PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Simple Questions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Christos
June 18th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Gah! I Can't find a tool that lets me edit trainer Battles, the Sprite of the Trainer and Their Pokemon. I've searched here on C and all over on Google. and I've had enough. If anyone could tell me where to find one Id go Nuts and be really really happy. Thanks In Advance,

Maneachicken.

For which game do you want these?

For trainer sprites and pokemon sprites: unLZ GBA (EliteMap)
Trainer battke editing: A-Battle, PET (EliteMap)

PikaRom
June 18th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I am making a hack of Pokemon Red and am using Thingy32. I have found the text I want to edit in Thingy, press the spacebar by the text I want to edit, type in the new text, but nothing changes. Is there a solution to this problem?

Jeremy
June 18th, 2006, 11:12 AM
PikaRom, sweetie. According to the readme, it says once you edit the text you wanted to edit, just hit enter or escape and it should save it. I'm not sure if this is the best solution to your problem, though. You might want to try another hex editor, sweetie. ^^;

Chizzy
June 18th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks Christos. Its for Fire Red...if that helps...

PikaRom
June 18th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I have been pressing enter/esc to finish editing the text after I have typed it into the window in Thingy32 and it won't change. Sorry I wasn't specific enough

ssj
June 18th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Im having a "run time" error everytime i selct a map can anyone help me out ? :).

firefang
June 18th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Im having a "run time" error everytime i selct a map can anyone help me out ? :).

Well, me too, but it's only for Fire Red and new maps I inserted into Leaf Green. I'm guessing that the offsets in your pokeroms.ini aren't matching those in your ROM. That's assuming you're using Elite Map.

ssj
June 19th, 2006, 06:02 AM
yep i am using elite map.

Nionel
June 19th, 2006, 08:02 AM
I was wondering if it is possible, or if there is already a tool available, that would allow you to renumber the Pokedex in the Advance games. I'm currently working on a Sapphire Hack, and was just curious whether this is possible or not...

SeanAir
June 19th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Some thing is wrong with Pet. When i change the attack of a trainners pokemon it ends up being a different one in the game. Can some one help me out??

Chizzy
June 19th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Yeah...PET... What are the Pokemons Names in the code form?, or does anyone have a chart. I want to edit Brocks pokemon.

Jeremy
June 19th, 2006, 10:06 AM
To SeanAir, what game your hacking? And are editing trainers or Gym leaders, because only Gym leaders', Elite four members' and re-battlible (thats a word...now XD) trainers' Pokémon have specific attacks. If its a trainer, you might want to make sure you edit the right one, sweetie.

To Maneachicken, your pokeroms.ini file needs to be updated, err fixed.

ssj
June 19th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Can someone tell me how to make a story line for example team rocket invade the elite 4 or something like that.:) Im also having a probelm opening roms up with visual boy advance as i downloaded pokemon emerald (U) and it works perfect but when ever i try any other rom such as Fire red (which i downloaded 6 times now) it doesnt work all i get is a white screen on the visual boy advance. I also get a run time error on mostly every program that there is for pokemon hacking.

Zereox
June 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM
HI i forgot the name of the sprite editor that has a metroid slime as icon anyone remember the name?

Jeremy
June 19th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Can someone tell me how to make a story line for example team rocket invade the elite 4 or something like that.:) Im also having a probelm opening roms up with visual boy advance as i downloaded pokemon emerald (U) and it works perfect but when ever i try any other rom such as Fire red (which i downloaded 6 times now) it doesnt work all i get is a white screen on the visual boy advance. I also get a run time error on mostly every program that there is for pokemon hacking.
For storyline help, it requires an imagination, plagarizism, and scripting. XD Have you got the latest version of VBA? If not than goto options/emulator/ and uncheck remove GBA intro. Hope that helped sweetie.

HackMaster72
June 19th, 2006, 03:16 PM
I am making a trainer, but whenever i change the script to a trainer and compile it, it says it compiled correctly, but when i look at the code its just:

nop
#raw 0x5B
end

No matter what i do it comes to that. and if I do try and battle it, my screen goes, not black or white, but RED!? Can someone please help me with this.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
June 19th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I have some questions:

-Is there a way to make it where pokemon can grow to levels above 100? I wanted to make it where they could go up to 250.
-(To anyone who uses it)I was using a map editing thing(Silver Version)(it's called "goldmap", or something like that), and wherever theres a door it asks where you want it to warp to, I want it to warp to a different city, is there a way to do that?(I put a cave entrance in Cianwood and I want it to exit in Cherrygrove)

tommyonline
June 20th, 2006, 04:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me...

I have been playing and trading through the FireRed and LeafGreen roms, and I would love for there to be a WaterBlue version. It would be a hack of one of the original versions.

All I need help with in this is the following:
1. Change the title screen to feature Blastoise with a water background.
2. Change the version exclusive Deoxys from the Attack or Defense version, to the Speed version.

The only other changes I am making are wild Pokémon locations, having a mixture of Pokémon from FireRed and LeafGreen, in WaterBlue.
For example, the Pokémon you will be able to catch can be determined like this:

FireRed : Ekans and Psyduck
LeafGreen : Sandshrew and Slowpoke
so
WaterBlue: Ekans and Slowpoke.

It'll mean players of the roms will be able to play these 3 different different versions, with the 3 different starters according to the version and trade around the 3 games using VBA Link.

So, could anyone help?

alexmad
June 20th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I need one helps very great. the problem is that meti script in the emerald of give pokemon everything comes out well but in the emerald I realized that stops to activate the MENU_PARTY in the emerald not sirbe setflag 0x800 as is? I need that aid as rapidly as possible

Deka
June 20th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Is it possible to export overworld sprites?

AquaLeaderMatt
June 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Ok, I've been trying to use PET but everything is going wrong. I'm using a Pokémon Ruby ROM and i have pokeroms.ini, PET and Ruby all in the same folder... But every time i try to edit a trainer, it comes up with an error: 'pics/pkmn-04b.bmp not found' I was tryinbg to edit Roxanne. Can anybody help me?

Christos
June 20th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Did you dump the R/S trainer sprites with RS Ball?

Jeremy
June 20th, 2006, 12:35 PM
hitme2k5, sweetie. The thing you need to do is to export all the sprites using RS Ball. Put them in a folder named "pics" then name them accodordingly.
Example:
Bulbasuar : pkmn-001.bmp
Ivysaur: pkmn-002.bmp

Remember, you're naming by they their hexidecimal so consult a chart if ya need to sweetie.

To ssj, to edit events just edit their scripts, sweetie.

To gs135790:
- Yes, but it might require ASM hacking, and that would require some programming knowledge.
- Just change the warps Map, Map bank, and warp to. You might want to experiment and compare ofher warps to get the place you want, sweetie.

To Deka: Well here's some ghetto methods:
1. Use TLP, highlight the sprite[s] and goto edit/export to bitmap.

Method if you just want to export and not edit.
2. Take a screenshot.
3. Open spread. Capture the screen by pressing the Print, prt scm button on your keyboard. Then open open, click on the dotted square button. the right click and paste.

Gary, the Magic Fairy
June 20th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Ok, I have no idea what ASM hacking is, so I just wont try to do that.

Thanks, Jeremy.

bsilva001
June 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM
I attempted to read through all of this but 43 pages is to much so I'd like to know:

How do you change gym leaders Pokemon in advance map. If you can't use that or if there is a simpler way, what is it, and how do I do it.

Mertcan
June 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I'm new to rom hacking and I'm trying to translate pokemon tcg into my language.
However, I have a problem.

I can reach to the words without a table editor. Opening the rom with a hex editor is enough for it.

The text is like this:
..HAND..CHECK..ATTACK..PKMN POWER..DONE..TYPE..RETREAT..WEAKNESS..RESİSTANCE..

As you see, the words are separated from each other with .. symbols which are coded as 0006. In this way, I can change the words between those symbols. For example, if I change the word ATTACK into SALDIR, which is the meaning of it in my language, I have no problem. However, if the English word is longer, I cannot translate it. For instance, as I try to translate the word DONE into BITTI moving .. symbols, the next word disappears.

Are there any solutions for this problem? How can I move .. symbols without corrupting the next word?

Thanks.
Now, I managed to find a pointer-calculation program for TCG, however I cannot turn offsets into pointers because I don't even know what a pointer is.

Are there anyone who can explain it more clearly?

Deka
June 21st, 2006, 03:01 AM
To Deka: Well here's some ghetto methods:
1. Use TLP, highlight the sprite[s] and goto edit/export to bitmap.

Method if you just want to export and not edit.
2. Take a screenshot.
3. Open spread. Capture the screen by pressing the Print, prt scm button on your keyboard. Then open open, click on the dotted square button. the right click and paste.

Euhm...

sorry, i'm kind of a n00b can you please make it more euhm.. easy :P

gaara2k5
June 21st, 2006, 05:37 AM
None of the elitemap tools (3.7) work with my Emerald roms.

when i open the rom in PET the pokemon names don't show up and it gives weird "names"
and if i select a name i get an Run time error "6" Overflow.

if i open the rom in Elitemap i get an Run time error "9" Subscript out of range.

In Base edit i get this message: Rom supported but monster base stats are not sprecified in database.

what is the problem ? i tried a few roms, all US roms.

edit: Advance map works

Sharanza
June 21st, 2006, 05:38 AM
huh anyone know how i can make pokemon hack where are 2 diffrent story`s
like:
if u select heroin you will get lapras and there will be some new events
or if u selct hero you will get seel and there will be new events too but diffrent if u select heroin

Chris-h11
June 21st, 2006, 05:42 AM
gaara2k5: Go here:
Pokemon Emerald (E) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47966)

It will tell you what to do

Knaspergold: Check the script database, it says something about getting a different pokemon if you are a boy or a girl

Gary, the Magic Fairy
June 21st, 2006, 10:25 PM
The search isn't working, so if this has already been answered somewhere, I'm sorry.

(Silver Version)Whats the easiest way to edit the Gym Leaders/E4?

tog5632
June 21st, 2006, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, it's good to be back here. My question was whether anyone else has the same error with the trainer editing program PET as I do. Upon changing the Gym Leader's Pokemon's attacks in Pokemon Sapphire, the in-game version of their Pokemon have some very strange attacks, not the ones I set. If anyone knows what is up with it, I would appreciate an assist.
BTW: I have searched the forums pretty well for this topic and my results were inconclusive at best. I was unable to obtain a sufficient amount of information to help me.

Thanks!!!

JouninJ
June 23rd, 2006, 02:21 AM
hi, i`m new to this board, i do have some expiriance in hacking pokemon games (not much, mostly advance map etc) and i was wondering if there are any Hacking tools for Megaman battle network?

thanks in advance

pokeant
June 23rd, 2006, 09:01 AM
FR help:
how to change the shape of the badge? and how to change the effects of the badge? eg. when you take the 4th badge, all pokemon will obey you (as in the last badge) something like this.
blue version help:
how to edit the maps? i can't find any good tools.

charimon
June 23rd, 2006, 11:46 AM
i've made 2 cave (normal level and down) i placed the battle thingy to random and placed pokes at grass but still i don't encounter pokemon cause i don't know wich tile i need 2 use
i use the evergrande tile and the ice tile (also seen at the evergrande almost down)
so my question is what tile(s because there 2) do i need 2 take just say like 2 down and 1 right from the cave tile or something like that, or is it even something else i forgot 2 do.
thanks in advance ;)

AquaLeaderMatt
June 24th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Hi, I've been messing with Ruby and I tried to move the truck at the start, but the player still jumps out from where the truck USED to be. Can anybody help me? (If you can, try to expalin it simply :D)

SilverPluto
June 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I'm fairly new to this hacking thing....I have most of the programs but I have a question: When you make your hack, is it possible to put it back onto the handheld Gameboy?

Lord Mike
June 24th, 2006, 08:33 AM
This should be asked in Simple Questions.

I heard there is a special USB cable that connects the GameBoy Advance with the VisualBoy Advance or whatever emulator you have and you can load the ROMs onto empty game packs.

JouninJ
June 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
if you used Elitemap you should be able to do so if you move the correct event

ssj
June 24th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Can somone tell me how i can change the sprites around in fire red so that you play as the rival.

SilverPluto
June 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM
This should be asked in Simple Questions.

I heard there is a special USB cable that connects the GameBoy Advance with the VisualBoy Advance or whatever emulator you have and you can load the ROMs onto empty game packs.
Oh gee, sorries!!!! I wasn't really thinking I guess.

Well, thanks!! That helped lots.

pokeant
June 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM
how to change the rival name at the start of the game? (firered)

Jeremy
June 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM
pokeant, you could change the text using a hex editor and a table file, or easier, use Scizz's Advance Text (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=65350), sweetie.

ssj, sweetie, you could try using TLP, or Tile Molestor, and switch the main character's tiles with your rivals. Or you could use Spread (came with Elitemap) and edit him, pixcel by pixcel. After that you might want to switch his pallete with the main character by pallete hacking using a hex editor.

pokeant
June 25th, 2006, 05:57 AM
FR help:
how to change the header that appear when you walk into the map? when i use advanced map to change the header of pallet town, it changes viridian city's. when i change viridian city's, it changes cerulean city's... also
how to change the shape of the badge? and how to change the effects of the badge? eg. when you take the 4th badge, all pokemon will obey you (as in the last badge) something like this.
blue version help:

t3hpwninator
June 25th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Does anyone here know how they make it so that the opponent's Pokemon are always the same level as your highest level? Does it go with the rest of the trainer/Pokemon data or is it a seperate function? Thanks in advance.

Vee217
June 26th, 2006, 06:42 AM
but its an easy one for people that know how to do it

i know how to create them and compile them into the rom but i just dont know what to do after that because i know thats not all that it takes

i tried changing the offset of the person to the new offset in advance map and that diddnt work and i tried instertin the script into advanced text and it gave me a new offset to put into advance map and when i put that offset in i only ended up with a diolauge-box with no words inside as there should have been. maybe there is something wrong with my scripting ... here is my script

#org 0x6B1E70
message 0x6B1800
boxset 0x4
end
#org 0x6B1800
= I found this Bulbasaur but I'm not a trianer so you can have him!
checkflag 0x1
if 0 0x800200
setflag 0x1
givepokemon 0x01 0x07 0x01

any help will be heavily appreciated =)

xavivx
June 26th, 2006, 06:44 AM
hm how i add new ppl in ruby or red fire??? imean some for talk and some for battle can someone help me?

ssj
June 26th, 2006, 07:02 AM
You have to get advance map and click on the event tab and look at the bottom right hand corner of the screen where it says event manger and where it says people just change the number to what you want then click change events and you should get a bunch of numbers appearing on the screen then look at the top left hand corner of your map and you should see the hero drag and drop him to where every you want then change the spirte to what ever you want. Ive done this but i don't know how to add new script in as ive said :).

tog5632
June 26th, 2006, 08:18 AM
This is in response to vitodaguido's script question. Here is the new version, I tested it myself and it works. Have fun with it! I changed the offsets around a bit, but you can change them back.

#autobank on
#org 0x6B1E70
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x01
if 0x1 jump 0x6B8180
message 0x6B81F0
boxset 0x6
jingle
message 0x6B8240
boxset 0x6
setflag 0x01
givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0
release
end

#org 0x6B8180
message 0x6B8270
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x6B81F0
= I found this BULBASAUR\nbut I'm not a trainer so you\ncan take him.
#org 0x6B8240
= \v\h01\v\h05 recieved a BULBASAUR!
#org 0x6B8270
= How's the BULBASAUR?

Vee217
June 26th, 2006, 09:44 AM
i can not find an elitemap older than 3.6 which means i can not find diamond cutter anywhere including google ... can someone help =/

Jeremy
June 26th, 2006, 10:20 AM
*Taps ViToDaGuiDo.* Here's you go, sweetie. Don't know why you need it. *hint.* Oh well.

Vee217
June 26th, 2006, 11:42 AM
thanks jeremy

i was told it was best to input a dcript into a game ... i am having trouble going through advanced mape and advance text ... thanks tho

rokman
June 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Ok...

I have

IPSwin2.0.exe
brown.ips
visualboyadvance1.8.0.exe

PLEASE tell me how to get this to work...

