PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Simple Questions

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

mxkpkmnextu??
April 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Hail
I would like to know how to make a checkitem and warp script...
Like in the presence of a specific item the character would be warped to another map and if not it would just play a message...
And can I create new key items for the game??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Hail
Can't anyone answer this to me????=S
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Christos
April 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Hi, does anyboy know of any tools for changing what Pokémon Trainers have in FireRed? If so, could you post here. Thanks
EDIT - I have another question, when i try and open a ROM in PET, it comes up with a message that says pokeroms.ini not found download it at helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/pokemon. But there's nothing there. I really need help with this.

Download Elite Map package with unLZ.First go to unLZ and find the sprite you want.Select save as and save it.Then open the saved pokemon sprite.Erase the other sprite first.With the pick color tool from paint do the background the same as before.Now paste the other pokemon you want to replace and make sure the background is the same as before.Then import it over the sprite you saved and select write to rom.

can any1 say what i need to get all the pokemon in emerald

i'm searching for a save game or hack to get all the pokemon

or is there a hack to get all the 3 pokmon in the bigin
I can do a hack for you.But only first evos not and you can evolve them.

Pazuzu
April 4th, 2006, 12:02 PM
What, this?
Nope, the link is broken.
No, this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1972319&postcount=2)!
The thread is nicely titled "AdvanceBattle request".
Also the post is dated March 18th, therefore not that old and easy to find.

Now for my question, to copy directly from my topic which nobody answered to =p:

"Okay, i've opened TLP and went to the offset where the badges are. I edited them to my liking and everything looked fine (I kept within the space limits, and even left the black line inbetween, as it is on the other badges)

But when I open the rom and look at the badges, they have random artifacts around the side, and through the centre is remains of the previous badge (I've even tried drawing over the black line, to no avail) and it even adds artifacts to the next badge along, even though I kept within the space limitations.

Anyone else know of this problem and how to fix it?"
Make sure you have adjusted the tile view correctly. (Using the -/+ keys.)
Most likely you haven't adjusted it right, and there fore have overwritten something of one badge with something of another. (Causing those artifacts.)

Hi, does anyboy know of any tools for changing what Pokémon Trainers have in FireRed? If so, could you post here. Thanks
EDIT - I have another question, when i try and open a ROM in PET, it comes up with a message that says pokeroms.ini not found download it at helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/pokemon. But there's nothing there. I really need help with this.
Hex-Editor is the best choice.
PET usually corrupts some of the Pokémon data when editing is. (Because of a bug when reading the data.)
However you can use it to easily find the offset for a Trainer's Pokémon.
What to do then has been answered just on the previous page.

The pokeroms.ini comes with EliteMap. Make sure that all files are in the same folder. (The ROM, PET, the pokeroms.ini.)

Can you input new trainers without saving it over the old trainers (in FR)
and how would I do that than? (if it's possible)
As far as I know there are no free Trainer slots.
However, if the data offsets are stored in a pointer table, you can easily repoint the table and add your new data offset at the bottom.

Hail
I would like to know how to make a checkitem and warp script...
Like in the presence of a specific item the character would be warped to another map and if not it would just play a message...
And can I create new key items for the game??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
The checkitem script has been posted on the previous pages of this thread. (Search function helps.)
It can easily be modified to match the script you want, by adding a Warp command to the True case.

Yes, you can. If you don't want your new Item to have any special abilities, just copy the Itemdata of an existing key Item over one of the free "??????" slots.
Then just give it a name and make it obtainable in the name. (Remember to leave important things, like the Item number just how they are. (Or change them back later on if you have overwritten them.)

Sprite_King
April 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM
None of my ROMs work with elitemap, TileMolester, Or Advance Map. It says

Select ROM in the pop-up box and it doesnt show any of my Roms.

Explain Please. Thank U

The Dash
April 4th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Are your roms extentions .gba? If they arnt then it wont work.

mxkpkmnextu??
April 4th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Yes, you can. If you don't want your new Item to have any special abilities, just copy the Itemdata of an existing key Item over one of the free "??????" slots.
Then just give it a name and make it obtainable in the name. (Remember to leave important things, like the Item number just how they are. (Or change them back later on if you have overwritten them.)

Hail
I don't get it what free ????? slots...=S
And another thing when I try to compile a script it always says:

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

I've reamed it to testing, ect, but it doesn't chage the situation=S...
[[]]
Stay Sick \m/

The_Bunny_King
April 5th, 2006, 03:16 AM
How Do You Make A Hack I Got A PKMN ruby rom but i dont know wot to do from there plz help... im a noob :P

AquaLeaderMatt
April 5th, 2006, 05:00 AM
You have to download some Hcking Tools. See the Tools Schowcase for them. I would recomend Advancemap for mapping, but Elitemap is good aswel.

Pazuzu
April 5th, 2006, 05:42 AM
None of my ROMs work with elitemap, TileMolester, Or Advance Map. It says

Select ROM in the pop-up box and it doesnt show any of my Roms.

Explain Please. Thank U As Dashiel said, your ROMs have to have the extensions *.gba, *.agb or *.bin.
You probably still have them compressed in a ZIP file. In that case, you have to unzip them.

Hail
I don't get it what free ????? slots...=S
And another thing when I try to compile a script it always says:

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

I've reamed it to testing, ect, but it doesn't chage the situation=S...
[[]]
Stay Sick \m/ "???????" slots are just free Item slots (unused Items), (just like the "TERU-SAMA" items in G/S/C) which you can turn into a new Item for example.

Make sure all files are in the same folder. (ROM + ScriptED + ScriptED's files.)
Else it doesn't find the files required for compiling.

How Do You Make A Hack I Got A PKMN ruby rom but i dont know wot to do from there plz help... im a noob :P A look at the stickied FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315) thread of this forum will surely help you.

Pokepearl
April 5th, 2006, 07:20 AM
If i open FireRed in PET, i get this error: (see thumbnail)

Can somone post those pics?

Pazuzu
April 5th, 2006, 07:50 AM
You just have to dump them using RS-Ball.
Load RS-Ball, select your ROM and "Pokémon" from the dropdowns and click on "Dump GFX bank".
Do the same for the Trainer pictures.
That will fix your error.

D-Trogh
April 5th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Any chance some of you have any Emerald tools? I've been searching for a starter changer, and I found Scizz responding "Hex it" to it everytime, and I'm lazy, so I'd like a tool ^^
I'd also like a wild pokémon editor, if possible.
And if someone happens to have a 386 patch, that'd be appreciated aswell ^^Well, I have a starter editor :-\
Don't know anymore if it's working, but it's from Mewthree9000.
He posted it on the previous forum/host..
So, ... [Look to attachement]
For Emerald, there are working tools like AM, EM, AdvancedText, ...

ptdo
April 5th, 2006, 09:35 AM
First of all, hello. I'm new around here (kinda obvious, no?), either way, I'm trying to make a script for pokemon ruby (axve), and it's a sudowoodo script, where the sprite disappears after the encounter, but I'm not being successful at this last part. Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance.

D-Trogh
April 5th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I'm not [YET] good at scripting, but I think you can do it by changing the sprite to somme transparant thing and let it disapear from the map.
Just put the event somewhere the player cant reach it :s

Pokepearl
April 5th, 2006, 10:01 AM
How can i give the tile the GRASS ATTRIBUTE? ^^'

ptdo
April 5th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I'm not [YET] good at scripting, but I think you can do it by changing the sprite to somme transparant thing and let it disapear from the map.
Just put the event somewhere the player cant reach it :s
I do appologise, yet, I do not understand what you mean, or beter put, how to move the sprite immediatly after the event (so it gets out of the way, kinda like Snorlax in FR or Sudowoodo itself in G/S/C)
I've tried to look at other similar scripts for the answer, but still, no luck. But do not get me wrong, I'm ver grateful for your effort :)

Pazuzu
April 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
First of all, hello. I'm new around here (kinda obvious, no?), either way, I'm trying to make a script for pokemon ruby (axve), and it's a sudowoodo script, where the sprite disappears after the encounter, but I'm not being successful at this last part. Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance. Add this in your script:
#raw 53
#raw 02 '<- Event's Index number
#raw 00 The above script will hide the Event with the Index No. 2 for example.

How can i give the tile the GRASS ATTRIBUTE? ^^' You can change the behaviours of a tile with Advance-Map's Block Editor.

ptdo
April 5th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Thank you for the help Scizz :)

mxkpkmnextu??
April 5th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Hail
One question... If I create a new map and I make a warp script to that map what's the reference?? like warp 0x????
And how can I put a description i a item created by me??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu
April 5th, 2006, 10:24 AM
As EliteMap's "commands.html" tells you:
warp (39)
warp bBank bMap bExit Just replace bBank, bMap and bExit with your new Map's Bank, Map number and Warp Number to warp to.

Example: If you Map is Bank 0, Map 1 and Warp 2:
warp 0x0 0x1 0x2

Just change the description pointer in the Item data to point to your new description text.

Pokepearl
April 5th, 2006, 11:04 AM
You can change the behaviours of a tile with Advance-Map's Block Editor.
Set it on Grass Animation?

AquaLeaderMatt
April 5th, 2006, 11:05 AM
OK, thanks Scizz!!! I really aprriciate it!

charimon
April 5th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Set it on Grass Animation?
go to block editor and than it's on the left side just scroll up or down and search (that is not so hard) for grass animtation...

Greiv
April 5th, 2006, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Scizz]No, this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1972319&postcount=2)!

English version, please.

Nightshroud
April 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I'm new at hacking, and I have no idea where to start. I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. How should I go about posting screens, if I'm the only one working on the hack?
2. How important is it to know how to hex edit, and is it difficult?
3. What are the most popular tools for hacking Ruby? What about Sapphire? Or Emerald? FireRed/LeafGreen? I need to know!
4. Is it really hard to make a hack by yourself?
5. How do I go about getting people to help with the hack, if I can't do it by myself?
6. What is the average time to make a complete beta for a hack?

Any answers to the questions here, if you could, PM them to me.

Thanx,
Nightshroud

mxkpkmnextu??
April 5th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Hail
Is this Script right???
#autobank on

#org 0x6FD114
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
checkitem 0x10B
#raw 47
#raw D 10B
#raw 0 10B
#raw 1 1
#raw 0 1
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x800150
msgbox 0x800300
callstd 0x6
warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
end

#org 0x800150
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= This is SKYWING's WIND EGG.\nIt's said to protect the city\nfrom upcoming evils...\pIn acient wars this egg was thought\nto give people the strength to raise\nthe city from the ashes...

#org 0x800300
= Huh?!\nYour RAINBOW ASH got brighter...

#org 0x800400
= Huh?!\nSuddendly the wind got stronger\pfor an instant.
Could you also give me the pallete of the professor for tpl2002??
And I wanted to know if in a script when want to input the cry command you put it this way eg.:torchic cry 118???
[[[[[ ]]]]]
Stay Sick\m/

waregreymon
April 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM
where can you get a trainer editor that can change a trainers pokemon?

trevorscrazy
April 5th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm working on my 'first hack'.. sorta just a 'for fun' hack for me and my friends, but i'll probably end up posting it.

Anyway, i've been trying to figure out how to change the event where the old man gives you the TEACHY TV in Viridian so that he gives you the national dex so there isn't the whole evolution issue... any ideas?

Mini
April 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/93/10ln.png
^
how do i fix it

charimon
April 6th, 2006, 09:35 AM
oke i wanted to input this script on FR but i don't know if it's correct and what's wrong with it then...

'-----------------------
#org 0x0x74a100
trainerbattle 0x0 0x13E 0x0 0x74a110 0x74a120
special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 jump 0x74a130
msgbox 0x74a140 '"Listen, you. If you'..."
callstd 0x6
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x74a130
trainerbattle 0x5 0x13E 0x0 0x74a150 0x74a160
msgbox 0x74a170 '"If you're going to g..."
callstd 0x6
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x74a110
= If you have POKéMON with you, then\nyou're an official POKéMON TRAINER!\lYou can't say no to my challenge!
#org 0x74a120
= Arrgh, I lost...\nI should have trained mine more...
#org 0x74a140
= Listen, you. If you're strong, you\nshould have told me before!
#org 0x74a150
= Ever since I lost to you, I desperately\ntrained my POKéMON.\lYou can't say no to my challenge!
#org 0x74a160
= Arrgh, I lost...\nIs my training method not right?
#org 0x74a170
= If you're going to get stronger, I'll\nget stronger, too.

so is it correct? cause i tried it but i get runtime error so i just wanted to know if it's because of the script or do i mis something...

xMeteorxStriker
April 6th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I need a picture of pallet town anyone?

