PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Simple Questions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

jujuca
October 7th, 2006, 07:58 AM
I need some help! I have been trying to change Treecko's sprite in ruby to its DP sprite. However, everytime I "paste" the dp sprite over the normal treecko background (as indicated in scizz's basic gba hacking for beginners thread and also because I don't know how to index images in phosotshop :()
it gets some weird purple spots everywhere! Anyway, I've tried to get it in the game even like this and (I would show you the screenshot I took, but I need more 14 posts) it has an horrible quality.

Is there any way to get treecko's dp sprite with a better quality in the game? Do I have to edit palettes or something?

EDIT; if someone could help me through msn, that'd be fantastic. pm me if you can :x

randy13oh
October 7th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I searched and i searched but could not find a solution for my problem!!! :(
I'm working on a pokemon ruby hack and i am fairly new to it.I try to hack the title screen by exporting the image in unzl.gba number 78 and it looks like grudon then i edit it then import i.So i think it will work fine but then it comes up all messed up!!!can someone pls tell me how to fix this!!!

Sharanza
October 7th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I searched and i searched but could not find a solution for my problem!!! :(
I'm working on a pokemon ruby hack and i am fairly new to it.I try to hack the title screen by exporting the image in unzl.gba number 78 and it looks like grudon then i edit it then import i.So i think it will work fine but then it comes up all messed up!!!can someone pls tell me how to fix this!!!

hm...i can help you
but do you have msn?
if you have pm me

randy13oh
October 7th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Hello i was looking for a script editor and i came across
Name: SSC (Simple Script Creator)
By: Dark Future Inc.

i found the download link but it will not work.Can someone else post a different download link here?

I need it so i can insert a give pokemon script that give the pokemon mew to you when you talk to someone. So if you could post the download link here i would apreciate it.
i dont know if its just my browser or not but i dont think it is cause there are other programs i cant download and i can download other programs so i dont think it is my browser.I aslo tryed to download using firefox still the same thing.It comes up as a blank http gif page. Please help!

Cy-Chan
October 8th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Hey, how do you set the warp points? Like, I come out of a house, and it warps me to 3 steps left from it, rather than in front of the warp into the house...

Anybody that can help?

Pazuzu
October 8th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Hey, how do you set the warp points? Like, I come out of a house, and it warps me to 3 steps left from it, rather than in front of the warp into the house...

Anybody that can help?

Warp Events only work warp-to-warp.
You can control which Event you will appear at, by setting the "Warp No." value, to the number of the Warp-Event on the Map that you want to appear on.
If you want to appear somewhere else on the Map, then you will have to use a Script, which includes a "warp" command.
The "commands.html", which comes with EliteMap, will give you more detail on it.

Cy-Chan
October 8th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Sorry, I wasn't very clear...

I'm using the warp from the van at the beginning, which'll warp you to the exit of your house (because it is your house... yeah).

Except, it doesn't. It warps me 3 steps to the left. And going into your house warps you to the middle of the van...

Anyway to fix this?

Micklo
October 8th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Hey everyone!

How do you get rid of backgrounds in Visual By Advance so that it is easier to rip graphics? I am trying to rip from Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon Red

Thanks's in advance!

:t131:Micklo

Pazuzu
October 8th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Sorry, I wasn't very clear...

I'm using the warp from the van at the beginning, which'll warp you to the exit of your house (because it is your house... yeah).

Except, it doesn't. It warps me 3 steps to the left. And going into your house warps you to the middle of the van...

Anyway to fix this?

You have probably corrupted something, while editing the Map.
The easiest and fastest way to fix the error, would be to go back to your backup copy, and re-doing your changes.

But if you have enough time on your hands, you could always check the Level-Script of the Truck Map, and the Littleroot Map, and see if the Warps are automatically set by them.
Then you could check all the Warps that are affected by the error, and try changing them back to normal.

Hey everyone!

How do you get rid of backgrounds in Visual By Advance so that it is easier to rip graphics? I am trying to rip from Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon Red

Thanks's in advance!

if you go to VBAs "Tools" menu, you will find an entry called "Show", or similar.
There, you can disable or enable the Graphic layers.

Django0
October 8th, 2006, 08:03 AM
when i try to compile this script:
#org 0x800060
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800070
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800080
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800070
msgbox 0x800090
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800090
= Do you like your new POKéDEX ?

#org 0x800080
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

with scripted i get a runtime error 6 overflow

Cy-Chan
October 8th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks, it solved it... but, now another problem. Is it possible to remove the truck completely? I know how to start warped in a different area, but can you get rid of the truck sounds, rumble effect and tile changing (with a different tileset, some of the tiles change spontaneously...)?

Pazuzu
October 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM
when i try to compile this script:
#org 0x800060
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x10A
if 1 jump 0x800070
special 0x16F
setflag 0x10A
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x800080
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
release
end

#org 0x800070
msgbox 0x800090
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800090
= Do you like your new POKéDEX ?

#org 0x800080
= Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

with scripted i get a runtime error 6 overflow

Make sure that your ROM is in the same folder as ScriptED, and that it's filename is free of spaces.

Thanks, it solved it... but, now another problem. Is it possible to remove the truck completely? I know how to start warped in a different area, but can you get rid of the truck sounds, rumble effect and tile changing (with a different tileset, some of the tiles change spontaneously...)?

The truck is a bit hard to crack. No one really managed to completely remove it yet.
All that's curently possible, is changing the area you start in, and removing the sounds, by replacing a few sound pointers.
The rumbling will still be there.

Cy-Chan
October 8th, 2006, 08:13 AM
EDIT: How do movements work? Like, getting someone to move, or moving the main player? And how do you make sprites disappear?

randy13oh
October 8th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Hello everyone i would like to know what are the polemon numbers using scripts. I searched but could not find i dont mean hex like 0100 i mean scripting like 98 for cindaquill and 9B for chikarita. I need to know all but if you dont know all i would like to atleast have mewtwos. Thank You

KoBRe LaiR
October 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
hello im sorry to ask a question but i seen no other places to so here is what i want to know
how come every time i use a SMEA it says COMDLG32.OCX or one of its things is not registered right??

thank u
Well basicly it means that you do not have the COMDLG32.OCX file installed in your computer. You can download it from this link.
http://www.boletrice.com/downloads/comdlg32.ocx

Hello everyone i would like to know what are the polemon numbers using scripts. I searched but could not find i dont mean hex like 0100 i mean scripting like 98 for cindaquill and 9B for chikarita. I need to know all but if you dont know all i would like to atleast have mewtwos. Thank You
I don't know if this is what you are looking but I have attached a list with all of the Pokemon's IDs. And I think Mewtwo is 96. But just check the list to be sure. Hope it helps.

randy13oh
October 8th, 2006, 04:29 PM
thank you very much :)!!!

Django0
October 9th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Make sure that your ROM is in the same folder as ScriptED, and that it's filename is free of spaces.

i already did that but itt is still not working

Micklo
October 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Hey everyone!

Just another quick question, how do you open .sps save files in Visual Boy Advance. I downloaded one off Gamefaqs and don't know how to open it up!

Thanks in advance

charimon
October 9th, 2006, 12:06 PM
it was something with load battery file.. gameshark file i think ;) so just load the rom and then go to file -> battery or something -> gameshark file ... i think it was something like that ;)

Pazuzu
October 9th, 2006, 12:53 PM
EDIT: How do movements work? Like, getting someone to move, or moving the main player? And how do you make sprites disappear?

Movement script are called via the "applymovement" command.
In that command, the Index of the sprite that you want to move, as well as the offset which contains the movement data is determined.
You can see EliteMap's "commands.html" for more info on it.

How to hide sprites, has been posted in this thread before, and should be easy to find.

i already did that but itt is still not working

I compiled the Script, and didn't encounter any errors.
Make sure that you have all the needed files for ScriptED in your folder.
Try re-downloading the EliteMap installer if needed.

>Bent<
October 9th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I've had a desire to edit text in Pokemon Crystal for a while now, and I finally took the resolve to try. My problem is, I can't figure out how to do it.

First off, I use Translhextion. I followed the following tutorial:This will explain how to change text in Translhexion.

If you dont have Translhexion then you can get it at [silence:removed link due to the 15 posts rule]

You will also need a table file for the appropriate version that you are hacking. Can somone post some table files because I have none.

Directions:
1) Open Program
2) Go to File>>Open and then open your rom
3) Go to Script>>Open Table Thingy then open you table file
4) A Table Toolbar should appear in the top-lefthand corner. Check Thingy View Active.
5) If done correctly you should see understandable words on the right.
6) To find the text you want to change go to Search>>Find Using Table
7) Remember that all Proper names are IN ALL CAPS.
8) Once you find what you want highlight it
9) Right click the selected Text and click Dump Script..
10) When the Dialoge Box Comes up select Screen(Dialogue) instead of File, and then click OK.
11) Change the text...must be the same amount of letters or less.
12)Then click re-insert then you are done
13)Must click File>>Save to save the changes.I used the following table file for Pokemon Crystal:00=A
01=B
02=C
03=D
04=E
05=F
06=G
07=H
08=I
09=J
0A=K
0B=L
0C=M
0D=N
0E=O
0F=P
10=Q
11=R
12=S
13=T
14=U
15=V
16=W
17=X
18=Y
19=Z
1A=a
1B=b
1C=c
1D=d
1E=e
1F=f
20=g
21=h
22=i
23=j
24=k
25=l
26=m
27=n
28=o
29=p
2A=q
2B=r
2C=s
2D=t
2E=u
2F=v
30=w
31=x
32=y
33=z
34=0
35=1
36=2
37=3
38=4
39=5
3A=6
3B=7
3C=8
3D=9
3E=A^
3F=A~
40=A:
41=C,
42=E`
43=E'
44=E^
45=E:
46=I^
47=I:
48=O^
49=O:
4A=U^
4B=U:
4C=N~
4D=O'
4E=U`
4F=U'
50=a`
51=a'
52=a^
53=a:
54=c,
55=e`
56=e'
57=:-
58=u'
59=e^
5A=e:
5B=i^
5C=i:
5D=o^
5E=i'
5F=n~
60=o'
61=o:
62=u^
63=u:
64=ß
65=.
66=,
67=!
68=?
69=;
6A=:
6B=
6C=¡
6D=¿
6E=-
6F='
70=/
71=&
73=>
76=$
78=+
F1=*
>
#
Then I followed the directions in the tutorial. It worked fine, until I reached step 5. I clicked "Thingy View Active," but there was no comprehensible text to the right. I used the search method described in step 6, but couldn't find anything under MEOWTH or PROF.OAK.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I've never experimented with hex before (my only other programming experience is some very basic C).

Pazuzu
October 10th, 2006, 05:17 AM
I've had a desire to edit text in Pokemon Crystal for a while now, and I finally took the resolve to try. My problem is, I can't figure out how to do it.

First off, I use Translhextion. I followed the following tutorial:I used the following table file for Pokemon Crystal:00=A
01=B
02=C
03=D
04=E
05=F
06=G
07=H
08=I
09=J
0A=K
0B=L
0C=M
0D=N
0E=O
0F=P
10=Q
11=R
12=S
13=T
14=U
15=V
16=W
17=X
18=Y
19=Z
1A=a
1B=b
1C=c
1D=d
1E=e
1F=f
20=g
21=h
22=i
23=j
24=k
25=l
26=m
27=n
28=o
29=p
2A=q
2B=r
2C=s
2D=t
2E=u
2F=v
30=w
31=x
32=y
33=z
34=0
35=1
36=2
37=3
38=4
39=5
3A=6
3B=7
3C=8
3D=9
3E=A^
3F=A~
40=A:
41=C,
42=E`
43=E'
44=E^
45=E:
46=I^
47=I:
48=O^
49=O:
4A=U^
4B=U:
4C=N~
4D=O'
4E=U`
4F=U'
50=a`
51=a'
52=a^
53=a:
54=c,
55=e`
56=e'
57=:-
58=u'
59=e^
5A=e:
5B=i^
5C=i:
5D=o^
5E=i'
5F=n~
60=o'
61=o:
62=u^
63=u:
64=ß
65=.
66=,
67=!
68=?
69=;
6A=:
6B=
6C=¡
6D=¿
6E=-
6F='
70=/
71=&
73=>
76=$
78=+
F1=*
>
#
Then I followed the directions in the tutorial. It worked fine, until I reached step 5. I clicked "Thingy View Active," but there was no comprehensible text to the right. I used the search method described in step 6, but couldn't find anything under MEOWTH or PROF.OAK.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I've never experimented with hex before (my only other programming experience is some very basic C).

Everything you did looks correct to me.
Did you try scrolling down, do see if any text appears at all?
It's possible that somehow the table wasn't loaded correctly, or you made a mistake while searching.
Try to verify that the table is loaded correctly.

A different method you could use, would be to use Thingy, instead of Translhextion.
Thingy 32 (or Thingy, is you like DOS), can be obtained on www.zophar.net, or the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.
A Readme file is included.

-Sasuke-
October 10th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Ok can some1 help me out? I need to kno what are the offsets to the heroines battle sprite palette?

Pazuzu
October 10th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Ok can some1 help me out? I need to kno what are the offsets to the heroines battle sprite palette?

It would be helpful, if you would tell us what games you need the palette offsets for.

-Sasuke-
October 10th, 2006, 07:33 AM
ohh shoot i forgot sorry, for fire red.

randy13oh
October 10th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Can someone tell me how i can add items you have to use a hm move on like i need to know how to move a bush to be cut from one map to another same with a rock for rocksmash and strength to move boulders and so on and so on. Can anyone help me? Thank You

Blaziken
October 11th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I looked around to see if this was being answered before.
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4237/eroorxj6.gif
I get this on EVERY back sprite I try to upload. How do I fix it? I'm using PokePic.exe, by the way. =/

Also, a friend of mine is wondering if you can import your own background music into the game. Is this possible? If so, how?

KoBRe LaiR
October 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM
That just means that your images size is bigger. To fix it you'll just have to repoint it. You could do it easier using Unzl-GBA.

Blaziken
October 11th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Using the search, I found this (http://theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=52775). However, I looked some more, and found a list of the Pokemon in Emerald...and the files didn't work. Besides, I'm not hacking Emerald, I'm hacking Ruby. The Pokemon on this one is replacing Sharpedo. I also plan to replace Numel and Camerupt with something.

Pazuzu
October 12th, 2006, 04:36 AM
ohh shoot i forgot sorry, for fire red.

The palette offset for the girl's battle sprite in Fire-Red is E678F0 /Hex).

Can someone tell me how i can add items you have to use a hm move on like i need to know how to move a bush to be cut from one map to another same with a rock for rocksmash and strength to move boulders and so on and so on. Can anyone help me? Thank You

Just copy an existing event's properties, to your new one, that should work.
You might have to copy the script of it, too.

Using the search, I found this (http://theud.com/pokecommunity/showthread.php?t=52775). However, I looked some more, and found a list of the Pokemon in Emerald...and the files didn't work. Besides, I'm not hacking Emerald, I'm hacking Ruby. The Pokemon on this one is replacing Sharpedo. I also plan to replace Numel and Camerupt with something.