I have read the tutorials and all that, it still doesn't work.

charimon
June 26th, 2006, 12:07 PM
U need a unhacked version of the game thatpokemon brown is hacked from ( you can see that on the thread or u just know it)
than just click on the ips, it will open a menu search the unhacked version, select it and open the rom (that was first unhacked) in VBA) ^^

pokeant
June 27th, 2006, 02:41 AM
I have

IPSwin2.0.exe
brown.ips
visualboyadvance1.8.0.exe

PLEASE tell me how to get this to work...

get a fresh pokemon red version.
click on the brown.ips and select pokemon red.
now you can play... simple

anyone knows how to change rules of battle in firered? like each trainer can only use 2 pokemon in a gym battle?

urzzz
June 27th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Hi, i'm trying to compile a trainer script to my Ruby ROM using Scripted, but i'm having a few problems.

first problem was a RTE 6 error i had, which stopped me from compiling. But i fixed that by adding a extra 0x0 between the Trainer ID bytes and the Battle intro pointer.
The problem now is that when i compile my script (which looks fine to me) and then assign the script to a trainer on elitemap, i approach the trainer, who spots me and walks towards me, but then all he does is come up with a load of never ending text which looks like: AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAI, with ^'s over the top of the text.

I'm really stumped, the script looks fine to me, is there anyone who knows what could be the problem, heres the exact script:

#autobank on
#org 0x2089F0
trainerbattle 0x0 0x01 0x0 0x208A30 0x208A70
message 0x208AA0
boxset 0x06
end

#org 0x208A30
= i'm really pumped for a battle\pprepare to lose!
#org 0x208A70
= Ouch!, i need to train harder!
#org 0x208AA0
= your from HOENN huh?...\phehe. you'll find tougher\ntrainers than me in this region

sandcrawler
June 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
How do you... (Fire Red!)

-Remove girl gender choice
-Remove hero and rival name choice (the names are set)

masterdeluxe247
June 27th, 2006, 04:19 PM
For my computer, it says its not even a .ips file. Any help would be appreciated, such as a working patch or how to get this one working.

Mertcan
June 28th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I need to learn how to re-point a text which is extremely important for me.
All I need to know is that very basic and simple thing. I also have a pointer-calculation program for this.

I'm very desperate at this moment and need an immediate answer. Any attemp to help will be appreciated.

Johlto
June 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Anyone have any tools or a place where I can get savegames for the "yellow" game? Thanks!

slipknot
June 28th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Hello,

I'm a big newb at rom hacking, so I decided to make a simple hack. However, I wanted to do 1 hard part: adding a script so you get pokemon when you defeated a gym leader (his/her last pokemon). I used the simple script thingie from Dark Future.inc (credits to them), but I don't understand the tutorial :( so can someone help me plz? ways to help:

1. By giving me a very detailed step-for-step instruction (I don't understand a bit about scripts)
2. By giving me the scripts (the scripts must work this way: when you defeat a leader, you must talk again. Then you get his/her last pokemon on the correct level! you don't have to make it hard for yourself by giving them rock tomb or something, i just teach them that with the TM, so just simple with the 4 (or less) last move the pokemon should have)
p.s. the leader must say: For defeating me, I'll give you my POKéMON!

if you need to have the offset the scrips can come in: 006EA490
from here i have a huge amount of space left, more then enough for the scrips, how big they are

Shadowyoshi
June 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I tried using Pokepic to add a pokemon, it came up as a distorted pic and when I resized it like the pics it showed, it ended up as a blue silhoutte. Help!

Just for the heads-up, the pokemon I'm trying to add is Buizeru from D/P. How could I add it to Pokemon Sapphire/Emerald?

Alistair
June 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
The Pokémon must have only a 16 color pallette.

Deoxys Master EX
June 29th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Can you buy a flash card for your GameBoySP that has a usb you can plug into the computer? Can you put your hack on it and play it on your GameBoy SP ?

Alistair
June 29th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Yes, it is true. But please stop making threads with questions that you could have asked in Simple Questions.

halfdead
June 29th, 2006, 08:37 AM
iight i do apologize but someone please help before this thread is closed but i really need a ruby english tbl file and ive searched the forums, went to the sticky about this ( i downloaded 3 files out of the message board and all of them said 0 kb and came up with error when i tried extracting it ) and pokedrome keeps bringing up as cannot find server and thats the only place i know that has the tbl files. Does anyone know another place to get them without these problems ^^^^^^. Plz help before you close the thread man i really need this file .......

Xenesis
June 29th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Can you buy a flash card for your GameBoySP that has a usb you can plug into the computer? Can you put your hack on it and play it on your GameBoy SP ?

Yes, yes and yes.

Look on Ebay, or other online stores. They aren't hard to find and don't cost too much.

ozzie6900
June 29th, 2006, 11:31 AM
This was asked earlier in this thread but I didn't understand, so if it's okay to ask again -
I'm trying to edit FireRed's font and can't find its graphics in TLP or any other program.. I suppose it's compressed or something like that.. (Elitemap doesn't have an offest to any other game but R/S)
If someone knows, please help me :)

Thanks!!

SuperiorHominid
June 29th, 2006, 04:57 PM
anyone have em? I really need them

Shadowyoshi
June 29th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Hi, i'm trying to compile a trainer script to my Ruby ROM using Scripted, but i'm having a few problems.

first problem was a RTE 6 error i had, which stopped me from compiling. But i fixed that by adding a extra 0x0 between the Trainer ID bytes and the Battle intro pointer.
The problem now is that when i compile my script (which looks fine to me) and then assign the script to a trainer on elitemap, i approach the trainer, who spots me and walks towards me, but then all he does is come up with a load of never ending text which looks like: AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAI, with ^'s over the top of the text.

I'm really stumped, the script looks fine to me, is there anyone who knows what could be the problem, heres the exact script:

#autobank on
#org 0x2089F0
trainerbattle 0x0 0x01 0x0 0x208A30 0x208A70
message 0x208AA0
boxset 0x06
end

#org 0x208A30
= i'm really pumped for a battle\pprepare to lose!
#org 0x208A70
= Ouch!, i need to train harder!
#org 0x208AA0
= your from HOENN huh?...\phehe. you'll find tougher\ntrainers than me in this region

Isn't the trainerID supposed to be 3 digits long? (Eg. 14D) Of course I'm still a newb but that's what most tutorials tell me. If it works let me know so it can anwser my question.

w_rink_ly
June 29th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Hello, I have a questoin regarding scripting... You know when you want to end an event you put:

#raw 53
#raw (index of event in hex)
#raw 00

into script editor (or at least that's what i do), well I think it only works with people events and not script events or signpost events and stuff. Anyone know what to put into script editor to end events other than people?

Shadowyoshi
June 30th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I am making a trainer, but whenever i change the script to a trainer and compile it, it says it compiled correctly, but when i look at the code its just:

nop
#raw 0x5B
end

No matter what i do it comes to that. and if I do try and battle it, my screen goes, not black or white, but RED!? Can someone please help me with this.
This has been happening to me too! Did someone PM you an anwser? If so please tell me or if someone else can help.

I think I saw a list in the Documents/Tutorials. If not sorry.

I'm using PET and I made a trainer battle but how do I put it into the game?

If anyone can still anwser this it'd be appreciated. This actually ties in with the first quote in this.

ssj
June 30th, 2006, 12:51 PM
How do make it so that for example there is a team rocket invasion on pallet town and when you defeat giovani all the team rocket people go and everything is back to normal. I was also wondering how do i make new offsets and make flags for things such as the event I said already also can someone tell me how i can add a team magma and team aqua overworld into fire red with out editing other overworlds also can someone tell me what a pointer is.

firefang
June 30th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I read somewhere about modifying pokeroms.ini to suit your rom by searching for the offsets of certain values. May I ask exactly what are the values I must search for? I'm talking about Fire Red.

PikaRom
July 1st, 2006, 02:41 PM
I am relatively new to ROM hacking and am hacking a Pokemon Red ROM. I want to edit the Gym Leader Pokemon, but Hexposure cannot find the hex address where they start. Could somebody please assist me by providing any tips?

SSJRobby
July 2nd, 2006, 03:17 AM
Hello,

I'm new here and already enjoying all the awesome and helpfull threads on the forum.
I have also started hacking Pokemon Fire Red, changing to my own region with my own Fakemon. I have recently finished 100 new Pokemon, and it would be very cool to see them in the game (ofcourse).

Anywayz, I was just wondering if anyone is willing to help me or tell me which tool to use to do this.

Thnx in advance

Jeremy
July 2nd, 2006, 07:40 AM
To SSJRobby, I'm sure this tutorial will help you sweetie.
Click here. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775)

To PikaRom, 3A3B6 is the offset for Brock's Pokémon.
You'll see 0C A9 0E 22.
Remember the level comes before the Pokémon.
0C = Lvl. 12
A9 = Geodude
0E = Lvl.14
22 = Onix
To determine the levels, try using a scientific calculator. (The one in windoze will work just fine.)
Here's the list of Pokémon's hex values for RBY if ya need it, sweetie.
Hex/ Name
00 Missingno
01 Rydon
02 Kangaskahn
03 Nidoran Male
04 Clefairy
05 Spearow
06 Voltorb
07 Nidoking
08 Slowbro
09 Ivysaur
0A Eggecutor
0B Licktung
0C Exegute
0D Grimer
0E Gengar
0F Nidoran F
10 Nidoqueen
11 Cubone
12 Ryhorn
13 Lapras
14 Arcanine
15 Mew
16 Gyrados
17 Shellder
18 Tentacool
19 Gastly
1A Scyther
1B Staryu
1C Blastoice
1D Pinser
1E Tangala
1F -- --
20 -- --
21 Growlithe
22 Onix
23 Fearow
24 Pidgey
25 Slowpoke
26 Kadabra
27 Graveler
28 Chansey
29 Machoke
2A Mr. Mime
2B Hitmonlee
2C Hitmonchan
2D Arbok
2E Parasect
2F Psyduck
30 Drowzee
31 Golom
32 -- --
33 Magmar
34 -- --
35 Electabuzz
36 Magneton
37 Koffing
38 -- --
39 Mankey
3A Seel
3B Digglett
3C Tarous
3D -- --
3E -- --
3F -- --
40 FarFetche'd
41 Venonat
42 Dragonite
43 -- --
44 -- --
45 -- --
46 Doduo
47 Poliwag
48 Jynx
49 Moltres
4A Articuno
4B Zapdos
4C Ditto
4D Meowth
4E Krabby
4F -- --
50 -- --
51 -- --
52 Vulpix
53 Ninetails
54 Pikachu
55 Raichu
56 -- --
57 -- --
58 Dratini
59 Dragonair
5A Kabuto
5B Kabutops
5C Horsea
5D Seadra
5E -- --
5F -- --
60 Sandshrew
61 Sandslash
62 Omanyte
63 Omaster
64 Jigglypuff
65 Wigglytuff
66 Eevee
67 Flareon
68 Jolteon
69 Vaporeon
6A Machop
6B Zubat
6C Ekans
6D Paras
6E Poliwhirl
6F Poliwrath
70 Weedle
71 Kakuna
72 Beedril
73 -- --
74 Dodrio
75 Primeape
76 Dugtrio
77 Venomoth
78 Dewgong
79 -- --
7A -- --
7B Caterpie
7C Metapod
7D Butterfree
7E Machamp
7F -- --
80 Golduck
81 Hypno
82 Golbat
83 Mewtwo
84 Snorlax
85 Magikarp
86 -- --
87 -- --
88 Muk
89 -- --
8A Kingler
8B Cloyster
8C -- --
8D Electrode
8E Clefable
8F Weezing
90 Persian
91 Marowak
92 -- --
93 Haunter
94 Abra
95 Alakazzam
96 Pidgeotto
97 Pidgeot
98 Starmie
99 Bulbasaur
9A Venusaur
9B Tentacruel
9C -- --
9D Goldeen
9E Seaking
9F -- --
A0 -- --
A1 -- --
A2 -- --
A3 Ponyta
A4 Rapidash
A5 Rattata
A6 Ratticate
A7 Nidorino
A8 Nidorina
A9 Geodude
AA Porygon
AB Areodactyl
AC -- --
AD Magnemite
AE -- --
AF -- --
B0 Charmander
B1 Squirtle
B2 Charmeleon
B3 Wartortle
B4 Charizard
B5 -- --
B6 -- --
B7 -- --
B8 -- --
B9 Oddish
BA Gloom
BB Vileplume
BC Bellsprout
BD Weepinbell
BE Victreebell

SSJRobby
July 2nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Whoopsydo !

I made till the first part... I edited Bulbasaurs sprite. NOw I can't post any images yet (need 15 posts) but the colors are off.... and now I can't seem to edit any other sprites because it keeps telling me something's wrong :s

I could really use some help with this.

Shadowyoshi
July 2nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Whoopsydo !

I made till the first part... I edited Bulbasaurs sprite. NOw I can't post any images yet (need 15 posts) but the colors are off.... and now I can't seem to edit any other sprites because it keeps telling me something's wrong :s

I could really use some help with this.
I've had this problem before, i think the pictures can only be 16-colour sprites. If it is then maybe the pokemon is off centre. If not then I can't help you but i non-newb probably could.

pokeant
July 2nd, 2006, 05:39 PM
Anyone know how to:
change rival name? atext does not work... (firered)
change shape of badge (firered)
edit map (blue)

Green Charizard
July 3rd, 2006, 08:18 AM
My Question:~ Does anyone know the exact location of the main grass colour in hex. I've searhed for it in hex but there are absolutly loads of that palette line. Thanks in advance. ~ It's ok, I've managed it I went through about 30 diffent offsets to find it.

My answers:
By pokeant

Anyone know how to:
...change shape of badge (firered)...

Just use UNLZ and flick through and use the + and - to adjust the size.
I think it's located just after the trainers so about 1300 onwards.

By pokeant

Anyone know how to:
...edit map (blue)
See here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223)

ssj
July 3rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
Can someone tell me how I can make events happen by using flags and how I can make new offsets.(Fire Red)

MegaMasterX
July 3rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
I was using AdvanceMap to Map Edit Fire Red version of Pokemon.
I discovered that there is 1 "trash" level. I believe it's Sevii Isle 22, 23, and 24. Personally, I think that Sevii Isle 23 is an NPC dump level. If anyone can enlighten me on what these 3 levels are for and why aren't they categorized?

Korussive Acidsan
July 3rd, 2006, 04:59 PM
They're Beta maps, like the Gold and Silver Safari Zone/ You can also find the record mixing center in the game.

X-Glitch
July 4th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Hello everybody.

I actually hack Pokemon Blue Version into Purple Version.
I found "RED MEGA DOCUMENTATION" in "Documents/Tutorials".
It precise for edit Rom Text, I have to search the text what I want to edit in Transhelxion (Hex Program).

The main problem that each string search return no results o_O.
There are no text directly written in hex code.

I ask how I can do for editing text of Blue pokemon version ROM.

- Previous thing is not a glitch :P -

master_of_all_pokemon
July 4th, 2006, 03:16 AM
i added a new house in pallet town but the outside of the room has part of the room repeating in it and i also added a new person in the house but when i try and talk to her she doesnt do anything. I have added text for her using advance text. I am using LeafGreen.

Coco CrisP
July 4th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Im in major problem here! Itz probably simple to all u intermediate and advanced hackers but im beginner. Okay my question to you all is how do you insert your own trainer sprite into Pokemon Ruby. I'm trying to replace Brendan with another trainer, so, it would really help me if someone explained step by step how to do this.

Thnx in advance to who ever answerz this.

Shadowyoshi
July 4th, 2006, 08:01 AM
i added a new house in pallet town but the outside of the room has part of the room repeating in it and i also added a new person in the house but when i try and talk to her she doesnt do anything. I have added text for her using advance text. I am using LeafGreen.
Check to see if the script offset for the speech and the person saying it are the same is all I can think of.

Im in major problem here! Itz probably simple to all u intermediate and advanced hackers but im beginner. Okay my question to you all is how do you insert your own trainer sprite into Pokemon Ruby. I'm trying to replace Brendan with another trainer, so, it would really help me if someone explained step by step how to do this.

1. Download Elite Map w/UNLZ.GBA
2. Use UNLZ to find the Brendan Sprite
3. Export and edit it to how you like.
4. Import it back in and replace the old one

I wish I could help but I have a few problems myself with scripting:

1. When I insert a script with ScriptED, the person doesn't say anything.
2. When inserting a trainer battle, the trainer script automatically changes to some thing that isn't a trainer battle.

I have my own question to:

How do you add new trainers/pokemon w/o removing old ones? (The tutorial was removed)

X-Glitch
July 4th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Hello there :D !