Acses
April 6th, 2006, 03:10 PM
hi sup..
i got some problems and i hope you can help
thanks in advance
1.when i change some spirit and try to "write it to the game" in unlzGBA i got some error
"compressed size is: 344 which is to big. aborting" what's the deal?
2.i can't use pokepic for some reason i open a rom and nothing happens i try to inster a number and press enter and it exits the program
what can i do
all those above is with fire red rom
i tryed the search function and found nothing on it
sorry for any miss types

mewthree9000
April 6th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Ok.. Now that Xeon is done with his amazing boasting and flaming abilities, I will try to help you... The "Compressed size is: 344 which is to big. aborting" error in UnLZ-GBA is telling you that the image you are writing as data is larger then the original image data in the ROM. So basically it is saving your a**... Because if it would insert with the data size larger it would cause corruption in other things, because of data overwriting other data... Which is bad. So learn to repoint. Repointing will save you from this problem. Repointing is when you insert data into a freespace area away from other data, so you have plenty of room to insert larger data sizes. Then you change the offset the game reads from to the new offset and you're done.. There should be a tutorial somewhere on repointing images.. I'm not sure where... And as for PokePic... There is one answer. Dont use it.

Aon
April 6th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Soz for being a noob, but is there any easy way to find unused pointers?
I can use a hex-editor, i just don't know how to use it to fin unused pointers.

LukeHawk
April 7th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Okay, I am a serious Newbie...um...:embarrass
how do you hack a game?

what programs do I need?

can you hack any rom game or does it have to be pokemon?

cwazycwis
April 7th, 2006, 12:25 AM
create an intro patch, like the no intro patch or the mugs patch you see on some of them

Aon
April 7th, 2006, 12:30 AM
You can hack most roms. Programs can be found in the tools shocase part of the forum.
This site is for hacking pokemon. Tutorials may be found in the tutorials forum.
may I be the first to Welcome you to the Scary world of Rom Hacking!

LukeHawk
April 7th, 2006, 12:50 AM
he he, lol thanks Aon

I will look in those sections right away.

D a n i e l
April 7th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Hi Guys!
I find it's really easy to make a game but I want to change my Trainer etc.
Can someone tell me a programm? And can someone tell me a programm - for the title screen?
Sorry but I'm new...

Alistair
April 7th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know the offsets for Gold tiles?

Aon
April 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM

What do you mean by this?
You can use Cyclone, in conjunction with some other programs to change the intro.

Evil_Sasuke
April 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know how edit the pokemon that the prof. sends out in the intro for emerald?

Mini
April 7th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know how edit the pokemon that the prof. sends out in the intro for emerald?

If your making a fakemon hack its easy you use UNLZ.GBA you just replace azurill and auto fix pointers expot pallete and the 1rst bubble

mxkpkmnextu??
April 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Hail
If you are saying about put another pokemon like instead of the azurill put a nosepass lets say you should use the introed(check in the toll case for that)...
But the thing is when he realeses it the sound will be of an azurill and not the pokemon you choose=S...
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Blazichu
April 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I need the text block and bank for Silver Wing, which is on a signpost using Gold Map.

Pazuzu
April 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM
No, this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1972319&postcount=2)!

English version, please. There is no english version.
The german version comes with language files.

I'm new at hacking, and I have no idea where to start. I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. How should I go about posting screens, if I'm the only one working on the hack?
2. How important is it to know how to hex edit, and is it difficult?
3. What are the most popular tools for hacking Ruby? What about Sapphire? Or Emerald? FireRed/LeafGreen? I need to know!
4. Is it really hard to make a hack by yourself?
5. How do I go about getting people to help with the hack, if I can't do it by myself?
6. What is the average time to make a complete beta for a hack?

Any answers to the questions here, if you could, PM them to me.

Thanx,
Nightshroud 1. Just post them. Click on "Manage Attachments" when postinga new Reply/Thread and upload them.

2. It is important if you want to change things tools can't change for you yet. It's not difficult if you have structures to work with.

3. You can't really say that some tools are popular, because they all serve for different purposes.

4. No.

5. Ask them. Post in the Help request thread in the Hacking Groups forum for example or join a Hacking Inc.

6. You really can't say that. It all depends on how fast you work, what you want to change, etc.

Hail
Is this Script right???
Could you also give me the pallete of the professor for tpl2002??
And I wanted to know if in a script when want to input the cry command you put it this way eg.:torchic cry 118???
[[[[[ ]]]]]
Stay Sick\m/ checkitem 0x10B
#raw 47
#raw D 10B
#raw 0 10B
#raw 1 1
#raw 0 1
Some things are bothering me here... there is no "checkitem" command in the command reference yet.
Also, "raw" commands can only have 2 characters (Hex).
So you want to check if there's 1 10B item in your bag?
Use this instead of the above:
#raw 47
#raw 0B
#raw 1
#raw 1
#raw 0

Why don't you have a look in the commands.html of EliteMap?
All commands and usage is explained there.

cry (30)
cry iSpecies iUnknown
Plays back the cry of the specified Pokémon. Normally used for tame Pokémon such as the movers in R/S.

Example:
cry PKMN_PIKACHU

where can you get a trainer editor that can change a trainers pokemon? PET: Comes with EliteMap. (Hacking Tools Reference.)
TrainerBattleCustomizer XP: Hacking Tools Reference.
TrainerBattleCustomizer: Hacking Tools Reference.
AdvanceBattle: Link posted in this thread and the Main Hacking discussion.

I'm working on my 'first hack'.. sorta just a 'for fun' hack for me and my friends, but i'll probably end up posting it.

Anyway, i've been trying to figure out how to change the event where the old man gives you the TEACHY TV in Viridian so that he gives you the national dex so there isn't the whole evolution issue... any ideas? Just remove the part where he gives you the TV (most likely a flag or Item command), and insert the setflag command of the NationalDEX for it.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/93/10ln.png
^
how do i fix it When inserting an Image, insert it to free space. That way your other Images won't get corrupted.
Just export the picture out of another (clean) ROM and insert it again in the ROM it got corrupted in.
Also watch the sizes of the drawn area on the Image.

oke i wanted to input this script on FR but i don't know if it's correct and what's wrong with it then...

so is it correct? cause i tried it but i get runtime error so i just wanted to know if it's because of the script or do i mis something... On the first offset line:
#org 0x0x74a100 Remove one 0x from the offset command.
That is your error.

I need a picture of pallet town anyone? Open the Map in AdvanceMap and use the "Tools->Save Map picture" command.

Soz for being a noob, but is there any easy way to find unused pointers?
I can use a hex-editor, i just don't know how to use it to fin unused pointers. All pointers to free space are unused.
Once you have found some free space, just calculate the pointer of it if you need it.

create an intro patch, like the no intro patch or the mugs patch you see on some of them You edit your ROM, then use LIPS or anther Patching tool to create a Patch out of it (by comparing the changed and unchanged ROM).

Hi Guys!
Can someone tell me a programm? And can someone tell me a programm - for the title screen?
Sorry but I'm new... For the Trainer, if you mean sprite, then you can use unLZ-GBA and TLP, which come with EliteMap.
If you mean In-Battle Pokémon of a Trainer, then you can use PET, TrainerBattleCustomizer or AdvanceBattle.

For the Title screen, you can use Cyclone by Mewthree, or a Hex-Editor, together with unLZ-GBA.

Does anyone know how edit the pokemon that the prof. sends out in the intro for emerald? Hex-Editor. The Pokémopn value bytes are set within the Intro routine. There you can change what Pokémon is sent out, and what cry is used.

Or like mxkpkmnextu?? said, you can use IntroED by Mewthree.

I need the text block and bank for Silver Wing, which is on a signpost using Gold Map. GoldMap should show you the Bank and Block of the Text if you view the Signpost properties.

Greiv
April 8th, 2006, 08:25 AM
There is no english version.
The german version comes with language files.

Yes, I tried using it though it did not work, I selected English, and it didn't work.

Christos
April 8th, 2006, 08:49 AM
can any1 say what i need to get all the pokemon in emerald

i'm searching for a save game or hack to get all the pokemon

or is there a hack to get all the 3 pokmon in the bigin

Look here:http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/save/921905.html

Marc12
April 8th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Hey this just a question involving the clean english rom of Emerald. I find that when I beat the elite 4, it deletes my save file. Anybody else experience this? Is there a patch or something? This sucks because there are a lot of extras in Emerald after the Elite 4 and I really wanna finish them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

Pazuzu
April 8th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Yes, I tried using it though it did not work, I selected English, and it didn't work.
Than you'll have to use it in German, or switch to a different program.

Hey this just a question involving the clean english rom of Emerald. I find that when I beat the elite 4, it deletes my save file. Anybody else experience this? Is there a patch or something? This sucks because there are a lot of extras in Emerald after the Elite 4 and I really wanna finish them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.
Your problem is explained in the Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315) thread, which is stickied at the top of this forum.

charimon
April 8th, 2006, 12:03 PM
k so i inputted this script but when i checked it the screen turned red why?
here is the script

'-----------------------
#org 0x74a100
trainerbattle 0x0 0x13E 0x0 0x74a110 0x74a120
special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 jump 0x74a130
msgbox 0x74a140 '"Listen, you. If you'..."
callstd 0x6
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x74a130
trainerbattle 0x5 0x13E 0x0 0x74a150 0x74a160
msgbox 0x74a170 '"If you're going to g..."
callstd 0x6
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x74a110
= If you have POKéMON with you, then\nyou're an official POKéMON TRAINER!\lYou can't say no to my challenge!
#org 0x74a120
= Arrgh, I lost...\nI should have trained mine more...
#org 0x74a140
= Listen, you. If you're strong, you\nshould have told me before!
#org 0x74a150
= Ever since I lost to you, I desperately\ntrained my POKéMON.\lYou can't say no to my challenge!
#org 0x74a160
= Arrgh, I lost...\nIs my training method not right?
#org 0x74a170
= If you're going to get stronger, I'll\nget stronger, too.

i got this script from ruby to input it on FR is that the prob... I did change the hex ...

asia
April 8th, 2006, 01:42 PM
i was wondering how you guys create your hacking tools to edit the pokemon games.

Myuu619
April 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I wanted to know how to add maps in FR/Lg and connect them to existing maps in the game

Thanks in advance

Aon
April 9th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Asia, there is a tutorial on doing this in the Documents and Tutorials part of the forum.

bottledfart
April 9th, 2006, 06:54 AM
I'm confused with all the banks and levels and stuff......HELP please!

Greiv
April 9th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Is there a tool to edit the names of the trainers?

Pazuzu
April 9th, 2006, 07:53 AM
k so i inputted this script but when i checked it the screen turned red why?
here is the script

i got this script from ruby to input it on FR is that the prob... I did change the hex ... Your offsets are wrong. With these offsets, once one code-block has been written to the ROM, you overwrite half of it with the next code-block and so on.
That's what should be what is causing your error.

i was wondering how you guys create your hacking tools to edit the pokemon games. Tools are developed in a programming language. (Like Visual Basic, C, C++, etc.)
If you want to create your own tool, you will have to learn one of them.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I wanted to know how to add maps in FR/Lg and connect them to existing maps in the game

Thanks in advance Both can be done in Advance-Map.
Since it has a nice Map-adding function, which allows you to add new Maps to games easily. (The "INS" button on the Toolbar.)
Then you can easily connect them to other Maps by using the build-in Connection Manager. (The 4-direction arrow button on the Toolbar.)

I'm confused with all the banks and levels and stuff......HELP please! Short and (hopefully) easy summary:
Level is just another word for the Maps in the game. Each Level in a Bank has it's own Index number. (EliteMap shows them in Hex.)
Banks are, so to say, "containers" for the Levels (Maps). Again, each Bank has their own Index number in the game. (Also shown in Hex.)
The Bank and Level numbers together form a unique number, by which a Map can be identified in the game.

For example:
-Bank 00, Map 00 -> Petalburg
-Bank 00, Map 09 -> Littleroot
-Bank 01, Map 00 -> Your House
etc.

Is there a tool to edit the names of the trainers?
Hex-Editor + Table file, Advance-Text, PET.

Greiv
April 9th, 2006, 10:18 AM
What? How do you do/get that?

D a n i e l
April 9th, 2006, 10:48 AM
My question has been answered!
First I wanted to make my hack in German (my Language) but now in english i can edit the hack better

Aon
April 10th, 2006, 01:08 AM
I'm using introEd and Advance map to change the start.
I've done it, and completly removed to starting bit with mom talking.
However I mus have screwed something up as now, whenever i enter the house, the Latios event triggers. (the T.v. one) Veiwing this ounce dosn't fix it and it keeps on coming back. Btw thank you Scizz.

Acses
April 10th, 2006, 09:36 AM
i tryed to search but found nothing!
where the hack are all the intro sprites?
the hero/female hero
oak
gary
i can find them but not the spirtes that shown in the begining
please HELP

Pazuzu
April 10th, 2006, 09:49 AM
What? How do you do/get that? You visit a Site mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference, download the Tools and just edit it.
A Tutorial on how to edit texts with a Hex-Editor is posted in the Tutorial forum.
Same for an Advance-Text Tutorial.
When using PET, you can easily change the name after you selected a Trainer.

