PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Simple Questions

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

AssassinX
May 18th, 2006, 01:11 PM
How can I add new pokemon, to Gold Version. Pokedrome downloads wont work they are corupt so How can I do it?

Nitsuj99
May 18th, 2006, 02:46 PM
The Tileset question has been asked many times already, and you can easily find the answer by browsing through this thread or by using the search function.

I did! ..... I have Tried everything..... Ive tried importing them in to advance map, ive tried exporting fire red tiles from unLZ and importing them to emerald, but when I do this The tiles get all screwed up when I play the game....I like importing them to advace map, cause its esier, but The tiles still get screwed up......I just need to know a way that I could change the tilesets without them messing up...??

Roxie Mika
May 18th, 2006, 06:40 PM
I did! ..... I have Tried everything..... Ive tried importing them in to advance map, ive tried exporting fire red tiles from unLZ and importing them to emerald, but when I do this The tiles get all screwed up when I play the game....I like importing them to advace map, cause its esier, but The tiles still get screwed up......I just need to know a way that I could change the tilesets without them messing up...??

You don't.

You have to change the tiles from the Emerald type to the FireRed type manually using the AdvanceMap Block Editor... And you have to edit the animations in a different tile editor. (Tile Layer Pro, or Tile Molester)

~Kucheat

drem
May 18th, 2006, 10:36 PM
thanks scizz for the flag ...
For minimap i can't edit it, becose is compressed !
i used cyclone, but is not combatible with firered ! O_o

And, how to edit the backpic in firered US !
i used TLP, but is no simple to edit it,

PikaPook
May 18th, 2006, 10:57 PM
scizz
how do i know in what offest there is a free space

As_Stars_Go_Out
May 19th, 2006, 02:50 AM
hello,
can anyone help me in my fire red hack i want to edit the pokemon that trainers have using hex i know how to find them i just dont know what to use for pokemons levels if someone could post all the levels that would be helpful i have tried everything and i can't do it :( please help.

x dan

Christos
May 19th, 2006, 03:19 AM
scizz
how do i know in what offest there is a free space

Scroll down and you'll find 0000s and FFFFs click on one and check the offset.Its bytes will be 0 so it's an empty offset

Save the tileset with any palette than 0.Some tiles might get screwed up cause it's a different tileset and some tiles' positions from FR/LG are different than R/S/E

gondra10
May 19th, 2006, 01:09 PM
is there a tool that can set what pokemon moves actually look like? ex. set where the fist hits in Mach punch or the duration of the shaking in Earthquake, or where the fire burns when a pokemon is burnt???

plz help

Wedge Dassan
May 20th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Were can i get advance battle ive looked every where and the luinks are broken.

Burn-unit
May 20th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Elitemaps meant to be mint, but it never works for me. I'm sure i've got everything needed but it comes with runtime errors and says 'pokemon aren't found in database.' (something crap like that.) I've put the ROM into the elitemap folder like you do, and it still acts funny. Please help, i'm tearing my hair out.

Pokepearl
May 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
What are the offsets from the Pokemoncentertileset in Unlzgba (Pkmn LG)

D_12
May 21st, 2006, 02:28 AM
Do we know how to start a tile molester with java runtime envoitment?

Christos
May 21st, 2006, 03:27 AM
If you have WInRAR uninstall it and open the Tile Molester thing that was like a zip with extension .jar.If you have Java Runtime Env. installed it'll open
Then install WinRar again and untick jar in the installation so that .jar files like TileMolester won't open with WinRar.

Alistair
May 21st, 2006, 03:31 AM
D 12, why don't you just use Tile Layer Pro?

Scompi
May 21st, 2006, 09:48 AM
i was editing my fire red rom, and then when i went to go test it, i opened it and the vba just flashed white, and stayed as a white screen.

it has never done this before.

PLZ help!

mxkpkmnextu??
May 21st, 2006, 01:08 PM
Hail
When I repoint an img offset how do I know that offset has the right measures for my new pic??
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

DrCoolSanta
May 21st, 2006, 10:13 PM
how do you repoint stuff in birch's intro?
well another thing how wuld one repoint pictures or some data, well i have done all the data in one place but how do you change the pointer? and if i want to add extra data?
well and does ne1 have a tuty for all commands for rubikode, well i mean commands usage scripting and stuff so i dun mean the stuff in the tuty file with rubicon

offtopic: edit: See burn unit's posts, it shows 0 when we already have one here?
well help me, now u have to answer another question
how do you edit the azurill in the intro?
plz help me

StUd_moNKey101
May 22nd, 2006, 12:01 AM
Hi!

Im a new member here and am making a game/ hack called Pokemon Oceans,
and i need a tool to change the starter pokemon on pokemon Ruby for i to be am making the Hack (the other threads have broken links) so anyways... if you know where i can get one please tell!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Shiny_link
May 22nd, 2006, 01:43 AM
Hi guys sorry I have been gone for some many months it feels like for ever any way I making a simple hack but I want to make only one starter so one you click the bag it will say you have received Pikachu, Would you like to give Pikachu a nickname..."
So how is it done... Thanks, Great to be back...

Violet
May 22nd, 2006, 11:31 AM
1.) Is there any possibility of changing pokemon's abilities? For example Changing Bulbasaur's overgrown into natural cure.

2.) Is there a way of having the crystal like animations in the start of battles, but in Fr/LG? Of course the sprites would need to be edited, I just wanna know if it's possible.

Shiny_link
May 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
I need a Trainer editor because cause tried to download Advance Battle Editor from www.pokedrome.com but there server is stuffing up so is there any place to download it or is there a better tool... reminder I am a Noob...

Tetsu
May 22nd, 2006, 03:41 PM
I'm at my wits end. I have a hack all planned out completly for pokemon crystal, but ive run into one problem. I can't find CrysMap anymore. I've done the 'google-it' angle, the 'go-to-the-page-and-if-not-the-page-that-isnt-its-page-but-has-it-anyway' angle, and the 'ask-an-online-friend-if-they-have-it' angle. So now I'm at the 'ask-everyone-on-a-forum' angle, and if no one does, im pretty much out of angles.

So in simple: after searching and searching for crysmap, does anyone here know where i can get it. please PM me with a link.

Meteordragon01
May 22nd, 2006, 06:12 PM
1. Does anyone know how to use PokeCryGUI? And if so, can you tell me how to use it or direct me towards a tutorial with pictures. Im stupid, so I must have pictures.

2. Does anyone have any Mario(Nintendo Mario).wav music files? With Mario saying something like: itsa me! Mario! or Hello! (Its for a hack)

Vee217
May 23rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
i tries using <font color=green>[PLAYER]</font color> to try to change the font color ... those of you who know html know thats how to do it but obvioulsly thats not how to do it fot a-text ... anybody know how?

Pazuzu
May 24th, 2006, 04:58 AM
How can I add new pokemon, to Gold Version. Pokedrome downloads wont work they are corupt so How can I do it?
Depends if you mean "add" or "edit" Pokémon.
If you want to edit them, there is AgiXP for the pictures, Pokémon Amplifier for the data, aswell as a Hex-Editor for the name and other texts.

That was the easy way.

Tha harder way will be to add new Pokémon, as you have to insert a Picture, texts and stats via a Hex-Editor and edit the pointers of the free slots to point to your newly inserted data.

Pokedrome is not the only site mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference. ROM-Hackers World, for example, has all the things you need.

thanks scizz for the flag ...
For minimap i can't edit it, becose is compressed !
i used cyclone, but is not combatible with firered ! O_o

And, how to edit the backpic in firered US !
i used TLP, but is no simple to edit it,
Cyclone is compatible to Fire-Red.
All you have to do is to dump the tilemap and tiles of the map, then load them in Cyclone.

Go to offset 00E69E00 (Hex) in TLP, and you will see the trainer backpics.
Then simply edit them tile by tile. (Resize the width of the windowto adjust the view of the pictures, alternatively adjust it by using the + and - keys aswell.)

hello,
can anyone help me in my fire red hack i want to edit the pokemon that trainers have using hex i know how to find them i just dont know what to use for pokemons levels if someone could post all the levels that would be helpful i have tried everything and i can't do it :( please help.

x dan
Simply open your Windows Calculator. Switch to Scientific mode, enter your level, and click on the "Hex" radio button. Now you have your level in Hex.
This also works vice versa.

is there a tool that can set what pokemon moves actually look like? ex. set where the fist hits in Mach punch or the duration of the shaking in Earthquake, or where the fire burns when a pokemon is burnt???

plz help
This is not possible at the moment.

Were can i get advance battle ive looked every where and the luinks are broken.
You didn't look everywhere, obviously.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1972319&postcount=2

Elitemaps meant to be mint, but it never works for me. I'm sure i've got everything needed but it comes with runtime errors and says 'pokemon aren't found in database.' (something crap like that.) I've put the ROM into the elitemap folder like you do, and it still acts funny. Please help, i'm tearing my hair out.
Your "Pokeroms.ini" file is missing the offsets of the ROM your tried to load.
You either have to add them yourself by finding them with a Hex-Editor, or use a different ROM, which's offsets are already added.

What are the offsets from the Pokemoncentertileset in Unlzgba (Pkmn LG)

i was editing my fire red rom, and then when i went to go test it, i opened it and the vba just flashed white, and stayed as a white screen.

it has never done this before.

PLZ help!
You have corrupted your ROM.
The easiest way to fix it would be to continue working with your backup copy.

Hail
When I repoint an img offset how do I know that offset has the right measures for my new pic??
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/
It doesn't matter, as the size of the used pics is not determined by the offsets, but by the routines that use them.
As long as you don't change the image size, you can repoint it to any offset.

how do you repoint stuff in birch's intro?
well another thing how wuld one repoint pictures or some data, well i have done all the data in one place but how do you change the pointer? and if i want to add extra data?
well and does ne1 have a tuty for all commands for rubikode, well i mean commands usage scripting and stuff so i dun mean the stuff in the tuty file with rubicon

well help me, now u have to answer another question
how do you edit the azurill in the intro?
plz help me
Well, first off, people don't have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to. Don't forget that.

Simply calculate the pointer of the original offset and the pointer of your new offset. Then search for the old pointer, and once you found it, replace it with the new one.
(You can use A-Point from the Tools SHowcase if you have problems calculating the pointers.)

At the moment, there are no other documentations of RubiKode.
However, the "commands.html" of EliteMap includes all commands that are usable with ScriptED at the moment, and how they are to be used.

Simply find the pointer of the text that appears before it appears with a Hex-Editor.
Then simply go through the bytes until you find it's Hex value (5E01), and change it to the value of another Pokémon.

This has been answered before, so please use the search function instead of asking the same question again, thanks.

Hi!

Im a new member here and am making a game/ hack called Pokemon Oceans,
and i need a tool to change the starter pokemon on pokemon Ruby for i to be am making the Hack (the other threads have broken links) so anyways... if you know where i can get one please tell!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!
There are sites listed in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase, which offer that kind of tools.

Alternatively, you can do it by using this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52382) tutorial.

Hi guys sorry I have been gone for some many months it feels like for ever any way I making a simple hack but I want to make only one starter so one you click the bag it will say you have received Pikachu, Would you like to give Pikachu a nickname..."
So how is it done... Thanks, Great to be back...
'-----------------------
#org 0x800000
lock
fanfare 0x172
msgbox 0x8800150 '"\v\h01 obtained a PI..."
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
#raw 0x43
copyvar 0x8004 LASTRESULT
givepokemon 25 0x5 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x7D
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x19
#raw 0x0
msgbox 0x8800200 '"Want to give a nickn..."
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 jump 0x800100
#raw 0x6B
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x800100
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
#raw 0x27
#raw 0x3
#raw 0x80
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x4
#raw 0x80
#raw 0x31
#raw 0x74
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x67
#raw 0x98
#raw 0x14
#raw 0x1A
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x66
#raw 0x32
#raw 0x45
#raw 0x4
#raw 0x80
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x0
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800150
= \v\h01 obtained a PIKACHU.

#org 0x800200
= Want to give a nickname to the\n\v\h03 you received?

No Flags, etc. set. You have to do that by yourself, as I don't know what Flags you are using, what else you want to happen in the Script, etc.

1.) Is there any possibility of changing pokemon's abilities? For example Changing Bulbasaur's overgrown into natural cure.

2.) Is there a way of having the crystal like animations in the start of battles, but in Fr/LG? Of course the sprites would need to be edited, I just wanna know if it's possible.
1. BaseED (Comes with EliteMap), or a Hex-Editor.

2. No. That would require loads of ASM hacking.

I need a Trainer editor because cause tried to download Advance Battle Editor from www.pokedrome.com (http://www.pokedrome.com/) but there server is stuffing up so is there any place to download it or is there a better tool... reminder I am a Noob...
Trainer-Battle Customizer, PET, Hex-Editor.

Pokedrome is not the only website which offers tools for download.
There are other sites, which are mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase, which offer them aswell.

PET is included in the EliteMap package, and can be downloaded from the link provided there.
For a Hex-Editor check Zophar's Domain, and TBC can be downloaded at ROM-Hackers World.

I'm at my wits end. I have a hack all planned out completly for pokemon crystal, but ive run into one problem. I can't find CrysMap anymore. I've done the 'google-it' angle, the 'go-to-the-page-and-if-not-the-page-that-isnt-its-page-but-has-it-anyway' angle, and the 'ask-an-online-friend-if-they-have-it' angle. So now I'm at the 'ask-everyone-on-a-forum' angle, and if no one does, im pretty much out of angles.

So in simple: after searching and searching for crysmap, does anyone here know where i can get it. please PM me with a link.
ROM-Hackers World (http://magicstone.de/rhw/index.php?action=gstools)

1. Does anyone know how to use PokeCryGUI? And if so, can you tell me how to use it or direct me towards a tutorial with pictures. Im stupid, so I must have pictures.
Load your Ruby/Sapphire ROM.

To save sounds:
Select a wave file you want to dump the Pokémon's sound to. (It's a bit confusing, as it says "Open" instead of "Save" on the button.)
Enter the Pokémon's number in the "PokeID" box and click on "Dump" to save the Pokémon sound as a *.wav file.

To load sounds:
Select a wave file that contains your Pokémon's sound. (It has to be in the same format as you dumped it in. (8bit, 11 KHz.)
Enter the Pokémon's number of which you want to overwrite the sound and click on "Encode".

Simple as that.

i tries using <font color=green>[PLAYER]</font color> to try to change the font color ... those of you who know html know thats how to do it but obvioulsly thats not how to do it fot a-text ... anybody know how?
Well, A-Text is no HTML editor, obviously.
Just as the ROMs are not made of HTML code.

[BLUE], [BLACK] and [RED] are the color tags you can use with A-Text at the moment.

Example: "[RED]This is a red text."

