PDA

View Full Version : [Archive] Simple Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Jeremy
January 22nd, 2006, 11:06 AM
Hey sweeties! Since, many of you have never heard of the search function on PC, nor read the other threads here, all of you may ask your questions concerning basic ROM hacking in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, just ask your simple questions here. This helps us reduce spam, and puts all your questions in one easy to find location. Okie? =3

Some sample simple questions:
(Anyone found answering these questions will have their post deleted)

How do use edit the text?
How do I edit the sprites?
How do I edit the title screen?
How do I make a script?

And some rules:

You cannot ask for ROMs. Just use google or some P2P program for all your illegal needs.

Do not ask the same questions over and over again. Instead, search the thread if it already has been answered and if not, just wait for someone to answer it! If you don't want to wait, just search (http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php) the forum and try to find an answer yourself. Almost everything has been answered before.

Do not demand for answers to your questions! People to not have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to! Not only are those posts annoying, they also are completely pointless! If such a post is found, it will probably be deleted.And a notice: If your post is being deleted from this thread, you have probably asked a question which has already been asked and answered before. In that case, just use the search function or read through the previous pages of the thread to find your answer!

Ask away and enjoy, sweeties! =3

Shaneypoo17
January 22nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hi all... i rly need help in quite afew stuff...
1.how can i make the emerald title screen look like this?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Shaneypoo17/ChroniclesOFash_01.jpg

2. how to change the starters on fire red?

3. where is the prof oak sprite in unlz? if its uncompressed can u giv me offset...

4.how to add new events with elite map....

5. what unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?

ty thats all any help will be greatly appreciated

Arken Daemon
January 22nd, 2006, 08:24 PM
I am trying to make a hack of fire red and the wild pokemon editor I was using "Bewildered" couldn't open the rom it said Supported Rom, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified. What do I do?

If nobody knows than does anybody know a Wild Pokemon Editor for fire red that actually works.

mew183
January 23rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
1.I wanna make it in a hack.............where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey.

2.Can i get a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town.

3.where is the battle style trainer for fr/lg in unzl,boy and girl.

4.what is the whole list of over world pokemon sprites,and if theirs a flag what.

All for Leef Green..............

amnesiahacker
January 23rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
How can i make the emerald title screen look like this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Shaneypoo17/ChroniclesOFash_01.jpg

How to change the starters on fire red?

Where is the prof oak sprite in unlz?

How do I add new events with elite map?

What unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?

I wanna make it in a hack where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey. How would one do this?

Can I create a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town?

Where is the battle style trainer for fr/lg in unlz, boy and girl.

what is the whole list of over world pokemon sprites. And if there's a flag what is it.

------------------------------------
It would be better if people structure their questions like this, simply because they are nicer to look at and get to the point.

Shaneypoo17
January 23rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
ive noticed.. that a whole lot of people are askin but no1 is answering... ok... mew183:
for q.1. onlyway i kno u can do it is if u do 1 starter and edit a persons sprite so there is a pokemon behind it... 2. use ssc by dark E here (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58900) 3.umm for fire red u can use this (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40475) and 4.get overworld editor by xeon... :S anywayz its here (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44035) :D i hope i helped. oh and for arken daemon use advance map and go to the wild pokemon section... hope i helped again 0_o :D training for being a mod lol.

beauty. proletariat
January 23rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
hey people... umm, how do u make the guy who stops u in petalburg, and takes u to the gym, take u to anudda place, i wanna make him go sumwhere else to show me the gym... but so far... BAD LUK

manson_30
January 24th, 2006, 09:46 AM
I need help bad stile
i am workin on my first hack made all teh over word sprites and i am workin on teh maps on EliteMap and then some freaky sh*t happens when i try and ply the game!!!!
i cant walk anywhere that i have edited what do i DOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks plz i meed help

ye i have downloaded EliteMap and it has a program called bewildered and it wont even open all that i get is "no GBA roms in currant directory at all " how do i sort this out??

smithy.boy
January 24th, 2006, 11:45 AM
where you can change someone into a pokeball with an item, it asks whats the number of the item you want the pokeball to contain.
Could someone give me a list of the items next to there numbers?

>>>>EDIT:
as my posts been move here. ill answer some questions.

How to change the starters on fire red?
Use poketronic, it has a thing on ti called firestarter. You could also check the tutorials for a hex awlkthrough, or you can use advance starter.

Where is the prof oak sprite in unlz?
Cant help you there i believe hes a compressed image you have to use tlp to change i think.

What unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?
1367, 1368 is the ones on ruby. Im guessing there be near there.

I wanna make it in a hack where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey. How would one do this?
Cant help you there but it would use really advance scripting, find a really good hacker and Pm them.

Can I create a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town?
yes but i cant help you wid that. maybe check the scripts sectio nin documents/tutorials.

Arken Daemon try useing advance map for changing wild pokemon, its alot easier.

manson_30 you cant walk anywhere. have you changed the move data on advance map yet. The 1s on the mpa mean solid and the Cs mean where you can walk.
No rom in directory means you gotta put your rom in the directory. E.g. put it in the elitemap folder.

Drake1012, you would have to change the script. Or maybe on elitemap or advancemap move where he is standing and experiment on where he turns out..say you've moved the gym 7 spaces left and 6 up do the same with the character.

I hope this hleped any of you, sorry if it didn't/

Pazuzu
January 24th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Answering time! XD
Everybody is allowed to answer questions here, just by the way!

Hi all... i rly need help in quite afew stuff...
1.how can i make the emerald title screen look like this?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Shaneypoo17/ChroniclesOFash_01.jpg

2. how to change the starters on fire red?

3. where is the prof oak sprite in unlz? if its uncompressed can u giv me offset...

4.how to add new events with elite map....

5. what unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?

ty thats all any help will be greatly appreciated
1. Edit the Tiledata of the Titlescreen. Export it with unLZ-GBA, edit it and import it back in.
Then change the pallete of the Titlescreen to match your needed colors.

2. Goto these Offsets with your Hex-Editor and change the Pokmon-bytes to the ones you like: (A list of values can be found here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52382).)
Bulbasaur: 169BB5
Charmander: 169D82
Squirtle: 169DB8

3. It's uncompressed. You can find it at offset 0045EE00 with TLP or Tile-Molester.

4. Go to the objects tab, select the event type and CTRL+Click on "Repoint". Then enter the new amount of the event and an offset with free space.

5. They are uncompressed. The animations are starting at offset 00D66400. Edit them with TLP or Tile-Molester.

I am trying to make a hack of fire red and the wild pokemon editor I was using "Bewildered" couldn't open the rom it said Supported Rom, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified. What do I do?

If nobody knows than does anybody know a Wild Pokemon Editor for fire red that actually works. You have to add the Wild-Pokmon offset to your PokeRoms.ini in order to use bewildered.

Alternatively, you can edit the Wild Pokmon by using Advance-Map.

hey people... umm, how do u make the guy who stops u in petalburg, and takes u to the gym, take u to anudda place, i wanna make him go sumwhere else to show me the gym... but so far... BAD LUK You have to edit his Script. ScriptED will help you with that. (It comes with EliteMap.)
See the "commands.htm" and "tutorial.htm" that are located in the EliteMap folder and the Script Database in the Tutorial forum.

I need help bad stile
i am workin on my first hack made all teh over word sprites and i am workin on teh maps on EliteMap and then some freaky sh*t happens when i try and ply the game!!!!
i cant walk anywhere that i have edited what do i DOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks plz i meed help

ye i have downloaded EliteMap and it has a program called bewildered and it wont even open all that i get is "no GBA roms in currant directory at all " how do i sort this out?? As I told you via PM already, you have to edit the movement permissions.
Click on an attribute from the "Attribute" box, then on the Tile of a Tileset you want to have that attribute on.
Now put it on your map.
It is easier to edit them with AdvanceMap though.

That means that you have to put your *.GBA roms in the same directory as the program in order to be able to open them.

where you can change someone into a pokeball with an item, it asks whats the number of the item you want the pokeball to contain.
Could someone give me a list of the items next to there numbers? You can find a list in your "stditems.rbh" that is located in your EliteMap folder.
You will see them listed like this:
#define ITEM_MASTERBALL 0x1 As you see it tells you the Name (Masterball) and the number in hex. (Remember to add a 00 at the end. 1 will become 0100, 2 will become 0200 and 2D will become 2D00.)

timhay
January 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM
When I use PET and change pokemon and click save I see this error :

Run-time error '53':
File not found 'pics/pkmn-16E.bmp'

Pazuzu
January 24th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Looks like your Pokmon pictures are missing.
Open RSBall and dump the Pokmon pictures.

If you don't need Pokmon pictures, just click on "Options"->"Show as text" to show the Pokmon names in a Dropdown list.

Arken Daemon
January 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM
I tried advance map and all I get are different errors like (I/O error 87);(File access denied); and the weird one ;(access violation at address 0047C6C4 in module "ADVANCEMAP.EXE" Read of address FA501217)
and wat the heal is pokewatever.ini help me!

jojotjuh
January 25th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Hi, I have a question.
In the starting you get a pokdex, how can i make it a national dex?
because i am making a hack of pkmn FIRERED were you can catch missingno wich transforms into a gold pokemon (unown) but it stops cause i have not the national dex.
what must I edit (script or else) to get a national dex instead of a normal pokdex in the beginning?
thanks for anhy help
p.s. when you catch it (missingno) and buy something in the mart, you will turn into a old woman and then the game crashes

Shaneypoo17
January 25th, 2006, 07:05 AM
sorry scizz... i meant whats the offset for birch in emerald:S
and some more questions lol
1.how exactly do i change the tiledata of the emerald screen???
2.is it possible to add new pokemon to the game without removing old 1s?
3.in a hex editor, what is the offset for the zigzagoon that chases birch arounds battle? cuz i wanna change it to a rattata.
4.can i change the maximum level from 100 to 250? if its possible how can i do it

Greiv
January 26th, 2006, 02:58 PM
okok this is a noob qustion. how do i play roms? which program? i think its VBA and if so how do i put it on the VBA? thx

Shaneypoo17
January 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
visual boy advance... open it up and press open... select the .gba rom and there u go!

BrainWave
January 27th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Anyone knows:
where are the offests of the wild pokemon
how to edit music
the arrangement of the kanto dex?
(ALL are in Fire Red only.)

w_rink_ly
January 27th, 2006, 04:30 AM
When you use a set a flag in script editor, how do you know you aren't using the flag number of another event and are messing up that event's flags etc?

manson_30
January 27th, 2006, 05:31 AM
i ma trying to look for varidian forest in advanced map and i cant find it can any one tell me where it is under the menue of "only from heder" plz help me this is needed (it meen teh diffrence of beta beeing relised on time)

Joozinho
January 27th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Are there a program can create hacktools?

And are there a map editor besides advance map and Elite map?

Bye

Pazuzu
January 27th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Anyone knows:
where are the offests of the wild pokemon
how to edit music
the arrangement of the kanto dex?
(ALL are in Fire Red only.) Wild Pokmon: You should take a look in Advance-Map's INI files.
The offsets should be there.

Music: Hex-Editor. Or the new Sappy 2005 (or 6). See the official EliteMap website from the Hacking Tools Reference. (You can get it there.)

DEX arrangement: Hex-Editor. Search for the Pokmon-value bytes, as they appear in the DEX. Then just edit them to the arrangemeant you want them to have.

When you use a set a flag in script editor, how do you know you aren't using the flag number of another event and are messing up that event's flags etc? You don't know. You will have to try and see what happens. Also you could have a look at the Map Event's Flag values and write them down, that way you could make a list for futher reference.

i ma trying to look for varidian forest in advanced map and i cant find it can any one tell me where it is under the menue of "only from heder" plz help me this is needed (it meen teh diffrence of beta beeing relised on time) Bank 1, Map 0.

Are there a program can create hacktools?

And are there a map editor besides advance map and Elite map?

Bye You can create a hacking tool by using any programming language developing enviroment. (Like C++, Visual Basic, etc.)

At the moment, no.
Mewthree90000 is working on one, but it will take some time until it will be released.

Shaneypoo17
January 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
hi all...
i made my script and everything but 1 thing i dont get is how to insert it into the game... people say scriptEd but i dont know how... can someone plz tell me wat program to use and how to do it?

Pazuzu
January 27th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Open up ScriptED, enter your Script in the textbox, hit "Compile" and select your ROM. (Remeber that the ROM must have a simple Name (like Ruby.gba), no spaces or such.)

Shaneypoo17
January 27th, 2006, 09:33 AM
tyvm!
and i found the 2nd sprite of the hero in fire red unlz a few days ago... ill post the numba in a sec.
3.in a hex editor, what is the offset for the zigzagoon that chases birch arounds battle? cuz i wanna change it to a rattata.
4.can i change the maximum level from 100 to 250? if its possible how can i do it

Roxie Mika
January 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know the offset in the ROM where the pallete of the title screen Pokemon is located, at least in Emerald version if not in all of them? It would be a great help to users of Mewthree9000's Cyclone program (like me ^_^)...

Thanks.
~Supakitsune

Edit: ERKK! Didn't see this thread... Sorry. ^^;

Martin Yiu
January 28th, 2006, 02:31 AM
I am making new hack, and I wanted to change sprites of hero and heroine. It's OK, but when I wanted to change a backpic of girl, it messed up. I worked in RS Ball.Here I send patch of the game

Shaneypoo17
January 28th, 2006, 07:59 AM
icyflare read my tut. it has the offsets for all the titlescreens

i try to insert my new titlescreen into the game and it says "image not indexed" :( plz help.

Osceola
January 28th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I want to substitute May for Shelly, as the heroine. But if i try to insert shelly in may's sprite,the colors are messed up. How can i get to May's sprite, SWITCH it with Shelly's.
Its like using Shellys offset and sprite, and switching their places so that Shelly is the heroine and may is a regular trainer.
DO YOU KNOW SCIZZ!!!
-This is for Pokemon Ruby by the way.