I'm using introEd and Advance map to change the start.
I've done it, and completly removed to starting bit with mom talking.
However I mus have screwed something up as now, whenever i enter the house, the Latios event triggers. (the T.v. one) Veiwing this ounce dosn't fix it and it keeps on coming back. Btw thank you Scizz. Level Scripts are a thing of their own at the moment.
Most likely your editing of said Script has corrupted something in the House Map.
The easiest would be to go back to your backup copy and redo the changes you made.

i tryed to search but found nothing!
where the hack are all the intro sprites?
the hero/female hero
oak
gary
i can find them but not the spirtes that shown in the begining
please HELP The Intro sprites are all uncompressed, therefore you can not find/edit them with unLZ-GBA.
You have to do it with Tile Layer Pro or Tile-Molester.
Their offsets have been posted in this thread, so I suggest you to go through the previous pages. (The search function will be helpful too.)

Shining Salamence
April 10th, 2006, 05:02 PM
ok this is a basic problem with emulation, since it occurs in all of my advance roms. Whenever i play emerald, fr, lg, or sapphire, whenever i try to throw a poke ball the emulator always freezes up and i have to start from the last point. I'm using VBA v1.71 for mac os x. I won't say where i got the roms. I can't catch any pokemon because of this!

Aon
April 10th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Use Vba 1.72 and make sure that the roms are pure.

Pokepearl
April 11th, 2006, 03:21 AM
I hack Fr, and i'm a little bit confused, because if somebody trow a pokeball, i get this: (See image -- Lot of hearts flowers etc.) But, that hack is crashed... How can i do that effect again in my new rom?

Zereox
April 11th, 2006, 01:04 PM
hi i just started hacking ruby but how do i change the Boy/Girl Trainer,Gym leader and sprites of char and the sprites of the pokemon when you see them out of a fight can som tell me how do i extract or change them.

Thanks.

Aon
April 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Zereox, you cn change the pokemons sprites in Pokepic. Find the pokemon, the extract the pic you want. Edit, then import it back in.
You can also use Ulnz.gba, however, then you have a minor worry of Shiney/Non Shiney palettes.

Shining Salamence
April 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Use Vba 1.72 and make sure that the roms are pure.

vba 1.72 isn't available for Mac OS X.

Aon
April 11th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Sorry, I didn't see that you were using a mac. I should have lookedmore carefully.
I don't know much about emulation on macs.

robkellas
April 12th, 2006, 05:00 AM
how do you change the main menu of pokemon gold?

Pazuzu
April 12th, 2006, 10:25 AM
ok this is a basic problem with emulation, since it occurs in all of my advance roms. Whenever i play emerald, fr, lg, or sapphire, whenever i try to throw a poke ball the emulator always freezes up and i have to start from the last point. I'm using VBA v1.71 for mac os x. I won't say where i got the roms. I can't catch any pokemon because of this! This seems to be a problem with your VBA for Mac, since it's working on the windows version.
Either try downloading a newer Version, or submit a bug report to the developers.

I hack Fr, and i'm a little bit confused, because if somebody trow a pokeball, i get this: (See image -- Lot of hearts flowers etc.) But, that hack is crashed... How can i do that effect again in my new rom? What image?
Maybe you should post an actual image, so we know what you're talking about.

how do you change the main menu of pokemon gold? Define "change the main menu of pokemon gold".
Do you just want to change the entries? (Text editing)
Do you want to change what things are displayed?

Deokishisu
April 12th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I am hacking Firered and I can't compile my script into the game. I always get this:

Runtime error '13':
Type mismatch

How do i fix it?

Pazuzu
April 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Most likely you have used the wrong amount of parameters for a command/have used an invalid parameter.
Mind posting the script here?

Deokishisu
April 12th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Most likely you have used the wrong amount of parameters for a command/have used an invalid parameter.
Mind posting the script here?

Sure:

#org 0x6B0000
message 0x71A56C
boxset 0x4end

#org 0x71A56c
=Wait! Don't go out!

See, what's wrong with it? I used the Simple Script Creator Program for it.

Pazuzu
April 12th, 2006, 12:21 PM
#autobank on
#org 0x6B0000
message 0x71A56C
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x71A56c
=Wait! Don't go out! That should work.
You simple had to put the "end" on a new line.

Deokishisu
April 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM
#autobank on
#org 0x6B0000
message 0x71A56C
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x71A56c
=Wait! Don't go out! That should work.
You simple had to put the "end" on a new line.

Thank you, it compiled. But now I edited what some random guy in Pallet Town said with the offset to test it out and they don't say anything at all, they don't even turn when you try to talk to them.

Pazuzu
April 12th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Well, you have to add that to the script too.
#autobank on
#org 0x6B0000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x71A56C
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x71A56C
= Wait! Don't go out! Also corrected an error in the boxset command.
Why would you want the box to stay open if nothing happens after the text has been said? o.o
4 means stay open, 2 means close after keypress.
Tested and it should work.

Deokishisu
April 12th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Well, you have to add that to the script too.
#autobank on
#org 0x6B0000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x71A56C
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x71A56C
= Wait! Don't go out! Also corrected an error in the boxset command.
Why would you want the box to stay open if nothing happens after the text has been said? o.o
4 means stay open, 2 means close after keypress.
Tested and it should work.

Sorry to keep bugging you but, now the game freezes up when I talk to the person.
Also, when I start the game the screen stays white and I have to load my save from the menu.

Eversoquiet
April 12th, 2006, 01:12 PM
every time i replace a trainer with unlz, all his colours r changed, and i dont know how to get the right colour pallete....can someone help?And now, when i try to load a message apears to me that says: compressed size is: 38C. Which is too big. Aborting. Wht's this suposed to mean???

-Zero
April 12th, 2006, 03:46 PM
And now, when i try to load a message apears to me that says: compressed size is: 38C. Which is too big. Aborting. Wht's this suposed to mean???

When you save it untick the box that says "Auto abort if image is bigger". That should solve it. But no matter what it will save with 16 colors.

And my question...is there anyway to get it to 16 colors without loosing quality?/Use more colors than 16?

Genetic Clone
April 13th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Hi Everybody
Is there a Editor for all the stuff? I heared about the pokemob or some but that one isnt for public:(

Pikachu_King
April 13th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Hi Everybody
Is there a Editor for all the stuff? I heared about the pokemob or some but that one isnt for public:(
pokemod was an april fools day joke, 2 years in a row, but people sitll fell for it.

though mewthree is working on an awesome tool that does almost anything.

Kitty Face
April 14th, 2006, 01:34 AM
I'm trying to add one of my own Pokemon creations into the game.

The images are interlaced PNGs.

I've tried PokePic which just gives a discoloured image of the original Pokemon and the program that comes with EliteMap (there's a tutorial for it here on PC). When I use that program, it doesn't even display the Pokemon sprites.. it's just a bunch of dissolved images of various sizes (large and small), looks like it could be maps.

Any alternatives or something I can do to fix these problems? Do the images need specific dimensions in order to work? I have them cropped down to as small as they can be.

Fusioneer
April 14th, 2006, 01:43 AM
i tried to put in james in a pokemon game with unlz and it worked but later i wanted to change him a little bit and now i can't write him to the rom it says size is too big 2A0 but the only thing i did was add colors and change some (i took the colors from the original hero picture and james will be the hero)

Christos
April 14th, 2006, 04:03 AM
i tried to put in james in a pokemon game with unlz and it worked but later i wanted to change him a little bit and now i can't write him to the rom it says size is too big 2A0 but the only thing i did was add colors and change some (i took the colors from the original hero picture and james will be the hero)

When you write the sprite to the rom untick "Abort if size is bigger"

Roxie Mika
April 14th, 2006, 04:30 AM
When you write the sprite to the rom untick "Abort if size is bigger"

Uh, no. That's the worst advice you can give. 'Untick'ing that box could over-write important data, and then the hacker's rom is toast... ._.

Burn-unit
April 14th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Sniff...Scizz...you bring a tear to my eye...those were truly inspirational words. Hi, I am a newb, but a 'bursting' newb. No, not full of pork pies or anything, but always got ideas up in tha ol' noggin'. And I've got wicked pokemon ideas. So...can someone point me in the right direction for hacking kit, and what I should REALLY be using. Thanx, peace out.

Aon
April 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I'm scared, but you can find help in Docs+Tut's part of the forum. You can find some usful hacking tools in the Tools Showcase part. And yes Scizz is a god.

Fl0W:HHGURU
April 14th, 2006, 05:25 PM
This might be in thw rong place, but im not really sure so sorry if it is. I just download VBA and downloaded a few saved game files, just wondering why they dont show up when i click "Open"
Thanks in advance.

Aon
April 14th, 2006, 11:08 PM
You can't just open a save file. You open the respective rom then if the romname and save game name are the same+ they both are and from EXACT same rom then you just open it ingame, like you would a game on a normal gba.

Now, this may belong in simple q's, but it seemed more appropriate here.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Aonshix/Pokemon_Ruby_Hack_03.png
I think this is cos of a Truck level scrpt. I edited the starting map using introED.
(Trainers room)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Aonshix/Pokemon_Ruby_Hack_01.png
This is part of my edited Back of truck map. I cannot explain the glitch, but thats why i'm asking isn't it?

Does anyone have any info on why either of these may have ocured.

psyduck101
April 15th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I'm playing the ROM of Hey You Pikachu on my 1964 emulator, is there a plug in to get the voice thing to work (i already have a working microphone) i was just wondering...

could, if it exists, someone, give me a link...

thanx

psyduck101

Oxnite
April 15th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Anyone please tell:

How can i fix this in unLZ GBA, I have opened Pokémon Emerald:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6503/wtfisthis0je.png

Aon
April 15th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Psyduck, there is not currently any plugin which allows the voice input required for "Hey You, pikachu!". As it is only needed for one game, I doubt anyone will bother either.

Zereox
April 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Hi,Im using Usenti(beacause you see palette and can change it) to change my pokemon sprite but how do i change the palette whitout making the image UN-Indexe when i import it whit UNLZGBA.

Secon Question-----------------------------------

What are the GOTO number to go to the Trainer sprites in ULZGBA.

Thanks to anyome responding and helping me make my Hacks Possible.

Micklo
April 16th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Everytime I edit a map in either EliteMap or AdvanceMap, the ROM fails to load in VisualBoyAdvance.
What am I doing wrong?

Christos
April 16th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Uh, no. That's the worst advice you can give. 'Untick'ing that box could over-write important data, and then the hacker's rom is toast... ._.

No, if the sprite was sure not resized then nothing will happen.

viridian doubletongue
April 16th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I have a question. For G/S.

Is there a way to change the types of tiles? i.e changing a wall tile into a door tile.

The Dash
April 16th, 2006, 10:05 AM
No, if the sprite was sure not resized then nothing will happen.
No christos...It corrupts it nomatter what. I tryed importing a new Charmander sprite and it was "Too big" (in file size.) I unticked and it made my whole rom go poof.

Trainer_Kris
April 16th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Okay, I'm totally new to all this stuff, i was just searching google to find some screenshots and found this. I was like, "How do people change the games?" So, I'm sorry if someone asked this before but this looked interesting to make the games different, but, how do you even do that? I mean give me the basics, begginer stuff, what you need, and how to start off. Please an thank you!

Christos
April 16th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well what one is better for hacking?
Advance Map

Okay, I'm totally new to all this stuff, i was just searching google to find some screenshots and found this. I was like, "How do people change the games?" So, I'm sorry if someone asked this before but this looked interesting to make the games different, but, how do you even do that? I mean give me the basics, begginer stuff, what you need, and how to start off. Please an thank you!

Search in Tools Showcase
All programs are there,for mapping,scripting...

Pokepearl
April 17th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Is there a program to edit Emerald starters?

Aon
April 17th, 2006, 01:37 AM
I don't think so. I think you will have to Hex it to be truthful. Or wait for poketronic.

Pokepearl
April 17th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Is there a version of EM, that can open Emerald?
I try it with 3.7 but i get an runtime error..

roger
April 17th, 2006, 03:04 AM
i downloaded pokemon emerald but its only up to the league it can't go no further, can anyone help me out with where i can download the complete version , the other problem i am gettin is that the one i download has no time its saying the internal battery has run dry plss help me out

Trainer_Kris
April 17th, 2006, 05:33 AM
okay, so I have this sapphire ROM and Hex Workshop, what do I do now? It's just a bunch of symbols on the ROM and numbers on Hex!

How do I test my game? Do you put the pokemon sapphire cartridge in the computer?!