First, nobody have to answer my previous question beacause i resolved it myself (Poke.tbl) :P

Now I have others question ^^

1. How I can change the starter pokemon in Red/Blue version without use "Starting Pokémon Changer" ? (It stuff not really work, there are bugs, Gary select the same starter of Ash o_O).

2. How I can modify the start screen and the pokemon who appear the first ?

3. It possible to add pokemons in Red/Blue like in RF/LG ? If yes, how ^^' ?

See Ya !

Shadowyoshi
July 4th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Hello there :D !

First, nobody have to answer my previous question beacause i resolved it myself (Poke.tbl) :P

Now I have others question ^^

1. How I can change the starter pokemon in Red/Blue version without use "Starting Pokémon Changer" ? (It stuff not really work, there are bugs, Gary select the same starter of Ash o_O).

2. How I can modify the start screen and the pokemon who appear the first ?

3. It possible to add pokemons in Red/Blue like in RF/LG ? If yes, how ^^' ?

See Ya !

I can only anwser the 1st one and the only anwser is to use a hex-editor but I don't know the offsets...

w_rink_ly
July 5th, 2006, 03:13 AM
Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with a script. The part of the game in Ruby when you talk to Steven just outside of Fortree Town and you fight the Keckleon, I need to change the script so that you fight a Bayleaf but i dont know how. I've been sucessful in changing its cry but that's it. Here is the script:

'-----------------------
#org 0x151853
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x122
if 0x1 jump 0x151884
msgbox 0x8171827 '"STEVEN: Hm? \v\h01\v..."
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x151877
goto 0x815189D
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x151884
msgbox 0x817196F '"STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05..."
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x151877
goto 0x815189D
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x151877
msgbox 0x817193D '"STEVEN: No?\pI'll wa..."
callstd 0x4
setflag 0x122
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x15189D
msgbox 0x81719A0 '"STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05..."
callstd 0x4
#raw 0x68
compare 0x800C 0x2
if 0x1 call 0x15197F
compare 0x800C 0x3
if 0x1 call 0x15198A
applymovement 0x31 0x81A083F
pause 0x0
pause 0x14
msgbox 0x81719D4 '"STEVEN used the DEVO..."
callstd 0x4
#raw 0x68
applymovement 0x30 0x81A0843
pause 0x0
applymovement 0x30 0x81A0662
pause 0x0
cry 0xA1 0x99
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x151877
msgbox 0x817193D '"STEVEN: No?\pI'll wa..."
callstd 0x4
setflag 0x122
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x15197F
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x81A083F
pause 0x0
return

'-----------------------
#org 0x15198A
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x8151995
pause 0x0
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x171827
= STEVEN: Hm? \v\h01\v\h05, hi.\nIt's been a while.\pThere's something here that you can't\nsee, right?\pNow, if I were to use this device on\nthe invisible obstacle...\pNo, no. Rather than describing it,\nI should just show you.\lThat would be more fun.\p\v\h01\v\h05, are your POKéMON ready for\nbattle?
#org 0x17196F
= STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05, are your POKéMON\nready for battle?
#org 0x17193D
= STEVEN: No?\pI'll wait here, so you can get ready.
#org 0x1719A0
= STEVEN: \v\h01\v\h05, show me your true\npower as a TRAINER!
#org 0x1719D4
= STEVEN used the DEVON SCOPE.\pAn invisible POKéMON became completely\nvisible!\pThe startled POKéMON attacked!
#org 0x17193D
= STEVEN: No?\pI'll wait here, so you can get ready.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#raw 27 'StLeft4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 28 'StRight4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 55 'Show
#raw 12 'Delay2
#raw 54 'Hide
#raw 12 'Delay2
#raw 55 'Show
#raw 12 'Delay2
#raw 54 'Hide
#raw 12 'Delay2
#raw 55 'Show
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw 54 'Hide
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw 55 'Show
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw 54 'Hide
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw 55 'Show
#raw 14 'Delay4
#raw 54 'Hide
#raw 14 'Delay4
#raw 55 'Show
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 27 'StLeft4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 8 'Down2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw FE 'Exit

TDCagle
July 5th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Excuse me everybody,

Can I get some help with scripts? I believe it could be hard but I'm willing to learn. ;)

All I want to know is how can you change people's movements? I.E. Professor Oak rescueing you from the grass? If too long to explain is there a tutorial. I've been searching for this for quite a while.

Sorry to bug you ;)

BluePhoenix
July 6th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Hey guys,
Scyther has told me to post this here. He has been making a hack and he found a glitch.
Picture:
http://www.pokefusion.com/images/glitch.png

Can you tell me why the sprite became messed up?

Green Charizard
July 6th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Hey guys,
Scyther has told me to post this here. He has been making a hack and he found a glitch.
Picture:
http://www.pokefusion.com/images/glitch.png

Can you tell me why the sprite became messed up?
It's an error in the program, use UNLZ or make the sprite smallerif you mut use that program. (I presume it's RS ball). Hope I helped

Scyther
July 6th, 2006, 06:31 AM
It's an error in the program, use UNLZ or make the sprite smallerif you mut use that program. (I presume it's RS ball). Hope I helped
the sprite perfectly fits its predecessor "blazikin" and im using ubLZ-gba

Liquinn
July 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I have a problem... I'm trying to change a sprite in the introduction of a gold hack.

I want the "Hiro" sprite to be changed into the "Team rocket" sprite below.

http://www.pkmon.net/images/Game02/Muduko5.gif

Thanks for helping me... =P If you help me do this, you might get your name in the credits. :)

Green Charizard
July 6th, 2006, 10:56 AM
the sprite perfectly fits its predecessor "blazikin" and im using ubLZ-gba
Ok, erm try re-insertng it at a different location (different offset)
e.g
http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/2813/17bt.png

If that fails back up your ROM and click automatically fix pointers. Hope I helped, at least this time...

Edit: I also think your ROM may be corrupt, if it fails try inserting it into a back up file

Scyther
July 6th, 2006, 12:56 PM
i tried that, it dosent work, the first thing you said, just changed the colour of the old sprite in there. the second on about changing the hex value, didnt work the it either says no recognised or the image screen goes black.
my rom isnt corrupt i dont think because ive added 17 new pokemon so far (34 images)

Blazichu
July 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I have a problem... I'm trying to change a sprite in the introduction of a gold hack.

I want the "Hiro" sprite to be changed into the "Team rocket" sprite below.

http://www.pkmon.net/images/Game02/Muduko5.gif

Thanks for helping me... =P If you help me do this, you might get your name in the credits. :)

Use Agixp 4.11, I have a copy so I could do it if you need someone to do it email it

-ROM sharing is not allowed here, neither the request to have it mailed to you-

Green Charizard
July 6th, 2006, 10:47 PM
i tried that, it dosent work, the first thing you said, just changed the colour of the old sprite in there. the second on about changing the hex value, didnt work the it either says no recognised or the image screen goes black.
my rom isnt corrupt i dont think because ive added 17 new pokemon so far (34 images)
Sorry as I wasn't able 2 help. try inserting just the background colour and then insert the pokemon. Other than that I can't think of anything other than re-pointing (no idea how to do this in hex) So use a different pokemon for that 1 and reinsert a few squares and call it Missingno.;)

Also when I said corrupt i meant just that pokmon, it's happend 2 me 2.

Amachi
July 7th, 2006, 05:00 AM
I'd just like to ask a few questions concerning Pokemon Ruby ...

1. Can someone please inform me of how to start a wild pokemon battle the way it is started for (most) legendaries.

OK I know that this question (or a similar one) has been answered before, but I'm finding it difficult to find the answer, so can someone please either repost the answer or give me directions to it. Thanks.

2. On some of the routes in Advance Map I get an error message saying:
Invalid Map-Footer Pointer... Can someone please tell what's going on. I have added a new map and repointed more than enough times, so maybe that has something to do with it.

3. When I go to Wild Pokemon View in Advance Map, it says "Sorry, no wild pokemon were found on this map", and it gives me the option to create new pokemon. And I know that this is inccorrect cause the maps are routes.

NOTE: If possible, can the answers relate to Advance Map? If you wanna explain it in script though, go ahead, but can you put it in layman's terms. Thanks.

pokeant
July 7th, 2006, 07:08 AM
everyone has not been able to answer some of my question...

new question:
How to edit text in blue version without using hex programs? I had a hard time finding the texts.
How to change pokemon sprite in blue version?
How to get the item in pokemart that can surf without badge and hm surf? I think in the old version it is call BOARD. but i cannot find it in "advanced mart"...
how to edit trainers's pokemon? PET does not work for me...

old questions that are not answered:

how to change the header that appear when you walk into the map? when i use advanced map to change the header of pallet town, it changes viridian city's. when i change viridian city's, it changes cerulean city's...(FireRed)

how to change rival name? atext does not work... (firered)

Answered but still does not work
Anyone know how to change shape of badge (firered)
By green charizard
Just use UNLZ and flick through and use the + and - to adjust the size.
I think it's located just after the trainers so about 1300 onwards.
I cannot find it...

JayZon
July 7th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Hello! I'm french Héhé..!

My problem is when I use Advance Map, I modify the wild Pokémon. And when I used the old rod, I just want Pokémon at level 5 to 10 but the Pokémon who want to battle have level 20 to 25.

How I ajust the level of Pokémon depending the Rod?
Thx!

laurens
July 7th, 2006, 08:03 AM
It depends, if you have changed the pokemon at the place where you fish under the dropdown menu 'Water' then you probably have changed the water pokemon. try to go back and check if the pokemons you get are there with the levels set, if not, its a glitch/bug. if it is, just change it the way you like.

JayZon
July 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Yes I changed The Pokémon. It was that I want. I take the Pokémon to level 5 at 45 for magicarp. And when I used Old Rod, I want it just Magicarp to level 5 at 10 want to battle.
The problem is when I use old rod, it has magicarp at level 20 wants to battle.

How I do to battle Pokémon at level 5 to 10 with Old Rod, Pokémon at level 11 to 25 with Good Rod and Pokémon at level 26 to 50 with Mega Rod?

Thx!

X-Glitch
July 7th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hello !

I would like know the offset of the "Red Version" tiles in PKMN RED.
I think it's the only solution to change it like in Coolboyman's PKMN Brown version.
I find all thj tiles of start screen but no what i search :/

Thx !

HackMaster72
July 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
']I'd just like to ask a few questions concerning Pokemon Ruby ...

1. Can someone please inform me of how to start a wild pokemon battle the way it is started for (most) legendaries.

you use this script:
wildbattle <species> <Level> 3

HackMew
July 7th, 2006, 12:05 PM
you use this script:
wildbattle <species> <Level> 3

In addiction you can also use

cry 0xA1 <species>

Wootor
July 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hello all!
I don't know if this has been answered before, I've searched and not found anything on it.
I need to know how to do Headbutt in the overworld in FR/LG. Like in GSC?
Use Headbutt from the Pokemon menu, a Pokemon falls out and you battle it.

UnHoly
July 8th, 2006, 12:53 AM
i have a .emap file but i dont know how to insert it. please help

Jamos
July 8th, 2006, 02:45 AM
Hey, can anyone please help? I can add an isp file to anything but my screen just goes white, am i doing something wrong? i apply the file, and it just wont work yet one worked for pokemon silver fine, when i did everything the same for both.

weixeng
July 8th, 2006, 03:07 AM
How to change gyn leader and elite 4 pokemon and their name?

Insomnium
July 8th, 2006, 08:17 AM
I have a few problems/questions;

1. My computer can't compile the .rbc files, the button just isn't clickable for some reason..

2. How do I add text to new characters and people? When I talk to them, nothing happens.

3. Can someone tell me how I can put a Daycare into the game?
(I realize it has something to do with the scripts, but I don't know how to insert script anyway.)

Sorry I'm such n00b, -laugh-

Link_971
July 8th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Hello, I am Jirachi260, new on this forum and I am a creator of hack-rom French.

I am registered on this forum to get back most possible help(assistant) as regards the rom-hacking.

Here is for what I look:

- Offsets ( complete INI) of elite map for FRENCH POKEMON EMRAUDE
- The offsets of advance mart for FRENCH POKEMON EMRAUDE
- The offsets of FART for FRENCH POKEMON EMRAUDE
- The offsets of fonted for POKEMON ruby / FRENCH SAPPHIRE / EMERALD.

Thank you in advance and I ask you how as it is found offsets...

Then, I shall want to know are what the numbers of tiles for BRENDEN, MAY and WILLY in FRENCH POKEMON emerald on UNLZ-GBA (in fight that is seen by back) because I did not find them!

Thank you it is to advance my project of hack-rom, Pokémon Angel crystal!

ff6man
July 8th, 2006, 12:12 PM
how do i make a title screen without useing cyclone because it dosnt work for me

Shadowyoshi
July 8th, 2006, 12:37 PM
How to change gyn leader and elite 4 pokemon and their name?
Try using PET.
How do I add text to new characters and people? When I talk to them, nothing happens.

Try using a scipt. There should be a tutorial somewhere in the tutorial section. once you make a script, take the offset and use Advance Mpa to call that scipt when you talk to that person.

Sorry this all I can help with for now.

HackMew
July 8th, 2006, 02:56 PM
i have a .emap file but i dont know how to insert it. please help

Open EliteMap and click on a area under the EliteMap logo (left corner, in the top)
Now, you should see a menu just appeared. Choose Load ExMap option and open your .emap file

I have a few problems/questions;

1. My computer can't compile the .rbc files, the button just isn't clickable for some reason..

2. How do I add text to new characters and people? When I talk to them, nothing happens.

3. Can someone tell me how I can put a Daycare into the game?
(I realize it has something to do with the scripts, but I don't know how to insert script anyway.)

1. Probably, you are missing some needed files for the ScriptEd/Rubikon. Try reinstalling EliteMap
2. Try read this (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=37818) tutorial. It should help you
3. It's not difficult but it's a bit complicated because there are two different scripts. However, sure not impossible.

how do i make a title screen without useing cyclone because it dosnt work for me

Try using unLZ-GBA

XD375
July 8th, 2006, 03:42 PM
What's the newest version of PokéMap? Is it 1.2?

Red
July 8th, 2006, 06:50 PM
So, I was wondering how I could get the pallette for my title screen logo fixed in Fire red.
Look at the picture i can' t seem to change the palette no matter what i do, you can help by either getting me an original image of the version logo with the original palette built in, or by telling me the real offset of the palette.(it says eab6c4 in a post, but that's not changing the palette no matter what i do.) Please help in any way you can, thanks.
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5954/pokemonsilverwing013xh.png

amnesiahacker
July 9th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Did you try finding the location of the pallete in a clean fire red rom then replacing the pointer in your hacked version?

Alistair
July 9th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Okay, I have searched everywhere for Red/Blue hacking tools and the only one I found was PokéMap. Can anyone give me the tools?

XD375
July 9th, 2006, 09:58 AM
What's the newest version of PokéMap? Is it 1.2?

Okay, I know it's 1.5. Does anyone know where I can get it?

Ryudonizard
July 9th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Hey people I'm using gold map for my hack of gold version, Pokemon Retribution. But i am having problems, I dont know how to change town names or if you can change town names and how to start new maps and delete old ones. Also how to know what to do with warps to places and how to put your own sprites for the main character on also can someone send me a back sprite of the ash off of Gold Version. And also how to put night and day in. Please post or pm me.

XD375
July 9th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Hey people I'm using gold map for my hack of gold version, Pokemon Retribution. But i am having problems, I dont know how to change town names or if you can change town names and how to start new maps and delete old ones. Also how to know what to do with warps to places and how to put your own sprites for the main character on also can someone send me a back sprite of the ash off of Gold Version. And also how to put night and day in. Please post or pm me.

You can't do any of these things, except the sprite of Red. Yes, Red. Ash is the cartoon character. Red is the game character. I suggest Pokémon Gold Sprite Editor or Tile Layer Pro, which can both be found on Zophar's Domain. I usually do the same thing, with the Red sprites. You'll need Tile Layer Pro if you want the bike sprite, but it's harder to use for beginners.

Ryudonizard
July 9th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Thnkz it helped a lil but what about all the other positions of ash like 1st foot forward and second foot forward, and sideways?

XD375
July 9th, 2006, 04:34 PM
The arrows under the sprite if your using PGSE, and they're with the others in TLP.