2. How do you edit the credits at the end when you beat the game and they show the producers?

3. Does anyone know any blank free spaces in Ruby? It is a long time to search for them.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Scizz!?

by the way, shaney, did you edit the title screen or did you just make your own. You have to edit the current title screen for it to work.

Shaneypoo17
January 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM
nop... i solved my prob :D i shud hav imported bmp instead of png

Roxie Mika
January 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Is it possible to find the offset where the Home level is stored (like bank 03 map 00 for FireRed or bank 19 map 28 for Ruby/Sapp/Emerald [in hex]) and change it to somewhere else?
Such as Bank 00 Map 09 (Ruby/Sapp/Emerald)?

jojotjuh
January 28th, 2006, 03:20 PM
2. How do you edit the credits at the end when you beat the game and they show the producers
you can use scizz his A-text and search for the text. then edit it and save it.
you can find it in the tools showcase

Arken Daemon
January 28th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I'm making a massive hack of Pokemon Silver and I need reliable tools please

Hiroki
January 29th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I'm making a funny hack of Crytsal version...

Pokemon: Tough Battle Version
I just finished editing all the trainers Pokemon...
I went to play, nothing changed to the ROM, than I discovered a .SA1 of my rom... I know it's the changed version of my rom, but how do I test(play) it? How do I IPS Patch it up?

Thanks...

Jedite1000
January 29th, 2006, 01:31 PM
how do i inseart my own pokemon im pokepic..when i do insert it the pokeomon looks weird and colors are stuffed up

Pokepearl
January 30th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Does someone know how i can edit tiles, in fr/lg?

w_rink_ly
January 30th, 2006, 08:31 AM
How does one write a script for a hidden item. I wrote one the same as if it were a pokeball but you could just keep on getting the item from the same spot...

biwigirl
January 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM
I know this is maybe a stupid question..but.. what is elitemap and Advance-Map? and how do I use it? I am newbie to this hacking stuff so I really dont know much about it.. and how do I use the VBA? I have read the info.. but.. im not from USA..Im from Denmark and Im not very good at english.. so.. if you could explain it more because I dont know what offsets and Hex-Editor is..?! and what is spites? plz help me. cause I really want all pokemons in my emerald.

Pokepearl
January 31st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Does someone know a starter editor for pokemon LG?

AnDrOmAn
January 31st, 2006, 11:17 AM
ok, here it goes
i was thinking, there are alot of missingno. thingies between celebi and treecko
here is my question: Can you use all those missingno. spots to create new pokemon?

mewthree9000
January 31st, 2006, 12:23 PM
ok, here it goes
i was thinking, there are alot of missingno. thingies between celebi and treecko
here is my question: Can you use all those missingno. spots to create new pokemon?

Yes but you need to do repointing.. Which isnt that hard and just edit all the data for it.. I created new pokemon out of all of them in my old hack Pokemon Alpha... along long time ago X_X

Pazuzu
January 31st, 2006, 12:53 PM
... answers! XD

tyvm!
and i found the 2nd sprite of the hero in fire red unlz a few days ago... ill post the numba in a sec.
4.can i change the maximum level from 100 to 250? if its possible how can i do it 1. I thought you made a tutorial for that?! o.0
In unLZ-GBA:
Rayquaza + background: 152 (BW pallete)
Clouds: 155 (Choose the pallete you want;default should work)
Pokmon logo: 2609 (RAW dump + Ruby titlescreen pallete for TileMolester)
Emerald logo: 2610 (RAW dump + Ruby titlescreen pallete for TileMolester)
Press Start: 2611 (BW pallete)

2. Possible, yes. But not without a lot of ASM hacking...
It is easier to replace Pokmon. Try it with the "?" Pokmon bewteen Celebi and Treeko. That way you can keep more original Pokmon.

3. Dunno. Haven't found the byte yet.

4. That should also be possible by ASM hacking. But I never tried it.

I want to substitute May for Shelly, as the heroine. But if i try to insert shelly in may's sprite,the colors are messed up. How can i get to May's sprite, SWITCH it with Shelly's.
Its like using Shellys offset and sprite, and switching their places so that Shelly is the heroine and may is a regular trainer.
DO YOU KNOW SCIZZ!!!
-This is for Pokemon Ruby by the way.

2. How do you edit the credits at the end when you beat the game and they show the producers?

3. Does anyone know any blank free spaces in Ruby? It is a long time to search for them.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? Scizz!?

by the way, shaney, did you edit the title screen or did you just make your own. You have to edit the current title screen for it to work. 1. Just change the pointers. (Like Sprite picture pointer and pallete pointer)
Write down all of Mays, and all of Shelly's, then just switch them with the other one.

2. They should be stored as text, so you can do it with either Advance-Text or a Hex-Editor + table file.

3. Just search for a lot of FF-Bytes. There are so much that you can't miss them.

Is it possible to find the offset where the Home level is stored (like bank 03 map 00 for FireRed or bank 19 map 28 for Ruby/Sapp/Emerald ) and change it to somewhere else?
Such as Bank 00 Map 09 (Ruby/Sapp/Emerald)? Yes that is possible.
In R/S/E/FR/LG just search for [19202821].
If you part is like this [19] [20] [28] [21] you will see your Bank and Map bytes. (19 and 28)
Just change them to whatever Map you want to start on. Like if you want to start in Petalburg, change them to Bank 00 and Map 00. (00 20 00 21)

Just a notice, you start on Bank 04, Map 01 in FR/LG, not on 03 00.

I'm making a funny hack of Crytsal version...

[I]Pokemon: Tough Battle Version
I just finished editing all the trainers Pokemon...
I went to play, nothing changed to the ROM, than I discovered a .SA1 of my rom... I know it's the changed version of my rom, but how do I test(play) it? How do I IPS Patch it up?

Thanks... SA1 is a Savestate file, not a patch.
Just normally play your ROM in an Emulator, and your changes should appear.
Make sure you saved your changes to the rom correctly. (Didn't had the ROM open in another program, etc.)

how do i inseart my own pokemon im pokepic..when i do insert it the pokeomon looks weird and colors are stuffed up You have to make sure that you indexed the image correctly. Kobre Lair has also posted a tutorial in the tutorial forum.

Does someone know how i can edit tiles, in fr/lg? If they are compressed, export them with unLZ-GBA, edit them and import them back in.
If they are uncompressed, you can edit them with Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester.

How does one write a script for a hidden item. I wrote one the same as if it were a pokeball but you could just keep on getting the item from the same spot... The hidden items are an odd kind of item! XD
To be honest, I couldn't figure out how they work yet...
You would be better off if you would use the Pokball items instead.

I know this is maybe a stupid question..but.. what is elitemap and Advance-Map? and how do I use it? I am newbie to this hacking stuff so I really dont know much about it.. and how do I use the VBA? I have read the info.. but.. im not from USA..Im from Denmark and Im not very good at english.. so.. if you could explain it more because I dont know what offsets and Hex-Editor is..?! and what is spites? plz help me. cause I really want all pokemons in my emerald. EliteMap and AdvanceMap are Map editors. They allow you to change the world maps in the Pokmon Advance games. (I would suggest you to play around with them for a while to get used to them and find out what function does what. It's not complicated.)
VBA (VisualBoyAdvance) is an Emulator, which allows you to play Gameboy games on your computer. Just click on "File->"Open" and load your game and play it. That's it.
Offsets are a position within the game file. They usually indicate where a certain thing is stored.
Hex Editors are programs which allow you to change files, by using Hexadecimal characters.
Sprites are just pixel graphics that are used in the games. (Like the Hero image in the Pokmon games.)

Does someone know a starter editor for pokemon LG? Hex-Editor.
You can find the offsets for Fire-Red in this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1841977&postcount=10) post.
Just go to those offsets, copy some bytes and search them in your LG rom.
When you find them you will have the Starter Pokmon offsets for Leaf-Green and can change them as I told in the post and my Tutorial.

Pokepearl
January 31st, 2006, 10:58 PM
I make a gold/silver remake, but i dont know how to set, that if you walk to legt, to route 29, from new bark town, that that girl comes to you, and say its unsafe.... Can someone change this script for me:

'-----------------------
#org 0x14D6DF

#raw 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x14D72F

#raw 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x14D722

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
if 0x5 jump 0x14D708
msgbox 0x816ACEB '"If you go in the tal..."

call 0xF026C

call 0x14F68

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

end

'-----------------------
#org 0x14D72F
msgbox 0x816AE25 '"Are you going to cat..."

call 0x4F69026C

#raw 0x0

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
call 0x814D755
applymovement 0x1 0x814D789

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

end

'-----------------------
#org 0x14D722

#raw 0x0
msgbox 0x816ADF2 '"Boy, am I glad you w..."

call 0xF026C

call 0x4F69026C

#raw 0x0

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
call 0x814D755
applymovement 0x1 0x814D789

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

end

'-----------------------
#org 0x14D708
msgbox 0x816AD82 '"I can hear someone s..."

call 0x14F68

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

end

'-----------------------
#org 0xF026C

#raw 0x0

#raw 0x0

call 0xDF000D1

#raw 0x0
if 0x0 jump 0x1D1FA28

#raw 0x0

if 0x3 jump 0x87CA0000
#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

if 0x49 jump 0x42066808

#raw 0x0

#raw 0x0

#raw 0x0
return

'-----------------------
#org 0x14F68

#raw 0x0

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

end

'-----------------------
#org 0x4769026C
#raw 0x0
'-----------------------
#org 0x14D755
msgbox 0x816ACEB '"If you go in the tal..."

call 0x14F68

applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x814D793

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
msgbox 0x816AD3C '"It's not safe to go ..."

call 0x13030368

#raw 0x0

applymovement 0x1 0x814D7B3

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0
call 0x814D755
applymovement 0x1 0x814D7C0

#raw 0x0
#raw 0x0

end

'-----------------------
#org 0x5F000D1
#raw 0x0
'-----------------------
#org 0x1D1FA28
#raw 0x0
'-----------------------

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x16ACEB
= If you go in the tall grass at the sides\nof this road, wild POKMON will appear.
#org 0x16AE25
= Are you going to catch POKMON?\nGood luck!
#org 0x16ADF2
= Boy, am I glad you went and rescued\nthe PROFESSOR.
#org 0x16AD82
= I can hear someone shouting down the\nroad here.\pWhat should I do? What should we do?\nSomebody has to go help...
#org 0x16ACEB
= If you go in the tall grass at the sides\nof this road, wild POKMON will appear.
#org 0x16AD3C
= It's not safe to go out there if you\ndon't have any POKMON with you.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#raw B 'Right2
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw 25 'StDown4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw B 'Right2
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw 9 'Up2
#raw 25 'StDown4
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 40 'mov40
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw 41 'mov41
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw 3 'Right0
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw 51 'mov51
#raw 49 'HopRight
#raw 13 'Delay3
#raw 18 'Right3
#raw 18 'Right3
#raw 18 'Right3
#raw 16 'Up3
#raw 16 'Up3
#raw 18 'Right3
#raw 0 'Down0
#raw FE 'Exit

#raw A 'Left2
#raw 8 'Down2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw A 'Left2
#raw 25 'StDown4
#raw FE 'Exit

Thnx if you can help me!

Dark_E
February 1st, 2006, 04:10 AM
@ Pokpearl:

Here's a script in form of your request:
Create two TRAPS:

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/4128/newbark28zo.png
Create Trap here:

#org 0x
checkflag 0x
if 0 0x
message 0x0B
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x
applymovement 0x00 0x02
applymovement 0xFF 0x03
message 0x0A
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0x00 0x05
applymovement 0xFF 0x04
end

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1623/newbark10kl.png
Create Trap here:

#org 0x
checkflag 0x
if 0 0x
end

#org 0x
applymovement 0x00 0x01
applymovement 0xFF 0x03
message 0x0A
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0x00 0x06
applymovement 0xFF 0x04
end

#org 0x01
#binary 56 8 6 6 6 6 6
#org 0x02
#binary 56 4 6 6 6 6 6
#org 0x03
#binary 3
#org 0x04
#binary 7 7
#org 0x05
#binary 7 7 7 7 7 5
#org 0x06
#binary 7 7 7 7 7 9

#org 0x0A
#org 0x0B
= Are you going to catch POKMON?\nGood luck!

You can customize the rest of this script by adding more flags or change some movements.

Merged Post:
I finally finished a script I've been working on... but now it's giving me this really stupid error.

For some reason the:

"WAIT 0x0"

doesn't work...
For some reason this command isn't accepted in Diamond Cutter:

Unknown keyword "wait" at line 29.

Pazuzu
February 1st, 2006, 07:55 AM
There is no command named "WAIT".
You should use "PAUSE" instead.

Example: pause 0x0

Dark_E
February 1st, 2006, 08:07 AM
There is no command named "WAIT".
You should use "PAUSE" instead.

Example: pause 0x0

Ye, I know about PAUSE... but it works on time... what are the bytes for the time/?

Pazuzu
February 1st, 2006, 08:36 AM
Ye, I know about PAUSE... but it works on time... what are the bytes for the time/?
The PAUSE command accepts all byte values, from 00 to FF.
That value will indicate the pausing time in miliseconds.
For example "pause 0x90" will pause the game for 144 miliseconds.
(90 (Hex) <=> 144 (Dec))

Shaneypoo17
February 1st, 2006, 09:33 AM
hi all... im working on a script ande i can never get it right :S can someone correct this?
#org 0xE3D8D0
message 0xE3D95C
boxset 0x4
end
#org 0xE3D9E8
=
#org 0xE3D8D0
Yo hey I really love
your POKEMON!
Its cute! I caught A\nweedle Earlier and i think\nthat it will be\nbetter off with you.\nhere you go!
checkflag 0xE3DA04
if 0 0x800200
setflag 0xE3DA04
setflag 0x800200
givepokemon 0x0D 0x04 0x5E

and does scriptED work with emerald? cuz it doesnt seem to work with it...

