PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Simple Questions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Blackheart
December 16th, 2006, 05:27 AM
You can't import the icons using IconEd,

You can, by just pressing this:
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4691/naamlooszb2.png

The actual translation is "Import Creation". When i clicked that, the Pokemon had that icon! Thanks Treecko!

Blazichu
December 16th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Oh, I think the english version can't I thought you had that one.

Prof. 9
December 16th, 2006, 07:08 AM
I'm trying to make a movement script for Pokémon Emerald (US).

This is my script:
#org 0xE3CF64
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0xF3CF64
pause 0x90
applymovement 0x9 0xF5CF64
pause 0x10
message 0xF6CF64
boxset 0x2

#org 0xF3CF64
#binary 4 4 4 4 4 4 7 7 4 4 4 4 7 FE

#org 0xF5CF64
#binary 56 FE

#org 0xF6CF64
= This script works!

(I was only testing it out in a backup of my rom, which is also US Emerald)
Basically, I want the player to step 6 blocks down, then 2 to the right, then 4 down, then 1 to the right, then make a ! appear above the Proffesor's head (people no. 9).

But when I step on the tile the script is on, the game just freezes. The music still plays, though.

When I, angrily, open my ROM in ScriptEd, then load the script's offset, this shows up:

#org 0xE3CF64
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x8F3CF64
pause 0x90
applymovement 0x9 0x8F5CF64
pause 0x10
msgbox 0x8F6CF64 '"FAB0BABEF6CF64"
callstd 0x2
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
And so on...

So, can anyone tell me what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Christos
December 16th, 2006, 07:28 AM
You're missing the "end" command at the end of the script.
And maybe it freezed because you didn't put something in "Unknown" and "Flag Number". Try something else.

Prof. 9
December 16th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I don't really understand (i'm a bit new at scripting, the only thing I can do is make a simple message script). Can you make your explanation a bit easier, or maybe show an example of how a working movement script (Emerald, US version) has to look like?

bobpickle
December 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Ok i might as well ask you guys this question.
Im new to hacking however, I think i have conquered advancedmap (not fully but i know the basics)
my next hacking goal is to learn to insert new scripts and modify texts and so on. Ive searched this board and I think it has been explained to a bit more experienced hackers who know how to modify offsets and so on, but could anyone maybe explain to me how this is done?

TreeckoLv.100
December 16th, 2006, 11:28 AM
bobpickle - I have prepared a tutorial, but it hasn't been posted in the Documents section. I'll attach it here.

Haowakeorden
December 16th, 2006, 11:39 AM
How do you change the Pokémon encounter with Wally so that he catches a female Ralts instead of a male one?

BuizeruChick
December 16th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I am trying to edit the battles in a Ruby game. However, when I open the ROM, instead of the trainer names I get random symbols. Do I have a bad ROM?

Blaziken626
December 17th, 2006, 03:52 PM
When I open the raw file of my sprite, the pallet is completely different from what it is in unLZ-GBA. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Also, is there a way to search for a pallete (using an offset) without having to go one pallet at a time?

TreeckoLv.100
December 18th, 2006, 06:21 AM
All you need to do is check the "Export Palette" box after you click "Write to rom".

Btw, I know I'm not a mod or anything, but next time can you post this question in the "Simple Questions" thread. Reason, if no one answers you when you make your own thread, like this way, Scizz, Jeremy, or Hiroshi will close lock it because qusetions like this doesn't belong here. It was said many times.

SSJ4 Furanki
December 18th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Um i have a problem im trying to hack gold only problem is the tools are all in german can some on help

Blazichu
December 18th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Um i have a problem im trying to hack gold only problem is the tools are all in german can some on help

Gold isn't very hard to hack basically if it is Agixp 4.11, I have created a Tutorial on how to use it here: Agixp Tutorial (http://www.mediamax.com/blazichu/Hosted/Agixp%20Tutorial.zip)

But basically only for gold you need a hex-editor, a mapping tool and a tile-editting tool.

Blackheart
December 19th, 2006, 03:23 AM
I think i'm starting to get well known here with my questions... Because i've got another one!

I've made myself some custom Pokemon, and now i want to edit their text info on the Pokedex. I wanted to edit this text with A-text, so that's what i tried. But when i looked at the Pokedex, the text was all weird. I'll show you what i mean with some pictures:

This is how the text used to be:
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5412/naamloosvp4.png

And here you see me changing the text:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9783/naamloosxk3.png

And this is how it looks now:
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/9718/naamloosrz1.png

Can anyone help me? :'(

Roxie Mika
December 19th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Save the text again, but this time check off the "Special Dialog" box. And remember to do that every time you save a PokeDEX entry.

Blackheart
December 19th, 2006, 03:36 AM
It worked! Thanks! yay! :D

Shiny_Latios
December 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Can someone tell me how to add palletes to pokemon without a hex editor

SSJ4 Furanki
December 19th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Blazichu can you send it as a txt file my computers MS Word is a little Dee Dee Dee right now.

Blaziken626
December 19th, 2006, 02:49 PM
(I posted this in a different thread which I didn't realize was over a month. Sorry about that.)
I can't open TileEd 2002. When I do, a pop-up says:

Component 'FlatBtn6.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

If no one can help, could anyone point me out to a tutorial on Tile Molester instead?

Blazichu
December 19th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Blazichu can you send it as a txt file my computers MS Word is a little Dee Dee Dee right now.

I could put it in a txt Document, but if you have "WordPad" (not Notepad) you could open the file with that instead. Just right click then go to Open With... then select WordPad.

SSJ4 Furanki
December 19th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Ive got both blazichu. i just need to know what to do

Blazichu
December 19th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Ive got both blazichu. i just need to know what to do

Could you get it to open in WordPad?

If you can't Pm me your email address and I'll put it in an email. It has pictures that is why I couldn't put it into Notepad.

D-Trogh
December 20th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Hi all!
I've a problem with TileMolester
When I try to open it it says:
Load_Settings_Error
no protocol: settings.dtd

When I push OK it says:
XML parser IO error:
no protocol: tmspec.dtd
When I Push OK, it closes..
Help me plss

w_rink_ly
December 20th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Hi. I hav searched this thread (more than once) for the answer and cant find it. My question has already been asked but not answered, I dont think (see quote). My question is (like in the quote) how to insert overworld sprites instead of replacing them. I use overworld sprite editor rebirth. I find that changing the pallet of one overworld sprite, in the process of changing its appearance, will change the pallets of other overworld sprites as well. I hope that inserting overworld sprites will resolve this. Do i need to repoint data? If so how would I go about it?

Thank you in advance for the help,
W_rink_ly

Hi guys , i have a few questions that are realy important to my hack,

1. does anyone know how i can insert a whole new tileset? not replacing an old one like inersting an entire new one .

2. Is it possible to create room for overworld sprites , for example: in a ruby rom when you edit overworlds with overworld editor there are 217 editable sprites, i want to know if i can create like new banks for more , and if i can change the sizes ....

Please someone answer back soon , Even if its really complex like advance hexing i really need to get this done, well in advance ... thanks

SW11 all day everyday

Crystal ALpha-Star+
December 20th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Say I am making a legendary pokemon battle, how do I make it so that it will always appear shiny. What tools should I use.

martijn
December 20th, 2006, 07:28 AM
I've asked something like that aswell but my thread got deleted immediately, to initiate the Red Gyarados battle.

And I'm trying some hacking of LeafGreen aswell now, but I just don't get unLZ-GBA, I can't get a clear image by adjusting the pallet of for example the first image ("1") wich seems like a member from the Pidgey family.

Also, I'd like to edit the techology guy in Pallet Town to give a Pokemon to you using ScriptEd, but it's pretty difficult.
Could anyone lend me a hand? Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: Oh, and does someone have the missing offsets for pokeroms.ini?
What I have is:
Inherit = BPRE
Name = Pokémon Leaf Green (E)
Language = 0
AttackNames = &H24707D
ItemNames = &H3DAE64
TrainerClasses = &H23E534
TrainerData = &H23EACD
AttackTable = &H257470
AttackNameList = &H24707D
MapLabels = &H3F1AE8
SpriteBase = &H3A3B90
SpriteColors = &H36D808
SpriteNormalSet = &H3A377C
SpriteSmallSet = &H3A3728
SpriteLargeSet = &H3A37D0
And what I'm missing is:

MonsterNames
TrainerPics
TrainerPals
TrainerPicCount
MonsterPics
MonsterPals
MonsterPicCount
MapHeaders
Maps
HomeLevel
AttackTable
AttackNameList

BuizeruChick
December 20th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I am trying to edit the battles in a Ruby game. However, when I open the ROM, instead of the trainer names I get random symbols. Do I have a bad ROM?

I have tried this with at least 5 different ROMs. The same thing has happened with all of them! Do I have a bad EliteMap? I have tried Version 3.7 and version 3.6

What is going on?!

jnzooger
December 20th, 2006, 08:18 PM
I searched for an answer for this, but I just got a bunch of random threads...

Anyway, how would I go about, in Pokémon Blue (US):

Changing the slot machines in Celedon
Changing the Unknown Dungeon to the Japanese Red/Green dungeon with all items including hidden items
Changing the in-game trade Pokémon
Changing the border for Super Game Boy features
Changing the title screen
Changing the wild Pokémon in all routes

Sorry to ask so many questions, a lot of people are relying on me. :laugh: I don't know why. I only promised to find the changes originally. :P

Mr Snrub
December 20th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Also, I'd like to edit the techology guy in Pallet Town to give a Pokemon to you using ScriptEd, but it's pretty difficult.
Could anyone lend me a hand? Thanks in advance! :)
Try this. This is modified from a script Christos gave me.

#org 0x800000
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
givepokemon 0x(POKEMON HEX HERE) 0x(LEVEL HERE) 0x0
(MSGBOX AND FANFARE SCRIPTS HERE)
release
end

AquaLeaderMatt
December 21st, 2006, 05:02 AM
Hi. I was wondering, is there any way to change how quickly the Daycare raises your Pokémon in FireRed? Is there a tool or a gameshark code that can help me?

martijn
December 21st, 2006, 07:57 AM
Okay, I now have this code:

'-----------------------
#org 0x16580B
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
msgbox 0x817D7E9 '"Technology is incred..."
givepokemon 0xF6 0x09 0x01
fanfare 0x212
waitfanfare
callstd 0x2
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x17D7E9
= Technology is incredible!\pYou can now store and recall items\nand POKéMON as data via PC.

Am I missing something or is this correct? And is there a list of hex codes somewhere (I did search for it before you suggest that) for Pokemon, items and levels? The code above should give you a Larvitar but I'd like to change that to a Marill.
Edit: Yes, it worked but the tech guy didn't say his text, and you can get unlimited Larvitars. I'd like to have him say his say something, then have a yes/no box and after that you got it have him say something else.

frank$or
December 21st, 2006, 11:33 AM
Okay, I now have this code:

'-----------------------
#org 0x16580B
setflag 0x828
setflag 0x829
msgbox 0x817D7E9 '"Technology is incred..."
givepokemon 0xF6 0x09 0x01
fanfare 0x212
waitfanfare
callstd 0x2
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x17D7E9
= Technology is incredible!\pYou can now store and recall items\nand POKéMON as data via PC.

Am I missing something or is this correct? And is there a list of hex codes somewhere (I did search for it before you suggest that) for Pokemon, items and levels? The code above should give you a Larvitar but I'd like to change that to a Marill.
Edit: Yes, it worked but the tech guy didn't say his text, and you can get unlimited Larvitars. I'd like to have him say his say something, then have a yes/no box and after that you got it have him say something else.

it haves to be: msgbox 0x17D7E9 '"Technology is incred..." and not: msgbox 0x817D7E9 '"Technology is incred..."

anyway.. my question =)

For some strange reason i can't use scriptED.
Because of that, i tried diamondcutter.
It did work, but after 30 mins or something, there came an error in VBA.
it said something about the bios file missing, or the bios file was wrong.
After i selected a rom ( for the bios file ) it said 'Bios file to big'
What i have to do? i can't play my hack anymore! :3

charimon
December 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
@martijn:
u mean like ask if you want, YES/NO, if YES give poke, if NO say tekst.

and the reason u get unlimited Larvitars is because u don't have checkflag ;)

anyway here is the script:

#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x1 0x9C1490
message 0x9c1500
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 0x9C1480
givepokemon 0x7B 5 0x0
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
fanfare 0x212
message 0x9C1600
boxset 0x2
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1570
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1490
message 0x9C1540
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Do you want to take care of SCYTHER?
#org 0x9C1540
= Thanks for taking care of SCYTHER.
#org 0x9C1570
= Know what you are doing!
#org 0x9C1600
= \v\h01 obtained a SCYTHER!

just change the hex, the give poke code and the text.
it works for me so i hope also for you ;)

Blaziken626
December 21st, 2006, 01:48 PM
How do I use PokeCry? I want to edit a Pokemon's cry, but I don't know how. PLEASE help!

Auron
December 22nd, 2006, 08:07 AM
I'm hacking a Pokémon Red...(Yes, old version...) and I need some tools...

1.- How can I change the Pokémon's names ??
2.- How can I change the attacks' names ??
3.- Any good tool for changing the text ??

That's all for now. Thanks in advance.

Cursed
December 23rd, 2006, 07:05 PM
Would anyone happen to know how the block editor of advancemap works? I am unable to replace the tilesets because the load tileset command is grayed-out.

Blaziken626
December 23rd, 2006, 07:37 PM
Would anyone happen to know how the block editor of advancemap works? I am unable to replace the tilesets because the load tileset command is grayed-out.

Did you try going to Picture, then saving the tileset and loading the new one? Because when you save the tileset from Picture, it saves the tileset to the right, and you can edit that. It worked for me.

Cursed
December 23rd, 2006, 08:41 PM
It didn't work. I'm assuming that we're talking about two different things though; I want to import a tileset with custom graphics, not draw them out on the block editor.

