heart attack if I lost the internet for a while...I might be a bit more bored during the day, but I'd find something else to do to occupy myself. XD I'd more likely watch TV, read a book or draw. Ooor, I'd just do my pilates or jog or something of that sort. XD See mom and dad? I can find other things to do without the internet. ;P

~Kelsey

Greed
January 7th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Hell no. Well, not for me.

I can survive a year without being on the net. :/

I honestly think people that use the computer a lot are usually socially troubled and feel that by hiding behind their grand computers they can get friends easier. :/

I only log on to the net to download music, look around for Fullmetal Alchemist crap, and post in the HeartXSteel forums.

Asura Nirosuki
January 7th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Im currently like that~
I choose to be here then out there.

Soul Eater
January 7th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I know I'm addicted to it o_o I'm on 24/7 just about. Whenever I get home from school I go straight to the internet..when I wake up I got straight to the internet. I mean in real life I don't have as many great friends as I do online. Because online I have friends that are there for me. Friends that I've always wanted growing up but never had...even now I still dont have that in rl but I do online and that's why the online world is my second life because I have so many people that care about me. So many people that have the same interests in things that I do. I would die if I had to give up the internet...I just can't go without it. When I'm gone on vacation its like I want to be online so bad that I wish I was home....I wish I could just go online and rid myself of the pain brewing in my for the fact that I can't go on.

My parents get mad when I never go out...I mean you always want your parents to understand your life and why its your addiction....but knowing parents they just never understand.

Innocence
January 7th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I think i might be addicted, but i can live without the internet or computer for 2 weeks max. Sometimes when the internet stuffs up, i play age of empires and other crap, when the computer's crashed, i'd play xbox, and if all else fails, i'll read. So i can live without it if it isn't available, but i can't if it is.

Kurosaki
January 7th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I spend quite a bit of my free time on the net, but I'm not addicted. I have enough friends and stuff in real life that I could go without it for a bit. The internet is just a hobby for me, that's all.

Kylie-chan
January 7th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I am way addicted. One time I lost the Internet and I was crying for days. I killed my social life in favour of my Internet friends, but I don't regret that. I tend to go pretty mental-case-ish when I'm deprived of the Internet, like right now, and I find myself pretty moody and depressed. I think all of the time about the 'net, and that's not an exaggeration. I think in Internet smilies and I say the word "pwn". As you may know, Kylie's not my real name, but I'm so used to being online I think of myself as Kylie and I have to stop myself from answering to the name. Oh, what do I do? XD I use LiveJournal, Gaia, MSN, and PC mainly. ^o^

I was suicidal one time I didn't have even the computer for two weeks, but that was probably a combination of my depressive and melodramatic streaks.

WidowMaker
January 7th, 2006, 07:11 PM
No doubt about it, I'm addicted. I have spent 85% percent of my life on the computer and the net within the last month. I cant even go two days without being on my comp. or I'll start to crack. I spend most of my time here at PC. I lust my comp. and the net.

MegaDitto
January 7th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I do not exactly clarify myself of having an addiction to the internet. But it is something that I am on every day. I don't rebember a day that I am not. I consider it as a hobby. I would get bored if it was not there. But there are always different things I could do. Like when the internet was not there in the past. Before it was made.

Lust
January 7th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I love the internet, but I'm not addicted to it. I could easily last three days without it. I have other interests.

Dragonite Tamer
January 8th, 2006, 01:58 AM
I could easily last a week or two without the internet, I'm not an addict (yet).

Peach
January 8th, 2006, 02:16 AM
I love to be online and yes, I'm (kinda) addicted.
I'm on PC, SPPF, LJ or MSN the most. And I also love to search fanarts and music~

BUT I could survive three-seven days without it. I would miss my online friends A LOT but I have offline friends and lots of other interests than Internet too. At summer I'm usually gone many weeks and I do have many things to do.

My parents don't understand/don't want to understand my obsession and they keep telling how harmful it can be but I really enjoy to use Internet, it's my way to relax~
When my dad took off my Internet for 12 weeks, I was really dramatic about it XD

Fls4eva
January 8th, 2006, 06:02 AM
I'm totally addicted ta' the internet.. If I don't use it for like a day.. I would just go crazy and start crying.. The other time when I lost the internet connection.. I cried for almost a day.. The internet ish the place I make more friends.. And interact with people from all around the world.. The internet ish just plain important ta' meh..