RKO1125
July 9th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I have a question. Can anybody give me a suggestion as to what patch I should get? The only thing I want is a patch with Lucario, Munchlax, etc. I have Pokemon Orange in the English version, but not all of it is translated and the parts that are translated are translated poorly. I read that Orange has these Pokemon, but I can hardly understand it....plus the addition of fake Pokemon is pretty lame. Is there a patch where the only addition is those new Pokemon? Or a patch that even has these would be nice. (and in English of course). thanks in advance everyone.

tharding6
July 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
yeah i was hoping a more advanced hacker could help me out here... i can catch all the pokemon from the other versions in my new hack. but they cant evolve because there not on the pokedex, so i need a national dex... anything you can do to help would be appreciated.. thnx

SilentNinja
July 10th, 2006, 09:21 AM
What is the best way to find Pokemon Emerald offsets for pokeroms.ini? Pokemon Emerald is missing quite a few offsets, and I can't seem to find them out there, so I'm thinking about looking for them myself. What is the best way to go about this?

Liquinn
July 10th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Hey Guys.

It's me who is making the TEAM ROCKET G/S/C hack... I was wondering how I can do the following things: I want a reply with as much detail as possible.
1.) On some roms, I have seen extra added maps. For example. Mt. Moon has 3 maps, I found a rom with 6 maps of MT.Moon...

How can I add more maps to the place? (I.e Saffron City)?

2.) How can I edit trainers Pokemon?

3.) How can I make the main rival in G/S/C to appear and battle me in the lab? Instead od in the next city?

Thanks,

Liquinn.

Green Charizard
July 10th, 2006, 11:04 AM
yeah i was hoping a more advanced hacker could help me out here... i can catch all the pokemon from the other versions in my new hack. but they cant evolve because there not on the pokedex, so i need a national dex... anything you can do to help would be appreciated.. thnx
Alot of people seem to be looking for that, although your best bet is to do as Serg!o did in his hack, add a message saying to add the code in the Visual Boy Advance cheats menu. I don't thing the flag or whatever the code is has yet been found.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I have a question. Can anybody give me a suggestion as to what patch I should get? The only thing I want is a patch with Lucario, Munchlax, etc. I have Pokemon Orange in the English version, but not all of it is translated and the parts that are translated are translated poorly. I read that Orange has these Pokemon, but I can hardly understand it....plus the addition of fake Pokemon is pretty lame. Is there a patch where the only addition is those new Pokemon? Or a patch that even has these would be nice. (and in English of course). thanks in advance everyone.
I don't think there is any, Mewthree Inc. was planning to do a Lucario patch, but of course that no longer exists.

Hope I helped

w_rink_ly
July 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM
ok why is it that when i try to use an item like potion or superpotion that i get from a script which i have made and inserted into the rom myself, does the game freeze? Here is the script (i don't/didn't think there is/was anything wrong with it):

#org 0x708700
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x00D
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 0x1
callstd 0x1
end

doom18769
July 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Anyone know the offsets to put in the ini folder for PA if you want to use emerald US? I saw them on here somewhere once, but I can't seem to find them now, I have been using search for the last hour and I still can't find it, so I'm asking now. Just so we're all clear PA=Pokemon Amplifier

Pazuzu
July 11th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Time to pick up some unanswered questions.
A multi quote plugin would be really helpful here. XD

I was wondering if it is possible, or if there is already a tool available, that would allow you to renumber the Pokedex in the

Advance games. I'm currently working on a Sapphire Hack, and was just curious whether this is possible or not...
Nope, there are no tools to re-arrange the Pokédex yet.
However, you can easily re-arrange them with a Hex-Editor, by searching for the list of Pokémon Values like they appear in the Pokédex. Then you

can easily arrange the numbers around to your liking.

I am making a trainer, but whenever i change the script to a trainer and compile it, it says it compiled correctly, but when

i look at the code its just:

nop
#raw 0x5B
end

No matter what i do it comes to that. and if I do try and battle it, my screen goes, not black or white, but RED!? Can someone please help me

with this.
ScriptED has problems with the trainerbattle commands, there's nothing you can do about it, but inserting the trainerbattle command by either

#raw commands, or by inserting it with a Hex-Editor.

I need one helps very great. the problem is that meti script in the emerald of give pokemon everything comes out well but in

the emerald I realized that stops to activate the MENU_PARTY in the emerald not sirbe setflag 0x800 as is? I need that aid as rapidly as

possible
The Party flag for Emerald is not &H800, but &H860, so your command has to look like this:
setflag 0x860

I attempted to read through all of this but 43 pages is to much so I'd like to know:

How do you change gym leaders Pokemon in advance map. If you can't use that or if there is a simpler way, what is it, and how do I do it.
Quite simple, you can't.
You have to use a trainer editor, like PET or TrainerBattleCustomizer XP.
You can find links to those programs in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

Now, I managed to find a pointer-calculation program for TCG, however I cannot turn offsets into pointers because I don't even

know what a pointer is.

Are there anyone who can explain it more clearly?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointer

A pointer simply is a string of bytes, that points to a specific offset in a ROM.
Pointers can use a different algorythm in each game.
For example, the Pokémon Advance games use the "swap algorythm", which simple swaps the first and last bytes of an offset, and adds a 08 at the

end.

123456 <-> 56341208

Euhm...

sorry, i'm kind of a n00b can you please make it more euhm.. easy :P
There is a modified German version of Xeon's Overworld Sprite Editor going around, that includes an Import/Export feature.
The export Sprites with it, open your ROM, load the Sprite of your choice, and click the "Datei->Bitmap exportieren" button.

You can download it here (http://magicstone.de/philb/gchg/test.php?action=starttrans&ID=4).

The search isn't working, so if this has already been answered somewhere, I'm sorry.

(Silver Version)Whats the easiest way to edit the Gym Leaders/E4?
The easiest way would be to use Trainer Battle Customizer, developed by Glurak.
Your can find a link to it in the Hacking Tools Reference.
However, the more efficient way would be to edit them by Hex-Editor.

Hey guys, it's good to be back here. My question was whether anyone else has the same error with the trainer editing program PET

as I do. Upon changing the Gym Leader's Pokemon's attacks in Pokemon Sapphire, the in-game version of their Pokemon have some very strange

attacks, not the ones I set. If anyone knows what is up with it, I would appreciate an assist.
BTW: I have searched the forums pretty well for this topic and my results were inconclusive at best. I was unable to obtain a sufficient amount

of information to help me.

Thanks!!!
It's been known for quite some time now that PET has problems editing attacks of Pokémon.
The safer and more efficient way to edit them would be by Hex-Editor.
A how-to has been posted in this thread.

hi, i`m new to this board, i do have some expiriance in hacking pokemon games (not much, mostly advance map etc) and i was

wondering if there are any Hacking tools for Megaman battle network?

thanks in advance
There are currently no Tools for Megaman Battle Network, other than a Hex-Editor, TLP/TM, or unLZ-GBA.

FR help:
how to change the header that appear when you walk into the map? when i use advanced map to change the header of pallet town, it changes viridian

city's. when i change viridian city's, it changes cerulean city's... also
how to change the shape of the badge? and how to change the effects of the badge? eg. when you take the 4th badge, all pokemon will obey you (as

in the last badge) something like this.
blue version help:
Headers: Exactly by the method you used above.
Try editing it in a different, clean, ROM and see if that error still occurs.
If so, describe your problem better.

Badge editing: Tile Layer Pro + unLZ-GBA.

Badge effects: By editing the scripts of the gym leaders and change the part when you receive the badge.
The said effects are activated by setting variables.

Blue Map editor: PokéMAP. It can be found on a site mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference.

anyone knows how to change rules of battle in firered? like each trainer can only use 2 pokemon in a gym battle?
That is currently not possible.

first problem was a RTE 6 error i had, which stopped me from compiling. But i fixed that by adding a extra 0x0 between the Trainer ID bytes and

the Battle intro pointer.
The problem now is that when i compile my script (which looks fine to me) and then assign the script to a trainer on elitemap, i approach the

trainer, who spots me and walks towards me, but then all he does is come up with a load of never ending text which looks like:

AIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAIAI, with ^'s over the top of the text.

Your script is fine. However, ScriptED has some problems with the trainerbattle command.
The best and easiest way to get around it, is to insert it with either aHex-Editor, or using the #raw commands.

How do you... (Fire Red!)

-Remove girl gender choice
-Remove hero and rival name choice (the names are set)
Both can be done by ASM hacking.
However, it is really hard to do that, also nothing about the intro routine is currently known.

I need to learn how to re-point a text which is extremely important for me.
All I need to know is that very basic and simple thing. I also have a pointer-calculation program for this.

I'm very desperate at this moment and need an immediate answer. Any attemp to help will be appreciated.
Well, we need to know the game you want to repoint texts in.

For the GBA games, a tutorial has been posted in the Documents forum.

Anyone have any tools or a place where I can get savegames for the "yellow" game? Thanks!
http://www.gamefaqs.com

iight i do apologize but someone please help before this thread is closed but i really need a ruby english tbl file and ive

searched the forums, went to the sticky about this ( i downloaded 3 files out of the message board and all of them said 0 kb and came up with

error when i tried extracting it ) and pokedrome keeps bringing up as cannot find server and thats the only place i know that has the tbl files.

Does anyone know another place to get them without these problems ^^^^^^. Plz help before you close the thread man i really need this file

http://www.romhackersworld.de.vu

Xeon's Overworld Sprite Editor offers support for Emerald, aswell as some neat other functions.
You should use that if you don't have the Spred offsets for Emerald.

Hello, I have a questoin regarding scripting... You know when you want to end an event you put:

#raw 53
#raw (index of event in hex)
#raw 00

into script editor (or at least that's what i do), well I think it only works with people events and not script events or signpost events and

stuff. Anyone know what to put into script editor to end events other than people?
setvar 0x[event id] 0x[value]

Event ID - Shown in the "Check label" of a trigger event in Elitemap.
Value - 2 = active ; 3 = inactive

This has been happening to me too! Did someone PM you an anwser? If so please tell me or if someone else can help.

I think I saw a list in the Documents/Tutorials. If not sorry.

If anyone can still anwser this it'd be appreciated. This actually ties in with the first quote in this.
See my answers to the several other questions mentioning these problems.

Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with a script. The part of the game in Ruby when you talk to Steven just outside of Fortree

Town and you fight the Keckleon, I need to change the script so that you fight a Bayleaf but i dont know how. I've been sucessful in changing

its cry but that's it. Here is the script:
The script is hardcoded, you can not change the Pokémon in battle.

Excuse me everybody,

Can I get some help with scripts? I believe it could be hard but I'm willing to learn. ;)

All I want to know is how can you change people's movements? I.E. Professor Oak rescueing you from the grass? If too long to explain is there a

tutorial. I've been searching for this for quite a while.

Sorry to bug you ;)
By editing the script.
If you load the Script triggers Script with ScriptED, you will see an "applymovement" command, followed by an offset.
At that offset, the movement bytes are stored. These are used to determine where a event walks on the screen.
Now, you can edit those bytes either with ScriptED, or by going to that offset in a Hex-Editor and changing the values.

']I'd just like to ask a few questions concerning Pokemon Ruby ...

OK I know that this question (or a similar one) has been answered before, but I'm finding it difficult to find the answer, so can

someone please either repost the answer or give me directions to it. Thanks.

2. On some of the routes in Advance Map I get an error message saying:
Invalid Map-Footer Pointer... Can someone please tell what's going on. I have added a new map and repointed more than enough

times, so maybe that has something to do with it.

3. When I go to Wild Pokemon View in Advance Map, it says "Sorry, no wild pokemon were found on this map", and it gives me the option to

create new pokemon. And I know that this is inccorrect cause the maps are routes.

NOTE: If possible, can the answers relate to Advance Map? If you wanna explain it in script though, go ahead, but can you put it in layman's

terms. Thanks.
1. Was already answered, so I'll skip it.

2. Something most likely went wrong while you inserted your new map. YOu should start from your backup copy.

3. There is the possibility that even routes do not have Wild Pokémon.
Another reason could be that either your ROM is corrupt, or that the offsets in your INI file were changed.

Hello! I'm french Héhé..!

My problem is when I use Advance Map, I modify the wild Pokémon. And when I used the old rod, I just want Pokémon at level 5 to 10 but the

Pokémon who want to battle have level 20 to 25.

How I ajust the level of Pokémon depending the Rod?
Thx!
There is no way of adjusting Pokémon and levels depending on the rod.
The theoretical reason for that is, that the game automatically picks them.

Hello all!
I don't know if this has been answered before, I've searched and not found anything on it.
I need to know how to do Headbutt in the overworld in FR/LG. Like in GSC?
Use Headbutt from the Pokemon menu, a Pokemon falls out and you battle it.
That event was no implemented in FR/LG.
And re-creating it would be too complicated and time consuming, as you would have to add a script to each of the trees you put there.

Okay, I know it's 1.5. Does anyone know where I can get it?
See the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.
If these sites don't offser it for download, Google is your source.

Thnkz it helped a lil but what about all the other positions of ash like 1st foot forward and second foot forward, and

sideways?
Your can edit the overworld sprites by using TLP or Tile Molester.

yeah i was hoping a more advanced hacker could help me out here... i can catch all the pokemon from the other versions in my new

hack. but they cant evolve because there not on the pokedex, so i need a national dex... anything you can do to help would be appreciated..

thnx
You have to activate the Nationaldex, by adding a command to your script.
Take a look at the script where you get the Dex, and copy the needed parts. (Like the receiving of the upgrade.)
Then insert them in your Script and modify them to your needs.

What is the best way to find Pokemon Emerald offsets for pokeroms.ini? Pokemon Emerald is missing quite a few offsets, and I

can't seem to find them out there, so I'm thinking about looking for them myself. What is the best way to go about this?
Open a supported ROM in a Hex-Editor, go the the offset of the needed data, copy a few bytes, and search those bytes in your Emerald ROM.
When you find them, just write down the offset in the INI file.

Hey Guys.

It's me who is making the TEAM ROCKET G/S/C hack... I was wondering how I can do the following things: I want a reply with as much detail as

possible.
1.) On some roms, I have seen extra added maps. For example. Mt. Moon has 3 maps, I found a rom with 6 maps of MT.Moon...

How can I add more maps to the place? (I.e Saffron City)?

2.) How can I edit trainers Pokemon?

3.) How can I make the main rival in G/S/C to appear and battle me in the lab? Instead od in the next city?

Thanks,

Liquinn.
1. By adding new Warp events, warping you to those new places. As all Mt. Moon does when you enter a ladder is Warp you to a different Warp of a

Map. (Some Maps only contain those "rooms", and are sorounded by black, so they look like different Maps for each room.)

2. Trainer Battle Customizer. Available on the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference.

3. By changing the scripts of the game.

I'm sorry if this has already been said but I didn't know how to word the search. Ok here is my problem:
When I compile the file with script ed it does not save it to the gba file which in this case is fire red, instead it makes a new gba file and

puts it on that. The only problem is that the new gba it created is seperate from the old one and it only has what i put into it on it. I don't

know if I worded this correctly. But if you understand please help me.

Here is what I mean, this is the folder for the game i'm making:
Make sure that you selected the correct file when compiling, and clicked "Yes" when it asked you to overwrite the file.
Also make sure that the correct extension has been added to the path.
It most likely created the new file because of a missing extension, and therefore, didn't overwrite the original ROM file, like it should.

ok why is it that when i try to use an item like potion or superpotion that i get from a script which i have made and inserted

into the rom myself, does the game freeze? Here is the script (i don't/didn't think there is/was anything wrong with it):

#org 0x708700
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x00D
callstd 0x1
end
The value for Super Potion is 0x16, so your script has to look like this:
#org 0x708700
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x16
callstd 0x1
end
I tested it and it works fine.

w_rink_ly
July 12th, 2006, 03:04 AM
The value for Super Potion is 0x16, so your script has to look like this:
#org 0x708700
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x16
callstd 0x1
end
I tested it and it works fine.

Thank you for your answers to my other two questions (especially the event ending one). Regarding the third question, I know that 0x16 is superpotion as 0xD is potion, but my problem is that regardless of potion or super potion, i cannot use the item. When i press "A" next to the pokeball item i obtain it without a problem, but when i go to the item menu and try to heal one of my pokemon with the obtained item, the game freezes. Perhaps this has made my problem more clear now... A solution would be greatly appreciated.