Blackheart
December 24th, 2006, 01:23 AM
My question: How can i make a Pokemon learn other attacks in (maybe) other levels?

frank$or
December 24th, 2006, 03:37 AM
could anybody explain how the warp and the applymovement command in an script work?

dakelland12
December 24th, 2006, 05:42 AM
can i make another warp so i can go in to buildings that i have made and how? please i realy want to know

w_rink_ly
December 24th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Hi. I have been hacking ruby AXVE and I have run into a little problem. I was editing the attacks of pokemon using pokemon amplifier 2006 AE and I decided to add some new attacks to some pokemon (i.e.: instead of replacing old ones add completly new ones too). Everyting was fine till i realized that when i did this some pokemon's attack lists started to combine with others. So lets say I added 5 more attack slots to bellosom - great, but when i add more attack slots to any other pokemon, bellosom will have both attack lists like a "run-on" attack list. It looks like I will have to repoint some stuff but I'm not sure how the attacks of pokemon are stored, where I can find them, or how I would go about repointing them. So plz, any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
W_rink_ly

Blaziken626
December 24th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Hi. I have been hacking ruby AXVE and I have run into a little problem. I was editing the attacks of pokemon using pokemon amplifier 2006 AE and I decided to add some new attacks to some pokemon (i.e.: instead of replacing old ones add completly new ones too). Everyting was fine till i realized that when i did this some pokemon's attack lists started to combine with others. So lets say I added 5 more attack slots to bellosom - great, but when i add more attack slots to any other pokemon, bellosom will have both attack lists like a "run-on" attack list. It looks like I will have to repoint some stuff but I'm not sure how the attacks of pokemon are stored, where I can find them, or how I would go about repointing them. So plz, any advice would be appreciated!

I've run into a similar problem in PET. When I add more Pokemon to a trainer's party, the first Pokemon from the following trainer's party becomes the one I added to the previous trainer. And vice-versa. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Blaziken626
December 24th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Depends on which version the one with more choices i know how to use

What do you mean by 'the one with more choices'? Because I use PokeCryGUI, which comes with EliteMap.

I also have another problem. Using unLZ-GBA, I exported the sprite of Sceptile and edited it. Then I imported it, and it looked fine. But after I did the whole Write to ROM thing, went to a different sprite, and then went back to the Sceptile one, the black color in the sprite was replaced with the background color. Did I do something wrong? Because I've done this before and the problem hasn't happened sometimes.

w_rink_ly
December 25th, 2006, 04:04 AM
I've run into a similar problem in PET. When I add more Pokemon to a trainer's party, the first Pokemon from the following trainer's party becomes the one I added to the previous trainer. And vice-versa. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I was able to fix my problem. From doing a little reading, I found out that the attacks a pokemon learns are stored in hex but are recognised by converting it to binary (they gave example: to learn pound on lv 1 is 1000000001 in binary and 0201 in hex - or something like that). So what I did was change the problem pokemon so that it learnt pound on lv 1 for first 8 attack slots then I searched the rom for 0102 (remember to switch the byte around) 8 times in a row. It worked. Once I knew the offset of the problem pokemon I just manually repointed to empty space and edited the attacks from there so that it had the right number of attack slots.

So regarding the PET problem, maybe if you could find out how the number of pokemon a trainer has are stored, you could change them all to a pokemon the hex value of which you know and then search the rom for that value. Once you've done that you can repoint to empty space and your problem is hopefully solved...

Hehehe guess this was a learning curve for all of us

dakelland12
December 25th, 2006, 05:53 AM
hi can some one please help me with scripted please i dont realy understand how it work

Blaziken626
December 25th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to change a palette step-by-step? I just don't understand it! Or if there is already a thread about it, could you tell me where it is?

light_trainer921
December 26th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I'm making a hack next year but I making overworld sprites now the question is can I edit overworlds sprites without editing some sprites because I want to make some trainers unique sprites. If I can, how?

PS: Sorry I didn't search before posting to this thread because there are so many pages that I couldn't read them all.

~Red
December 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM
I'm hacking pokemon ruby (US) But when i go to put a munchlax sprite on sprite 252 (POKEPIC) It says the pics to big and the PALs (?) to big! Help plz!

Thanx in advance.

dakelland12
December 26th, 2006, 01:22 PM
hi i have got scripted but rubicon opens up in notepad document how can i change this? because i can not scripted or can someone else help me scripted like do it for me and be a part of the hack?

light_trainer921
December 27th, 2006, 05:04 AM
How can I make unLZ.GBA to work. All I see are palletes.

ASHYLEGS
December 27th, 2006, 06:17 AM
I'm using Advance Starter and I got the names of the Pokemon to appear but I can't edit them. I'm using Emerald.

Cursed
December 27th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Is it possible to hack 3d games such as Pokemon stadium, and if so, how?

DiamondDust
December 27th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Is it possible to hack 3d games such as Pokemon stadium, and if so, how?

I say no, it's really doubtful to think that, maybe in 10 years time.

martijn
December 27th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I've created a XML play list for Sappy to be used for FireRed. It's not perfect yet, so I'd like it if people would check the descriptions and verify/correct them.
Just add the code just above "</sappy>" at the end of the sappy.xml-file.
Well, here's the code:
<rom code="BPRE" name="Pokémon FireRed" songtable="0x4A32CC" creator="Gamefreak">
<playlist name="Towns">
<song track="300">Pallet Town</song>
<song track="314">Viridian City</song>
<song track="335">Pewter City</song>
<song track="308">Cerulean City, Fuchsia, etc..</song>
<song track="313">Vermillion City</song>
<song track="309">Celadon City</song>
<song track="267">Vendaturf Town (R/S/E)(?)</song>
<song track="336">Slateport City (R/S/E)(?)</song>
<song track="337">Reminds me of a G/S/C town</song>
</playlist>
<playlist name="Routes">
<song track="291">Routes #1</song>
<song track="293">Routes #2</song>
<song track="294">Routes #3 (?)</song>
<song track="295">Victory Road</song>
<song track="305">Sea route</song>
<song track="306">Lavender Tower #1</song>
<song track="280">Lavender Tower #2</song>
<song track="288">Mt. Moon</song>
<song track="307">Rocket HQ</song>
<song track="331">Rock routes</song>
<song track="289">Power Plant (?)</song>
<song track="334">Viridian Forest #1</song>
<song track="287">Viridian Forest #2</song>
<song track="264">Evolving/Safari Zone</song>
<song track="274">Lavender Tower-type song</song>
<song track="279">Cinnabar Island (?)</song>
</playlist>
<playlist name="Houses etc.">
<song track="301">Oaks lab</song>
<song track="302">Oaks jingle</song>
<song track="275">Gyms</song>
<song track="344">Gyms (R/S/E) (?)</song>
<song track="326">Celadon gamecorner #1</song>
<song track="327">Celadon gamecorner #2</song>
<song track="330">Celadon gamecorner #3</song>
<song track="269">Celadon gamecorner #4 (win)</song>
<song track="273">Celadon gamecorner #5</song>
<song track="303">Pokémon Center #1</song>
<song track="328">Pokémon Center #2</song>
<song track="256">Pokémon Center #3 (just healed)</song>
<song track="281">Pokémon Center #4 (healing?)</song>
</playlist>
<playlist name="Battle">
<song track="298">Normal Pokémon battle #1</song>
<song track="341">Normal Pokémon battle #2 (?)</song>
<song track="340">Normal Pokémon battle (R/S/E) (?)</song>
<song track="310">Victory #1</song>
<song track="311">Victory #2</song>
<song track="257">Victory #3</song>
<song track="258">Victory #4</song>
<song track="259">Victory #5 (R/S/E)</song>
<song track="260">Victory #6 (R/S/E)</song>
<song track="261">Victory #7 (R/S/E)</song>
<song track="262">Victory #8 (R/S/E)</song>
<song track="299">Rival battle (?) (R/S/E)</song>
<song track="312">Gym victory</song>
<song track="296">Gym battle/League battle</song>
<song track="315">Gary's theme #1</song>
<song track="316">Gary's theme #2</song>
<song track="342">Gary's theme #3 (?)</song>
<song track="297">Rival battle/normal battle (?)</song>
<song track="319">Normal battle victorie #1</song>
<song track="322">Normal battle victorie #2</song>
<song track="283">Rocket-/Hiker-encounter</song>
<song track="284">Lass-encounter</song>
<song track="285">Bug Catcher-encounter (and more?)</song>
</playlist>
<playlist name="Etc.">
<song track="317">Prof. Oak rating jingle #1</song>
<song track="318">Prof. Oak rating jingle #2 (?)</song>
<song track="321">Intro movie</song>
<song track="277">Intro movie (battle)</song>
<song track="278">Main screen</song>
<song track="323">Oak's intro, beat</song>
<song track="324">Oak's intro, song #1</song>
<song track="292">Oak's intro, song #2(, beginning?)</song>
<song track="329">Unknown #1</song>
<song track="268">Unknown #2 (R/S/E)(?)</song>
<song track="339">Unknown #3 (R/S/E)(?)</song>
<song track="345">Unknown #4</song>
<song track="332">Follow me around #1</song>
<song track="272">Follow me around #2</song>
<song track="282">On the bike</song>
<song track="276">Jigglypuff's song</song>
<song track="338">Jigglypuff's song</song>
<song track="263">Begin evolution</song>
<song track="265">R/S/E battle (rival?)</song>
<song track="266">R/S/E battle (wild/trainer)(?)</song>
<song track="271">R/S/E Contests (failure)</song>
<song track="286">Registering in Hall of Fame</song>
<song track="290">Ending credits (R/S/E right?)</song>
</playlist>
</rom>

Hiidoran
December 28th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Alright quick question here,
Can anyone tell me the hex offset where nidoran(F) is in the intro to Pokemon Leaf Green? I would really like to change this as it is important in making my intro make sense...

Thanks in advance,
Hiidoran

dakelland12
December 29th, 2006, 02:45 AM
hi when i press compile and save the script to the rom it come up with this error (http://i12.tinypic.com/2itndc8.jpg) how or what do i do to sort this out.

martijn
December 29th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Hi, how can you point the Charizard image in FireRed to another image?
The ROM contains a image of Blastoise and Venusaur and Pikachu and I would like to display one of those instead of the Charizard (most preferably Blastoise). Remember that I'm still a noob ;)

homurakitsune
December 29th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I recently downloaded a rom and the hacking tools, but when I try to browse for the rom so I can modify it, it doesn't show up. I tried making it show all files but then it said it was a type mismatch. This has happened with all my tools. Did I get a bad rom or what? Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am a noob.

zak
December 29th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I recently downloaded a rom and the hacking tools, but when I try to browse for the rom so I can modify it, it doesn't show up. I tried making it show all files but then it said it was a type mismatch. This has happened with all my tools. Did I get a bad rom or what? Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question, but I am a noob.

firstly make sure you have extracted all the tools and the rom you want to edit, also some tools need to be in the same folder as the rom to work , e.g bewildered and some of the tools in the elitemap folders so make sure there iun the same directory,

homurakitsune
December 29th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I did extract them all. (using winzip) and I did put them in the same folder, but it still didn't work. any other ideas?

zak
December 29th, 2006, 10:52 AM
what tool and what rom are you using?

homurakitsune
December 29th, 2006, 12:43 PM
pokemon ruby and elitemap (I don't know the version, though). I just got my other tools to work, so I'm gonna try to re-download elitemap. I think I just got a bugged copy or somethin'.Thanks for your help! :)

zak
December 29th, 2006, 12:46 PM
make sure you download it from the official site, helmetrodent something its on treeckos tool page in tool showcase,

homurakitsune
December 29th, 2006, 12:54 PM
okay thanks for your help. bye! :)

Jeremy
December 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM
How can I make unLZ.GBA to work. All I see are palletes.

Well sweetie, did you click the Goto button?

I'm hacking pokemon ruby (US) But when i go to put a munchlax sprite on sprite 252 (POKEPIC) It says the pics to big and the PALs (?) to big! Help plz!

Thanx in advance.

Well sweetie, the pic should be at least 64 by 64 sweetie, and it should 16 colors. Try indexing the pic's color using photoshop. If it's still too big even the dimentions are correct, then insert the pic in an empty offset.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to change a palette step-by-step? I just don't understand it! Or if there is already a thread about it, could you tell me where it is?

Okie sweetie, for trainer pics, make sure the pic is index and simply import the pallete using unLZ.GBA.

For tilesets and ect, this is what ya need:
Hex editor and VisualBoyAdvance.

First load the ROM and go to the place you want to edit the pallete.
Next click on tools/pallete viewer.

Look for the pallete you want to edit and click it.

Pay attention to the value and search for it. Remember when you search for the value, flip the bytes: Example:
Pallete Viewer: 1234
Hex editor: 3412

Hope this helped some of you sweeties?

AquaLeaderMatt
December 30th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Ok, I need to know how to add in a Pokémon's cry. I have created a Pikachu in Littleroot town in Ruby. I have made it say 'Pika pika', but I want to be able to hear the cry aswel. Anybody know how to do this?

Blaziken626
December 30th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Okie sweetie, for trainer pics, make sure the pic is index and simply import the pallete using unLZ.GBA.

First, what do you mean by index? And how do I import a palette? I can only import sprites.

duskull_seviper
December 30th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Where can I get a Pokemon Emerald INI file so I can Hack it? Please, no links just the name.

Taichi
December 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
okay heres the deal, hacker newb in case you havent notice. i got a bunch of hacking tools that i know the basics of. So here i am messing around with a ruby game seeing what i could come up with. I remodeled Petalsburg using Advanced Map. I maded about 5 houses and a gym but when i enter the gym it's wally's house and whenever i go through another house i end up coming out of the house that i first made. Help if you can?