DrCoolSanta
May 24th, 2006, 06:37 AM
i searched for everything excipt rubikode tuty after i posted it here :P
i asked u for rubicode and stuff before this so im still feeling dumb

by the way where did u learn rubikode and why do my posts get deleted so often i replied to vitodaguido

Pazuzu
May 24th, 2006, 07:59 AM
i searched for everything excipt rubikode tuty after i posted it here :P
i asked u for rubicode and stuff before this so im still feeling dumb

by the way where did u learn rubikode and why do my posts get deleted so often i replied to vitodaguido
By looking at the command reference that comes with EliteMap and by looking at actual scripts of the game. Also a lot by experimenting with the commands.
Try to understand what they do, see the script in-game if needed, once you understood the functionality of a command, it is easy to use it in your own scripts.

The reason for the deletion of your posts is pretty simple. You were breaking the thread rules several times, as you were demanding to be answered every time.
Do not demand for answers to your questions! People do not have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to! Not only are those posts annoying, they also are completely pointless! If such a post is found, it will probably be deleted.
Your post replying to ViToDaGuiDo's question provided no help about his problem, but was a rant about how he was in the wrong forum about HTML, etc., that's the reason why it was deleted.

If you have further querys or concerns about this matter, feel free to contact me via PM (http://www.pokecommunity.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=6364), as this thread is for simple questions about ROM-Hacking only.

insectduel
May 24th, 2006, 08:41 AM
How do you guys decompress Pokemon Icons. I looked through the tile editor (YY-CHR) and I see Icons get scrambled up when I used the Ruby ROM. Even the PokePic won't help putting these Icons onto my tile editor because they are images and not tilesets.

Storing images onto my tile editor won't even help.

Brainpower
May 24th, 2006, 10:50 AM
If you download elitemap you get a load of other programs,
if i open dexter or some other programs,
It says:
No GBA roms are currently in directory at all.
How can i fix that?

Korussive Acidsan
May 24th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I need some great Pokemon Re hacking tools, but everywhere I look doesn't seem to have any. Pokedrome's are all broken links, and I am desprete to change the Pokemon names and Sprites to that of Ruby and Sapphire Pokemon. Well, some at least. Help?

drem
May 24th, 2006, 01:38 PM
simple, you can us Iconed (download it from pokédrome) :classic:

1-how to edit the flowers animation
2-how to color the texts
3-how to modify the doors animations
4-how to make plants dots "ex: IMG (http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7111/copiedecopiederuby5br.png)"
5-how to make the birds fly on the "1" mouvement "ex: IMG (http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7003/copiedecopiederuby049mt.png)"
6-how to search the roms offsets for other hacktools

Vee217
May 24th, 2006, 04:57 PM
in pokemon ruby i changed route 101 into a volcano and i made a warp that goes inside of the volcano but for some reason when i lay down the tiles that wud be considered( "grass" outside of the volcano,) inside the volcano for some reason it wont let me get into any wild pokemon battles. any ideas?

DrCoolSanta
May 24th, 2006, 08:06 PM
It says:
How can i fix that?
Put the ROM you r hacking in EliteMap's directory (folder)

2-how to color the texts
scizz already answered you about that, in advanced text
search for the text put it into the ini and when editing do sumthing like this
[green]Green Text
and you will have green text

BTW:
1 How do you edit the bag stuff in ruby, i mean that i dont want any bag on the way, you cant edit that in EM
2 how do you change an overworld sprite in the game
Actually I want to make it that you see a pokeball, you pick it up and you see there is a pokemon in it, but it is not a pokemon it is a _____(cant tell because that wuld open my hacks secret) and suddenly you become a pokemon

somebody out there who would help me

drem
May 24th, 2006, 10:05 PM
that's is for RUBY ? or is new version of advance-text ?

Other questions :
7-how to edit a tiles preferences (jump zone, warp zone, grass zone....)

all my questions has for sapphire !

DrCoolSanta
May 24th, 2006, 10:14 PM
oops forgot its only [BLACK] [RED] [BLUE]
u can use poketronic for that pupose also

drem
May 25th, 2006, 04:53 AM
sorry, but is only for FR/LG/E and+ i search the constast of red and blue... and a orenge and green and puple, (ex POKéMON NARANJA )

DrCoolSanta
May 25th, 2006, 10:58 PM
tis one is important
in unlz gba, i inported the tileset and exported the tilemap from pokeemerald
but in cyclone it loads with everything correct but there seems to be a problem with the right part of rayquazas head. wat shuld i do,
the colors changed because it is saved in gif with paint

drem
May 26th, 2006, 02:22 AM
tis one is important
in unlz gba, i inported the tileset and exported the tilemap from pokeemerald
but in cyclone it loads with everything correct but there seems to be a problem with the right part of rayquazas head. wat shuld i do,
the colors changed because it is saved in gif with paint
is a mirror tile, to no recopy the tile objects !

Christos
May 26th, 2006, 03:14 AM
1.Can anyone give me the locations of the gym leaders in emerald in a hex editor?
2.I tried to do a warp script but when I clicked yes,it didn't warp me at 24.11(Petalburg Woods) at warp event nr.1
Here's the script:
#org 0x800000
message 0x800030
boxset 0x2
message 0x800055
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 0x800150
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
break

#org 0x800150
message 0x800125
boxset 0x2
warp 0x24 0x11 0x01
break

#org 0x800030
= Hello, can I help you?
#org 0x800055
= Wanna go somewhere?
#org 0x800100
= Maybe some other time...
#org 0x800125
= Ok ,let's go!

SeanAir
May 26th, 2006, 06:38 AM
How do you make it that you only get one pokemon instead of three?

DrCoolSanta
May 26th, 2006, 07:09 AM
it hasent been much time since this was answered seanair, look at pg31

Kroko_Boy
May 26th, 2006, 07:52 AM
1.How do we edit the music in R/S/E and FR/LG??

2.How do we play betas???

3.How do we edit the sprites in R/S/E and FR/LG(not overworld but pokemon and trainer sprites)???

Micklo
May 26th, 2006, 08:20 AM
So how exactly do you insert a script?

I'm so new that it's laughable!

DarkXmaster
May 26th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Everytime i play "Pokemon Firered"ROM it say "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed' where can i install it.

Korussive Acidsan
May 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM
You don't. That means that the game cannot be saved by normal means. On VBA you must click Save/Load to save an, well, load.

Pazuzu
May 26th, 2006, 11:39 AM
How do you guys decompress Pokemon Icons. I looked through the tile editor (YY-CHR) and I see Icons get scrambled up when I used the Ruby ROM. Even the PokePic won't help putting these Icons onto my tile editor because they are images and not tilesets.

Storing images onto my tile editor won't even help.
As said, IconED made by dark01 can edit the Pokémon Mini-Pics for you.

It says:
How can i fix that?
Simpyl copy your GBA ROMs into your EliteMap folder. (Extract them from their ZIP files if you haven't done so already.)

simple, you can us Iconed (download it from pokédrome) :classic:

1-how to edit the flowers animation
2-how to color the texts
3-how to modify the doors animations
4-how to make plants dots "ex: IMG (http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7111/copiedecopiederuby5br.png)"
5-how to make the birds fly on the "1" mouvement "ex: IMG (http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7003/copiedecopiederuby049mt.png)"
6-how to search the roms offsets for other hacktools
1. They seem to be uncompressed, so you can edit them with TLP or Tile Molester.

2. The easiest methode is to use the [RED]/[BLUE] and [BLACK] tags of Advance-text.

3. Again, this can be done with TLP or Tile Molester.

4. What do you mean by "plants dots"? o.o

5. If you take a look at the Movement data, you'll that Sergio used a different height level, 14, insted of 0.

6. Just open a ROM you have offsets for with a Hex-Editor, and search the bytes from the offsets in the unsupported ROM, then write down the offset you find the data at.

in pokemon ruby i changed route 101 into a volcano and i made a warp that goes inside of the volcano but for some reason when i lay down the tiles that wud be considered( "grass" outside of the volcano,) inside the volcano for some reason it wont let me get into any wild pokemon battles. any ideas?
Do you have Wild Pokémon set for the inside map?

Are you sure that you used the same tilesets?

BTW:
1 How do you edit the bag stuff in ruby, i mean that i dont want any bag on the way, you cant edit that in EM
2 how do you change an overworld sprite in the game
Actually I want to make it that you see a pokeball, you pick it up and you see there is a pokemon in it, but it is not a pokemon it is a _____(cant tell because that wuld open my hacks secret) and suddenly you become a pokemon

somebody out there who would help me
1. You would have to disable the menu entry of the bag.
If this can't be done via a flag, then you would have to use ASM hacking to change it.

2. That would be possible with a script. However, the command that changes the player's sprite has not been discovered yet.

Other questions :
7-how to edit a tiles preferences (jump zone, warp zone, grass zone....)

all my questions has for sapphire !
That can be edited via Advance-Map's block editor, or via a Hex-Editor in the tile behaviour data.

sorry, but is only for FR/LG/E and+ i search the constast of red and blue... and a orenge and green and puple, (ex POKéMON NARANJA )
If you want different colors than the ones supported by Advance-Text, you have to put the color command in front of your text by Hex.
[FC01][color value]

1.Can anyone give me the locations of the gym leaders in emerald in a hex editor?
2.I tried to do a warp script but when I clicked yes,it didn't warp me at 24.11(Petalburg Woods) at warp event nr.1
Here's the script:
1. Simply load your Emerald ROM with PET, scroll to the Gym leader and copy the offset from the "Pokémon offset" box. Then you can edit the Pokémon and attacks with a Hex-Editor.

#org 0x800000
message 0x800030
boxset 0x2
message 0x800055
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 0x800150
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800150
message 0x800125
boxset 0x2
warp 0x18 0xb 0x01
end
#org 0x800030
= Hello, can I help you?
#org 0x800055
= Wanna go somewhere?
#org 0x800100
= Maybe some other time...
#org 0x800125
= Ok ,let's go!

How do you make it that you only get one pokemon instead of three?
As said, this has already been asked and answered.

You will have to edit the scripts of the game.
One way has been posted on the previous page.

Please use the search function and have a look through the thread in the future.

1.How do we edit the music in R/S/E and FR/LG??

2.How do we play betas???

3.How do we edit the sprites in R/S/E and FR/LG(not overworld but pokemon and trainer sprites)???
All of your questions have already been asked and answered before. Please use the search function of this thread or take a look through the previous pages in the future.

1. Either by using Sappy, or by using a Hex-Editor.
Links can be found in the Tools Showcase.

2. An IPS-Patching FAQ has been posted in the stickied FAQ thread in this forum.

3. By using unLZ-GBA, Pokepic, or RS-Ball, which come with EliteMap.

So how exactly do you insert a script?

I'm so new that it's laughable!
This has also been asked before.
Please use the search function of this thread or read through the previous pages in the future.

Simply insert your script in ScriptED's textbox, and click the "Compile" button.
Make sure that your ROM is in the same folder as ScriptED and that it's filenam eis free of spaces.

Everytime i play "Pokemon Firered"ROM it say "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed' where can i install it.
A methode to fix this has been posted in the stickied FAQ thread of this forum.

DrCoolSanta
May 26th, 2006, 07:56 PM
1. You would have to disable the menu entry of the bag.
If this can't be done via a flag, then you would have to use ASM hacking to change it.

2. That would be possible with a script. However, the command that changes the player's sprite has not been discovered yet.

I meant Proffessor birch's bag i have been able to remove the fadescreen and special so that nothing happens when you press a on it, i actually did that so it does not give you a pokemon i only want one starter which you get in your house

keagan2
May 26th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Hi i was wondering if any one could post a link or tell me how to edit the way that the trainers look.

Help appreciated

keagan2

Blazichu
May 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Hi i was wondering if any one could post a link or tell me how to edit the way that the trainers look.

Help appreciated

keagan2

Matters which game, if R/S either Iconed or Download EliteMap and try and find one of the many programs it has with it.

if G/S either Gold Sprite editor or Agixp 4.11

or just uses Tile Lay Pro

Fras
May 27th, 2006, 04:25 AM
How do I edit the prices in the shop.

Thanks in advance fras

As_Stars_Go_Out
May 27th, 2006, 04:32 AM
can someone please post the offsets of the gym leaders in FR? thanks in advance

drem
May 27th, 2006, 05:06 AM
- thanks scizz, but what is offset for offset for the flower and the door animations in TLP or tilemolester !

- the "green dots" has the herbs on the hero footer (i'm bad in english ^^') ("07" in behavior)

-for the color hex i us "advance color" ?

-what is "byte" ?

-i can't edit the warp tile and grass tile with blockeditor( i edit behavior, but has no effect ), and i can't know how to edit it with a hex editor

charimon
May 27th, 2006, 07:40 AM
need help with this script:

#org 0X6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
break

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
give pokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
break

#org 0x6CD900
= Here's a Bulbasaur! he's bulb needs to grow.
#org 0x6CD8F0
= How's Bulbasaur doing, did he grow alot?

when i tried 2 compile this script it said :
"Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted."

so what did i do wrong or where is the problem?
thanks in advance :)

Winona122
May 27th, 2006, 07:42 AM
I have a question too. I know how to edit the starter Pokemon in Emerald but how do I edit the Pokemon my rival uses? Thanks in advance as well.

DrCoolSanta
May 27th, 2006, 07:49 AM
ramon put this after givepokemon
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0

charimon
May 27th, 2006, 08:02 AM
ramon put this after givepokemon
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
thanks alot ;) finally i hope that it would work now :)
edit:
somehow it still doesn't work i placed it after give pokemon and before break, so it became this one:
#org 0X6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
break

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
give pokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
#raw 0
break

#org 0x6CD900
#org 0x6CD8F0
so what is the prob now?

Micklo
May 27th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Just wondering, what so all the parts mean when making a warp script. There are three x0000s, but what do they all specify?

Mr Smith
May 27th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Hi all
I have a question
Give it a tool with what change the Player Character to Team Magma or Team Aqua
Please help im a N00b :(

Sorry for my bad english :\

Christos
May 27th, 2006, 09:13 AM
@ramon99:If you put the raw thing the person who gives Bulbasaur to you will dissappear,the problem you have isn't on the script.Your rom must have no space in the name and be in EliteMap folder and the .rbc too.That should work ^^

charimon
May 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
@ramon99:If you put the raw thing the person who gives Bulbasaur to you will dissappear,the problem you have isn't on the script.Your rom must have no space in the name and be in EliteMap folder and the .rbc too.That should work ^^
ooh so stupid of me that i forgot that it has not enough space i give it just 1 line space not more...

Pazuzu
May 27th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I meant Proffessor birch's bag i have been able to remove the fadescreen and special so that nothing happens when you press a on it, i actually did that so it does not give you a pokemon i only want one starter which you get in your house
Remove/change the trigger events on the route/Litteroot, so that they keep blocking the way until you get your Pokémon.
For the bag, just change it into a Person and give it a text script or something.
Then just add the needed scripts to the Lab.
See the Script Database in the tutorial forum and the previous page of this thread for a "givepokemon" script.