Replacing Pokémon or Trainer images works the same way in all Advance games, the version doesn't matter.
If you follow the tutorial, from the link you just provided, you should have no problems replacing them.

Blazichu
October 13th, 2006, 04:38 AM
How can I change the Sage below into a Male Swimmer in a hex editor?

http://www.freewebs.com/pkmngoldhacker/Sage%20to%20Swimmer.PNG

If there is a hex code could you give me that too?

Thanks in advance.

Pazuzu
October 13th, 2006, 05:12 AM
How can I change the Sage below into a Male Swimmer in a hex editor?

http://www.freewebs.com/pkmngoldhacker/Sage%20to%20Swimmer.PNG

If there is a hex code could you give me that too?

Thanks in advance.

That can be changed in the Trainer data, for said Trainer.
I posted the structure of said data here some time ago, using the search function will point you to the post of relevance.

Blazichu
October 13th, 2006, 05:18 AM
I couldn't find the code using that you posted before. I used the search function. What's the code before the trainer number?

Micklo
October 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Hey everyone!

Everytime I try to load up any ROM in VBA advance, it freezes and looks like the screenshot below. My emulator was working fine yesterday, so whyisn'tit now?

Thanks in advance

The Dash
October 13th, 2006, 11:06 AM
How long have you had this problem for?

Pazuzu
October 13th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Hey everyone!

Everytime I try to load up any ROM in VBA advance, it freezes and looks like the screenshot below. My emulator was working fine yesterday, so whyisn'tit now?

Thanks in advance

You should check your Save-Type settings, how to set them has been described in the FAQ thread of this forum.
It's possible that they were reseted, due to an action you might have done.

Does this only happen with one ROM, or with all of them?
If it's just one, the file might be corrupted.

Micklo
October 13th, 2006, 11:16 AM
You should check your Save-Type settings, how to set them has been described in the FAQ thread of this forum.
It's possible that they were reseted, due to an action you might have done.

Does this only happen with one ROM, or with all of them?
If it's just one, the file might be corrupted.

Unfortunately its with any ROM I use. I even tried to redownload a clean ruby. I then even redownloaded VBA (v1.8.0 beta3) but still nothing will work!

acemaster101
October 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I edited two maps of my game...but when I went to play my game, the maps were wrecked somehow. View the screenshots I took of the maps...the first one is Route 1 modified, and the second is a modified Pallet Town. Any help in fixing this problem would be great!

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1889/messedup1zv6.th.png (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=messedup1zv6.png)
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6396/messedup2bh0.th.png (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=messedup2bh0.png)

KoBRe LaiR
October 13th, 2006, 07:49 PM
I edited two maps of my game...but when I went to play my game, the maps were wrecked somehow. View the screenshots I took of the maps...the first one is Route 1 modified, and the second is a modified Pallet Town. Any help in fixing this problem would be great!

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1889/messedup1zv6.th.png (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=messedup1zv6.png)
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6396/messedup2bh0.th.png (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=messedup2bh0.png)
Hmm... I'm not really sure what's wrong here but I would have to guess that you have some how tempted with the tiles or the palletes. Did you just start it on a fresh game or were you editing an already edited game?

Ichigo Tamasura
October 14th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Ok, i'm not so sure if it's been posted before but i'm going to ask anyhoo.

When you use sappy, how do you figure out the numbers to place into
Advance Map? e.g on Sappy (Firered) Pallet Town's tune is 300,
Advance map's number is 012C

Pazuzu
October 14th, 2006, 02:35 AM
Unfortunately its with any ROM I use. I even tried to redownload a clean ruby. I then even redownloaded VBA (v1.8.0 beta3) but still nothing will work!

Try extracting VBA into a clean (new) folder, or delete/rename your VBA.ini file to something different like "vba2.ini".
It's possible that some settings were unintentionally changed, that stop the games from playing.

If that fails as well, you should consider going back to one of your system restore point, from when it still worked.

Looks like the border-block data has been messed up.
The easiest and fastest way to fix it, would be to go back to your backup copy, and re-do the changed you made.
Else, you could try and repoint the Map again, as it might be inserted at a wrong offset.
Also check the Map connections, and if necessary, repoint them again.

Ok, i'm not so sure if it's been posted before but i'm going to ask anyhoo.

When you use sappy, how do you figure out the numbers to place into
Advance Map? e.g on Sappy (Firered) Pallet Town's tune is 300,
Advance map's number is 012C

300 is decimal, and stands for 12C in Hex.
All you have to do is to convert Sappy's song numbers to Hex, and use them in Advance-Map.

Ichigo Tamasura
October 14th, 2006, 04:25 AM
300 is decimal, and stands for 12C in Hex.
All you have to do is to convert Sappy's song numbers to Hex, and use them in Advance-Map.

Ok, thanks.
Is it the same for the battles with PET?

Koopa Pride
October 14th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Hi,I am a big fat son of a Slaking newb face!Anyways,everytime I use a program other then Advance Map I get a run time error,and when I use a Advance Text,I always get a error that its missing "settings.ini" which it has settings.ini RIGHT NEXT TO IT!Then I get another "run time"error

Please help me fix all these anoying problems.=)
1 newb can turn into the richest man in the world,look at bill gates!He started somthing in the garage and now...he has a sky scraper!I wont succeed unless I try =)

Micklo
October 14th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Try extracting VBA into a clean (new) folder, or delete/rename your VBA.ini file to something different like "vba2.ini".
It's possible that some settings were unintentionally changed, that stop the games from playing.

If that fails as well, you should consider going back to one of your system restore point, from when it still worked.

Thank you so much Scizz for all your help! It now works fine!

Pazuzu
October 14th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Hi,I am a big fat son of a Slaking newb face!Anyways,everytime I use a program other then Advance Map I get a run time error,and when I use a Advance Text,I always get a error that its missing "settings.ini" which it has settings.ini RIGHT NEXT TO IT!Then I get another "run time"error

Please help me fix all these anoying problems.=)
1 newb can turn into the richest man in the world,look at bill gates!He started somthing in the garage and now...he has a sky scraper!I wont succeed unless I try =)

Advance-Text requires the ini-files to be in a folder called "ini".
Create the folder, and place the "settings.ini" file in it.

What error do you get, if you want to start Advance-Map?
Please tell us the exact error number/name and description.

The Dash
October 14th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Can anyone give me a Pokémon Ruby patch with the Trees and Grass,etc's pallete's edited to look like snow? Credit will be given when I make a thread for my hack.

O.G. Duke
October 14th, 2006, 04:01 PM
I search this question before i posting but no any result:
I replace mewtwo with another new pokemon, then i use advance starter change the new pokemon become one starter. I play the game and when i choose it, the sprite become the image below:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/99/problem1dk3.png

Then i battle with another pokemon, it become the sprite like image below:
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4945/problem2ra7.png

Pazuzu
October 14th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I search this question before i posting but no any result:
I replace mewtwo with another new pokemon, then i use advance starter change the new pokemon become one starter. I play the game and when i choose it, the sprite become the image below:
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/99/problem1dk3.png

Then i battle with another pokemon, it become the sprite like image below:
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4945/problem2ra7.png

Have have indexed your image wrong.
The white box around the Pokémon appears, because the first color in the image's palette does not match the background color of the image.

The game will always use the first color of the palette, and display it transparent.

Re-indexing the image will fix your problem.

O.G. Duke
October 14th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Did you mean the new pokemon background colour not match to the mewtwo background colour before i replacing? I not so understand...sorry....If you can, please explain to me again....

Sorry for my broken english...

The Dash
October 15th, 2006, 03:33 AM
What he means is. You will need to go into a program like Photoshop and edit the image's pallete so that White is the first colour.

O.G. Duke
October 15th, 2006, 04:54 AM
What he means is. You will need to go into a program like Photoshop and edit the image's pallete so that White is the first colour.

Thanks alot, but after i insert it, the colour had a bit messed up...But nvm thx a lot...

Hi, how do I change the pokemons names and attacks?

Use Name Editor Advance or Advance text to edit names. Then about attack, I dont know it sorry...

shirokiryuu
October 15th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I already tried using the search feature, but due to my newbie-ness nothing relevent came up.

Anyways, is there is way to edit the player's sprite using Advance Map?

DarkVirusMan
October 15th, 2006, 11:03 PM
hi does anyone know how to edit what it says in the pokedex? ive been trying to figure it out for a while now but without results.

Hacker42r/sT
October 16th, 2006, 02:42 AM
hi does anyone know how to edit what it says in the pokedex? ive been trying to figure it out for a while now but without results.

I believe the program dexter does that. it comes with elitemap

check the tools section for the tools and website reference listings to find this.

Pazuzu
October 16th, 2006, 03:54 AM
I already tried using the search feature, but due to my newbie-ness nothing relevent came up.

Anyways, is there is way to edit the player's sprite using Advance Map?

There is no way to edit any sprites with Advance-Map.
For that, you can use the Overworld Sprite Editor, which is obtainable from the Tools Showcase.

There are currently two methods you can use:
- Use a Hex-Editor and Table file
- Use Advance-Text

Both are obtainable from a site, listed in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

Django0
October 16th, 2006, 06:28 AM
im trying to make a trainer but if i talk to that trainer nothing is happening this is the script that i used:

#org 0x169F7A
trainerbattle 0x0 0x128 0x0 0x818F7F3 0x818F824
msgbox 0x818F840 '"O and did i te..."
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x18F7F3
= Hi its me again lets battle i wanne know wo's better

#org 0x18F824
= Ok you win i lost but the next time i will win

#org 0x18F840
= O and did i tell you that i got the 8 kanto badges

can someone tell me what i did wrong

Kabismeboy
October 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I've been trying to script lately, and I'm trying to do a completely overhaul of all non-ASM elements of the game starting from the beginning (I've already finished the title screen and Birch Intro)

I understand scripting except for 2 parts right now.

1) How do you know which setflag variables do what? I've seen them in a ton of scripts I've been looking through and I don't know what they trigger.

2) I can't find the exact location for the starting script where you get off of the truck and MOM starts talking to you. I've found the general location based on the pointer to the text and I thought it started at 0x1436D1, but when I open the location in ScriptED, it doesn't read it correctly, and when I recompile it, it changes all the 0xAE's into 0xB6's and the 0x51's into 0x28's in the hex editor. So I just assume that I'm not opening the script at the right location (I can't find the pointer to the script from that location in the ROM anyways), or mabye its something more than that?

Heres what ScriptED reads (it doesn't look right due to those weird call functions and #raw commands)

'-----------------------
#org 0x14D631
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x814D6C0
pause 0x0
#raw 0xAC
call 0xAE800580
#raw 0x55
call 0x44F00
#raw 0xAC
#raw 0xD6
copyscriptbanks 0x8 0x51
nop
nop
#raw 0xAD
call 0xAE800580
pause 0xA
applymovement 0x4 0x814D6AE
pause 0x0
msgbox 0x816A7C9 '"MOM: \v\h01, we're h..."
callstd 0x4
#raw 0x68
applymovement 0x4 0x814D6B1
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x814D6B8
pause 0x0
#raw 0xAC
call 0xAE800580
applymovement 0x4 0x814D6B5
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x814D6BD
pause 0x0
setflag 0x2F0
setvar 0x4092 0x3
#raw 0x59
#raw 0xFF
nop
nop
nop
#raw 0xAD
call 0xAE800580
clearflag 0x364
clearflag 0x4000
return

'-----------------------

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16A7C9
= MOM: \v\h01, we're here, honey!\pIt must be tiring riding with our things\nin the moving truck.\pWell, this is LITTLEROOT TOWN.\pHow do you like it?\nThis is our new home!\pIt has a quaint feel, but it seems to be\nan easy place to live, don't you think?\pAnd, you get your own room, \v\h01!\nLet's go inside.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#raw 45 'JumpRight
#raw 14 'Delay4
#raw 14 'Delay4
#raw 14 'Delay4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 8 'Down2
#raw 27 'StLeft4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 14 'Delay4
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 14 'Delay4
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw B 'Right2
#raw 26 'StUp4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 9 'Up2
#raw 54 'Hide
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 9 'Up2
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw FE 'Exit

I apologize if this had already been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything directly relevant using the search function here... all I found was an inconclusive thread on Acmlm's Board using Google.

Jeremy
October 17th, 2006, 05:59 PM
im trying to make a trainer but if i talk to that trainer nothing is happening this is the script that i used:

#org 0x169F7A
trainerbattle 0x0 0x128 0x0 0x818F7F3 0x818F824
msgbox 0x818F840 '"O and did i te..."
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x18F7F3
= Hi its me again lets battle i wanne know wo's better

#org 0x18F824
= Ok you win i lost but the next time i will win

#org 0x18F840
= O and did i tell you that i got the 8 kanto badges

Everythings to seems to okie, did you repoint the script aswell sweetie?

cdr13
October 18th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Maybe you deleted my post before, but i am pretty sure this wasn't answered before, so i will try to explain better. I have searched multiple times this thread, putting "trainers", "trainerbattle" or things like that. I have seen many scripts, but in all of them the trainerbattle command uses an existing ID. I mean, they are actually adding a new sprite to act like a trainer, but they aren't adding a new ID for it, they are using existing IDs, so the battle will have the same pokemons as the old trainer with that ID.
In emerald the last ID for a trainer is 352, i actually made a large table with all trainers, their IDs, and their pokemons. Some of them have attacks too (like the gym leaders). I know the last id for a trainer used in emerald should be 352. I want for example to add new IDs (from 360 to 3FF for example) and add also the data of the pokes they have.

EDIT:
Another thing: i wrote a new thread in Hacks Showcase, with a fairly simple hack but i think it will be interesting to many people. I read the rules, but it didn't appear. The unique rule it didn't respect is the one about screenshots, but this is because there aren't actually any good screenshots to take, because i didn't edit any maps, sprites or another graphic, just all hexediting...

EDIT FOR THE EDIT:
The thread appeared, after 2 days...:D

shirokiryuu
October 18th, 2006, 09:24 PM
What programs can change pallette colors for overworld sprites besides Paint Shop Pro? And how?

(I used the search function and only found a tutorial on PSP)

Django0
October 19th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Everythings to seems to okie, did you repoint the script aswell sweetie?

now he will see me getting a [!] above his head then he walks to me and the the screen turns red

Pazuzu
October 20th, 2006, 08:30 AM

Your script is looking okay.
You might have chosen bad offsets or a wrong Trainer-ID.
Verify the Trainer-ID, and if the problem still exists, try using different offsets.

I've been trying to script lately, and I'm trying to do a completely overhaul of all non-ASM elements of the game starting from the beginning (I've already finished the title screen and Birch Intro)

I understand scripting except for 2 parts right now.

1) How do you know which setflag variables do what? I've seen them in a ton of scripts I've been looking through and I don't know what they trigger.

2) I can't find the exact location for the starting script where you get off of the truck and MOM starts talking to you. I've found the general location based on the pointer to the text and I thought it started at 0x1436D1, but when I open the location in ScriptED, it doesn't read it correctly, and when I recompile it, it changes all the 0xAE's into 0xB6's and the 0x51's into 0x28's in the hex editor. So I just assume that I'm not opening the script at the right location (I can't find the pointer to the script from that location in the ROM anyways), or mabye its something more than that?