Rayquaza1
January 9th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I'm an Internet addict, but I can go on for a week without internet. I have other things to think about like practicing with my bass guitar for the school talent show and hangin out with friends. What I do is go on kingsofchaos.com, go to pokecommunity.com and chat, check email, chat with friends on the Simple Plan Invasion Crew or Simple Plan Street Team, and try to a message to my crush who has an overloaded inbox.

Demon_Slayer
January 9th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Addicted....I am so addicted, I am always look for anime pics and stuff like that.....but sometimes there is time I want to stop looking for anime pics, but like the internet, I am addicted to that too.

DarkCircuit
January 9th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I'm addicted ._."

In some ways I feel like I'm wasting my life~ And then I look at the real world and realize it's the other people that aren't addicts who are D:

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 11th, 2006, 03:57 AM
I'm pretty much addicted. 'Cause seriously there's nothing much to do around here since something happened a year ago. My life is digital now.

3 days? I'll live. =P I still DO have a life offline.

The Fly
January 11th, 2006, 07:59 AM
I'm extremely addicted. If I didn't have to pay for it myself, I wouldn't even consider looking for a job. If I'm able to, I will stay on for 15-18 hours a day, which was my average time on the Internet during summer vacation.

I've learned to survive about...a week without the Internet; I don't have a job yet (and no one's giving me any money), so if I don't have the resources, I'm forced to stay off. However, a week is all that I will allow. I've gone insane (literally) because I wasn't able to get on the Internet for more than that time.

Esupio
January 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I can go without the internet for a while cause I have plenty of friends to see I have my pets to play with. when i moved house I had to go without the internet half of the summer holidays (4 weeks) I really didn't mind, I'd sprite yeah but no use the internet because I couldn't, Heck we didn't have a phone.

You could say I'm addicted, I use it as an escape from reality really

Shadowfaith
January 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Not addicted, I like the internet, but i have better things to do as well. I only stay on when I'm totally bored, but I ahve enough freinds to hang out with and there are better things to do. But I just love to speek to people who like the same things as me and furthermore understand me, so thats basically why I like the internet ^_^

Spectrum
January 11th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'm addicted ._."

In some ways I feel like I'm wasting my life~ And then I look at the real world and realize it's the other people that aren't addicts who are D:
If you enjoy yourself, then it isn't a waste. Remember that.

Fly, what's your username at Gaia?

Keitaro
January 14th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Well I first got my computer along with the net when I was 15 so yea, I'd say I am and before that me and my buddies would go to the library and rent time on the cpu and go to those geocities chat rooms, my hotmail account is older then my computer, now that's a freaky thought. But mind you I do take long durations of off time from the net since I can't stay indoors, it's not my nature but I do enjoy it for sure. I consume it though, never let it consume me. :D

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 14th, 2006, 07:15 AM
I consume it though, never let it consume me.Wherp, I didn't quite get that. Um, you mean simply, that you're not addicted?

Eh I realized I forgot to post what I do online.
I play on PC, I play on Netbattle, I got to MFC and once in a while I go to Gaia.

Shirt_Guy_Dom
January 14th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah i'm addicited. I usually read online web comics, post in communities, update my online photo album, search for various anime, play online games, or listen to music.

Linoone
January 14th, 2006, 10:47 AM
yeah, since I got broadband I've been addicted to the internet, my laptop is like my life serum o.o *faints*

pokejungle
January 14th, 2006, 10:57 AM
I like know now for sure that I'm addicted to the internet.

How depressing~ But I'd take diet coke over the internet >3 Addiction vs Addiction

Keitaro
January 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Wherp, I didn't quite get that. Um, you mean simply, that you're not addicted?
What I meant was I'm partially addicted, meaning I am since it's there but at the same time I can live without the net as well like if the power went out or I couldn't afford it type deal.

Sebastien
January 15th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I used to be a year or so ago. Now I hate being on the internet, 'cause when I am, it means that I'm not out somewhere having fun or doing anything productive. :p

Eliana
January 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Rofl, well there was a study done, right? Most kids with ADHD are addicted to the net, and vice versa.