Help appreciated

keagan2
This has already been asked and answered before. Please use the search function in the future.

You can edit the Trainer pics with unLZ-GBA and an Image editor in the Advance-games.

For the Metallic games, you'll need Meowth's GFX inserter, a Tile editor and an Image editor.

How do I edit the prices in the shop.

Thanks in advance fras
Advance-Mart's Item editor can easily edit the prices for you.
The only other choice is a Hex-Editor.
You can get the Item-data offsets from Advance-Mart's INI file.

can someone please post the offsets of the gym leaders in FR? thanks in advance
Simply load your FR ROM with PET, scroll to the Gym leader and copy the offset from the "Pokémon offset" box. Then you can edit the Pokémon and attacks with a Hex-Editor.

- thanks scizz, but what is offset for offset for the flower and the door animations in TLP or tilemolester !

- the "green dots" has the herbs on the hero footer (i'm bad in english ^^') ("07" in behavior)

-for the color hex i us "advance color" ?

-what is "byte" ?

-i can't edit the warp tile and grass tile with blockeditor( i edit behavior, but has no effect ), and i can't know how to edit it with a hex editor

- The door animations are stored at 308F1C (Ruby US). They're a bit hard to spot, though.
I can't tell you where the flower one is stored at the moment, however, it should be around there aswell.

- If you mean how to make the area on which you can plant berries, then you just have to place the tiles on the map, assign the Movement permission "D" to them, and add person events for the places where to plant them.
The easiest way would be to copy them off of another map, by looking at the values of each event and then copying them to your new one.

- No, for the command [FC01][value], you simply use values from 01-??.
06 stands for Red, 08 stands for Blue, and 02 stands for Black.

- A byte simply is a Hexadecimal value, like 00, 01, 02, 0A. FF, etc.

- If you can't edit it with a Hex-Editor and Advance-Map doesn't work correctly, then there is currently no other method.

need help with this script:

when i tried 2 compile this script it said :
"Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted."

so what did i do wrong or where is the problem?
thanks in advance :)
First off, there is no "break" command implemented in RubiKode, please remember this.
#org 0x6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
givepokemon 0x01 0x05 0x00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x6CD900

#org 0x6CD8F0
The script is untested, but should work.

To fix the error you get, simply remove all spaces from the ROM's filename and make sure it is located in the same folder as ScriptED.

I have a question too. I know how to edit the starter Pokemon in Emerald but how do I edit the Pokemon my rival uses? Thanks in advance as well.
The Rival Pokémon in R/S/E are stored in the Trainer data.
You can edit them with any Trainer editor, such a PET, or TBC.

Just wondering, what so all the parts mean when making a warp script. There are three x0000s, but what do they all specify?
If you take a look at the "commands.html" which comes with EliteMap, you will see what the parameters are used for.

warp 0x[bank] 0x[map] 0x[warp no.]

Hi all
I have a question
Give it a tool with what change the Player Character to Team Magma or Team Aqua
Please help im a N00b :(

Sorry for my bad english :\
To change the Map-Sprites, you can use TLP or Xeon's Overworld Sprite Editor.
To change the Battle and Trainercard sprites, you have to use unLZ-GBA and TLP.

Ghost...
May 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM
how do you even do all of this? it sounds like fun, but can you make your own rom, or do you have to edit other roms? and how do i get the program for all of this

Jonny Buuz
May 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I want to have the three starter pkmn in a ruby hack to be Eevees.

That much is done; the thing is, I want there to be a trigger of sorts that gives a different stone depending on which of the three that you chose.

Would I use flags in a script for that? If so, how?

Thanks a ton.

SeanAir
May 27th, 2006, 08:24 PM
how do you make it that you start off with a pokemon with out getting it from someone?

DrCoolSanta
May 27th, 2006, 09:28 PM
well edit someone like your mothers script to give you the pokemon, because the has an automatic event of talking to you

SCIZZ: never thought of making the bag a person, lol I was thinking of deleting the event, but stillthe strange mays father is being attack by poochyena how do i remove dat

Ghost...
May 28th, 2006, 04:28 AM
do gold and silver hacks work for crystal?

Pazuzu
May 28th, 2006, 07:27 AM
how do you even do all of this? it sounds like fun, but can you make your own rom, or do you have to edit other roms? and how do i get the program for all of this
You can program your own Games (Homebrews) and you can edit already existing ROMs.
Since you're a beginner, editing ROMs would be the easiest method to start with for you.
Tools can be found in the Tools Showcase and on Sites from the stickied threads.

I want to have the three starter pkmn in a ruby hack to be Eevees.

That much is done; the thing is, I want there to be a trigger of sorts that gives a different stone depending on which of the three that you chose.

Would I use flags in a script for that? If so, how?

Thanks a ton.
You can use flags for that, aswell as a variable.
When you receive the Pokémon, simple set a unique flag for every Pokémon, which differs depending on which you chose.
As alternative to that, you could use a variable, which stores the value of the chosen Pokémon.
Then all you have to do is to check which flags have been set, and then call a different giveitem script, depending on which have been set.
Same goes for the variable. You check what value is stored in it, and depending on the result, you call a different giveitem script, which gives you a different stone for each Pokémon.

SCIZZ: never thought of making the bag a person, lol I was thinking of deleting the event, but stillthe strange mays father is being attack by poochyena how do i remove dat
Sure, you could also delete the event.

As I told you before, you have to edit/remove the trigger events on the route, as they trigger the whole scene to start.

do gold and silver hacks work for crystal?
Certainly not, as Gold, Silver and Crystal are completely different games.
Every Hack only can be patched to the game it has originally been created of, to work properly.

Jonny Buuz
May 28th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Scizz is amazing for answering all these questions.

Which, of course, brings me to yet another. Pointers. I just don't understand them. In Sweet Love's tut about inserting new pkmn without eliminating old ones, she says to replace the pointer for the ?? pic (B8D6DD08) with a pointer to your new picture data (mine is 00106B08). Is B8D6DD08 an offset? 'Cause my offsets only go up to xFFFFFF, I dunno about yours. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but please help if you can.

mxkpkmnextu??
May 28th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Hail
I'm trying to repoint some img offsets with unlz but when I change I stays the same way what's the problem??=S
Even if I could repoint how do I know that the offset I repoint to will have enough space for the new img??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu
May 28th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Scizz is amazing for answering all these questions.

Which, of course, brings me to yet another. Pointers. I just don't understand them. In Sweet Love's tut about inserting new pkmn without eliminating old ones, she says to replace the pointer for the ?? pic (B8D6DD08) with a pointer to your new picture data (mine is 00106B08). Is B8D6DD08 an offset? 'Cause my offsets only go up to xFFFFFF, I dunno about yours. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but please help if you can.
B8D6DD08 is a pointer. And it points to the offset DDD6B8.

Pointers in the Advance games are simply calculated.
All you have to do is swap around the 1st and last bytes of an offset and add a 08 to them.
So, 123456 would become 56341208.

The same goes for converting a pointer back into an offset.
All you do is remove the 08 at the end, and swap the 1st and last bytes.
If you do this, 56341208 will become 123456 again, and you have your offset.

Hail
I'm trying to repoint some img offsets with unlz but when I change I stays the same way what's the problem??=S
Even if I could repoint how do I know that the offset I repoint to will have enough space for the new img??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
Have you inserted an offset to free space in the "Image offset" box of the Save dialog?

YOu don't really know, as that depends on the size of the image you are inserting.
Just use an offset with lots of FF or 00 bytes, and you'll be on the safe side.

Ghost...
May 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
is there a program to modify the pokemon and thier movesets?

SeanAir
May 28th, 2006, 08:15 AM
ok i tried to make a script but its not working can someone help me with this:

#org 0xFA0000
message 0xFA0050
boxset 0x4
end
#org 0xFA0050
= Here's you're pikachu. You can't go without it.
checkflag 0x
if 0 0xFA0200
setflag 0x
setflag 0x800
givepokemon 0x19 0x05 0xCA

Pazuzu
May 28th, 2006, 08:15 AM
is there a program to modify the pokemon and thier movesets?
This question has already been asked and answered a lot of times. Please use the search function of this thread/forum, or have a look through this thread in the future, thanks.

You can modify the Pokémon and their Movesets either with Pokémon Amplifier, BaseED + Patted, or a Hex-Editor.
Pokémon Amplifier can be downloaded from the Tools Showcase.
The other three programs are available on the Sites mentioned in the stickied Hacking Tools Reference thread in the Tools Showcase, as well as compatible games, and short descriptions of them.

ok i tried to make a script but its not working can someone help me with this:

#org 0xFA0000
checkflag 0x26A
if 0 0xFA0050
end

#org 0xFA0050
setflag 0x26A
setflag 0x800
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
msgbox 0xFA0100
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0xFA0100

The Script is untested, but should work.

Ghost...
May 28th, 2006, 09:02 AM
what part of the showcase?

SeanAir
May 28th, 2006, 09:43 AM
#org 0xFA0000
checkflag 0x26A
if 0 0xFA0050
end

#org 0xFA0050
setflag 0x26A
setflag 0x800
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
msgbox 0xFA0100
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0xFA0100

The Script is untested, but should work.
Thanks but when i put it in and play the game it gives me the pokemon but the text goes over out the box and after i get the pikachu and press start the menu say's that i'm in the safari zone.

Jonny Buuz
May 28th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Okay, my b, shoulda clarified my actual question there.

How does one replace a pointer? I know what a pointer is, I just do not know how one goes about -replacing- it. To quote the tutorial:

"5. Replace the first "B8D6DD06"(for Sapphire AXVE) with 00106B08 for the first new Pok�mon."

So I know where both of the offsets are (DDD6B8, 6B1000), but I just don't know how to "replace a pointer." Does it mean replace the offset that the pointer points to? Sorry for troubling you, but I just don't understand.

Ghost...
May 28th, 2006, 04:32 PM
i got pokemon amplifier, but it doesn't edit movesets, and i'm NEVER gonna get that jumble of numbers called hexidecimal or whatever...

i mean you can't change the moves a pokemon has, to unrealistic ones, like pikachu with razr leaf for example

oh, i had pa 2003, which didn't let me change movesets

where do you get UnlzGBA?

Jonny Buuz
May 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Hey Ghost, whaddaya mean PA doesn't edit movesets? Do you have the german one, or the english one? Well, that doesn't matter, 'cause both of them edit

Stats
Moves
TM/HM
Evolution
& other stuff.

It's Glu's tool. http://www.gluc.de/pa.zip

And if I'm not supposed to link to other sites, I'll remove that as soon as you say so.

(btw, that's 3.2, the english version. There's a german one that's absolutely phenomenal, but I don't know where to find that again...)

DarkXmaster
May 29th, 2006, 05:41 AM
The hack i'm working on is Pokemon Leafgreen.I need a building inserting tool and a tool to edit them. Were can i find these tools.

were are the starter changing tools,i know there here somewhere.

Ghost...
May 29th, 2006, 05:51 AM
seach around google, look for advance map and advane text

Roy
May 29th, 2006, 05:56 AM
I got some quastions too.

1. How can you change the story
2. HOw can you change the worldmap(I don`t if it is the same thing)
3. Can you change the items in the market
4. how can you upload fakemons And faketrainers?

PS: I use advance map 1.80

Christos
May 29th, 2006, 06:37 AM
1.Make different events with scripting
2.Cyclone
3.Advance Mart
4.unLZ (if you mean insert)

Jonny Buuz
May 29th, 2006, 07:17 AM
unLZ-GBA is included in elitemap.

You should be able to find it on Kawa's site or something.

Google it. Elite Map 3.7.

Roy
May 29th, 2006, 07:18 AM
I don`t understand that anwers

What`s cyclone and event scripting

Jonny Buuz
May 29th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Cyclone is map modification. Like, town map modification; not the actual overworld. When you wanna edit the overworld (that you walk around in), use Advance Map or Elite Map. Cyclone is made by mewthree9000, and if he still has it, it's on http://www.mew3inc.mihopa.be in the Advance Programs section.

Okay, now the (slightly) difficult part. Scripting is the changing of events in the game. Personally, I use the Simple Script Creator, ScriptEd & Diamond Cutter in collaboration. You need to learn RubiKode to script. SSC can be found in the Tools Showcase, and ScriptEd and Diamond Cutter are in Elite Map.

Pazuzu
May 29th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Okay, my b, shoulda clarified my actual question there.

How does one replace a pointer? I know what a pointer is, I just do not know how one goes about -replacing- it. To quote the tutorial:

"5. Replace the first "B8D6DD06"(for Sapphire AXVE) with 00106B08 for the first new Pokémon."

So I know where both of the offsets are (DDD6B8, 6B1000), but I just don't know how to "replace a pointer." Does it mean replace the offset that the pointer points to? Sorry for troubling you, but I just don't understand.
Replacing apointer simpyl means that you search for a specific pointer of something, and replace that pointer, with the pointer to new data. (Overwriting.)

i got pokemon amplifier, but it doesn't edit movesets, and i'm NEVER gonna get that jumble of numbers called hexidecimal or whatever...

i mean you can't change the moves a pokemon has, to unrealistic ones, like pikachu with razr leaf for example

oh, i had pa 2003, which didn't let me change movesets

where do you get UnlzGBA?
The newest version of PA, version 3.2, is available in it's release thread in the Tools Showcase, or via the link that Johnny Buzz gave you.

unLZ-GBA is included in EliteMap, which can be downloaded from the stickied Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.
This is also mentioned in the FAQ, which you were supposed to read.

The hack i'm working on is Pokemon Leafgreen.I need a building inserting tool and a tool to edit them. Were can i find these tools.

were are the starter changing tools,i know there here somewhere.
All you need for Map editing is Advance-Map or EliteMap.
You can find the respective links in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

Starter changers are also available on the sites, which are linked in the Hacking Tools Reference.
Alternatively, there is a tutorial in the Documents forum, which explains how to do it by Hex-Editor.

CdubFosho
May 29th, 2006, 11:54 AM
i posted this in the other forum too

Hey guys i just got back into rom editing and its been a long time since ive done it so alot of the elite map stuf and advanced map was new to me, however i catch on easily, i was wondering thhough i found a text editor and a mart editor that were in german, its cool cause it work but it messsed up my game, for the text editor , text now lays over it self and run of the screen and for marts i can now by any item ever made in the mart for no price, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME so i can get an ENGLISH VERSION of the text and mart editor, i do not want a link to a seach engine if you can help me by sending me a link to a download i would very much appriciate it, or if you could email it to me

~Alakazam~
May 29th, 2006, 02:14 PM
How could I edit the trainers and gym leaders in FR/LG? (their pokemon, levels & attacks)

I've tried elite map and it doesn't show pictures or any names for pokemon.

Also, how do I edit starters in FR/LG? I found the tutorial and I couldn't find the offset in my ROM...