Christos
April 17th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Is there a version of EM, that can open Emerald?
I try it with 3.7 but i get an runtime error..

It doesn't work with emetald,you have to wait for the next version..
A starter changer is DS starter changer

Roxie Mika
April 17th, 2006, 02:50 PM
i downloaded pokemon emerald but its only up to the league it can't go no further, can anyone help me out with where i can download the complete version , the other problem i am gettin is that the one i download has no time its saying the internal battery has run dry plss help me out

ROMs and links to ROMs aren't allowed here on PokeCommunity (or the PokeCommunity chatroom... <.<).

okay, so I have this sapphire ROM and Hex Workshop, what do I do now? It's just a bunch of symbols on the ROM and numbers on Hex!

How do I test my game? Do you put the pokemon sapphire cartridge in the computer?!

No, and if you were to stick the cartridge in your computer, it wouldn't be working much longer... o.o
To hack your ROM, you need AdvanceMap or EliteMap to start out. You'll find those in the Tools and Important Files thread in Tools showcase.

To test out your ROM, you should use VisualBoyAdvance. (http://vba.ngemu.com/)

And Christos, what the flying fish is DS Starter Changer? At least provide a link to it... .-.

Kitty Face
April 17th, 2006, 07:17 PM
How do you figure out a new room's offset value?

The new rooms I made and linked together with the main map work, but it's just a black screen when I enter them. I was told it had something to do with the offset value.

Christos
April 17th, 2006, 09:49 PM

The new rooms I made and linked together with the main map work, but it's just a black screen when I enter them. I was told it had something to do with the offset value.

If you have adv.map 1.80/1.81 then you can search for the offset.

Trainer_Kris
April 18th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Okay, I have Advance Map, but i only understand the physical feature part, not the events, movement, and all the other stuff. When I changed where the houses were, and I tested the game, my mom took me in an invisible house and when i got out i couldn't go in any house.

I also got SSC3 and I have no clue how to work that. I need a sprite editor too.

Christos
April 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Okay, I have Advance Map, but i only understand the physical feature part, not the events, movement, and all the other stuff. When I changed where the houses were, and I tested the game, my mom took me in an invisible house and when i got out i couldn't go in any house.

I also got SSC3 and I have no clue how to work that. I need a sprite editor too.

Adv.Map can't change the location u start and u should change the warps in the events view so that they can match with thh houses.And the movement permissions view so that u can move!!!
A sprite editor is MS Paint!
Just use the magnifier and edit block by block.
SSC3 is for creating scripts, you create them and use scriptED to add your scripts in a rom

Eversoquiet
April 18th, 2006, 03:08 PM
can someone tell me the numbers of the offsets of the gym badges of emerald (on unlz)???

Red1530
April 18th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Is it possable to add night to R/S/E and if so how?

Roxie Mika
April 18th, 2006, 06:05 PM
How many times is this gonna be asked...? .-.

It's impossible to add night to the Pokemon Advance games, unless you use the Weather Effect "Bit dark", and even then, you can only use it if you want it to be night in every area or something dumb like that... o.o

Christos
April 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM
You can add a script that when u talk to someone it gets a bit dark but with hex i think you can make the bit dark at six o' clock according to your clock and sunny in the morning...

can someone tell me the numbers of the offsets of the gym badges of emerald (on unlz)???
156:Hoenn
157:Kanto

Can some one tell me how to insert a script ?
With scriptED,comes with EliteMap package
Write the script you want save it as an .rbc and then compile it in the rom.

Pokepearl
April 19th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Can someone help me te make a script for emerald, that:

the guy says:

Here! Take this! If you learn it to one of your pokémon, it can surf over the water!

And than he's giving you the HM surf.

reekingofrandomness
April 19th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

but when i try to open my Fire Red rom with Elite map i get 'Invalid map pointers in INI'

Kitty Face
April 19th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Sorry if this is in the wrong place...

but when i try to open my Fire Red rom with Elite map i get 'Invalid map pointers in INI'

I'm not much of a hacker, really, I can't figure out what the heck I'm doing myself, but if it's previously been edited, the ROM may be damaged, that's happened to me a couple of times for no reason where I'll get strange errors. Whenever you're making a hack make sure you make back-up copies just in case something goes wrong.

Try getting a fresh ROM that you're positive works with no hacking done to it, to make sure the program is working right. ^_^

PikaPook
April 20th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Someone Have tutorial for scripting in scripted?
and i dont understand,
how do i find offests of scripts?

Pokepearl
April 20th, 2006, 06:17 AM
How can i edit the Pokémon Grass animation?

mxkpkmnextu??
April 20th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Someone Have tutorial for scripting in scripted?
and i dont understand,
how do i find offests of scripts?

Hail
Check for the tutorial in the tutorial page in this forum
The offsets you can find by using a program like hex workshop the offsets with FF bytes are free for you to use
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

How can i edit the Pokémon Grass animation?

Hail
Use AM 1.8.1 (Advance map 1.8.1) block editor...
Select byte behavior and choose the option you want
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pokepearl
April 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I know, but i mean the ANIMATION... The pic...

Evil_Sasuke
April 20th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Hey can some one help me out. I'm trying to recreate the sproute tower from gold in my new hack i'm working on and i tried putting pokemon in the tower but they dont pop up at all. The tower im using is a building from rustboro city. Also i edited the tiles that you walk on so i don't know if its because of that or what but even when i put the tile behavior to grass animation(pokemon) but still no pokemon are coming out. So can anyone help me out? Here's a pic from the tower: http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/SeanAir/PokemonPlatinumU.png

dude256
April 21st, 2006, 04:28 AM
Could anybody explain the process of importing/replacing tilesets? In advance map 1.8 I was able to extract tilesets from the block editor, however I was unable to import them back into the tileset (the load tileset option was grayed out).

Also is it possible to alter the palette for tilesets? I've already looked at the palette offsets in VBA, but I could not match them up in unLz or advance map 1.8. I'm really lost about modifying the palettes...and their locations.

Lastly, is there a way to edit the tilsets by use of unLZ? I think I found part of one tileset around id 6-7, but I could not find the appriate palette. So in reality I have no idea what it was.

I'm very familiar with replacing pokemon and trainer graphics (sig has some examples). I'm able to also edit pokemon palettes as well...but these tilesets are giving me alot of trouble.

Thank you whoever can answer these question ^-^

*I've done a complete search of this thread also, checking all tileset related posts, the few answers I found were abit too cryptic for me

DiEsse
April 21st, 2006, 07:52 AM
How does the multi command (in scriptEd) work?

Eversoquiet
April 21st, 2006, 08:43 AM
is there a way to make my give the color palletes my characters have? i mean is there a way to make the characters i import with unlz have the original colors they had and not the colors of the characters for which i replaced them?

dude256
April 21st, 2006, 10:34 AM
@Criptexa: Yes it is ^^.

-when you import your character into UnLZ click the 'export palette' option.
(That will replace the original sprites palette, with the palette of the imported sprite.)

-unlZ automatically selects the proper palette for pokemon however...

-BE VERY careful when doing so with trainers
(you must search for the original palette that the trainer used)

Also remember:
-you may only use the first 15 colors of your sprite, and one of those colors is transparency

If you need help finding a trainers palette, let me know I was writing down the offsets of a few of them.

Good luck =3

Christos
April 22nd, 2006, 03:02 AM
Can anyone tell me a good stats editor like PA for emerald and link and Pokemon Name Editor for emerald?

PikaPook
April 22nd, 2006, 04:55 AM
Hello All.
Me and my partner need to translate Pokemon Ruby to ur language
but we ned more bytes for text,
and when we insert more bytes the game is crashed
what to do?

Jeremy
April 22nd, 2006, 06:32 AM
Sweetie, you don't need to insert more bytes just for text. Just repoint it, sweetie. There's enough space in the ROM for extra lines of text.

Pokepearl
April 22nd, 2006, 07:38 AM
I've maked a script:
#org 0x800000
message 0x800050
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800050
=Misschien is het beter als LAPRAS, met jou mee gaat.
checkflag 0x800200
if 0 0x800200
setflag 0x800300
if 0 0x800300
setflag 0x801
givepokemon 0x83

Is it a good script?
And how to instert it in my hack?

PikaPook
April 22nd, 2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks!
How Do I repoint it:P

xMeteorxStriker
April 22nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
here is a SUPER UBER n00b question. How do you change a .gba file to an ips?

Go to the hacking FAQ on main discussion and go to the bottom of the 1st entry and get LIPS(lunar-ips) thats what i use...

mxkpkmnextu??
April 22nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
i've changed the grass tile, and now i wanna know how can i change the grass animation...plz help....

Hail
I think you have to use TM(Tile Molester) or TPL2002(Tile Layer Pro 2002) for that...
Parabens ja agora=))!!
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pokepearl
April 23rd, 2006, 01:43 AM
Can someone help me, to change this:

If you defeat Roxane, you can use surf, and the guy in Rustboro, that gives you CUT, is giving you SURf...

PLeas

I've maded a script with Simpel Script Creator, but how can i insert him in my game?

burnthechavs
April 23rd, 2006, 04:16 AM
Hey, im trying to do a new hack, and i know exactly how to do it but i just CANT!!!

This is because,
1) when i hold control and click something with elitemap, SCRIPTS DONT SHOW UP!! any suggestions

2) Alot of the tools i download keep saying damaged or wen i unzip, theres nothing there, or missing folders

3) any hex program i try running (hexposure, transhexlation, etc) just dont work, and it says 'There has ben an error and microsoft must close 'program name'' everytime i open the rom

Is there special files i need to view these? any suggestions?

please help, and ill put ur name on the hack too!

Martin Yiu
April 23rd, 2006, 05:36 AM
That's doubleposting, but now about the script: Copy it by ctrl+c and in the elitemap folder open Scripted and paste it. Now click on Compile button and choose name. Name can't be too long, so if you have e.g. Ruby, name it Ruby, not Pokémon Ruby... And no spaces. Hope it helps.

Pokepearl
April 23rd, 2006, 06:19 AM
I do compile, and name it 'Ruby', but if i click on SAVE, i get this:

STD.RBH NOT FOUND!

D-Trogh
April 23rd, 2006, 06:34 AM
This is not a help board you know ?
Someone will move this ;-)

1) I don't really know, maybe you renamed ScriptED ?
2) Try redownloading them, or else try to redownloading WinRAR/ZIP
3) Make sure you have downloaded the missing files or that your version of Windows can run that tool

Christos
April 23rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
I do compile, and name it 'Ruby', but if i click on SAVE, i get this:

STD.RBH NOT FOUND!

You need to have std.rbh from the elite map folder in the folder you put the game,scripted,the scripts in .rbc and the folder mustn't have spaces.

porygandrew
April 24th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I'm not sure where this goes, but for 'cheat' tools, I can't find a better place for asking this question.

Has anyone ever used a GBA Memory Stick for pokemon games? I bought one, but it freezes up on the main screen. I've looked online and all reviews say the product works. Has anyone ever used this product and/or experienced any difficulties using it?

mxkpkmnextu??
April 25th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Hail
I'm stuck again with 3 types of scripts...

In this one nothing happens neither the message is displayed...
#org 0x800000
message 0x800200
boxset 0x4
checkitem 0x10B
#raw 47
#raw 0B
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 jump 0x800150
message 0x800300
boxset 0x4
warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
end

#org 0x800150
message 0x800400
boxset 0x4
release
end

#org 0x800200
= This is the WIND EGG\nIt's said that in past times it revived\pthe city from the ashes after the\nwars...

#org 0x800300

#org 0x800400
= Huh?!\nSuddendly the wind got stronger\pfor an instant...

This one is the same thing...
#org 0x887B14
checkitem 0x117
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 0x887B30
end

#org 0x887B30
message 0x887B4C
boxset 0x4
applymovemt 0xFF 0x887B84
wait 0x0
release
end

#org 0x887B84
#binary 9 FE

#org 0x887B30
=This sandstorm blinds my eyes!\n Can't keep going...

This one when I try to compile it appears an error message saying "Run-time error 13 Type mismatch"
#org 0x719718
cry PKMN_TORCHIC
message 0x719734
boxset 0x6
release
end
#org 0x719734
= arfh arfh

What's wrong with them??
Thnx in advance
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Hail
Can someone answer this??
And what are the offsets of the battle fields in unlz in FireRed, and is there a way to increase the img size so that the message of compressed data to big doesn't appear?
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

dude256
April 26th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Arbok, if you want to change the trainer sprites, you should use unlz. You will need to find where the trainers start (in ruby it is around id 1042 or so). Export the file, edit the image reimport it and save.

If you are having a more specific problem let me know, and I'll try to explain more.

