PDA

View Full Version : The Soda Club, v2.0

Chairman Kaga
January 14th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Self-explanatory as far as what we're supposed to discuss in here. The last one eventually fizzled (no pun intended) so we're starting again since there seems to be sufficient interest again.

So.........post >D

Cloud_boy
January 14th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I'll join,I love soda, it is the only thing keeping me awake to study the last 4 days.
Last night I drank 4 litters of pepsi, 2 of sprite, and 4 more of Dr. Pepper.

Yuna-chan
January 14th, 2006, 08:58 PM
*so joins*

As I stated before... Pepsi > All XD

Kurono
January 14th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I myself find soda very addicting, though its killing my 'count'.

Meh. Sprite pwns.

Thomas
January 14th, 2006, 09:03 PM
/me joins again. I totally forgot about this club. /me has to be the co-owner.

Cloud_boy
January 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
do any of you know that the black soda*Pepsi, Coca-Cola, RC, etc.* contains an ingredient that counts as a drug, and that is what makes it addictive.

Blaze
January 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM
*drinks more cans of pop than china has people*

//joins

Edit: Heck I even joined a few Soda Loving Forums, so I can find out the latest Pepsi/Coke products XD

Zelos
January 14th, 2006, 09:41 PM
*Mouth dries up*

Must. Join. Soda. Fanclub.

Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb > Everything else ^.^;;;

*Joins*

Thomas
January 24th, 2006, 05:04 PM
This club is not dying this easy. So who remembers Crystal Pepsi. Did you guys see the segment on I <3 The 80's? That was so funny.

Chairman Kaga
January 24th, 2006, 05:12 PM
The segment would have been good but every time I see Mo Rocca on something I want to strangle him for opening and drinking a mint one......I've been trying to get a mint can for myself on ebay for months but never with any success.

Kurono
January 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM
The segment would have been good but every time I see Mo Rocca on something I want to strangle him for opening and drinking a mint one......I've been trying to get a mint can for myself on ebay for months but never with any success.

You tried to buy soda off of eBay?

Zelos
January 24th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Off of e-bay? Not really, mostly just drink it from the store ^^;;;;

Chairman Kaga
January 24th, 2006, 06:01 PM
You tried to buy soda off of eBay?

Well, you haven't been able to buy Pepsi Crystal in stores for 11 years, so that's the only available option o_O

Kurono
January 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Well, you haven't been able to buy Pepsi Crystal in stores for 11 years, so that's the only available option o_O

So you buy it off of any random person you find online? Who could have aslo possibly tampered with it...

Thomas
January 24th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Well they are really rare, and if you want to get one the only way is ebay. But I would take the risk, but you would be able to tell if it had been tampered with.

Chairman Kaga
January 25th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Well, not to drink, of course; the only soda I'd ever buy off the internet to drink is New Coke o_O;

Just for my collection...I'm going to keep it in a jar full of formaldehyde so it can never leak...

Thomas
January 25th, 2006, 04:17 PM
I would so drink it, I don't keep collections of sodas. But I did see a collection of Coke bottles from all around the world. That was cool. The chinese one was the coolest looking.

Chairman Kaga
January 25th, 2006, 05:42 PM
I really like all the designs that the various soda companies use on their Hong Kong sodas...they tend to be taller and more streamlined for some reason. But this is 20 oz and such I'm talking about, not glass.

pokejungle
January 25th, 2006, 06:02 PM
I would like to join~

Because Diet Coke owns me.

Thomas
January 25th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I am sorry but diet coke sucks, the only diet coke that is good is Diet Coke w/ Cherry aka the old Diet Cherry Coke. Why the hell did they change it anyway? OH! Has anyone tasted the new Black Cherry and Vanilla Coke? I just tried it a couple of days ago and it was pretty good, but not as good as Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke.

pokejungle
January 25th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I am sorry but diet coke sucks, the only diet coke that is good is Diet Coke w/ Cherry aka the old Diet Cherry Coke. Why the hell did they change it anyway? OH! Has anyone tasted the new Black Cherry and Vanilla Coke? I just tried it a couple of days ago and it was pretty good, but not as good as Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke.
I'm going to cry now.