TreeckoLv.100
December 30th, 2006, 09:02 PM
That's an easy one. You just need to fix the warp's number and bank. In the right column of AdvanceMap, after you click the "Events View" tab, you can edit where the warps go. You just have to use a warp's "Event Number" and "Map Bank". The map's bank is located in the left column by a city's, town's, route's, or room's name is. And the "Event Number" is located at the top of the right column after clicking on a warp.

Do you understand, or should I elaborate more for you?

Taichi
December 30th, 2006, 09:17 PM
That's an easy one. You just need to fix the warp's number and bank. In the right column of AdvanceMap, after you click the "Events View" tab, you can edit where the warps go. You just have to use a warp's "Event Number" and "Map Bank". The map's bank is located in the left column by a city's, town's, route's, or room's name is. And the "Event Number" is located at the top of the right column after clicking on a warp.

Do you understand, or should I elaborate more for you?

Please elaborate more. I'm not really tryin to make a hack but it's sorta seeing what i can do with it, you know what im saying. Just meesin aroud. but anyway please and thanks.

showbiznine
December 31st, 2006, 08:32 AM
how do you change the names you can choose from at the start of the game(fire red)?

>Bent<
December 31st, 2006, 08:33 AM
How do wild Pokemon percentages work in GSC?

Encounters themselves are shown by XY, where X is the level byte and Y is the species byte. E.g., the string of bytes from 2B0C3 to 2B0EC is 024A0215034A031302E702130213024A0215034A0313021302130213024A0213034A0313021302130213 , which translates to L2Geodude
L2Spearow
L3Geodude
L3Rattata
L2Phanpy
L2Rattata
L2Rattata
L2Geodude
L2Spearow
L3Geodude
L3Rattata
L2Rattata
L2Rattata
L2Rattata
L2Geodude
L2Rattata
L3Geodude
L3Rattata
L2Rattata
L2Rattata
L2RattataNow, I've heard that there are 7 Pokemon to a time of day, meaning that these 21 Pokemon are in one location, over three different time periods. The presence of Phanpy immediately brings to mind Route 46. Since Phanpy is in the first group of 7, we can safely assume that the order is Morn/Day/Nite (especially since Spearow isn't in the third group of 7, and Spearow is the only one of these Pokemon that doesn't appear at night). Thus, does this mean that the odds of catching Phanpy in the morning are 1/7 (15%) and the odds of any level Rattata 3/7 (43%), or is there more to it (such as the order of the individual Pokemon being significant)?

And, for that matter, what defines a "simple question"?

Deokishisu
December 31st, 2006, 02:41 PM
Ok, I need to know how to add in a Pokémon's cry. I have created a Pikachu in Littleroot town in Ruby. I have made it say 'Pika pika', but I want to be able to hear the cry aswel. Anybody know how to do this?

I can answer this one!

'-----------------------
#org 0x[your offset here]
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 0x19
nop
nop
msgbox 0x8[your message offset here] '"PIKACHU: Pika ..."
callstd 0x4
#raw 0xC5
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1829F4
= PIKACHU: Pika pika!

It's basically just a message with added stuff.

[cry 0xA1 0x19] means it plays the cry of the Pokemon 19 in hex. That just happens to be Pikachu.

AquaLeaderMatt
December 31st, 2006, 03:13 PM
I can answer this one!

'-----------------------
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 0x19
nop
nop
callstd 0x4
#raw 0xC5
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x1829F4

It's basically just a message with added stuff.

[cry 0xA1 0x19] means it plays the cry of the Pokemon 19 in hex. That just happens to be Pikachu.

Oh right cool. But... what do I do with this?

Deokishisu
December 31st, 2006, 03:38 PM
Oh right cool. But... what do I do with this?

Okay, the EliteMap package comes with ScriptEd. Open it up and then copy+paste that script into the window. Click "Compile". Select your ROM and then click yes. It should compile. (make sure you replace the "your offsets here" with an actual offset.) Next open Advance Map and load your ROM. Go to the map with the Pikachu you wanted to speak with. Add the first offset in the script, (the one you needed to plug into the actual script) and add that over "$000000" make sure the $ is in front. Save the map and test it in Visualboy Advance. It should work. (anything over 800000 should be empty offsets. Try plugging them in the script) That's it!

EDIT: Oh, I messed up. Try this one.

'-----------------------
lock
faceplayer
cry 0xA1 0x19
nop
nop
callstd 0x4
#raw 0xC5
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x[same as your message offset here]

Edit2: Question:

ScriptED has problems with the trainerbattle commands, there's nothing you can do about it, but inserting the trainerbattle command by either #raw commands, or by inserting it with a Hex-Editor.

This has been posted quite a while back (Page 37 I believe) but I've looked and found have no answer. What are the #raw commands for a trainerbattle command in Firered? Can someone provide a sample script? Thanks in advance.

martijn
January 1st, 2007, 03:32 AM
Could anyone explain Oaks script to me? I'd like to adjust the movement but I can't figure out the positions...
'-----------------------
#org 0x1655C9
jingle
setvar 0x4001 0x0
goto 0x81655E1
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1655E1
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
#raw 0xC7
nop
pause 0x1E
playsound 0x12E
nop
#raw 0x67
jumpstd 0xD7
#raw 0x17
jumpstd 0x66
pause 0x55
#raw 0x68
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x81A75C9
pause 0x0
#raw 0x2F
copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xB7
#raw 0x75
copyvarifnotzero 0x5108 0x0
pause 0x1E
#raw 0x55
return

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#raw 2D 'Down4
#raw FE 'Exit

showbiznine
January 1st, 2007, 06:34 AM
where are the intro trainer sprites if fire red, the ones that show up when you choose either boy or girl. they are uncompressed arent they. can someone give me the TLP location plz.

Blaziken626
January 1st, 2007, 07:30 AM
Does anyone happen to have the Ruby badge offsets for TM/TLP? They are uncompressed, right?

BlackRainbow*
January 1st, 2007, 07:38 AM
where are the intro trainer sprites if fire red, the ones that show up when you choose either boy or girl. they are uncompressed arent they. can someone give me the TLP location plz.
they arn't uncompressed they ar in unzlgba around 330-350

Deokishisu
January 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
they arn't uncompressed they ar in unzlgba around 330-350

No, he's talking about the uncompressed Intro sprites. I'm prettty sure it was answered. Just search the thread.

Blaziken626
January 1st, 2007, 09:45 AM
Does anyone know how to use PokeCryGUI to edit a Pokemon's cry? I opened the ROM, typed in the PokeID, loaded the WAV, and then clicked on the Samples, Repoint, and Encode buttons, and it never worked! Can I get any help, please? And by the way, does anyone know where to find clear Shinou Pokemon cries? If not, that's okay.

BlackRainbow*
January 1st, 2007, 09:46 AM
No, he's talking about the uncompressed Intro sprites. I'm prettty sure it was answered. Just search the thread.

i Know what he talking about
but they are in unzlgba around 330-350 in 256 color mode

ptudia
January 2nd, 2007, 07:49 AM
can someone give me a code so that i can get an item in my keypockets (laptop) so i can access pc at any time.

please!!!! it would be really cool and everyone could put it in their hack too.

Blaziken626
January 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM
Could someone tell me why the back sprite for Torchic just disappeared in unLZ-GBA? It happened after I made a copy of my hack. Every time I copy a gba file, a sprite disappears from unLZ-GBA.

w_rink_ly
January 2nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Hi,
I've been hacking ruby 0907 and I've replaced the script used to battle Groudon in Cave of Origin with another script which works fine. However, the weather is still set to drought when i leave the cave. Is there a flag I need to clear or set to stop this? I have looked at the original scipt to try to get an idea but it's very confusing (for me). Would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance,
W_rink_ly

Deokishisu
January 2nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
can someone give me a code so that i can get an item in my keypockets (laptop) so i can access pc at any time.

please!!!! it would be really cool and everyone could put it in their hack too.

I'm pretty sure you'd need ASM hacking to make an item like that. Code as in cheating or code as in coding? If it's cheating then no, there's no code for that at all.

Does anyone know the #raw commands for a trainerbattle script? I really need them.

w_rink_ly
January 3rd, 2007, 04:29 AM
Hi,
Ok, third question now (he he he). I am trying to find the offset of the palette of the red aura that comes from the red orb when you battle groudon in ruby (0907). The value is 001F which means that I search for 1F00 in the hex editor. Can't find the correct offset tho. Anyone hav better luck than me?

Thanks in advance,
W_rink_ly

bobpickle
January 3rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
How do you load a new tileset in AdvanceMap?
im still working with the default existing tiles, id like to change it up, i dont know how

How do you add new pokemon? I believe I have the correct program, and I have seen backimages on a site I can use, I am just wondering how to go about it?

thanks

Liquinn
January 3rd, 2007, 10:13 AM
I am off at HEX. Need some awnsers Scizz ;)

I use a trans hex editor to edit text.

I can't seem to find symbols in the hex editor, like dots (...) and comma's (,) in my gold table file when I use a hex editor.

How do I edit the text, like, I want to edit this text.

"Ah... I'm so happy." And the hex won't find the dots and the comma.

Next. I can't see to edit the word "Pokemon" with the foreign "e" in the hex editor. I need to know how to do this.

Thanks Scizz.

Jeremy
January 3rd, 2007, 08:38 PM
How do you load a new tileset in AdvanceMap?
im still working with the default existing tiles, id like to change it up, i dont know how

How do you add new pokemon? I believe I have the correct program, and I have seen backimages on a site I can use, I am just wondering how to go about it?

thanks

To load a new tileset sweetie, go to the block editor. First save what tileset editing, then load the new tileset you edited or made. Becareful not use save or edit in pallete0, it tends to mess things up, sweetie.

That question has been asked many times, just search for it, sweetie.

I can't seem to find symbols in the hex editor, like dots (...) and comma's (,) in my gold table file when I use a hex editor.

Next. I can't see to edit the word "Pokemon" with the foreign "e" in the hex editor. I need to know how to do this.

Thanks Scizz.

Okie sweetie here ya go. =3
Hex = Character
75 = …
54 = POKé

Apperently sweetie, three characters are 1 byte. It's not a bother anyway, unless you're going to use the word pureé in your hack. XD

Could someone tell me why the back sprite for Torchic just disappeared in unLZ-GBA? It happened after I made a copy of my hack. Every time I copy a gba file, a sprite disappears from unLZ-GBA.

Well sweetie, did ya repoint the sprite or something, before copying the sprite? Use RS Ball, or PokePic to see if you can still see it, sweetie.

Blazichu
January 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM

Thanks Scizz.

I know Jeremy answered it above but here is all the hex codes for Pokemon Gold.

Hex Code= Letter/Number basically this is how it is shown below.
/00
4F==
57=#
51=*
52=Hiro
53=Rival
54=Poke
55=+
58=$
7F=
80=A
81=B
82=C
83=D
84=E
85=F
86=G
87=H
88=I
89=J
8A=K
8B=L
8C=M
8D=N
8E=O
8F=P
90=Q
91=R
92=S
93=T
94=U
95=V
96=W
97=X
98=Y
99=Z
9C=:
A0=a
A1=b
A2=c
A3=d
A4=e
A5=f
A6=g
A7=h
A8=i
A9=j
AA=k
AB=l
AC=m
AD=n
AE=o
AF=p
B0=q
B1=r
B2=s
B3=t
B4=u
B5=v
B6=w
B7=x
B8=y
B9=z
BA=‚
BC='l
BD='s
BE='t
BF='v
E0='
E1=PK
E2=MN
E3=-
E4='r
E5='m
E6=?
E7=!
E8=.
F4=,
F6=0
F7=1
F8=2
F9=3
FA=4
FB=5
FC=6
FD=7
FE=8
FF=9
75=...

"Ah... I'm so happy." should come up as "80 A7 75 7F 88 E5 7F B2 AE 7F A7 A0 AF AF B8 E8"

As for Pokemon, Poke is sepererated as 54 and then MON is 8C 8E 8D.

Hopefully this helped, liquinn.

This should help with people who need Hex Codes for RBY/GSC Hacks.

showbiznine
January 4th, 2007, 08:34 AM
is there any way to have more than one region like in gsc and you can take a train or surf between them.

weedrew2k7
January 4th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hiya i was just wonderin what tools can i use that are english coz they're all foreign languages

plz assist

Ahegil
January 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM
i need help with a script for ruby when you click on the bag to get your first poekmon i want it to give you 2 instead of 1 becuase im making a duel battle only ruby with some other changes but any way i have advance map but i dont know crap about scirpting(at least with pokemon) and i also would not know where to put it in advancedmap plz help

Blaziken626
January 5th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Well sweetie, did ya repoint the sprite or something, before copying the sprite? Use RS Ball, or PokePic to see if you can still see it, sweetie.

In PokePic, when I insert it and do the whole write to rom thing, I go back to the sprite later, and all that's there instead of the back sprite is black. But you don't really need to help anymore. I just used a previous copy that still had the sprite. But now, yet again, I have another problem. I finally got PokeCry to work, but the cry just turns out to be a static-y sound. It works when I use other WAVs, so I don't know the problem.

Cless
January 5th, 2007, 06:15 AM
1. I've checked around for the answer, can't find it.

How do you change the other messages of people? (I.E the people in Oldale Town). I can only edit the text of people in Littleroot, for some reason. It only shows them all for Firered.

2. Also, just to save me some time, I have another question about Advance Map.

When I click "New Map" It says it was created, but I don't see it anywheres.

3. Again... Another question. How do you change the sprites of Pokémon? (Without using hexes and whatever. XD) It it's a program, please make sure it's english.. I don't know Dutch and Spanish.

4. How do you change the stats of Pokémon?

5. How do you add Pokémon? (There's 386 Pokémon. I want to add more.)

Thank you.

Blazichu
January 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
is there any way to have more than one region like in gsc and you can take a train or surf between them.

I think you need you change the warps to take the train. You can also just edit and make new connections between them to use surf.