I'm included in that so sucks for me.

pokejungle
January 15th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Rofl, well there was a study done, right? Most kids with ADHD are addicted to the net, and vice versa.

I'm included in that so sucks for me.
But for the internet you have to sit down and be still O_o;

So wouldn't that be HARD for ADHD kids? O_O;

Eliana
January 15th, 2006, 05:15 PM
But for the internet you have to sit down and be still O_o;

So wouldn't that be HARD for ADHD kids? O_O;
Nope.

That's ADD.

I have ADHD. I can sit inside a drawer for about...3 hours (I did this once playing hide and go seek. XD). So, yeah.

pokejungle
January 15th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Nope.

That's ADD.

I have ADHD. I can sit inside a drawer for about...3 hours (I did this once playing hide and go seek. XD). So, yeah.
I thought:

ADD = Attention Deficiet Disorder

ADHD = Attention Deficiet Hyper Disorder

o_o

Eliana
January 15th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I thought:

ADD = Attention Deficiet Disorder

ADHD = Attention Deficiet Hyper Disorder

o_o
Yes, that's exactly it.

ADD kids are the ones that fidget a lot, ADHD just have a lot of energy. I mean, they both can have the same symptoms, but I do believe that ADHD kids don't fidget that much.

pokejungle
January 15th, 2006, 05:26 PM
You know that "H" in there, yeah. It means hyper.

It wouldn't make sense for ADHD kids to just sit still o.o;

Lady Akita
January 15th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Oh, they fidget. One of my friends have it, to be honest. She keeps passing me notes in class and I get in trouble for it.

Miiburd
January 16th, 2006, 12:35 AM
I'm not quite addicted.... but I do go on here a lot. I have not gone on the computer for a few weeks before XD that was when we were on a trip though.. And there is a LOT of catching up to do when we get back.
I would miss things, too. Mostly my friends.
Sometimes I spend a little too much time on the computer though...
On the weekends I am on as much as I can. Usually almost all day =P
And on normal days I get on in the morning and at night, and then during the day I WORK x_X or, if it is slow, then I go on my laptop! ^__^ but I don't have internet access on there, so usually I am drawing.

I go to a few pokmon sites, deviantart.com, update my own site sometimes {sometimes =P}, and I have a forum-thing. I also went on LJ for a while but it became useless and I am still trying to figure out what to do with it.

I like to talk to different people. ^__^ That is the best thing about the internet, I think. Well.... maybe not the best thing. The first best thing is the resources O__O but ... talking to different people all over the world, instantly? That's really neat.

Eliana
January 16th, 2006, 05:18 AM
You know that "H" in there, yeah. It means hyper.

It wouldn't make sense for ADHD kids to just sit still o.o;
Are you saying I'm fidgeting right now? xD *thwacks*

Roy-Kun
January 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM
I have to admit, i'm addicted to the internet x.x

But still, i can survive without it, the life is not only Internet, so many things to do in life...

Icy Soul
January 19th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Oh boy am I addicted to the internet >.>

I go to Digital Feathers, then to here, read some web comics, and check to see if Himura has anything new.

When your only friends are on the internet, it's quite addictive. I talk alot, on the internet. In real life like at school, I just stare into oblivion. Most of the people at my school are pretty annoying anyway, my school has a big problem with failures, and I'm not kidding, last year about 92 percent of students had straight F's.

Which makes my school the "Shame of a Nation" I guess =P I moved to Idaho so it's not like I was born here xDD No offence if anyone here was born in Idaho, or is living in Idaho, if you are living in Idaho, cool o.o

And I guess I can live without the internet for 3 days... But those 3 days can be the most boring 3 days of my life!!!

If I can't have the internet for the rest of my life, I'd probably crawl into a corner, shrivel up, and die o.o

Drummershuff
January 20th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I'm addictated, i go on every night if i can, i go on at school, i am useally PC or other forums, but i sometimes play on intenet games, but not very often, i am useally here!

-Matt

Merzbau
January 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I used to be addicted to it. I'm slowly fading away from it I guess. It's consumed my life. Too much.

