PDA

View Full Version : Are You Smart?

Eon-Rider
January 20th, 2006, 06:28 AM
This is kinda something I stole from another board but... oh well!

I going to ask you 2 questions to test if you are smart or not! Try to answer them immediately.

First Question: In a race, you run pass the person who is coming second. What position are you now?

Scroll down for the answer.

If you said "first", you are incorrect. Think about it. You just beat the person coming 2nd therefore you are now 2nd.

Second Question: You're in a race and you pass the person coming last. What are you now?

Scroll down for the answer

If you said second last, then you're wrong! How can you pass the person coming last if they're last? XD

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 20th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Well, you outwitted me. Very cool. I like that and I will have to remember them when I get around my really brainy friends.

Eon-Rider
January 20th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Yeah... I got them wrong too.

THIRTY-SIX
January 20th, 2006, 06:51 AM
the first one i said 3rd O_o
but i got the last one right your first xD

Dragonite Tamer
January 20th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I got those both wrong, I'll be sure to tell my friends.

wakachamo
January 20th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah... I got that by e-mail, and yeah it did trick me XD

So simple.... yet so dumb XD

Supreme Edgeboy Max
January 20th, 2006, 09:27 AM
XD I said "third" for first one, and "nowhere" for second one. So does that give me one point out of two?

I'm 50% smart! =3

maxxa
January 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM
heres another
marys father has 5 daughters nini nono nana nene what is the name of the fith daughter
scroll down
mary! read the question again

Eon-Rider
January 20th, 2006, 10:20 AM
That's a good one. ;)
But I had a hard time reading that...

viridian doubletongue
January 20th, 2006, 10:24 AM
They're not hard. I got the first one & just thought the second was a typo or something.

maxxa
January 20th, 2006, 10:24 AM
lol all my m8s got lost i have another wana hear
take 90 add 1000 add 20 add 1000 add 80 then tell what do you have

THIRTY-SIX
January 20th, 2006, 10:29 AM
XD I said "third" for first one, and "nowhere" for second one. So does that give me one point out of two?

I'm 50% smart! =3
no you got both wrong, the first question is 2nd becase you become 2nd
and the second one is 1st because you lap them xD

Eon-Rider
January 20th, 2006, 10:36 AM
no you got both wrong, the first question is 2nd becase you become 2nd
and the second one is 1st because you lap them xD

Hey... I never noticed that! *goes to edit first post*

Edit: Hold on... But that means 2nd, 3rd etc. could be right too.

THIRTY-SIX
January 20th, 2006, 11:56 AM
meh... its usually juat the first place person that over takes the last person.... meh....

John Denver
January 20th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I got em both on the first try. This doesn't determine intelligence, it just determines whether or not you can answer those questions correctly.

www.emode.com

there ya go

Drummershuff
January 20th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I got the first one right, and i still don't understand the second one, i said last.

MUSION
February 9th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I got em both on the first try. This doesn't determine intelligence, it just determines whether or not you can answer those questions correctly.

Yeah, I agree. I got the first but didn't really get the second. I wasn't sure whether it ment the person in last place, or the person who was about to be taken over and put into last place.

Anyway I know I'm smart (I'm not trying to boast or sound bigheaded, I'm just telling the truth). I'm 15 and I'm taking my A-levels in Maths, I passes my Maths GCSE's when I was 13/14. I'm also doing my high level GCSE's in English and Science. Plus I've gotten an award for 'amazing achievment' from my school's governors.

When I was in primary/junior school I got Lv5's in all subjects at the age of 10. I am the all-round smartest person in my family. I'm the one who gets all the questions and is expected to always do well. It can get annoying.

Micans
February 9th, 2006, 03:50 PM
I've seen the first one before, so I knew it was second, and my reaction to the second question was "That makes no sense." So I win.

John Denver
February 9th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Anyway I know I'm smart (I'm not trying to boast or sound bigheaded, I'm just telling the truth). I'm 15 and I'm taking my A-levels in Maths, I passes my Maths GCSE's when I was 13/14. I'm also doing my high level GCSE's in English and Science. Plus I've gotten an award for 'amazing achievment' from my school's governors.