Heres what ScriptED reads (it doesn't look right due to those weird call functions and #raw commands)

I apologize if this had already been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything directly relevant using the search function here... all I found was an inconclusive thread on Acmlm's Board using Google.

1) No one has made a list for them yet. If you're interested in finding out what they trigger, you can always create a test script activatinng them, and see what happens, of have a look at existing scripts, and try to figure out what they trigger in said script.

2) The exact offset of the "Out-of-Truck" part from the Littleroot Level script has not been found yet, as it seems to differ from regular "Map-enter" or "Warp-enter" events.

ScriptED has many problems with reading scripts.
If you're really after a specific script, you should go the Hex way.

Maybe you deleted my post before, but i am pretty sure this wasn't answered before, so i will try to explain better. I have searched multiple times this thread, putting "trainers", "trainerbattle" or things like that. I have seen many scripts, but in all of them the trainerbattle command uses an existing ID. I mean, they are actually adding a new sprite to act like a trainer, but they aren't adding a new ID for it, they are using existing IDs, so the battle will have the same pokemons as the old trainer with that ID.
In emerald the last ID for a trainer is 352, i actually made a large table with all trainers, their IDs, and their pokemons. Some of them have attacks too (like the gym leaders). I know the last id for a trainer used in emerald should be 352. I want for example to add new IDs (from 360 to 3FF for example) and add also the data of the pokes they have.

EDIT:
Another thing: i wrote a new thread in Hacks Showcase, with a fairly simple hack but i think it will be interesting to many people. I read the rules, but it didn't appear. The unique rule it didn't respect is the one about screenshots, but this is because there aren't actually any good screenshots to take, because i didn't edit any maps, sprites or another graphic, just all hexediting...

EDIT FOR THE EDIT:
The thread appeared, after 2 days...:D

What programs can change pallette colors for overworld sprites besides Paint Shop Pro? And how?

(I used the search function and only found a tutorial on PSP)

You could try repointing the whole Trainer-tables, so that you have enough room at the end to add your new Trainer.
Once you've done that, you should be able to call your new Trainer be the next ID.

_-Davie-_
October 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I know many people get irritated by the same continuous question on sprites however i have done many successful sprites and put them in my hack pokemon and trainer. One of the random features of my hack is that the main boy trainer is Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 and the main girl trainer is Tifa from Final Fantasy 7. Cloud worked out great and i thought tifa was also but it went wrong. I kept her the right size and followed the right pallette (as you will see in attatchments) but a black-ish blue-ish colour i had for quite a lot of her for some reason turned brown when viewed in the game. Can anyone give me answers to why this happened!?!?
Thanks In Advance,
~Davie~

ryancald
October 20th, 2006, 04:29 PM
how do you add a secret base in ruby??????

Hacker42r/sT
October 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
im looking to start a hack over almost from scratch (well with the scripts anyway)

can anyone give me the script commands to give you the main badges and could someone give me the basic move player commands? thanks.

Cursed
October 20th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Is there an alternative to using cyclone for title screens?

_-Davie-_
October 20th, 2006, 05:11 PM
yes there is, if you go into the tutorials you should find plenty of sections on editing title screens. I know theres something else but i cant think of it off the top of my head sorry!!
~Davie~

Cursed
October 20th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Well, i don't think you understood my question. I was asking if there was an alternative tool to cyclone for title screens.

BlueSonic
October 21st, 2006, 05:00 AM
No, i don't think there is, but just as he said,
there are many tutorials on how to edit the title screen.
Altenativly, you could edit it with UN-Lz GBA.

Kabismeboy
October 21st, 2006, 02:59 PM
...for some reason turned brown when viewed in the game. Can anyone give me answers to why this happened!?!?

Look into pallete editing.

can anyone give me the script commands to give you the main badges

Setflag &H807 /First Badge
Setflag &H808 /Second Badge
Setflag &H809 /Third Badge
Setflag &H80A /Fourth Badge
Setflag &H80B /Fifth Badge
Setflag &H80C /Sixth Badge
Setflag &H80D /Seventh Badge
Setflag &H80E /Eighth Badge

Those ONLY work for Ruby, mabye Sapphire. The Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green haven't been documented but you can find them by examining each of the gym leader's scripts.

and could someone give me the basic move player commands? thanks.

This is certainly not a complete list, but it's the basic movements which is what you asked for. Its the one I use when I'm scripting and it suits my needs.

00 - Look Down
01 - Look Up
02 - Look Left
03 - Look Right
04 - Slowly Walk Down
05 - Slowly Walk Up
06 - Slowly Walk Left
07 - Slowly Walk Right
08 - Walk Down
09 - Walk Up
0A - Walk Left
0B - Walk Right
0C - Jump Down
0D - Jump Up
0E - Jump Left
0F - Jump Right
10-14 - Stay Still
15 - Run Down
16 - Run Up
17 - Run Left
18 - Run Right
21 - Run in Place - Look Down
22 - Run in Place - Look Up
23 - Run in Place - Look Left
24 - Run in Place - Look Right
54 - Hide
55 - Show
56 - Trainer exclamation point
57 - Question mark
58 - Love heart

Hacker42r/sT
October 22nd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Look into pallete editing.

Setflag &H807 /First Badge
Setflag &H808 /Second Badge
Setflag &H809 /Third Badge
Setflag &H80A /Fourth Badge
Setflag &H80B /Fifth Badge
Setflag &H80C /Sixth Badge
Setflag &H80D /Seventh Badge
Setflag &H80E /Eighth Badge

Those ONLY work for Ruby, mabye Sapphire. The Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green haven't been documented but you can find them by examining each of the gym leader's scripts.

This is certainly not a complete list, but it's the basic movements which is what you asked for. Its the one I use when I'm scripting and it suits my needs.

00 - Look Down
01 - Look Up
02 - Look Left
03 - Look Right
04 - Slowly Walk Down
05 - Slowly Walk Up
06 - Slowly Walk Left
07 - Slowly Walk Right
08 - Walk Down
09 - Walk Up
0A - Walk Left
0B - Walk Right
0C - Jump Down
0D - Jump Up
0E - Jump Left
0F - Jump Right
10-14 - Stay Still
15 - Run Down
16 - Run Up
17 - Run Left
18 - Run Right
21 - Run in Place - Look Down
22 - Run in Place - Look Up
23 - Run in Place - Look Left
24 - Run in Place - Look Right
54 - Hide
55 - Show
56 - Trainer exclamation point
57 - Question mark
58 - Love heart

thankyou so much kabismeboy!!!

AquaLeaderMatt
October 24th, 2006, 01:31 AM
I'm having some problems with PET. I have dumped all of the sprites through RSBall, and I have Pokeroms.ini and I have the ROM in the same folder as PET. I can edit the E4 fine, but when I came to edit Roxanne, it screwed up. When I tried to change her Geodude to a Goldeen, a Spinda came up instead:S Not only that, when I try and change it back, it just stays as a Spinda. And when I try and scan through the Pokémon, it doesn't go in the order of the PokéDex. Can anyone help me?

Crystal ALpha-Star+
October 24th, 2006, 04:12 AM
I have a question,is it possible to copy the scripts in pokemon Gold and script them in an advance generation game.

Pazuzu
October 24th, 2006, 06:17 AM
how do you add a secret base in ruby??????

You will have to add a new map, copy the level script of a secret base, and assign it to that map.

Is there an alternative to using cyclone for title screens?

The only alternative you have, is a Hex-Editor, together with TLP and unLZ-GBA.

I'm having some problems with PET. I have dumped all of the sprites through RSBall, and I have Pokeroms.ini and I have the ROM in the same folder as PET. I can edit the E4 fine, but when I came to edit Roxanne, it screwed up. When I tried to change her Geodude to a Goldeen, a Spinda came up instead:S Not only that, when I try and change it back, it just stays as a Spinda. And when I try and scan through the Pokémon, it doesn't go in the order of the PokéDex. Can anyone help me?

Does this happen to other Trainers as well?
PET is known to have some bugs with Gym-Leaders or Elite 4 Trainers.

The Pokémon list in the game is never arranged like the PokéDEX.
The PokéDEX list is determined at some part of the game, from the list of Pokémon.

I have a question,is it possible to copy the scripts in pokemon Gold and script them in an advance generation game.

Theoretically, yes. However, you are not able to copy them byte for byte and insert them in an Advance game, as they use different commands.
What you could do, is examine the Script in Gold and try to port it over to the Advance games, by re-writing it.

Crystal ALpha-Star+
October 24th, 2006, 07:55 AM
You will have to add a new map, copy the level script of a secret base, and assign it to that map.

The only alternative you have, is a Hex-Editor, together with TLP and unLZ-GBA.

Does this happen to other Trainers as well?
PET is known to have some bugs with Gym-Leaders or Elite 4 Trainers.

The Pokémon list in the game is never arranged like the PokéDEX.
The PokéDEX list is determined at some part of the game, from the list of Pokémon.

Theoretically, yes. However, you are not able to copy them byte for byte and insert them in an Advance game, as they use different commands.
What you could do, is examine the Script in Gold and try to port it over to the Advance games, by re-writing it.

thank you,I dont see why people doing a remake wont do this,and what do you mean by different commands.

I have another question,I want to make a ADvance Gold remake,but is it possible revamp the GSC music and port(or use a vexing process) it into the rom I am hacking

Pazuzu
October 24th, 2006, 07:58 AM
thank you,I dont see why people doing a remake wont do this,and what do you mean by different commands.

I have another question,I want to make a ADvance Gold remake,but is it possible revamp the GSC music and port it into the rom I am hacking

Different commands, as in, different structure and values for specific script parts.

That's possible, but you will have to do a lot of editing to them, so that the GBC songs sound acceptable in a GBA game.

Crystal ALpha-Star+
October 24th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Different commands, as in, different structure and values for specific script parts.

That's possible, but you will have to do a lot of editing to them, so that the GBC songs sound acceptable in a GBA game.

you have made my life so much easier thanks

TreeckoLv.100
October 24th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Okay, I've spent almost 2 hours using the search function as I was suppose to do. I found a about 4-5 people that have the same problem as me, but no one has answered them. I used scripted and DiamondCutter to insert scripts into the game. My ROM is in the same folder as them, there are no spaces in the ROM's name. I've inserted scripts before with no problem using DiamondCutter. My problem is, when I insert a script, change the offset of a person to the script's offset, then talk to the person that I gave the script to, that person doesn't respond at all. So I gave him the "HelloWorld" script already in EliteMap, same things happens. Why doesn't it work?

The_Dark_Lord_Dacka
October 24th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Maybe its just too old, But I am trying to create a r/b or g/s hack, and have the pokemon changed to ones i created in the pokedex. A little help plz. I have searched the forums, I want to start with r/b and then do g/s. help plz. r/b hacks just seema outdated.

Django0
October 25th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Im trying to make givepokemon script that will give you a rioru but if you talk to the sprite nothing is happining the pokemon i replesed is the first ? after celebi and this is the script:

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x837550
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
givepokemon 0xFC 0x09 0x00
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0
= Here a Rioru its a rare pokemon in the Shinou region

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

Pazuzu
October 25th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Okay, I've spent almost 2 hours using the search function as I was suppose to do. I found a about 4-5 people that have the same problem as me, but no one has answered them. I used scripted and DiamondCutter to insert scripts into the game. My ROM is in the same folder as them, there are no spaces in the ROM's name. I've inserted scripts before with no problem using DiamondCutter. My problem is, when I insert a script, change the offset of a person to the script's offset, then talk to the person that I gave the script to, that person doesn't respond at all. So I gave him the "HelloWorld" script already in EliteMap, same things happens. Why doesn't it work?

Did you verify that the script was inserted at all?
Open the ROM in a Hex-Editor, go to the offset your Script is supposed to be, and see if it is there.

If it is there, you should try using a different offset, as it's possible that you chose a bad one, which is not accepted by the game.

Maybe its just too old, But I am trying to create a r/b or g/s hack, and have the pokemon changed to ones i created in the pokedex. A little help plz. I have searched the forums, I want to start with r/b and then do g/s. help plz. r/b hacks just seema outdated.

Uh...your question is? o.o;

Im trying to make givepokemon script that will give you a rioru but if you talk to the sprite nothing is happining the pokemon i replesed is the first ? after celebi and this is the script:

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x837550
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

if 0 0x837550
You have no data assigned to that offset, which is the reason nothing is happening.

Django0
October 25th, 2006, 06:15 AM
if 0 0x837550
You have no data assigned to that offset, which is the reason nothing is happening.

so were do i need to put that?

Pazuzu
October 25th, 2006, 06:20 AM
if 0 0x837550

so were do i need to put that?

You already have it in your Script.
You have to change the offset, to match the one you used for your "givepokemon" part, which is 0x8001E0.

Django0
October 25th, 2006, 06:49 AM
You already have it in your Script.
You have to change the offset, to match the one you used for your "givepokemon" part, which is 0x8001E0.

ok i changed the script

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

but now i see a text box with no text and then it disapear and i get my pkmn but if i talk to it again it will give me another one how can i let him stop giving me pkmn

o and how do you insert your own trainer sprites?

Pazuzu
October 25th, 2006, 07:52 AM
ok i changed the script

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

but now i see a text box with no text and then it disapear and i get my pkmn but if i talk to it again it will give me another one how can i let him stop giving me pkmn

o and how do you insert your own trainer sprites?

Try this one:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

I just compiled it, and it's working fine for me.

For the Trainer sprites, use the search function.
And once the Tutorial forum is back up, you will find a nice tutorial about it there.

Django0
October 25th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Try this one:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x93F
if 0 0x8001E0
if 1 0x837590
end

#org 0x8001E0
message 0x8004F0
boxset 0x2
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
setflag 0x93F
end

#org 0x837590
message 0x8006D0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x8004F0

#org 0x8006D0
= And do you like Rioru?

I just compiled it, and it's working fine for me.

For the Trainer sprites, use the search function.
And once the Tutorial forum is back up, you will find a nice tutorial about it there.

i hate my sapphire rom it is still giving me unlimited rioru's

Pazuzu
October 25th, 2006, 08:00 AM
It's possible that the Flag you chose is already in use by another Event.
Did you try using a different one?

Django0
October 25th, 2006, 08:13 AM
no i gonna try another flag
edit: can't find a flag and the sprite is still not talking and do you know how to change the map in the pokenav?

cdr13
October 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
1) I searched again this thread, for wildbattle commands, and actually managed to do in Emerald a battle scene for Moltres in Victory Road. But i can't delete the sprite after the battle (it remains there and i can battle Moltres every time). This is the script i used:

#autobank on

#org 0x86BDE0
msgbox 0x86BE30
cry
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
#raw 53
#raw 07
#raw 00
end

#org 0x86BE30
= Moltres!
The event number Advance Map shows for this sprite is 7. If you need more details, i am using the sprite number 233 (the deoxys triangle, it is temporary), People Nº: 8, location X: 2B, Y: 12, Script Offset: $86BDE0, in the Map 24.45 (the third map of Victory Road)

2) And how to add sprites? I don't want to replace, because i think every sprite is used, and i don't want that the Moltres sprite appear as a "Torchic Doll" in the game for example. It's difficult to search for this, the word "sprite" is very common...