Diet coke owns all other pops. I can't stand the taste of regular sodas. Like Pepsi/Coke. It either has to be "Cherry" // "Vanilla" // etc or some other type of thing like root beer.

Chairman Kaga
January 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM

I'm somewhat addicted to the Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, but I've found that the vanilla overpowers the cherry a LOT, but not enough for the cherry to keep from taking the chemical edge off the vanilla flavoring. It's more mellow, that's why I think I like it.

Thomas
January 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
The flavors were too bland for me and they don't mix well IMO, but it wasn't bad tasting. The one I drank was extremely crisp, which for some reason lately all coke products I have been drinking have been crisp.

Black Cherry Vanilla Coke has been the only new soda I have tried. There are some energy drinks that I want to try soon, but those aren't exactly soda.

Chairman Kaga
January 26th, 2006, 07:56 PM
You're right about Coke becoming more crisp; I've been drinking it more than Pepsi lately so they must have made a subtle formula change for the better. I thought it was just me.

I've always been wary of energy drinks; Mountain Dew X has interested me for a while now, but the fact that it's $2 a bottle puts me off.

Jack_Skellington
January 26th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove soda!! Literally, I just drank two whole 2 liter bottles of Dr.Pepper and I am hyper. I would also like to join the club! I <3 SODA!!

pokejungle
January 27th, 2006, 05:11 AM
I have some cans of the Black Cherry Vanilla Coke in my fridge~ honestly I thought it was pretty good. But it didn't beat out diet coke =/

But I wouldn't mind having a can right now XD I think I might after I come home from school.

My mom has strict pop rules because it's "unhealthy" x___________x So I only have a couple cans a week, and then when we go out to eat. And in the latter case I usually get like 200 gazillion refills X3 And if it's Taco Bell I get the huge cup because it comes with the quesadilla meal =]

Chairman Kaga
January 27th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove soda!! Literally, I just drank two whole 2 liter bottles of Dr.Pepper and I am hyper. I would also like to join the club! I <3 SODA!!

Okay, welcome XD

I don't understand the people who can metabolize an entire two liter bottle of soda; it seems physically impossible. I love it but I get sick after three cans, which is incredibly rare for me in one sitting o_O;

pokejungle
January 27th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I can like drink two extra large movie theatre sized cups.

But then, it's like I pee every five minutes for the rest of the day D:~ And that sucks XD

And this club reminded me to go get a pop ;D Thanks!

Zelos
January 27th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I don't get to drink(Soda, not the other stuff! =D) nearly as much as I'd like too, my mother doesn't like to keep it around the house. Mostly when I get some is when I buy a can at school or when we buy a liter for the weekend ^^ (Which is not very often either >.>; )

pokejungle
January 27th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Awwww ;.;

My sister had the last BC-V ._. I had to have diet coke <3

Zelos
January 27th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Speaking of Dr. Pepper, I just had a bottle a couple minutes ago...

Anyway, I tried a sip of my brother "Black Cherry Vanilla Coke" a couple days ago, and I can honestly say, I disliked it. Maybe I should have tried a couple more sips to make sure, but when I drank it the first thing that came to mind was "Ugh.."

Chairman Kaga
January 28th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Don't drink it when it's ice cold, it kills the flavor. Pour yourself a glass, let it sit out for about ten minutes, and try it. The icy coldness adds to the chemical edge of the vanilla, otherwise it's very tolerable.

At least that works for me, but generally, if you hate a soda, you hate it at every temperature...though I did used to know someone who only liked Mountain Dew when it was warm o_O

Thomas
January 28th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Oh guys, don't drink Diet Sprite Zero...ever! I put one in the freezer once too chill it quickly and forgot about it. I opend the freezer and then opend the can. And it was GEL!!!! I havnet drinken one since. Who knows what kind of chemicals are in that thing.