Micklo
May 30th, 2006, 03:05 AM
How do I change the image of Birch at the beginning of R/S/E.

I've searched everywhere in UNLZ!

DrCoolSanta
May 30th, 2006, 03:09 AM
read my tutorial MICKLO, and
Before starting let everybody think if v shuld do that

mxkpkmnextu??
May 30th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Hail
Could someone tell me the offset to the titlescreen background pallet??
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

DrCoolSanta
May 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM
of which game if i may ask, and you mean u want the pallet that you can edit or the one u put in cyclone?

Christos
May 30th, 2006, 09:58 AM
If you want to change the titlescreen's palette,you can edit it.
There's a palette editing tut here:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54389

mxkpkmnextu??
May 30th, 2006, 10:43 AM
If you want to change the titlescreen's palette,you can edit it.
There's a palette editing tut here:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54389

Hail
I know all that x), you already checked my hack and I've made lot's of pallet hacking in there=\ , but when I changed the pallet only the shining colours(marks of groudon) where changed, but not the background... So I preffer playing safe than having to start all over again =\...
So I just want the offset to change directly=)!
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

kingofgames300g
May 30th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Does anyone know a good overworld sprite editer, trainer & pokemon editor? (or a tutorial with them or a link to the tutorial, ok?)

I've tried many editors and none work.

Pazuzu
May 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I would like to remind everyone to use the search function and look through this thread, before asking a question.
As more and more questions get answered, it is most likely that your question has already been asked by someone before you, and therefore was already answered.

i posted this in the other forum too

Hey guys i just got back into rom editing and its been a long time since ive done it so alot of the elite map stuf and advanced map was new to me, however i catch on easily, i was wondering thhough i found a text editor and a mart editor that were in german, its cool cause it work but it messsed up my game, for the text editor , text now lays over it self and run of the screen and for marts i can now by any item ever made in the mart for no price, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME so i can get an ENGLISH VERSION of the text and mart editor, i do not want a link to a seach engine if you can help me by sending me a link to a download i would very much appriciate it, or if you could email it to me
Advance-Text, aswell as Advance-Mart are english language programs.
You can download them from the Tools Showcase. (No direct links needed, as the release threads are easy to find.)

As for your error with the text overwriting the border, just press the "Enter" key, when your text reaches the "Textbox border" line.

How could I edit the trainers and gym leaders in FR/LG? (their pokemon, levels & attacks)

I've tried elite map and it doesn't show pictures or any names for pokemon.

Also, how do I edit starters in FR/LG? I found the tutorial and I couldn't find the offset in my ROM...
If you search this thread, you will find several answers on how to edit Trainers, their Pokémon and their Attacks, as it has been asked and answered before.
Please use the search function or look around this thread before asking, to make sure you're not asking something which has been answered already before.

There are currently no editors.
However, the offsets are:
First Pokémon: 169BB5 (Hex) / Rival Pokémon: 169BBA (Hex)
Second Pokémon: 169D82 (Hex) / Rival Pokémon: 169D87 (Hex)
Third Pokémon: 169DB8 (Hex) / Rival Pokémon: 169DBD (Hex)

How do I change the image of Birch at the beginning of R/S/E.

I've searched everywhere in UNLZ!
Please search the thread before asking in the future.
This has already been asked and answered several times!

You can not edit Prof Birch with unLZ-GBA, as it is uncompressed.
The only way you can edit it, is with TLP or Tile Molester.
The offsets can be found in this thread.
Also, Rocking Groudon has posted a tutorial about it in the Documents forum.

Hail
Could someone tell me the offset to the titlescreen background pallet??
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/
You would have to tell us the game you want to edit first.

Does anyone know a good overworld sprite editer, trainer & pokemon editor? (or a tutorial with them or a link to the tutorial, ok?)

I've tried many editors and none work.
Sprites: TLP/Tile Molester, Spread, or Overworld Sprite Editor by Xeon.
Trainer Editor: TrainED, PET, Advance-Battle, TBC XP.
Pokémon Editor: BaseED, Pokémon Amplifier.

Those are the only tools available.
Links to them can be found in the Tools Showcase. (Or in the Hacking Tools Reference, which is located there.)

mxkpkmnextu??
May 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
[I][U]
You would have to tell us the game you want to edit first.

Hail
x) guess I forgot that, but it's Ruby US=\
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

Spazzup
May 30th, 2006, 04:26 PM
when I changed the pallet only the shining colours(marks of groudon) where changed, but not the background...
Which part did you change? I haven't been able to change the marking colours and it'd be nice to know how. ;D

Radiant
May 30th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Yes, Im a noob. Please don't flame me that's the least thing i need today. All I need to know is how to actually load the hack, that's all. Like I have naranja version and it's a hack of ruby. I really don't know how to play so i need help. Thanks

Vee217
May 30th, 2006, 06:21 PM
i made one of those straight line bridges that they allow you to make in my ruby hack but for some reason no matter which movment position block i use it will not let me cross the bridge ... any ideas?

Vee217
May 30th, 2006, 06:48 PM
dude its simple ... if you have elitemap downloaded then you also have lunar ips downloaded ... once you downlpoad the patch, in ur case its naranja, just go into lunar ips and you dont need a half of mind to figure it out from there. hope that helps ... if not PM me ill go more indepth

CdubFosho
May 30th, 2006, 06:54 PM
thanks scizz sorry about buggin with the english versions but i am new too thes forums, my next question is this i used an editor to changed the starter pokemon, however my rival seems to still pick treeco if i pic the pokemon in mudkips space, how can i make it so my rival pics one of the starters i put in, my idea is that i have to edit each posssibility in the trainer editer but im not totaly sure.

DrCoolSanta
May 30th, 2006, 07:12 PM
In VBA the pallet of background is on the 16th place in background
mxkpkmnextu??
you see that the groudons tileset has two things the bubbles and the black background which looks like a brown thing so its actually black, you need to edit the black color to change the background, but this might not work, because the buubles backgrounds makes it look brown, now you understand
Spazzup
u need to edit the blue colou which is near the end to change that

Alistair
May 30th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Use AdvanceMap to edit the movement permissions.

Vee217
May 30th, 2006, 07:38 PM
lol i just said i used every movement position block they have from 1 to 3c or however far it goes down ... i figured it out tho i just remade the tile and it went throught perfectly

Christos
May 31st, 2006, 03:31 AM
FF01551D1419F314B210910C0E00
This is Ruby US background palette,
Search it in a hex editor and it'll take you to the offset.
You know what to do next ;)

mxkpkmnextu??
May 31st, 2006, 05:17 AM
In VBA the pallet of background is on the 16th place in background
mxkpkmnextu??
you see that the groudons tileset has two things the bubbles and the black background which looks like a brown thing so its actually black, you need to edit the black color to change the background, but this might not work, because the buubles backgrounds makes it look brown, now you understand

FF01551D1419F314B210910C0E00
This is Ruby US background palette,
Search it in a hex editor and it'll take you to the offset.
You know what to do next ;)

Hail
I used that offset but it didn't came up right, u see the screen should be black and grey but it turn out like this(check attch)
I also pointed the things I wanted to change for everyone to see what I mentioned has background...=\
Thnx for the help guys I'll really keep that in mind=)...
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

Jonny Buuz
May 31st, 2006, 07:12 AM
Ok. I have had a big problem with unLZ ever since I started using it.

I wanted to replace Ho-oh. I saved Ho-oh's graphic & pasted my new graphic over it in MSPaint (to keep the palette). I then uploaded the new graphic into Ho-oh's place. Take note, I'm using the same palette. Anyway, it looked fine at first. Wrote it to the rom, saved... I came back afterward to make sure everything was fine, and of course, it wasn't; the black outline that I had around my new graphic had turned the same colour as the background (that sandy brown colour). The other colours came in fine; just the outline changed. That happens to me no matter where I upload the new pic. What have I done wrong?

If you need pictures of the problem to help me, just ask.

Christos
May 31st, 2006, 07:38 AM
Hail
I used that offset but it didn't came up right, u see the screen should be black and grey but it turn out like this(check attch)
I also pointed the things I wanted to change for everyone to see what I mentioned has background...=\
Thnx for the help guys I'll really keep that in mind=)...
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

Search that offset and then from that offset,search again,replace that and it should work ;)
If it doesn't search again and again.

mxkpkmnextu??
May 31st, 2006, 07:53 AM
Search that offset and then from that offset,search again,replace that and it should work ;)
If it doesn't search again and again.

Hail
Nope, there was only one offset like that ... I've made another search just to be sure and nothing!=S
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

DrCoolSanta
May 31st, 2006, 08:00 AM
there is sumtimes a possibuility that u have a 00 byte after 4 colours killed me when i was doing the intro people

Roy
May 31st, 2006, 08:15 AM
Where is the unLZ program in elitemap
i cant find it. Can anyone tell me?

DrCoolSanta
May 31st, 2006, 08:22 AM
You get elite map, install it and look in the folder you installed EliteMap there is a program called Unlz.GBA its that "unlz program"

Roy
May 31st, 2006, 08:37 AM
Yes i have found it.
thank you

feraligatr1.0
May 31st, 2006, 08:43 AM
I searched the thread for this, and saw something very simular, but It isn't what I want. How do I edit the title screen for a GBC game, rather than a GBA game?

Roy
May 31st, 2006, 08:54 AM
and how can you import fakemons
as i click on import what to do next.

and how works pokepic
if i open a rom it does nothing

Pazuzu
May 31st, 2006, 09:22 AM
thanks scizz sorry about buggin with the english versions but i am new too thes forums, my next question is this i used an editor to changed the starter pokemon, however my rival seems to still pick treeco if i pic the pokemon in mudkips space, how can i make it so my rival pics one of the starters i put in, my idea is that i have to edit each posssibility in the trainer editer but im not totaly sure.
Yes, the Pokémon your rival picks are stored in the Trainerdata.
You can edit them with a Trainer editor like PET.

Ok. I have had a big problem with unLZ ever since I started using it.

I wanted to replace Ho-oh. I saved Ho-oh's graphic & pasted my new graphic over it in MSPaint (to keep the palette). I then uploaded the new graphic into Ho-oh's place. Take note, I'm using the same palette. Anyway, it looked fine at first. Wrote it to the rom, saved... I came back afterward to make sure everything was fine, and of course, it wasn't; the black outline that I had around my new graphic had turned the same colour as the background (that sandy brown colour). The other colours came in fine; just the outline changed. That happens to me no matter where I upload the new pic. What have I done wrong?

If you need pictures of the problem to help me, just ask.
The problem is, that you probably used "black" for the outline of the Pokémon.
However, the pallet doesn't use the "true" black, but some lighter form of it.
So, because that color you used is not located in the pallet, it won't be used.
You will have to use the black from the pallet in order to get it to show up correctly.

I searched the thread for this, and saw something very simular, but It isn't what I want. How do I edit the title screen for a GBC game, rather than a GBA game?
The titlescreen is G/S/C is compressed.
There is a patch which uncompressed it, once applied, it can be edited with TLP or Tile Molester.

and how can you import fakemons
as i click on import what to do next.

and how works pokepic
if i open a rom it does nothing
Roy, please use the search function before asking questions.
The question on how to import self made Pokémon has been asked and answered multiple times.
A tutorial on how to do it has been posted in the Documents forum.

For your problem with Pokepic, you have probably tried to load an unsupported ROM. Only Ruby and Sapphire ROMs are supported.

Roy
May 31st, 2006, 10:37 AM
I use a ruby rom (too short)

burnthechavs
May 31st, 2006, 01:31 PM
i have a problem with elite map, when i control and click, rubicon opens, but no script appears, like it should? does anyone know? i've asked loads of people, including the rather ignorant kyoufu kawa (or w/e), please help

another simple thing, i put in a new trainer, i give him an offset, i write a script
#org 0x(offset1)
message 0x(offset2)
box 0x4
end

#org 0x(offset2)
=(message)

does offset1 have to equal the persons offset, and does script offset (on the side bar on advancemap) have to equal offset2?

iv put that as easy as i can

CdubFosho
May 31st, 2006, 07:25 PM
hey scizz i did see that actualy before i read your post but thanks for the reply, my next thing is, if i ad pokemon on to someones group, for example the first gym trainer has geodude and a nose pass, well i added charmeleon to her group and all he could do was struggle, then i saw that there was a move editor and when i edited moves none of the ones i gave him he used, i gave him ember, scratch,rage and leer so he wasnt too strong early in the game but when i fought him he used thunder punch, acid and something else, does the moves thing not fully work yet?

Smarties-chan
June 1st, 2006, 07:15 AM
I have a really stupid question I just need to know if I ever want to complete my hack.

How exactly do you find empty offsets? I know they are combinations of 6 bytes and that you'll have to find them by using a hex editor, but how do I know if they are used or not?

burnthechavs
June 1st, 2006, 08:42 AM
its a line of FF's (too short)

CdubFosho
June 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Ok Scizz or any good scripter my rubikode thing is not quite working, i am trying to get someone to give me a pokemon which i got to work with a bulbasaur and now i need it to be changed to a magikarp and like i said that rubikode thing seems to never work for me so RG told me what to do in hex but it still didnt work heres what i did.

FB0000 has Here is a Magikapr
FB0050 has How is my Pokemon
FB0100 has05062B0A0106000002FB080F005000FB08090602 in hex
FB0200 has 290A012900082901082902082903080F00000FB0809067981000A44000000000002F in hex

then ofcourse changed the script number on eliet map , tested and it still gave me bulb , yes i saved and everything ctrl click said ths in rubikode

#org 0xFB0100
goto 0x10A2B06
if 0x0 jump 0xFB0200
msgbox 0x8FB0050 '"\h48í\h77\h73î\h6D[U..."

if 0x2 jump 0xFFFFFFFF

can anyone help me out with where i went wrong?

DrCoolSanta
June 1st, 2006, 08:57 AM
btw its
FB0100 not FB00100
and
FB0200 not FB00200
and also u guys Curt has that empty database problem but the rom is in the same directory and the rom name has no spaces, can u help him, that is y we had to do that hex thing, and as none of them work he cant do text so even my givepokemon program wont work

Spinach
June 1st, 2006, 12:54 PM
Ok I'm sorry if these have already been asked or answered but I couldn't tale anyomre searching.

1) How can i edit the world map?

2) How can I place an item on the ground? Like the pokeball icon thata says PLAYER picked up ITEM or something.

3) How can i make those people that show you arond go somewhere different?

4) In advance map, when i try to go to the events tab for some maps i get an error message: "Index of the scanning line exceeded the range. (176)"

5) In advance map, Iwent to the block editor to edit the blocks. But only the grass is the right color. I tried changing the pallete but i didn't look quite right. ( I'm trying to change the grass in the below box to water)

6) Is there a script that can check to see if you've completed a certain event such as defeating the elite four or getting your pokedex. I want to be able to change weather, and open and close pokemarts and pokecenters with this. (like when you go to the door there will be a closed sign)

7) Is it possibe to have a small boat that will take u to places. Like the hydrofoil but smaller)

EDIT:
I forgot another one.