When I was in primary/junior school I got Lv5's in all subjects at the age of 10. I am the all-round smartest person in my family. I'm the one who gets all the questions and is expected to always do well. It can get annoying.

But you're not trying to brag right...?

2 paragraphs of not bragging? >_>

Micans
February 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I agree. I got the first but didn't really get the second. I wasn't sure whether it ment the person in last place, or the person who was about to be taken over and put into last place.

Well, I had an 11th grade reading level in 5th grade. And if I actually tried to do well in school, I would be one of the best students there, according to my 3rd grade teacher. And, in kindergarten, I caused my teacher to become stressed and have to quit in order to not die of stress.

John Denver
February 9th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I really don't think anyone cares you two. Trying to impress people online is the first sign of non-intelligence :P

Micans
February 9th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I really don't think anyone cares you two.

That's the point I was trying to make.

Lily
February 9th, 2006, 05:14 PM
lol~ I am *so* envious, now. o_o;

Anyway, no, I'm not smart. I managed to get the first one correct, but the second one doesn't qualify because I scrolled down by accident. XP

Anachronism
February 9th, 2006, 05:31 PM
I got the first one incorrect, but made a comeback on the second one.

So I guess that makes me semi-smart. =P

Himawarii
February 9th, 2006, 05:33 PM
O__O I didn't get any of them correct.And I am pretty clever with these jokes MOST of the time.

Outwitted for the 4th time today..new born record of non-intellegence XP

Sawyer
February 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM
This is just plain depressing. You're forcing people to brag by putting this up.. I got both correct, but this does not mean somebody is smart. This just means... you understand logic. And Dakota's absolutely right, bragging about supposed intelligence over the internet... pointless much?

Anachronism
February 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM
More less riddles, then brain milking logic.

But no, answering some questions isn't a clarification of intelligence.
Neither is academics, although it is widely accepted as so.

Knowledge just depends on your walk of life. In an indian tribe being smart could mean knowing where to hunt, etc.

Cloud_boy
February 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM
My peanut-size brain got them both wrong, and those questions are not about intelligence, they are about reading correctly.

Natsuki
February 9th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Both questions had me thinking quite carefully, as I can sometimes be easily stumped by trick questions. XD But I got both of them right on the first try, yay! =3 The second one made me think "...wtf? how can you pass the person currently in last place?" That was pretty much my answer right there. XD

~Kelsey

Samurai X
February 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I got one of them right and also the daughter question, I like these kind of questions. Yes, like Cloud said, it's about reading correctly.

Geometric-sama
February 9th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Gah, silly questions (yes, I got them both). XD They're like chain emails~

Hitokiri
February 10th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I got them both right on my first try ^^ I've totally seen the questions before though XD

Greed
February 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM

..I hate riddles.

I answered too fast and didn't think about it. =p[/font]

BaNd_GeEk
February 10th, 2006, 02:29 PM
hi!!!!! Sawyer, i hate valentines day to!

Chuchino
February 10th, 2006, 02:41 PM
... I got them both right, but does this really test how smart you are or how perceptive you are? =/

Either way, it's really cool =3

Drummershuff
February 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
I got the first one right, I still don't understand the second one.

Maverick
February 10th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Got them all right. Therefore, I must be one of the smartest people in the universe.

BluePhoenix
February 11th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Darn! I got both of them wrong XD I was sure I was going to be "first" in questiong 1! And the second was second last XD Shoot! I am not smart!

Yuka
February 11th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Mmm,I don't really think I am but I can be if I want to.

MUSION
February 11th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Anyway I know I'm smart (I'm not trying to sound bigheaded, I'm just telling the truth). I'm 15 and I'm taking my A-levels in Maths, I passes my Maths GCSE's when I was 13/14. I'm also doing my high level GCSE's in English and Science. Plus I've gotten an award for 'amazing achievment' from my school's governors.

Sorry everyone, I guess I was trying to boast a little. Sorry for being a showoff.

Esupio
February 12th, 2006, 06:24 AM
... random questions *shot'd*

I got the first one right and said first for the second cause you lap them

John Denver
February 12th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Got them all right. Therefore, I must be one of the smartest people in the universe.

I knew you'd bet banned...