Hiya i was just wonderin what tools can i use that are english coz they're all foreign languages

plz assist

For Hacking R/B/Y: Redmap, Poketext (R/B Only)

For hacking G/S/C: GoldMap(G/S only), Poketext(G/S only), GS Sprite Editor(G/S only), CrystalMap (Crystal Only).

For hacking R/S/E/FR/LG: AdvanceMap, Advance Text, Spread, Pokepic

These are rom hacking tools in english, they are the main ones anyway.

1. I've checked around for the answer, can't find it.

How do you change the other messages of people? (I.E the people in Oldale Town). I can only edit the text of people in Littleroot, for some reason. It only shows them all for Firered.

2. Also, just to save me some time, I have another question about Advance Map.

When I click "New Map" It says it was created, but I don't see it anywheres.

3. Again... Another question. How do you change the sprites of Pokémon? (Without using hexes and whatever. XD) It it's a program, please make sure it's english.. I don't know Dutch and Spanish.

4. How do you change the stats of Pokémon?

5. How do you add Pokémon? (There's 386 Pokémon. I want to add more.)

Thank you.

1. Try learning how to use a hex editor, you can change text using hex editor. Make sure you get the codes for the letters of the text.

2. That would depend on what you call it. I think it has to be a new map on a town or route that exists, but I think you have to design or map what you want on the map then click insert map to insert the map.

3. Try using Spread or Pokemon Overworld Editor.

4. For changing stats use Pokemon Amplifier or Base edit.

5. Don't think you can add new Pokemon, you could with alot of repointing of text in an hex editor. But I would not know how to do that myself.

Hopefully this helps.

Shiny_Latios
January 6th, 2007, 01:21 AM
I have tried to insert tiles from treecko's Lv.100's Moon/Sun (Kyledove has said they can be used) but when i insert them from saving from pokemon Moon then loading in my hack it doesn't look as good is there a way to sort this out

Blazichu
January 6th, 2007, 03:11 AM
I have tried to insert tiles from treecko's Lv.100's Moon/Sun (Kyledove has said they can be used) but when i insert them from saving from pokemon Moon then loading in my hack it doesn't look as good is there a way to sort this out

Try using AdvanceMap to insert the tiles, I reckon it is easier.

Christos
January 6th, 2007, 04:04 AM

That's because Moon/Sun hasn't got the same palettes as R/S/E. If you want the tiles you have to change the palettes to the ones Pkmn Moon has.

BlackRainbow*
January 6th, 2007, 04:04 AM

you have to change the paletts of tilesets if you want tiles like treecko have

christos said befor me :D

Cless
January 6th, 2007, 05:45 AM
1. Try learning how to use a hex editor, you can change text using hex editor. Make sure you get the codes for the letters of the text.

2. That would depend on what you call it. I think it has to be a new map on a town or route that exists, but I think you have to design or map what you want on the map then click insert map to insert the map.

3. Try using Spread or Pokemon Overworld Editor.

4. For changing stats use Pokemon Amplifier or Base edit.

5. Don't think you can add new Pokemon, you could with alot of repointing of text in an hex editor. But I would not know how to do that myself.

Hopefully this helps.

I see. Thanks. Do you know where I can find these programs?

Christos
January 6th, 2007, 07:20 AM
I see. Thanks. Do you know where I can find these programs?

You can find many tools in the sites here (http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77288).

Blaziken626
January 6th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I need a little help concerning a new feature for my hack. I'm going to try to make it so that you can travel to the other 3 regions (Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn) and collect their badges. But I have a few problems. First, I how can I make entirely new maps in Advance Map without having to edit an existing one. When I create a map, it says it was created, but I can find it anywhere in Advance Map. And also, I can't add Wild Pokemon to these new maps, and the Header view is limited to just the tileset. My second concern is how to add more badges. I need to make 32 badges in total, and I don't know how to add more. My third problem is how to add new Trainers. Since there's going to be a total of 4 regions to travel in, I need to make a lot of Trainers. I would greatly appreciate any help!

I also have another question. It's not really a problem. I just want to know something. How come most people here prefer Hex-Editors to edit text over Advance-Text, which is much easier?

强有力
January 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM
You could just make a new map and then go to File->Map->Save Map As

Cless
January 6th, 2007, 02:29 PM
You can find many tools in the sites [link] here.

I know; it's not there, that's why I'm asking. xD

goku san
January 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
okay so i checked the entire thread and no one seemed to have asked this yet....i'm srry if someone asked this and i somehow missed it...

okay so i know that scizz already said that it is possible to copy script from R/B/Y or G/S/C and put it into an advance generation game......what i want to know is if theres a program for that and can someone point me to the site

thnx in advance

Sonto340
January 6th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Okay, I searched the thread, and I saw this question but it wasn't answered.

Now, I made my script, and compiled it successfully, and I set that script to a sign. But it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the script, or what. For future, reference, here's the script I'm using.

#org 0x800100
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800100
= City Gym

zak
January 8th, 2007, 10:56 AM
I need a little help concerning a new feature for my hack. I'm going to try to make it so that you can travel to the other 3 regions (Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn) and collect their badges. But I have a few problems. First, I how can I make entirely new maps in Advance Map without having to edit an existing one. When I create a map, it says it was created, but I can find it anywhere in Advance Map. And also, I can't add Wild Pokemon to these new maps, and the Header view is limited to just the tileset. My second concern is how to add more badges. I need to make 32 badges in total, and I don't know how to add more. My third problem is how to add new Trainers. Since there's going to be a total of 4 regions to travel in, I need to make a lot of Trainers. I would greatly appreciate any help!

I also have another question. It's not really a problem. I just want to know something. How come most people here prefer Hex-Editors to edit text over Advance-Text, which is much easier?

for the maps you gota select create new map and choose setting because these can be changed easily after , then go to file -> map -> insert map , a small box will appear and there wil be aloada boxes and stuff, go to the very bottom and on the left hand side there wil be a list of map banks , either select the bank you would like to put it in or create a new bank , after that change the amount of reserved maps to 1 and click create and insert , hope that helps ya,

Blaziken626
January 8th, 2007, 07:22 PM
for the maps you gota select create new map and choose setting because these can be changed easily after , then go to file -> map -> insert map , a small box will appear and there wil be aloada boxes and stuff, go to the very bottom and on the left hand side there wil be a list of map banks , either select the bank you would like to put it in or create a new bank , after that change the amount of reserved maps to 1 and click create and insert , hope that helps ya,

There's a slight problem with that. I can find the map an all, but the name is the same name as the map I last went to (which was called SAPPHIRE TOWN), and when I change the name, it also changes the name of the original SAPPHIRE TOWN map. And I know there's a Create New Names option, but it is grayed out and I can't click on it.

Martin Yiu
January 9th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Oh hi!

I just want to ask (I've searched, found the question - FR styled, but no one answered), how do I edit the LG title screen Venusaur to something other, because I think that UnLZ is the best way to do, but as I saw the picture, I've changed my mind. I'll show you why.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/help-me.png

Anyone helps me?

EDIT: Or at least offset in TLP. I' trying to search, but still nothing.

Liquinn
January 9th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah...

In Pokemon Gold.

I want the people in the 8th gym (Clair's gym) to have rocket music instead of the other music of when you're in battle with them. I could use HEX if someone told me how to edit the music during in battle with a trainer.

Many thanks Jermeny <3

Blaziken626
January 9th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I've realized something else about the limits to Pokemon sprites. Not only does the image have to be 63x63, but also the Pokemon part of the image can't be any bigger than the original Pokemon image. If it is bigger, then it gets all messed up at the bottom. Is there any way to fix this? (I'm going to be replacing Wurmple with Masukippa, and there's NO way I could shrink it to that size without distorting it too much.)

bobpickle
January 9th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Hey, I have a question about the progray PAttEd

I was wondering if I can add a new teachable attack through that program.
Like say a pokemon learns 7 attacks through level up, i was wondering if i can add an attack so it would learn 8.
Is that possible?

frank$or
January 10th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Okay, I searched the thread, and I saw this question but it wasn't answered.

Now, I made my script, and compiled it successfully, and I set that script to a sign. But it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the script, or what. For future, reference, here's the script I'm using.

#org 0x800100
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800100
= City Gym

try this:
#org 0x8A0000
message 0x8A0100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x8A0100
= City Gym

You can't have 800100 at the first #org and at the last #org.
I have gave all the offsets an A, because of maybe you already compiled 800000 before.

Blaziken626
January 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
In Advance Map, how do I set the music in a place to the desert music? The music in Route 111 changes when you go to the desert but it is still part of the same map. (I know that there is a Music setting under the Header view.) Does it automatically change to that music when you set the weather to sandstorm?

Ruyin
January 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Hi, I'm a n00b at hacking, so I was wondering if there would be a simple way to patch the graphics from fr/lg to g/s easily, while keeping the maps intact? Any help appreciated. ;)

Jeremy
January 11th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Hi, I'm a n00b at hacking, so I was wondering if there would be a simple way to patch the graphics from fr/lg to g/s easily, while keeping the maps intact? Any help appreciated. ;)

Are you asking is there a patch to apply GBA graphics from FR/LG to the GBC games G/S? Nope sweetie. If there was sweetie, there wouldn't be that many GSC remakes now would it? You could do it yourself, but the limitations on the colors and size might not make it look exactly like FR/LG. Or you could hack FL/LG and mimic the maps.

In Advance Map, how do I set the music in a place to the desert music? The music in Route 111 changes when you go to the desert but it is still part of the same map. (I know that there is a Music setting under the Header view.) Does it automatically change to that music when you set the weather to sandstorm?

In Advance Map, in the head view, in the Map options. The box next to music that says Specify, type in this value: 0199.
And to answer your other question, sweetie, no it doesn't. There's a script (well several but they all the the same thing) in Route 111 that when you walk in that area of the route, the background music will change and the weather effects kick in.

Hey, I have a question about the progray PAttEd

I was wondering if I can add a new teachable attack through that program.
Like say a pokemon learns 7 attacks through level up, i was wondering if i can add an attack so it would learn 8.
Is that possible?

It is indeed quite possible, sweetie, all you need to do is repoint the Pokémon's data to a blank offset using the PattED.

I've realized something else about the limits to Pokemon sprites. Not only does the image have to be 63x63, but also the Pokemon part of the image can't be any bigger than the original Pokemon image. If it is bigger, then it gets all messed up at the bottom. Is there any way to fix this? (I'm going to be replacing Wurmple with Masukippa, and there's NO way I could shrink it to that size without distorting it too much.)

I could have sworn the images have to be 64 by 64. Anyway sweetie, you could insert the image into some blank space and repoint it, that should work. ^^;

Blaziken626
January 12th, 2007, 04:45 AM
About the whole changing the music thing, I already knew how to change the music. I just wanted to know how the music changes in that Route when the music setting is like any other route.

Anyway sweetie, you could insert the image into some blank space and repoint it, that should work.

Could you be more specific, please? Do you mean using white as a background?

Christos
January 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
About the whole changing the music thing, I already knew how to change the music. I just wanted to know how the music changes in that Route when the music setting is like any other route.

Could you be more specific, please? Do you mean using white as a background?

If you don't want to do it the "complicated" way, you can just replace something else, not Wurmple.

Blaziken626
January 12th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Actually, I meant to say Nincada. But they're both small, anyway. I actually have a reason for which Hoenn Pokemon should be replaced by which Shinou Pokemon. It depends on their cries, since I can't find all the Shinou cries, and the cries get static-y when I hear them in the game after using PokeCry to add them in.

ash2000
January 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Can anyone tell me how to change the water animations for Ruby and make it look like Fire Red's Water,and can anyone tell me where I can get TileED

Christos
January 12th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how to change the water animations for Ruby and make it look like Fire Red's Water,and can anyone tell me where I can get TileED

You can use TLP that comes with EliteMap or download TileMolester here (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/download/TileMolester_015a_src.zip).
You can download TileEd here (http://www.zophar.net/trans/transutils/TilEd2002v064b2600.exe), but I don't have the offset of the animations.
The offset of the animations in TLP or Tile Molester is 376C00.

frank$or
January 12th, 2007, 11:43 PM
could anybody explain how these script commands work:

Applymovement
Trainerbattle

Christos
January 13th, 2007, 12:01 AM
could anybody explain how these script commands work:

Applymovement
Trainerbattle

trainerbattle
trainerbattle bKind iBattle ptrIntro ptrDefeat
Starts a trainer battle.
bKind is 0x00 for normal battles, 0x04 for 2-on-2 and 0x05 for rematches.

applymovement
applymovement [sprite's people nr.] [offset]
Applies the movement data at [offset] to the specified sprite.

You can put something like this in your script:
applymovement 0x5 0x800000
pause 0x10 (0x10 waits for one step and then the script continues)

#org 0x800000
#raw 0x1
#raw 0x8
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

The "raw" commands are for the movements the sprite will do.
At the end of the "raw" commands always put "#raw 0xFE".
You can find movement raws to use here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/kvf34d).

ash2000
January 13th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the Offset,I have another request:

Do you know the offset for water animations in Fire Red

Christos
January 13th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the Offset,I have another request:

Do you know the offset for water animations in Fire Red

The offset for FireRed is 3A7200.

Saken
January 13th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know the offset for pokemon Gold title screen for TLP?

Blazichu
January 13th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know the offset for pokemon Gold title screen for TLP?