Andrei Almeyda
February 1st, 2006, 09:42 AM
I really wanna make a graveyard, but all the graveyard slabs have a stone floor background and I need to change it to grass (y'know, so there's grass round the gravestone). Anyone know how?

Shaneypoo17
February 1st, 2006, 10:45 AM
change the tilesets using unlz... tilesets r normally at the start.

Pazuzu
February 1st, 2006, 11:00 AM
change the tilesets using unlz... tilesets r normally at the start. Wrong.

I really wanna make a graveyard, but all the graveyard slabs have a stone floor background and I need to change it to grass (y'know, so there's grass round the gravestone). Anyone know how? Open your ROM in AdvanceMap and go to "Tools"->"Block Editor".
There click on the Tile you want to edit.
You will see the stone tile used as background in the first tile box (Below) and the other part in the box next to it. (Above).
Just select a grass tile from the Tileset below, select a good Pallete for it and put it in the first box. Then click "Save".
Done.

hi all... im working on a script ande i can never get it right :S can someone correct this?
#org 0xE3D8D0
message 0xE3D95C
boxset 0x4
end
#org 0xE3D9E8
=
#org 0xE3D8D0
Yo hey I really love
your POKEMON!
Its cute! I caught A\nweedle Earlier and i think\nthat it will be\nbetter off with you.\nhere you go!
checkflag 0xE3DA04
if 0 0x800200
setflag 0xE3DA04
setflag 0x800200

and does scriptED work with emerald? cuz it doesnt seem to work with it... You put so many errors in that Script that I suggest you to re-do it. (Practicing)
Have a look at the Script Database (which has similar Scripts) and the "commands.html" of EliteMap for a list of the commands and what their variable structure should look like.

Yes, ScriptED works on Emerald.

Pokepearl
February 1st, 2006, 11:39 AM
@ Pokpearl:

Here's a script in form of your request:
Create two TRAPS:

You can customize the rest of this script by adding more flags or change some movements.

Merged Post:
I finally finished a script I've been working on... but now it's giving me this really stupid error.

For some reason the:

"WAIT 0x0"

doesn't work...
For some reason this command isn't accepted in Diamond Cutter:

Unknown keyword "wait" at line 29.

Ive pasted the code, and than save, but if i open im playing, theres nothin changed

Dark_E
February 1st, 2006, 11:58 AM
Okay... here the answers:

1. You are really dumb! Maybe stupid is a better word >_<

2. The script I posted doesn't have any offsets... you have to fill them in first.

3. I prefer to add scripts with Diamond Cutter...

Shaneypoo17
February 2nd, 2006, 09:42 AM
:S kk ill jus start over lmao

Dark_E
February 2nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
@Shaney:

#org 0x800000
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x800200
message 0x800050
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x800200
setflag 0x10A
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
setflag 0x800
end

#org 0x800100
= I caught A\nweedle Earlier and i think\nthat it will be\nbetter off with you.\nhere you go!
#org 0x800050
= How's that Pokmon doing?

Squall ruler
February 2nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
Ive got pokemon saphire

Im trying to change the colour of the background On the title screen
The only colours that i can get to work are
Purple,black,white , dose anyone know how

w_rink_ly
February 3rd, 2006, 11:18 AM
Hi. I am trying to make some new types. I have succesfully replaced the ??? type with another type. I used TLP with a raw dump from UnlzGBA. But when i was done, the NORMAL type image was all messed up on the bottom. Also, I would like to insert two other new types. Does anyone know how I can do this?

FozzyRock
February 3rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
I know this isn't a question about making a hack but everytime I donload a beta version it doesn't work, is there something I need for it to work? The only one that works is Dark Future by Dark E, the rest don't work.

Innocence
February 3rd, 2006, 03:55 PM
That's because, even though i keep telling Dark_E, you must NOT distribute roms here. The files you're talking about are patches. You need something like lunar IPS to patch them. Just search for it, and you'll find it. *Encourages doing your own reasearch* BUT. If you have Visual Boy Advance, It has an auto patch function. Just name a clean ruby(assuming it's a ruby hack)rom the same name as the patch, with a .gba on the end(gbc for g/s/c hacks, gb for r/b/y hacks).

ethankaiba
February 3rd, 2006, 08:27 PM
how do you play a hack?can you on a computer emulator?if so,which emulator?thanx

Darthatron
February 3rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Try Visual Boy Advance, just serch it on google. =)

ethankaiba
February 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
tried it.i went to open rom,and pokpirates was'nt listed

brotlov
February 3rd, 2006, 10:31 PM
First you get the ROM you're using, then you open up your emulator, then you drag the ROM into the emulator which you're using. And that should work.

ethankaiba
February 4th, 2006, 05:18 AM
thanx.i'lltry that.
ps.what does xd mean?

that does'nt work.it says''unsupported file type''.

Andrei Almeyda
February 4th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Cheers, Skizz, you really helped me out. :tup:

Shaneypoo17
February 4th, 2006, 06:38 AM
uy sure its .gba? vba only supports .gba and some others...

biwigirl
February 4th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Hi. I just downloaded a hacked rom..just to try anothers rom.. but how do i load it? it is a hacked leaf green.. and how do I put it in my emulator? you know.. put them together.. it is something I heard.. but I dunno.. can ya tell me?

it is a beta I meant.. well..hope that you understand my question..:S.D

Pazuzu
February 4th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Ive got pokemon saphire

Im trying to change the colour of the background On the title screen
The only colours that i can get to work are
Purple,black,white , dose anyone know how

How do i change the back ground to a diffrent colour? You have to edit the Titlescreen pallate with a Hex-Editor, in order to be a ble to use the colors you want.

Hi. I am trying to make some new types. I have succesfully replaced the ??? type with another type. I used TLP with a raw dump from UnlzGBA. But when i was done, the NORMAL type image was all messed up on the bottom. Also, I would like to insert two other new types. Does anyone know how I can do this? Try re-dumping re-editing and re-importing it.
Alternatively you could try to put the image up by 1 or 2 pixels.

This will require a lot of ASM hacking.
At the moment it is nearly impossible.

how do you play a hack?can you on a computer emulator?if so,which emulator?thanx See the FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315) at the point "How to apply an IPS-Patch".

Hi. I just downloaded a hacked rom..just to try anothers rom.. but how do i load it? it is a hacked leaf green.. and how do I put it in my emulator? you know.. put them together.. it is something I heard.. but I dunno.. can ya tell me?

it is a beta I meant.. well..hope that you understand my question..:S.D Same for you. See the FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315) at the point "How to apply an IPS-Patch".

S-master
February 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM
does someone have a tool to change the starters of pokemon FR/LG, because i need it really hard

Alabama
February 4th, 2006, 10:10 AM
can any1 here post a link to download EliteMap last version? Or NobleMap, i really need them xD i tried to download the EliteMap 3.5, posted here, but didnt work =/

Pazuzu
February 4th, 2006, 10:24 AM
does someone have a tool to change the starters of pokemon FR/LG, because i need it really hard
See this post (2. answer), the question has already been answered here.
There are not many tools that work with FR/LG yet, so you'll have to use a Hex-Editor.

can any1 here post a link to download EliteMap last version? Or NobleMap, i really need them xD i tried to download the EliteMap 3.5, posted here, but didnt work =/
Hacking Tools Reference (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223)
It's always useful to read stickied threads.

jaguar
February 4th, 2006, 12:39 PM
hi i am new to hacking and i wanted to know how you can change the graphic of an older game to make it look new...like pokemon yellow game but with good graphics as pokemon emerald.. if there is a tool or something please give me the link...if it is a thread please tell me the page number of where i can read how to do it or download a tool.

Thank You

Shaneypoo17
February 4th, 2006, 01:27 PM
ok... how do u change the grass tile???? ive edited 2 diff tile sets in emerald but still with no result... i rly need 2 kno :'(

w_rink_ly
February 4th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Ok, never mind about the new type thing then...:( But is there any way that I can change the order in which pokemon appear in the pokedex, using a hex editor maybe? Oh, and is there any way that I can change the weaknesses and advantages a type has over another (like water strong against fire etc.)?

Shaneypoo17
February 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM
HEX, HEX AND OH I FORGOT HEX lol :S

w_rink_ly
February 4th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Well yeah, obviously in hex but that alone isn't very helpful is it? Any hints on where to look or what exactly I should be changing?

Sweet Love
February 5th, 2006, 03:08 AM
I have a question, plz answer them ^^
1 frame = how much seccond?

Shaneypoo17
February 5th, 2006, 06:29 AM
not a measurement of time... :S it depends of ur fps(frames per second) the more it is the smoother the game runs... :D

Sweet Love
February 5th, 2006, 07:57 AM
When run Visualboy Advance in 100% speed then 1 frame = how much seconds?

pokioh243
February 5th, 2006, 08:14 AM
i've got a question,
how to put sprites in a game?
i mean fusions etc.
thanx already

w_rink_ly
February 5th, 2006, 09:10 AM
i've got a question,
how to put sprites in a game?
i mean fusions etc.
thanx already

Why don't you look at this tutorial in the Documents/Tutorials section of this forum----> HERE (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775)

dringer
February 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
can some one tell me where i can find a program that is able to view ips files so i can check out some of your hacks before i begin to hack one my self.

pokioh243
February 5th, 2006, 10:35 AM
you can download lunar ips (is inside elite map) to put ips on the rom

Now my question:

with unLZ GBA you:
1. replace pokemon to put in new one
2. need "indexed .png's"

Is there a programme with which u can put in a new pokemon without replacing another?
And with which programme u can make "indexed .png's"?
Thanx in advance!

dringer
February 5th, 2006, 11:10 AM
sadly im a newb and cant figure out how to apply the ips file it says that the ips is not an ips file

btw im using lunar ips

Shaneypoo17
February 5th, 2006, 11:54 AM
that means... its not a ips file lol... try and actually get a ips file or u may hav clicked the wrong thing... jus duble click the ips file and select the file u want to patch it 2

POKEMIKEY1292
February 5th, 2006, 01:03 PM
what are the offsrts to leaf green trainer sprites?

biwigirl
February 6th, 2006, 04:17 AM
okay. all I can now is to switch the weather and some other small stuff in FR. but how do I get all the pokemons I want. I am just a little bit confused.. if you know a site for danish people about it, it would be great-lol. naaahh.. I just need a explain for newbies. well.. if I want all pokemons in the FR how do I do? what tools do I need? thanx^___^

Osceola
February 6th, 2006, 12:38 PM
okay, i have had an idea. You know how in AdvanceMap when you go to weather you can select a bit dark as a weather? Then is there a way to set the weather. Lets say half the time - 6 AM to 6 PM, will be normal and from 6-12 AM will be "bit dark". You have to set something that uses the clock function in VBA, something like a flag that checks it...i have no idea how that would work? Any ideas? (At least you wouldn't have to have a whole new tileset for all the tilesets in night form, "bit dark" makes it appear dark.

Pazuzu
February 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
hi i am new to hacking and i wanted to know how you can change the graphic of an older game to make it look new...like pokemon yellow game but with good graphics as pokemon emerald.. if there is a tool or something please give me the link...if it is a thread please tell me the page number of where i can read how to do it or download a tool.

Thank You
You do that by tile editing.
You dump a tileset from, let's say Pokmon Ruby with unLZ-GBA, open it up in TLP or Tile-Molester, and copy the tiles you want from there into your R/B/Y/G/S/C game. (Resize/Redraw if needed.)

Ok, never mind about the new type thing then...:( But is there any way that I can change the order in which pokemon appear in the pokedex, using a hex editor maybe? Oh, and is there any way that I can change the weaknesses and advantages a type has over another (like water strong against fire etc.)?
Sure. Just search for the Pokmon's hex bytes (like 0100 for Bulbasaur) in the order they appear in the Pokdex. Then just edit them to the order you want.

Not yet. Again, you would be able to do this by ASM hacking, but only if you know what to look for...

Now my question:

with unLZ GBA you:
1. replace pokemon to put in new one
2. need "indexed .png's"

Is there a programme with which u can put in a new pokemon without replacing another?
And with which programme u can make "indexed .png's"?
Thanx in advance!
No, there isn't. You would have to do it by Hex-Editor. See this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60907) tutorial.

You can make indexed images withalmost every imaging program.

what are the offsrts to leaf green trainer sprites?
Pictures: 239560
Palletes: 2399F8

You could've easily found out with unLZ-GBA.

okay. all I can now is to switch the weather and some other small stuff in FR. but how do I get all the pokemons I want. I am just a little bit confused.. if you know a site for danish people about it, it would be great-lol. naaahh.. I just need a explain for newbies. well.. if I want all pokemons in the FR how do I do? what tools do I need? thanx^___^
Would be helpful to know the program you are using.
If it's EliteMap, there should be another program that came with it named "bewildered", which can be used to change the Wild Pokmon.
However I think FR/LG offsets are not officially included yet.

The other one is AdvanceMap. Load your ROM, select a Map and click on the "Wild Pokmon/WildePokmon" tab in the main window.
Now you'll see a list of all Pokmon on that map.
Just change it as you want them to appear.

okay, i have had an idea. You know how in AdvanceMap when you go to weather you can select a bit dark as a weather? Then is there a way to set the weather. Lets say half the time - 6 AM to 6 PM, will be normal and from 6-12 AM will be "bit dark". You have to set something that uses the clock function in VBA, something like a flag that checks it...i have no idea how that would work? Any ideas? (At least you wouldn't have to have a whole new tileset for all the tilesets in night form, "bit dark" makes it appear dark.
It would be possible.
However, you would have to:
1.: Add a level script to every overworld Map in the game.
2.: In that Script you need to know what exact value stores the time information.

alucard200
February 7th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Every time when i try too run it it automaticly minimizes and don't want too go to the normal screen mode.
wheni i try too run the gold file in a another way it gives my an error mesage in
german "die date''''D;\agxip300\gold.gbc''''konnte nicht gefunden werden."
Pleas ehelp!