~JapaneseWolf
April 27th, 2006, 12:24 AM
where can i get a vba? oh forget it but whenever i download 0ne t turns up as an internet page not a vba icon oh and my computers WINDOWS ME

Kuri-Chan ♪
April 27th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Ok, I have a few new questions on hacking FR
1. For one thing, HOW DO YOU USE A HEX EDITER? I cant figure out how to put in scripts!
2. How do I make it so that you can only get one starter pokemon?
3. How do I add new pokemon?

Master.M
April 27th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I was wondering if you could help me with something. I just got pokemon chaos black and iam at Mt.Moon where there is a surf area.Can anyone tell me how to get past it.

Enix-Zae
April 27th, 2006, 05:09 PM
That is the end of the demo/alpha. You cannot pass it. You are the millionth user to ask that. I am dissapointed.

Aon
April 27th, 2006, 10:30 PM
That was such a pointless post. Don't.
1. Tutorials in the turorials Docs section.
2. Go to Advancemap, open up the rom, and go to prof oaks lab. Just delete the scripts which are for the other poke's you don't won't. Or go to Elite map, open up the respective script, and delete it/ replace with text.
3. There is a large tutorial on this in the docs + tuts section.

And unseen idiot. You deserve to die.Just do. What a stupid post. It served no purpose.

Kuri-Chan ♪
April 28th, 2006, 02:50 AM
...Thanks.
And sorry, I am a Noob (Not newb) at ROM Hacking.

Oxnite
April 28th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Seen that nobody tells me, i have to tell it again.

Here is my ask.

Look to this picture. Nothing strange. http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1917/16nj.png

Then, i'll try to walk up (In normal Ruby games can't you walk up. Yeah, its a wall.) But if i walk up, I CAN WALK UP! I just walk simply down from the wall: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4730/20sf.png

So i thaught: I make the wall unwalkable. So i cant even walk on the piece of ground!: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1741/36hi.png

How do i have to make this piece of ground that you CAN walk on it, but CANT walk UP from it?

BTW, i use elitemap

Coco CrisP
April 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Hey all u experienced hackers, i need some help from one of u. im a newbie here and would like 2 start a hack but i dont know wat tools i need. if someone can jut tell me wat i need and where 2 get it, i would really appreciate.

Oxnite
April 28th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Uuh, CocoCrisp, just look in the Tools Showcase thread.

Had just another question. How to change te tileset in Elite Map in Ruby?

Sharanza
April 29th, 2006, 05:31 AM
how i can change the Venusaur picture in titlescreen of pokemon leaf green??

mxkpkmnextu??
April 29th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Seen that nobody tells me, i have to tell it again.

Here is my ask.

Look to this picture. Nothing strange. http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1917/16nj.png

Then, i'll try to walk up (In normal Ruby games can't you walk up. Yeah, its a wall.) But if i walk up, I CAN WALK UP! I just walk simply down from the wall: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4730/20sf.png

So i thaught: I make the wall unwalkable. So i cant even walk on the piece of ground!: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1741/36hi.png

How do i have to make this piece of ground that you CAN walk on it, but CANT walk UP from it?

BTW, i use elitemap

Hail
First of all I think use AM rather than Elitmap, elitemap is good but am gives more options and things to do...
I'm AM when you change the blocks when you want tp put some heights in some tiles(like the one you shown in the screenies) u have to use, for example, the 10 that gives the height of your tile 2 than 14 which gives 3... Just try it out...
if you want to have a passage of a c to a 10 or a 10 to 14,ect.. you have to use 0 blocks so that can be possible(commonly they're used in stairs)...
Hope it helped
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Eversoquiet
April 29th, 2006, 07:34 AM
can someone tell me wht this means???: "ERROR Invalid map footer-pointer"???

Christos
April 29th, 2006, 12:15 PM
If that comes in Adv.Map that means you tried changing the size of a map without inserting it anywhere in the rom.Insert it and when you change size that won't come.

Aon
April 29th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Thank you sooo much Christos!

pkmnfreak
April 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Is there a tool that add/edits pokemon abilities?

Christos
April 29th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Pokemon Amplifier.Check Tools Showcase.

Oxnite
April 29th, 2006, 11:40 PM
I have another question about the same thing.

Can you even CHANGE the abilities, like OWN TEMPO, PREVENTS CONFUSION. Just like make that this abilitie.... ''destroys the oppenet when you attack?"

mxkpkmnextu??
April 30th, 2006, 01:19 AM
I have another question about the same thing.

Can you even CHANGE the abilities, like OWN TEMPO, PREVENTS CONFUSION. Just like make that this abilitie.... ''destroys the oppenet when you attack?"

Hail
You can't do that you can only change for the predifined effects... You can change the ability with base edit, pokemon amp can't do that, I think=S
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Nitsuj99
April 30th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Ok, I am hacking Emerald and Making a Crystal Remake And I was wondering if it was possible, and how to do the following....

1. Set The Clock in the beggining

2. have timed scripts so that at 6:00 it gets dark...etc

3. insert cell phone/pokegear/radio feature

4. I Have The Newest Version Of RS Ball and it suports Emerald, but When I try to load the trainer back sprites it says that they are not specified in the .ini.....How to I fix this?

5. also, I Changed the starting point to the room.....So now how do I remove The rumbling in the begining of the game?

6. How do I make it so that I can use Fire Red tile sets in emerald?

Sorry for reposting this, but I realy need these questions answered....

The Dash
April 30th, 2006, 11:39 AM
2 and 3 are almost imposible to do.

Aon
April 30th, 2006, 02:08 PM
You will need to be an expert hacker to do most of this.
5. also, I Changed the starting point to the room.....So now how do I remove The rumbling in the begining of the game?
That I would also be interested in knowing.[/

xMeteorxStriker
April 30th, 2006, 02:38 PM
3 is possible but you would have to know bunches of coding all you would need to do is make it where when you walk to a certain place you would get a phone call

goldenslider
April 30th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I've been playing around trying to get some people to give you a Pokemon, but everytime, it mucks up.

Successfully, I have only been able to make the code work once, and that is With RED in Mt Silver, where the game ends after he gives u the Poke and u restart outside the Cave with the Pokemon in tow.

So does anyone know how to successfully make trainers or people give you a Pokemon. I know the string for it, but when I use it on some people, for instance Mr Psychic, he will keep on giving you that Pokemon everytime you talk to him. How can this be changed so he just gives it the once, then the next time you talk to him, he says something else?

The other problems I'm having is with making a trainer give you a pokemon after you win a battle. I've been able to get it to partially work with Clair at the Dragon's Den, but once you get the Pokemon, her speech messes up before she disappears.

I've tried getting Falkner to give you a Pokemon at Violet Gym, but the other trainers mess up when u talk to them, and Falkner's text gets all messed up after he gives u the pokemon.

Anyone know how to make it successfully work? Many thanks in advance

xMeteorxStriker
April 30th, 2006, 04:30 PM
im not sure but i think it has to do with checkflag set flag i know this probably didnt help but there u r lol

goldenslider
April 30th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I have scripts for making people give pokemon in the advance games, but I'm still concentrating on hacking Gold and silver.

I do fancy moving onto the advance games, but I still want to learn more about the old games first.

Anyone who can help with my problem above, I'd be indebted forever.

To give an offer in return, heres a small tutorial (my first in nearly a year and a half) for how to make Red give you a pokemon:

the pointers for the text Red says after you win are at 11C278 and 79. after these, type in the following string at offset 11C27A:

84 02 00 85 2D XX XX XX 00 33 61 00 4C
| | |
| | item
| level
pokemon

Aon
April 30th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know eiher if here is a tool which can edit the way pokemon evolve in emerald, or how I could edit this in hex?

Christos
May 1st, 2006, 02:35 AM
There isn't something like that in emerald (still waiting..) and I don't know how to do it in hex.Can anyone please tell us?

Oxnite
May 1st, 2006, 04:29 AM
Hail
First of all I think use AM rather than Elitmap, elitemap is good but am gives more options and things to do...
I'm AM when you change the blocks when you want tp put some heights in some tiles(like the one you shown in the screenies) u have to use, for example, the 10 that gives the height of your tile 2 than 14 which gives 3... Just try it out...
if you want to have a passage of a c to a 10 or a 10 to 14,ect.. you have to use 0 blocks so that can be possible(commonly they're used in stairs)...
Hope it helped
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Thanks! It works! I downloaded AM. ^_^

Kitty Face
May 1st, 2006, 10:54 PM
Basic Noob Question!

How do I rename a Pokemon? I've inserted my own over Bulbasaur and now I just want to change the name from Bulbasaur to another.

Nitsuj99
May 3rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the truck sounds in emerald(I have tried Smed, I think it only works with ruby/sapphire) Also I know how to change the location of were you start I just need to know how to remove the noise..

enigma85
May 4th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Ok so i've decided to go back to old school and try and get the original green not released in america and translate it. i have a hongkong rip off tanslated rom but as you all know the english aint really english. the part i'm hving trouble with is making a table file so i can hack the text of the hongkong ripoff. i'm kinda noob so any help would be great, any ides? poketext doesn't have a tale for it. thanks

Oxnite
May 4th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Basic Noob Question!

How do I rename a Pokemon? I've inserted my own over Bulbasaur and now I just want to change the name from Bulbasaur to another.

Try it with this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65350)... Hope it helps.

drem
May 4th, 2006, 11:00 PM
how to edit a townmap data in pokemon firered version (no grafics)
i need help

Smarties-chan
May 5th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I have finally managed to create a rather simple script that should work, but now I can't insert it >D When I try compiling the file, it comes up with http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5489/noname1hq.png
I have downloaded the needed files zip from Pokedrome, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.

Pazuzu
May 5th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Sorry to keep bugging you but, now the game freezes up when I talk to the person.
Also, when I start the game the screen stays white and I have to load my save from the menu.
Then you have probably overwritten some important data of the game.
Verify that the offsets you insert your script to are surely free of data.

Now, this may belong in simple q's, but it seemed more appropriate here.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Aonshix/Pokemon_Ruby_Hack_03.png
I think this is cos of a Truck level scrpt. I edited the starting map using introED.
(Trainers room)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i58/Aonshix/Pokemon_Ruby_Hack_01.png
This is part of my edited Back of truck map. I cannot explain the glitch, but thats why i'm asking isn't it?

Does anyone have any info on why either of these may have ocured.
Those actions are determined in the level script of the truck map and the intro routine.
Since we're not quite able to edit the intro routine yet, and the changed in the level script seems to have no effect, the best things you can do, would be to block the view to that area.

Anyone please tell:

How can i fix this in unLZ GBA, I have opened Pokémon Emerald:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6503/wtfisthis0je.png
You have to adjust the Pallete.
In Emerald, there are 2 kind of Pokémon Pictures. The normal ones, and the animated ones.
Just copy the Pallete number of Alakazam from the non animated ones and type it in for your picture above, that will fix it.

Everytime I edit a map in either EliteMap or AdvanceMap, the ROM fails to load in VisualBoyAdvance.
What am I doing wrong?
For EliteMap: Make sure your ROM is a 1.0 dump version, and that offsets are available in the INI file.

For AdvanceMap: Make sure that the offsets for the ROM you wanted to load are available in the INI file.

I have a question. For G/S.

Is there a way to change the types of tiles? i.e changing a wall tile into a door tile.
You should be able to change that either in the Tile behaviour, or the Block data.
I'll see if I can get a structure of the data for G/S/C.

The stickied "Frequently Asked Questions" thread contains a nicely explained answer to your questions.

Could you elaborate on that?
What do you mean by "offset value"?

If you want to connect Maps, you can do it easily with Advance-Map's Connection-Manager.
There you have to enter the Map Bank and Map Number of the Map you want to connect to your current one, together with the side it should appear on.
Also, if your maps are different sizes, you can adjust their placement by changing the value in the "Adjustment" box. (Could that be what you mean?)
Normal values will move the Map Up/Right by the value, and negative values will move the Map Down/Left by the value.

Hey can some one help me out. I'm trying to recreate the sproute tower from gold in my new hack i'm working on and i tried putting pokemon in the tower but they dont pop up at all. The tower im using is a building from rustboro city. Also i edited the tiles that you walk on so i don't know if its because of that or what but even when i put the tile behavior to grass animation(pokemon) but still no pokemon are coming out. So can anyone help me out? Here's a pic from the tower: http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i161/SeanAir/PokemonPlatinumU.png
There seems to be aproblem with Advance-Maps block editor right now, as it doesn't seem to get/save the Behaviour values correctly.

You can either wait for the fixed version to come out, or adjust the data yourself by using a Hex-Editor.

Could anybody explain the process of importing/replacing tilesets? In advance map 1.8 I was able to extract tilesets from the block editor, however I was unable to import them back into the tileset (the load tileset option was grayed out).

Also is it possible to alter the palette for tilesets? I've already looked at the palette offsets in VBA, but I could not match them up in unLz or advance map 1.8. I'm really lost about modifying the palettes...and their locations.