Apply the IPS(won't change the rom will just decompress the titlescreen), I have attached and then go to offset 98BFE.

w_rink_ly
January 14th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Hi, I tried to make a movement script and I have tried to copy what I've seen from the posts on this thread and from other scripts in the game and still can't get the script to work. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thnx

Here's the script:

#org 0x8014F8
applymovement 0xFF 0x801540
end

#org 0x801540
#raw 1 'Up0
#raw 2 'Left0
#raw 3 'Right0
#raw 4 'Down1
#raw 5 'Up1
#raw 6 'Left1
#raw 7 'Right1
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw FE 'Exit

Christos
January 14th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Hi, I tried to make a movement script and I have tried to copy what I've seen from the posts on this thread and from other scripts in the game and still can't get the script to work. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thnx

Here's the script:

#org 0x8014F8
applymovement 0xFF 0x801540
end

#org 0x801540
#raw 1 'Up0
#raw 2 'Left0
#raw 3 'Right0
#raw 4 'Down1
#raw 5 'Up1
#raw 6 'Left1
#raw 7 'Right1
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw FE 'Exit

You need to add the "pause" command.
If the movement is one step it'll be "pause 0x10"

Example

#org 0x800000
applymovement 0xFF 0x800100
pause 0x10
end

#org 0x800100
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw FE 'Exit

w_rink_ly
January 14th, 2007, 06:07 AM

Example

#org 0x800000
pause 0x10
end

#org 0x800100
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw FE 'Exit

Thnx, but I tried that very example script you gave me and set it to a new script event using Advance Map and when i step over the script nothing happens...:(

Christos
January 14th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Thnx, but I tried that very example script you gave me and set it to a new script event using Advance Map and when i step over the script nothing happens...:(

I tried it and it worked for me, the player moved one step up.
Try compiling the script again.

Blaziken626
January 14th, 2007, 03:31 PM
How do you do you create an offset for the scripts you make in ScriptEd? And could someone maybe tell me how to make the scripts? Please, I really need help for this to make my hack.

ash2000
January 14th, 2007, 03:34 PM

Code:
Example

#org 0x800000
pause 0x10
end

#org 0x800100
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw FE 'Exit

Thnx, but I tried that very example script you gave me and set it to a new script event using Advance Map and when i step over the script nothing happens...

hey dude! I believe I can help

Did you put the vars in your script in AdvanceMap- use 50 & 40.

Ok,Try this.Goto Events view in AdvanceMap,then goto script -You must put in the Var number - 50 & 40,Var Value 03 & 00

I hope that helps!

ash2000
January 14th, 2007, 03:42 PM
How do you do you create an offset for the scripts you make in ScriptEd? And could someone maybe tell me how to make the scripts? Please, I really need help for this to make my hack.

You must search for the offsets with Hex Editor.Then write the script(please read the hello world tutorial in elitemap)then you compile it with diamond cutter

Blaziken626
January 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM
You must search for the offsets with Hex Editor.Then write the script(please read the hello world tutorial in elitemap)then you compile it with diamond cutter

Could you give me some programs that are Hex Editors? And isn't there already a compile button in ScriptEd to do that?

And also, when I typed in the name of the ROM I'm using and clicked on the .rbc file that I needed, but when I clicked OK, I got a Runtime Error '53' File not found. Please, I need help!

cyberpsygen7
January 15th, 2007, 03:19 AM
at long last i have taught myself how to text hack (with an assist from jeremy on the tbl file) but i keep corrupting my rom. i was able to change proffesor oak's name to fag in all occurences just fine and it loaded in my vba. everything else i try to do gives me a white screen when i go to load it in vba. what things could i somehow accidently do in translhex nearly every single time to cause this crap? what special rules and procedures am i in the dark on?

my advance mart and advance text give me errors if i attempt to open them, im sure its the same common problem that everyone has all the time, so what extra file do i need to download to make those suckers open up properly?

im mapping in advance map and already have surf and/or walk paths added that will let my bypass every dungeon (or get to them early hehe). shouldnt there be a readme file included in it that says what each movement code is though? i figured out simply by looking at it that 1 is cant pass, 4 is surf, and C is normal walking. what are the other ones?

im going to try my hand at rsball and see how hard making brand new pokemon is while i wait for an answer, at this rate in another week i will be good enough to answer questions instead of just spamming begs for them.

Christos
January 15th, 2007, 04:33 AM

Could you give me some programs that are Hex Editors? And isn't there already a compile button in ScriptEd to do that?

And also, when I typed in the name of the ROM I'm using and clicked on the .rbc file that I needed, but when I clicked OK, I got a Runtime Error '53' File not found. Please, I need help!

Search for empty offset with a hex editor. You can find some hex editors here (http://www.zophar.net/utilities/hexutil.html).
The .rbc file and the ROM mustn't have any spaces in the name and they have to be in the same folder as ScriptED.

Ok,Try this.Goto Events view in AdvanceMap,then goto script -You must put in the Var number - 50 & 40,Var Value 03 & 00

I hope that helps!

If w_rink_ly meant that then yeah. Try different Var numbers for the trigger until you get it to work.

at long last i have taught myself how to text hack (with an assist from jeremy on the tbl file) but i keep corrupting my rom. i was able to change proffesor oak's name to fag in all occurences just fine and it loaded in my vba. everything else i try to do gives me a white screen when i go to load it in vba. what things could i somehow accidently do in translhex nearly every single time to cause this crap? what special rules and procedures am i in the dark on?

my advance mart and advance text give me errors if i attempt to open them, im sure its the same common problem that everyone has all the time, so what extra file do i need to download to make those suckers open up properly?

im mapping in advance map and already have surf and/or walk paths added that will let my bypass every dungeon (or get to them early hehe). shouldnt there be a readme file included in it that says what each movement code is though? i figured out simply by looking at it that 1 is cant pass, 4 is surf, and C is normal walking. what are the other ones?

im going to try my hand at rsball and see how hard making brand new pokemon is while i wait for an answer, at this rate in another week i will be good enough to answer questions instead of just spamming begs for them.

For Advance text you need comctl32.ocx. Google for it.

For AM's movements, just look at maps and you'll figure out what they do.

Blaziken626
January 15th, 2007, 06:12 AM
The .rbc file and the ROM mustn't have any spaces in the name and they have to be in the same folder as ScriptED.

I tried that, and I still got the error. (Oh, and I forgot to mention that it happened in DiamondCutter.) My other question is how do you make events happen in a certain order? Like in Ruby and Sapphire, you can't go to Dewford with Mr. Briney until you complete the Team Aqua/Magma event in Rustboro.

And I have a noob-ish question. I opened the Thingy program. It asked me for the ROM name. I typed it in and pressed enter. Then it asked me for the table. Here's the question: What is a table?

cyberpsygen7
January 15th, 2007, 06:18 AM
i searched around through hundreds of posts and found out what i was doing to the text to junk it up. apparently you arent supposed to add more letters than you take out and you have to leave blanks if u put in less. so im gtg with text and map editing now. im going to learn pokemon creation and then scripting, so i should be ready to join a hack team by next weekend as a slave laborist.

i will google that file right now, thanks alot.

w_rink_ly
January 15th, 2007, 06:42 AM

I hope that helps!

Thnx I tried that. Unfortunately still no luck. Let me tell you in detail what I've done: I open up the Littleroot map in AdvanceMap 1.82 and move one of the existing scripts to a different spot. Then i change its script offset to $800000 (the offset of the script Christos gave me). Then I make sure that the var number is 50 40 and the var value is 03 00. When I open the game and walk over the script nothing happens whatever direction i come from. I tried using different values for the var number and var value but still nothing. I guess I should just keep tryin different values till it works. What is var number and var value anyway? Thanks for helpin me Christos and ash2000!

Pokerealm
January 15th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Can someone please tell me how to script steb by step?

I've read some post here and I made some scripts But I don't know how to activate them

I have this script

#org 0x800000
faceplayer
#boxset 0x2
message 0x800100
end

message 0x800100
= Hello World!

Then I put it in ScriptED and then I press Compile
I click my rom and I open AM.

I go to a People and I change it's offset to $800000

I save my ROM in AM and then I start my game, but then, when I talk to the guy he doesn't say anything!

Does anyone of you know what I'm doing wrong?

I also don't know how Hex Editor works

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Christos
January 15th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I tried that, and I still got the error. (Oh, and I forgot to mention that it happened in DiamondCutter.) My other question is how do you make events happen in a certain order? Like in Ruby and Sapphire, you can't go to Dewford with Mr. Briney until you complete the Team Aqua/Magma event in Rustboro.

And I have a noob-ish question. I opened the Thingy program. It asked me for the ROM name. I typed it in and pressed enter. Then it asked me for the table. Here's the question: What is a table?

Were you trying to text edit? You can use Advance Text, it's much better and easier. You'll need a file to open A-Text, comctl32.ocx.

Thnx I tried that. Unfortunately still no luck. Let me tell you in detail what I've done: I open up the Littleroot map in AdvanceMap 1.82 and move one of the existing scripts to a different spot. Then i change its script offset to $800000 (the offset of the script Christos gave me). Then I make sure that the var number is 50 40 and the var value is 03 00. When I open the game and walk over the script nothing happens whatever direction i come from. I tried using different values for the var number and var value but still nothing. I guess I should just keep tryin different values till it works. What is var number and var value anyway? Thanks for helpin me Christos and ash2000!

Try a trigger in Littleroot and keep the flags and stuff as they are. If it doesn't work try changing the var value and flag until you get it to work.

Can someone please tell me how to script steb by step?

I've read some post here and I made some scripts But I don't know how to activate them

I have this script

#org 0x800000
faceplayer
#boxset 0x2
message 0x800100
end

message 0x800100
= Hello World!

Then I put it in ScriptED and then I press Compile
I click my rom and I open AM.

I go to a People and I change it's offset to $800000

I save my ROM in AM and then I start my game, but then, when I talk to the guy he doesn't say anything!

Does anyone of you know what I'm doing wrong?

I also don't know how Hex Editor works

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Try this:

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800100
= Hello World!

The boxset command is after the message, the release command is to close the textbox after the message.

Blaziken626
January 15th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Guess what? I have another question! Well, that's why my title is noob hacker. I noticed that Brawly has different offsets for each thing he says: Before the battle, at the end of the battle but still in the battle screen, and after the battle. Two of them are when he's in the overworld. So why is there only one offset for him in Advance Map? (And it's not even the same offset as the ones for the text I just mentioned!)

Christos
January 15th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Guess what? I have another question! Well, that's why my title is noob hacker. I noticed that Brawly has different offsets for each thing he says: Before the battle, at the end of the battle but still in the battle screen, and after the battle. Two of them are when he's in the overworld. So why is there only one offset for him in Advance Map? (And it's not even the same offset as the ones for the text I just mentioned!)

In Advance Map it's his main offset. The script has many messages in, the starting message for the battle, the message for when you beat him, when you get the badge and the message when you talk to him again.

Pokerealm
January 15th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Were you trying to text edit? You can use Advance Text, it's much better and easier. You'll need a file to open A-Text, comctl32.ocx.

Try a trigger in Littleroot and keep the flags and stuff as they are. If it doesn't work try changing the var value and flag until you get it to work.

Try this:

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800100
= Hello World!

The boxset command is after the message, the release command is to close the textbox after the message.

Thx I tried but when I talk to the person, I can't walk anymore and there's no text.

Can someone give me a scripting tut?
From beginning to the end?

Blaziken626
January 15th, 2007, 08:52 AM

Not to be rude or anything, but that had nothing to do with my question. I just want to know what a table is so I can edit scripts. I think it means a .tbl file, but how do I get one?

Thx I tried but when I talk to the person, I can't walk anymore and there's no text.

Can someone give me a scripting tut?
From beginning to the end?

I'm having the same problem as you, so if someone could help, it would be great.

frank$or
January 15th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks christos. You really helped me! ^^

Blaziken626
January 15th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I have a problem with Thingy. I know how to make a table file now, but here's my new problem. I typed in the ROM name and the table file name (I skipped the second table file), and then I pressed enter but I saw this on the Thingy screen:

Bad file name in module THINGY at adrress 0557:9290
Hit any key to return to system

What do I do?

And yet another question. How can you change the Poochyena event in Ruby? It doesn't show that event in PokeTronic.

Can someone tell me how to save a file as .tbl? Just adding.tbl to the end of the name doesn't work.

LeGeNd_LaTiOs
January 16th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to the hacking industry and me and the tutorials and commands .htmls aren't speaking the same language so i was wondering if any one could give me a link to any long detailed tutorials for scripting or if someone could PM me about it.

w_rink_ly
January 16th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Hi. How would I go about making a wild pokemon appear rare in a certain grass area and then change the area when the player moves from one area to another? In other words, how would I 'emulate' the legendary dogs encounters or latios/latias encounters after one beats the elite 4?

frank$or
January 16th, 2007, 07:58 AM
@ christos
Well thanks for the applymovement, MY sprite moves.
But, how do you get OTHER sprites to move?
movesprite 0xEventnummer 0xOffset?

Christos
January 16th, 2007, 08:02 AM
@ christos
Well thanks for the applymovement, MY sprite moves.
But, how do you get OTHER sprites to move?
movesprite 0xEventnummer 0xOffset?

"applymovement 0xFF 0x[offset]" is for the player

For other sprites it's "applymovement 0x[sprite's people nr.] 0x[offset]

frank$or
January 16th, 2007, 08:06 AM
And do you have to put the offset in a People event or a Script event?

Christos
January 16th, 2007, 08:11 AM
And do you have to put the offset in a People event or a Script event?

You have to put the offset in after the sprite's people number.

frank$or
January 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I mean if you use the #org offset of the script in AM.
For a PEOPLE event, or a SCRIPT event.
I'm trying things out with this script:

#org 0x86AB40
applymovement 0x13 0x86AB50
pause 0x10
end

#org 0x86AB50
#raw 3
#raw FE

If i use it with a SCRIPT event in AM, then the game freezes.

Liquinn
January 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM
A G/S/C question for you to awnser.

This is a dumb question...

Do I have to map both floors of the National park, and if you go into a bug contest will it automaticlly transfer you to the national park floor map 2 so you can take part in the bug contest in the floor 2, so like the floor one will be used to visit it without you been in the bug contest.

So basiclly.

Do I need to re map both ones and will the game transfer me to the Secound floor of the national park during a bug catching contest?

Liquinn.

Christos
January 16th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I mean if you use the #org offset of the script in AM.
For a PEOPLE event, or a SCRIPT event.
I'm trying things out with this script:

#org 0x86AB40
applymovement 0x13 0x86AB50
pause 0x10
end

#org 0x86AB50
#raw 3
#raw FE

If i use it with a SCRIPT event in AM, then the game freezes.