EDIT:
Also tried this code, modified from that Snorlax example, and writing the correct offset in Advance Map ($86BD90). This code makes the common noise like i am interacting with an object, but nothing else. That's the reason i used the first, after deleting the first part, the cry part (when i used it. it leads to a battle with a sign "?", i think it is the new Missingno) and setflag command.

#autobank on
#org 0x86BD90
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x86BDE0
end

#org 0x86BDE0
cry 0xA1 0x92
#raw 01
msgbox 86BE30
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
#raw 53
#raw 07
#raw 00
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x86BE30
= Moltres!

EDIT 2:
Two more questions:
3) Is it possible to set items like Metal Coat and King's Rock so I can "use" them, not only "give". I want to use them as evolution stones for Onix, Scyther...
4) In my hack i used some giveitem scripts and now four people gives those ticket to access to the islands with legends. They are assigned in the key items sections, so that should be correct. But they aren't recognised in any harbor. I am talking about the Aurora Ticket, the Mystery Ticket, the Eon Ticket and the Old Sea Map. I don't know why... is it possible to correct something so they recognise those items and take me to the islands?

The_Dark_Lord_Dacka
October 25th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Scizz my question is, seeming as I can find NO documents on it, "What are the best tools for hacking r/b/y or g/s/c". I can find no documents and no tools references. I am trying to start this back up. my other question.. "how do I change a pokemons battle image and/ or pokedex image." I have seen it done in a few hacked version my best freind gave me almost 5 years ago. Which is what got me interested in hacking these in the first place.

SO:

"What are the best tools for hacking r/b/y or g/s/c? or where can i find docs on it" This means all, maps, info on how to edit peoples sprites.

"How do I change a pokemons battle image and/ or pokedex image?" specifically in r/b/y and g/s/c.

Thank you and I hope you can help.

Crystal ALpha-Star+
October 26th, 2006, 01:31 AM
I need to know something

say when I am creating my hack I want to make a title screen like this,is it possible to edit the existing title to make it look like this.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9023/gsctitlescreenso4.png

and is it possible to add this animation in the background

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5874/goldanimationtd7.png

and in fire red,is it possible to change the First person views so they look like these

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9157/firstpersonviewba3.png

and say I create a map on paint,can I use a program to import it into the rom hack

Django0
October 26th, 2006, 06:12 AM
iff i battle a ? and then catch itt the game will reset when the game tries to add his info to the pokedex someone know why? and how do you edit pokemon name and icon

Koopa Pride
October 26th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Why the Heck cant we post links to other sites -_- Is to hard to explain my problem so I wante dto put a vid.Ill try my best to explain:

I set a newly added text to a kecleon I put in a house( a added npc) and when I talk to it,it makes the sound when u scroll through text and nothing happends.How do I get him to say

"Kecleon:Hi!Isnt it wonderfull this house
on the inside is entirely a green house?

[PLAYER]:Eh, flowers are nice but dont
bugs get inside somtimes when you are
sleeping?

Kecleon:Nahhh,the bugs in this village
are nice as long as you dont invade
thier terretory.Even so they are all
level 1!"

stuff is really bugging me and I cant even post a danged vid x.x

Crysta Blade
October 27th, 2006, 06:55 AM
How would I go about editing how Pokemon evolve in Pokemon Crystal? Hex editor? If so, are there documents/tutorials to help? Also, I can't seem to find Crystal Map. When I clicked the links in the resource thread (when it was still working), the first led to ...something completely different... and the others didn't have it. I have no idea where to ask...

tibiot
October 27th, 2006, 09:08 AM
1 simple question

What are Script Offsets?

BlackRainbow*
October 27th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Example: An offset is a digit with 6 tokens (#6D0E10)

tibiot
October 27th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Example: An offset is a digit with 6 tokens (#6D0E10)

where are offsets for?
i see them everywhere in every program

BlackRainbow*
October 27th, 2006, 09:48 AM
You start finding an empty space in the ROM by locating spaces filled up with FF-bytes or ŸŸ-bytes, depending on what kind of Hex-Editor you're using.

Once you find these empty spaces, copy the offset that you'll find in the offsetbox of the Hex-Editor.

Jeremy
October 27th, 2006, 05:44 PM
How would I go about editing how Pokemon evolve in Pokemon Crystal? Hex editor? If so, are there documents/tutorials to help? Also, I can't seem to find Crystal Map. When I clicked the links in the resource thread (when it was still working), the first led to ...something completely different... and the others didn't have it. I have no idea where to ask...Well's here's part of a document about evolutions in GSC. ^^;

// EVOLUTION FORMAT //

<type of evo> <parameter> <evolves to>
01(Level) 20(lvl in hex) hexpoke#
02(Item) xx(gsitem#, must be able to use) hexpoke#
03(Trade) xx(gsitem# or 00 for none) hexpoke#
04(Happy) xx(any - 01; day - 02; nite - 03) hexpoke#

02 16 05 02 18 09 00
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |____ end of evo
| | | | | |
| | | | | |___________ evolved to
| | | | |______________ item to use
| | | |_________________ type of evol
| | |
| | |________________________ evolve to
| |___________________________ item to use
|______________________________ type of evo

TYPE 5 EVOLUTION

PARAMETERS

05 14 02 6B
| | | |_ Poke to evolve to
| | |____ Atk <=> Def Condition (01, 02 or 03)
| |_______ Level to decide
|__________ Type of evoltuion (always 05)

01 Atk < Def then Evolve to #106
02 Atk > Def then Evolve to #107
03 Atk = Def then Evolve to #237

Here's Crystalmap, sweetie. ^^;
Here ya go. (http://www.geocities.com/pkmn_trainer_jeremy/crysmapfinal.zip)

Well sweetie, there hasn't been a easy method to edit pics in RBY since the compression is tricky. KoolBoyMan has done it, but it's extremely difficult and you have to know what you're doing, exactly. Also I don't think you can make custom pics for RBY, sorry.

For GS use either of the following, sweetie.

Meowth's gfx inserter]
[url=http://www.geocities.com/pkmn_trainer_jeremy/AGIXP300.zip]Agixp (http://www.geocities.com/pkmn_trainer_jeremy/hfd.zip)

Django0
October 29th, 2006, 03:16 AM
iff i compile a script the script self will work but the text in the script will disapear and in my hexeditor the text shows up as zero's and dots and if view a script in scriptED there is also no text and is there a other way to edit pokemon names except for hex editor and N-E-A(i can't see text)
edit: i noticed i can't see text at these programs:
advancemart a-text a-tack N-E-A

Rencudia
October 29th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Look guys, Poketronic seems to be playing up or something because when I try and change the starters on poketronic it goes all wrong. Right here's what happens. I choose the starters, I press save, they say starters saved but they've reset themselves as missingnos and save as them! Dude can't anyone find a tutorial on how to change the starters by a hex program! I mean i've looked on search but I found nothing because they've been deleted or something. Please help.

Thanks! Bye.

BlackRainbow*
October 31st, 2006, 05:20 AM
whene i insert applymovement script in my game ( fire red )
everything freez when i walk to the script :S
here is a script that i have inserted :S

#org 0x8994d2
pause 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x6D10AD
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x6D10AD
#raw 0x27
#raw 0xFE

Pokepearl
October 31st, 2006, 08:32 AM
Could someone tell me what's the Movement number in AdvanceMap, for a tile that you walk UNDER the tile, and can't see yourself?

Crystal ALpha-Star+
November 1st, 2006, 09:46 AM
Could someone tell me what's the Movement number in AdvanceMap, for a tile that you walk UNDER the tile, and can't see yourself?

The movement number is C and yes you can see yourself

Hiroki
November 1st, 2006, 11:10 AM
In Gold, the Guide Gent person (who gives you the map card), how do I make Daisy in Pallet Town give it to you on the spot, withoutt a Town tour?, just I walk into her house and I get it?

sohappy
November 1st, 2006, 11:32 AM
I have a question too. Does any one have the document with the Pokemon hex numbers? I can't find the thread they were in before.

renatoap
November 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM
hi i have a question about elite maps rubikon. I tryed several tiems but i can't compile anything. I load my rom and i have the script there, but the compile button is blank. I'm hacking a ruby us rom and this is my script if it would help.
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0xF0F1
if 1 0x800300
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
setflag 0xF0F1
givepokemon 0x48 0x01 0x1
end

#org 0x800300
message 0x800200
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= Here's that Feebas i promised
#org 0x800100
= here you go,take it.

HackMew
November 2nd, 2006, 08:56 AM
whene i insert applymovement script in my game ( fire red )
everything freez when i walk to the script :S
here is a script that i have inserted :S

#org 0x8994d2
pause 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x6D10AD
release
end

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x6D10AD
#raw 0x27
#raw 0xFE

The problem depends on the offset you have chosen. In particular, I'm talking about the "6D10AD" one. That offset cannot be used because there are some ROM data that will be overwritten on script compiling. Try to use a different one.

I have a question too. Does any one have the document with the Pokemon hex numbers? I can't find the thread they were in before.

You can find the list at wah.studiopokemon.com/index.php?go=comandos/codigos.php

hi i have a question about elite maps rubikon. I tryed several tiems but i can't compile anything. I load my rom and i have the script there, but the compile button is blank. I'm hacking a ruby us rom and this is my script if it would help.
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0xF0F1
if 1 0x800300
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
setflag 0xF0F1
givepokemon 0x48 0x01 0x1
end

#org 0x800300
message 0x800200
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= Here's that Feebas i promised
#org 0x800100
= here you go,take it.

This question has been already answered before. Check this post for further information: theud.com/pokecommunity/showpost.php?p=2234351&postcount=1425

Crystal ALpha-Star+
November 2nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
how do you port tilesets and sprites on paint to advance map.

HackMew
November 2nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
how do you port tilesets and sprites on paint to advance map.

To import a tileset in AdvanceMap you have to load your map and then go to the Block Editor. Now you can import the first or the second tileset by choosing on the menu. For the trainer sprite, such as the hero's trainer card, you have to use unLZ-GBA.

Crystal ALpha-Star+
November 2nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
i get this error

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4136/errordx4.png

The format of the tile set in paint is bitmap

HackMew
November 2nd, 2006, 12:09 PM
i get this error

[...]

The format of the tile set in paint is bitmap

Make so:
- Open you ROM with AdvanceMap;
- Load a map of your choice;
- Go to the Block Editor;
- Export the tileset that you want edit;

At this point, you'll have 2 files: the first one with extension .dib and the second with extension .pal. Open the first one with your favourite ghaphic editing program and save. Finally import the modified tileset in the ROM.
If you have trouble editing the .dib file, try to rename as .bmp, edit it and then re-rename with extension .dib.

BlackRainbow*
November 3rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
1) I searched again this thread, for wildbattle commands, and actually managed to do in Emerald a battle scene for Moltres in Victory Road. But i can't delete the sprite after the battle (it remains there and i can battle Moltres every time). This is the script i used:

#autobank on

#org 0x86BDE0
msgbox 0x86BE30
cry
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
#raw 53
#raw 07
#raw 00
end

#org 0x86BE30
= Moltres!
The event number Advance Map shows for this sprite is 7. If you need more details, i am using the sprite number 233 (the deoxys triangle, it is temporary), People Nº: 8, location X: 2B, Y: 12, Script Offset: $86BDE0, in the Map 24.45 (the third map of Victory Road)

2) And how to add sprites? I don't want to replace, because i think every sprite is used, and i don't want that the Moltres sprite appear as a "Torchic Doll" in the game for example. It's difficult to search for this, the word "sprite" is very common...

EDIT:
Also tried this code, modified from that Snorlax example, and writing the correct offset in Advance Map ($86BD90). This code makes the common noise like i am interacting with an object, but nothing else. That's the reason i used the first, after deleting the first part, the cry part (when i used it. it leads to a battle with a sign "?", i think it is the new Missingno) and setflag command.

#autobank on
#org 0x86BD90
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x86BDE0
end

#org 0x86BDE0
cry 0xA1 0x92
#raw 01
msgbox 86BE30
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
#raw 53
#raw 07
#raw 00
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x86BE30
= Moltres!

Try this script

#org 0xF05000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x8F03C00 '"Moltres ..."
callstd 0x6
nop
nop
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 0x3
nop
nop
pause 0x80
setflag 0x1285
nop
fadescreen 0x1
pause 0x30
#raw 0x53
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x00
nop
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

Amachi
November 3rd, 2006, 02:48 AM
Kay, here are the tiles in their intended form.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5162/01qx0.png (http://imageshack.us)

Yet when I walk off the map onto the next one ...

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1869/02jm1.png (http://imageshack.us)

This occurs. However, it reverts back to it's intended tiles if I go back into the town.

But if I leave the walk far enough so that the tiles have left the screen and then return ...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1527/03ix7.png (http://imageshack.us)

This occurs, and even if I go back ...

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6383/04nh8.png (http://imageshack.us)

The tiles do not revert back to normal. And in order for them to do so, I have to walk far enough inside the map so that the tiles are off the screen.

So how do I stop the tiles from stuffing up?

Thanks.

I hope that makes sense ... or that it's a simple question ^^;;

Django0
November 3rd, 2006, 06:02 AM
somewhere on this rhread i found a patch so that prof oak will give you the national dex after you get the normal one can someone make me the same patch but then for FR

BlackRainbow*
November 3rd, 2006, 06:25 AM
[Ray.Z]: Its like that cuz you have changed the background of tiles
the normal background is grass and you have change it to sand

Magnezone
November 3rd, 2006, 07:12 AM
I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find it: after editing the hoenn map (for the pokenav) in Cyclone and putting it in, the label in the lower right of the map didnt point to the new cities, routes, etc. how can I make it so that it does? I think I have to use a hex-editor, but what exactly do I have to do?

renatoap
November 3rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
To - HackMew -
I read all the info in that post and i placed all the files needed in the right place/ I have all of them but the compile button still does not work. The compile button is still blank and is unable to be clicked..... i have no idea what to do.

zel 2.0
November 3rd, 2006, 07:31 PM
;2281428']Kay, here are the tiles in their intended form.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5162/01qx0.png (http://imageshack.us)

Yet when I walk off the map onto the next one ...

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1869/02jm1.png (http://imageshack.us)

This occurs. However, it reverts back to it's intended tiles if I go back into the town.

But if I leave the walk far enough so that the tiles have left the screen and then return ...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1527/03ix7.png (http://imageshack.us)

This occurs, and even if I go back ...

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6383/04nh8.png (http://imageshack.us)

The tiles do not revert back to normal. And in order for them to do so, I have to walk far enough inside the map so that the tiles are off the screen.

So how do I stop the tiles from stuffing up?

Thanks.