And I usually like my sodas warm as well Kaga.

Chairman Kaga
January 28th, 2006, 06:06 PM
I've had it once, it made me sick after two drinks. Sprite is better for you than most sodas as it is, I don't see any reason to kill the little lemon-lime flavor it has to begin with in favor of a few saved calories.

I'm going to have to try that, though; I hope one of the machines in town dispenses it o_o;

Thomas
January 28th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Oh I have a new favorite soda...at least for the moment. Since the last club ended I have really been enjoying Mountain Dew: Baja Blast From Taco Bell. Very good flavor.

Chairman Kaga
January 28th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Mountain Dew would make a tidy profit should they begin to can Baja Blast, as it is incredibly addictive and probably contains copious amounts of nicotine and morphine...heh. I go to Taco Bell just so I can have it...of course it goes great with chicken quesadillas but it ends up being the centerpiece of the meal o_o;

pokejungle
January 28th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Baja Blast is yuck. I really don't like it D: I got to Taco Bell a lot and just get the diet pepsi ;D

I had a lot of diet coke today. It made my mood somewhat better <3

Thomas
February 1st, 2006, 07:55 PM
Grrr @ Paul: You are killing the thread with your talk of semi-nasty diet sodas XD I bet if they came out with a diet baja blast you would be all over it.

^^ @ Kaga: That is exactly what I get when I go to Taco Bell. Chicken Quesedilla + Baja Blast = <3

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 05:54 AM
Soda's not very good for you, but I drink it occasionally even though I know I shouldn't

I really like Dr. Pepper and Sprite

Zelos
February 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Well of course it's not good for you, but I still loooovvveeee it. So....fizzy....and delicious.

Anyway, I enjoy Baja Blast very much. I've only had it a couple of times but when I did it was very good. ^^

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 11:57 AM
Bleh, Mountain Dew. Drinking Mountain Ddew is like taking a big vat of suger and sugarizing it in some sugar water while dilluting it with some sugar.

Chairman Kaga
February 3rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
^^ @ Kaga: That is exactly what I get when I go to Taco Bell. Chicken Quesedilla + Baja Blast = <3

I might have to change what I order now, though, as they've come out with chicken taquitos and I've got a feeling they might even blow the quesadillas out of the water...

Bleh, Mountain Dew. Drinking Mountain Ddew is like taking a big vat of suger and sugarizing it in some sugar water while dilluting it with some sugar.

You left out the lemon-lime flavoring...no sane person would just eat what you described, and Mountain Dew is nothing like that...I've drank bottles of fruit juice with more sugar and calories than a Mountain Dew.

pokejungle
February 3rd, 2006, 09:36 AM
I was gonna go to Taco Bell on Sunday but then we ended up going to like Godfather's and I was sad because I wanted to try more Baja Blast because everyone's apparently so addicted ;______________;

And we're out of diet coke in my house <<" Just regular coke and sprite. I'm dying.

Zelos
February 3rd, 2006, 11:38 AM
Hitokiri: Yeah...I agree with Chairman Kaga. That would taste nothing like Mountain Dew does. Bleh, whatever you described would make me very sick o.O.

Anyway, currently sipping Sierra Mist 0.0

Chairman Kaga
February 3rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Sierra Mist.......I was at a food court last night and got some at the fountain, but somehow they'd forgotten to add the syrup to the carbonated water so I got a horrible surprise when I took a sip. Poured it out and got a mix of Diet Pepsi and Mountain Dew.

Zelos
February 3rd, 2006, 11:54 AM
....That sounds nasty. I was at Arby's a couple months back and I went to get some Dr. Pepper from the fountain and I wasn't really watching the soda come out so after I put the lid on and took a sip I almost spit it all out. I found that it was consisted of /much/ more water than syrup, needless to say I wasn't really in the mood to drink anymore of it >.>;;

Thomas
February 3rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
@Kaga: Ewww. I hate when that happens. But I am not that big a fan of Sierra Mist...isn't it suppose to be Pepsi's version of Mountian Dew...or is it their version of Sprite?