If you use it on a "people" event or a script event it's the same thing.
But in the script event put 03 00 for "Unknown" and something for "var Number". If it still freezes or doesn't do anything, try using something different for "Var Number".

Blaziken626
January 16th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Aaugh! Now I have a new problem! I used Thingy32, and opened my ROM and 2 Table files, but then it said Runtime Error '14': Out of String Space!
What does that mean? (And it worked perfectly this morning.) A-a-a-and, I did the whole Hello World! tutorial in Elite Map, but the fat guy ended up saying a whole bunch of weird symbols that are probably hex or something. How do I fix that?

GargnaroK
January 17th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Can someone explain me the pause command?
I know its based on the time in milliseconds, but how can I relate it to the steps that a sprite makes during an applymovement script?

Thanks in advance
[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Christos
January 17th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Can someone explain me the pause command?
I know its based on the time in milliseconds, but how can I relate it to the steps that a sprite makes during an applymovement script?

Thanks in advance
[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

You have to put 0x10 for each step. For example, if in the script the sprite moves 4 steps you have to put "pause 0x40".

frank$or
January 17th, 2007, 09:17 AM
@ christos again. ( meh, i begin to like you ^^ )

Last time i focused to much on the applymovement, And you also said something about trainerbattle.
Well, i don't get trainerbattle yet.

you said:
trainerbattle
Starts a trainer battle.
bKind is 0x00 for normal battles, 0x04 for 2-on-2 and 0x05 for rematches

What do you have to put in by battle intro defeat o_o

charimon
January 17th, 2007, 09:21 AM
He is really nice huh ^^

well I'll try to explain it:

trainerbattle
Starts a trainer battle.
bKind is 0x00 for normal battles, 0x04 for 2-on-2 and 0x05 for rematches.

Bkind is double/normal/gym, Ibattle is nr. of the trainer in PET(if i'm correct O_O), Ptr Intro is the tekst the trainer says first. PtrDefeat is when you defeated him.
for Ptr Intro/Defeat you just place the offset of the message.

the only thing i miss is a third pointer O_O at least that's what rubikon says xD.

GargnaroK
January 17th, 2007, 09:54 AM
You have to put 0x10 for each step. For example, if in the script the sprite moves 4 steps you have to put "pause 0x10".

Then, for example, if I want the sprite to moves 51 steps at any direction I must insert 51 pause 0x10 in the script?

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]

Christos
January 17th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Then, for example, if I want the sprite to moves 51 steps at any direction I must insert 51 pause 0x10 in the script?

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]

Sorry, my mistake. If it's 1 step it's "pause 0x10", 2 steps "pause 0x20" etc.
But remember that it's in hexadecimal so 10 steps should be "pause 0xA", 11 steps "pause 0xB" etc.
If you put 51 steps you have to add "pause 0x33".

GargnaroK
January 17th, 2007, 12:58 PM
What's wrong with this script? It makes the first movement(applymovement 0x4 0x7256C9) and then the game freezes!=\

#org 0x7256B4
checkflag 0xA10
if 0 0x7256BF
release
end

#org 0x7256BF
lock
faceplayer
applymovement 0x4 0x7256C9
pause 0x70
message 0x7256DF
boxset 0x4
applymovement 0x4 0x7256ED
applymovement 0xFF 0x7256FF
pause 0x35
message 0x72572D
boxset 0x4
applymovement 0x4 0x725739
applymovement 0xFF 0x725742
pause 0x10
message 0x725753
boxset 0x4
applymovement 0x4 0x72576A
applymovement 0xFF 0x72576F
pause 0x20
setflag 0xA10
release
end

#org 0x7256C9
#raw 3 62 1C 1C 1C 1C 13 FE

#org 0x7256DF
= ...!

#org 0x726ED
#raw 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 12 10 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 10 10 10 10 10 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 10 10 12 12 12 10 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 5 FE

#org 0x7256FF
#raw 12 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 12 10 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 10 10 10 10 10 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 10 10 12 12 12 10 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 5 FE

#org 0x72572D
= ...!

#org 0x725739
#raw 6 FE

#org 0x725742
#raw 7 FE

#org 0x725753
= scarfendowras!

#org 0x72576A
#raw 11 11 FE

#org 0x72576F
#raw 5 FE

[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]

WalrusGuy
January 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Hi; this is my first post here, and possibly my only one. I did a few searches and found nothing of value, so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules.

I'm doing an edit of Pokémon Gold. It's mainly just making humorous changes to the text, but there are a few other things that I'm changing as well. Everything has been going well so far...

...until I try to change the Pokémon that the NPC referred to only as DUDE catches when he gives you a Pokémon catching tutorial. I did a pointer search for the start of the tutorial. The offset for the pointer is 128F78. I've only been able to find two pointer calculators for Gold, and they all lead to 4A784F... which doesn't seem to exist!

If anyone could help me, I would be very thankful. I'm trying to change the Lv. 5 Rattata that he catches to a Lv. 99 Ho-Oh. I'm hoping I can do this by changing a 0513 (Lv. 5 Rattatta) to 99FA (Level 99 Ho-Oh.) Please tell me if these codes are wrong as well.

frank$or
January 18th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Stupid applymovement.
I can't get it to work.
People event doesn't work, and neither script.

Christos
January 18th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Stupid applymovement.
I can't get it to work.
People event doesn't work, and neither script.

Did you compile the script correctly?
Save the script as an .rbc file in the folder where ScriptED is. Its name must have no spaces in the name. The ROM must be in there too with no spaces in the name as well.

frank$or
January 18th, 2007, 04:23 AM
I use diamondcutter instead of scriptED.
For some reason scriptED doesn't work o_o. the scripts don't work.
Anyway, other script i compile @ diamondcutter work, so that isn't the problem.

Kuri-Chan ♪
January 18th, 2007, 04:52 AM
Hi!

I'm doing a VERY Basic hack, and belive me, I CAN NOT figure out Hex.

So, I wanted to make a little intro scene-- you know, Instead of driving to your house (It's a hack of Saphirre) you see another scene. And if anyone knows a Hex tuturial for Dummies, please send it to me.....xD

Blazichu
January 18th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Hi!

I'm doing a VERY Basic hack, and belive me, I CAN NOT figure out Hex.

So, I wanted to make a little intro scene-- you know, Instead of driving to your house (It's a hack of Saphirre) you see another scene. And if anyone knows a Hex tuturial for Dummies, please send it to me.....xD

Here is a basic hex editting Tut: http://www.4shared.com/file/8741394/9cd74154/allpurpose.html

Also check the Documents/Tutorials section for more help.

Blaziken626
January 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
How do I edit the text with Thingy32? I know you're supposed to press the spacebar, (and I have to press it twice) but I can't type in anything in the screen, and sometimes I can, but there's a limited amount to how much I can type. Please help!

Also, I have 2 more questions:

1. Is there a way to clear string space? When I load my Ruby hack ROM in Thingy, it says, it's out of string space.

2. Are there offsets (in Tile Molester) for the animation when the doors open? If so, could someone show me them?

Thanks a billion in advance!

Christos
January 19th, 2007, 04:03 AM
How do I edit the text with Thingy32? I know you're supposed to press the spacebar, (and I have to press it twice) but I can't type in anything in the screen, and sometimes I can, but there's a limited amount to how much I can type. Please help!

Also, I have 2 more questions:

1. Is there a way to clear string space? When I load my Ruby hack ROM in Thingy, it says, it's out of string space.

2. Are there offsets (in Tile Molester) for the animation when the doors open? If so, could someone show me them?

Thanks a billion in advance!

The offset for the door animations in Ruby is 308E00.

GargnaroK
January 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM
What´s the raw value for the movement "delay1/2/3" for FR?

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]

EDIT: Nevermind I found out the values by testing them, so that you know the values of the delays in FR are the values 18 to 1C

Glitchfinder
January 19th, 2007, 05:08 PM
How do I hex-edit trainers? I've used the search function, and all I come up with is questions about editing trainers with a reply similar to "you can hex edit them". I even went to the old tutorial archive, but the one post that would have had that was cut off. So, I was hoping that someone could post a tutorial on hex editing trainers. (including how to insert new trainer battles) Thanks! Oh, and if I missed something on the subject, can you please point me to where it is instead of just saying it's already posted?

phshfe
January 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM
I have saved, the tile set with Advance Map and edited some of the building and tree tiles,
but I can not seem to reload the new tile set.

The set needs to be a dib. file, what program can save to a dib. file?

Or am I just doing this all wrong.

Christos
January 19th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I have saved, the tile set with Advance Map and edited some of the building and tree tiles,
but I can not seem to reload the new tile set.

The set needs to be a dib. file, what program can save to a dib. file?

Or am I just doing this all wrong.

Export the tileset with Advance Map, edit it with Paint or whatever you want and load it back. That's all.

Matt Silver
January 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Where are all the Unzl GBA numbers for FRLG?
I can't seem to find it in the "Discovered' Docs and Tuts threads.

w_rink_ly
January 20th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Hi. I hav searched this thread (more than once) for the answer and cant find it. My question is how to insert overworld sprites instead of replacing them. I use overworld sprite editor rebirth. I find that changing the pallet of one overworld sprite will change the pallets of other overworld sprites as well. I hope that inserting overworld sprites will resolve this. Do i need to repoint data? If so how would I go about it?

W_rink_ly

GargnaroK
January 20th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Hi. I hav searched this thread (more than once) for the answer and cant find it. My question is how to insert overworld sprites instead of replacing them. I use overworld sprite editor rebirth. I find that changing the pallet of one overworld sprite will change the pallets of other overworld sprites as well. I hope that inserting overworld sprites will resolve this. Do i need to repoint data? If so how would I go about it?

W_rink_ly

I don't think that's possible to insert new sprites, because that means insert some new specific data in the game, but I'm not sure of this... what you can do is replace another sprite and chage the pallet...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Micklo
January 20th, 2007, 09:05 AM
How would you go about ripping characters from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? Is there an easier way than taking screenshots of each individual pose and them pasting them onto a single sheet?

I have already searched this thread for answers to my question and Scizz pointed to a site that has some of the PKD sprites. They do not have them past Poké number 126, and I really need second generation sprites, so I think it is valid if I post my request here.

Thanks in advance

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

DiamondDust
January 20th, 2007, 09:34 AM
How would you go about ripping characters from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? Is there an easier way than taking screenshots of each individual pose and them pasting them onto a single sheet?

I have already searched this thread for answers to my question and Scizz pointed to a site that has some of the PKD sprites. They do not have them past Poké number 126, and I really need second generation sprites, so I think it is valid if I post my request here.

Thanks in advance

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

Try going on www.pokemonelite2000.com
Though i don't know why you're posting here?

Micklo
January 20th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Try going on www.pokemonelite2000.com
Though i don't know why you're posting here?

They only have front poses. I need front, back, side and walking poses. I'm posting here so that I can get advice from someone of an easy way to rip PMD character sets easily.

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

GargnaroK
January 20th, 2007, 10:37 AM
They only have front poses. I need front, back, side and walking poses. I'm posting here so that I can get advice from someone of an easy way to rip PMD character sets easily.

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

You could always take a pic with f12 of the pokemon position you want while playing Pokemon MD rom and then get rid of the background with a transparent colour and then inserting it with the OverworldEditor - Rebirth Edition... or try a tile editing program and seek the sprites... the problem will probably be getting a suitable pallet...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

marz
January 20th, 2007, 11:21 AM
I need one quick thing. How can you change the odds of encountering a shiny pokemon? Is there a specific program for it? And if there is, where can I get it.

Thanks in advance.

ash2000
January 20th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I need one quick thing. How can you change the odds of encountering a shiny pokemon? Is there a specific program for it? And if there is, where can I get it.

Thanks in advance.

There is no such things yet now. People don't be bother to make one now.

SSJ4 Furanki
January 20th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I have a probobly stupid question what if i want to put D/P music in my hack and i have midi's and wavs can i put them in

Micklo
January 21st, 2007, 01:54 AM
You could always take a pic with f12 of the pokemon position you want while playing Pokemon MD rom and then get rid of the background with a transparent colour and then inserting it with the OverworldEditor - Rebirth Edition... or try a tile editing program and seek the sprites... the problem will probably be getting a suitable pallet...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

This is basically what I really do not want to do. Is there a way that I can rip them straight from the ROM without having to take screenshots of every single pose?

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

DiamondDust
January 21st, 2007, 02:10 AM
I have a probobly stupid question what if i want to put D/P music in my hack and i have midi's and wavs can i put them in

You need a sound editor tool, try searching for sappy, it should be in the 1st website of the temporary tool resource.

Here's the link for the website:
http://rhtools.scizz.com/

And if you can't find sappy there, try searching the other websites:
http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=77288

Hope it helped.

w_rink_ly
January 21st, 2007, 04:47 AM
Does anyone know how to use a table file (or thingy etc) with hex workshop?

GargnaroK
January 21st, 2007, 05:55 AM
This is basically what I really do not want to do. Is there a way that I can rip them straight from the ROM without having to take screenshots of every single pose?

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

Has I said you could use a program like TLP, TileED or tile molester to rip the sprites from the rom, but you'll have to search for them which can be a real pain...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Blaziken626
January 21st, 2007, 07:39 AM
Can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong in PokeCryGUI? Here's what I did:

1. Typed in the PokeID for Treecko (277).
2. Loaded the WAV for Naetle's cry.
3. Clicked on the dump button.
4. When I heard the cry, it was the same as Treecko's cry, not Naetle's.
5. Edited the WAV file which had Treecko's cry in it so that it had Naetle's instead.
6. Did the same thing as steps 1-3.
7. I heard the cry, and it did sound a little like Naetle's cry, but it was static-y.

Please, I need help with this! I'd greatly appreciate it!