I hope that makes sense ... or that it's a simple question ^^;;

As far as I know that happens because of your two connected maps use different tilesets, if both of them share the same tilesets, there wouldn't be a problem.
However, if they share at least one (each map can have two tilesets), the "not-shared" tiles would confuse whenever you switch from map to map (That explains what's going on...).
How to prevent it?, well, try to use only the shared tiles, whenever you are close to switch to your other map (that goes for each map). That means, if you connect to a map with not-shared tiles, dont use that kind of tiles close to the connection (the game can see seven tiles away, I think). You already saw the glitchy effect. You'll learn to handle it, eventually...

Now I'm the one that hopes this made any sense at all...

cdr13
November 4th, 2006, 04:58 AM
Try this script

#org 0xF05000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x8F03C00 '"Moltres ..."
callstd 0x6
nop
nop
wildbattle 0x92 0x32 0x3
nop
nop
pause 0x80
setflag 0x1285
nop
fadescreen 0x1
pause 0x30
#raw 0x53
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x00
nop
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

Thanks. That code works ok for the battle (like before), but the sprite still remains there, and it's possible to continue battling moltres.
Also, there are another three questions i did in that post.

Haowakeorden
November 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I am having a problem with Pokémon Amplifier 3.2; I cannot make Milotic compatible with HM07 (Waterfall) or HM08 (Dive). I have tried giving it compatibilities with other TMs and HMs, and they all work. But if I try to give it compatibility with HM07 and HM08 in Pokémon Amplifier 3.2, I am unable to teach either of these HMs to Milotic in-game. If I open up Pokémon Amplifier again to check Milotic's stats, one of two things occur:
1. The check boxes for HM07 and HM08 are blank, even though I checked them and saved them before
2. The check boxes for HM07 and HM08 are blank, even though I checked them and saved them before, and the last two "DO NOT USE" boxes are checked.
Is there any way I can make Milotic compatible with HM07 and HM08 (again)?

Additional information:
I have also edited Milotic's other stats: Each stat is two points higher than it originally was, it is Water/Fire type, and it can be taught Flamethrower and Fire Blast through TM. Its learned moves has also been edited (in fact, it now learns Dive (HM08) naturally at Level 35).

Thank you for your cooperation.

Magnezone
November 4th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I also have a problem with pokemon amplifier 3.2. it happens when i change evolutions. if i make a pokemon evolve into another such as remoraid to mantine at level 26, what will happen is that the mantine will be at lv 24 after the evolution. similarly, magmar evolving to moltres at 31 works, but in the end, moltres is lv 28. However, When I changed clefairy to evolve to chansey at lv. 30, it actually worked properly and the chansey was still lv 30.
could someone explain why the level reduces/tell the solution?
thanks in advance.

PkMNisthebest
November 4th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Whenever I trie to open Advancemap 1.82; 1.81 or 1.80 I get a strange optionscreen. It says the following:

This programm is based on parts of Jigglys GoldMap source.
Copyrights of AdvanceMap belong to LU-HO Poké.

Your rights :
§1 You are allowed to use this program.
§2 You are allowed to use the direct-link "am160.no-ip.info" or the one for the newer versions.
§3 You are not allowed to duplicate this file on any other webspace.
§4 You are not allowed to sell this program.
§5 You are not allowed to claim indemnity, if the usage of this program damages a program,
file or hardware of your computer.
§6 The Author of this program is not bound to offer support of any kind.
§7 You are not allowed to change this or any other text of this program, except the "*.ini" files in
the "Ini" directory.

If any part of this text seems unclear to you, or you have doubt in your Rights, feel free to
contact me anytime. My eMail adress: [email protected]

Then there are two clickable (make a selection black, you know, like a voting bill) that say:
10 Endnutzerform
11 Endnutzerform

And beneath them two buttons (like next and previous) that say:
12 Endnutzerform
13 Endnutzerform

Whatever combination I make with the choises, the program always closes.
I put all the ini-files in the ini-map and the enduser in "sprachen" in "ini".

Please help.

zak
November 5th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Ive prety much got the hang of this sucker by now , just i wanted to know if it was possible to ad more than 217 oveworld sprites for pokemon ruby? or/and if it was possible to change the size of the overworld sprites?

Anyone?

Crystal ALpha-Star+
November 5th, 2006, 03:04 AM
I got this error on advance map

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9388/errortwoey2.png

Chris-h11
November 6th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I got this error on advance map

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9388/errortwoey2.png
What did you do before that happened?

SJohnst07
November 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM
now it just says communication error when I enter the trading room. i'm trying to trade pokemon between a ruby rom and an emerald rom (both are completely unedited). any idea how to fix this???

i just managed to trade between 2 emerald files but i still cant trade between a ruby rom and an emerald rom.

flygonbreloom
November 8th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Ok, I cant be bothered going though 66 pages and I know this is probably a really obvious question but...where do I get a sprite editor that edits sprites in Pokemon Gold, I looked in the tools showcase and it empty and google didnt help...

Crystal ALpha-Star+
November 9th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Ok,is the space capacity on pokemon fire red bigger than the space capacity on pokemon gold.

moltres_flames
November 9th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I have searched the forums but I dont understand the little information I could find.
I'm trying to hack Pokemon Gold but I dont know how to edit the trainer sprites. I can edit the map sprites, but I think the others are compressed. How to I uncompress them?

Also, I would like to know how to edit the title screen. I read that once you decompress it you can simply edit the tiles in a programme like TLP. I found a post that had an IPS patch that supposedly did this, but the attachment does not appear to work.

Can someone please help me in dummie language?:embarrass

Ok, I cant be bothered going though 66 pages and I know this is probably a really obvious question but...where do I get a sprite editor that edits sprites in Pokemon Gold, I looked in the tools showcase and it empty and google didnt help...

It seems that PC is having some trouble with that forum at the mo but I have a sprite editor for you ^_^.

Blazichu
November 9th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I have searched the forums but I dont understand the little information I could find.
I'm trying to hack Pokemon Gold but I dont know how to edit the trainer sprites. I can edit the map sprites, but I think the others are compressed. How to I uncompress them?

Also, I would like to know how to edit the title screen. I read that once you decompress it you can simply edit the tiles in a programme like TLP. I found a post that had an IPS patch that supposedly did this, but the attachment does not appear to work.

Can someone please help me in dummie language?:embarrass

It seems that PC is having some trouble with that forum at the mo but I have a sprite editor for you ^_^.

Depends which trainer sprite you wan to change, if overworld Spirtes search for GS Sprite Editor on Google or in-battle sprites use Agixp and search on how to use it on google, it can be difficult to explain on how to use.

I have also attached an ips patch which decompresses the title screen and you can edit it in TLP.

moltres_flames
November 10th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Depends which trainer sprite you wan to change, if overworld Spirtes search for GS Sprite Editor on Google or in-battle sprites use Agixp and search on how to use it on google, it can be difficult to explain on how to use.

I have also attached an ips patch which decompresses the title screen and you can edit it in TLP.

thanks a lot but the ips patch only decompresses the pokemon logo and the gamefreak logo. I wanted to know how to change the flying pokemon and the 'gold version' tiles. but as for Agixp, i will get googling right now^_^

Jeremy
November 10th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I wanted to know how to change the flying pokemon and the 'gold version' tiles.

Yay! A GSC question. x3 Anyway sweetie, to change the Gold Version tiles, well in the decompressed ips, the blank space underneath the Pokémon logo is were the Gold version tiles should be, they're already erased so you can make them say what you want. =3

Now for Ho-oh sweetie.

Repointing and Editing Ho-oh

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00 and copy the tileset.
Go to offset e7700 and paste the tileset there.
Save.
Change Ho-oh’s pallete to make it easier to figure out what you're editing. ^^;

Now in a hex editor go to offset 62d7.
Change the bytes 60 42 to 0077. Save.

Now all you have to do sweetie is just change the tiles. ^^

Cursed
November 10th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I have tried to load my pokemon emerald rom onto pokepic, but when i do so nothing happens, it says it can't find the INI settings in overworld editor - rebirth edition, it won't load in visualboy advance, and yet when I load it in advancemap, it works like a charm. Anyone know what's wrong with my ROM?

zak
November 10th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I have tried to load my pokemon emerald rom onto pokepic, but when i do so nothing happens, it says it can't find the INI settings in overworld editor - rebirth edition, it won't load in visualboy advance, and yet when I load it in advancemap, it works like a charm. Anyone know what's wrong with my ROM?

Just get a fresh rom , that ones clearly dodgy :\

Cursed
November 10th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Just get a fresh rom , that ones clearly dodgy :\

I got the same problems with my new one, except that I can play this one on visualboy advance.

moltres_flames
November 11th, 2006, 02:15 AM

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00 and copy the tileset.
Go to offset e7700 and paste the tileset there.
Save.

Change the bytes 60 42 to 0077. Save.

Now all you have to do sweetie is just change the tiles. ^^

Thankyou - seems easy enough only *bows head in shame* what do you mean by a tileset? is that the group of tiles that are all compressed (between the tiles for the trees and poke centers etc)?:embarrass also how do I change a byte? Sorry for all the questions lol ^_^

moltres_flames
November 11th, 2006, 05:21 AM
By searching the site I found that this problem has been mentioned before, but no help or answers were given. Also, as the thread was over a year old I thought I would post a new one.
I have win 98 and downloaded AGIXP411 but whenever I try to open it I get a strange message (see the attatched image).
Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? Before this happened I got a message saying I needed a DLL file so I downloaded it from the net. Then I get this new and more unusual message.

Please Help!

Frostbite
November 11th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Hey, I've been starting to hack, I'm hacking a Fire Red ROM and, I do need some help and some questions answered. The editor that I am using is EliteMap just for a heads up.

1) Everytime I add a weather condition to a route, say thunderstorm, I click save and the map changes from a Kanto map to a Hoenn map. I then X out and go back to EliteMap to edit it. Once I try to uplaod the ROM into EliteMap agian it dose not do anything and the screen stays black. Thishas become a very annoying problem for me recently, anyone know how I could fix this?

2) Several programs for EliteMap do not work for me. Eveytime I try to open the ROM for say, for the wild pokemon editor I get this (http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1670/error1yu2.jpg) error message. Not only do I get that kind of message for that program but, from many others as well. Help?

3) How do I import custom tilesets from Paint and uplaod them onto EliteMap?

4) How do I add people, items, events etc.?

5) How do I import a Pokémon backsprite from paint and apply it to the game itself?

Thats all for now, the main problems that I have.

zak
November 11th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Hey, I've been starting to hack, I'm hacking a Fire Red ROM and, I do need some help and some questions answered. The editor that I am using is EliteMap just for a heads up.

1) Everytime I add a weather condition to a route, say thunderstorm, I click save and the map changes from a Kanto map to a Hoenn map. I then X out and go back to EliteMap to edit it. Once I try to uplaod the ROM into EliteMap agian it dose not do anything and the screen stays black. Thishas become a very annoying problem for me recently, anyone know how I could fix this?

2) Several programs for EliteMap do not work for me. Eveytime I try to open the ROM for say, for the wild pokemon editor I get this (http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1670/error1yu2.jpg) error message. Not only do I get that kind of message for that program but, from many others as well. Help?

3) How do I import custom tilesets from Paint and uplaod them onto EliteMap?

4) How do I add people, items, events etc.?

5) How do I import a Pokémon backsprite from paint and apply it to the game itself?

Thats all for now, the main problems that I have.

Q1 , if youre saying youre imorting a map from kanto to hoen( or the other way round) open the map in am then go to the map bank you want to isnert it to, open the map , then go to insert map , you will get a smaller screen come up , change the first two tabs to the map bank and map number,

q2, try moving the rom to the same folder as the programes it usualy helps,

q3, sry no idea =/

q4, go to advance map , open your rom , click on the tab that says 'events' then on the side it will show them , you can simply add more from there , make sure you save after editing the number of events,( Also be careful , if you overload a map with events it can mess up your rom)

q5, use poke pic , the back pic has to be a certain size , ( pokepic is in the elitemap folder i believe)

Hope it helps ya ...

Any one know how i can add more overworld sprites to a ruby rom , so far you can edit 217 , i wana know if its possible to make like 300 ... if any1 knows please post back =)

Blazichu
November 11th, 2006, 05:24 PM
By searching the site I found that this problem has been mentioned before, but no help or answers were given. Also, as the thread was over a year old I thought I would post a new one.
I have win 98 and downloaded AGIXP411 but whenever I try to open it I get a strange message (see the attatched image).
Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? Before this happened I got a message saying I needed a DLL file so I downloaded it from the net. Then I get this new and more unusual message.

Please Help!

I think you need zerolib.dll

I have attached it below.

Matt Silver
November 11th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I used the search function but I didn't get a certain answer:
How do I import pokemon sprites with different palettes without messing it up.
EG: I want to put Naetoru in my game.
So I export Bulbasaur in Unlz.gba and replace Naetoru over it in paint.
It looks like this: http://i15.tinypic.com/44ik481.png

How do I fix it to look like it normally does? Where have I gone wrong?

Blazichu
November 11th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I used the search function but I didn't get a certain answer:
How do I import pokemon sprites with different palettes without messing it up.
EG: I want to put Naetoru in my game.
So I export Bulbasaur in Unlz.gba and replace Naetoru over it in paint.
It looks like this: http://i15.tinypic.com/44ik481.png

How do I fix it to look like it normally does? Where have I gone wrong?

Try inserting this Naetoru(http://www.wah.studiopokemon.com/sprites/shinou/Naetle.png )over Bulbasaur, don't replace Naetoru over Bulbasaur in paint, just insert it into Unlz.gba over Bulbasaur, I was having a problem like this before too.

Matt Silver
November 11th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Try inserting this Naetoru(http://www.wah.studiopokemon.com/sprites/shinou/Naetle.png )over Bulbasaur, don't replace Naetoru over Bulbasaur in paint, just insert it into Unlz.gba over Bulbasaur, I was having a problem like this before too.

Thanks for the help. Does this apply to every sprite Studiowah has?

Blazichu
November 11th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the help. Does this apply to every sprite Studiowah has?

Not really some of them don't do that straight away.

Django0
November 12th, 2006, 02:29 AM
in FR how do you edit that FIRERED VERSION text if i open it in TLP it look likes trash the same with the ©2004 gamefreak inc. text someone know why?(it is in the titelscreen)

frank$or
November 12th, 2006, 02:57 AM
hello, my first post here ^^
anyway, on-topic.

i tried this give-poke script, and copiled it correctly, but when i did talk to the person who was holding that script, nothing happened. you only did hear * click *

#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x1 0x9C1490
message 0x9c1500
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 0x9C1480
givepokemon 0x9E 5 0x0
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
fanfare 0x212
message 0x9C1600
boxset 0x2
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
setflag 0x800
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1570
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1490
message 0x9C1540
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Do you want the WATER-type TOTODILE?
#org 0x9C1540
= I can't hold it anymore.
#org 0x9C1570
= Please, take it.
#org 0x9C1600
= \v\h01 obtained a TOTODILE!

something wrong? or else what to do?

moltres_flames
November 12th, 2006, 05:09 AM
I think you need zerolib.dll

I have attached it below.