8) With a give pokemon script i want to be able to delay that too lke Q 6

Thanks in Advacnce

Keenor
June 1st, 2006, 04:09 PM
Ok, 3 simple questions..

1. How do you delete events in AdvanceMap?
2. I moved the truck events and stuff somewhere else, hoping to get rid of it, :P Yet when I start the game I still start in the truck and then I hop out and my mom is invisable. The question is, "how do I change my starting position to my bedroom rather than the truck?"
3. How do I script? The only script I can edit is the Rich Boy one... Is there any way to see ALL of the R/S scripts, and edit?

Jonny Buuz
June 1st, 2006, 05:50 PM
I'm just gonna answer a bunch of questions now.

Spinach.
1) Advance Map & Elite Map. Doesn't matter which, they're both great. Oh, if you mean like the town map thing, use Mewthree's cyclone, on his site or in the Tools Showcase.
2) To be honest, I'm not sure. I can only do give item scripts; idk if it'd work the same way.
3) Scriptin'. Change their original script.
4) What'd you do before you got this error message? Might wanna wait for Scizz.
5) Elaborate? What do you mean; show a screenshot.
6) Yessiree Spinach. Flags. Use the setflag and checkflag commands.
7) Yup, more scripting. Y'gotta learn to script, man; it helps hacking a ton.
8) More flags. They're pretty easy to use, just look at examples in the Scripts Database.

Keenor.
1) Just change the script count. It's on the right side of A-Map.
2) Script a new event.
3) Yeah, just use Diamond Cutter & ScriptEd & stuff.

&My question.

#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x7B1D54
if 1 0x7B0D54
end

#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0xFA 0x05 0x01
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0xF9 0x05 0x01
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Take this and run. Now.

#org 0x7B1B54
= You don't have much time./nThis should help you.

#org 0x7B2C00
= You know what to do.

What is wrong with my script? Default error message when compiled.

Keenor
June 1st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks.

1. I also need to know how to link my script to an event... I know it's some kind of hex offset or something when I'm creating my event, but where do I find this in my script?

2. Also, does anyone have a script that will be a "start position" that I can put inside my room where I can start? Is it complicated? Thanks

Jonny Buuz
June 1st, 2006, 06:51 PM
I can answer the first one.

That script that I just posted, asking why it wasn't working, links to an event. That certain event is someone giving you a pkmn. Therefore. @the top, you see a "#org 0x######." That's the 'hex offset' that you speak of. I'm pretty sure that's what you're asking; if it's not, repost or PM me.

Oh, and I can -sorta- answer part of your second question. It's not a complicated script, and I think I know how to change the start map; if Mewthree's Intro Editor thing is still on his site (mew3inc.mihopa.be), then that might work; just change the bank and map. I dunno, I've never felt the need to change where you begin the game, 'cause then you gotta change your mom's script and all that fun stuff. If you do decide to rescript it.. well.. idk how complicated that'd be, so I can't answer that.

Hope this helped.. somehow..

Keenor
June 1st, 2006, 07:28 PM
Thank you, that helps.. :rambo:

DrCoolSanta
June 1st, 2006, 10:05 PM
#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 LASTRESULT
goto 0x7B1D54
if 1 LASTRSULT
0x7B0D54
end
#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0xFA 0x05 0x01
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0xF9 0x05 0x01
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Take this and run. Now.

#org 0x7B1B54
= You don't have much time./nThis should help you.

#org 0x7B2C00
= You know what to do.

That shud do it!
And ya plz help Curt and ME, btw curt try to play again because sometimes if you press reset in VBA it plays with some kind of backup so close the emulator and try again

StUd_moNKey101
June 2nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
Hi, im a new member and im looking for some programs for my new hack.

The hack is called pokemon advanced... its for pokemon Gold

the tools i need are:

A working starter changer
A working Text editor
A program to change the title screen (Not a hex editor, or a good description of how to use tilemolester)
A battle editor

if you can help...

from the StUd_munk

Pazuzu
June 2nd, 2006, 06:06 AM
I use a ruby rom (too short)
Mind elaborating on what doesn't work, then?
Also, we have a 25-character limit for messages. Avoiding that limit with bypasses like "too short" or the like is against the rules.
Please make your psots consist of at least 25-characters next time.

i have a problem with elite map, when i control and click, rubicon opens, but no script appears, like it should? does anyone know? i've asked loads of people, including the rather ignorant kyoufu kawa (or w/e), please help

another simple thing, i put in a new trainer, i give him an offset, i write a script
#org 0x(offset1)
message 0x(offset2)
box 0x4
end

#org 0x(offset2)
=(message)

does offset1 have to equal the persons offset, and does script offset (on the side bar on advancemap) have to equal offset2?

iv put that as easy as i can
That could have to do with the ROM you loaded not being in your EliteMap folder.

Use this script instead:
#org 0x(offset1)
message 0x(offset2)
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x(offset2)
=(message)

In order to make the script accessable in Advance-Map, you have to put offset1 into the event's "Script offset" box.

hey scizz i did see that actualy before i read your post but thanks for the reply, my next thing is, if i ad pokemon on to someones group, for example the first gym trainer has geodude and a nose pass, well i added charmeleon to her group and all he could do was struggle, then i saw that there was a move editor and when i edited moves none of the ones i gave him he used, i gave him ember, scratch,rage and leer so he wasnt too strong early in the game but when i fought him he used thunder punch, acid and something else, does the moves thing not fully work yet?
If you mean the Move assigning in PET, then yes, there are a few bugs with it.
You are on the safe side if you edit the Pokémon and moves of a trainer with a Hex-Editor.
How has been posted in this thread, a few pages back.

Ok Scizz or any good scripter my rubikode thing is not quite working, i am trying to get someone to give me a pokemon which i got to work with a bulbasaur and now i need it to be changed to a magikarp and like i said that rubikode thing seems to never work for me so RG told me what to do in hex but it still didnt work heres what i did.

FB0000 has Here is a Magikapr
FB0050 has How is my Pokemon
FB0100 has05062B0A0106000002FB080F005000FB08090602 in hex
FB0200 has 290A012900082901082902082903080F00000FB0809067981000A44000000000002F in hex

then ofcourse changed the script number on eliet map , tested and it still gave me bulb , yes i saved and everything ctrl click said ths in rubikode

#org 0xFB0100
goto 0x10A2B06
if 0x0 jump 0xFB0200
msgbox 0x8FB0050 '"\h48í\h77\h73î\h6Dworking starter changer
A working Text editor
A program to change the title screen (Not a hex editor, or a good description of how to use tilemolester)
A battle editor

if you can help...

from the StUd_munk
1) G/S Starter Editor by Filb.
2) Thingy32 or a Hex-Editor.
3) Uncompress-Patch plus Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester. (Not tutorial is needed, as the programs are self explaining.)
4) Trainer Battle Customizer.

All of the above can be downloaded from the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

SeanAir
June 2nd, 2006, 07:33 AM
somethings wrong with my scripted. When i compile a script it doesn't work in the game and i toke out all the spaces in the name of the rom and used no capital letters. So can some one help me out?

DrCoolSanta
June 2nd, 2006, 07:50 AM
What does it say in the log SeanAir?
And are you sure you change someone's script in EliteMap?
Use the ctrl+click to see what is there in the script in EliteMap

Martin Yiu
June 2nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
I have one question. Are flags for party pokemon menu in FR/LG different than in R/S? And if they are, which numbers they have?

SeanAir
June 2nd, 2006, 08:50 AM
ok i put in this script:

#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x7B1D54
if 1 0x7B0D54
end

#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x04 0x05 0xD7
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x07 0x05 0xD1
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Take this.

#org 0x7B1B54
= This should help you.

#org 0x7B2C00
= You know what to do.

And this what ScriptEd says:

Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Output file: pokemonorangeflame
Processing rubide.rbc...
File handle: 3
2 - INCLUDE
> sFile = std.rbh
Processing std.rbh...
File handle: 4
1 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = BOXSET_DONTCLOSE
> sValue = 4
2 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = BOXSET_YESNO
> sValue = 5
3 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = BOXSET_NORMAL
> sValue = 6
5 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = LASTRESULT
> sValue = &H800D
7 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = SPRITEMOVE_INDEX
> sValue = &H8008
8 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = SPRITEMOVE_NEWXPOS
> sValue = &H8009
9 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = SPRITEMOVE_NEWYPOS
> sValue = &H800A
11 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = APPLYMOVE_PLAYER
> sValue = &HFF
13 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = SPECIAL_CHOOSEPOKEMON
> sValue = &H9C
14 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = SPECIAL_WALLYCATCH
> sValue = &H9D
16 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_TRUE
> sValue = 1
17 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_FALSE
> sValue = 0
18 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_YES
> sValue = 1
19 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_NO
> sValue = 0
20 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_GIRL
> sValue = 1
21 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_BOY
> sValue = 0
28 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = MENU_PARTY
> sValue = &H800
29 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = MENU_POKEDEX
> sValue = &H801
30 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = MENU_NAVIGATOR
> sValue = &H802
34 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_<<
> sValue = 0
35 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_==
> sValue = 1
36 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_>>
> sValue = 2
37 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_<=
> sValue = 3
38 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_>=
> sValue = 4
39 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = B_!=
> sValue = 5
41 - DEFINE
> sSymbol = JUMP_BAGISFULL
> sValue = &H1A029B
43 - AUTOBANK
> Autobanking is now ON
Cleaning up...
Closing file...
Finished processing std.rbh.
3 - SEEK
> pNewOffset = 7B2B00
4 - (2B) - CHECKFLAG
> iWord = 10A
5 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0
No kind specified. Assuming call.
> pTarget = 87B0A54
6 - (0F) MESSAGE (native)
> pText = 87B2C00
7 - (09) - BOXSET
> bByte = 2
8 - (02) - END
10 - SEEK
> pNewOffset = 7B0A54
11 - (29) - SETFLAG
> iWord = 10A
12 - (29) - SETFLAG
> iWord = 800
13 - (A0) - CHECKGENDER
14 - (21) - COMPARE
> iWord = 800D
> iWord = 1
15 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 0
> pTarget = 87B1D54
16 - (??) IF (native)
> bCondition = 1
> pTarget = 87B0D54
17 - (02) - END
19 - SEEK
> pNewOffset = 7B1D54
20 - (0F) MESSAGE (native)
> pText = 87B1A54
21 - (09) - BOXSET
> bByte = 2
22 - (79) - GIVEPOKEMON
> iWord = 4
> bByte = 5
> iWord = D7
23 - RAW
> bOut = 0
24 - RAW
> bOut = 0
25 - RAW
> bOut = 0
26 - RAW
> bOut = 0
27 - RAW
> bOut = 0
28 - RAW
> bOut = 0
29 - RAW
> bOut = 0
30 - RAW
> bOut = 0
31 - RAW
> bOut = 0
32 - RAW
> bOut = 0
33 - (02) - END
35 - SEEK
> pNewOffset = 7B0D54
36 - (0F) MESSAGE (native)
> pText = 87B1B54
37 - (09) - BOXSET
> bByte = 2
38 - (79) - GIVEPOKEMON
> iWord = 7
> bByte = 5
> iWord = D1
39 - RAW
> bOut = 0
40 - RAW
> bOut = 0
41 - RAW
> bOut = 0
42 - RAW
> bOut = 0
43 - RAW
> bOut = 0
44 - RAW
> bOut = 0
45 - RAW
> bOut = 0
46 - RAW
> bOut = 0
47 - RAW
> bOut = 0
48 - RAW
> bOut = 0
49 - (02) - END
51 - SEEK
> pNewOffset = 7B1A54
52 - RAW TEXT
> sOld = "Take this."
> sNew = "ÎÕßÙ èÜÝç­ÿ"
54 - SEEK
> pNewOffset = 7B1B54
55 - RAW TEXT
> sOld = "This should help you."
> sNew = "ÎÜÝç çÜãéàØ ÜÙàä íãé­ÿ"
57 - SEEK
> pNewOffset = 7B2C00
58 - RAW TEXT
> sOld = "You know what to do."
> sNew = "Óãé ßâãë ëÜÕè èã Øã­ÿ"
Cleaning up...
Closing file...
Finished processing rubide.rbc.

And yes i gave the sprite the right offset.

drem
June 2nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
I have one question. Are flags for party pokemon menu in FR/LG different than in R/S? And if they are, which numbers they have?
Yes, all flags in FR/LG are differnet than in R/S!
all my flags listed here (thanks to scizz for the base flag "party") :

1st badge : 820
2st badge : 821
3st badge : 822
4st badge : 823
5st badge : 824
6st badge : 825
7st badge : 826
8st badge : 827
~PARTY~ : 828
~pokédex : 829

mxkpkmnextu??
June 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Hail
I wanted to asked if someone knows what are the fanfare values in FR...
And what's wrong with this script? When it step into it the game freezes...=s
I think maybe it has to do with the apply movement command... The sprite is 4th person...
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x10A
lock
faceplayer
applymovemt 0x04 0x800100
pause 0x30
applymovemt 0x04 0x800200
pause 0x20
message 0x800300
boxset 0x4
release
applymovemt 0xFF 0x800350
applymovemt 0x04 0x800400
pause 0x70
message 0x800500
boxset 0x4
release
setflag 0x10A
end

#org 0x800100
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x800200
#binary A FE

#org 0x800300
= [Rival]:Look Look! If it ain't\n"\v\h01\v\h05 The Loser"!\pGuess what I got my first pokemon!\n\v\h01\v\h05: You did?\p[Rival]:Yeah and the best one!\pIt's always good to have\nthe most famous pokemon researcher\pin the world has grandpa!\nWell, I don't have time\pto waste with losers like you!\pI have the title of the greatest\nPOKEMON trainer in the world\p to conquer!\nSmell ya!

#org 0x800350
#binary 4 FE

#org 0x800400
#binary A 71 FE

#org 0x800500
= We'll just see that!\nTime tp get my POKEMON!
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Christos
June 2nd, 2006, 10:48 AM
ok i put in this script:

And this what ScriptEd says:

And yes i gave the sprite the right offset.

The script you put should work ;)

Jonny Buuz
June 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
How would one approach creating a wildbattle script?

#org 0x80000
checkflag 0x358
if 0 0x80100
end

#org 0x80100
setflag 0x358
wildbattle 0xFA 0x32 0x01
end

Would I need raw data, or did I miss a bunch of stuff, or...

And I'm gonna go search for a list of flags on this site, but if there isn't one, I'd like one very much so ^.^

EDIT: The Ruby/Sapphire flags, not FR/LG/E... but I'll accept any, 'cause I'm thinking of starting a FR hack soon...