Cy-Chan
July 13th, 2006, 01:42 AM
How do I repoint in Gold/Silver? I can change the location a bit... but without changing the address (which I can't do without repointing all the events on the map), I can't figure out a way to get to a place in the rom with blank space (000000...).

Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Also, in Gold/Silver again, how do you change what items you get from berry trees?

Pazuzu
July 13th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Thank you for your answers to my other two questions (especially the event ending one). Regarding the third question, I know that 0x16 is superpotion as 0xD is potion, but my problem is that regardless of potion or super potion, i cannot use the item. When i press "A" next to the pokeball item i obtain it without a problem, but when i go to the item menu and try to heal one of my pokemon with the obtained item, the game freezes. Perhaps this has made my problem more clear now... A solution would be greatly appreciated.
There is an error in your ROM then, I just tried it and it is working fine for me.
You should go back to a working backup copy and continue editing from there.

How do I repoint in Gold/Silver? I can change the location a bit... but without changing the address (which I can't do without repointing all the events on the map), I can't figure out a way to get to a place in the rom with blank space (000000...).

Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Also, in Gold/Silver again, how do you change what items you get from berry trees?
You can repoint data in G/S/C the same way as in R/S.
Download A-Point (http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28703&d=1133355537), calculate the pointer for the old offset and new offset, search the old pointer in the ROM with a Hex-Editor, and replace it with the new one.
That simple.
To get to blank space, simply search for aplace with lots of 00-bytes with your Hex-Editor, and write down the offset.

To change the items you get from Berry trees, you have to edit the Script of the specific tree, and change the current Item value to the value of the new item you want to place in it.

Dragon Leader-Shadow
July 13th, 2006, 11:03 AM
First I don't know if this is allowed but can I atleast get one quiestion answered then you can close this

In Elitemap, under the toolbelt, everything (except the ScriptEd) is the non-clickable faded grey color how do i make them work so I can use them?

Cy-Chan
July 14th, 2006, 12:43 AM
You can repoint data in G/S/C the same way as in R/S.
Download A-Point (http://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28703&d=1133355537), calculate the pointer for the old offset and new offset, search the old pointer in the ROM with a Hex-Editor, and replace it with the new one.
That simple.
To get to blank space, simply search for aplace with lots of 00-bytes with your Hex-Editor, and write down the offset.

To change the items you get from Berry trees, you have to edit the Script of the specific tree, and change the current Item value to the value of the new item you want to place in it.

Thanks, that does help... but one more thing. Is there anyway to locate scripts within the hex?

Hiroki
July 14th, 2006, 10:14 AM
G/S Hacking Questions:

1. How do I change the player sprite?
2. How do I put my custom overworld sprite in the game?
3. How do I put my in-game battle sprite in the game?
4. What tool do I use to edit the person in the opening? (The whole Pokemon opening where you enter your name etc.)
5. When I open Trianer battle cutomizer, i get an error as soon as it loads. What's wrong here?
6. When I use PokeText to edit text, it doesn't end up in the rom.

w_rink_ly
July 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM
There is an error in your ROM then, I just tried it and it is working fine for me.
You should go back to a working backup copy and continue editing from there.

I did precisely that and have found a backup version of my hack without this irritating error. Thanks for the help.

Pazuzu
July 14th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks, that does help... but one more thing. Is there anyway to locate scripts within the hex?
Yes. By going through the bytes with a scripting documentation by your side and looking for the commands and values mentioned there. Of course that is only possible if you already have the offset of a script, because else it would be pretty difficult - impossible to find them.

G/S Hacking Questions:

4. What tool do I use to edit the person in the opening? (The whole Pokemon opening where you enter your name etc.)
5. When I open Trianer battle cutomizer, i get an error as soon as it loads. What's wrong here?
1. AgiXP, Mewoth's GFX inserter, Image editing program.
2. Tile Layer Pro
3. AgiXP/Meowth's GFX inserter
4. AgiXP/Meowth's GFX inserter, Image editor, Hex-Editor
5. If you don't tell us the error you get, we can't help you.
6. PokeTEXT is not reccomended, because there are several bugs in it. You should use a Hex-Editor + Table file or Thingy32 + Table file, as they're a lot more efficient.

Jeremy
July 14th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Well sweetie, to locate scripts within hexidecimal, you need to know how they're structured.
Okie, let's start with the give item script.

Give Item:
9DXXZZ
9D - Give Item
XX - Item (a list is show below)
ZZ - Quantity(in hex)

So for a guy giving a potion it would look like this in hex
9D1201

Item List:
01 - Master Ball
02 - Ultra Ball
03 - Bright Powder
04 - Great Ball
05 - Poke Ball
06 - N/A
07 - Bicycle
08 - Moon Stone
09 - Antidote
0A - Burn heal
0B - Ice heal
0C - Awakening
0D - Paralyze heal
0E - Full Restore
0F - Max Potion
10 - Hyper Potion
11 - Super Potion
12 - Potion
13 - Escape Rope
14 - Repel
15 - Max Ether
16 - Fire Stone
17 - Thunder Stone
18 - Water Stone
19 - N/A
1A - HP Up
1B - Protein
1C - Iron
1D - Carbos
1E - Lucky Punch
1F - Calcium
20 - Rare Candy
21 - X Accuracy
22 - Leaf Stone
23 - Metal Powder
24 - Nugget
25 - PokeDoll
26 - Full Heal
27 - Revive
28 - Max Revive
29 - Guard Spec.
2A - Super Repel
2B - Max Repel
2C - Dire Hit
2D - N/A
2E - Fresh Water
2F - Soda Pop
30 - Lemonade
31 - X - Attack
32 - N/A
33 - X-Defend
34 - X-Speed
35 - X-Special
36 - Coin Case
37 - Item Finder
38 - N/A
39 - Exp. Share
3A - Old Rod
3B - Good Rod
3C - Silver Leaf
3D - Super Rod
3E - PP UP
3F - Ether
40 - Max Ether
41 - Elixer
42 - Red Scale
43 - Secret Potion
44 - S.S.Aqua Ticket
45 - Mystery Egg
46 - N/A
47 - Silver Wing
48 - MooMoo Milk
49 - Quick Claw
4A - Poison Cure Berry
4B - Gold Leaf
4C - Soft Sand
4D - Sharp Beak
4E - Paralyze Cure Berry
4F - Burnt Berry
50 - Ice Berry
51 - Poison Barb
52 - King's Rock
53 - Bitter Berry
54 - Mint Berry
55 - Red Apricorn
56 - Tiny Mushroom
57 - Big Mushroom
58 - Silver Powder
59 - Blue Apricorn
5A - N/A
5B - Amulet Coin
5C - Yellow Apricorn
5D - Green Apricorn
5E - Cleanse Tag
5F - Mystic Water
60 - Twisted Spoon
61 - White Apricorn
62 - Black Belt
63 - Black Apricorn
64 - N/A
65 - Pink Apricorn
66 - Black Glasses
67 - Slowpoke Tail
68 - Pink Bow
69 - Stick
6A - Smoke Ball
6B - Never-Melt Ice
6C - Magnet
6D - Miracle Berry
6E - Pearl
6F - Big Pearl
70 - EverStone
71 - Spell Tag
72 - Rage Candy Bar
73 - N/A
74 - N/A
75 - Miracle seed
76 - Thick Club
77 - Focus Band
78 - N/A
79 - Energy Powder
7A - Energy Root
7B - Heal Powder
7C - Revival Herb
7D - Hard Stone
7E - Lucky Egg
7F - Card Key
80 - Machine Part
81 - N/A
82 - Lost Item
83 - Star Dust
84 - Star Piece
85 - Basement key
86 - Pass
87 - N/A
88 - N/A
89 - N/A
8A - Charcoal
8B - Berry Juice
8C - Scope Lens
8D - N/A
8E - N/A
8F - Metal Coat
90 - Dragon Fang
91 - N/A
92 - LeftOvers
93 - N/A
94 - N/A
95 - N/A
96 - Mystery Berry
97 - Dragon scale
98 - Berserk Gene
99 - N/A
9A - N/A
9B - N/A
9C - Sacred Ash
9D - Heavy Ball
9E - Flower Mail
9F - Level Ball
A0 - Lure Ball
A1 - Fast Ball
A2 - N/A
A3 - Light Ball
A4 - Friend Ball
A5 - Moon Ball
A6 - Love Ball
A7 - Normal Box
A8 - Gorgeous Box
A9 - Sun Stone
AA - Polkadot Bow
AB - N/A
AC - Up - Grade
AD - Berry
AE - Gold Berry
AF - Squirt Bottle
B0 - N/A
B1 - Park Ball
B2 - Rainbow Wing
B3 - N/A
B4 - Brick Piece
B5 - Surf Mail
B6 - Lite Blue Mail
B7 - Portrait Mail
B8 - Lovely Mail
B9 - Eon Mail
BA - Morph Mail
BB - Blue Sky Mail
BC - Music Mail
BD - Mirage Mail
BE - N/A
BF - TM 1 - Dynamic Punch
C0 - TM 2 - Headbutt
C1 - TM 3 - Curse
C2 - TM 4 - Rollout
C3 - TM 4 - Rollout (not a typo. It shows up twice.)
C4 - TM 5 - Roar
C5 - TM 6 - Toxic
C6 - TM 7 - Zap Cannon
C7 - TM 8 - Rock Smash
C8 - TM 9 - Psych Up
C9 - TM 10 - Hidden Power
CA - TM 11 - Sunny Day
CB - TM 12 - Sweet Scent
CC - TM 13 - Snore
CD - TM 14 - Blizzard
CE - TM 15 - Hyper Beam
CF - TM 16 - Icy Wind
D0 - TM 17 - Protect
D1 - TM 18 - Rain Dance
D2 - TM 19 - Giga Drain
D3 - TM 20 - Endure
D4 - TM 21 - Frustration
D5 - TM 22 - Solar Beam
D6 - TM 23 - Iron Tail
D7 - TM 24 - Dragon Breath
D8 - TM 25 - Thunder
D9 - TM 26 - Earthquake
DA - TM 27 - Return
DB - TM 28 - Dig
DC - TM 28 - Dig (not a typo. It shows up twice.)
DD - TM 29 - Psychic
DE - TM 30 - Shadow Ball
DF - TM 31 - Mud - Slap
E0 - TM 32 - Double Team
E1 - TM 33 - Ice Punch
E2 - TM 34 - Swagger
E3 - TM 35 - Sleep Talk
E4 - TM 36 - Sludge Bomb
E5 - TM 37 - Sand Storm
E6 - TM 38 - Fire Blast
E7 - TM 39 - Swift
E8 - TM 40 - Defense Curl
E9 - TM 41 - Thunder Punch
EA - TM 42 - Dream Eater
EB - TM 43 - Detect
EC - TM 44 - Rest
ED - TM 45 - Attract
EE - TM 46 - Thief
EF - TM 47 - Steel Wing
F0 - TM 48 - Fire Punch
F1 - TM 49 - Fury Cutter
F2 - TM 50 - Nightmare
F3 - HM 1 - Cut
F4 - HM 2 - Fly
F5 - HM 3 - Surf
F6 - HM 4 - Strength
F7 - HM 5 - Flash
F8 - HM 6 - Whirlpool
F9 - HM 7 - Waterfall
FF - Nothing

G/S Hacking Questions:

1 and 3 and 4. Use Agixp (http://www.geocities.com/pkmn_trainer_jeremy/Agixp.zip)
2. Use any tile editor such as TLP or Tile Molestor and go to offset C0000.
5. I'm sorry, can't help you there since it doesn't work for me either. Try editing the trainers with a hexeditor.
6. Did you save? Click the save box once you edited it. Then go to file/save after that to save the changes to the ROM, sweetie.

Chimou
July 14th, 2006, 03:35 PM
ROM: Pokémon LeafGreen

I edited maps, wild Pokémon, sprites, weather, and Trainer posisitions.

Anyway, the problem has to do with one of the Bug Catchers in Viridian Forest. I put three of them into a formation similar to Nuggest Bridge.

After you battle the second Bug Catcher, the controls get messed up. You take over the third Bug Catcher. Cool? No. You can only move only so far. The Start Menu is to accessable, but that's it.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong? Can this be fixed? If it can, but you require the hack to do it, I will give it to you via PM.

Jeremy
July 14th, 2006, 07:45 PM
How do you go about editing the title screen of a ROM?

Thanks,
HRBEK.
Depends sweetie, what ROM you're talking about?

weixeng
July 14th, 2006, 10:22 PM
This is my question, i search before but no result at all.

1) After i editing trainers name and pokemon, i cant edit the attack of those pokemon...Why?

Liquid_Thunder
July 15th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I've made a script, for night&day in Ruby

#org 0x0001
checkflag 0x10A
if LASTRESULT B_TRUE
goto 0x0002
if LASTRESULT B_FALSE
goto 0x0003
end

#org 0x00003 'giorno
setweather 0x0 'light
nop
doweather
nop
pause 0x28
goto 0x00002
end

#org 0x00002 'notte
setflag 0x10A
setweather 0xB 'dark
nop
doweather
nop
clearflag
pause 0x28
goto 0x0003
end

When i try to compile it, it gives me "Overflow". If I remove LASTRESULT, the Overflow go to hell. What do i have to do?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian.

Pazuzu
July 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM
First I don't know if this is allowed but can I atleast get one quiestion answered then you can close this

In Elitemap, under the toolbelt, everything (except the ScriptEd) is the non-clickable faded grey color how do i make them work so I can use them?
The programs have to be in the same folder as your EliteMap.exe.
If they're not, the Menu entries will be disabled.
You can start all of the programs manually by double-clicking on them, if they are still disabled after you have put them in the folder.

This is my question, i search before but no result at all.

1) After i editing trainers name and pokemon, i cant edit the attack of those pokemon...Why?
Because the Pokémon you have edited probably didn't have attacks set before, so logically they won't have them set either if you edited the Pokémon.

I've made a script, for night&day in Ruby

When i try to compile it, it gives me "Overflow". If I remove LASTRESULT, the Overflow go to hell. What do i have to do?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, i'm italian.
You get that error, because the if-case is not used the way you used it.
The first block of your script has to look like this:
#org 0x0001
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x0002
if 0 jump 0x0003
end

ozzie6900
July 15th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Almost whenver I'm impoting pictures I've edited to unLZ, it changes the pictures' palettes. And I'm using the same palette and colors which are given by "saving as.." in unLZ.
Why does it happen?
(Ruby US)

Thanks in advance!

Dragon Leader-Shadow
July 15th, 2006, 02:37 PM
The program shave to be in the same folder as your EliteMap.exe.
If they're not, the Menu entries will be disabled.
You can start all of the programs manually by double-clicking on them, if they are still disabled after you have put them in the folder.

What do you mean by The program shave?

Pazuzu
July 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Almost whenver I'm impoting pictures I've edited to unLZ, it changes the pictures' palettes. And I'm using the same palette and colors which are given by "saving as.." in unLZ.
Why does it happen?
(Ruby US)

Thanks in advance!
If you are using the same palette as before, just uncheck the "Export palette" box when saving your image to the ROM.
That should fix it.

What do you mean by The program shave?
*The programs have
Simply a typo.

nothing
July 16th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Who make movement script?

If click the pokeball, two man goes left! I'am dont know the script!

HRBEK
July 16th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Whenever I go to the Pok'edex and bring up a Pok'emon's data,
for some reason when I press 'A' (Next Data Button), the game
restarts automatically. What could be causing this problem, and
is there a way to fix it?

I also wanted to ask how you use that unLZ.GBA program...?

Thanks,
HRBEK.

Pazuzu
July 16th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Who make movement script?

If click the pokeball, two man goes left! I'am dont know the script!
An example script could look like this:
#org 0x800000
lock
applymovement 0x[first person's event index] 0x800100
applymovement 0x[second person's event index] 0x800100
pause 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800100
#raw A 'Left2
#raw FE 'Exit
I haven't tested it, but it should work when you insert it.
Just replace the [1st/2nd] with the Event Index values of the 2 People Events.
For example, if your 1st People Event has the Index 3, the command would look like this:
applymovement 0x3 0x800100

Whenever I go to the Pok'edex and bring up a Pok'emon's data,
for some reason when I press 'A' (Next Data Button), the game
restarts automatically. What could be causing this problem, and
is there a way to fix it?

I also wanted to ask how you use that unLZ.GBA program...?

Thanks,
HRBEK.
Have you edited anything in the PokéDEX data?
If so, you have probably corrupted something while doing it.
The easiest way would be to go back to your backup copy of your game, and redo the changes you made.