No that was included when I downloaded AGIXP411, so that can't be the problem.
Also, can someone explain to me what Jeremy meant by a 'byte' and how I copy a 'tileset' in TLP?

And lastly, is there a way to add a pokemon in the game, so it shows up like a person but when you click on it a battle starts? like for Ho-oh and Lugia. For my hack, Pokemon Garnet, I want Moltres to appear in place of Ho-oh, and Ho-oh to appear somewhere else.

SJohnst07
November 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM
You have to add a setflag command which will activate the National dex.
Just take a look at the Script when you get the Nationaldex and copy the flag value to use it in your new command.

What does that actually mean???

Grifstar
November 15th, 2006, 09:57 AM
... well that was really, REALLY stupid of me ~_~;;

I was trying to clean out my hack tool folder(and updating most of the ones I like using), since I had some really old programs that I never used. Sure enough, I must've hit something vital since now all my tools refuse to work(except for Elite Map and it's programs and Advance Map).

I know I had this problem once before waaay back when I first got my tools, and then later it just 'mysteriously' vanished. But it sucks because now I'm wanting to go back to my old hack project, which I could, but right now I can't change the text around or anything >.>;.

It looks like the file I'm missing is "COMDLG.OCX", if anyone knows what that is and where I can get it. I'm gonna hope that's also the same thing my A-Text is complaining about even though it instead it keeps wanting to crash ;-;...

Also, I want the Pokemon Amp program back.... >.> <.<

EDIT: ..... actually it looks like I'm missing quite a few OCX files....
EDITEDIT: oh... kay... now it's missing COMDLG32 x_x
Final edit: FIXED IT! Forget what I said.... ^^;;

pokeant
November 15th, 2006, 10:52 PM
so long not online...

The Maps in a Pokémon Crystal game can be edited by using Crys-Map, which can be obtained from a download site, listed in the Hacking Tools Reference.

is there another better map editor? i could not edit the events, and pokemon.

question:
is it possibe to change gym battles into somethings like battle frontier, where you need to select pokemon such as select only 3 pokemon etc.

shirokiryuu
November 16th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I've been experimenting with VBA Link and attemping to use it

But when I load a rom, it works fine, but then when I load the save file, it become distorted and unplayable. I don't understand what happened, because when i played it in VBA 1.6, it works completely fine. Is there a way to fix this?

Mario Famous
November 16th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Thats probably because you have the VBA Link save settings set differently. Use the same exact settings as you did with the VBA, if you used a bios file with the VBA, use the same one with the VBA Link.

I've figured out my problems as well. I'm going to state the solution to them to help other people.

Inserting Pokemon over old ones.*
Okay, I've read this whole thread and it really didn't help me with this so I figured it out on my own. It's best to use photoshop when editing or putting different sprites in the game. First make a new document in photoshop thats 64x64 in pixels, RGB coloring and a Transparent background. Get the edited sprite or spritesheet that you are using pokemon from and cut and drag the pokemon over to the new document. Once placed in the document go to image and then mode. Go to indexed, for the pallette choose Local (Selective), make sure that the "forced" option is switched to none and the transparency is off. Save the pic as a png.

*note, if the background of the pic is white, change it to an off white type color, It's best to do this because if a pokemon shares the same color with the background, that color will be transparent in the game...and the color white is a part of many pokemon.(I.E eyes)

Next use pokepic or Unlz to insert the pokemon. Be warned, if the pokemon is bigger than the original it will say the image is too big...yse, even though the file sizes are the exact same...I know. Personally I used pokepic to insert pics so I can see if there was an alteration in other pics of the pokemon.

*Note, use the same document for front and back pics of the pokemon, if you dont, you will see that one of the pics will have an alteration in color, thats because the pics do not have the same exact pallete. The front and back pics of the pokemon has to have the exact same pallete.

I hope this hepls the people that had the same troubles I had....this almost drove me back to hack Red and Blue.

moltres_flames
November 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM
please could someone help me with the following things. (im hacking pokemon gold)

-change the picture of ho-oh on the title screen (didnt rly understand wot jeremy tld me 0_o)
-add events to make pokemon like moltres appear when u click on a person
-change in battle sprites of trainers (cant get avixp to work {see my problemo in a previous post})
-change palletes

please write in baby talk cos im such a noob ^_^

Mr Snrub
November 17th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I can't compile my script to my ROM.

Look, here's a screenshot:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1458/yeahproblemzn2.png

If it's a problem with the script, please tell me how to correct it.

Christos
November 17th, 2006, 11:24 PM
I can't compile my script to my ROM.

Look, here's a screenshot:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1458/yeahproblemzn2.png

If it's a problem with the script, please tell me how to correct it.

First, your script is wrong. It should be like this:

#org 0x71DEF4
checkflag 0x800
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x71EF10
setflag 0x800
setflag 0x801
givepokemon 0x68 0x05 0x00
message 0x71DF10
boxset 0x4
release
end

#org 0x71EF10
message 0x71ED20
boxset 0x4
release
end

#org 0x71DF10
= Take this CUBONE...

#org 0x71ED20
= How's that CUBONE going?

And second, the ROM you are compiling the script to should be in EliteMap folder with no spaces in its name.

shirokiryuu
November 17th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Thats probably because you have the VBA Link save settings set differently. Use the same exact settings as you did with the VBA, if you used a bios file with the VBA, use the same one with the VBA Link.

I tried that, but it still doesn't work properly. I've never used an bios files, so i don't think it's that.

Mr Snrub
November 18th, 2006, 12:00 AM
First, your script is wrong. It should be like this:

#org 0x71DEF4
checkflag 0x800
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x71EF10
setflag 0x800
setflag 0x801
givepokemon 0x68 0x05 0x00
message 0x71DF10
boxset 0x4
release
end

#org 0x71EF10
message 0x71ED20
boxset 0x4
release
end

#org 0x71DF10
= Take this CUBONE...

#org 0x71ED20
= How's that CUBONE going?

And second, the ROM you are compiling the script to should be in EliteMap folder with no spaces in its name. Nice script but I still am getting that error message... If I e-mail you the .ips could you insert the script for me? If so, could you give the script to the Person event behind the house with the Lance sprite or the fat boy (near the lab)?

Please?

Thanks mon

snrub

sjkfbilsdbtg
November 19th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Can anyone tell me ANYWHERE I can download advance text in english right now? Nothing in the Tools Section. Scanning this 67 page thread for answers will take a while :(

sohappy
November 19th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Can anyone tell me ANYWHERE I can download advance text in english right now? Nothing in the Tools Section. Scanning this 67 page thread for answers will take a while :(

You can find most of the tools here (http://rhtools.scizz.com/index.php?dir=RSE/&AutoIndex2=f97e8a68aed0d24894d4818c7d59b6d9). Scizz put this site in the Tools Reference thread before it was erased.

frank$or
November 19th, 2006, 10:58 AM
i have a new question.
( again about scripting )

i have probelms with scripting. ( see other post )
anyway, here's the next one.

i have this script here:
#org 0x6EDEE0
message 0x6EDF00
boxset 0x02
end
#org 0x6EDF00
= Noob!

compiled it correctly.
but when i tried it out..
this came: http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4691/huhhh4.png ( it appeared for about 1 second, after that the page became black. )
the music was still playing. :x
Help?

SSJ4 Furanki
November 20th, 2006, 02:57 PM
um my title screen for my hack is really F'ed up it looks like this:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/PokemonEmeraldtitle.png

And this is what i made it out of:
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/tiltleraything.png

-Sasuke-
November 20th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Nice script but I still am getting that error message... If I e-mail you the .ips could you insert the script for me? If so, could you give the script to the Person event behind the house with the Lance sprite or the fat boy (near the lab)?

Please?

Thanks mon

snrub

Maybe you should try Diamond cutter to insert your sripts instead of sripted. Diamond cutter in way better.

TreeckoLv.100
November 20th, 2006, 09:11 PM
This question has been asked before I know it, but I can't find the answer anymore. But here's the question: After importing an image for a new Pokemon using unLZ.GBA, messy pixels appear. Why is that? Didn't Scizz say something about repointing it?

Mario Famous
November 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM
No, it's because the pallete doesn't correspond with the recent pic. Did you remember to click "Export Pallete"? Thats probably another reason why. I used pokepic to insert the pokemon because if another picture gets messed up while importing another I'll know. Remember that the front and back pic of a trainer and pokemon shares the same exact pallete, trying to insert a front and back pic of the pokemon with different palletes will mess up something.

Heres my question, what is the easiest way to insert new tilesets? I'm also wondering how do you segment a pic into tile shapes. I'm trying to make this into a tileset.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/mario_famous/hoohoohouse.png

Jeremy
November 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
please could someone help me with the following things. (im hacking pokemon gold)

-change the picture of ho-oh on the title screen (didnt rly understand wot jeremy tld me 0_o)
-add events to make pokemon like moltres appear when u click on a person
-change in battle sprites of trainers (cant get avixp to work {see my problemo in a previous post})
-change palletes

please write in baby talk cos im such a noob ^_^

Okie sweetie, here I go, again. XD

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/PKMN_Trainer_Jeremy/misc/tiles.png

Go to offset e7700 and paste what you copied there.
Save. Close TLP

Change the the following 60 42 to 0077. Save.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/PKMN_Trainer_Jeremy/misc/hex.png

Now all you have to do sweetie is just edit what you pasted at offset e7700 with TLP. ^^

Just another question, which i searched, and didn't fiind anything. I put in a few new characters using Advance Map, but I can't get them to talk since there's nothing to search using A-Text. So how do I make my new characters talk?

Well sweetie, just assign them a script.

moltres_flames
November 22nd, 2006, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Jeremy;2294152]Okie sweetie, here I go, again. XD

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00.

Go to offset e7700 and paste what you copied there.
Save. Close TLP

Change the the following 60 42 to 0077. Save.

Now all you have to do sweetie is just edit what you pasted at offset e7700 with TLP. ^^

THANK YOU!:laugh: thats exactly what I wanted !!!

Django0
November 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
How do you decompress a image from unlz.gba so that you can edit it in tlp and what is the unlz.gba offset for the sevii islands minimap in FR

zak
November 23rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Hi guys , i have a few questions that are realy important to my hack,

1. does anyone know how i can insert a whole new tileset? not replacing an old one like inersting an entire new one .

2. Is it possible to create room for overworld sprites , for example: in a ruby rom when you edit overworlds with overworld editor there are 217 editable sprites, i want to know if i can create like new banks for more , and if i can change the sizes ....

Please someone answer back soon , Even if its really complex like advance hexing i really need to get this done, well in advance ... thanks

SW11 all day everyday

Mr Snrub
November 24th, 2006, 07:57 PM
what are some of the basic programs i need to make a pkmn gae besides adv. map, ad ext editor... The EliteMap package (Contains Unlz-GBA, PokePic, TLP, ScriptEd (important)) etc.

Get it here: http://helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/filebin/elitemap37.exe

This might sound a little nubish, but whatever.

Well agian, I'm trying to hack. It's a hack of Fire Red and I'm done with editing the Pallet town to New Bark Town. I want the next route (Route 29) to go to the left of New Bark. The problem is that Fire Red's next route is going up from the starter town (Pallet). My main question is, how do I configure routes to a certian position for access from the previous area? The editor I'm using is Advance Map. Above the map image, can you see 4 purple arrows? Click them. Change the connections until your heart's content :)

How do you decompress a image from unlz.gba so that you can edit it in tlp and what is the unlz.gba offset for the sevii islands minimap in FR Click "Dump As Raw" or something like that :)

Frostbite
November 24th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Above the map image, can you see 4 purple arrows? Click them. Change the connections until your heart's content :)
Ah, I see now. I tried it out; it connected to the route! Thanks for the help. :D

moltres_flames
November 25th, 2006, 03:01 AM
whenever I edit a rom using GoldMap I always end up with numerous glitches in the game. these usually include:

-the ability to walk through signs
-the ability to walk through trees
-getting stuck near head-butt trees

If no-one can help me with these problems, can someone reccomend an alternative programme I can use?

thanx ^_^

Blazichu
November 25th, 2006, 03:04 AM
whenever I edit a rom using GoldMap I always end up with numerous glitches in the game. these usually include:

-the ability to walk through signs
-the ability to walk through trees
-getting stuck near head-butt trees

If no-one can help me with these problems, can someone reccomend an alternative programme I can use?

thanx ^_^

Which version of goldmap are you using?

moltres_flames
November 25th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Which version of goldmap are you using?

The version I've been using is 1.6 . If theres a newer version, where can I get it?

Django0
November 25th, 2006, 08:00 AM
how do you make a trainer battle script with a trainer each time you talk to it he will battle you i used this script but now the wont even battle me

#org 0x1AB476
trainerbattle 0x0 0xEC 0x0 0x81C2D19 0x818783E
msgbox 0x8187852 '"I am the ma..."
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x1C2D19
= You can call me master Django
#org 0x18783E
= You are the next pokemon master
#org 0x187852
= I was the elite four champion once

Captain Arcane
November 25th, 2006, 01:31 PM
In pokemon emerald, there is a little girl in Rustburo City who is sick, or soomethin. Do any of you know what you have to say to her, and if you can change her script/text?

Cursed
November 25th, 2006, 03:13 PM
When I try to import a new tileset to my emerald rom, the load option in advancemap is grayed out(unclickable). Is there a specific folder I have to insert the tileset into?

moltres_flames
November 26th, 2006, 07:08 AM
is there a way to decompress the in-battle sprites of trainers and the main character so you can edit them in a programme like TLP? I don't understand Meowth's GFX Inserter and keep getting this message when I try to open AGIXP: 'System Error &H80070485 (-214702379).' so I'm looking for another way. Can anyone help me?

Django0
November 26th, 2006, 07:27 AM
if i creat a new cave entrance you can't enter it i set it to unknown 03 and you can only enter it at unkown 00 with a normal door if you are inside you can't exit the cave the exit is on water in Fire Red

Prof. 9
November 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I just exported Team Magma Grunt's sprite from a clean Pokémon Ruby ROM, and then imported it in the same ROM, replacing Brendan's sprite. I clicked "Write to ROM", and selected everything except "Auto abort if new data is bigger". When I started my ROM and slected "New Game", this is what I got:
*h*t*t*p*:*/*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*.*i*m*a*g*e*s*h*a*c*k*.*u*s*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*/*5*6*7*1*/*t*e*m*p*o*r*a*r*y*x*z*9*.*p*n*g* <-- Remove the *'s, I had to use them because my post count somehow dropped below 15 AGAIN... (EDIT: Had to place them again cuz I edited this post)
Can somebody please explain why this is happening? (I'm talking about the ROM, not the post o****)

EDIT: Another question.
When I enter one of the houses in one of my cities in one of my hacks (=D) the border of the map is purple. How can I make it black again? (please give me the number or offset of the block I have to use to make it black again) And when I check the map in AM, I can see I used a black block. Then why is it purple in the game?