Enter-Shikary
February 7th, 2006, 04:38 AM
when i load the pokemon emerald in elitmap say RUN-time error9:
Subscript out of range

pleass helllp

Andrei Almeyda
February 7th, 2006, 09:30 AM
So I need to know a program that'll allow me to change a Pokemon's thigies. Y'know, like Rayquaza has Air Lock and that. 'Cause in the hack I'm making I wanna change Charizard to a dragon and fire type with Levitate as his thing.

Dark Spectrum
February 9th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Hey everyone. I was qondering if someone could tell me how to move the truck when you come out. Because I'mworking on a G/S remake and I need to know how to move it. Since the house is on the other side.

Thanks!

misticman
February 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM
when i try to hack a game and edit the map with elite map and i try to open it again it can't load anymore and when i try to play it on the visualboy the screen becomes white.
it's really annoying (happened twice)

Shaneypoo17
February 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM
yo all... I rly rly rly need to know how to make it so... when you dont have pokemon in your party, some of them are in like a pokemon ranch... :S i rly need it for my game. can someone write a script or hex for me or tell me how to do it plz?

Enter-Shikary
February 10th, 2006, 05:38 AM
How I Can Insert Scripts In The Game

Hepl Pleassss

JTrappe
February 10th, 2006, 11:39 AM
hey i downloaded what i thought was a hack of a pokemon game probably is but it won't play on my VBA, it says Lunar IPS file.

Anyone know what to do?????

Pazuzu
February 10th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Every time when i try too run it it automaticly minimizes and don't want too go to the normal screen mode.
wheni i try too run the gold file in a another way it gives my an error mesage in
german "die date''''D;\agxip300\gold.gbc''''konnte nicht gefunden werden."
Pleas ehelp!
The message means that AGIXP didn't find your rom file.
Check paths and filename of your file.

when i load the pokemon emerald in elitmap say RUN-time error9:
Subscript out of range

pleass helllp
Make sure you have the right offsets in your "Pokeroms.ini" file.
The ones for Pokmon Emerald (E) have been posted in the Documents forum.

So I need to know a program that'll allow me to change a Pokemon's thigies. Y'know, like Rayquaza has Air Lock and that. 'Cause in the hack I'm making I wanna change Charizard to a dragon and fire type with Levitate as his thing.
You can do that with BaseEDIT. It is included in the EliteMap bundle.
Start it, load your ROM and change the attributes of a Pokmon to what you want it to have.

Hey everyone. I was qondering if someone could tell me how to move the truck when you come out. Because I'mworking on a G/S remake and I need to know how to move it. Since the house is on the other side.

Thanks!
In your R/S/E ROM, search for the folloring Hex string:
Boy: 0009FF03000A00
Girl: 0009FF0C000A00
[0009] is the Map and Bank number, [0300] & [0A00] are the X and Y coordinates on the map.

when i try to hack a game and edit the map with elite map and i try to open it again it can't load anymore and when i try to play it on the visualboy the screen becomes white.
it's really annoying (happened twice)
Try it again with a clean ROM. Most likely you have corrupted the ROM. (Like by inserting something at offset 0.)

yo all... I rly rly rly need to know how to make it so... when you dont have pokemon in your party, some of them are in like a pokemon ranch... :S i rly need it for my game. can someone write a script or hex for me or tell me how to do it plz?
You should take a look at the Day-care scripts.
They should contain everything you need.

How I Can Insert Scripts In The Game

Hepl Pleassss
Open ScriptED, enter your script, click on Compile, select your ROM, done. (Make sure your filename is free of spaces.)
This has been asked before.
Search the thread next time, please.

hey i downloaded what i thought was a hack of a pokemon game probably is but it won't play on my VBA, it says Lunar IPS file.

Anyone know what to do?????
If you would've taken a look in the stickied FAQ thread, you would've found the answer.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315
"IPS-Patching FAQ" - Point: "How to apply an IPS-Patch?"

Kaeru_ike
February 11th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Where can i get ALL pokemon R/S backpics?

I hacks
February 11th, 2006, 02:40 AM
well go into rsball and open ruby and goto to trainer back pics and there 4 or 5 poeple i think

Pazuzu
February 11th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Where can i get ALL pokemon R/S backpics?
Open RS-Ball, select your ROM, select "Pokémon backpics" and click on "Dump GFX Bank".
Now all Pokémon backpics will be exported into the folder "pics".

darklugia1
February 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I have three questions (all three apply the Pokemon Ruby):

1. In unLZ.GBA, where is Prof.Birch's sprite (went through all of them and couldn't seem to find it)
2. If you insert a new pokemon (#252-#277), where can you find and edit its backpic in unLZ.GBA (or any other program)
3. When trying to compile a script to the rom in ScriptEd, after asking if I want to overwrite Pokemon Ruby, it displays the message "Run-time error '53': File not found", and the script isn't applied.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Roxie Mika
February 11th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I'm having problems editing pallets in Emerald version. When I edit the pallet the recommended way (take the pallet values from VBA, flip them and then find in a hex editor, and edit there), the found pallet is usually not the right one (as in, too short compared to the pallet I copied from VBA). Also, if I attempt to edit this pallet, when I load the ROM afterwards, the pallet looks horrible, quite frankly. I've heard somewhere that the Pokemon GBA series's pallets are stored in lz-77 format (the same format as a lot of things in it are). If this is true, how would I go about compressing and decompressing my palletes?

Shaneypoo17
February 11th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I have three questions (all three apply the Pokemon Ruby):

1. In unLZ.GBA, where is Prof.Birch's sprite (went through all of them and couldn't seem to find it)
2. If you insert a new pokemon (#252-#277), where can you find and edit its backpic in unLZ.GBA (or any other program)
3. When trying to compile a script to the rom in ScriptEd, after asking if I want to overwrite Pokemon Ruby, it displays the message "Run-time error '53': File not found", and the script isn't applied.

Thanks in advance for any help!darklugia1
well for 1. its not in unlz... its uncompressed data so u shud find it in tlp. as for the offset u wud hav 2 ask scizz.
2. read the add new pokemon without replacing old ones rite here (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60907).
3. its cuz ur rom has a space in the name... change the name to like pokemonrubyhack (make sure it doesnt have any spaces in it.)
---EDIT---

I'm having problems editing pallets in Emerald version. When I edit the pallet the recommended way (take the pallet values from VBA, flip them and then find in a hex editor, and edit there), the found pallet is usually not the right one (as in, too short compared to the pallet I copied from VBA). Also, if I attempt to edit this pallet, when I load the ROM afterwards, the pallet looks horrible, quite frankly. I've heard somewhere that the Pokemon GBA series's pallets are stored in lz-77 format (the same format as a lot of things in it are). If this is true, how would I go about compressing and decompressing my palletes?icyflare:
well to kno how to change palettes in emerald version go to my tut here (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257) its focused mainly on changing rayquaza but it also kind of tells you how to edit palettes. oh and btw u hav 2 make sure u copy out the WHOLE pallet line... if u do then it wont come up short. and when u insert the palette in hex make sure u get the right thing. pm me if u dnt get anything...

mxkpkmnextu??
February 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Hail
I come here to ask if anybody knows how can i change the palettes of the overworld sprites... Cuz the first gym leader and the professor are blond, and there ain't no colour that I can use to that in their palettes
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Zacceh
February 11th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Ok, I found something while messing around w/ a FireRed ROM using AdvanceMap. Its not all that great. I went to Vermillion Port where the Truck is and I found a signpost marked as Invisible with the Offset of $BE002. This strange signpost offset that I located was Due South of the truck. When I stupidly Deleted the "Hero's House" offset & replaced it w/ $BE002, no text appeared but the sign was marked as visible. Does anyone know anything about this & could tell me? Also could anyone give me the Offset for the "Hero's House" sign...as I DID delete it...?

P.S. If this in the wrong forum, please move it k tnx!

Pazuzu
February 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Hail
I come here to ask if anybody knows how can i change the palettes of the overworld sprites... Cuz the first gym leader and the professor are blond, and there ain't no colour that I can use to that in their palettes
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/
It works the same way as with any other pallete.
See one of the many tutorials in the Tutorial forum.

Ok, I found something while messing around w/ a FireRed ROM using AdvanceMap. Its not all that great. I went to Vermillion Port where the Truck is and I found a signpost marked as Invisible with the Offset of $BE002. This strange signpost offset that I located was Due South of the truck. When I stupidly Deleted the "Hero's House" offset & replaced it w/ $BE002, no text appeared but the sign was marked as visible. Does anyone know anything about this & could tell me? Also could anyone give me the Offset for the "Hero's House" sign...as I DID delete it...?

P.S. If this in the wrong forum, please move it k tnx!
Hidden Signposts are considered as Hidden Items.
Their offset should directs to the item find routine.

The offset of the Hero's house sign in Fire-Red is $165850.

darklugia1
February 11th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks Shaneypoo17, but even after I renamed my file with no spaces in Ruby, in Scripted it read:
Rubikon 1.3 by Kyoufu Kawa
--------------------------------------------------------------
Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted.

And I have many, many more questions, all apply to Emerald (these are very long and stupid, but I need help with them):

1. How do you create a new map without replacing a previous one?
2. How do you change the position where routes/cities connect?
3. I know something similar was asked before, but how do you change/add a new type and change its weaknesses/resistences?
4. Is it possible to create something similar to Shadow Pokemon? (that is, where no TM's or HM's can be learned, and no levels can be gained until it is 'purified')
5. Is it possible to create a script that allows you to capture a certain Pokemon form a trainer?
6. What's the script number for the events that occur inside of, and when you get off the truck?
7. How do you create a new item without replacing one?
8. Is it possible to insert a new tileset without replacing one?
9. How do you make a newly created Pokemon (??) learn more than one attack in Pokemon Amplifier?
10. Can you create a new attack without replacing a previous one?

Again, thanks for any help ;)

Roxie Mika
February 11th, 2006, 06:45 PM
icyflare:
well to kno how to change palettes in emerald version go to my tut here (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257) its focused mainly on changing rayquaza but it also kind of tells you how to edit palettes. oh and btw u hav 2 make sure u copy out the WHOLE pallet line... if u do then it wont come up short. and when u insert the palette in hex make sure u get the right thing. pm me if u dnt get anything...

I hate to tell you this, but your tutorial tells me hardly anything about changing palletes. It also assumes that you know exactly where your pallete is located in the ROM, as do most pallete editing tutorials. Unfortunately, it's much more a hindrance than a help. +_+;

EDIT: Ok, now I feel dumb for saying that... Still, I've tried your tutorial, and it didn't really help me... >_>; Ah well, if you don't succeed, try and try again, then smack your computer around a bit with a large trout...

EDIT2: I ended up figuring it out anyway. =D

Enter-Shikary
February 12th, 2006, 02:50 AM
whene i click on people in elit map to see the script
i dont see any thing in the scripted
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4637/neimenovana4yw.png
any one can hellp me

jojotjuh
February 12th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Hi, I messed with some pictures in UNlz.gba and now pikachu looks stupid... (only a tail)
so, i want to ask if some one could please give me all pics of pikachu from pokemon firered please?

thanks!

p.s.

pikachu image (front and back) no icon

pokemon fire red

unLZ.gba image please

and the pokedex text...

thanks again :) ;)

EDIT: Hey Icyflare! you saved my hack:) thank you very much! ;)
and yes, i will backup more often :)

Roxie Mika
February 12th, 2006, 06:34 AM
POKéDEX Text: It has small electric sacs on both its cheeks. If threatened, it looses electric charges from the sacs.

Pictures are attached ^_^

But next time, back up your ROM to be safe.

EDIT: Not a problem at all, jojotjuh. =D

sleepypig
February 12th, 2006, 06:49 AM
i would like to change the wild pokemon location in fire red, or leaf green without leaving any side effect to the rom (etc: headset disappear....)

I have been Tried ADvance Map and Elite Map(bewilder) , however neither both of them success....(i really sick with the Elitemap table or offset)

Could any pro teach a way? this have been torture me for few weeks!!!

MegaMan666
February 12th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I gotta problem, why Pokemon Emerald (US) doesn't work on EM 3.7 I remember that one file was needed for it , but I don't have it. Please help =]

Darklink224
February 12th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Okay, so I'm making my frist hack, and the tools seem to hate me
I switch between Elitemap and Advancemap and now they dont want to work
If i get a fresh, new rom, and i load it with 1 tool, it wont work with the other one.
Whats wrong? Have these tools got a mind of their own?

Shaneypoo17
February 12th, 2006, 08:56 AM
icyflare:
ok... u need 2 find out the palette offsets 1st... one way which i do sometime... is import ur image u want into unlz but dont save it... then look at the colors and use paint and A-color to do them... or u can insert the sprite (in ur case absol) into like one of the starters(export palette and make sure u hav a backup of the pokemon u replace_... then u play the game until u see the pkmn/thing u inserted and go to palette viewer... then look in the right section for the palette of absol... then copy down all the bytes.. (remember to flip) into notepad... and then find the palette of groudon in hex... in my tut. then delete groudons palette and insert absols and there u go.

Dragon_Slayer
February 12th, 2006, 10:29 AM
heya, does any1 know how i can get mew celebi and deoxys with a emulator?