How to use unLZ-GBA is explained in this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775) tutorial.

HRBEK
July 16th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks mate, I'll gave that tutorial a read. I wish to edit the Title Screen. Is it possible to do that with unLZ.GBA? If so, how do you locate the Title Screen image?

As for the Pok'edex data, I have not edited any of the Pok'edex's Pok'emon definitions, but I have altered some of the Pok'emon's names. For example; Spearow = Queerow.

ps. You probably don't want to know what my hack is about, lol.

Thanks,
HRBEK.

drem
July 17th, 2006, 01:18 AM
wath is type of offsets of the maps, map headers and map labels in Elitmap (Hex or Dec )
and how to change behaviors in emerald, (the behaviors don'ts work in advance map)

Pazuzu
July 17th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Thanks mate, I'll gave that tutorial a read. I wish to edit the Title Screen. Is it possible to do that with unLZ.GBA? If so, how do you locate the Title Screen image?

As for the Pok'edex data, I have not edited any of the Pok'edex's Pok'emon definitions, but I have altered some of the Pok'emon's names. For example; Spearow = Queerow.

ps. You probably don't want to know what my hack is about, lol.

Thanks,
HRBEK.
Title Screen editing tutorials can be found on the following links.
How to do it and what you need is explained pretty well in them.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60373
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257

You have probably corrupted some data while you were changing the names. As I said before, you should go back to your backup copy, as it is easier and faster than trying to locate and fix the error.

wath is type of offsets of the maps, map headers and map labels in Elitmap (Hex or Dec )
and how to change behaviors in emerald, (the behaviors don'ts work in advance map)
EliteMap uses Hexadecimal to display the offsets.

The behaviour data of Emerald can be edited just fine with AdvanceMap.
Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version from the official release thread.

w_rink_ly
July 18th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Hi I was wondering whether it is possible to edit the foorprints of pokemon which you see in the pokedex. If so, how? Also, does anyone know how to change the cry of the Azurill you see in the introduction of the game? If someone knows the offset in hex that would also be helpful.

riothemaster
July 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM
how do i edit the starters in pokemon firered europe(v1.1) rom with a hex editor and add it to the rom

tog5632
July 18th, 2006, 10:06 PM
First off, the mods (and everyone else included) don't like multiple posts. Seondly, there is a tool listed in the Tool Showcase sticky called Poketronic that comes with a FR & LG starter Pokemon editor. Good luck!

drem
July 19th, 2006, 03:07 AM
i have found à bug in dexter, i have found the offsets for my language emerald (french) and i'm sure for this, but, dexter do not work only with ruby/sapphire roms, if one can create an emerald dex tool, or modify the code source of dexter (found in elite map) : these is à screen for the differnce enter emeral and ruby/sapphire :
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2435/emerl1hl0.png
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5043/emerlff6.png

HackMew
July 19th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Uhm... I will try to use Dexter and then I answer you

Pazuzu
July 20th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Hi I was wondering whether it is possible to edit the foorprints of pokemon which you see in the pokedex. If so, how? Also, does anyone know how to change the cry of the Azurill you see in the introduction of the game? If someone knows the offset in hex that would also be helpful.
If you don't tell us the game you need the offsets for, there is like no real way we could help you.
However, you should be able to locate Azuril's Pokémon value byte in the intro routine, by searching one of the text pointers, for the texts that are said before or after the Azuril is sent out. Then just keep looking for the 2-byte value of Azuril around that offset. (Either forwards or backwards, depends on which text-pointer you followed.)

As for the footprints, they can not be found with TLP in standard GBA mode.
Nor was I able to find them in unLZ-GBA, so they have probably used a different format to save the footprints in, other than 4bpp.

how do i edit the starters in pokemon firered europe(v1.1) rom with a hex editor and add it to the rom
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61529

The offsets will differ from the ones mentioned in the tutorial, though, as you are using a 1.1 version. So you will have to adjust them.

i have found à bug in dexter, i have found the offsets for my language emerald (french) and i'm sure for this, but, dexter do not work only with ruby/sapphire roms, if one can create an emerald dex tool, or modify the code source of dexter (found in elite map) : these is à screen for the differnce enter emeral and ruby/sapphire :
Seeing that you already have found the Pokédex offsets, you can easily edit the data with a Hex-Editor, instead of having to wait for a fix being made to Dexter.

The structure for the data is as follows:
[Pokémon Type Name (11 bytes)][FF][Size (2 bytes) / reversed][Weight (2 bytes) / reversed][Pointer to description on Page 1 (4 bytes)][Pointer to description on Page 2 (4 bytes)][0000][Comparsion Size (Pokémon) (2 bytes) / reversed][Comparsion position (Pokémon) (2 bytes) / reversed][00][Comparsion Size (Player) (2 bytes) / reversed][Comparsion position (Player) (2 bytes) / reversed]

HRBEK
July 20th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Which safe programs can be used to edit the Pok'edex and Pok'emon names?

Thanks,
HRBEK.

Pazuzu
July 20th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Which safe programs can be used to edit the Pok'edex and Pok'emon names?

Thanks,
HRBEK.
There are no such things as "safe programs".
Every program can corrupt something in your ROM if it's used in a wrong way.

The reccomended method to edit texts in a ROM (including names) is a Hex-Editor + Table file.
The only thing you have to watch while doing that, is to not exceed the character limit. (11 chacaters for Pokémon names.)
When loaded the ROM you want to edit and the specific Table file, just search for the text you want to change, and change it to what you want it to be.

If you are not able to work with a Hex-Editor properly yet, you can also use N-E-A (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44509) to change the Pokémon names.
However, the Hex method is more reccomended.

slipknot
July 20th, 2006, 03:55 AM
I'm sorry if this belongs in the simple questions, but I don't think it's a simple question (unless the tools are updated), and that thread is full of errors (yesterday the whole site was full of errors, it starts to become normal, luckily, I have dispatched an e-mail to the technical staff if wondering), meaning I can't post it there and can't read it there.

How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game? I first tried with scizz' tutorial (changing picture, changing base stats, changing attacks, changng name), but the programs allowing me to change base stats and to change attacks (baseedit and pokemon amplifier) don't work on pokemon emerald (I followed to steps to make them work: no success!).

Pokédrome and the site with the latest ini for baseedit don't work as well (page cannot be found, something tells me pokémon hates me because the pokémon sites I need work rubbish (this one) or not at all and the hack programs don't work correctly :P).

So it all suddenly becomes very hard I think: How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game (Emerald)???

Thanks for helping (I already say so I don't have to post another message, only telling a pointless thanks :P I hate spam).

Har D Har
July 20th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Are there any tools to hack Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga? because I REALLY think there should be one to do my hack, Red & Blue Goomba's:Supersmash Saga.

Pazuzu
July 20th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I'm sorry if this belongs in the simple questions, but I don't think it's a simple question (unless the tools are updated), and that thread is full of errors (yesterday the whole site was full of errors, it starts to become normal, luckily, I have dispatched an e-mail to the technical staff if wondering), meaning I can't post it there and can't read it there.

How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game? I first tried with scizz' tutorial (changing picture, changing base stats, changing attacks, changng name), but the programs allowing me to change base stats and to change attacks (baseedit and pokemon amplifier) don't work on pokemon emerald (I followed to steps to make them work: no success!).

Pokédrome and the site with the latest ini for baseedit don't work as well (page cannot be found, something tells me pokémon hates me because the pokémon sites I need work rubbish (this one) or not at all and the hack programs don't work correctly :P).

So it all suddenly becomes very hard I think: How do I create all 4 deoxys in 1 game (Emerald)???

Thanks for helping (I already say so I don't have to post another message, only telling a pointless thanks :P I hate spam).
Since it is currently not known what values determine the type of Deoxys in Emerald, you will have to insert each type manually. (unLZ-GBA method)
Currently, there is one version of Pokémon Amplifier that allows you to edit the Stats of Pokémon and a lot more in Emerald.
You can download it here (http://magicstone.de/philb/gchg/downloads/ADC_1.2.0.1.zip).

Are there any tools to hack Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga? because I REALLY think there should be one to do my hack, Red & Blue Goomba's:Supersmash Saga.
To make it short: No. There are no tool to hack that game yet.
However, the default tools like TLP, and a Hex-Editor should make it possible to edit some things of it.

Hiroki
July 20th, 2006, 11:58 AM
How do I change the PokeGear Map in gold? and, how do i change Trainer Battles, Hoenn Map, and Town names in emerald?

Pazuzu
July 20th, 2006, 12:47 PM
How do I change the PokeGear Map in gold? and, how do i change Trainer Battles, Hoenn Map, and Town names in emerald?
The World Map of Pokémon Gold can be changed by using Spacy's World Map Editor (http://magicstone.de/rhw/files/pokemonrh/ke201.cab).

The rest of your questions have already been asked and answered before, so I won't go into detail again.

Trainer Battles: PET, TrainerBattleCustomizer XP, Advance-Battle, Hex-Editor
Hoenn Map: Cyclone + unLZ-GBA + Hex-Editor
Town names: Advance-Map, Advance-Text, Hex-Editor + Table file.

slipknot
July 21st, 2006, 01:46 AM
Since it is currently not known what values determine the type of Deoxys in Emerald, you will have to insert each type manually. (unLZ-GBA method)
Currently, there is one version of Pokémon Amplifier that allows you to edit the Stats of Pokémon and a lot more in Emerald.
You can download it at.

To make it short: No. There are no tool to hack that game yet.
However, the default tools like TLP, and a Hex-Editor should make it possible to edit some things of it.
I wanted to post this yesterday, but I had errors again. Is it just me and does internet not wants me on this site (I don't have problems on other sites), or is it something else?

Anyway, since I don't understand a bit about hex, and I really want to give the deoxys versions their correct attacks and ablity as well (I don't mind if I must give it more moves, I just let him learn some random moves on lvl 100 then), I have some more questions:

How do I change the attacks and the ability of venusaur, charizard and blastoise in the correct ones from firered deoxys, leafgreen deoxys and R/S deoxys with hex? Also, what are the numbers of the sprites from R/S to leafgreen and firered (moving sprite as well, emerald sprite excluded) in unlz-gba? (last question has least priority, I can take the time and find it myself)

Pazuzu
July 21st, 2006, 02:22 AM
I wanted to post this yesterday, but I had errors again. Is it just me and does internet not wants me on this site (I don't have problems on other sites), or is it something else?

Anyway, since I don't understand a bit about hex, and I really want to give the deoxys versions their correct attacks and ablity as well (I don't mind if I must give it more moves, I just let him learn some random moves on lvl 100 then), I have some more questions:

How do I change the attacks and the ability of venusaur, charizard and blastoise in the correct ones from firered deoxys, leafgreen deoxys and R/S deoxys with hex? Also, what are the numbers of the sprites from R/S to leafgreen and firered (moving sprite as well, emerald sprite excluded) in unlz-gba? (last question has least priority, I can take the time and find it myself)
You don't understand a bit of Hex, but want the structure of the attacks and abilities so you can change them in Hex? That's kind of contradicting. =P
Anyway, the structure of the learned attacks of a Pokémon is build up as follows:
[Attack (1 byte)] [Level (1 byte)]
If a Pokémon learns more than 1 attack, the above structure will be repeated for every attack that is learned.

The structure for the abilities of a Pokémon is build up like this:
[HP Value (1byte)][Attack Value (1 byte)][Defence Value (1 byte)][Speed Value (1 byte)][Special Attack Value (1 byte)][Special Defence Value (1 byte)][Type #1 (1 byte)][Type #2 (1 byte / same as #1 if 00)][Rarity Value (1 byte)]["Experience Gained" Value (1 byte)] [Effort Values (1 byte / 2 bits: HP, Att, Def. Spd)][Effort Values (1 byte / 2 bits: Sp.Att, Sp.Def)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Male:Female Ratio (1 byte / (255/100)*Value=Male %)[Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Level Up Value (1 byte)][Egg Type #1 (1 byte)][Egg Type #2 (1 byte / Same as #1 if 00)][Ability (1 byte)][Ability #2 (1 byte / 00 if none)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)][Unknown (1 byte)]
However, it's a lot of work changing it by Hex, since you have to go to the specific offset of a Pokémon, and go through the structure byte for byte, to change it the way you want.
The easier method is to use the Pokémon Amplifier version I liked to you.

The unLZ-GBA numbers for the Deoxys sprite are the following:
Ruby: 1231
Fire Red: 1440
Leaf Green: 1442
Emerald: 741 / 1809

You can easily find them by scrolling through the Pokémon sprites.

slipknot
July 21st, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'm sorry for the double post, but when I tried and edit it I got locked out of the site for several hours, because of errors etc.

Anyway, I had another question I wanted to ask some hours ago:

The first one is:
I found out you can change attacks with pokemon amplifier and many, many more things (I thought it would be like the other versions, only changing stats). The problem is, when I go to that (in the menu, when I click on 'Amplifier 2006 Ae' which is only available after loading a rom), I can't save my changes I make! Like, I change Venusaur's stats to Deoxys' stats, but when I close and reopen (I clicked on every button possible, trying to save), the stats are reset! How do I save the changes I make?

The second:
When I go to 'Amplifier 2006 Ae', the attacks etc. (when I change) are German. I don't understand German at all, and when I translate with Babelfish I get either not a translation, or a name I don't find at all (so I probably need another version of the word). Is there anywhere a list which those translation, or can someone translate these things into German:

pressure
leer
wrap
night shade
teleport
knock off
pursuit
psychic
snatch
cosmic power
recover
psycho boost
hyper beam
taunt
superpower
zap cannon
spikes
snatch
iron defense
amnesia
recover
counter
mirror coat

Thanks

Pazuzu
July 22nd, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'm sorry for the double post, but when I tried and edit it I got locked out of the site for several hours, because of errors etc.

Anyway, I had another question I wanted to ask some hours ago:

The first one is:
I found out you can change attacks with pokemon amplifier and many, many more things (I thought it would be like the other versions, only changing stats). The problem is, when I go to that (in the menu, when I click on 'Amplifier 2006 Ae' which is only available after loading a rom), I can't save my changes I make! Like, I change Venusaur's stats to Deoxys' stats, but when I close and reopen (I clicked on every button possible, trying to save), the stats are reset! How do I save the changes I make?

The second:
When I go to 'Amplifier 2006 Ae', the attacks etc. (when I change) are German. I don't understand German at all, and when I translate with Babelfish I get either not a translation, or a name I don't find at all (so I probably need another version of the word). Is there anywhere a list which those translation, or can someone translate these things into German:

Thanks
Your two problems can be solved in the Options dialog.
Click on the "Options" icon in the Wizard's toolbar. (The Hammer and Wrench icon under the "Amplifier" logo.)
There, you uncheck the box that is labeled "Autosave", and check the box that is labeled "Dynamic lists".

Now, when you load the Amplifier, all Names will be displayed in English.
Additionally, a translation of the Attacks can be found here (http://www.pokewiki.de/Attacken-Liste).

To save the changes you made, you just have to click on the red CD in the Amplifier window, next to the Pokémon selection box.

enyce
July 23rd, 2006, 12:49 AM
I dont know if any one has it. But when I go to get in grand kais. Mansion, it goes "the game will not run on this software".

Okay, what does that mean. And what am I doing wrong?

Blazichu
July 23rd, 2006, 01:01 AM
In the VBA Do this before loading the Rom file-
Change the savestate to 128K instead of 64K and also change it to EEPROM instead of Automatic with should be under Options> Emulator.

It should work I had this trouble too.

Amoblaz
July 23rd, 2006, 01:11 AM
I dont know if this should in go here, but i think it does.

Does anyone have a ZIP or RAR file with all Pokemon game sprites from RS, or FR/LG in it?

Thanks

enyce
July 23rd, 2006, 01:19 AM
I tried that, it didnt work

I wonder if I have to start the game over something

Blazichu
July 23rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
Do it before loading the rom file though.

Pazuzu
July 23rd, 2006, 02:59 AM
I dont know if any one has it. But when I go to get in grand kais. Mansion, it goes "the game will not run on this software".

Okay, what does that mean. And what am I doing wrong?
As said before, you have to set your Emulator's Savetype to "Flash 128k" and "EEPROM".
Then delete your Savegame afterwards and start over again. (There is no way you can continue using your old Savegame, unless you saved some progress in the game using VBA's integrated Savestate feature.)