*Shinigami*
November 27th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Simple question, I played this hack a while ago, really likeed it then lost it ::CRY::, it was a Yellow re-make on this thread and I can't get the attachment to work, and since the creator hasn't been active since August, I thought I'd ask here:

(It's on the thread "Pokémon Lightning Yellow" Sorry, but I have less than 15 posts and can't post the URL)

So if anybody still had a copy, or could download it for me (If it's a problem withmy PC) That'd be great ^_^

I thought I'd ask here instead of necroposting (O_O)

Thanks in advance
- Ryuu-san

Superkid11
November 27th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Slight problem with Overworld Sprite Editor. (Yes I used the search feature...)

When I try to import a sprite it pops up saying "Error during bitmap loading. The palette of the bitmap you are going to import is not a 16 color one." But the sprite had LESS than 16 colors on it. I even added more to make it 16 and it still said that.

Help?

x24
November 28th, 2006, 09:03 AM
hi

little situation happened just now.. extrated sentret's animation sprites from inside a clean emerald rom and pasted my own image overtop of it without changing the pallete (yes Im sure).. when I reinserted it into unlz-gba it looked fine, then I attempted to see it ingame and this was the result..

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5904/errorpz7.png

I dont get it, the pallet indexes are both the same..
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/5600/error2bi9.th.png (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=error2bi9.png)

any help on this would be REALLY appeciated

****EDIT: ok I fixed it but I dont know if I fixed it correctly.. the palletes worked when I tried experiementing with 'export pallete' and 'automatically fix pointers' I hope that didn't damage anything else..****

***********EDIT2: Does anyone know the sprite and pallet numbers for the inbattle behind trainer sprites in emerald*************

_-Davie-_
November 29th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Hmm i understand your prediciment, i had this problem not so long ago. It appears that sometimes even if the colours appear on the pallettes say in un.LZ-GBA the game does not infact support those colours, therefore when you use these colours they appear different in-game. Another reason for this could be that for instance you may have over-stepped the boundary for the sprite therefore changing the colours however i deem this less likely because usually the colours are changed or messed up much more.
Anyway hope this helps,
~Davie~

Slight problem with Overworld Sprite Editor. (Yes I used the search feature...)

When I try to import a sprite it pops up saying "Error during bitmap loading. The palette of the bitmap you are going to import is not a 16 color one." But the sprite had LESS than 16 colors on it. I even added more to make it 16 and it still said that.

Help?

Hmm well for this I would say that in-order for things to work it may be better to keep the same colours/pallette as the sprite your replacing, it may not be what you want but it may work out better.

There you go! :D

Simple question, I played this hack a while ago, really likeed it then lost it ::CRY::, it was a Yellow re-make on this thread and I can't get the attachment to work, and since the creator hasn't been active since August, I thought I'd ask here:

(It's on the thread "Pokémon Lightning Yellow" Sorry, but I have less than 15 posts and can't post the URL)

So if anybody still had a copy, or could download it for me (If it's a problem withmy PC) That'd be great ^_^

I thought I'd ask here instead of necroposting (O_O)

Thanks in advance
- Ryuu-san

Hey,
I think your best option is to check the post occassionally however if it doesnt pop up then you could try other websites like i think theres one called 'Emulation Unlimited' but you'll get lots of results if you simply google it. Either way those are your best hopes.
All the best,
~Davie~

I just exported Team Magma Grunt's sprite from a clean Pokémon Ruby ROM, and then imported it in the same ROM, replacing Brendan's sprite. I clicked "Write to ROM", and selected everything except "Auto abort if new data is bigger". When I started my ROM and slected "New Game", this is what I got:
*h*t*t*p*:*/*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*.*i*m*a*g*e*s*h*a*c*k*.*u*s*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*/*5*6*7*1*/*t*e*m*p*o*r*a*r*y*x*z*9*.*p*n*g* <-- Remove the *'s, I had to use them because my post count somehow dropped below 15 AGAIN... (EDIT: Had to place them again cuz I edited this post)
Can somebody please explain why this is happening? (I'm talking about the ROM, not the post o****)

EDIT: Another question.
When I enter one of the houses in one of my cities in one of my hacks (=D) the border of the map is purple. How can I make it black again? (please give me the number or offset of the block I have to use to make it black again) And when I check the map in AM, I can see I used a black block. Then why is it purple in the game?

Hey there,
In honesty I haven't checked the image however i understand that sprites have to be the same size (the actual sprite itself, not the box) and that you have to use the same colours/pallette as the sprite your replacing. As for your other question I'm afraid I don't know many offsets or whether thats the problem.
Anyhoo hope that helps,
~Davie~

if i creat a new cave entrance you can't enter it i set it to unknown 03 and you can only enter it at unkown 00 with a normal door if you are inside you can't exit the cave the exit is on water in Fire Red

Hey,
Sorry but im not entirely sure what you mean. It would help if you posted some pictures or explained in more depth. By the sounds of things i think your working in Advance Map, i would suggest you make sure you have the latest version and that you check each field has the correct data inserted in it. For not being able to exit correctly i would ensure that you have the warp tiles in the right places.
Best I Can Say,
~Davie~

is there a way to decompress the in-battle sprites of trainers and the main character so you can edit them in a programme like TLP? I don't understand Meowth's GFX Inserter and keep getting this message when I try to open AGIXP: 'System Error &H80070485 (-214702379).' so I'm looking for another way. Can anyone help me?

Bonjour,
Well to be honest i wouldn't suggest using "Meowth's GFX Inserter" and would recommend that you download programmes such as PokePic or un.LZ-GBA as these work the best for me. Luckily for you, both of these come with EliteMap.
All The Best,
~Davie~

This question has been asked before I know it, but I can't find the answer anymore. But here's the question: After importing an image for a new Pokemon using unLZ.GBA, messy pixels appear. Why is that? Didn't Scizz say something about repointing it?

I'll try and keep this sweet and simple. When inserting a new image for a Pokemon in unLZ.GBA you have to keep a few things in mind:
@keeping the pallette the same<unless you've edited it>
@keeping the sprite size the same (the actual sprite not the box)
@ and finally when you click write to rom you should tick every box apart from 'Auto abort if new data is bigger'.
Hope This Helps,
~Davie~

Blazichu
November 29th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Bonjour,
Well to be honest i wouldn't suggest using "Meowth's GFX Inserter" and would recommend that you download programmes such as PokePic or un.LZ-GBA as these work the best for me. Luckily for you, both of these come with EliteMap.
All The Best,
~Davie~

He was talking about Pokemon Gold, not advance hacks like FR/LG and R/S/E. I think you need to download a Dll file for Agixp to work.

moltres_flames
November 30th, 2006, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=_-Davie-_;2300547]

Bonjour,
All The Best,
~Davie~
QUOTE]

Sorry I should have been more specific:embarrass I meant for the gbc games, like gsc

beauty. proletariat
December 1st, 2006, 12:22 AM
Hey, umm, anutha question... I'm kinda slow, and cant find that question, but here it is:
well, i need to change where the character lands after he/she gets off the truck, and well, he goes to the wrong place...
is it a fly area? and if it is, well, how do i change it (formatting my comp and i forgot about backup xD)
well, if you need a picture with it..
have no fear, it is here!
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4141/untitledmh9.png
~NekroBoi~
PS: Thanx In Advance...

Prof. 9
December 1st, 2006, 03:45 AM
Hey, umm, anutha question... I'm kinda slow, and cant find that question, but here it is:
well, i need to change where the character lands after he/she gets off the truck, and well, he goes to the wrong place...
is it a fly area? and if it is, well, how do i change it (formatting my comp and i forgot about backup xD)
well, if you need a picture with it..
have no fear, it is here!

~NekroBoi~
PS: Thanx In Advance...
(had to remove the pic)
D'you see those "Boy" and "Girl" events? Just move them. The place where the "Boy" event is, is where the male hero will appear after coming out of the truck. The place where the "Girl" event is, is where the female here will appear after coming out of the truck. Just move them around a bit, save, open your rom and behold...

beauty. proletariat
December 1st, 2006, 03:58 PM
(had to remove the pic)
D'you see those "Boy" and "Girl" events? Just move them. The place where the "Boy" event is, is where the male hero will appear after coming out of the truck. The place where the "Girl" event is, is where the female here will appear after coming out of the truck. Just move them around a bit, save, open your rom and behold...

xD
I'm not that dull, i just dont know How to MOVE them... what program do i use?

Amachi
December 1st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Uhhh ... just click and drag. You should try and play around with the programs before you get started on your hack, just so y'know.

renatoap
December 1st, 2006, 07:02 PM
Hi i have been having problems lately with tile molester. I can work with it fine and the tutorials at wah help me. But i can't seem to find the offset to were the hero/heroine icon is. I want to change them and i have the icon ready. I tried putting them into over world sprite but they wouldn't work because it had a run time error. So i was wondering if anyone could give me the offsets of were those icons are located, also i'm hacking a ruby.us rom.

beauty. proletariat
December 1st, 2006, 10:42 PM
;2302451']Uhhh ... just click and drag. You should try and play around with the programs before you get started on your hack, just so y'know.

still dont work... is it my elite map or ruby rom... the room should be clean since i got it off MY RUBY (yeh, the actual card) game...

强有力
December 2nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Right I Am Having Trouble With A Script. I Inserted One But I Was Told I Got It Wrong. Can You Help??
I Needed A Script That People Move After You have Beaten The Elite 4. 2 Guards Will Move Out Of The Way Of The Route Of Legendaries!

Amoblaz
December 2nd, 2006, 09:35 AM
I am working on a firered hack, and I am trying to insert a new map, everything is going ok, except for this 1 thing.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8777/1637pokemonleafgreenverbi0.png
As you can see in the above picture, the border ain't changing, I am using Advance Map 1.82 Ive put a three in the place of the border, but thats what I always get, no matter what rom i use.

What can I do about this?

x24
December 2nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
^your map is having one of two problems, its either reading the chipset improperly or that is the side/corner of your map and you havent chosen an appropriate border for your map.. if its the second of the two, look in the map header (?) tab at the top (the last one) and change the boarder images.. its in the bottom left corner I think.. hope I was helpful..

Prof. 9
December 2nd, 2006, 11:53 PM
When I was editing some text in Advance Text, my eyes almost popped out of my head as I saw this text:
"DARKNESS TOWER Clear"
I clicked Resume.
"RED TOWER Clear"
I clicked Resume again.
"BLACKIRON TOWER Clear"
And clicked it again.
"FINAL TOWER Clear"
I clicked it one more time, and this popped up:
"Awarded for 50
straight wins at
the BATTLE TOWER." <-- Nothing interesting, eh?

Anyway, I copied the offset of one of these messages, converted them to hex and opened the offset in ScriptED.
ScriptED started loading an incredibly huge script, the same thing what happened when I opened Maxie's offset in the Seafloor Cavern.
Seems like I reached a dead end.

Now here's my question: Does anybody here know something about these towers? Is it a function only used in the beta? Do you need an E-Card for it? Anyhing else?...

强有力
December 3rd, 2006, 03:24 AM
I Added A Script To Try And Get The Pokemon Who Is First In Your Party To Come Out The Pokeball And Follow You But When I Did It It Didnt Work And A Dot Followed You Around. Then It Crashed??? Any Help?

michaelh
December 3rd, 2006, 06:21 AM
Got a few questions:
I'm hacking Fire Red

1. I want my Professor to enter a door on my map at 0008 x 0013.
Can someone make a script for that? I'm not too hot on scripting.

2. The Sprite for my Professor is not visible through the current script.
Does anyone know why?

3. Can I use Lunar Expand on a Fire Red ROM?

4. How do I make the cloud weather visible only through puddles, and not doorways and borders?

EDIT:
I found the script for the professor.
'-----------------------
#org 0x1655F9
jingle
setvar 0x4001 0x1
goto 0x8165605
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x165605
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
#raw 0xC7
nop
pause 0x1E
playsound 0x12E
nop
#raw 0x67
release
setmaptile 0x871 0x2866 0x55 0x4F68
#raw 0xFF
nop
#raw 0xED
#raw 0x75
copyvarifnotzero 0x5108 0x0
#raw 0x2F
copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xDB
#raw 0x75
pause 0x1E
#raw 0x55
return

Which bits are the co-ordinates to change, and How do I change them?

beauty. proletariat
December 4th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Got a few questions:
I'm hacking Fire Red

1. I want my Professor to enter a door on my map at 0008 x 0013.
Can someone make a script for that? I'm not too hot on scripting.

2. The Sprite for my Professor is not visible through the current script.
Does anyone know why?

3. Can I use Lunar Expand on a Fire Red ROM?

4. How do I make the cloud weather visible only through puddles, and not doorways and borders?

EDIT:
I found the script for the professor.
'-----------------------
#org 0x1655F9
jingle
setvar 0x4001 0x1
goto 0x8165605
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x165605
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
#raw 0xC7
nop
pause 0x1E
playsound 0x12E
nop
#raw 0x67
release
setmaptile 0x871 0x2866 0x55 0x4F68
#raw 0xFF
nop
#raw 0xED
#raw 0x75
#raw 0x2F
copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xDB
#raw 0x75
pause 0x1E
#raw 0x55
return

Which bits are the co-ordinates to change, and How do I change them?
you could just use elitemap...
ctrl+ click on the tile and you can change the behaviour...
but it would remove the steps the puddle would normally trace... no, i dont know how to give it two behaviours..

Cursed
December 5th, 2006, 03:58 PM
A few questions for my hack:
1. How do you make cutscenes happen in Emerald?
2. How do you insert those cutscenes into the game in the first place?
3. How can I activate the animation of the red/blue orb glowing in my game?

_-Davie-_
December 6th, 2006, 08:21 AM
A few questions for my hack:
1. How do you make cutscenes happen in Emerald?
2. How do you insert those cutscenes into the game in the first place?
3. How can I activate the animation of the red/blue orb glowing in my game?

In Return To Your Questions:
1. If you are talking about what i think you are you need to use script i would personally suggest downloading DiamondCutter (check the tools forum).
2.More or less what i'm referring to above. If you have no experience in this i would suggest learning how to use script or ask someone to teach you.
3.I'm a little unsure on what you are reffering to but once more scripting may be the solution.
A lot about scripting there huh? lol
All The Best,
~Davie~

Kaoskreator
December 6th, 2006, 02:56 PM
'RubIDE temporary file for recompilation.
#include "std.rbh"
'-----------------------
#org 0x1655ED
jingle
setvar 0x4001 0x0
goto 0x8165605
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x165605
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
#raw 0xC7
nop
pause 0x1E
playsound 0x12E
nop
#raw 0x67
#raw 0x2C
#raw 0xD7
#raw 0x17
jumpstd 0x66
pause 0x55
#raw 0x68
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x81A75ED
pause 0x0
#raw 0x2F
copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xDB
#raw 0x75
pause 0x1E
#raw 0x55
return

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#raw 9 'Up5
#raw B 'Right6
#raw 9 'Up4
#raw A 'Left1
#raw 9 'Up 2
#raw FE 'Exit

I'm /really/ new at scripting. What's wrong with this script? I've read the tutorials and commands sections in EliteMap alot and they don't help. BTW, It's for Oaks movements in pallet town (fire red). He starts at X:E, Y:12 and needs to go up 5, right 6, up 4, left 1, and up 2 to end up at X:13 Y:7 which is the exit. help much?