Lastly, is there a way to edit the tilsets by use of unLZ? I think I found part of one tileset around id 6-7, but I could not find the appriate palette. So in reality I have no idea what it was.

I'm very familiar with replacing pokemon and trainer graphics (sig has some examples). I'm able to also edit pokemon palettes as well...but these tilesets are giving me alot of trouble.

Thank you whoever can answer these question ^-^

*I've done a complete search of this thread also, checking all tileset related posts, the few answers I found were abit too cryptic for me
To be able to import Tileset data back into the ROM, make sure you have the latest AdvanceMap version. (1.81)
The import option should be active there, so you should have no trouble importing your Tileset data back.

Yes, it is possible to alter a Tileset's Palletes.
You can do it just like you do for every other Pallete in the game, by using VBA to get the values, and a Hex-Editor to find and edit them.
AdvanceMap can't edit a Tileset's Pallete (It only can set the Pallate of a block to a predefined one) and unLZ-GBA is not a good idea to be used for that.

There are 2 kinds of Tilesets.
Uncompressed Tilesets: You can't view those in unLZ-GBA, as they are not compressed, and therefore won't be found by it. You can edit them with TLP, Tile Molester or any other Tile editing program.

Compressed Tilesets: Those are the ones which are found by unLZ-GBA. There are 2 ways you can edit them.1: Export the Tileset as picture and edit it with an Imaging program.
2: Export the Tileset as RAW dump and edit it with a Tile editing program just like an uncompressed one.

The Pallete's from unLZ-GBA never apply to a whole Tileset, they just apply to certain blocks of it.
So if you want to edit a specific block, you just have to find the right Pallete for that block.

How does the multi command (in scriptEd) work?
multi (6F)
multi bLeft bTop bList bCancel
Puts up a list of choices for the player to make. Available choices depend on the value of bList. bCancel determines wether the player can press the B button to select the last item, if yes the last item should be "Cancel". As always, the player's choice is stored in LASTRESULT.

Example:
message 0x604020 '"What city do you like best?"
choice 2 2 13 0 'items available are littleroot, slateport and lilycove
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x600030 'goto littleroot handler
if 1 0x600050 'goto slateport handler
'lilycove handler starts right here, no "if LASTRESULT 3" needed.

Can anyone tell me a good stats editor like PA for emerald and link and Pokemon Name Editor for emerald?
If PA does not support Emerald, then there is no other program to edit the Stats yet. (You can use a Hex-Editor, though.)
A great Name editor is a Hex-Editor, together with a Table file.
Alteratively, you can use N-E-A, which you will find at the Tools-Showcase.

Thanks!
How Do I repoint it:P
Simply calculate the pointer of the original offset and the new offset.
Then just search for the old pointer in your Hex-Editor and replace it with the new one.
(A-Point can be found in the Tools Showcase, also it offsers Pointer calculation for the Metall and Advance game generations.)

Hey, im trying to do a new hack, and i know exactly how to do it but i just CANT!!!

This is because,
1) when i hold control and click something with elitemap, SCRIPTS DONT SHOW UP!! any suggestions

2) Alot of the tools i download keep saying damaged or wen i unzip, theres nothing there, or missing folders

3) any hex program i try running (hexposure, transhexlation, etc) just dont work, and it says 'There has ben an error and microsoft must close 'program name'' everytime i open the rom

Is there special files i need to view these? any suggestions?

please help, and ill put ur name on the hack too!
1) Does ScriptED open when you click on them?
The best thing to do would be redownloading of the package to make sure you got all the needed files.

2) There is nothing you can do about that, except searching for mirrors of those Tools. (See the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase for example.)

3) Hexpospure is a DOS program, and won't run properly on Windows XP.
Translhextion should work, but if it doesn't open files correctly, then there has to be an error in the program.
However, there are many alternatives, so you shouldn't have any difficulties to find one.
(Nextsoft Hex-Editor (http://www.nextsoft.de) for example.)

Hail
Can someone answer this??
And what are the offsets of the battle fields in unlz in FireRed, and is there a way to increase the img size so that the message of compressed data to big doesn't appear?
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
Script 1:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x800200
boxset 0x4
#raw 47
#raw 0B
#raw 1
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 jump 0x800150
message 0x800300
boxset 0x6
warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
release
end

#org 0x800150
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= This is the WIND EGG\nIt's said that in past times it revived\pthe city from the ashes after the\nwars...

#org 0x800300

#org 0x800400

Script 2 (untested but should work):
#org 0x887B14
#raw 47
#raw 17
#raw 1
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 0x887B30
end

#org 0x887B30
lock
message 0x887B4C
boxset 0x6
applymovemt 0xFF 0x887B84
wait 0x0
release
end

#org 0x887B84
#raw 9
#raw FE

#org 0x887B30
=This sandstorm blinds my eyes!\n Can't keep going...

Script 3:
#org 0x719718
cry 0xA1 280
#raw 01
message 0x719734
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x719734
= arfh arfh

where can i get a vba? oh forget it but whenever i download 0ne t turns up as an internet page not a vba icon oh and my computers WINDOWS ME
http://vba.ngemu.com/
Also mentioned if the stickied FAQ thread.

how i can change the Venusaur picture in titlescreen of pokemon leaf green??
You can change it with unLZ-GBA.

Does anyone know eiher if here is a tool which can edit the way pokemon evolve in emerald, or how I could edit this in hex?
The structure in Hex in build up like the following:
[Evolution type byte][Special byte][Pokémon byte]

The Evolution type byte can have the following values:0100 -> Happyness evolution
0200 -> Day evolution
0300 -> Night evolution
0400 -> Level evolution
0500 -> Trading evolution
0600 -> Trading evolution with Item
0700 -> Item evolution
0800 -> Stats evolution: Attack > Defense
0900 -> Stats evolution: Attack = Defense
0A00 -> Stats evolution: Attack < Defense

The Special byte depends on the Evolution type byte, and is either the Level the evolution starts at, the Item,... or 0000.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the truck sounds in emerald(I have tried Smed, I think it only works with ruby/sapphire) Also I know how to change the location of were you start I just need to know how to remove the noise..
You are not able to do that yet, as those things are stored in the intro routine, which is quite unknown at the moment.

Ok so i've decided to go back to old school and try and get the original green not released in america and translate it. i have a hongkong rip off tanslated rom but as you all know the english aint really english. the part i'm hving trouble with is making a table file so i can hack the text of the hongkong ripoff. i'm kinda noob so any help would be great, any ides? poketext doesn't have a tale for it. thanks
Open the ROM in TLP, set it to 8bpp mode, and scroll down until you reach the Font data.
Then you open up Notepad and start wriing down the Hex-Values and their corresponding characters in the oder they appear in TLP.

It's been a long time since I hacked R/B, but the values should start at 80.

So if the first letter in TLP is an A, your table should look like this:80=A
81=B

how to edit a townmap data in pokemon firered version (no grafics)
i need help
Just open the Map in either Advance-Map and EliteMap and edit it to your liking.

I have finally managed to create a rather simple script that should work, but now I can't insert it >D When I try compiling the file, it comes up with http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5489/noname1hq.png
I have downloaded the needed files zip from Pokedrome, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem.
There's an error in your Script. =P
If you don't mind, post it so we can try to fix it for you.

Smarties-chan
May 5th, 2006, 06:06 AM
There's an error in your Script. =P
If you don't mind, post it so we can try to fix it for you.
Thanks for the help Scizz ^_^ The problem was that I forgot to press enter before typing the 'end' command.

Oxnite
May 5th, 2006, 07:27 AM
~~ Whoa Scizz, You're so good ^^ Thanks, it works ~~

Smarties-chan
May 5th, 2006, 07:58 AM
I have new problem x_x Well, two actually...

I inserted new message into the game, but when I talk to the npc, it doesn't turn to face towards the trainer, how do I fix this?

As for my second problem: after I have talked to the npc, the message box doesn't dissapear. Could someone please explain to me why? :S

You probaly didn't understand what I was trying to say, so I'll just post a couple of pictures:
http://i1.tinypic.com/x6fvr8.png http://i3.tinypic.com/x6fvw1.png
I hope those explained my problem.

mxkpkmnextu??
May 5th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Script 1:
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x800200
boxset 0x4
#raw 47
#raw 0B
#raw 1
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 jump 0x800150
message 0x800300
boxset 0x6
warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
release
end

#org 0x800150
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200

#org 0x800300

#org 0x800400

Hail
This was supose to have a check item command=S...
Could it be something like this??
#org 0x800000
lock
message 0x800200
boxset 0x4
checkitem 0x10B
#raw 47
#raw 0B
#raw 1
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 jump 0x800150
message 0x800300
boxset 0x6
warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
release
end

#org 0x800150
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200

#org 0x800300

What are the fire red's battle fields offsets in unLZ and is there anyway of evading that message of image to big from unLZ so that the image stays has it is?
Thnx for the help
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu
May 5th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I have new problem x_x Well, two actually...

I inserted new message into the game, but when I talk to the npc, it doesn't turn to face towards the trainer, how do I fix this?

As for my second problem: after I have talked to the npc, the message box doesn't dissapear. Could someone please explain to me why? :S

You probaly didn't understand what I was trying to say, so I'll just post a couple of pictures:
http://i1.tinypic.com/x6fvr8.png http://i3.tinypic.com/x6fvw1.png
I hope those explained my problem.

Just add those commands at the start of your script:lock
faceplayer

and before the end add:release

To make the textbox disappear after a text has been said, just use:boxset 0x6

Hail
This was supose to have a check item command=S...
Could it be something like this??
#org 0x800000
lock
message 0x800200
boxset 0x4
checkitem 0x10B
#raw 47
#raw 0B
#raw 1
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 jump 0x800150
message 0x800300
boxset 0x6
warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
release
end

#org 0x800150
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200

#org 0x800300

What are the fire red's battle fields offsets in unLZ and is there anyway of evading that message of image to big from unLZ so that the image stays has it is?
Thnx for the help
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
I told you a lot of times already, so this is the last time I'm going to do that.
There is no checkitem command implemented in RubiKode yet.
Which is why we placed the raw values.
Those raw values are the checkitem command.
The script I gave you is fully correct.

What do you mean with "battle field"?

To disable the "Image too big" message, just uncheck the "Abort if new image is bigger" box when saving.

Smarties-chan
May 5th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks again Scizz ^_^ Now that I know the basics, I can finally start to seriously work on my hack =D If I ever complete it, I'll make sure to mention you in the credits.

randompanzy
May 5th, 2006, 01:27 PM
i need a file called comctl32.ocx does anyone have it? i looked in the needed files and couldn't find it please help

Aon
May 5th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Awsome! Scizz is back. (or at least willing) Thanks for the answers, the evolution one really helped.
To find the file, comctl32.ocx try checking the stcikys in the tools showcase forum.

Magnemite
May 5th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I've been searching all over for Advance Battle, but I still can't find it. I have PET and TBC, but I can't work either of them. I have all the pics for PET, but cycling through all of the pics to find the pokemon I want is such a waste of time. Is there an easier way to edit battles?

Grifter
May 5th, 2006, 10:37 PM
How can I use EliteMap to view all the Wild Pokemon that are available on a specific map? I have tried looking at the Bewildered tool, but that just shows two pokemon and drop down lists with all the pokemon. Does EliteMap have a function similar to the Wild Pokemon one on AdvanceMap?

Aon
May 6th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Why not just use advance map? And no, you can't wild poke edit in elite.

Christos
May 6th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Awsome! Scizz is back. (or at least willing) Thanks for the answers, the evolution one really helped.
To find the file, comctl32.ocx try checking the stcikys in the tools showcase forum.

Search at google,yahoo etc. you'll find them and u can downlaod all needed files or just that.
EDIT:Here's a site that you can downlaod it.Just click on downlaod COMCTL32.OCX Link:http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=COMCTL32.OCX

Xenesis
May 6th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Just a small question, is it known how to have the Pokedex display Complete data, rather than minimal data on having just seen a pokemon instead of needing to capture it? (Eg, the data when seen = data when caught).

Otherwise, I'll just not use the pokedex at all in my Hack. :S

GreenZ
May 6th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I've got one, stupid problem... I added (in Elite Map) new traps on one map. I created script and wrote its offset in Elite Map, but when I'm playing my hack, this script doesn't work. Why? If I earlier must write command that will activate this trap, tell me which it is.

randompanzy
May 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I've been searching all over for Advance Battle, but I still can't find it. I have PET and TBC, but I can't work either of them. I have all the pics for PET, but cycling through all of the pics to find the pokemon I want is such a waste of time. Is there an easier way to edit battles?

i need a way to edit battles too advance map wont work on my computer because my couputer doesn't have enough system resoures

drem
May 7th, 2006, 02:38 AM
sorry scizz, but I do not speak about the city, I wanted to say that:
change the city's location in town map "bag >> key items >> townmap"

now, i have an other question :
how to edit script( i used scriped, but I cannot compile it )

kiarou
May 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Sorry, im t3h n00b
I've never worked with hacks or emulator before, and i would like some help >.<;
I don't know how to download and play these pokemon hacks.
Are there special programs I need, or is it just a matter or process.
Please help,
thankyou verry much!