- John

Overlord IX
February 2nd, 2006, 07:03 AM
I aint addicted to the net. Im addicted to the games that require an internet connection. But frankly speaking,i would die without it. literally. lolz x_x

Geometric-sama
February 2nd, 2006, 07:22 AM
I'm certainly an addict, and it's not good because I get about 3 hours sleep a night now. x_x

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty much addicted. ^^ The RL people I know are not enduring enough for me, or have hobbies and lives I have no interest in. Besides, I'm downloading too much in the meantime. ^^

It's also experience. My creative faculty is aligned with the net now because of the PC forum boom a couple years ago, various online games, anime, and foreign products. Those joyous thoughts will never go away.

I am way addicted. One time I lost the Internet and I was crying for days. I killed my social life in favour of my Internet friends, but I don't regret that. I tend to go pretty mental-case-ish when I'm deprived of the Internet, like right now, and I find myself pretty moody and depressed. I think all of the time about the 'net, and that's not an exaggeration. I think in Internet smilies and I say the word "pwn". As you may know, Kylie's not my real name, but I'm so used to being online I think of myself as Kylie and I have to stop myself from answering to the name. Oh, what do I do? XD I use LiveJournal, Gaia, MSN, and PC mainly. ^o^

I was suicidal one time I didn't have even the computer for two weeks, but that was probably a combination of my depressive and melodramatic streaks.:laugh: XD

You HEROINE! *bows*

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 12:11 PM
22sa, you have an adorable sig. It's putting me in a trance XD. I'm not addicted to the internet, but I do have my moments when I'm on it for hours and I don't want to get off even when my parents are yelling at me XD

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
22sa, you have an adorable sig. It's putting me in a trance XD. I'm not addicted to the internet, but I do have my moments when I'm on it for hours and I don't want to get off even when my parents are yelling at me XDThanks, cool. :P

Yeah, it's still amazing because I'm living alone but my parents are now telling me over the phone "stop going internet so much stop playing games" etc. XD

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 12:45 PM
Thanks, cool. :P

Yeah, it's still amazing because I'm living alone but my parents are now telling me over the phone "stop going internet so much stop playing games" etc. XD

Wow you live on your own and your just 18? That's pretty cool.

I think the most addictive part of the internet is the message boards.

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 12:52 PM
Wow you live on your own and your just 18? That's pretty cool.

I think the most addictive part of the internet is the message boards.All funded by my dad actually, so not completely alone. XD

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
All funded by my dad actually, so not completely alone. XD

Lol well that's even better! I guess having to pay for an internet connection or even a slow one would be expensive or time XD

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Lol well that's even better! I guess having to pay for an internet connection or even a slow one would be expensive or time XDIt's wireless at home right now, but that linksys router always breaks down--I have to stay on campus if I want a good connection. Luckily, the internet here is availiable 24/7.

pokejungle
February 2nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Just to tell everyone~

I'm addicted to the internet with no hope of rehab working D: Except next year ... one hour per week ... that's not going to be hard =D Since I'll have stuff to do X3

But yeah...while I'm stuck in my house, I'm an addict.

John Denver
February 2nd, 2006, 03:31 PM
I'm addicted to the internets

Overlord IX
February 2nd, 2006, 06:22 PM
I need to go cold turkey on this addiction lolz. though it may not help much.

Himawarii
February 2nd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Gosh,it's pretty obvious I'm an addict X3

I swear,while I was in Mexico,I constantly got sick of no internet D; Plus,if you check on the who's online page,I'm almost always 90% of the time there :3

I'm obsessed with the Internet,but,hec,I'm proud ^.^

pokejungle
February 2nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Gosh,it's pretty obvious I'm an addict X3

I swear,while I was in Mexico,I constantly got sick of no internet D; Plus,if you check on the who's online page,I'm almost always 90% of the time there :3

I'm obsessed with the Internet,but,hec,I'm proud ^.^
I'm glad there's someone else who thinks like me X3

But the questions is: Do you have a social life IRL?

ArchAngel
February 4th, 2006, 12:07 PM
i know im an internet addict, i neveer do anything online, but im on ALL THE TIME. :P try IMing me, I'll probbly be on