Roxie Mika
February 12th, 2006, 10:58 AM
icyflare:
ok... u need 2 find out the palette offsets 1st... one way which i do sometime... is import ur image u want into unlz but dont save it... then look at the colors and use paint and A-color to do them... or u can insert the sprite (in ur case absol) into like one of the starters(export palette and make sure u hav a backup of the pokemon u replace_... then u play the game until u see the pkmn/thing u inserted and go to palette viewer... then look in the right section for the palette of absol... then copy down all the bytes.. (remember to flip) into notepad... and then find the palette of groudon in hex... in my tut. then delete groudons palette and insert absols and there u go.
Uhm.
EDIT2: I ended up figuring it out anyway. =D
You know, though, the way you explained just now how to change palletes is exactly how I figured out how to change palletes... Amazing, how alike great minds think... Thanks for all the help, too. =)

Shaneypoo17
February 12th, 2006, 01:15 PM
ok... very simple prob... in A-map... which unknown is the flag? 1st or 2nd?

topiser
February 12th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Can Anyone give me a link to a easy to use pokemon haking tool with a tutorial for it?

mew183
February 12th, 2006, 02:45 PM
simple ouestion(s)
how do i make surf eligable for land and water riding,please give instructions.

w_rink_ly
February 12th, 2006, 11:00 PM
simple ouestion(s)
how do i make surf eligable for land and water riding,please give instructions.

Well, you could change the land tile attribute to water by using Elite Map, but then you wouldn't be able to walk on it - only surf.

Pazuzu
February 13th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Thanks Shaneypoo17, but even after I renamed my file with no spaces in Ruby, in Scripted it read:

And I have many, many more questions, all apply to Emerald (these are very long and stupid, but I need help with them):

1. How do you create a new map without replacing a previous one?
2. How do you change the position where routes/cities connect?
3. I know something similar was asked before, but how do you change/add a new type and change its weaknesses/resistences?
4. Is it possible to create something similar to Shadow Pokemon? (that is, where no TM's or HM's can be learned, and no levels can be gained until it is 'purified')
5. Is it possible to create a script that allows you to capture a certain Pokemon form a trainer?
6. What's the script number for the events that occur inside of, and when you get off the truck?
7. How do you create a new item without replacing one?
8. Is it possible to insert a new tileset without replacing one?
9. How do you make a newly created Pokemon (??) learn more than one attack in Pokemon Amplifier?
10. Can you create a new attack without replacing a previous one?

Again, thanks for any help ;) For your Database problem, see this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=59666) thread.

1. The easiest way for you would be waiting for the new AdvanceMap version which will offer a function for that.
The harder way would be doing it by Hex-Editor.
You would have to add Map Header, Data and Footer for your new Map (together with Event data, Connections table, etc.), then make an addition to the Map Bank header in order to be able to use the map. (Repoint data if needed.)

2. AdvanceMap -> "Tools"->"Connections".

3. See a few pages back in this thread.

4. You could solve that problem by adding a "pre-evolution" to a Pokémon.
That pre-evo won't be able to learn any attacks and will be purified (evolves to the normal Pokémon) when Happy/Been given a special Item.
However it will still level up.

5. Possible yes, but only by ASM hacking. You would have to make major changes to the Trainerbattle routine.

6. Take a look at their level scripts.

7. It will be easier for you to replace an old one. Just change an unused "?????" item to what you want your new item to be.

9. No. You will have to repoint the attack data of the Pokémon with a Hex-Editor in order to add new Moves.

10. You probably will have to repoint the whole attack block in oder to add a new move.
I haven't tested it, but it would be worth a try.
Just copy the whole attack data block to empty space in your rom and add the data for your new attack by copying an existing one.
Then repoint the list and see what happens.

whene i click on people in elit map to see the script
i don�t see any thing in the scripted

any one can hellp me http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61429

i would like to change the wild pokemon location in fire red, or leaf green without leaving any side effect to the rom (etc: headset disappear....)

I have been Tried ADvance Map and Elite Map(bewilder) , however neither both of them success....(i really sick with the Elitemap table or offset)

Could any pro teach a way? this have been torture me for few weeks!!! The new AdvanceMap version will have the header bug fixed.
Your only other choice is a Hex-Editor.
The structure has been posted here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1395857&postcount=4).

I gotta problem, why Pokemon Emerald (US) doesn't work on EM 3.7 I remember that one file was needed for it , but I don't have it. Please help =] http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47966

Okay, so I'm making my frist hack, and the tools seem to hate me
I switch between Elitemap and Advancemap and now they dont want to work
If i get a fresh, new rom, and i load it with 1 tool, it wont work with the other one.
Whats wrong? Have these tools got a mind of their own? Yup! You always have to be nice to them! XD
Nah j/k! =P

EliteMap seems to have problems editing a rom that has been edited with AdvanceMap before and vice versa.
However, that is supposed to be fixed in the new version which will be released soon.

heya, does any1 know how i can get mew celebi and deoxys with a emulator? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21545
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31644
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31288

ok... very simple prob... in A-map... which unknown is the flag? 1st or 2nd? For what Event type?

For Script Events:
-Flag Value: Unknown 1
-Flag Number: Unknown 2

For People Events:
-Unique flag: "No.+Status"

Can Anyone give me a link to a easy to use pokemon haking tool with a tutorial for it? Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66) (Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223))
Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php)
They are all easy to handle if you try to understand them.
Most of them don't even require a tutorial.
Just use the help of the links I gave you and you will find what you need.

darklugia1
February 13th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Thanks, Scizz!
I still would like to know if it is possible to create a new tileset to use without editing an old one, though.
Also, how do you change the level of the starters? (with hex or with a tool)

P.S: Oh yeah, I re-download ScriptEd from the thread, and it still won't work!

P.P.S: In EliteMap, when trying to load a level in Emerald, the message:
Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range
appeared, and the program shut down.

In Advance Map, when trying to load the same Emerald Rom, the message:
Access violation at address 0047C6C4 in module 'AdvanceMap.exe'. Read of address E2B20097.
appeared, and the Rom did not load.

EDIT: Nevermind about AdvanceMap, I updated my .ini. EliteMap, though, has the updated .ini, but has a different problem.

P.P.P.S: In PET, while editing Ruby/Sapphire, the Trainers were loaded with the wrong sprites, and Pokemon had wrong attacks (i.e. Brendan's lv.31 Swellow knew Acid Armor and Bounce) Anyone know how to fix this?

Is it just the Emerald rom, or something else? :(
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated :D

Roxie Mika
February 13th, 2006, 09:34 AM
EDIT: ARRKK. I fixed it... no patch for you!

misticman
February 13th, 2006, 01:38 PM
i was hacking sapphire when i was about to test it when i suddenly saw some bugs (pretty normal for a beginner hacker like me) but the most hatefull was i couldn't enter any building in petalburg after i built a new building what should i do i tried allot of things to get into the houses i changed the movement blocks few times and still no use.
i really don't want to start all over again.please help me.

p.s.i use advance map.

mew183
February 13th, 2006, 04:17 PM
look at the pic below,can i learn how to change pallet colors to the pictuer circled in red using a hex-editor.

Pokepearl
February 14th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Does someone know were i can download mario-hack programs?

Shaneypoo17
February 14th, 2006, 07:16 AM
yo... i wanna kno... i want this guy who stands infront of the pokecenter to disappear when flag 0800 is executed... can u tell me what box 2 put that flag in advance map?

misticman
February 14th, 2006, 12:37 PM
1.how do you edit sapphire title screen without HEX or cyclone.
2.how to edit prof.birch's pic at the beginning.

darklugia1
February 14th, 2006, 01:33 PM
misticman:
for your 2nd question, this was posted by Shaneypoo17:
its uncompressed data so u shud find it in tlp. as for the offset u wud hav 2 ask scizz.

Shaneypoo17
February 15th, 2006, 04:16 AM
what is the offset for pokemon fr overworlds in tile molester?

misticman
February 15th, 2006, 06:14 AM
well then what is the offset?
and still i wanna know my first question.
can you help me please i wanna complete the beta as soon as possible.:)

Pazuzu
February 15th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Thanks, Scizz!
I still would like to know if it is possible to create a new tileset to use without editing an old one, though.
Also, how do you change the level of the starters? (with hex or with a tool)

P.S: Oh yeah, I re-download ScriptEd from the thread, and it still won't work!

P.P.S: In EliteMap, when trying to load a level in Emerald, the message:

appeared, and the program shut down.

In Advance Map, when trying to load the same Emerald Rom, the message:

appeared, and the Rom did not load.

EDIT: Nevermind about AdvanceMap, I updated my .ini. EliteMap, though, has the updated .ini, but has a different problem.

P.P.P.S: In PET, while editing Ruby/Sapphire, the Trainers were loaded with the wrong sprites, and Pokemon had wrong attacks (i.e. Brendan's lv.31 Swellow knew Acid Armor and Bounce) Anyone know how to fix this?

Is it just the Emerald rom, or something else?
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated
Starters: For R/S: The level byte is hardcoded somewhere inside the Bag/Lab script.
For FR/LG see here.

For Tilesets: If there is a pointer table with pointers to each tileset which you can repoint to add a new entry, then yes.

ScriptED: I just redownloaded it from the thread and it worked fine. Make sure you replace all your files with the ones from the ZIP. (Or just extract it to it's own folder, make sure all files of the ZIP are in the same folder.)

EliteMap: Make sureyou updated your INI file with the entry from the thread in the Documents and Tutorials forum.
It works fine.

PET: For the Sprites, you have to dump the Trainer Pics again from the ROM your are editing. (It uses the pics from the last ROM you dumped them from.)
For the attacks, as the offset seems to be correct, it can't be fixed, as it is a problem within PET itself.

I was wondering, I used AdvanceMap and EliteMap on my Pokémon Emerald ROM, and now I can't run with B button on many maps. I can tell you what I did with each program:

AdvanceMap:

1. Edited maps
2. Edited tiles with block editor
3. Changed certain tilesets
4. Added events

EliteMap:

1. Added and edited events
2. Expanded and edited maps
3. Changed some music
4. ScriptEd was used to change and add scripts
5. Other small things

I'm quite sure everything I re-pointed was located to an even offset (like 2/4/6/8/A/C/E).

How can I fix this problem?
EDIT: Also, I'm having other problems like signposts giving me items called '????????' and a few other things.... It's getting on my nerves and I'm quite sure I didn't do anything myself that would corrupt my ROM... I think that my magical combination of EliteMap and AdvanceMap has finally failed me on this hack...
;_; This REALLY sucks.

I have an IPS attached of my current work on Emerald Remastered, my hack.
Patch to a CLEAN Emerald (U) ROM, if you follow.
I may continue this sooner or later, if the bugs are fixed.
The problem that you can't run on Maps anymore is the permission byte.
It set wether you can run/use the bike/can fly/etc. on a Map or not.

In EliteMap and AdvanceMap they are represented by the "Type/Typ" attribute in the Header editor.
Try changing it. (Take a look at other Maps to know which one to use.)

For the Signposts, you have most likely set it's attribute to "Hidden/Versteckt" or vice versa, if you set it to "Hidden", you turned the Signposts to a Hidden-Item, therefore it will try to give you an item, but can't as it is not set correctly.
If you changed it from "Hidden" to not hidden, you have to adjust the Script offset.

i was hacking sapphire when i was about to test it when i suddenly saw some bugs (pretty normal for a beginner hacker like me) but the most hatefull was i couldn't enter any building in petalburg after i built a new building what should i do i tried allot of things to get into the houses i changed the movement blocks few times and still no use.
i really don't want to start all over again.please help me.

p.s.i use advance map.
Make sure you have placed Warps on the doors, and that their Movement permission block is set to "0".

That is a reason why it is important to always make a backup before changing anything in your ROM.
That way you won't have to start all over again.

look at the pic below,can i learn how to change pallet colors to the pictuer circled in red using a hex-editor.
There are several tutorials for changing pallete with a Hex-Editor.

Take a look in the Tutorial forum.

Does someone know were i can download mario-hack
programs?
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/utilities.phtml

yo... i wanna kno... i want this guy who stands infront of the pokecenter to disappear when flag 0800 is executed... can u tell me what box 2 put that flag in advance map?
"No+Status" is the flag in person events.

1.how do you edit sapphire title screen without HEX or cyclone.
2.how to edit prof.birch's pic at the beginning.
1. unLZ GBA. Search for the pics, export them, edit them and import them again.
A list with numbers can be found in the Tutorial forum, together with other useful information.

2. As it is uncompressed, you have to edit it with TLP or Tile-Molester.
See this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1605637&postcount=11) post for the offset.

what is the offset for pokemon fr overworlds in tile molester?
0035BC00

misticman
February 15th, 2006, 09:43 AM
well actually none of the events work anymore even my traps and sprites are gone

Pazuzu
February 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM
well actually none of the events work anymore even my traps and sprites are gone See here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1888728&postcount=169) for a methode on how you can try to fix your problem.

Hiidoran
February 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Alright I've tryed and tryed and i can't get it right. Can someone give me a script where a person says one thing and then when you get a certain item says something else? If you know please tell me.

Roxie Mika
February 15th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I need help, not making a pallet, but this time FINDING one. I need to find the color pallet of text box Type 1 in a Pokemon Emerald version ROM. A search for the Pallet colors gotten from VBA pulls up nothing with Hex Workshop (piece of crap...). I also need help finding overworld pallets. Thanks!

EDIT: To be more specific, I need to know where the overworld pallets for Brendan, May, and the male Team Aqua Grunt are located.

darklugia1
February 15th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yay! Thanks Scizz, everything works now! :D

Oh yeah, one more question (I always think of new ones, for some reason)
How do you delete people/warps/signs/etc. in AdvanceMap and/or EliteMap?

Magnemite
February 15th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I am using the tile for the top of a cliff, you know, where the cliff ends and you can see the grass behind it. Anyway, how can I make it so the hero can walk on this tile, but not cross directly up to the grass from here?