DrCoolSanta
June 2nd, 2006, 08:08 PM
SeanAir, the script should work, maybe try using advance map to change the script and did you use the ctrl+click thing in EliteMap?
1 thing there are 3 boxset values which are common so...
0x4 = Its normal but when you press a after the text is over it does not go off the screen
0x5 = Yes/No question
0x6 = normal which is used in a normal speech in the game
so use 0x6 instead of 0x2 and the script is ok maybe its just not changing the script?
thats why i am telling u to use advance map
Script shud be &H7B2B00

Q. How do you ppl change tilesets, here is wat I do
I usually find the pallets for the pic for each picture and then edit it in paint but if its big i hav to repoint it so i cant change the tileset in a different pallet

I also use TLP to do it but if I change the rocks or the Pokemart or center I cant see the changes in elite map and yeah i deleted the tile cache

Plz Help

antisolid
June 2nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Why cant I download pokemon ice or ice blue i don't see any way i can download it on Jeremy's thread and how do i patch liquid ocean it doesnt make sense i dont know what the ips is :( thx in advance for any help

Blazichu
June 2nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
This thread should answer all your questions about an ips patch.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315

Cy-Chan
June 3rd, 2006, 06:09 AM
Hi. I'm currently attempting to make a rather bad G/S hack (if I do say so myself...), but I need to know how to add Wild Pokemon encounters to different places to do it.

I'm lost on where the Wild Pokemon pointer for each map header exists... If I knew that, I could probably figure out how to do what I want to do.

Could someone please help me?

tommyonline
June 3rd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Hey there,

I am currently creating a new Pokémon game with a unique storyline, called Pokémon: Triso and I was just wondering if anybody could help with the following:

1. Know where I could download, or have a copy of "Different Start GS v.2.0" to send me? Would be appreciated!

2. Know anything about Warps in GoldMap V1.6 - I will try to explain what I'm stuck with;

I have moved Mr Pokémon's house from Route 30 to Cherrygrove City, and have been able to set the warp so when you enter it, you are in his house. However, when you leave the house you end up on Route 30 again, instead of Cherrygrove City. I have tried for hours and can't seem to find how to do it.

Thanks,
Tommy

DrCoolSanta
June 3rd, 2006, 08:47 AM
Can answer the 2nd thing, change the warp in Mr.Pokemon's house simply

Exodecai101
June 3rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
i'm trying to do the add pokemon tutorial thing, but the program(unLZ-GBA) keeps giving me distorted images like this

*in attachments*

anyway to fix this ?

tommyonline
June 3rd, 2006, 11:08 AM
How do you do that?

I click the Warp inside Mr. Pokémon's house, but don't know the Map Bank etc to where I want to Warp to from inside.

Could you help?

Maybe if I change the question:

Is it possible to 'create' Warp numbers so you can Warp to anywhere on the map?

Jonny Buuz
June 3rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Hey exodecai, try putting it in 16 colour mode; Pokemon graphics don't show up in 256 mode:P

Blazichu
June 3rd, 2006, 03:10 PM
How do you do that?

I click the Warp inside Mr. Pokémon's house, but don't know the Map Bank etc to where I want to Warp to from inside.

Could you help?

Warping to inside Mr.Pokemon's House
Warp To 1
Map 10
Map Bank 26

Warp to Outside Mr.Pokemon's House
Warp To 2
Map 1
Map Bank 26

Hopefully this works, Creating Warp numbers would take alot of hard work and it would be challenging.

Exodecai101
June 3rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
wow i feel like a idiot lol, i didn't realize i put it on 256 lol

Tbone2356
June 3rd, 2006, 07:19 PM
Where Can I Get A Program To Edit/Add Events In A Pokemon Emerald Rom?

If There Is I Want A Beginner Program Of It Or With Lots Of Tutorials...

DrCoolSanta
June 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Try EliteMap or AdvaceMap from Tools Showcase, and I dont think there is a tutorial on that, Its actually quite easy so you wunt need anyones' help in learning that...(You would actually have to read its script)

Pokepearl
June 4th, 2006, 12:06 AM
What's the number from the LG title screen in UNLZ?

charimon
June 4th, 2006, 01:33 AM
i need the sound of tropius (cause i'm editing the begin screen and azurill needs 2 become tropius ;) )

tommyonline
June 4th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Warping to inside Mr.Pokemon's House
Warp To 1
Map 10
Map Bank 26

Warp to Outside Mr.Pokemon's House
Warp To 2
Map 1
Map Bank 26

Hopefully this works, Creating Warp numbers would take alot of hard work and it would be challenging.

Nope, this brings the player out of Mr. Pokémon's house on Route 30 - I moved the house to Cherrygrove, and I want the player to, when they leave the house, be infront of it in Cherrygrove City.

~Alakazam~
June 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM
1. What are the attack hex numbers for FR/LG? (like how Tackle is 2100, I need a complete list)

2. Also, where are the pics for the big professor oak and big Male/Female hero in FR/LG? I tried using unLZ.gba, and I only got the small sprites for each.

Roxie Mika
June 4th, 2006, 09:02 AM
calmind, I can help you with the attack hex numbers: check the attachment! =D

Note, it says Attack List RS, but it's for R/S/E/FR/LG. The attacks are shared between the games~

~Alakazam~
June 4th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks a bunch. That helped me edit the Gary battles with my custom starters.

My second question still stands, but also, what are the offsets for the Gary Battles from S.S. Anne-League Champion?

Pokepearl
June 4th, 2006, 11:03 PM
calmind, I can help you with the attack hex numbers: check the attachment! =D

Note, it says Attack List RS, but it's for R/S/E/FR/LG. The attacks are shared between the games~
Can I edit the attacks from pokemon in trainer battles with HEX WORKSHOP?

That i search on the attacks from is pokemon, and than change them...?

Cy-Chan
June 5th, 2006, 12:56 AM
How do I script? I unstand the concept... Various hex values when read in the correct area of the rom produce a script. But, then, how do you actually get the game to read it? I attempted changing an item into a Pokemon, giving it various prompts in the script for Pokemon-only stuff (like, nickname and such)...

It didn't work at all. Could someone please help me with this?

kingofgames300g
June 5th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Can anyone tell me how to complete a hack, but everytime I hack the map so much, it gives me a white screen. Can anyone tell me how to hack the game and NOT get the white screen.

Thanx!!

Brainpower
June 5th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Can i export images in spread?
And how?

CdubFosho
June 5th, 2006, 09:30 AM
ok scizz i put this in rubikode program as you said

#org 0x6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
givepokemon 129 0x05 0x00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x6CD900
= Here's a Magikarp!

#org 0x6CD8F0
= How's Magikarp doing?

i hit compile and compiled it to my game and then i went into eliet map and changed the kid that used to give me a bulb, i changed his old offset of f90000 something to &h6CD8D0 now the kid doesnt talk to me at all and definetly doesnt give me a magikarp :(

can scizz or anyone help me?

Exodecai101
June 5th, 2006, 05:05 PM
just wondering what program hacks the pokedex and the icons from the pokemon(thats simple to use lol)

Jonny Buuz
June 5th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Dexter changes pokedex entries. Get E-map.
Icons? IconEd, I guess. Do you mean the little tiny pics of the pkmn, or the battle sprites? Battle sprites, use unLZ-GBA or PokePic; icons, use IconEd.
All very easy to use programs.

drem
June 5th, 2006, 10:54 PM
hOW TO MODIFY THE DARK IN THESE IMAGE :
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4922/060620060650242sk.png
I NEED TO CHANGE INTO WHITE [FFFF]

#org 0x6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x6CD900
= Here's a Magikarp!

#org 0x6CD8F0
= How's Magikarp doing?

i hit compile and compiled it to my game and then i went into eliet map and changed the kid that used to give me a bulb, i changed his old offset of f90000 something to &h6CD8D0 now the kid doesnt talk to me at all and definetly doesnt give me a magikarp :(

#org 0x6CD8D0
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6CD8E0
message 0x6CD8F0
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x6CD8E0
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x6CD900
boxset 0x4
givepokemon 0x81 0x05 0x00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x6CD900
= Here's a Magikarp!

#org 0x6CD8F0
= How's Magikarp doing?
i have changed 129 with 0x81 ! you can test it now !

DrCoolSanta
June 6th, 2006, 12:37 AM
drem it dosent work like this too for curt...
if u mean editing use unlzgba
if u mean editing pallet in the background thing there are 2 pallets with same colours the first one is for the circle thing and the second is for the thing in the background thing ^_^

drem
June 6th, 2006, 01:31 AM
i have edited the two palettes view :
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8581/060620060929572nn.png
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8625/060620060930235yc.png
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1986/060620060930588bh.png
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/861/060620060931160wc.png

lambros
June 6th, 2006, 05:31 AM
how can i use my own sprites in my hack? please explain but with some program not hex editor if possible.
can i use normal pictures but resized ones?
please help

charimon
June 6th, 2006, 05:41 AM
how can i use my own sprites in my hack? please explain but with some program not hex editor if possible.
can i use normal pictures but resized ones?
please help
this tut of scizz can help ya ;)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775
also putting in trainers works the same ;)

lambros
June 6th, 2006, 05:55 AM
yes iread that one but to what size i must resize my sprite?

hey dudes how do i create a patch file of my hack? (ips file)?
and
how can i make pokemons learn other moves than their types like picachu learning rock slide?

charimon
June 6th, 2006, 08:06 AM
here you can read how 2 make 1: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315
and like i said by PA (Poke(mon) Amplifier *or something*)

almost everything for basic hacking (i think even everything) you can find just here ...

Pazuzu
June 6th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Hail
I wanted to asked if someone knows what are the fanfare values in FR...
And what's wrong with this script? When it step into it the game freezes...=s
I think maybe it has to do with the apply movement command... The sprite is 4th person...
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
There is currently no list of fanfare values.
However, you can easily create one by trying out the values, starting by 0.

In your Script, you simply typod the applymovement command.
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x10A
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 0x04 0x800100
pause 0x30
applymovement 0x04 0x800200
pause 0x20
message 0x800300
boxset 0x4
release
applymovement 0xFF 0x800350
applymovement 0x04 0x800400
pause 0x70
message 0x800500
boxset 0x4
release
setflag 0x10A
end

#org 0x800100
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x800200
#binary A FE

#org 0x800300
= [Rival]:Look Look! If it ain't\n"\v\h01\v\h05 The Loser"!\pGuess what I got my first pokemon!\n\v\h01\v\h05: You did?\p[Rival]:Yeah and the best one!\pIt's always good to have\nthe most famous pokemon researcher\pin the world has grandpa!\nWell, I don't have time\pto waste with losers like you!\pI have the title of the greatest\nPOKEMON trainer in the world\p to conquer!\nSmell ya!

#org 0x800350
#binary 4 FE

#org 0x800400
#binary A 71 FE

#org 0x800500

How would one approach creating a wildbattle script?

#org 0x80000
checkflag 0x358
if 0 0x80100
end

#org 0x80100
setflag 0x358
wildbattle 0xFA 0x32 0x01
end

Would I need raw data, or did I miss a bunch of stuff, or...

And I'm gonna go search for a list of flags on this site, but if there isn't one, I'd like one very much so ^.^

EDIT: The Ruby/Sapphire flags, not FR/LG/E... but I'll accept any, 'cause I'm thinking of starting a FR hack soon...
Your Script is correct that way you made it.
It will work if you compile it to the ROM.

Currently there is no list of flags.

Hey there,

I am currently creating a new Pokémon game with a unique storyline, called Pokémon: Triso and I was just wondering if anybody could help with the following:

1. Know where I could download, or have a copy of "Different Start GS v.2.0" to send me? Would be appreciated!

2. Know anything about Warps in GoldMap V1.6 - I will try to explain what I'm stuck with;

I have moved Mr Pokémon's house from Route 30 to Cherrygrove City, and have been able to set the warp so when you enter it, you are in his house. However, when you leave the house you end up on Route 30 again, instead of Cherrygrove City. I have tried for hours and can't seem to find how to do it.

Thanks,
Tommy
1. I attached a copy for you.
You can get it here: 33165

2. Simply change the Warp inside his house to Warp you to Cherrygrove City.
For Cherregrove, you need to set the Map to 3 and the Map Bank to 26.
Then set the Warp to what Warp you want to come out at.

You can add new Warps to a Map, by using Goldmap's build in Event reconstructor. Simply increase the number of Warps and repoint the data.
Then you can place the Warps anywhere on the Map, and so, are able to appear anywhere on the Map.

What's the number from the LG title screen in UNLZ?
Specify of what part of the Titlescreem you need the number.

i need the sound of tropius (cause i'm editing the begin screen and azurill needs 2 become tropius ;) )
Tropius' sound value is the same as it's Hex value.
A complete list of all hex values can be found in the "Change Starter Pokémon" tutorial in the documents forum.
A way to change the sound in the into has been posted in this thread.

2. Also, where are the pics for the big professor oak and big Male/Female hero in FR/LG? I tried using unLZ.gba, and I only got the small sprites for each.

Those pictures are uncompressed, and therefore can't be edited with unLZ-GBA.
You can edit them by using Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester. The offsets have been posted in this thread. (Search function)

what are the offsets for the Gary Battles from S.S. Anne-League Champion?
Assuming that you are using Fire-Red (US):
S.S. Anne:
- Chosen 1st Pokémon: 23C7B0
- Chosen 2nd Pokémon: 23C7D0
- Chosen 3rd Pokémon: 23C7F0

League:
- Chosen 1st Pokémon: 23CA20
- Chosen 2nd Pokémon: 23CA80
- Chosen 3rd Pokémon: 23CAE0

Can I edit the attacks from pokemon in trainer battles with HEX WORKSHOP?

That i search on the attacks from is pokemon, and than change them...?
Yes, you can change a Trainer's Pokémon and Attacks with a Hex-Editor.
A howto is posted in this thread. (Search function)

How do I script? I unstand the concept... Various hex values when read in the correct area of the rom produce a script. But, then, how do you actually get the game to read it? I attempted changing an item into a Pokemon, giving it various prompts in the script for Pokemon-only stuff (like, nickname and such)...

It didn't work at all. Could someone please help me with this?
Scripting is using pre-defined commands of the game to create certain events.
You get the game to read it, by pointing it to the specified data.
This could be by, either talking to a person (This will execute the script which is set in that person's script offset box), triggering a Trigger event, being called from another script, etc.
There are several ways to execute a script.

A great G/S scripting documentation has been made by Tauwasser.
You can get it here (http://magicstone.de/rhw/pokemonrh/scripting-doc.zip).
Sadly, it's in German, but with the help of a translating program, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Can anyone tell me how to complete a hack, but everytime I hack the map so much, it gives me a white screen. Can anyone tell me how to hack the game and NOT get the white screen.

Thanx!!
Quite simply, by your editing actions, you have corrupted your ROM.
Get a clean ROM (or a working backup copy), and re-do the changes.
If your ROM keeps getting corrupted, then something you have done while editing the map went wrong. (Like repointing to an offset with important game data.)