Glitchfinder
January 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM
Can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong in PokeCryGUI? Here's what I did:

1. Typed in the PokeID for Treecko (277).
2. Loaded the WAV for Naetle's cry.
3. Clicked on the dump button.
4. When I heard the cry, it was the same as Treecko's cry, not Naetle's.
5. Edited the WAV file which had Treecko's cry in it so that it had Naetle's instead.
6. Did the same thing as steps 1-3.
7. I heard the cry, and it did sound a little like Naetle's cry, but it was static-y.

Actually, a GBA or earlier ROM can't perfectly play DS music. (Let's face it, DS music is just all that much better) Also, you need to convert Treecko's number to hex. (Divide 277 by 16. That equals 17.3125. So, multiply the decimal to get 5, then divide 17 by 16. You get 1.0625. .0625x16=1. So, you get 115. That is the Hex number of Treecko, which you need to use [I just realized something. The game skips a few Pokemon spaces before going to R/S Pokemon. That means I just taught you to hex, but that the number I gave you is incorrect. You have to increase the total {before hexing} by 25 if you want R/S Pokemon. (Oh, and they are a little out of order too, I know because Chimecho is last in Hex.])

How do I hex-edit trainers? I've used the search function, and all I come up with is questions about editing trainers with a reply similar to "you can hex edit them". I even went to the old tutorial archive, but the one post that would have had that was cut off. So, I was hoping that someone could post a tutorial on hex editing trainers. (including how to insert new trainer battles) Thanks! Oh, and if I missed something on the subject, can you please point me to where it is instead of just saying it's already posted?

OK. I think I need to update my question. I found where the trainers are in the game I'm hacking. Now, my new questions are as follows:

1. What are the hex numbers for the different attacks? (I searched for it here, and found a thread with an uploaded document with the numbers, but the document didn't work when I clicked on it. Instead, it loaded a blank page)
2. How do you read a reference to another part of the coding? It appears to be backward, but I'm not totally sure.

( I have done extensive searches in regard to both of these questions, with no viable results)

ps: Sorry about the double post Scizz. It was too late when I realized what happened. Thanks for merging them.

Blaziken626
January 21st, 2007, 01:41 PM
Actually, a GBA or earlier ROM can't perfectly play DS music. (Let's face it, DS music is just all that much better) Also, you need to convert Treecko's number to hex. (Divide 277 by 16. That equals 17.3125. So, multiply the decimal to get 5, then divide 17 by 16. You get 1.0625. .0625x16=1. So, you get 115. That is the Hex number of Treecko, which you need to use [I just realized something. The game skips a few Pokemon spaces before going to R/S Pokemon. That means I just taught you to hex, but that the number I gave you is incorrect. You have to increase the total {before hexing} by 25 if you want R/S Pokemon. (Oh, and they are a little out of order too, I know because Chimecho is last in Hex.])

I actually already add 25 to 252 (Treecko's National Dex number) to get 277. And, I listened to Treecko's cry in the ROM itself, so I got the PokeID right. And about what you first said, I saw a video on YouTube that had a Ruby game with D/P cries. And could you walk me through the changing to hex thing again? I don't understand how you ended up with 115.

Glitchfinder
January 21st, 2007, 01:50 PM
I actually already add 25 to 252 (Treecko's National Dex number) to get 277. And, I listened to Treecko's cry in the ROM itself, so I got the PokeID right. And about what you first said, I saw a video on YouTube that had a Ruby game with D/P cries. And could you walk me through the changing to hex thing again? I don't understand how you ended up with 115.

Well, they could easily have edited the video. I have reason to believe that the ROM can only play GBA compatible music, which means that DS music will sound a little staticky. Also, it could be the tool you are using...

SSJ4 Furanki
January 21st, 2007, 05:26 PM

HahA holy crap probobly you saw my frist video yah i have dp creis holy crap if you herad a diaruga munclax a staticy mukkuru and a parukia then you saw mine.

Hex had nothing to do with mine i can edit the cries in ruby perfectly fine you also have to have the cries at

11.025Khz at 8bit for it to work properly

Oh if you need cries right now i have the first 10 + Munchlax and Parukia/Diaruga

Blaziken626
January 21st, 2007, 05:56 PM
HahA holy crap probobly you saw my frist video yah i have dp creis holy crap if you herad a diaruga munclax a staticy mukkuru and a parukia then you saw mine.

Hex had nothing to do with mine i can edit the cries in ruby perfectly fine you also have to have the cries at

11.025Khz at 8bit for it to work properly

Oh if you need cries right now i have the first 10 + Munchlax and Parukia/Diaruga

Thanks for the offer, but I already know a good place to get ALL the cries (except Darkrai, Shemi, and Arseus). Although they aren't of the best quality. There's a video on YouTube where someone showed their entire complete Pokedex in D/P. It only gave away the cries of the D/P Pokemon in the video, not anything else. But if you could tell me how to get them to that amount of Khz and bits, then it would be great.

SSJ4 Furanki
January 21st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I already know a good place to get ALL the cries (except Darkrai, Shemi, and Arseus). Although they aren't of the best quality. There's a video on YouTube where someone showed their entire complete Pokedex in D/P. It only gave away the cries of the D/P Pokemon in the video, not anything else. But if you could tell me how to get them to that amount of Khz and bits, then it would be great.

I could get you them once i get the national dex in diamond but t Told you what the right thing was 11.025Khz at 8bit wavs for it to work

ash2000
January 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Does anyone know how to make Cut Scripts.

Blaziken626
January 22nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
I could get you them once i get the national dex in diamond but t Told you what the right thing was 11.025Khz at 8bit wavs for it to work

I know, but I said I need to know how to do that.

frank$or
January 23rd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know how to make Cut Scripts.

You could copy one of the other cut scripts?
( the AM/EM offsets )

Prof. 9
January 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM
Here's a question: I made a script:
#org 0x6B44D0
checkflag 0x80C
if 1 0x6B4502
applymovement 0x9 0x6B4534
pause 0x0
message 0x6B4566
boxset 0x2
applymovement APPLY_MOVEPLAYER 0x6B4598
pause 0x
release
end

#org 0x6B4502
message 0x6B45CA
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x6B4566
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B4566
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4534
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B4598
#binary 09 FE

(I'll edit AAABBBCCC and CCCBBBAAA later in Advance Text)
Anyway, I called this script WFG.rbc, and tried to insert it into a Ruby ROM which I named HELLO.gba. When I try to insert it, Diamond Cutter says "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch", and all I can do is click the OK button to return to Diamond Cutter. I tried giving the ROM other names, but it didn't work. However, I CAN insert any other script.
Here's a screenshot of Diamond Cutter:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/38/temporary7ro.png

Can anyone help me out?

Christos
January 23rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
#org 0x6B44D0
checkflag 0x80C
if 1 0x6B4502
pause 0x0
message 0x6B4566
boxset 0x2
pause 0x
release
end

#org 0x6B4502
message 0x6B45CA
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x6B4566
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B4566
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4534
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B4598
#binary 09 FE

(I'll edit AAABBBCCC and CCCBBBAAA later in Advance Text)
Anyway, I called this script WFG.rbc, and tried to insert it into a Ruby ROM which I named HELLO.gba. When I try to insert it, Diamond Cutter says "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch", and all I can do is click the OK button to return to Diamond Cutter. I tried giving the ROM other names, but it didn't work. However, I CAN insert any other script.
Here's a screenshot of Diamond Cutter:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/38/temporary7ro.png

Can anyone help me out?

Were the ROM and the script file in the same folder a DC?
If they were then try another offset.
Aand you didn't put the pause for the player's movement.

Prof. 9
January 23rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
I edited the script a little bit:
#org 0x6B44F0
checkflag 0x80C
if 1 0x6B4522
applymovement 0x9 0x6B4554
pause 0x0
message 0x6B4586
boxset 0x2
applymovement APPLY_MOVEPLAYER 0x6B45A8
pause 0x0
release
end

#org 0x6B4522
message 0x6B45EA
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x6B4586
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B45EA
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4554
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B45A8
#binary 09 FE

I tried inserting it again. Failure.

I then opened the ROM in Hexecute and went to the script's offset. This is what appeared, and it wasn't there before: 2B 0C 08 06 01 22 45 6B 08 4F 09 00 54 45 6B 08 28 00 00 0F 00 86 45 6B 08 09 02 4F

I'll try decoding it using Diamond Cutter's command database...

EDIT: I opened it with ScriptEd now, and this is what turned up:
#org 0x6B44F0
checkflag 0x80C
if 0x1 jump 0x6B4522
applymovement 0x9 0x86B4554
pause 0x0
msgbox 0x86B4586 '"FAB0BABE6B4586"
callstd 0x2
applymovement 0x-1 0xFFFFFFFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
Looks like something's wrong with the command to move the player...

Christos
January 23rd, 2007, 08:47 AM
I edited the script a little bit:
#org 0x6B44F0
checkflag 0x80C
if 1 0x6B4522
pause 0x0
message 0x6B4586
boxset 0x2
applymovement APPLY_MOVEPLAYER 0x6B45A8
pause 0x0
release
end

#org 0x6B4522
message 0x6B45EA
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x6B4586
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B45EA
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4554
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B45A8
#binary 09 FE

I tried inserting it again. Failure.

I then opened the ROM in Hexecute and went to the script's offset. This is what appeared, and it wasn't there before: 2B 0C 08 06 01 22 45 6B 08 4F 09 00 54 45 6B 08 28 00 00 0F 00 86 45 6B 08 09 02 4F

I'll try decoding it using Diamond Cutter's command database...

EDIT: I opened it with ScriptEd now, and this is what turned up:
#org 0x6B44F0
checkflag 0x80C
if 0x1 jump 0x6B4522
applymovement 0x9 0x86B4554
pause 0x0
msgbox 0x86B4586 '"FAB0BABE6B4586"
callstd 0x2
applymovement 0x-1 0xFFFFFFFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
#raw 0xFF
Looks like something's wrong with the command to move the player...

Try "applymovement 0xFF" or "applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER".

Prof. 9
January 23rd, 2007, 08:59 AM
Both don't work, I keep getting the Run-time error.

GargnaroK
January 23rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
#org 0x6B44D0
checkflag 0x80C
if 1 0x6B4502
pause 0x0
message 0x6B4566
boxset 0x2
pause 0x
release
end

#org 0x6B4502
message 0x6B45CA
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x6B4566
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B4566
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4534
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B4598
#binary 09 FE

Can anyone help me out?

Try this...

#org 0x6B44F0
checkflag 0x80C
if 1 0x6B4522
pause 0x10
message 0x6B4586
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0xFF 0x6B45A8
pause 0x10
release
end

#org 0x6B4522
message 0x6B45EA
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x6B4586
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B45EA
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4554
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B45A8
#binary 09 FE

I didn't test the script itself, but it inserted fine...
It can also be due the lack of some files, try searching for them...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

ash2000
January 23rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Both don't work, I keep getting the Run-time error.

You could try and put DC, your Rom and scripts in the EliteMap folder and try again.

Reinstall VB runtime 6.0

cyberpsygen7
January 23rd, 2007, 11:09 PM
the rules are no roms trafficked via this site to protect you guys from legal silliness, and the sneaky way around this is to traffic .ips patches instead. my main question is how do i turn a hacked version of Pokemon into an .ips file that can be posted here or emailed to my friends to beta test?

i have lips and have been using it to apply patches to super Nintendo roms for years, i had just never even thought about making my own hacks until this Christmas.

Prof. 9
January 24th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Try this...

#org 0x6B44F0
checkflag 0x80C
if 1 0x6B4522
pause 0x10
message 0x6B4586
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0xFF 0x6B45A8
pause 0x10
release
end

#org 0x6B4522
message 0x6B45EA
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x6B4586
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x6B45EA
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x6B4554
#binary 56 FE

#org 0x6B45A8
#binary 09 FE

I didn't test the script itself, but it inserted fine...
It can also be due the lack of some files, try searching for them...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
YAAHOO!! It works! Thanks a lot!
But what did you change to make it work? If I know that, I might be able to avoid more problems...

EDIT: Aw, it crashes when I active it in the game...

For a bit more information, this is what the script is suppossed to do:
-Check if the player has obtained the 6th Badge. If yes,
-Say "CCCBBBAAA" and end the script. If no,
-Make a "!" appear above guard's head (people number 9)
-Say "AAABBBCCC", make the player walk up one tile and end the script.
I'm hacking Pokémon Ruby Version.

Christos
January 24th, 2007, 09:11 AM
But what did you change to make it work? If I know that, I might be able to avoid more problems...

Is the 6th badge's flag 0x80C?
I'll type the script now.

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x80C
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x800100
applymovement 0x9 0x800300
pause 0x10
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF 0x800500
pause 0x10
release
end

#org 0x800100
message 0x800200
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x800400
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x800300
#raw 0x56
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x800500
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xFE

GargnaroK
January 24th, 2007, 09:19 AM

I tested the script and it was fine, maybe you didn't filled the unknown and var number squares and without that your script can be triggered and the game will crash... I changed de applymoveplayer to 0xFF and applyed the pause 0x10 commands this was maybe due to the applymoveplayer maybe rubikon doesn't recognize it, dunno=\ ...
If the problem persists tell us and we'll gladly help you...
Oh, and an advise try to check everyone else's scripts and try to understand them, it's the best way to learn how to script! =)

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]

Scales
January 24th, 2007, 09:58 PM
1.Okay I am having huge problems with importing/exporting trainer images. I am trying to import a trainer sprite but RSball doesnt let me Import. Is there a program that allows you to import trainer images?

2. I cant acess backpics with RSball. Everytime I try there is an error message that says "Trainer backpics location is not specified in the INI. Is there a program where I can export/import backpics?

GargnaroK
January 25th, 2007, 01:44 AM
1.Okay I am having huge problems with importing/exporting trainer images. I am trying to import a trainer sprite but RSball doesnt let me Import. Is there a program that allows you to import trainer images?