Shaneypoo17
February 16th, 2006, 03:47 AM
ok... i got a ques...
1. whats the command to give an item (in scripted)
2. i inserted this script
#org 0xEFDE70
checkflag 0x9DA
if 0 0x732740
message 0x7325B0
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x732740
setflag 0x9DA
setflag 0x800
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x732990
if 1 0x732CE0
end

#org 0x732990
message 0x733060
boxset 0x2
checkitem 0x6B
end

#org 0x732CE0
message 0x7338A0
boxset 0x2
checkitem 0xB5
end

#org 0x733060
= Hello sir, I heard that \nmisty from REDWOOD CITY \p has a big crush on you\n how cute! girls like \p pearls, so give her this\n pearl! you'll need it\p more than me!

#org 0x7338A0
= Hello miss, I heard that /n ASH, whos staying in/p REDWOOD CITY has a big crush/n on you!/p heres a MACHO BRACE to\n give to him.. he'll love it!

#org 0x7325B0
= I bet my present helped...

and when i played the game and talked to him it worked perfectly except it activated the safari zone O.o... and i could only get out of it when i pressed retire which sent me to the pokedex O.o... i rly need help.

RicePigeonKKM
February 16th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Well, sorta. I used to hack in the past but that was long ago. Just wondeing how to go about scripts, as I hear of this program called Rubikon. Where do I get this?

misticman
February 16th, 2006, 07:15 AM
they aren't really gone they are still there but if i play the game all events are gone.:(

Pokepearl
February 16th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I have two questions:

- How can i change the connenctions (ruby) in advancemap?
- Ive downloaded tilemolester, but there isnt a program... Only a few pictures etc.

Enter-Shikary
February 16th, 2006, 11:03 AM
I have two questions:

- How can i change the connenctions (ruby) in advancemap?
- Ive downloaded tilemolester, but there isnt a program... Only a few pictures etc.
1. ctrl+a
2. you must have java instaled

Kaeru_ike
February 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
I have a question, how can i easily change the ruby title from Red to Black?
Don't say hex, i dunno anything of it.

Roxie Mika
February 16th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Don't say hex, i dunno anything of it.

Sorry, but there's really only one simple way to change pallets, and that's a hex editor... Once you learn how to use it correctly, it becomes frighteningly simple to use.

EDIT: Hm... You just want it to be blacked out, like no Groudon and stuff? Or do you want to have a blackened color pallet for something you're inserting?

LINK1438
February 16th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I've heard ots a great palletlette viewer and Im in need of serious Poke ripping:)
Whered meh thread go? Ohh.......

RicePigeonKKM
February 16th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Okay so I was hacking sapphire the other day using rubikon to test out a givepokemon command.

#org 0x71f100
checkflag 0x666f

if 0 0x666f
message 0x71f600
boxset 0x4
boxset BOXSET_YESNO

compare LASTRESULT YES
givepokemon 0x98 0x05
setflag 0x666f
message 0x71f650
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x71f600
= Take CHIKORITA?

#org 0x71f650
= Recieved CHIKORITA!

When trying to compile this, rkc gave me an RTE. Besides that, I have a feeling I messed the code up somehow.

MalamuteKid
February 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Is there like an easy way to edit the sprites for pokemon?

Pokepearl
February 17th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Whats the nuber in UNLZGBA, (FIRERED) For the tiles from tree's ?

Shaneypoo17
February 17th, 2006, 04:23 AM
pokepearl: its 1990... well thats the main tileset which includes trees O.o

Pokepearl
February 17th, 2006, 05:21 AM
I dont se a tileset with trees

Pazuzu
February 17th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Alright I've tryed and tryed and i can't get it right. Can someone give me a script where a person says one thing and then when you get a certain item says something else? If you know please tell me. #autobank on

#org 0x800000
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
'check item script
#raw 47
#raw D 'item
#raw 0 'item
#raw 1 'quantity
#raw 0 'quantity
'attention: items have 2 bytes, so does the quantity
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x800150
msgbox 0x800300
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x800150
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= Now let's see if you have\nthat Item...

#org 0x800300
= Yup, you have the Item.

#org 0x800400
= Nope, you don't have the Item.

Oh yeah, one more question (I always think of new ones, for some reason)
How do you delete people/warps/signs/etc. in AdvanceMap and/or EliteMap? Just decrease their number in AdvanceMap or EliteMap.

I am using the tile for the top of a cliff, you know, where the cliff ends and you can see the grass behind it. Anyway, how can I make it so the hero can walk on this tile, but not cross directly up to the grass from here? You can do that easily with AdvanceMap.
Instead of the normal "C" movemeant block, you change it to "10" for the cliff, and for the blocks that let you go on that cliff you change it to "0".
That should do the trick.

ok... i got a ques...
1. whats the command to give an item (in scripted)
2. i inserted this script

and when i played the game and talked to him it worked perfectly except it activated the safari zone O.o... and i could only get out of it when i pressed retire which sent me to the pokedex O.o... i rly need help. 1. giveitem 0x(ITEM) 0x(QUANTITY)
2. you set an already used flag, in your case the one for the Safari-Zone.
Change the used flags in your script.

Well, sorta. I used to hack in the past but that was long ago. Just wondeing how to go about scripts, as I hear of this program called Rubikon. Where do I get this? It's included in the EliteMap bundle.
See the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

they aren't really gone they are still there but if i play the game all events are gone.:( The post I linked you to is the way to fix your problem!

Don't say hex, i dunno anything of it. Hex. That's the only way.
But if you want all colors to be black and white, you can export the picture with the black and white pallete and import it again with overwriting the existing pallete with the black and white one. (CHeck "Export Pallete" in the dialog that pops up.)

I've heard ots a great palletlette viewer and Im in need of serious Poke ripping:)
Whered meh thread go? Ohh....... unLZ-GBA is included in the EliteMap bundle.
See the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

Okay so I was hacking sapphire the other day using rubikon to test out a givepokemon command.

When trying to compile this, rkc gave me an RTE. Besides that, I have a feeling I messed the code up somehow. Yes, you made some mistakes in the code.
Try this Script (A modified version of ZEAR's Suicune battle script):
#autobank on
#org 0x6B8080
checkflag 0x1FF
if 1 0x6b8190
message 0x6b8200
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 1 0x6b8180
message 0x6b8300
boxset 0x2
givepokemon 0x9B 5 0x0
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x6B8180
message 0x6B8270
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x6B8190
message 0x6B8240
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x6B8200
= Do you want to take CHIKORITA?
#org 0x6B8240
= How's my CHIKORITA doing?!
#org 0x6B8270
= Don't want it?
#org 0x6B8300
= Here you go!

Is there like an easy way to edit the sprites for pokemon? unLZ-GBA. Export the pic, edit it and import it back in.
For the small animated pics in the Party view, IconED by dark01.
You can get both in the Tools Showcase.

Dennis
February 17th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Is there a simple text editor for FR/LF ?
The most of them dont work, so

Thanks if you know one,

Pazuzu
February 17th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Is there a simple text editor for FR/LF ?
The most of them dont work, so

Thanks if you know one, Hex-Editor + Table file.
It's the best you can get.

Or if you want game specific program, Advance-Text.

You can get both in the Tools Showcase. (See the Hacking Tools Reference for links to places where to get other tools from, including a Hex-Editor.)

misticman
February 17th, 2006, 11:30 AM
does anyone have the offsets for all maps in sapphire (i mean like 0.9 is littleroot town).

darklugia1
February 17th, 2006, 01:39 PM
does anyone have the offsets for all maps in sapphire (i mean like 0.9 is littleroot town).

Just use AdvanceMap, all the headers are displayed.

And a problem of my own, Scizz, a while back, you said that to edit the truck events to look in the scripts in the level. Thing is, if you look at the script for the person who's the truck (in Emerald), the script is "00000" in AdvanceMap and "FFFFF" in EliteMap, both of which contain nothing. Does anyone know where this script is?

AquaLeaderMatt
February 17th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Hi, does anyone know any decent Pokéemon Crystal hacking tools? (mapping mostly) if anybody knows any can they give me a link or tell me where to get it? thanks

Pazuzu
February 17th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Just use AdvanceMap, all the headers are displayed.

And a problem of my own, Scizz, a while back, you said that to edit the truck events to look in the scripts in the level. Thing is, if you look at the script for the person who's the truck (in Emerald), the script is "00000" in AdvanceMap and "FFFFF" in EliteMap, both of which contain nothing. Does anyone know where this script is?

I said take a look at the "Level Scripts".
Those are scripts which are executed when you enter/leave/etc a Map.
One level script can be viewed in ScriptED when you click the "View level Script" button in EliteMap's toolbar.
However there can be more than one.
To view the others, you would have to get their offsets with a Hex-Editor by following a bunch of Headers and pointer tables.

Hi, does anyone know any decent Pokéemon Crystal hacking tools? (mapping mostly) if anybody knows any can they give me a link or tell me where to get it? thanks
See the Hacking Tools Reference (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223) in the Tools Showcase.

Jonny Buuz
February 17th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Okay, I'll take a chance at this, seeing's I've had this problem for as long as I've had PET, and it's never been resolved.

When I start up PET, everything runs smoothly, save one thing; the Pokemon's attacks do not show up. The four boxes are blank. On some of them, the boxes have strange attacks, like Roxanne's Nosepass with Silver Wind/Fire Blast/Growl/Curse or something to that effect.

I've redownloaded it multiple times, and each time I have the same problem. All I want to know is if I can still modify trainers if the attacks are incorrect to begin with (or nonexistant); I just don't want to mess with editing the trainers without knowing the attacks and things will end up what I want them to be.

Thanks.

P.S. It is a clean ROM; nothing's been hacked yet.

P.P.S. Is there a tutorial for editing trainers in a hex editor on this site? I used to do it to Red - Crystal all the time, but when I tried to do it in RS, it didn't work...

-searches-

Osceola
February 17th, 2006, 04:20 PM
when i started my dimensia,essence of the elements hack, when i try to evolve a PKMN, the screen turns bluish green and blanks out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Scizz?

DarknessMonkey
February 17th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I was wondering if there was an IPS file reader or some special tool that I need to play the demos/complete versions of hacks from the hacks showcase.

I have a regular emulator, but that isn't working.

Locke Yggdrasill
February 17th, 2006, 10:06 PM
You need an IPS patcher. I suggest LIPS, which comes with Elitemap.

Ice_Dragon
February 18th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Ok. I am trying to get a new Man. I have gone into A-Map and made a new Event, and entered this info: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/Icey_Dragon/Prob.png

However when I try and open it in E-Map to edit some maps, it crashes. The script of set is: $7B2B00 and the script is:

'-----------------------
#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x7B1D54
if 1 0x7B0D54
end

#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x9B 0x05 0x00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x98 0x05 0x00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Hello sir, here's a Cyndaquil!

#org 0x7B1B54
= Hello miss, here's a Chikorita!

#org 0x7B2C00
= How's that Pok?mon doing?

Also when I play the game, where the events are supposed to eb there is noting and Oak doesn't stop you. You can't walk where the events were though. Any help would be great!!!

mxkpkmnextu??
February 18th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Hail
Well, another simple question that goes like this:
When I try to change the number of people of in a map everything seems to be fine, but when I go check in the rom the people disappear and I can't also enter in the houses =S! Any suggestions??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick \m/

Enter-Shikary
February 18th, 2006, 04:18 AM
whene i complie my script whit rom and change the script offset number in a-map
my people dont say anything

Shaneypoo17
February 18th, 2006, 11:06 AM
help me... i need 2 edit the pkmn for brock and misty... yet i cant find their pkmn in hex... can sum1 giv me the offsets 4 fr?

Pazuzu
February 18th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Okay, I'll take a chance at this, seeing's I've had this problem for as long as I've had PET, and it's never been resolved.

When I start up PET, everything runs smoothly, save one thing; the Pokemon's attacks do not show up. The four boxes are blank. On some of them, the boxes have strange attacks, like Roxanne's Nosepass with Silver Wind/Fire Blast/Growl/Curse or something to that effect.

I've redownloaded it multiple times, and each time I have the same problem. All I want to know is if I can still modify trainers if the attacks are incorrect to begin with (or nonexistant); I just don't want to mess with editing the trainers without knowing the attacks and things will end up what I want them to be.

Thanks.

P.S. It is a clean ROM; nothing's been hacked yet.

P.P.S. Is there a tutorial for editing trainers in a hex editor on this site? I used to do it to Red - Crystal all the time, but when I tried to do it in RS, it didn't work...

-searches-
No, there isn't a tutorial here, yet.

The reason for no attacks (or disabled selection) is that only a few trainers have attack data for their Pokémon. (Mostly the important ones like May and Brendon.)
The others use default attacks of the Pokémon.

There seems to be some misinterpreting of the data/offsets in PET, which make the attacks diplay incorrect.
Theoretically if you don't change the attacks, nothing should get messed up.
However there's still a possibility, so you should try it out.
But keep a bacup of your ROM before editing.

when i started my dimensia,essence of the elements hack, when i try to evolve a PKMN, the screen turns bluish green and blanks out.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Scizz?
Why always me? XD

Well, seems like you corrupted the routine by some editing you did.
Go back to your backup and redo the changes and see if this still happens.

Ok. I am trying to get a new Man. I have gone into A-Map and made a new Event, and entered this info:

However when I try and open it in E-Map to edit some maps, it crashes. The script of set is: $7B2B00 and the script is:
Also when I play the game, where the events are supposed to eb there is noting and Oak doesn't stop you. You can't walk where the events were though. Any help would be great!!!
I see nothing wrong with the data you entered for your event or your script.

But as you're telling your trigger events of Prof Oak disappeared, it seems like your have corrupted your event data.

Try what is described here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1888728&postcount=169).

Hail
Well, another simple question that goes like this:
When I try to change the number of people of in a map everything seems to be fine, but when I go check in the rom the people disappear and I can't also enter in the houses =S! Any suggestions??
[[ ]]
Stay Sick \m/
Same for you. Try what is described here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1888728&postcount=169).

whene i complie my script whit rom and change the script offset number in a-map
my people don�t say anything
Check the offset.
Enter the offset you compiled it to in the script offset box. Don't forget the leading "$".