The Dash
May 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
To play a Pokémon Hack you will need:
A Emulator (Google Visual Boy Advance)
The rom that it has been hacked for (Again google it, we are not allowed to give out links to roms.)
A IPS Patcher (Once again google it)

I'd find the links for you (not to the roms) but I'm to tired. Hope this helped you.

Kitty Face
May 8th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks for your help, Arbok and Scizz. ^_^

Is there a way to change the icon of newly inserted Pokemon in unLZ GBA?

EDIT: 'nother question.. um, in Advance Map, is there a way to just edit the pallette's you have to chose from?

Christos
May 9th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Thanks for your help, Arbok and Scizz. ^_^

Is there a way to change the icon of newly inserted Pokemon in unLZ GBA?

EDIT: 'nother question.. um, in Advance Map, is there a way to just edit the pallette's you have to chose from?

1)For icons of all pokemon and newly inserted there's IconEd which can be found in Tools Showcase

2)You can change palettes with palette editing

Kitty Face
May 9th, 2006, 03:31 AM
1)For icons of all pokemon and newly inserted there's IconEd which can be found in Tools Showcase

2)You can change palettes with palette editing

Okay IconEd.. I'll need to get that, thanks. ^_^

Well I'm not much of a hacker at all, to say the least, but I've dabbled in art for years (though I'm only 15.. XD) I have a variety of art programs (Paint Shop Pro 7, Adobe Photoshop 7) and I've been using them for pallette editing for the Pokemon Sprites I've been making. I tried to do something along those lines for tilesets but I have no idea how to apply a new pallette to the current ones. This is what I've been doing:

1. In Advance Map, save tileset as a .DIP file.
2. Load .DIP in PSP7.
3. Edit.. la-dee-la.. resave tileset as .DIP and .PAL (required).
4. Load tileset back into Advance Map.

All I get are a series of blank green/navy/fuschia squares.. but if I load the original tileset, all of the tiles and pallettes come back. The original tileset is only a .DIP and .PAL file, like the one I recoloured and all.

I also tried some called TLP (I think), the thing that came with Elite Map, and I couldn't figure that out either.

I have no skills whatsoever using hex. I don't even have a hex editor. ._.

What do you suggest? ^_^;;;

Christos
May 9th, 2006, 03:55 AM
There's a tutorial for palette editing and the other colors you get are like that because those colors weren't in the palette you edited.

randompanzy
May 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM
i have PET but it not working i've tried it before it said it's missing pokeroms.ini

sorry to keep bothering but i really need this and my computer cant load ADVANCE MAP not enough system resoruces

Vee217
May 9th, 2006, 12:54 PM
apparently PET isnt working any more ... or at least with my ruby rom ... is there any other programs that can help me change trainers pokemon and their attacks?

Myuu619
May 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Hey, I'm using Advance Map and when I create a map and try to save it, it won't save. Please Help.

Nitsuj99
May 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Ok, I am hacking Emerald and Making a Crystal Remake And I was wondering if it was possible, and how to do the following....

1. Set The Clock in the beggining

2. have timed scripts so that at 6:00 it gets dark...etc

3. insert cell phone/pokegear/radio feature

4. I Have The Newest Version Of RS Ball and it suports Emerald, but When I try to load the trainer back sprites it says that they are not specified in the .ini.....How to I fix this?

6. How do I make it so that I can use Fire Red tile sets in emerald?

Ok, I know that most of these if not all of them are possible.......

1. can't i just make it so you set the clock in the beggining and change the graphics of the clock so it looks digital?

2. Maybe, if there is some way that like at 6:00 the pallett changes in the game to make it appear as dark......because in emerald there is an internal clock....

3. can I just Modify the pokeNav.....Like change the name and Match call can act like the cell phone??

4. dose anyone have the offsets of trainer's back pics for the pokeroms.ini??

5. I dont think this problem can be solved......yet

6. I have tried sooo many times, but i just cant change the tilesets......

Oxnite
May 9th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Just a little thing, but how can you change the hold items from oppenets POKéMON in RUBY? Or, isnt that possible?

Aon
May 9th, 2006, 11:58 PM
apparently PET isnt working any more ... or at least with my ruby rom ... is there any other programs that can help me change trainers pokemon and their attacks?

I hate this answer as much as you do.
Transhexalation.

Christos
May 10th, 2006, 03:26 AM
Adv.Battle can do it,Hex Editors are better but if you don't want to learn...

Micklo
May 10th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Quick question. I know mewthree's IntroEd doesn't work with Emerald, so what do I need to edit with a hex editor to change the pokemon that birch throws?

p.s. want to change it to a vigoroth!

Aon
May 10th, 2006, 10:22 PM
How do I get Pokemon Liquid Ocean to work? The game's an IPS file and it won't work on Visualboy Advanced.
You use an ips patcher to apply the ips patch to a rom. Look in the files and tools part. Or google. I honestly don't care. Dosn't anyone use the simple faq thread anymore.

drem
May 11th, 2006, 07:08 AM
which is the flag to have the menu "pokemon" in firered
or
how to delete the safari time and retire in the partymenu

Christos
May 11th, 2006, 07:21 AM
How do I get Pokemon Liquid Ocean to work? The game's an IPS file and it won't work on Visualboy Advanced.

You must have Lips obtained in the EliteMap package and open it select apply patch choose the Liquid Ocean patch and then a clean emerald rom.Then play the emerald rom you patched and it should be Liquid Ocean.

@drem:I think the flag for the Pokemon Party Menu is: setflag 0x800
for the Pokedex:setflag 0x801
for PokeNav:setflag 0x802

drem
May 11th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I know all that, but the pokedex does not go, and when I makes the party, that adds the menu of the safari zone

xMeteorxStriker
May 11th, 2006, 08:15 AM
question-if i figured out how to add new text to a npc would i be able to fine it with advance test when i search for text?
(im a newb)

Christos
May 11th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Yes you can change them (why didn't you add it and check it on A-Text on your own?)

xMeteorxStriker
May 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
No i meant if i added whole new text not changing old one
after i did that would i be able to find it on a-text?

Christos
May 11th, 2006, 10:00 AM
That's what I said u can add a whole new script and u can find it on A-Text too.

Da Fluffsta
May 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Allright so i was messing around with the evolutionary pattern for the oddish trio Oddish > Gloom > Bellosum. I wanted Gloom to evolve at lvl 32 into Bellosum rather than by sun stone. And well I go into the Poke' Amplifier for Fire Red and Leaf Green, make the desired changes and run the ROM. When I got Gloom to lvl 32 it did as it should and brought up the OMFG gloom is evolving screen and everything started going as it was programed. But then RIGHT when the sparks hit the ground and he was supposed to start evolving it just stopped and it didn't say "What? Gloom stopped evolving?" Instead is just said "....?" I don't know whats wrong, I did not press anything to stop the evolution and it happens over and over again. Has anybody ran into this issue before and found a way to fix it?

Oxnite
May 11th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Uuh... Tell me: You didnt have the national POKéDEX? Oh, BELLOSOM is a new POKéMON, so you will need the new pokédex, duuh...

Saq
May 11th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Hi, i need some hack tools to edit the maps, scripts and the pokemon sprites. Please if you can find this for me, i'd be really grateful.

Christos
May 12th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Search at Tools Showcase,you'll find many tools ;)
Sprites can be edited with MS Paint or other programs like that.

seito
May 12th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I think PET sounds like a great tool and really useful, but it everytime I try and change either the trainer or Pokemon the the program says Error '76' folder /images could not be found, then it just shuts down could anybody help, or does anybody have the folder, It's a tool I need Desperetly O_O

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Darkdata
May 12th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Dump with rs ball.
It will dump everything to a folder.
mm-kay?

Kataphraktoi
May 12th, 2006, 04:44 PM
With elitemap comes a program called 'basedit' and when i run it it says ''supported rom but monster base stats are not in database''.

How do i fix this? Do i need to d\l the database it refers to, and if so, from where?

angleslayer
May 12th, 2006, 05:41 PM
ive been looking everywhere for diamond cutter or elite map 3.5.
or a new version of elite map that comes with diamond cutter.
do you know where i can find these?

Aon
May 13th, 2006, 02:17 AM
The functionality of diamond cutter has now been replaced by the compile function in rubicon.

Da Fluffsta
May 13th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Uuh... Tell me: You didnt have the national POKéDEX? Oh, BELLOSOM is a new POKéMON, so you will need the new pokédex, duuh...

Well then, that just brought about a whole new issue. How would I go about making Bellosum available BEFORE you get the national Poke'dex? The reason I ask is not only for Bellosum but a bunch of other National Poke'mon I want to have scattered around the grass before the islands. I am not using all of the 151 original Pokemon so could I just change the graphics, stats, and whatnot of another Kanto Pokemon to make it look and act exacataly like one found only after you get the national Poke'dex?

Alistair
May 13th, 2006, 01:29 PM
It is called GameShark.

Anyway, can someone tell me how to completely edit tilesets in Ruby? (This includes grass animations.)

PikaPook
May 14th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Well,
Hello.
I dont know scripting,
can someone try to teach me?
or how can i learn?

Oxnite
May 14th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Well then, that just brought about a whole new issue. How would I go about making Bellosum available BEFORE you get the national Poke'dex?

Uuh, i dont think thats simple... You have to place it into the normal pokedex with something like hex programs... 0.o

Christos
May 14th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Well,
Hello.
I dont know scripting,
can someone try to teach me?
or how can i learn?

With SSC3 which you can find in Tools Showcase there is a tutorial for scripting.Follow it then open the rbc file you'll do after the tutorial and compile it in the rom.
You must have the rom in the EliteMap folder with no spaces in the rom's name.

PikaPook
May 14th, 2006, 06:11 AM
#org 0x987654
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6B0B50
message 0x6B0C00
boxset 0x2
break

break
#org 0x6B0B50
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
message 0x6B0C20
boxset 0x2
givepokemon 0x9C 0x37 0x01
break

#org 0x6B0C20
= This My Qualiva, Please take care of him.
#org 0x6B0C00
= Whats Up with Qualiva?
I Want the script,
after he gives me the pokemon,
that will be the sound of giving pokemon.
how can i do it?

Korussive Acidsan
May 14th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I found the warp pad to the Safari zone in Pokemon Gold ROM. I have entered inside it with the help of adding a door to the building, and I got inside the lobby. I left through the top doors of the building into the zone, and placed an exit. But when I leave through the exit, I find myself in the zone again.

Help? :)

Olan14
May 15th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Okay, it's me again. What is the integrer (spelling?) that you put in PokePic?

kingofgames300g
May 15th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Need GOOD Trainer and Pokémon Sprite Changers, because PET, RSball, TLP, and PokéPic don't work for me, because it keeps changing the colors of the sprite when i don't want it to, so can anybody give me links, or attachments with good sprite editors???

If those are the only ones, please help me!!!!!

xMeteorxStriker
May 15th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Use Unlz.gba that is way better

DrCoolSanta
May 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I am not getting diamond cutter with elite map, i have tried all sites, plz help if possible give me diamond cutter as a file

another thing

#org 0xFA0300
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0xFA0350
message 0xFA0600
boxset 0x04
end

#org 0xFA0350
setflag 0x10A
message 0xFA0800
boxset 0x04
givepokemon 0x11B 0x64 0x01
end

#org 0xFA0600
= How is my Pokemon doing!
end

#org oxFA0800
= Here is my pokemon, its a good one!
end

well this gives the error 13 type mismatch with scripted
and im really not getting diamond cutter or is scripted and diamond cutter same

Christos
May 17th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Diamond Cutter isn't used anymore you can click compile in Scripted to put them in.Have the rom inside EliteMap folder you wnat to put the scripts in without space in the rom's name.

kobrakai
May 17th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I want to edit the items in poke mart but everytime I try to use gold mart I get a run time error that says, "run time error 63, bad record number". what do i do?

DrCoolSanta
May 17th, 2006, 06:50 AM
thx but can u explain me y isnt it working? i really need to get this to work?

Pazuzu
May 17th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Just a small question, is it known how to have the Pokedex display Complete data, rather than minimal data on having just seen a pokemon instead of needing to capture it? (Eg, the data when seen = data when caught).

Otherwise, I'll just not use the pokedex at all in my Hack. :S
It's currently not known how the Pokémon data display in the Pokedéx can be changed to display complete data of a Pokémon when seen.