2. I cant acess backpics with RSball. Everytime I try there is an error message that says "Trainer backpics location is not specified in the INI. Is there a program where I can export/import backpics?

Just use unLZ-gba, it's the best when it takes to the game sprites... But make sure the images are indexed... I only use rs ball has a source of those sprites because unLZ offers a better premormance...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Prof. 9
January 25th, 2007, 05:58 AM
I tested the script and it was fine, maybe you didn't filled the unknown and var number squares and without that your script can be triggered and the game will crash... I changed de applymoveplayer to 0xFF and applyed the pause 0x10 commands this was maybe due to the applymoveplayer maybe rubikon doesn't recognize it, dunno=\ ...
If the problem persists tell us and we'll gladly help you...
Oh, and an advise try to check everyone else's scripts and try to understand them, it's the best way to learn how to script! =)

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]

Hm... what do I have to fill in, then?

Is the 6th badge's flag 0x80C?
I'll type the script now.

Code:
#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x80C
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call 0x800100
applymovement 0x9 0x800300
pause 0x10
message 0x800400
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xFF 0x800500
pause 0x10
release
end

#org 0x800100
message 0x800200
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= CCCBBBAAA

#org 0x800400
= AAABBBCCC

#org 0x800300
#raw 0x56
#raw 0xFE

#org 0x800500
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xFE
I think so... I searched this thread to find it.

EDIT: Never mind cuz I FINALLY got it to work!!

Arashi
January 25th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I searched around and I got no answer, so I'm asking this here.

I want to start hacking again. But I don't know which ROM to choose. I mean... I know it's gonna be either Fire Red or Emerald, but I can't choose... I've been thinking of the good points each one of them has to offer and I think Emerald is better. But still.

Any help would be appreciated. ^^

Scales
January 25th, 2007, 12:54 PM

I want to start hacking again. But I don't know which ROM to choose. I mean... I know it's gonna be either Fire Red or Emerald, but I can't choose... I've been thinking of the good points each one of them has to offer and I think Emerald is better. But still.

Basicly it doesnt matter on what ROM you want. Basicly do you like the story of FR/LG better or Emerald? Or if you want to change events do you like the maps of FR/LG or Emerald. The Sky's the limit

Also my question is still left unanswered

I used that tool but for some reason when I use it on the rom I want for some reason it just gives me some colored pixles. Also how do you index images. This tool is very comlicated to use

ash2000
January 25th, 2007, 01:05 PM

You could use the rom which you have skilled on, which has more tools, more experience on.
But try hacking Firered.

_-Davie-_
January 25th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Hey,

After searching and reading for a long time I unfortunately couldn't find a solution to what I'm about to ask. I Hope Someone Can Help Me...

The Rom I Am Hacking Is Pokemon Ruby(AXVE)

I know how to edit the intro scene(I'm talking about the scene with Latios and Latias by the way), my method is by exporting and importing the images using un-LZ GBA. I know all the numbers and everything. I noticed the colours looked odd before i exported them but i presume they just change into different colours when in-game.

So I proceeded to first just change the male characters hair along with its colour. For the colour i opened up the rom(un-hacked) to see which colour transferred into a yellow-ish colour. I discovered i could use the colour on the bag(see attatchment one) which was orange(out of game).

I then made these changes making sure that i kept within the border-line of the character and using the same orange (i did this by using the dropper-tool). You can check what I did by seeing attatchment two.

I imported the edited picture into the game over the right image (No.189) in un-LZ GBA.

However when viewing my current work in VisualBoyAdvance I noticed there was obviously a serious problem(See attatchment three).

Basically I am very stuck so I really would appreiciate any help.

Thanks In Advance,
-Davie-

Scales
January 25th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Okay I am starting to learn how to use unLZ-GBA. But I am still having problems. I am trying to change trainer sprites from FR to Emerald. I am using RS ball to export them. Then I imported with unLZ-GBA. But what do I do next?

Is there a tutorial for unLZ-GBA?

ash2000
January 26th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Okay I am starting to learn how to use unLZ-GBA. But I am still having problems. I am trying to change trainer sprites from FR to Emerald. I am using RS ball to export them. Then I imported with unLZ-GBA. But what do I do next?

Is there a tutorial for unLZ-GBA?

You can Export and import trainer sprites with unLZ-GBA. I have got one tutorial for ruby and sapphire.

Prof. 9
January 26th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Here's a question: Does anybody know how to use the SPRITEMOVE command? I want to make a script that moves a certain guy to a certain location, and found this in the Rubikon command list...

GargnaroK
January 26th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Here's a question: Does anybody know how to use the SPRITEMOVE command? I want to make a script that moves a certain guy to a certain location, and found this in the Rubikon command list...

And to move sprites to a certain location on the map, use this command:
#raw 57
#raw [event number to move]
#raw 00
#raw [x position in hex]
#raw 00
#raw [y position in hex]
#raw 00

I don't know if you're refering to this, but here it is =)!

[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Prof. 9
January 26th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Thank you so much! Now I can finally start working on my hack!

Scales
January 26th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Okay ive got one more question. The tutorial you supplied gives me numbers to use in unLZ-GBA. Where exactly do I imput them? If i put them in goto or select Pal. It will give me some random pixles. Where do I put all these numbers

Prof. 9
January 26th, 2007, 07:42 AM
In goto.

But those numbers only work if you haven't deep-scanned you ROM yet.

ash2000
January 26th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Okay ive got one more question. The tutorial you supplied gives me numbers to use in unLZ-GBA. Where exactly do I input them? If i put them in goto or select Pal. It will give me some random pixles. Where do I put all these numbers

Grim, i have posted the numbers. Just check the last post on the top and download the attachment. Okay.

Prof. 9
January 26th, 2007, 11:06 PM
A question! Again...

Anyway, I know there is a way to make a Pokémon battle sprite appear/dissappear on the screen, but I don't know how! Can anyone tell me the command?

EDIT: Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizz
And to move sprites to a certain location on the map, use this command:

Code:
#raw 57
#raw [event number to move]
#raw 00
#raw [x position in hex]
#raw 00
#raw [y position in hex]
#raw 00

I don't know if you're refering to this, but here it is =)!

[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
By the way, will these commands move a certain sprite instantly, or, for example, when you reload the map?

GargnaroK
January 27th, 2007, 04:39 AM
A question! Again...

Anyway, I know there is a way to make a Pokémon battle sprite appear/dissappear on the screen, but I don't know how! Can anyone tell me the command?

EDIT:
By the way, will these commands move a certain sprite instantly, or, for example, when you reload the map?

What do you mean with pokemon battle sprite? If you mean a regular in-game sprite on the map the commands are:

To hide sprites on the map, use this command:
#raw 53
#raw [event number of the person]
#raw 00

To show sprites, you have to add this command:
#raw 55
#raw [event number of the person]
#raw 00

For example the command to change the sprite position is triggered by a flag... If the flag is triggered on the same map as the sprite, it won't change the position instantly, as you said it needs to be reloaded... But if triggered elsewhere rather than the map the sprite is, it will change position instantly...

Hope it helped...
[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]

Prof. 9
January 27th, 2007, 04:45 AM
What do you mean with pokemon battle sprite? If you mean a regular in-game sprite on the map the commands are:

For example the command to change the sprite position is triggered by a flag... If the flag is triggered on the same map as the sprite, it won't change the position instantly, as you said it needs to be reloaded... But if made elsewhere rather than the map the sprite is, it will change position instantly...

Hope it helped...
[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]

1. No, I mean a sprite like
http://www.pokemongemmine.nl/npgm/sprites/381.gif
that.

2. Eh, huh? I don't quite understand. What I mean is that if I trigger an event containing the command to move a sprite to a new position on the map, without setting a flag, will it instantly go to there, and return to its original position once I reload the map?

And I have another question: What flag do I have to use with the checkflag command if I want to check if the player has at least one Pokémon with him?

GargnaroK
January 27th, 2007, 05:14 AM
that.

2. Eh, huh? I don't quite understand. What I mean is that if I trigger an event containing the command to move a sprite to a new position on the map, without setting a flag, will it instantly go to there, and return to its original position once I reload the map?

And I have another question: What flag do I have to use with the checkflag command if I want to check if the player has at least one Pokémon with him?

1. No I don't think that's possible in hacks, only I've only see that in the game section...

2. No, it will remain the position if you reload the map the only way to make it change and return is, for example, triggering a flag(to change positions) and then clearing that same flag(to return to original position)...

3. Dunno search in the thread or wait for someone to answer you...=\

[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Christos
January 27th, 2007, 09:10 AM
http://www.pokemongemmine.nl/npgm/sprites/381.gif
that.

When the player gets a Pokémon, the flag 0x800 (Ruby), 0x860 (Emerald) must be activated for the party flag. So the script must check for that flag.

Colin
January 27th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I have a question now.
How do I use TileMolester?
I'm trying to change the in battle trainer sprites of the male and female characters but I can't find them, nor do I know how to use the TileMolester...
I already know that they are compressed data, but, how do I get to it?
Does anyone know how to help me?

_-Davie-_
January 27th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I have a question now.
How do I use TileMolester?
I'm trying to change the in battle trainer sprites of the male and female characters but I can't find them, nor do I know how to use the TileMolester...
I already know that they are compressed data, but, how do I get to it?
Does anyone know how to help me?

Hey There,
From experience I have found that in order to change the in battle trainer sprites it is far easier to use un-LZ GBA, a very user-friendly tool. If I'm correct, I believe you can find a link to it in the tools forum. If you have problems downloading it then just add me on msn and i'll send you it or on the other hand if you have problems working it you can do likewise.
Hope everything works out,
-Davie-

Overclocked
January 27th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Is there a tool to import your own world map into Ruby?

ash2000
January 27th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Is there a tool to import your own world map into Ruby?

You use unLZ to import the maptiles and change it with cycloneprotype. there is a tutorial to change a map (plz read help, then how to operate.)

Scales
January 27th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Okay Im using unLZ-GBA. Im looking for protagonist fronts and backs. But I cant find them. Im in Pokemon emerald. What are the digits for them? The pics are different in the tutorial

Christos
January 28th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Okay Im using unLZ-GBA. Im looking for protagonist fronts and backs. But I cant find them. Im in Pokemon emerald. What are the digits for them? The pics are different in the tutorial

Hero: 1939
Heroine: 1940

You have to use the Tile Molester or TLP to edit their backsprites, they're somewhere in the end.

frank$or
January 28th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Ok i´m hacking pokémon FR.
The problem is, i can´t use Dexter, so i can´t change the pokedex settings.
( doesn't support fr or something? )

And also, in PET, some pokemons attack cannot be changed.
They then will get weird attacks.
Help?

Kuri-Chan ♪
January 28th, 2007, 02:46 AM
I know I sound like a N00b, but I can't open maps in Elitemap! I really need to Open Pallet Town, but I can't find where...

It supports my ROM fine. It's Leaf Green. I just can't find where you Open the map you want to edit.... >.<

Christos
January 28th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Ok i´m hacking pokémon FR.
The problem is, i can´t use Dexter, so i can´t change the pokedex settings.
( doesn't support fr or something? )

And also, in PET, some pokemons attack cannot be changed.
They then will get weird attacks.
Help?

Dexter doesn't support FR/LG/E.
And you can't edit most of the pkmn's moves with PET so you have to use a hex editor.

I know I sound like a N00b, but I can't open maps in Elitemap! I really need to Open Pallet Town, but I can't find where...

It supports my ROM fine. It's Leaf Green. I just can't find where you Open the map you want to edit.... >.<

I had the same problem when I started hacking so I used Advance Map.
Next to the open button choose a map level and map bank.
But you should use Advance Map, it's much more easier.

_-Davie-_
January 28th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Hey,

Hardly anyone ever actually replies and helps me out so please can someone this time! ^.^

I'm currently editting tilesets which has been going fine so far but on advance map the flower tile looks how it now should (i editted the grass so i edited the grass behind the flower aswell) however when i play my rom the flower in the game hasnt changed at all despite it looking like it has in AdvanceMap.

Can someone please try and explain why this has happened and if there is a solution to this problem.

Much Appreciated,
-Davie-

BlackRainbow*
January 28th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Hey,

Hardly anyone ever actually replies and helps me out so please can someone this time! ^.^

I'm currently editting tilesets which has been going fine so far but on advance map the flower tile looks how it now should (i editted the grass so i edited the grass behind the flower aswell) however when i play my rom the flower in the game hasnt changed at all despite it looking like it has in AdvanceMap.

Can someone please try and explain why this has happened and if there is a solution to this problem.

Much Appreciated,
-Davie-

That is couse you diidn't change the animations of the flower you just change the tiles
You can change the animations of flowers water etc whit TLP

_-Davie-_
January 28th, 2007, 07:16 AM
hey again,

Ah right thanks Alma Core, sorry to be of a bother but do you think you could tell me what i need to do to put in in tlp, do i just need to load the rom/tileset into tlp and simply edit it or?

Thanks a Bunch,
-Davie-

BlackRainbow*
January 28th, 2007, 09:07 AM
hey again,

Ah right thanks Alma Core, sorry to be of a bother but do you think you could tell me what i need to do to put in in tlp, do i just need to load the rom/tileset into tlp and simply edit it or?

Thanks a Bunch,
-Davie-

you have to load your rom find the flower movement and edit it

Colin
January 28th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Hey There,
From experience I have found that in order to change the in battle trainer sprites it is far easier to use un-LZ GBA, a very user-friendly tool. If I'm correct, I believe you can find a link to it in the tools forum. If you have problems downloading it then just add me on msn and i'll send you it or on the other hand if you have problems working it you can do likewise.
Hope everything works out,
-Davie-
Acually, I'm trying to edit the back sprites of the main heros.
I know they are in there as compressed data...somewhere...
By the way, I'm hacking FireRed.
(I dont have MSN for messaging but, thats not the problem.)