I dont know if this should in go here, but i think it does.

Does anyone have a ZIP or RAR file with all Pokemon game sprites from RS, or FR/LG in it?

Thanks
Simply load your R/S or FR/LG ROM in RS-Ball, and click the "Dump GFX" button.
This will extract all Trainer/Pokémon sprites into a directory called "pics".
Alternatively, you can also save every trainer and Pokémon image manually with unLZ-GBA.

TrainerAbu
July 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Can't find it anywhereee, and the creator's site is down :( anyone have Trainer Battle Customizer, for gold/silver? ^^

Pazuzu
July 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Can't find it anywhereee, and the creator's site is down :( anyone have Trainer Battle Customizer, for gold/silver? ^^
Reading the stickied threads in the Rom-Hacking forums will answer most of these questions.
The Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase contains a list of sites that offer a lot of Tools for download, including TBC for G/S. (ROM-Hacker's World (http://magicstone.de/rhw/index.php?action=gstools) for example.)

Smarties-chan
July 24th, 2006, 01:41 AM
I have two questions and I'd appreciate it very much if someone could answer them.

1. For some reason ScriptED comes up with a Run-time error ''53'' file not found. I have all the files installed and the folder's and the ROM's names don't contain any spaces and such, but it still won't work. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with my script either.

#org 0x71BCE0
message 0x71BCE0
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x71BCE0
= Me and my NIDORINO have\nbeen together for as\nlong as I can remember.\nWe two are inseperable.
end

2. How do you give trainers more Pokémon using a hex editor? I have edited the gymleaders in my Firered game, but they don't have enough Pokémon for my needs.

I apologise if these questions have already been answered, but I didn't find the answers using the search function.

Amoblaz
July 24th, 2006, 02:06 AM
hey sciz, if i use RSball the sprites have a diff bg color, how can i get rid of this?

Pazuzu
July 24th, 2006, 02:46 AM
I have two questions and I'd appreciate it very much if someone could answer them.

1. For some reason ScriptED comes up with a Run-time error ''53'' file not found. I have all the files installed and the folder's and the ROM's names don't contain any spaces and such, but it still won't work. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with my script either.

#org 0x71BCE0
message 0x71BCE0
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x71BCE0
= Me and my NIDORINO have\nbeen together for as\nlong as I can remember.\nWe two are inseperable.
end

2. How do you give trainers more Pokémon using a hex editor? I have edited the gymleaders in my Firered game, but they don't have enough Pokémon for my needs.

I apologise if these questions have already been answered, but I didn't find the answers using the search function.
1. The ROM file has to be in the same folder in which all the ScriptED files are in. (Usually your EliteMap folder.)
If you remove the "end" command after your text, your script is fine and should compile without problems.

2. By repointing the Pokémon Data. Copy the old Pokémon data and paste it at free space, while adding your new Pokémon at the bottom of it.
Then calculate the pointer of your new offset and replace the old one with it.

hey sciz, if i use RSball the sprites have a diff bg color, how can i get rid of this?
By editing them in an Image editing program.

slipknot
July 24th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Ah now I'm sure the post isn't posted because the site froze when I posted my question.

Because I have already asked it twice and I'm 100% sure the post isn't deleted but never appeared, here's a list, I'm not going into detail anymore in case the site freezes again:

- When trying to insert the images, I get the error 'Image is not indexed' (something like that). How do I index the images? Also, am I allowed to post pictures below 15 post count (in case I don't get it how to index, and the search function freezes, I'm sorry)? Because there's a restriction not allowing you to advert below 15 post count, but posting images isn't adverting (I hope this is considered on-topic, seeing as it's part of the question).

- Where can I find a program that edits wild pokemon cries? I can't find it in the hacking tools section, a certain site is down forever and the other sites listed don't provide it, and google only finds a question about it on this site, without a link to the actual program. I like to change the cries to the correct cries

Pazuzu
July 24th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Ah now I'm sure the post isn't posted because the site froze when I posted my question.

Because I have already asked it twice and I'm 100% sure the post isn't deleted but never appeared, here's a list, I'm not going into detail anymore in case the site freezes again:

- When trying to insert the images, I get the error 'Image is not indexed' (something like that). How do I index the images? Also, am I allowed to post pictures below 15 post count (in case I don't get it how to index, and the search function freezes, I'm sorry)? Because there's a restriction not allowing you to advert below 15 post count, but posting images isn't adverting (I hope this is considered on-topic, seeing as it's part of the question).

- Where can I find a program that edits wild pokemon cries? I can't find it in the hacking tools section, a certain site is down forever and the other sites listed don't provide it, and google only finds a question about it on this site, without a link to the actual program. I like to change the cries to the correct cries
The indexing of Images depends from program to program.
In Photoshop, going to "Picture->Mode->Indexed" should do the trick.
In addition, you can edit the indexed colors by going to "Picture->Mode->Color table".

The forum does not allow you to insert IMG-tags in your posts if you have made less than 15 posts.
However, if the image is relevant to the topic and helps answering your question, feel free to give a text link to it.

Pokémon Crys can be edited with PokeCryGUI, which comes with EliteMap.

slipknot
July 24th, 2006, 07:15 AM
I only have paint, which doesn't have anything to index images :( so can you do plz?

I hope you mean this with text links:

img86.imageshack.us/img86/4204/deoxysblazikengn0.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/4303/deoxysblazikenbackts8.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/8141/deoxyssceptileso1.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/9595/deoxyssceptilebackra8.png

img86.imageshack.us/img86/7017/deoxysswamperthf4.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/8823/deoxysswampertbackbs3.png

Like you can see, I decided to port it to fire red. I never played that game and decided it would be better, because on emerald I would probably see a little time-stop because there's no movement pic (or the movement of swampert, blaziken and sceptile)

thanks

Smarties-chan
July 24th, 2006, 07:47 AM
1. The ROM file has to be in the same folder in which all the ScriptED files are in. (Usually your EliteMap folder.)
If you remove the "end" command after your text, your script is fine and should compile without problems.
Nope. It still doesn't work. It still says gives me a ''Runtime error '53' file not found.''

2. By repointing the Pokémon Data. Copy the old Pokémon data and paste it at free space, while adding your new Pokémon at the bottom of it.
Then calculate the pointer of your new offset and replace the old one with it.
Thanks, Scizz. I'll try that out.

Pazuzu
July 24th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I only have paint, which doesn't have anything to index images :( so can you do plz?

I hope you mean this with text links:

Like you can see, I decided to port it to fire red. I never played that game and decided it would be better, because on emerald I would probably see a little time-stop because there's no movement pic (or the movement of swampert, blaziken and sceptile)

thanks
I see that you just want to port the images from one game to another.
Simply export the sprite you want in your new game with unLZ-GBA and save it as a PNG file. Then simply import your exported image in the new game.
Because unLZ-GBA indexes exported images automatically, you shouldn't get any errors about that anymore when importing them in your new game.

Nope. It still doesn't work. It still says gives me a ''Runtime error '53' file not found.''
Then there is something you didn't tell us about, or you didn't follow my last advice correctly. (All required files being in one and the same folder (including the ROM), ROM's filename being free of spaces, etc.)

slipknot
July 24th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Well, I didn't got errors indeed, but the images are 2 sprites in unlz-gba (64x128 or 128x64, dunno which) (normal Deoxys and the Deoxys I want under it), which caused trouble (normal Deoxys pic in a battle, with a little piece of the one I want under it), so I had to cut the normal Deoxys out of it to make it a nice 64x64 image. Now I get the error the images aren't indexed (probably because I modified it).

Pazuzu
July 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Well, I didn't got errors indeed, but the images are 2 sprites in unlz-gba (64x128 or 128x64, dunno which) (normal Deoxys and the Deoxys I want under it), which caused trouble (normal Deoxys pic in a battle, with a little piece of the one I want under it), so I had to cut the normal Deoxys out of it to make it a nice 64x64 image. Now I get the error the images aren't indexed (probably because I modified it).
I attached the indexed front and back sprites of Fire-Red, Leaf-Green and Emerald for you. (64x64).
Though they're saved as GIF-files, unLZ-GBA can read them. When importing, simply select "All files" from the file type list and open the image.
(If you need to crop them a bit (because of fragmented graphics after importing), you can edit them with Paint. The image will still be indexed if you don't change the palette and use the "Save" entry from the menu.
How to crop them correctly has been answered in this thread.)

myztikgohan
July 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Been trying for the past 10 minutes to get my starter Pokemon with the nature I want.

Pazuzu
July 24th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Been trying for the past 10 minutes to get my starter Pokemon with the nature I want.
You can change the Nature of an already caught Pokémon either by using a Savegame editor, or by entering a Gameshark/Codebreaker code.
A code thread is located in the Pokémon Handheld discussion forums.

Smarties-chan
July 24th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Then there is something you didn't tell us about, or you didn't follow my last advice correctly. (All required files being in one and the same folder (including the ROM), ROM's filename being free of spaces, etc.)
That's the problem. I did everything you said, but it still won't work. I'll give you a screenshot.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6453/problemgp6.png

The highlighted rom is the one I want to change. I have installed the visualbasics and whatnot several times, but that didn't seem to help at all.

slipknot
July 25th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Woah thanks, now I'm always done :)
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have 1 last question(s) about pokecry:

1. Where can I find the Deoxys cry? I can't find it in Sappy
2. What is the TableOffset, the PokeID (the number of the pokemon?) and the SampleOffset?

asretg
July 25th, 2006, 01:57 AM
That's the problem. I did everything you said, but it still won't work. I'll give you a screenshot.

The highlighted rom is the one I want to change. I have installed the visualbasics and whatnot several times, but that didn't seem to help at all.

Maybe you are missing some files you need for it, my advice is to download it again and then see...

Pazuzu
July 25th, 2006, 02:55 AM

The files needed for ScriptED are the following:

- rkc.exe
- rkc.bin
- rubikon.dat
- scripted.exe
- std.rbh
- stditems.rbh
- stdpoke.rbh

Make sure these files are in your EliteMap directory.
If they're not, you should re-download the EliteMap installer.

Do you have the same problem if you try compiling to other ROMs?

Woah thanks, now I'm always done :)
I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have 1 last question(s) about pokecry:

1. Where can I find the Deoxys cry? I can't find it in Sappy
2. What is the TableOffset, the PokeID (the number of the pokemon?) and the SampleOffset?
1. You can't edit the Pokémon crys with Sappy. You'll have to use PokeCryGUI.

2. Assuming you mean Fire-Red (US), the TableOffset is 48C914, and Deoxy's PokeID is 410.
The SampleOffset will be calculated automatically.

Nahuel
July 25th, 2006, 04:24 AM
how can I translate pokemon R/S/LG/FR from English to hebrew?
and what R the programs I need to use?

Noya
July 25th, 2006, 04:31 AM
You must use Advance-text Scizz made it

Pazuzu
July 25th, 2006, 04:33 AM
You will have to use a Hex-Editor + table file to translate the texts, as well as Tile Layer Pro to change the Latin characters to Hebrew ones.

Noya, Advance-Text only supports Latin character sets, and therefore can not be used for that purpose.

Noya
July 25th, 2006, 04:35 AM
You will have to use a Hex-Editor + table file to translate the texts, as well as Tile Layer Pro to change the Latin characters to Hebrew ones.

Noya, Advance-Text only supports Latin character sets, and therefore can not be used for that purpose.
Oh ok tnx i didnt know that

Nahuel
July 25th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I HAve AnoTER QUestion
how can I use Fonted for FIRE RED OR GREEN LEAF?
When I tried to open It say:
Supported ROM, BUT FONT graphics offset is unspcified

Pazuzu
July 25th, 2006, 05:09 AM
I HAve AnoTER QUestion
how can I use Fonted for FIRE RED OR GREEN LEAF?
When I tried to open It say:
Supported ROM, BUT FONT graphics offset is unspcified
Due to a bug in FontED, it only supports Pokémon Ruby (US).
You can not use it for editing FR/LG.

Besides that, the Font in FR/LG seems to be compressed, and can not be edited directly.
So, unless you know what compression is used for it and where it's stored, you can not edit it.

ssj
July 25th, 2006, 01:32 PM
How do I make a script so that in Fire Red when you go up to a pokemon you can hear its cry ?

Pazuzu
July 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM
How do I make a script so that in Fire Red when you go up to a pokemon you can hear its cry ?
A simple Script for a Pokémon cry could look like this:
#org 0x800000
cry 0xA1 0x[Pokémon value / 1 for Bulbasaur]
#raw 01
end
Now when you talk to the Pokémon, you will hear the cry of Bulbasaur.

ssj
July 25th, 2006, 02:22 PM
How do I get the offset ?

Pazuzu
July 25th, 2006, 02:24 PM
How do I get the offset ?
You open the ROM in your Hex-Editor, and search a place with lots of FF-bytes.
Once you found one, write down the offset and use it for the #org command in ScriptED.

ssj
July 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Im using translhextion how do I search for the FF bytes and once ive found them how do I find the offset.

Pazuzu
July 25th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Im using translhextion how do I search for the FF bytes and once ive found them how do I find the offset.
Once you loaded your ROM (File-Open), scroll through the ROM using the scrollbar on the right.
Once you reach a place that looks similar to the pic below, click on one of the "ÿ" characters on the right.
In the status bar, you will now see "Offset (decimal)=0x(hex)...". (Where (decimal) and (hex) represent the offset you just picked.)
If you want to use that offset in ScriptED, take the "0x(hex)" part of it, and use it in the #org command.

http://i7.tinypic.com/210hnoo.gif

tech
July 25th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I have tried to compile this script in ScriptEd:

#org 0x700025
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x6DAEE0
message 0x6DC000
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x6DAEE0
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
message 0x6DE000
boxset 0x4
givepokemon 0x91 0x05 0x9F
end

#org 0x6DC000
= I can't just keep giving out Pokemon you know!

#org 0x6E0000
= I found this rare Pokemon but I can't train it! Why don't you look after it for me?

When I try to compile it into my rom it opens te notepad thingy to comfirm it's done everything but when I look at the offset in a hex editor its still blank. Anybody know why this could be?

Pazuzu
July 25th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I have tried to compile this script in ScriptEd:

When I try to compile it into my rom it opens te notepad thingy to comfirm it's done everything but when I look at the offset in a hex editor its still blank. Anybody know why this could be?
I just compiled your Script to a ROM, and everything worked fine, when I take a look at the specific offset with a Hex-Editor, I see the Script.

Did you reload your ROM after you have inserted the Script?
The Hex-Editor probably still has cached the old version of the file, thus, not showing the new data at the offset.

tech
July 26th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I just compiled your Script to a ROM, and everything worked fine, when I take a look at the specific offset with a Hex-Editor, I see the Script.

Did you reload your ROM after you have inserted the Script?
The Hex-Editor probably still has cached the old version of the file, thus, not showing the new data at the offset.

It still wont work, I think I have a prolem with my ScriptEd because when I ctrl+click an object in elitemap ScriptEd opens blank, with no script.

Pazuzu
July 26th, 2006, 03:34 AM
It still wont work, I think I have a prolem with my ScriptEd because when I ctrl+click an object in elitemap ScriptEd opens blank, with no script.
Make sure that the ROM you loaded is in your EliteMap folder, and that it's filename is free of spaces.
Also make sure that you have all the files that I mentioned in the first part of this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2196126&postcount=1197) post in your EliteMap folder.
If that still doesn't work, you should try re-downloading the EliteMap installer.

ssj
July 27th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Can you tell me how I can add the Team Magma and Team Aqua overworld sprite into Pokemon Fire Red.
Also ive made this script for a pikachu cry .
#org 0x71d520
cry 0xA1 0x[1900 / 25]
#raw 01
end
But when ever I click compile i get a runtime error.

tech
July 27th, 2006, 02:33 AM
I have made a script for giving a level 5 Zapdos just to experiment and I wanted it to play that little noise you get when it says 'Hero recieved a....' so I used this script:

#org 0x6DAEE0
setflag 0x10A
message 0x6DE000
boxset 0x06
jingle
message 0x6DC0A0
boxset 0x06
release
end

(the first message is what he says before giving you the Zapdos and the second message is the 'Hero recieved a Zapdos!')
When I use the script on a person he says both of the messages but no noise is played.