*Shinigami*
December 8th, 2006, 11:09 PM
O.K, I need help editing the title screen on Fire Red, Could somone please help me with the following:

1) The Charizard Pic
2) The Colours on the two bars
3) The Version logo
EDIT: And if possible the background (The large part that's usually green)

Thanks in advance, its really bugging me ^^;;

UnHoly
December 10th, 2006, 04:31 AM
just a quick question and hopefully someone can answer it for a newb rom hacker like me to understand anyway onto the question,

how can i rearrange maps within pokemon emerald, either in Advance map or Elitemap

TreeckoLv.100
December 10th, 2006, 04:51 AM
It's best to use AdvanceMap for all your mapping needs. Use the Connection Manager to change the connections to your likings:)

UnHoly
December 10th, 2006, 04:56 AM
ok thanks for the help treeko

gamepoint
December 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM
How does the ScriptEd function "Multi" work???

(multi bLeft bTop bList bCancel)

DiamondDust
December 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
This is answered but if it ain't ...
How do i make and insert tiles in? and not just that how do i make the animation for it like when you step on grass it goes bright?

Sharanza
December 11th, 2006, 12:26 PM
This is answered but if it ain't ...
How do i make and insert tiles in? and not just that how do i make the animation for it like when you step on grass it goes bright?

you can make them whit paint
insert the whit unzlgba or advance map
and change the animations whit tlp

ShadowPanzer
December 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
ok i really need help. To start, i am tryying to make a new hack using new starter pkmn in silver version. the thing is that after i change the starter pkmn, once you select your 1st pkmn you are not allowed to go out of new bark town because the girl thinks you don't have a pkmn. the funny thing is that before you go to Elms lab, you are able to get out of the town.

so in short i need help badly:P

SSJ4 Furanki
December 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Um I want to know how to make the Johto stater event happen earlier in emerald if someone can tell me thanks.

Blackheart
December 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Ok, since my previous topic has been deleted, i think i'll just have to ask them again. Also, i'd like to say that the search command in the Simple Questions thread Doesn't work for me (It doesn't load), which is why i try to get my answers by making this topic.
Please, please try to answer them and don't delete my topic again. I don't want to spend hours looking for the answers in the Simple Questions thread.

1. How do i customize wild Pokemon and which tools do i need?
2. I have a text editor, Advance-Text, but it can't make lines any longer than they were before. Does someone know a tool which can edit texts and make them longer then they used to be?

I'm making a hack of Pokemon Silver, just in case you need to know.

Edit: Whoever moved my post into this topic, thanks. The "last page" button didn't work too earlier today =P

Blazichu
December 12th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Ok, since my previous topic has been deleted, i think i'll just have to ask them again. Also, i'd like to say that the search command in the Simple Questions thread Doesn't work for me (It doesn't load), which is why i try to get my answers by making this topic.
Please, please try to answer them and don't delete my topic again. I don't want to spend hours looking for the answers in the Simple Questions thread.

1. How do i customize wild Pokemon and which tools do i need?
2. I have a text editor, Advance-Text, but it can't make lines any longer than they were before. Does someone know a tool which can edit texts and make them longer then they used to be?

I'm making a hack of Pokemon Silver, just in case you need to know.

Edit: Whoever moved my post into this topic, thanks. The "last page" button didn't work too earlier today =P

GoldMap can edit the Pokemon under the Tab "Wild Pokemon" and Advance -Text does not work with Pokemon Silver you need to use Poketext or an Hex-editor to edit the text, you can make text longer by repointing the text in a text editor.

Blackheart
December 13th, 2006, 03:18 AM
GoldMap can edit the Pokemon under the Tab "Wild Pokemon" and Advance -Text does not work with Pokemon Silver you need to use Poketext or an Hex-editor to edit the text, you can make text longer by repointing the text in a text editor.

I found GoldMap with relative ease, but looking through the tools thread and google i still couldn't find Poketext. Can you give me a link to a site where i can download it?

Blazichu
December 13th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Here is Poketext: Download Here (http://www.4shared.com/file/4813253/fbdb6e96/fixedbeta.html)

Blackheart
December 13th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Another question from me. It's about GoldMap this time.
When i click on "Wild Pokemons", it always says "Sorry this map hasn't wild Pokemon data or isn't found yet." So i tried to find routes, but wherever i search, i don't find them. So could you give me a small tutorial about how to find and edit them?

Also, i don't know how to load the roms on EliteMap.

(Sorry for all the question by the way)

Blazichu
December 13th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Another question from me. It's about GoldMap this time.
When i click on "Wild Pokemons", it always says "Sorry this map hasn't wild Pokemon data or isn't found yet." So i tried to find routes, but wherever i search, i don't find them. So could you give me a small tutorial about how to find and edit them?

Also, i don't know how to load the roms on EliteMap.

(Sorry for all the question by the way)

Try using this tool to Edit the Wild Pokemon in Silver: Download Here (http://www.4shared.com/file/7341994/fc99f67d/Wildd__41500_.html)

Blackheart
December 13th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Sorry Blazichu, that program doesn't work either. It says that i have to install version v2.0.50215 from .Net Framework. Thanks for your time, though. I'll just try and search through the forums again to see if i can find any GoldMap tutorials.

Blazichu
December 13th, 2006, 04:13 AM
What version of Goldmap are you using? Also if you haven't extracted from the zip that could be why because you need all the files that come with it to function.

Blackheart
December 13th, 2006, 04:22 AM
I'm using version 1.4 of GoldMap. It's the only one i could find, actually.

Blazichu
December 13th, 2006, 04:27 AM
That is probably why then, try using GoldMap 1.6: Download Here (http://www.4shared.com/file/4813254/65bffb35/goldmap16.html)

Blackheart
December 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Thanks for your help, Blazichu. Although i ment something else, i now have an Advance-Map thing that works with Pokemon Silver, which was something else that i still needed too =)

Anyways, to prevent confusion again, let me ask the question in a different way:

Does anyone know how to customize Pokemon, so they have new attacks, a new name and new sprites?

Edit: Ok, editing Pokemon Silver seems to be pretty hard... It was easier with Pokemon Emerald. So i'm going to edit Pokemon Emerald from now on, so i'd like to have my answer in a way which will be best for Pokemon Emerald. Thanks =)

_-Davie-_
December 13th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks for your help, Blazichu. Although i ment something else, i now have an Advance-Map thing that works with Pokemon Silver, which was something else that i still needed too =)

Anyways, to prevent confusion again, let me ask the question in a different way:

Does anyone know how to customize Pokemon, so they have new attacks, a new name and new sprites?

Edit: Ok, editing Pokemon Silver seems to be pretty hard... It was easier with Pokemon Emerald. So i'm going to edit Pokemon Emerald from now on, so i'd like to have my answer in a way which will be best for Pokemon Emerald. Thanks =)

Right Here Goes,
For what your aiming to do, i believe it would be easier to do it with seperate tools. For ALL of these use the links in the temporary tool forum. For new attacks i would suggest using A-Tack. For a new name i would suggest merely using A-Text and searching for the text you wish to change. And For new sprites you would have to create your image first and then import it over the sprite you wish to replace (make sure the sprites are the same size), i would suggest PokePic or unLZ.GBA both of which you can get with EliteMap.
Right Hope That Helps :D,
~Davie~

bobpickle
December 13th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I searched the thread and still never found the answer to my problem, im quite new to Advancedmapping, and its probably an easy question to a lot of you

Im trying to create a new event and basically I dont know how?

I have loaded the map, clicked on the events view tab, adjusted the number of people/signposts/warps/scripts in the event manager box in the right sidebar and then clicked change events, thats where i get stuck, a window pops up, i dont really know what to do then.

Django0
December 14th, 2006, 06:28 AM
why isnt there any text in my advance text example i clicked on rival intro there isnt text

image (http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4730/naamloosix1.png)

and why issnt there text in N E A

image (http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4295/naamloos2xg2.png)

Blackheart
December 14th, 2006, 06:58 AM
And another question of the newbie hacker: Moi.

I'm creating my own customized Pokemon, and i'm having no problem with A-tack and A-text. Piece of cake.
However, i have problems with using PokePic. When i click "Open Rom" and i try to open my rom, it doesn't load. How do i open my rom on PokePic?

Mr Snrub
December 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Pokepic is only compatible with Ruby and Sapphire sorry, not Fire Red or Leaf Green

Fushigidane
December 14th, 2006, 05:28 PM
How do I make Prof. Oak give you your Pokedex after beating a certain trainer instead of getting Oak's Parcel?

How do I make a trainer and a person right next to him disappear after you talk to him after beating him?

And on Route 21, I've editted both of the Grass Pokemon to be the same Pokemon with the same levels and the same Frequency Index (21). I took out the Water and Fishing Pokemon and made the frequency 21 because that's what the rest of the routes were (it was 14). But instead of the Pokemon I have set, I find wild Sunflora of random levels. How can I fix this?

This is all on Advance Map, by the way.

ash2000
December 14th, 2006, 05:36 PM
does anyone know how to create a flightspot in pokemon ruby?

TreeckoLv.100
December 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM
You may edit them using AdvanceMap. In the "Events" tab, there is a "F" square, that is the "Flight Position". Where ever you move that square, that is where you will land.

ash2000
December 14th, 2006, 06:01 PM
I dint mean to edit them!I asked,How to create an Flightspot

bobpickle
December 14th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I figured out my question, no need to answer it.

I created a new event, i just need to make it functional now

Blackheart
December 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Pokepic is only compatible with Ruby and Sapphire sorry, not Fire Red or Leaf Green

I'm not using Fire Red or Leaf Green... I'm using Emerald. Isn't PokePic compatible with Emerald either?

Blazichu
December 15th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I think only Ruby and Sapphire can be used with Pokepic, use Unlz.gba instead to insert your sprites into Emerald.

Blackheart
December 15th, 2006, 08:08 AM
I'm still having some problems with PokePic.

When i import a new picture of how the Pokemon has to look like, it looks like this:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/971/naamloossc0.png

Can someone tell me what i did wrong?

*Shinigami*
December 15th, 2006, 11:06 AM
That's simple Blackheart (^_~)

An important rule in hacking using pokepic or pretty much any program that edits sprites, is that you can insert a sprite with the same ammount of pixels or LESS than the one your replacing, does that make sense?

So for example, you've probably tried to insert too bigger sprite, and that's why when you go back to it, it looks odd.

SephirothX
December 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM
I'm having trouble with a map. I inserted a new map in AdvanceMap, set all the pointers, and got the events set up right, but when I try to go there through a warp I made, the game freezes. Any ideas?

duskull_seviper
December 15th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I hope this is not closed but, is there a program to hack the little movie at the start or the start screen? If so, the please tell the name me so I can Google it.

SephirothX
December 15th, 2006, 12:04 PM
No, but with unLZ, you could edit the sprites in the video.

duskull_seviper
December 15th, 2006, 12:06 PM
No, but with unLZ, you could edit the sprites in the video.

Thank you. This will realy help me.

Blackheart
December 15th, 2006, 12:07 PM
That's simple Blackheart (^_~)

An important rule in hacking using pokepic or pretty much any program that edits sprites, is that you can insert a sprite with the same ammount of pixels or LESS than the one your replacing, does that make sense?

So for example, you've probably tried to insert too bigger sprite, and that's why when you go back to it, it looks odd.

It still doesn't work. I'll show you people what i mean by using pictures, because then i can be more clear, just in case. Also, i want you to see my first created Pokemon =)

Anyways, here we have Chartini:
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/4113/chartiniri0.png

A funny little Pokemon isn't he? Now let's take a look at Charizard.
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7206/naamlooslc0.png

Chartini obviously seems to exist out of a lot less pixels. But still, this happens:
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/9885/naamloosni6.png

Is there any other thing that can cause this to happen? Or did i still do something wrong if you look at the amount of pixels? =(

SSJ4 Furanki
December 15th, 2006, 12:11 PM
The problem might be is the sprite has to be 64 by 64 pixels and the backgrounds has to match and you have to go into photoshop and save it as a 16 bit png file or save the charizard pic and in paint just go over the charizard should work:D

SephirothX
December 15th, 2006, 01:19 PM
The problem might be is the sprite has to be 64 by 64 pixels and the backgrounds has to match and you have to go into photoshop and save it as a 16 bit png file or save the charizard pic and in paint just go over the charizard should work:D
Not 16-bit: 16-color. I'd suggest that you convert that sprite to Charizard's original palette by copy+pasting the sprite over Charizard in Paint, then just saving it. Then you should be able to insert it.
So, any help with my map problems?

ShadowPanzer
December 15th, 2006, 04:11 PM
ok i really need help. To start, i am tryying to make a new hack using new starter pkmn in silver version. the thing is that after i change the starter pkmn, once you select your 1st pkmn you are not allowed to go out of new bark town because the girl thinks you don't have a pkmn. the funny thing is that before you go to Elms lab, you are able to get out of the town.

so in short i need help badly

Blazichu
December 15th, 2006, 05:18 PM

so in short i need help badly

This is probably an involvement with the triggers in New Bark Town, you could just move the triggers so the triggers don't function on the map of New Bark Town, or you could just try again with a new silver rom as it might not be working properly.

MykehDoom
December 15th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Okay Im editing Bulbasaur in my Ruby hack and the tool Dexter with EliteMap wont let me input text in the info about the Pokemon. Anyone have another tool or an idea of why it wont?

Prof. 9
December 16th, 2006, 12:22 AM
I USED THE SEARCH AND FOUND NOTHING.

Does anybody know how to make an event invisible to see for the player, until another event is triggered or until a certain flag is on?

Blackheart
December 16th, 2006, 02:14 AM
For a new name i would suggest merely using A-Text and searching for the text you wish to change.

I tried to change the name with A-text, but it couldn't find any Pokemon names. Does anyone have an other idea how to change a Pokemon's name?

Also, i'm having problems with giving my custom Pokemon a new icon. Importing Pokemon sprites and putting them in the game is a piece of cake now that i know how to do it, but the icon acts weird. You see the icon going like this: Chartini-Cyndaquil-Chartini-Cyndaquil, etc, and the colors of my customized icon change.
How can i solve this?

TreeckoLv.100
December 16th, 2006, 02:27 AM
I tried to change the name with A-text, but it couldn't find any Pokemon names. Does anyone have an other idea how to change a Pokemon's name?

Also, i'm having problems with giving my custom Pokemon a new icon. Importing Pokemon sprites and putting them in the game is a piece of cake now that i know how to do it, but the icon acts weird. You see the icon going like this: Chartini-Cyndaquil-Chartini-Cyndaquil, etc, and the colors of my customized icon change.
How can i solve this?

You should use NEA to change the Pokemon names. You can get it here (http://rhtools.scizz.com/index.php?dir=RSE/&AutoIndex2=e23f09f7860e7a2b4448647859c882e8). And for the icon problem, use IconEd. I'm not sure if you can import the pic though.

Blazichu
December 16th, 2006, 02:31 AM
You can't import the icons using IconEd, I think no program can yet, try to insert them using Tile Layer Pro.