Can i export images in spread?
And how?
You can not export images in Spread.

Hm...the offsets in the script are badly calculated, which causes the script to become corrupted.
Sorry I didn't notice that before.

This script should work.
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x800100
message 0x800150
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800100
setflag 0x10a
setflag 0x800
message 0x800200
boxset 0x6
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x800200
= Here's a Magikarp!

#org 0x800150
= How's Magikarp doing?

yes iread that one but to what size i must resize my sprite?

hey dudes how do i create a patch file of my hack? (ips file)?
and
how can i make pokemons learn other moves than their types like picachu learning rock slide?
You have to resize your sprites to the size of the image you want to replace.

For Patch creation, you can find a small tutorial here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60166).
For changing learnable attacks, you can use Pokémon Amplifier. (Downloadable from the Tools Showcase.)

Also, please use the search function of this forum in the future, as all of your questions have already been asked and answered.

lambros
June 6th, 2006, 10:50 AM
ok guys thanks a lot for the info

hey man all the links you gave right n in your previous post are invalid man even the one for ips program.
there are also dead links in tools showcase.
please rupload them

Pazuzu
June 6th, 2006, 11:02 AM
ok guys thanks a lot for the info

hey man all the links you gave right n in your previous post are invalid man even the one for ips program.
there are also dead links in tools showcase.
please rupload them
You don't need the link to the IPS program from that thread, as it is included in the EliteMap package. (Direct link in the Hacking Tools Reference)
The link in the Pokémon Amplifier thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33621) is still working.
If the links in the Tools Showcase are dead, you can always visit one of the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference to download the tools from them.

Exodecai101
June 6th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Something about Dexter i don't get, i load it and select the rom but it tells me this

Supported Rom, but Pokedex Data is unspecified, what am i doing wrong here i just wanna make my hack :(

~Alakazam~
June 6th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Ah, you are using something besides Ruby USA, I guess. I think you need to specify in the ini the offsets of the pokedex data. I think scizz should help. don't worry.

mxkpkmnextu??
June 6th, 2006, 02:27 PM
In your Script, you simply typod the applymovement command.
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x10A
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 0x04 0x800100
pause 0x30
applymovement 0x04 0x800200
pause 0x20
message 0x800300
boxset 0x4
release
applymovement 0xFF 0x800350
applymovement 0x04 0x800400
pause 0x70
message 0x800500
boxset 0x4
release
setflag 0x10A
end

#org 0x800100
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x800200
#binary A FE

#org 0x800300

#org 0x800350
#binary 4 FE

#org 0x800400
#binary A 71 FE

#org 0x800500

Hail
Thnx again =)! [[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]]
But when I step into the script trigger the game still freezes...
Is that because I didn't filled this here?
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7854/semttulo7xw.png
An this question has been bugging for a long time now... How can I decrease the background of a pokemon image so that my newly bigger than the original pokemon image can be inserted with no problem?
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

Who?
June 6th, 2006, 03:41 PM
How do you insert events into the games with Advance Map (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61974)?
I haven't found anything yet.

firefang
June 6th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Ok, click on the "Events View" tab, scroll down the column on the right till you see the "Event Manager". Increase the number of the type of event you want and click on the "Change Events" button. Click "OK" in the window that pops up and click "Re-point". You will see a new event on the top left corner of the map.

Who?
June 6th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Ok, click on the "Events View" tab, scroll down the column on the right till you see the "Event Manager". Increase the number of the type of event you want and click on the "Change Events" button. Click "OK" in the window that pops up and click "Re-point". You will see a new event on the top left corner of the map.
That helps

drem
June 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM
i have a question, how to search offsets ?

i need a help ! you can search my the POKéMON Sapphire(FR [AXPF]) offsets for FONT EDITOR?
if you can, PM my for the rom

Smarties-chan
June 7th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Oh when will these questions end?

When I try editing the text where the player's mother starts babbling about how Littleroot has a quaint feel etc. with Advance Text, it says ''Text pointer wasn't found, aborting''. How do I fix this, or do I need to use a hex editor? :S

Pazuzu
June 7th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Something about Dexter i don't get, i load it and select the rom but it tells me this

Supported Rom, but Pokedex Data is unspecified, what am i doing wrong here i just wanna make my hack :(
The Pokémon data offset for the ROM you tried to load is not specified in your "Pokeroms.ini".
Now what you can do is either:

1) Load a supported ROM
2) Add the offsets yourself, by doing a search for the data in a Hex-Editor.

Hail
Thnx again =)! [[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]]
But when I step into the script trigger the game still freezes...
Is that because I didn't filled this here?

An this question has been bugging for a long time now... How can I decrease the background of a pokemon image so that my newly bigger than the original pokemon image can be inserted with no problem?
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/
Since the Script is working, that could be the problem.
Try inserting 03 00 for the Flag Value, and a unique Number in the Flag Number box. (60 40 for example.)
That will activate the trigger.

Increasing the picture size of a Pokémon is currently not possible, as it is unknown where that data is stored.

i have a question, how to search offsets ?

i need a help ! you can search my the POKéMON Sapphire(FR [AXPF]) offsets for FONT EDITOR?
Offsets can be found with a Hex-Editor, by comparing the bytes of an offset in a supported ROM, and searching those bytes in the unsupported ROM.
Once you found them, write down the offset.

Because of a programming error in FontED, it does not work with other ROMs than Ruby (US).
However, you can easily edit the Font with Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester.

Oh when will these questions end?

When I try editing the text where the player's mother starts babbling about how Littleroot has a quaint feel etc. with Advance Text, it says ''Text pointer wasn't found, aborting''. How do I fix this, or do I need to use a hex editor? :S
Have you checked the "Go to beginning of text" box when you were searching for the text?
It is possible that you have missed a character, therefore the offset in the INI file is not quite accurate and no pointer can be found.

Of course, you can also edit the text with a Hex-Editor, which comes in quite handy if something like this is happening.

Innocence
June 7th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Okay, this seems pretty simple, and isn't strictly to do with hacking itself, but where can I find agixp 3? 4.11 doesn't work for me, like other people.

Blazichu
June 7th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Here's Agixp 3.00, I prefer 4.11 though.

charimon
June 7th, 2006, 06:33 AM
can i use the team aqua trainer battles without that my game will miss something(this is for ruby) just wanna know cause then i don't have 2 make my own trainerbattles and i would have more space for new trainer sprites :)

mxkpkmnextu??
June 7th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Hail
Do the movement values differ from r/s to fr/lg, cuz in the script I made before, in the game the movements were all wrong=S... And when I step again on the trigger the script goes again... Why isn't the flag working??=S
And is there a command that makes the sprite disappear after the script?
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

CdubFosho
June 7th, 2006, 09:48 AM
didnt seem to work scizz i go talk to the kid and he still doesnt say anthing at all :/

~Alakazam~
June 7th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Those pictures are uncompressed, and therefore can't be edited with unLZ-GBA.
You can edit them by using Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester. The offsets have been posted in this thread. (Search function)

I searched this thread inside out and I couldn't find the offsets. You guys kept almost getting to the answer, but never actually gave the answer. COuld I get a direct answer to my question? Where are the offsets and palette offsets?

Chilly0123
June 7th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Basicly all i want to do is edit the chance of shiny pokemon to show up from 1/8200 or whatever it is to 1/200. i just read a bunch of guides and tryed almost every editor but none of them let me do anything with shiny pokemon, so i tryed hex editing but i dont know where to start looking or even what to look for. If anyone knows where in the hex editor i can change the chance of finding shiny pokemon is please let me know.

BlaXun
June 8th, 2006, 05:36 AM
I've got 1 Question...What's the Script from Profesor Birch in The Beginning, When He Asks your name? I want Some Player In Mauville to Ask your new Name, So you can Change your name whenever you want.

Thx in Advance

Flameguru
June 8th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Ok, im going to start on a remake of Gold and it will be a hack of FireRed. My questions are:

1: How do i link maps together?
2: How can i change events/make new ones?

Right now im using EliteMap and Advance map 1.81. FireRed (US) is being used as the rom. Thanks, hope someone can help me.

charimon
June 8th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Can some one tell me how to compile a script? I mean i know how to do it but it doesn't work on my computer and i don't know why. When i do it it looks like it worked but when i play the game it doesn't.
maybe you took the wrong hex ;)

Ok, im going to start on a remake of Gold and it will be a hack of FireRed. My questions are:

1: How do i link maps together?
2: How can i change events/make new ones?

Right now im using EliteMap and Advance map 1.81. FireRed (US) is being used as the rom. Thanks, hope someone can help me.
1. with the connection option ;) like: up , map bank 1 and map 30 ;)
2. by scripting there's a tut for that at docs and tuts ;)

Flameguru
June 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Thanks:) I found the first one out before you told me, but thanks anyway! But, can you link me directly to the event making tut......cant find it

firefang
June 8th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I made a new map,made a warp on Mt.Chimney linking to it, and another warp on the new map linking to Mt.Chimney. However, when I test the warp on Mt. Chimeny out, I always seem to land in the middle of the new map instead of the warp, but when I exit through the warp on the new map it works properly I and can see myself walking out of the cave entrance.

I made sure that the tile on the Mt.Chimeny warp acts as a cave and entrance and the tile on the warp on my new map "holes back down to last room".

EDIT: Nvm I found out what was wrong. I forgot to set the warp on Mt. Chimeny to warp 0, which is the event number of the warp on te new map.

lance_cyberguy
June 9th, 2006, 05:37 AM
i have just started hacking and was looking for elitemap 3.6 or 3.7 but i can't find it anywhere can anyone help please
ah.. and also i downloaded advance map and... is it only used to make rocks, grass, etc in a particular map i tried to make a house but couldnt figure out how to enter it. this might sound a little stupid to u guys but please dont ignore

thanks in advance

pokeant
June 9th, 2006, 08:54 AM
i need a tool to change the starting pokemon of FR game. any good tools to use please let me know.

Ninja Monkey
June 9th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I think that could be found in the tools showcase section.

lance_cyberguy
June 9th, 2006, 09:57 AM
can anyone help me i have couple of problems here.i am hacking pkmn ruby rom
1)i cant figure out how to create warp panels(how to enter a pokemon center i made it with advance map but cant enter it ) please help
2)i cant use sappy i loaded a pkmn ruby rom in it but it gave me a error file not found but it worked fine with golden sun rom
4)how to add new sprites in a map???trainer and normal person and edit
5)this is all for now thanks in advance!
thanks for telling where elitemap was ninja monkey

Martin Yiu
June 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM
I think I can answer some really simple questions, so here I come:

Answer to: Lance_Cyberguy

You can get to the official site by follwing this link (http://helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com). There go to the Files section and download it ;)

Answer to: Pokeant

There is no working FR starter editor, so use HEX. Red made very user and beginner friendly starter changing tutorial (HEX, of course), you can get to it by clicking this link. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61529)

Hope I helped you.

Jonny Buuz
June 9th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Pokeant: Firestarter. Get it with poketronic.

Blazichu
June 9th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know where the offset for the Ho-oh event in Gold Version so I can change Ho-oh to Celebi?
I am going to do this in a Hex-editor.

Christos
June 10th, 2006, 02:50 AM
can anyone help me i have couple of problems here.i am hacking pkmn ruby rom
1)i cant figure out how to create warp panels(how to enter a pokemon center i made it with advance map but cant enter it ) please help
2)i cant use sappy i loaded a pkmn ruby rom in it but it gave me a error file not found but it worked fine with golden sun rom
4)how to add new sprites in a map???trainer and normal person and edit
5)this is all for now thanks in advance!
thanks for telling where elitemap was ninja monkey

1)Go to events tab make more warps and place a warp on the center's door,then make tha bank and bank map so that the warp'll take you to a center.
2)Something's wrong with ur Ruby rom
4)Go to events tab and change the events

Martin Yiu
June 10th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I have question... Can you tell me hex number of flag, which prevents you from applying script more than once? ROM: Pokémon Fire Red English (BPRE). Thanks.

firefang
June 10th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I've been facing some difficulties hacking and I need to ask a few questions:
1. My ScriptED and Diamond Cutter both give me "Run-time error '6': Overflow" messages when I try to compile the scripts. What can I do to fix this?

2. I read somewhere on this forum that the ctrl+click function to open the scripts for the people works in EliteMap2.5, but I can't seem to find that thread again even with the search function. Can someone post me a link to the thread?

3. Is there a way to make new map labels? I'm putting new maps into the game and I don't want to reuse map labels.

mxkpkmnextu??
June 10th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I've been facing some difficulties hacking and I need to ask a few questions:
1. My ScriptED and Diamond Cutter both give me "Run-time error '6': Overflow" messages when I try to compile the scripts. What can I do to fix this?

2. I read somewhere on this forum that the ctrl+click function to open the scripts for the people works in EliteMap2.5, but I can't seem to find that thread again even with the search function. Can someone post me a link to the thread?

3. Is there a way to make new map labels? I'm putting new maps into the game and I don't want to reuse map labels.

Hail
1. There's something wrong with one or more commands in your script... Check again or post the script here... Maybe we can see what the problem is

2. Use elite map 3.6/3.7 2.5 is no good these days =\ and ctrl+click on the events like people and script triggers(in elitemap the "!")

3. Goto objects and then labels there u can change the names...

Note: U should use AM1.8.1(advance map) it's a lot more easy to work, has more options(like block editor, perfect for tileset changing), etc... I only use elitemap itself for checking scripts...

Hope it helped=)
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Tbone2356
June 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Im Using Advance Map 1.80 For My Emerald Hack But Every Time I Try To Add A New Map It Replaces The First Map In The Bank.....How Do I Fix This???

mxkpkmnextu??
June 10th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Im Using Advance Map 1.80 For My Emerald Hack But Every Time I Try To Add A New Map It Replaces The First Map In The Bank.....How Do I Fix This???

Hail
Just goto insert map and choose a new map bank (example 0.56)
Note I'm not sure if the insert map is just for 1.8.1 I've inserted lot's of new maps and they are fine
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Pokepearl
June 11th, 2006, 02:10 AM
i scearch to the starters from LG, in HEX WORKSHOP (010004000700) and change them to 4C0193008B01 But if i save and play the game, the starters aren't changed:S
Who can help me

firefang
June 11th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Hail
1. There's something wrong with one or more commands in your script... Check again or post the script here... Maybe we can see what the problem is

2. Use elite map 3.6/3.7 2.5 is no good these days =\ and ctrl+click on the events like people and script triggers(in elitemap the "!")

3. Goto objects and then labels there u can change the names...

Note: U should use AM1.8.1(advance map) it's a lot more easy to work, has more options(like block editor, perfect for tileset changing), etc... I only use elitemap itself for checking scripts...

Hope it helped=)
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. For no. 1, I used an example script in the script database, so I don't think there are any errors in them, and i changed the offsets accordingly to the next free space that I had in the rom.