Pazuzu
July 27th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Can you tell me how I can add the Team Magma and Team Aqua overworld sprite into Pokemon Fire Red.
Also ive made this script for a pikachu cry .
#org 0x71d520
cry 0xA1 0x[1900 / 25]
#raw 01
end
But when ever I click compile i get a runtime error.
To copy the Overworlds, load your an Emerald and your Fire Red ROM in Xeon's Overworld Sprite Editor, scroll to the Sprites in Emerald and the ones in Fire Red that you want to replace, and begin copying them by re-drawing them in Fire-Red from the Emarald original.

For the script, replace your "cry 0xA1 0x[1900 / 25]" with "cry 0xA1 25", and it should work.

I have made a script for giving a level 5 Zapdos just to experiment and I wanted it to play that little noise you get when it says 'Hero recieved a....' so I used this script:

(the first message is what he says before giving you the Zapdos and the second message is the 'Hero recieved a Zapdos!')
When I use the script on a person he says both of the messages but no noise is played.
#org 0x6DAEE0
setflag 0x10A
message 0x6DE000
boxset 0x06
fanfare 0x1
message 0x6DC0A0
boxset 0x06
waitfanfare
release
end

To play the "Pokemon received noise, you have to use the "fanfare" command.
Just play around with the value, until you find the one you want to use.

AnDrOmAn
July 27th, 2006, 03:43 AM
'-----------------------
#org 0x167EFD
nop
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x230
if 0x1 jump 0x167F48
msgbox 0x818329D '"Hi!\nI work at a POK..."
callstd 0x4
#raw 0xC7
return

'-----------------------
#org 0x167F48
msgbox 0x8183347 '"Please come see us i..."
callstd 0x4
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x18329D
= Hi!\nI work at a POKéMON MART.\pIt's part of a convenient chain\nselling all sorts of items.\pPlease, visit us in VIRIDIAN CITY.\pI know, I'll give you a sample.\nHere you go!
#org 0x183347
= Please come see us if you need\nPOKé BALLS for catching POKéMON.

where in this script does it give the potion because i want to change it to a pokemon egg.

Pazuzu
July 27th, 2006, 04:51 AM
where in this script does it give the potion because i want to change it to a pokemon egg.
ScriptED does not display the Script correctly, as some parts of it are missing. (Such as the Item receiving.)
The best and easiest way to change it, would be to write your own Script in which you receive an egg, and change the Event's Script offset to the new one.

Baine
July 27th, 2006, 09:57 AM
The download link for Elitemap appears to be down, and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of it they could upload or email or anything like that so people that don't have it yet (me!) could get it?

pretty please?

Pazuzu
July 27th, 2006, 10:18 AM
The download link for Elitemap appears to be down, and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of it they could upload or email or anything like that so people that don't have it yet (me!) could get it?

pretty please?
Reading the stickied threads will solve most questions and problems.
We have a nice thread, which is stickied in the Tools Showcase, the Hacking Tools Reference (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223), which contains a direct and working download link to EliteMap.
Please read the stickied threads and use the search function before asking questions, they're there for a reason.

Kaeru_ike
July 27th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Hey everybody! I'm looking for a table file for The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap! I'm trying to hack it and stuff:O I would really aprecciate it(I just know i didn't spell that rightCXD)

Pazuzu
July 27th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Hey everybody! I'm looking for a table file for The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap! I'm trying to hack it and stuff:O I would really aprecciate it(I just know i didn't spell that rightCXD)
Zelda: The Minish Cap uses the default ASCII table.
You can edit the texts with any Hex-Editor, without the need of a table file.

Wootor
July 27th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Hey all, I have another question...
Is it possible to remove the Gary/Green part of Oak's speech at the beginning of FR/LG?
I've tried deleting the text in Advance text, but I guess it's not that simple :S

Pazuzu
July 27th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hey all, I have another question...
Is it possible to remove the Gary/Green part of Oak's speech at the beginning of FR/LG?
I've tried deleting the text in Advance text, but I guess it's not that simple :S
It is not possible to remove the Rival part from the Intro without ASM hacking.
So, unless you know ASM, it is not possible.

Baine
July 27th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Reading the stickied threads will solve most questions and problems.
We have a nice thread, which is stickied in the Tools Showcase, the Hacking Tools Reference, which contains a direct and working download link to EliteMap.
Please read the stickied threads and use the search function before asking questions, they're there for a reason.

I'm sorry, I read through that thread, it's how I found out about elitemap, but I didn't see a link. I probably didn't scroll far enough or something.

EDIT: Lol, I scrolled down too far too fast.

thanks for the help.

Nahuel
July 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM
some 1 can give my the offset for the FONT at gold/silver/crystal

Pazuzu
July 28th, 2006, 02:58 AM
some 1 can give my the offset for the FONT at gold/silver/crystal
To view and edit the Fonts in G/S/C, you'll have to set your TLP to 1bpp mode. (View->Format->1bpp)
They are located at the following offsets:
-Gold/Silver: 000F82F1
-Crystal: 000F81FF

Burninating_Torchic
July 28th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I have 4 things...some of them may have already been asked, but I know some of them haven't.

1. How do you change what move a TM teaches?
2. In Patted and programs like that that can edit a Pokemons moves, there doesnt appear to be a way to make them learn more moves. For example, what if I wanted to make Cascoon learn three moves as opposed to only one, harden, like it does now. How would I do that?
3. How do you change the image of the badges?
4. How do you change what TM gym leaders give you?

Pazuzu
July 28th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I have 4 things...some of them may have already been asked, but I know some of them haven't.

1. How do you change what move a TM teaches?
2. In Patted and programs like that that can edit a Pokemons moves, there doesnt appear to be a way to make them learn more moves. For example, what if I wanted to make Cascoon learn three moves as opposed to only one, harden, like it does now. How would I do that?
3. How do you change the image of the badges?
4. How do you change what TM gym leaders give you?
1. By editing the move value of the TM in the TM table with a Hex-Editor, and changing it to the value of a you want it to teach instead.

2. If you want a Pokémon to learn more moves than it previously had, you have to repoint it's attack table, so you can add your new moves at the end.

3. This has already been asked and answered previously. The search function helps finding the answer.

4. That can be set in the Gym-Leader's script. Simply change the value of the "giveitem" command to the item you want him to give you, instead of the TM.

Burninating_Torchic
July 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
1. By editing the move value of the TM in the TM table with a Hex-Editor, and changing it to the value of a you want it to teach instead.

2. If you want a Pokémon to learn more moves than it previously had, you have to repoint it's attack table, so you can add your new moves at the end.

3. This has already been asked and answered previously. The search function helps finding the answer.

4. That can be set in the Gym-Leader's script. Simply change the value of the "giveitem" command to the item you want him to give you, instead of the TM.

1. Ok...I'm not gonna mess with that, Hex Editors completely and totally confuse me. The current TMs are sufficient I suppose.

2. How would I do that? I went into Patted, and the 'Repoint' box was grayed out, so I couldnt change the value there.

3. Ok, I shall search for that.

4. I don't see a "giveitem" command...maybe I'm doing it wrong. I went through elitemap, ctrl+clicked Roxanne in her gym and it opened up a script in Scripted. There was nothing there about a "giveitem"...is there some other script to look for?

Sorry, I'm a complete n00b to Romhacking...>_<

Pazuzu
July 28th, 2006, 04:28 PM
1. Ok...I'm not gonna mess with that, Hex Editors completely and totally confuse me. The current TMs are sufficient I suppose.

2. How would I do that? I went into Patted, and the 'Repoint' box was grayed out, so I couldnt change the value there.

3. Ok, I shall search for that.

4. I don't see a "giveitem" command...maybe I'm doing it wrong. I went through elitemap, ctrl+clicked Roxanne in her gym and it opened up a script in Scripted. There was nothing there about a "giveitem"...is there some other script to look for?

Sorry, I'm a complete n00b to Romhacking...>_<
You will have to repoint the data using a Hex-Editor.
Copy the data from the old offset to free space, change the pointer, and add your new data at the bottom.

Well, ScriptED doesn't display it as "giveitem" command.
It displays it as a "copyvarifnotzero" command.
"copyvarifnotzero 0x8000" indicates that you will receive an item which is specified after it.
For example, "copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x147" will give you the TM Roxanne usually gives to you.

Kaeru_ike
July 29th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Well... When i edit text in Minish cap, the rom gets corrupted:/ Why is that?:S
And by the way Scizz! I learned how i could make other games hackable on your tool:D But instead of showing text, it shows HEX-TEXT!
Could someone post the hex alphabeth? Like A=41 etc or you could explain how to make it show text instead of HEX:P

Pazuzu
July 29th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Well... When i edit text in Minish cap, the rom gets corrupted:/ Why is that?:S
And by the way Scizz! I learned how i could make other games hackable on your tool:D But instead of showing text, it shows HEX-TEXT!
Could someone post the hex alphabeth? Like A=41 etc or you could explain how to make it show text instead of HEX:P
Most likely you have overwritten important commands within the text, that the game needs.
When editing text, watch out for line-breaking and text-ending commands. (They're usually displayed as dots or other unusual characters in the text.)

Advance-Text only works correctly on Pokémon Advance ROMs.
Other games are not supported.

Sharanza
July 29th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Hey !
I m back
so i have a question

Can any one make a script to team up whit other peoples in Pokemon Fire red??
pleasss i really need it

Pazuzu
July 29th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Hey !
I m back
so i have a question

Can any one make a script to team up whit other peoples in Pokemon Fire red??
pleasss i really need it
Something like that is not implemented in FR/LG.
Implementing it would require several ASM hacking operations, and therefore makes it almost impossible.

Irish Witch
July 31st, 2006, 12:54 AM
Ok. I'm good at making scripts to a point but I've been finding myself having some problems trying to make a script activate as soon as you enter a map. If I can't do this then I can't redesign the opening scenes of the game! And I really want to redesign (well, actually the entire story line) so can somebody tell me how to activate scripts on map entry??

Pazuzu
July 31st, 2006, 08:32 AM
Ok. I'm good at making scripts to a point but I've been finding myself having some problems trying to make a script activate as soon as you enter a map. If I can't do this then I can't redesign the opening scenes of the game! And I really want to redesign (well, actually the entire story line) so can somebody tell me how to activate scripts on map entry??
That is possible by placing simple Trigger (Script/Trap) Events at the entrance of a Map. (Or any other position.)
Create or move an existing Trigger Event to the place where you want to use it.
When using Advance-Map, assign a unique "Flag/Var Number" value to it, set the first "Unknown" value to 03 00 and set it's "Flag/Var Value" to 00 00. (This will activate the trigger.)
Then just add the offset of the Script you want to be executed to the "Script offset" box.
If you want to disable the trigger from a Script, simply add the following command:
setvar 0x[unique Flag/Var Number] 0x3
To activate it again, add:
setvar 0x[unique Flag/Var Number] 0x0

johnny_profitt
July 31st, 2006, 03:54 PM
Hi Everyone!

Heres the rundown. My elitemap will not show any scripts, in any release of the program. Its so not fair! I've done everything possible to fix this problem, followed Scizz's advice to the T, and still no luck..

Well you can guess how frustrating this is, because how can I hack without scripting?

You can probobly guess what my favour is going to be. lol.

I need a kind soul to make me a patch for leaf green that gives me the national dex as soon as Oak gives me the regular dex.

Heres a link to the script I need inserted.
http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72239&highlight=national

So yeah, If someone could give me a patch for this I would be in your debt.
I would do this myself but theres something wrong with my pc..

Pazuzu
July 31st, 2006, 05:40 PM
Hi Everyone!

Heres the rundown. My elitemap will not show any scripts, in any release of the program. Its so not fair! I've done everything possible to fix this problem, followed Scizz's advice to the T, and still no luck..

Well you can guess how frustrating this is, because how can I hack without scripting?

You can probobly guess what my favour is going to be. lol.

I need a kind soul to make me a patch for leaf green that gives me the national dex as soon as Oak gives me the regular dex.

Heres a link to the script I need inserted.
http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72239&highlight=national

So yeah, If someone could give me a patch for this I would be in your debt.
I would do this myself but theres something wrong with my pc..
I modified Prof. Oak's script for you. Now when he gives the Pokédex to you, he will upgrade it to a National Dex after a short speech.
Nothing else has been changed.
Patch it to a clean Leaf-Green (U) 1.0 ROM.

And because it could be useful for others aswell, I'll make it available for public download.
You can get it here: 36153

simadons
July 31st, 2006, 07:57 PM
Ok, this is what I h ave so far.

#org 0xGB3D70 message 0xGB3D780
boxset 0x4end #org 0xGB3D78
= Its a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D

I want to add flags so that the event only happens once and afther the event the spirt is removed.

If your wondering, I want to creat a snoral event, the snoralx is blocking a path, you battle it and then the path is open...

Plus, How do i get the script offset to plop into Advance Map?

Blazichu
July 31st, 2006, 10:25 PM
Is there a way to change a Pokemon's Cry in G/S without using hex?

Pazuzu
August 1st, 2006, 04:59 AM
Ok, this is what I h ave so far.

#org 0xGB3D70 message 0xGB3D780
boxset 0x4end #org 0xGB3D78
= Its a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D

I want to add flags so that the event only happens once and afther the event the spirt is removed.

If your wondering, I want to creat a snoral event, the snoralx is blocking a path, you battle it and then the path is open...

Plus, How do i get the script offset to plop into Advance Map?
Your Script above is as broken as it can be. You should use this one instead:
#autobank on
#org 0x800100
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x800150
end

#org 0x800150
cry 0xA1 0x8F
#raw 01
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D 0
#raw 53
#raw 0[Event's Index number]
#raw 00
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x800200
= It's a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!
Replace [Event's Index number] with the Event-Number Advance-Map tells you for that specific Event.

To "get the Script offset to plop into Advance-Map", just copy the offset of where you inserted the Script (800100 in this case, and type it in the Event's "Script offset" box, keeping the leading $-symbol. ($800100))

Is there a way to change a Pokemon's Cry in G/S without using hex?
There is no way of changing Pokémon crys in G/S without a Hex-Editor, yet.

Supergamecube14
August 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
My question is: What is the location of the S.S. Tidal maps in Advance Map? Thanks!

Pazuzu
August 1st, 2006, 01:48 PM
My question is: What is the location of the S.S. Tidal maps in Advance Map? Thanks!
You can find the S.S. Tidal maps if you expand Map Bank 25 in the "By Header" view in Advance-Map.
The Maps 25.41, 25.42 and 25.43 (at the bottom of the list) belong to the S.S. Tidal.

Supergamecube14
August 1st, 2006, 01:57 PM
You can find the S.S. Tidal maps if you expand Map Bank 25 in the "By Header" view in Advance-Map.
The Maps 25.41, 25.42 and 25.43 (at the bottom of the list) belong to the S.S. Tidal.

Thanks, Scizz. You're a lifesaver! BTW, I hope to get this project I'm working on redone a little more so that you can see it. Anyway, thanks!

jchapman
August 1st, 2006, 02:50 PM
I'm looking into starting ROM Hacking, and I'm wondering if there is any software for Mac OS X that lets to start?

Pazuzu
August 1st, 2006, 03:02 PM
I'm looking into starting ROM Hacking, and I'm wondering if there is any software for Mac OS X that lets to start?
You won't have any luck finding tools that are associated to ROM-Hacking for Mac OS X, besides Hex-Editors, Emulators and Patch creators. (see www.zophar.net for available tools.)
The best way would be to either, switch to a Windows system while ROM-Hacking, or to install a Virtual PC program, that can emulate a Windows machine on your Mac, and makes the current tools useable for you.

Irish Witch
August 1st, 2006, 11:24 PM
That is possible by placing simple Trigger (Script/Trap) Events at the entrance of a Map. (Or any other position.)
Create or move an existing Trigger Event to the place where you want to use it.

Ok. I've tried that and no score. Can somebody testy this. The map replaces the right hand map (Mays room) so you have to play as brendan.
I'll be making a different script for brendans room.

Pazuzu
August 2nd, 2006, 05:13 AM
Ok. I've tried that and no score. Can somebody testy this. The map replaces the right hand map (Mays room) so you have to play as brendan.
I'll be making a different script for brendans room.
You placed the trigger right under a Warp. That was the problem, as the Player will automatically make one step forward when coming out from a Warp, thus, ignoring the trigger.
To fix this, simply place 3 trigger events around the Warp. (You might have to adjust the script slightly for each trigger.)
http://i1.tinypic.com/21osbqu.png

After that, make sure to set the properties for each trigger like this:
http://i2.tinypic.com/21osbpe.png

Now it should work properly.