Richard5635
February 18th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I wanted to download pokemon crystal hacking tools at pokedrome.com, but i can't download the file. The download link for the file is at avhacksforum.5gigs.com. Please help me upload the file......:)

topiser
February 19th, 2006, 07:00 AM
How do you play an ips?I have everything I need but dont know how to play the the ips.Please help!

Pazuzu
February 19th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I wanted to download pokemon crystal hacking tools at pokedrome.com, but i can't download the file. The download link for the file is at avhacksforum.5gigs.com. Please help me upload the file......:)
There are a couple of other sites linked in the Hacking Tools Reference (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223) other than Pokédrome.
On Rom-Hacker's World for example you can get all G/S/C tools you need.

How do you play an ips?I have everything I need but dont know how to play the the ips.Please help!
Why don't you read the stickied threads?
We have them for a reason you know? ;)
The FAQ (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315) has a nicely explained answer for your question.

charimon
February 19th, 2006, 10:03 AM
1: I edited the team magma guy in petalburgwoods but i did gave him a torchic with pet so when i battled him the whole screen turned purple what can i do to get i back normal and is it because of pet (so edit the trainers pkmn)
2: i edited the brendan sprite in unlz but when i play the rom and click on new game the game starts over how can i get this normal ?

Netto-kun
February 19th, 2006, 12:21 PM
In unLZ where I can found the main outside tileset, with trees, grass, tall grass, and etc, in Emerald? Because I want to change it.

Osceola
February 19th, 2006, 12:36 PM
i have one problem:
I edited a couple of things in AM. Then I opened up my hack in Elitemap and this showed up (see attachment)

My game is Firered version.

Is it because I edited it in AM? Is it possible that if you edit something in AM you can't open up the file in Elitemap? If so its fine with me, I just liked Elitemap better because you can switch levels easily.

Anyone know the answer?

2. Does anyone know where the title screen in Firered is? You know the letters that say "Fire Red". I am searching for it in Unlz.gba but I can't find it. Does anyone know the number of it? (You know, 78, 1618, etc.)

Spazzup
February 19th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Reploid: It's not just possible, it's definite. LU-HO appears to hate Kawa with a passion and vice-versa :D

Roxie Mika
February 19th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I need to know how to edit the legendary Pokemon battles in Emerald Version. Poketronic 0.7 with the INI update doesn't work ( I found script offsets myself for all the battles and it told me "Load not supported" ). (Rayquaza Script at $23979A, Latias/Latios Script at $242AC4, Kyogre Script at $23B01B, Groudon Script at $23B0EC , Regiice Script at $238F58, Regirock Script at $22DA02, Registeel Script at $23905A.)

EDIT: ARGH. I now know why I can't see Steven's trainer battle and, most likely, the Frontier Brains too... It's because PET can't see past Emerald's trainer #2B5 (hex), and Steven's battle is #324 (hex)! Trainer data is at $310059. Is it possible to edit the Trainers beyond #2B5 (Fisherman Chris)?

Thank you very much.
-Supakitsune

makiri
February 20th, 2006, 06:16 AM
When i want to change pokemon in PET i got 2 options: 1. Pokemon are as pictures, but then i can change at one klick only +1 or -1, so it takes long, until i get pokemon, that i want.
2. I make option "show as text", but i don't have then real pokemon names. There are only "{\h49'\tdd[d]p\..." or something like this. How can i fix it?

DanielMz
February 20th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i need for my game:D

Roxie Mika
February 20th, 2006, 08:28 AM
help me... i need 2 edit the pkmn for brock and misty... yet i cant find their pkmn in hex... can sum1 giv me the offsets 4 misty and brocks pkmn in fr?

&H23C610 for Brock, &H23C630 for Misty. Need anything else, highness? ^^;

Pazuzu
February 20th, 2006, 09:05 AM
1: I edited the team magma guy in petalburgwoods but i did gave him a torchic with pet so when i battled him the whole screen turned purple what can i do to get i back normal and is it because of pet (so edit the trainers pkmn)
2: i edited the brendan sprite in unlz but when i play the rom and click on new game the game starts over how can i get this normal ? 1. Try redoing the changes with a clean ROM. Screen changing color is not normal, and is most likely cause by a corruption of data. (Might have been done by PET, could've happened by other editing also.)

2. Same for this. Try re-doing the changes with a clean ROM. When inserting the pic, be sure to repoint the image data to an offset with free space to avoid corruption.

i have one problem:
I edited a couple of things in AM. Then I opened up my hack in Elitemap and this showed up (see attachment)

My game is Firered version.

Is it because I edited it in AM? Is it possible that if you edit something in AM you can't open up the file in Elitemap? If so its fine with me, I just liked Elitemap better because you can switch levels easily.

Anyone know the answer?

2. Does anyone know where the title screen in Firered is? You know the letters that say "Fire Red". I am searching for it in Unlz.gba but I can't find it. Does anyone know the number of it? (You know, 78, 1618, etc.) Because there are some issues with AM and EM at the moment.
As said many times before, a ROM edited with AM won't load properly in EM afterwards and vice versa.
However the new AdvanceMap version will try to fix this.

2. 2009. YOu might need to adjust the pallete.

I need to know how to edit the legendary Pokemon battles in Emerald Version. Poketronic 0.7 with the INI update doesn't work ( I found script offsets myself for all the battles and it told me "Load not supported" ). (Rayquaza Script at $23979A, Latias/Latios Script at $242AC4, Kyogre Script at $23B01B, Groudon Script at $23B0EC , Regiice Script at $238F58, Regirock Script at $22DA02, Registeel Script at $23905A.)

EDIT: ARGH. I now know why I can't see Steven's trainer battle and, most likely, the Frontier Brains too... It's because PET can't see past Emerald's trainer #2B5 (hex), and Steven's battle is #324 (hex)! Trainer data is at $310059. Is it possible to edit the Trainers beyond #2B5 (Fisherman Chris)?

Thank you very much.
-Supakitsune For point 1: What do you want to edit in those battles?
If you just want to change the Pokémon, open up your Hex-Editor, go to the offsets and search for the Pokémon bytes. Then replace them with the one for the Pokémon you want to battle instead. (Might appear twice according to if a cry is played before or not.)
Then just change the text if needed and that's it.

For point 2: It is possible to edit the data beyond, but not with PET, as it only reads til 2B5, as you said.
Your only other choice to edit the other trainers is using a Hex-Editor.
Since you have the offsets, just load your ROM in your Hex-Editor and edit the data manualy.

When i want to change pokemon in PET i got 2 options: 1. Pokemon are as pictures, but then i can change at one klick only +1 or -1, so it takes long, until i get pokemon, that i want.
2. I make option "show as text", but i don't have then real pokemon names. There are only "{\h49'\tdd[d]p\..." or something like this. How can i fix it? 1. You didn't ask question! o.o
2. You need to adjust the offset given at "MonsterNames" in the entry for your ROM in the PokeRoms.ini file.
Seems like it isn't set properly.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i need for my game:D The Tools Showcase is a nice place to find what you need.
Have a look at the stickied Hacking Tools Reference.

makiri
February 20th, 2006, 11:05 AM
2. You need to adjust the offset given at "MonsterNames" in the entry for your ROM in the PokeRoms.ini file.

How can i do it? With which program?

Roxie Mika
February 20th, 2006, 03:20 PM
For point 1: What do you want to edit in those battles?
If you just want to change the Pokémon, open up your Hex-Editor, go to the offsets and search for the Pokémon bytes. Then replace them with the one for the Pokémon you want to battle instead. (Might appear twice according to if a cry is played before or not.)
Then just change the text if needed and that's it.

That worked well! Thank you Scizz!

Now I just have to learn how to find overworld pallets and I'm really in business...

Alpham-A-Epsilons
February 20th, 2006, 04:22 PM
I need help I cant play any rom hacks

Kaeru_ike
February 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Hello, as you see on my signature im working on a hack named Pok�mon Darkness... I need some help! In the game you should get Marill by clicking on the Marril sprite! How do i fix that? Please! If you know how to, tell me!
If i must use scripting it would be nice if you could make the script!

Is the script inserted like this?
$14D6DF
If it is so... Please give me the right script code to put on the Marill sprite

Hmmm... Be a little more spesific...

Pazuzu
February 21st, 2006, 06:02 AM
How can i do it? With which program?
You'll need a Hex-Editor and a table file.
You can find both on the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference.

I need help I cant play any rom hacks
Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315)
See the point "How to apply an IPS-Patch".

Hello, as you see on my signature im working on a hack named Pokémon Darkness... I need some help! In the game you should get Marill by clicking on the Marril sprite! How do i fix that? Please! If you know how to, tell me!
If i must use scripting it would be nice if you could make the script!

Is the script inserted like this?
$14D6DF
If it is so... Please give me the right script code to put on the Marill sprite

Hmmm... Be a little more spesific...
#autobank on
#org 0x800100
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x800150
end

#org 0x800150
setvar 0x4001 183
givepokemon 183 0x5 0x0
fanfare 0x172
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x800200
= \v\h01 obtained a MARRIL!

DanielMz
February 21st, 2006, 06:31 AM
please some one can help me?

makiri
February 21st, 2006, 11:23 AM
I have Hexecut, but i don't know how to use it, and what is table file.
(If you can give me answers on PM)

Roxie Mika
February 21st, 2006, 11:38 AM
I need to know if it is possible to port the tilesets from FireRed version onto Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald version, and if it is, how can I do so? If I am to use unLZ-GBA, can someone give me a step-by-step of how I should go about porting the tiles? Thank you!

Osceola
February 21st, 2006, 11:51 AM
thanks!

1. Is there any way to use FF's to create a new map? I mean in hex, doing it manually.
2. how can u insert a wild PKMN battle script in hex or an PKMN or item give script in hex?
3. is there a tool where you can load a map click on a person on the map and edit his script? (no i know about scripting but if there is a tool like that it would be helpful and save more time instead of inserting all these offsets) Just wondering...

EDIT

4. I opened up Firered in Unlz.gba, then i went to the hero and heroine sprites. I edited those. But when I loaded the game, the regular heros showed up again. But when I open the trainercard then my edited sprite exists.
Take a look at the attachments.

As you can see in the trainer card, the modified sprite is there. But when you select the boy and girl thing, the regular sprite is still there. How do I change that sprite?

mxkpkmnextu??
February 21st, 2006, 01:38 PM
Hail
I got 2 more problems, which are giving me an big headache, so
you see, I'm putting some new sprites in the game and the sprites after putting them in the rom the sprite comes out without some line(see in the attached files), the other thing is also about the sprites, and when I'm trying to put another sprite and I try to compress it into the rom it says "Pal to big. Do you want to expand the rom for further space?" and even if click in yes the result is the same, that is the thing all black (see also below)
Note: I'm using pokepic with this despite the fact of me using unlzgba, but in the unlz nothing is said and the pokemon pic in the hack comes out like some sort of missingno...
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/

ethankaiba
February 21st, 2006, 05:38 PM
hey,i need a good map editor.advnced map is in german and i'm in america.is there a way to translate?i need help.

mxkpkmnextu??
February 22nd, 2006, 05:45 AM
hey,i need a good map editor.advnced map is in german and i'm in america.is there a way to translate?i need help.

Hail
The new AM 1.80 is available and it's all in english
Hope it helped
[[]]
Stay Sick\m/

Kaeru_ike
February 22nd, 2006, 08:52 AM

Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315)
See the point "How to apply an IPS-Patch".

#autobank on
#org 0x800100
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0 0x800150
end

#org 0x800150
setvar 0x4001 183
givepokemon 183 0x5 0x0
fanfare 0x172
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
end

#org 0x800200
= \v\h01 obtained a MARRIL!

But how do i insert the script?

Shaneypoo17
February 22nd, 2006, 09:00 AM
legendary reploid zero: if u didnt notice the sprite at the start and the sprite in trainer card r 2 diff sprites.. the 1st 1 is 256 colors and in fr it can be found in unlz on numba 341 in b&w 256 colors xD

Enter-Shikary
February 22nd, 2006, 09:03 AM
li kero you must complie script whit rom

yamidante
February 22nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
i have searched the forum and helmeted rodent and i have searched google for elitemap 3.5 and i cant find it does anyone have it???? if so please could u put it up for download i tryed downloading the one i found on the forums but it said archive corrupt or damaged and downloaded it another 3 times

would really appreciate it ;)

edit: sorry i dont know why this is here... it was supposed to be a thread...

Osceola
February 22nd, 2006, 11:06 AM
thanks, Shaney, but anyone know the right pallete number for the boy and girl in FR? Its a real pain editing the black and white version.

Shaneypoo17
February 22nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
afew questions...

1.ive got this script... its for fr... and for some reason it teleports me to the starting house top floor instead of the place above cereulian. can someone correct it?
#org 0x8100F0
lock
message 0x810510
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x810720
message 0x811810
boxset 0x2
warp 0x3 0x43 0x2
release
end

#org 0x810720
lock
message 0x811010
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x810510
= Hello,\n would you like to get \pa lift to BATTLE CORNER?

#org 0x811810
= GO SLOWBRO, TELEPORT!!!

#org 0x811010
= OK,\pjust tell me when you \nwant to go to the BATTLE CORNER

2. whats the offset for the fire red hero in tile molester and whats the palette offset?

3. is there any way to change the order of colors in a palette? like a program or something.

ty in advance.

yamidante
February 22nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
can anyone tell me whats wrong with my script ???

***script***

#org 0x837510
givepokemon 0xF6 0x09 0x01
message 0x837530
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x837530
= yo, here's a larvitar

***script***

makiri
February 22nd, 2006, 02:45 PM
When i want to change pokemon in PET i got 2 options: Pokemon are as pictures, but then i can change at one klick only +1 or -1, so it takes long, until i get pokemon, that i want.I make option "show as text", but i don't have then real pokemon names. There are only "{\h49'\tdd[d]p\..." or something like this. How can i fix it?