For no.2, well my elite map 3.7 can't open scripts with ctrl click, maybe it's something to do with my rom, i don't know, but this has been the case for both Ruby & Leaf Green.

No.3, I think I have not been clear, but I know how to edit the labels, what I'm interesting in is to make completely new ones without having to replace any existing ones.

B.t.w I use Advance Map 1.81 for most of the stuff I do, I only use Elite Map to change the weather and the song, as well as the type of map it is (e.g. cave). lol.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to look through my problems and trying to solve them. I really appreciate it. :D

Tyranitar Tamer
June 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hey,guys,I was just wondering if any of you had tools for hacking yellow like map editor or text.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!!^^

Christos
June 12th, 2006, 04:41 AM
i scearch to the starters from LG, in HEX WORKSHOP (010004000700) and change them to 4C0193008B01 But if i save and play the game, the starters aren't changed:S
Who can help me

Try using this (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61529) tutorial.It'll help you.

lance_cyberguy
June 12th, 2006, 08:01 AM
hi guys thanks for answering ah.... here are some more problems
1)do ya guys remember the start of pkmn ruby?? i edited and made a whole new map wrote down
the offset of mom and 3 more guys and also made 1-1 warp panels on each house and also made the truck now here's the prob
when the game starts the truck stays near the hero's house but i get down near may's house from nowhere
2)ok then after that when i got inside prof birch's house i directly come at the center of the lab???? then when i get out from there then i directly get out from the pkmn center in that town(i made). i checked the warp panels but no problem there( bank no and map no are correct does any thing else matter?

Deokishisu
June 12th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know the bank and map of the Pokemon Communication Center? And of the Goldenrod city with the Pokemon Communication Center in it?

supa_newb
June 12th, 2006, 07:09 PM
as you can probably tell im a noob at rom hacking. Didnt even get started on my own yet, i just had a few questions. How can u or even can u make a pokemon follow you around like pikachu in pokemon yellow? (and ca u do that in the gba pokemon games) Does anyone know of any good tutorials for overall rom hacking. I hav no idea what to get started at O_O.

yeah thx it did, now i hav to figure out how to use an overworld sprite editor.lol

lol, do you know any other usefull guides or tip that could help me? =DD

Zacceh
June 12th, 2006, 07:20 PM
To get a Pokémon to follow you use an Overworld Sprite editor and work in a pokémon that follows the main charecter. For an Overworld Sprite Editor look in the Tools Showcase section. Hope I helped!

•Gengazard•

Simple
Load ROM
Choose Charecter to Edit.
Edit

=\

xD

So what ROM yah hackin'?

Yeah. For mapping use the program Advance Map Ver. 1.81. its AMAZING. Im completely changing LittleRoot in Emerald for my hack (see sig for details) and im adding new routes that contain cool secrets. If you can help me i'll let you in on 1 of them. It involves The Hero(ine)'s hometown. I only say that much unless people agree to help. Are you a fast learner? Anywayz I also recommend downloading IPSWin20 or whatever so you can play hacks other people have made.

1.What is UNLZ?
2.How do I change title screen?
3. How do I edit Battle Sprites?

•Gengazard•

Christos
June 12th, 2006, 11:29 PM
1.What is UNLZ?
2.How do I change title screen?
3. How do I edit Battle Sprites?

•Gengazard•

1. Replace pokemon and trainer sprites, items' sprites etc.
2. Cyclone, there's a tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section if you are hacking R/S/E.
3. unLZ

SeanAir
June 13th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Ok i have this script here for my hack and i want it to enable you to give a nickname to the pokemon you get. can some one help me out?:

#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x828
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x7B1D54
if 1 0x7B0D54
end

#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x04 0x05 0xD7
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B90
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x07 0x05 0xD1
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Hello? And you are...?\pOh ok. So it's\v.\pWell welcome to my lab.\nI'm PROF. IVY.\pPlease don't leave the mess\nscare you.\pWell it looks like you\nare a trainner am i right?\pGood then I guess this\nCHARMANDER will be better\pof traveling with you.\pPlease take good care of it.

#org 0x7B1B90
= Hello? And you are...?\pOh ok. So it's\v.\pWell welcome to my lab.\nI'm PROF. IVY.\pPlease don't leave the mess\nscare you.\pWell looks like you\nare a trainner am i right?\pGood then I guess this\nSQUIRTLE will be better\pof traveling with you.\pPlease take good care of it.

#org 0x7B2C00
= Well since BROCK came\nhere. My lab has been in tip top\pshape. And he can really cook\pWell any way I hope that\nyou're taking good care of\pthat Pokémon.

Chris-h11
June 14th, 2006, 11:14 AM
If anybody has the codes for Emerald in Sappy could you please post them here? It would be greatly appreciated.

Mertcan
June 15th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I'm new to rom hacking and I'm trying to translate pokemon tcg into my language.
However, I have a problem.

I can reach to the words without a table editor. Opening the rom with a hex editor is enough for it.

The text is like this:
..HAND..CHECK..ATTACK..PKMN POWER..DONE..TYPE..RETREAT..WEAKNESS..RESİSTANCE..

As you see, the words are separated from each other with .. symbols which are coded as 0006. In this way, I can change the words between those symbols. For example, if I change the word ATTACK into SALDIR, which is the meaning of it in my language, I have no problem. However, if the English word is longer, I cannot translate it. For instance, as I try to translate the word DONE into BITTI moving .. symbols, the next word disappears.

Are there any solutions for this problem? How can I move .. symbols without corrupting the next word?

Thanks.

Keruri
June 15th, 2006, 03:25 PM
ok Ive got a real basic question for you all.... Whats a ROM? How do they work? are they on a CD rom? do you download them? Do you put them on a disc? do you have to make your own? or can you just play one? how do you get one? I'm so confuzled..... ^^;;

Chris-h11
June 15th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Read the Romhacking FAQ
it will tell you

TDCagle
June 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Hello there, I have a quick question.
I used the search and really didn't know what to search for so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that is repeatedly answered. But I'm hacking my LeafGreen ROM file with Advance Map 1.81 and I added on to the map size on one of the routes and when I play past the trees it's all glitchy... How do I add to the map and make it to where when I'm playing I only see trees past my map not some wierd black glitchy thing? Any help would be great :)

Really cool place you got here. I'm a first generation pokemon player. I never got into anything other than blue and Gold and when they came out with remakes my brother had the LeafGreen so I got a ROM file for it and I'm hooked :P

Thanks ;)

The Dash
June 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM
ok Ive got a real basic question for you all.... Whats a ROM? How do they work? are they on a CD rom? do you download them? Do you put them on a disc? do you have to make your own? or can you just play one? how do you get one? I'm so confuzled..... ^^;;

If you had searched you would of found the answer to this,
A rom is a "Ripped" and "Illigal" version of a game. So for example a GBA game that has been decompiled and transfered to a computer file. In order to play Roms you will need a Emulator.

feraligatr1.0
June 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I've got a question that I really need answered this minute. I am in the poketronic tool and I am trying to insert a wild battle script. I want you to battle this pokemon at lv. 5 right after you get the pokeballs, what offset do I use?

Christos
June 16th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I've got a question that I really need answered this minute. I am in the poketronic tool and I am trying to insert a wild battle script. I want you to battle this pokemon at lv. 5 right after you get the pokeballs, what offset do I use?

Just put an enpty offset. Find them with a hex editor.

feraligatr1.0
June 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM
So I can just put &H000000?
If so, great, now all I need is a hex editor...

Christos
June 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
There are many empty offsets like: 800000, 800100, 800200 etc.

Keruri
June 16th, 2006, 01:54 PM
ok I tried using search and I got no help at all; it brought up some random thing about the hardest gym leader. So I have to ask this question here, I'm sorry but I dont know what else to do. Sorrrry if Im bugging you all :( .
But what in the world is an emulator? is that what you play these games on? and where do I get an emulator from, like circut city or something? how much do they cost? and how do I put the games on them, if thats what you do? aarg is there a place that just has all this information so I dont have to bother you all, and please dont say search because I dont know what that means and last time I tried it did nothing to help me. Thank you!

edit; I think I figured this much out, tell me if this information is false please. You download emulators, right? So their not, like, hardware? I found one on this place called VisualBoy Advance, is this an emulator, and is it legal? Well I hope so...

firefang
June 16th, 2006, 02:37 PM
@Keruri
Well it says on the Visual Boy Advance website that it's legal, but the ROMs of commercial games are not unless you own them, yeah, so unless you're using it to test out new ROMs that you make or playing free ROMs that other people made, or you're playing the ROM taken from your GBA catridge, it's illegal.

@Supergamecube14
Pokepic, comes with EliteMap. Or you can use unLZ.GBA.

Supergamecube14
June 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM
@Keruri
Well it says on the Visual Boy Advance website that it's legal, but the ROMs of commercial games are not unless you own them, yeah, so unless you're using it to test out new ROMs that you make or playing free ROMs that other people made, or you're playing the ROM taken from your GBA catridge, it's illegal.

@Supergamecube14
Pokepic, comes with EliteMap. Or you can use unLZ.GBA.

Thank you very much, Firefang! But I tried to find them in search and neither one came up. Would you possibly have a link to either one? Thank you again.

firefang
June 16th, 2006, 03:33 PM
You can go to helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/ to check it out or you can download directly at helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/filebin/elitemap37.exe. You can check out the Hacking Tools, Websites and References thread in the Tools Showcase section. Both Pokepic and unLZ.GBA come with EliteMap, but Pokepic is easier to use.

Supergamecube14
June 16th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Awesome, thank you. i realy hope this works.

Keruri
June 16th, 2006, 04:27 PM
ok, well thats good that its legal. I've installed it, but I can't figure out how to play the games on it.... this is all very confuzing to me, since on all the tutorial pictures, all the folders and such are in a much diffrent format then mine. No matter what I try the games won't install. I'm about to just give up on all this :(

Saint of Swords
June 16th, 2006, 11:52 PM
ok, well thats good that its legal. I've installed it, but I can't figure out how to play the games on it.... this is all very confuzing to me, since on all the tutorial pictures, all the folders and such are in a much diffrent format then mine. No matter what I try the games won't install. I'm about to just give up on all this :(
Have you tried selecting your rom and dragging it over the emulater with your mouse?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's the best newb friendly trainer name and their pokémon editor for fire red?

AnDrOmAn
June 17th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I have this question but i don't know if it's been asked before: How do you change the odds to catch a shiny pokemon from 1:8000 to 1:100?

electro5r
June 17th, 2006, 05:58 AM

What emulator are you using, because I think VBA (Visualboy Advance) works pretty well. Make sure that you are using a .gba, .gb, or .gbc file and not an .ips (a patch for a rom). What doesn't work, does the screen turn white? That's what I'm having trouble with. Only certain roms work for me.

Keruri
June 17th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Well, I download the games, and they are in those zipped folders. Not the ones that look like a file box in a crank thing, but the ones with a folder and a zipper on it. I drag that over the lil purple gameboy advance icon (the vba) and it says quote "No image found on ZIP file ......" and then it says where it is on my C drive. So I click ok, and then the same message pops up again. I click ok this time, and then nothing else happens. So idk what in the world to do. This happens for every game I've tried so far, so I figure it's something I'm doing wrong.

cubanresourceful
June 17th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I hope you guys dont think Im being n00bish or whatever for asking this question. I have no experience in hacking roms whatsoever, I might learn, but first, I must ask these questions! Are there GBC rom level editors that are NOT only for Pokemon games? Second, I have this game, which for some strange reason, Im hooked on, but I want to make it so that when you beat the game, you get teleported to one of my made maps, because the game just restartes over to the first level. Is this possible? Thanks for any support, and by the way, the game I am referring to is Warriors of Might and Magic for the GameBoy Color. ;0

firefang
June 17th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Well, I download the games, and they are in those zipped folders. Not the ones that look like a file box in a crank thing, but the ones with a folder and a zipper on it. I drag that over the lil purple gameboy advance icon (the vba) and it says quote "No image found on ZIP file ......" and then it says where it is on my C drive. So I click ok, and then the same message pops up again. I click ok this time, and then nothing else happens. So idk what in the world to do. This happens for every game I've tried so far, so I figure it's something I'm doing wrong.

You could try opening or extracting the zipped folder, and like electro5r said, check for a .gba,.gb or .gbc file. There should only be one of these inside in order for Visual Boy Advance to open the zipped folder. Or you could extract the game file out and open it using Visual Boy Advance.

Keruri
June 17th, 2006, 02:58 PM
You could try opening or extracting the zipped folder, and like electro5r said, check for a .gba,.gb or .gbc file. There should only be one of these inside in order for Visual Boy Advance to open the zipped folder. Or you could extract the game file out and open it using Visual Boy Advance.
It says the exact same thing. Both ways you just stated.

Christos
June 18th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I have PET but it says the rom isn't supported.

Then your pointers are wrong.

Saint of Swords
June 18th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Then your pointers are wrong.
This may sound stupid but what are pointers? :\

Christos
June 18th, 2006, 02:26 AM
This may sound stupid but what are pointers? :\

They're in pokeroms.ini in Elite Map folder. Maybe FR's are wrong that's why PET doesn't support your FR.

Saint of Swords
June 18th, 2006, 02:28 AM
They're in pokeroms.ini in Elite Map folder. Maybe FR's are wrong that's why PET doesn't support your FR.
Anything I can do to make it work?

Christos
June 18th, 2006, 02:56 AM
You have to replace those pointers with ones that work. I could give you mine but some I don't think they work but PET opens FR. I don't use PET for changing trainers and their pokemon so I don't need working pointers to put there.
Well, you can try the ones I got but I'm not sure they'll work: (replace this with the FR pointers of pokeroms.ini)
[BPRE]
Name = Pokémon Fire Red (E)
Language = 0 'English! WOO!
TrainerData = &H23EAF1
TrainerClasses = &H23E558
MonsterNames = &H144
ItemNames = &H3DB028
AttackNames = &H247092
TrainerPics = &H23957C
TrainerPals = &H239A1C
TrainerPicCount = 147
MonsterPics = &H2350AC
MonsterPals = &H23730C
MonsterPicCount = 440
MapHeaders = &H5524C
Maps = &H55194
MapLabels = &H3F1CAC
RomType = 1
WorldMap = kantomap.bmp
HomeLevel = &H0300
AttackTable = &H25D7B4
AttackNameList = &H2470A1
SpriteBase = &H3A3BB0
SpriteColors = &H36D828
SpriteNormalSet = &H3A379C
SpriteSmallSet = &H3A3748
SpriteLargeSet = &H3A37F0
MusicList = fr_songs.txt

Xenesis
June 18th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Just a simple scripting question..

Now, I want to use a givepokemon script, and I understand that all fine, but I want to be able to rig it so I always get specific combinations of IVs (For forcing specific Hidden Powers) and specific natures.

I've been searching around, (and knowing me I have missed it), but is there anything documented about this, commands or suchlike?

Thanks for any help.