Chairman Kaga
February 3rd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Tyson: I actually never buy soda from Arby's when I can avoid it, they actually tend to rip people off on soda a lot...

Tomasu-san: It's Pepsi's version of Sprite, I believe......or is it their version of 7up? I'm really not sure myself, either x_x

Thomas
February 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, weird, anyway, I don't drink it. I like Sprite much better, but even when I drink Sprite I mostly drink Remix: Aruba Jam.

Zelos
February 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I didn't go to Arby's much after that, even though I love their roast beef >>

And, I'd have to say I like Mountain Dew and Sprite about the same. They both taste really good, but if I had to pick one it would have probably be Sprite.

Thomas
February 6th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Well Sprite and Mountian Dew aren't really in the same catagory. They do have some of the same flavors, but they aren't the same drink brougth out by two companies. Sprites comparison would be 7up.

HEY! Anyone remember dnL? it was 7up upside down...I thougth that was a good drink, I was kind mad that it didn't last...That and Surge (That could be called Mountian Dews "other")

Crunkn' Munky
February 8th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Mountain Dew has more flavor than Sprite but I still love them both...
I love Sunkist!!! Can I join?

pokejungle
February 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Hmmm~ I really liked Tab!

But now that's gone too ;---------;

Crunkn' Munky
February 8th, 2006, 03:48 PM
They still sell TAB, don't you know?

pokejungle
February 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Mountain Dew has more flavor than Sprite but I still love them both...
I love Sunkist!!! Can I join?
You can't join~ unless you cut down on the spam =3

Thomas
February 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Paul, they still sell Tab. I have seen it in the fidge packs...

Chairman Kaga
February 8th, 2006, 05:18 PM
dnL was incredible, but I believe that they still sell it in small quantities. The last time I checked, it was still made in 20 oz. cans, but I don't know now. I'll have to go to a gas station or the local CVS, because those two places seemed to be the last few holdouts of it.

Surge was excellent, and is still apparently so popular that the remaining unopened bottles from the late 90s can sell for over $50 for a few 20 oz. bottles. It's actually back under the name Vault in four or five states, but none near me so I can't give any more certain information on it.

I was excited to learn yesterday that Russia had their own personal Pepsi, that being Pepsi: Ice Cream, but, unfortunately, just as I was about to order one from the other side of the world to taste, I found out that it's actually Vanilla Pepsi under a different name...alas.

pokejungle
February 8th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Ok, I need to look for Tab again <3

You've given me hope ;P

Thomas
February 9th, 2006, 01:44 PM
I haven't drinken tab in SO long. I think the last time was I think 1993 or 1994...maybe before that. I might have to get one of those fridge packs to try it again.

Chairman Kaga
February 9th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Tomasu, I can attest to the current production of Tab as I considered buying a fridge pack the other day just to see what it tastes like, as I've never had it before, and I want to know what the last remaining vestige of 1970s soda tastes like.

Crunkn' Munky
February 10th, 2006, 12:06 PM
You can't join~ unless you cut down on the spam =3

How am I spamming?

The drink Tab was actually Coca-cola's first free sugar drink introduced in 1963. The name tab was named for people to keep tabs on their weights. The coca-cola company made bad expiriments on tab like rootbeer, orange, black cherry, and no calcium tab which drove fans away. But Tab now uses its original formula, and used to be sold in 12 oz. bottles. If anyone has pictures of classic tab please post them.

Thank you

~~crunkn' munkey~~

Thomas
February 10th, 2006, 04:34 PM
@Kaga: I saw that Vault drink you were talking about. But I saw it on the way out of a conveniece store AFTER I had already bought a Full Throtle Energy Drink.

Zelos
March 3rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
I love Vault. ^^ I was walking out of a Wal-Mart one time and they had this huge thing full of ice and bottles of Vault. They were just handing it out to people as they left the store o.O

(IUn short, this is a bump to the club XD)