I've got one, stupid problem... I added (in Elite Map) new traps on one map. I created script and wrote its offset in Elite Map, but when I'm playing my hack, this script doesn't work. Why? If I earlier must write command that will activate this trap, tell me which it is.
While at the Trap editing Tab in EliteMap, set the 2nd box of the Flag field to &H0003, to activate the Trap by default.

sorry scizz, but I do not speak about the city, I wanted to say that:
change the city's location in town map "bag >> key items >> townmap"

now, i have an other question :
how to edit script( i used scriped, but I cannot compile it )
You can edit the Mini-Map by using unLZ-GBA and a Hex-Editor.
Or by using mewthree's new tool, Cyclone. (Can be found in the Tools Showcase.)

To compile a Script, simply insert your Script in the textbox and click the compile button.
Then select your ROM. (Make sure it is in the same folder as ScriptED and that it's filename is free of spaces.)

i have PET but it not working i've tried it before it said it's missing pokeroms.ini

sorry to keep bothering but i really need this and my computer cant load ADVANCE MAP not enough system resoruces
Re-download the EliteMap package and extract all file into the same folder.

Hey, I'm using Advance Map and when I create a map and try to save it, it won't save. Please Help.
Is write-protect enable on your ROM? If so, disable it.
Do you get any error messages at all?

Ok, I know that most of these if not all of them are possible.......

1. can't i just make it so you set the clock in the beggining and change the graphics of the clock so it looks digital?

2. Maybe, if there is some way that like at 6:00 the pallett changes in the game to make it appear as dark......because in emerald there is an internal clock....

3. can I just Modify the pokeNav.....Like change the name and Match call can act like the cell phone??

4. dose anyone have the offsets of trainer's back pics for the pokeroms.ini??

5. I dont think this problem can be solved......yet

6. I have tried sooo many times, but i just cant change the tilesets......
1. No. That would require heaps of ASM hacking and is very difficult to do.

2. Again, not possible. You would have to place trigger events all over the maps to be able to detect what time it is when you take a step.
Then you would have to know what variable to time event is stored in. (WHich is unknown at the moment.

3. No. Again, that would require ASM hacking.

4. What ROM are you talking about?

5. ... o_O

6. What do you expect me to answer to that? O_o

Just a little thing, but how can you change the hold items from oppenets POKéMON in RUBY? Or, isnt that possible?
That data is set in the Trainer's data.
You can change it with PET or a Hex-Editor for example.

Quick question. I know mewthree's IntroEd doesn't work with Emerald, so what do I need to edit with a hex editor to change the pokemon that birch throws?

p.s. want to change it to a vigoroth!
That data is set in the Intro routine.
The easiest way to locate it, is to track back the text pointers.
For example, search the pointer of the text that is said before he sends out the Pokémon.
Then just go through the bytes after the pointer until you find the Pokémon bytes for Azurill and change them to Vigroth.

which is the flag to have the menu "pokemon" in firered
or
how to delete the safari time and retire in the partymenu
The Pokémon menu flag in Fire-Red US is 0x828.

With elitemap comes a program called 'basedit' and when i run it it says ''supported rom but monster base stats are not in database''.

How do i fix this? Do i need to d\l the database it refers to, and if so, from where?
You have to add the offsets manually, by searching the specified data with a Hex-Editor.

It is called GameShark.

Anyway, can someone tell me how to completely edit tilesets in Ruby? (This includes grass animations.)
Tile Layer Pro/Tile Molester. (Plus unLZ-GBA for compressed Tilesets.)
The animation seems to be uncompressed, so you should be able to find them easily by scrolling through the ROM.

I Want the script,
after he gives me the pokemon,
that will be the sound of giving pokemon.
how can i do it?
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x800100
if 1 0x800250
end
#org 0x800100
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x860
message 0x800150
boxset 0x2
givepokemon 0x9C 0x37 0x01
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
fanfare 0x212
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x2
waitfanfare
end
#org 0x800250
message 0x800300
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800150
= This My Qualiva, Please take care of him.
#org 0x800200
= \v\h01 obtained a QUILAVA!
#org 0x800300
= Whats Up with Qualiva?

I found the warp pad to the Safari zone in Pokemon Gold ROM. I have entered inside it with the help of adding a door to the building, and I got inside the lobby. I left through the top doors of the building into the zone, and placed an exit. But when I leave through the exit, I find myself in the zone again.

Help? :)
You have to adjust the added Warps to the lobby's Map Bank, Map and Warp number in order to come out there.

I am not getting diamond cutter with elite map, i have tried all sites, plz help if possible give me diamond cutter as a file

another thing

well this gives the error 13 type mismatch with scripted
and im really not getting diamond cutter or is scripted and diamond cutter same
#org 0xFA0300
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0xFA0350
message 0xFA0600
boxset 0x04
end
#org 0xFA0350
setflag 0x10A
message 0xFA0800
boxset 0x04
givepokemon 0x11B 0x64 0x01
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end
#org 0xFA0600
= How is my Pokemon doing!
#org 0xFA0800
= Here is my pokemon, its a good one!

Diamon Cutter was replaces by ScriptED.
Simply put your script in the textbox, click Compile and select your ROM.
Make sure it is in the same folder as ScriptED and that it's filename is free of spaces.

I want to edit the items in poke mart but everytime I try to use gold mart I get a run time error that says, "run time error 63, bad record number". what do i do?
Adjust the offsets of the ROM your tried to load, as they appear to be wrong/not even available in the INI file.

mxkpkmnextu??
May 17th, 2006, 08:36 AM
I told you a lot of times already, so this is the last time I'm going to do that.
There is no checkitem command implemented in RubiKode yet.
Which is why we placed the raw values.
Those raw values are the checkitem command.
The script I gave you is fully correct.

What do you mean with "battle field"?

To disable the "Image too big" message, just uncheck the "Abort if new image is bigger" box when saving.

Hail
Sorry for being so persistant with that, but I got it now...=)

The battle fields are the "floors" that are under the pokemon/trainers in battle!

I know that but if I do that the image will be glitchy, what I ment was repointing it so that msg doesn't appear again...

Oh and is this script right?

#org 0x85DB14
lock
faceplayer
message 0x85DB30
boxset 0x4
checkflag 0x11F
#raw 47
#raw 69
#raw 0
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 0x85DB4C
setflag 0x11F
release
end

#org 0x85DB4C
lock
message 0x85DB68
boxset 0x4
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT YES
if TRUE 0x85DB84
release
end

#org 0x85DB84
lock
message 0x85DBA0
cry PKMN_JIRACHI
boxset 0x6
wildbattle 0x199 0x1E 0x2
message 0x85DBBC
boxset 0x4
release
end

#org 0x85DB30
= Hum...\nSo this is PUDDLE TOWN's\pWISH PUDDLE...\nI wonder if the wishes\nreally come true...

#org 0x85DB68
= I have this old coin!\nShould I throw it?

#org 0x85DB84
= [PLAYER] threw the LUCK CHARM\n...\p......\n............\p.............................\n...Huh!\pThe water is shining!

#org 0x85DBA0
= iraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachiiiiiiii

#org 0x85DBBC
= The wish came true...
I can't understand the why of the last 3 raws of a check item script so I supose it's better to ask before I mess up...=P Oh and the item slot is 69..

Thnx for all the help!
[[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]
Stay Sick\m/

Hail
Can someone answer this please =\
[[]]
Stay Sick\m/

PikaPook
May 17th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I dont know what happened,i just add more things to the title screen
and look at this:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5972/pokemoniceage025db.png

gondra10
May 17th, 2006, 04:29 PM
hey are there any tools that create what moves actually look like in the game???

like change where the rocks fall in rockslide or where the ... you know??? plz help

DrCoolSanta
May 17th, 2006, 06:54 PM
well scizz, i used scripted when i saw that diamond cutter was not there though rubikon said to use it. But wats wrong with my script that it give type 13 mismatch?

Nitsuj99
May 17th, 2006, 07:08 PM
How Do I change the tilesets in Emerald? I want them to look like Fire Red....

oh and Im talking about the emerald rom pokeroms.ini offsets for the trainers back pics.....do you know what they are?

Pazuzu
May 18th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Hail
Can someone answer this please =\
[[]]
Stay Sick\m/
#include stdpoke.rbh
#org 0x85DB14
lock
faceplayer
message 0x85DB30
boxset 0x4
checkflag 0x11F
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 0x85DB4C
#raw 47
#raw 69
#raw 0
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 0x85DB4C
setflag 0x11F
release
end
#org 0x85DB4A
release
end
#org 0x85DB4C
lock
message 0x85DB68
boxset 0x4
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 0x85DB84
release
end
#org 0x85DB84
lock
message 0x85DBA0
cry 0x1 PKMN_JIRACHI
boxset 0x6
message 0x85DBBC
boxset 0x4
release
end
#org 0x85DB30
= Hum...\nSo this is PUDDLE TOWN's\pWISH PUDDLE...\nI wonder if the wishes\nreally come true...
#org 0x85DB68
#org 0x85DB84
= [PLAYER] threw the LUCK CHARM\n...\p......\n............\p.............................\n...Huh!\pThe water is shining!
#org 0x85DBA0
#org 0x85DBBC
= The wish came true...
Untested. However, errors were fixed and it should work now. (The only thing that could happen is that you chose wrong offsets for your script parts, as they could overwrite each other.)

The battle tiles can be edited with unLZ-GBA.

I dont know what happened,i just add more things to the title screen
and look at this:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5972/pokemoniceage025db.png
Your image was too big when you inserted it, so other data got overwritten, causing this.

Repoint the image if it is too big by changing the image offset when you save it to the ROM.

hey are there any tools that create what moves actually look like in the game???

like change where the rocks fall in rockslide or where the ... you know??? plz help
No, there aren't any tools which are able to do that yet.

well scizz, i used scripted when i saw that diamond cutter was not there though rubikon said to use it. But wats wrong with my script that it give type 13 mismatch?
If you would actually read my reply to your question, you would notice that I posted the fixed script for you...
You can easily see what was wrong by comparing your old one and the new fixed one I posted.

How Do I change the tilesets in Emerald? I want them to look like Fire Red....

oh and Im talking about the emerald rom pokeroms.ini offsets for the trainers back pics.....do you know what they are?
The Tileset question has been asked many times already, and you can easily find the answer by browsing through this thread or by using the search function.

The trainer backpics in Emerald are uncompressed.
That means that you can't edit them with unLZ-GBA or RS-Ball.
You can find them with TLP or Tile Molester at offset 00D65B40 (Hex).

PikaPook
May 18th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Your image was too big when you inserted it, so other data got overwritten, causing this.

Repoint the image if it is too big by changing the image offset when you save it to the ROM.

How can i know to what image offest to change?

DrCoolSanta
May 18th, 2006, 07:33 AM
thx scizz now anotherthing
does ne1 have the pallets for tlp (ruby) for as many pictures possible, (working with greens is difficult for me)

mxkpkmnextu??
May 18th, 2006, 10:06 AM
#include stdpoke.rbh
#org 0x85DB14
lock
faceplayer
message 0x85DB30
boxset 0x4
checkflag 0x11F
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 0x85DB4C
#raw 47
#raw 69
#raw 0
#raw 1
#raw 0
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 0x85DB4C
setflag 0x11F
release
end
#org 0x85DB4A
release
end
#org 0x85DB4C
lock
message 0x85DB68
boxset 0x4
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 0x85DB84
release
end
#org 0x85DB84
lock
message 0x85DBA0
cry 0x1 PKMN_JIRACHI
boxset 0x6
message 0x85DBBC
boxset 0x4
release
end
#org 0x85DB30
#org 0x85DB68
#org 0x85DB84
#org 0x85DBA0
#org 0x85DBBC
= The wish came true...
Untested. However, errors were fixed and it should work now. (The only thing that could happen is that you chose wrong offsets for your script parts, as they could overwrite each other.)

The battle tiles can be edited with unLZ-GBA.

Hail
Thnx again for the help=)
But the script gives me a type mismatch and about the battle tiles I asked what where the offsets of them in FireRed...=\
Thnx for all the help given
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu
May 18th, 2006, 10:51 AM
How can i know to what image offest to change?
o.o;
When ever the "Image is too big" message appears (if the "Abort if new data is bigger" box is checked), you know that your image is too big.
In that case, insert an offset to free space in the Image offset box, uncheck the "Abort if new data is bigger" box, check the "Automatically fix pointers" box, and click on OK.

Hail
Thnx again for the help=)
But the script gives me a type mismatch and about the battle tiles I asked what where the offsets of them in FireRed...=\
Thnx for all the help given
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/
I can't reproduce the error, the script inserted just fine.
The battle tiles of Fire Red start at No. 3 in unLZ.
However, they are some numbers apart. (3,8,13,18,23,28,33,38, etc.)