You need to adjust the offset given at "MonsterNames" in the entry for your ROM in the PokeRoms.ini file.You'll need a Hex-Editor and a table file.

I have Hexecut, but i don't know how to use it, and what is table file.
Can someone help me with this? (Adjust the offset and send to me, or tell me what i have to do step by step) Plz!

February 22nd, 2006, 07:09 PM
I read through the FAQS on the forum and I saw the link about VBALink. The file seems to be corrupt. Its there a way now to trade Pokemon or just not high-tech enough yet.

Thanks!:confused:

yamidante
February 23rd, 2006, 01:53 AM
no you need VBAlink the file doesnt work the forum crashed and all file uploaded before the cash were corrupted

As_Stars_Go_Out
February 23rd, 2006, 07:43 AM
i need a program that can change the starters in Pokémon Emerald can anyone help me out?

lance_6511
February 23rd, 2006, 08:03 AM
can anyone tell me how to change the graphics in pokemon ruby?????make it new ya know add u r own characters and all??

Shaneypoo17
February 23rd, 2006, 09:03 AM

***script***

#org 0x837510
message 0x837530
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x837530
= yo, here's a larvitar

***script***
try this

#org 0x837510
message 0x837530
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x837530
= yo,\n here's a larvitar

Osceola
February 23rd, 2006, 11:13 AM
also where is the number in Unlz.gba for Charizard?

Roxie Mika
February 23rd, 2006, 12:00 PM
Can someone tell me what's wrong with my script? It inserts correctly, but in-game (Emerald) it shows "\v\h01 obtained a TANGELA!" every time you say YES, it doesn't play the fanfare, and it doesn't enable the Pokemon option on the Menu. (this script is based off of the Chikorita script earlier in the thread)

#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x1 0x9C1490
message 0x9c1500
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1600
boxset 0x2
givepokemon 0x72 5 0x0
fanfare 0x212
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
setflag 0x800
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1570
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1490
message 0x9C1540
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Do you want the GRASS-type TANGELA?
#org 0x9C1540
= That's one of PROF. BIRCH's POKéMON.
#org 0x9C1570
= Choose wisely!
#org 0x9C1600
= \v\h01 obtained a TANGELA!

Also, is it possible to make a script that checks flag 0x1FF and if it's set, the script ends, but if it's not set, Prof. Birch tells you to come back and choose a Pokemon?

Pazuzu
February 24th, 2006, 05:40 AM
please some one can help me? Learn a programming language (Visual Basic, C++, C#, etc.) and get a developing enviroment to compile your code into an executable program.

I need to know if it is possible to port the tilesets from FireRed version onto Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald version, and if it is, how can I do so? If I am to use unLZ-GBA, can someone give me a step-by-step of how I should go about porting the tiles? Thank you! It is possible.
Just dump your tileset of FR and your tileset of Emerald with unLZ-GBA. (RAW)
Then open both with TLP or Tilemolester, edit the offsets for your needs (like moving blocks from the FR one to the Emerald one), save and Import them back into your game.

thanks!

1. Is there any way to use FF's to create a new map? I mean in hex, doing it manually.
2. how can u insert a wild PKMN battle script in hex or an PKMN or item give script in hex?
3. is there a tool where you can load a map click on a person on the map and edit his script? (no i know about scripting but if there is a tool like that it would be helpful and save more time instead of inserting all these offsets) Just wondering...
1. You want to create a Map manually with a Hex-Editor? o.0
I hope you have time on your hands.
It is possible, but I would not reccomend it. Other things, yes, but not Maps.
AdvanceMap has a nice new function to create new Maps. You're better off by using that one.

2.Find Item Script:
[1A0080][item No][1A0180][amount][090102]

Give Pokémon Script:
[79][Pokémon Number][Level][Item][0000000000000000]

Wild Battle Script:
[B6][Pokémon Number][Level][00254301]

3. ScriptED. Load your Map in EliteMap, CTRL+Click on an Event and edit it's Script.

Hail
I got 2 more problems, which are giving me an big headache, so
you see, I'm putting some new sprites in the game and the sprites after putting them in the rom the sprite comes out without some line(see in the attached files), the other thing is also about the sprites, and when I'm trying to put another sprite and I try to compress it into the rom it says "Pal to big. Do you want to expand the rom for further space?" and even if click in yes the result is the same, that is the thing all black (see also below)
Note: I'm using pokepic with this despite the fact of me using unlzgba, but in the unlz nothing is said and the pokemon pic in the hack comes out like some sort of missingno...
[[[ ]]]
Stay Sick\m/ If it says "Pal too big", then you have not indexed your Image corrrectly.
The reason why the black outline is not shown correctly, is that you have not defined it right in your Pallete.
ALso when inserting images and palletes, make sure you insert them at free space, so that you don't corrupt any other data.

But how do i insert the script? ScriptED. It is included in the EliteMap installer.

i have searched the forum and helmeted rodent and i have searched google for elitemap 3.5 and i cant find it does anyone have it???? if so please could u put it up for download i tryed downloading the one i found on the forums but it said archive corrupt or damaged and downloaded it another 3 times

would really appreciate it

edit: sorry i dont know why this is here... it was supposed to be a thread... 3.5 is not available anymore. The latest and improved version is 3.7, which is reccomended to use. You can get it at the Hacking Tools Reference.

afew questions...

1.ive got this script... its for fr... and for some reason it teleports me to the starting house top floor instead of the place above cereulian. can someone correct it?

2. whats the offset for the fire red hero in tile molester and whats the palette offset?

3. is there any way to change the order of colors in a palette? like a program or something.

ty in advance.
1. #org 0x8100F0
lock
message 0x810510
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x810720
message 0x811810
boxset 0x2
warp 0x3 43 0x0
release
end

#org 0x810720
lock
message 0x811010
boxset 0x2
release
end

#org 0x810510
= Hello,\n would you like to get \pa lift to BATTLE CORNER?

#org 0x811810
= GO SLOWBRO, TELEPORT!!!

#org 0x811010
= OK,\pjust tell me when you \nwant to go to the BATTLE CORNER Remember to add a Warp on the Map to Warp to.

2. Specify. What Hero do you mean?

3. Hex-Editor.
Go to the pallete offset and re-arrange the colors as you want.

***script***

#org 0x837510
message 0x837530
boxset 0x4
end

#org 0x837530
= yo, here's a larvitar

***script*** Replace "boxset 0x4" with "boxset 0x6".
Also if you don't want the event to re-occur every time you talk to it, remember to set flags.

I read through the FAQS on the forum and I saw the link about VBALink. The file seems to be corrupt. Its there a way now to trade Pokemon or just not high-tech enough yet.

Thanks! The page in the FAQ is outdated.
The new site is available at http://www.vbalink.info/ .
I will fix the link.

i need a program that can change the starters in Pokémon Emerald can anyone help me out? Hex-Editor.
A tutorial can be found here.

can anyone tell me how to change the graphics in pokemon ruby?????make it new ya know add u r own characters and all?? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775
It works the same way for Pokémon and Trainers, together with all other graphics.

also where is the number in Unlz.gba for Charizard? As I told you via PM, it's 2011.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with my script? It inserts correctly, but in-game (Emerald) it shows "\v\h01 obtained a TANGELA!" every time you say YES, it doesn't play the fanfare, and it doesn't enable the Pokemon option on the Menu. (this script is based off of the Chikorita script earlier in the thread)

Also, is it possible to make a script that checks flag 0x1FF and if it's set, the script ends, but if it's not set, Prof. Birch tells you to come back and choose a Pokemon? The problem is the "givepokemon" code.
Is is set in the RubiKode database with less bytes than it actually uses.
Just add the missing bytes and it willl work.
#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x1 0x9C1490
message 0x9c1500
boxset BOXSET_YESNO
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 0x9C1480
givepokemon 0x72 5 0x0
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
fanfare 0x212
message 0x9C1600
boxset 0x2
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1FF
setflag 0x800
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9C1570
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1490
message 0x9C1540
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Do you want the GRASS-type TANGELA?
#org 0x9C1540
= That's one of PROF. BIRCH's POKéMON.
#org 0x9C1570
= Choose wisely!
#org 0x9C1600
= \v\h01 obtained a TANGELA! It is possible to do that.
#org 0x9C1380
checkflag 0x1FF
if 0x0 0x9C1480
end

#org 0x9C1480
message 0x9c1500
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0x9C1500
= Please choose a Pokémon!

Shaneypoo17
February 24th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Scizz: i meant the 256 color hero and heroine in fire red, i needed the offset for that in tilemolester, and i needed the palette offset aswell.

w_rink_ly
February 24th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Does anyone know how to change the capabilities of an item. You will probably say "ASM Hacking!" - which is fine, but please tell me how to do it or help understand the basics, etc. What I want to do is take an item like soft sand and change it's name (easy) but then I want to change t so it is capable of evolving a pokemon (like a fire stone for example). Can this be done?

Shaneypoo17
February 24th, 2006, 08:43 AM
can anyone give me a link to a list of attacks in hex (for fire red)... i need them to change gym leader's pokemon.

Roxie Mika
February 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
... Scizz is a hero! Thanks, I'll keep this info in mind!

Spazzup
February 24th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know how to script/create timed events?

ie. When it's 6:00 in the internal clock a certain event is activated.

Thanks in advance ;D

Osceola
February 24th, 2006, 02:17 PM
FR Questions

1. when i open pet, i can't seem to find BIKE GOON. I want to edit the levels of his poke.

2. How can i edit the levels of the PKMN that Oak gives you and Gary? You originally start at lvl. 5, I want to turn that to 25. How can i change it?

3. When I open the Title Screen "Charizard, no matter how many times i press + and - charizard is all split up in different pieces.

4. I see what you mean in a way but not.
Item Script
Give Pokémon Script:
Wild Battle Script:
[B6][Pokémon Number][Level][00254301]

The item no., poke no, I get and the amount, level too, but what I don't get is what [00254301], [B6],0000000000000000, and the rest of the big numbers. What are those representing? Do I need to change them or do I leave them alone? I'm confused! *Pained Smile*

5. The pallete for the boy and girl in FR, is all messed up. It doesn't look at all like how it does when I go through the Oak intro and you select boy and girl. What is the pallete offset?

6. what are flags that haven't been used yet?

As_Stars_Go_Out
February 25th, 2006, 12:22 AM
does anyone know how to rearrange the tile's in FR title screen you know move the charizard ?

oh and also using hex how do you change the map titles like say pallet town to whatever?

any help would be cool thanks!

Magnemite
February 25th, 2006, 08:50 AM
As it says in the title, I am wondering if there is a way to lift the 16 item limit in secret bases, or at least raise the number a bit...

Spazzup
February 25th, 2006, 09:34 AM
As it says in the title, I am wondering if there is a way to lift the 16 item limit in secret bases, or at least raise the number a bit...
Yes, it's possible. In each Secret Base there are seventeen events, one being the laptop. The other sixteen are slots for decorations. All you have to do is create more events that behave exactly the same as the decoration events. You'll have to repoint the number of events but I think that'd work. It might also be coded into the laptop function though.

I'm not completely sure of that but it seems plausible.

charimon
February 25th, 2006, 02:10 PM
1. can you somehow enter more overworld characters in ruby (it would really help me but i already know if it is possible it is with hex :( but still i know it then :))

Hiidoran
February 25th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the script scizz, but it's still not doing it right when i plug in the info.
Could you please make me a script that checks to see if you have 1 pokeball in your bag? Please? I would appreciate it a whole lot!
Thanks in advanced

Skipp
February 25th, 2006, 06:23 PM
hay, i downloaded a hack and I got a .isp file, ive looked but i couldt find the took to incorporate that into my rom, could some 1 please post a link for it, thanks ^.^

Roxie Mika
February 25th, 2006, 06:46 PM
*sigh...* Let's make this easy.

Go to this link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223 and look for an .ips patch-tool. Simple, right...?

Haunter Master
February 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM
get lunar ips aka lips search on google thats the 1 that works for me

SilentNinja
February 25th, 2006, 08:59 PM
ok a simple question... when I open the dexter tool it says:

"ROM supported, but Pokedex base is unspecified."

How do I make the Pokedex base specified?

tharding6
February 25th, 2006, 09:53 PM
how do i make the hacks i downloaded work?

rko1legendkiller
February 26th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I need to know how to change the characters in the part where you tell oak your name in fire red, you know, your character, your rival, and oaks picture. I just need to know what tool to use and where to get it. Thanks in advance

Martin Yiu
February 27th, 2006, 01:21 AM
How do I insert script? I can't find Diamond Cutter anywhere.

Haunter Master
February 27th, 2006, 10:23 AM
ok im trying out the mew elitemap but i cant use andty programs in it like fonted every tim i try to open it it says "no roms at all in directory" plz help me

charimon
February 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM
you need to put a rom in the map of where elitemap is ;)

i have a prob when i'm editen my rom advance map didn't apply my changes so i tried elitemap but that one is doing the same

amnesiahacker
February 27th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I have been a member at this community for a long time now and I have rarely asked any questions but now I have one!!!
I am mainly a G/S hacker and recently I have branched into R/S/E/FR/LG hacking (You may have noticed my Gold Remake hack ;) ) But now that I am starting to script certain events I notice that rubikon requires flags for some elements of the script. Can someone explain what flags are and how they are calculated? And perhaps explain how to use them to make pokemon overworlds disappear after fighting them (e.g Moltres in FR) and making events such as triggers cancel out after the script has executed?

Many Thanks,
Amnesia

Shaneypoo17
February 27th, 2006, 12:00 PM
well... when you use a setflag command, it sets a flag (obviously xD), and when you use a checkflag command it checks for a certain flag and whether its been set or not... and executes a different action depending on whether its set or not... to make moltres disappear after you battle him, after the battle code, just put like setflag 0x8F1 and put 08F1 in advance map...

Pazuzu
February 27th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know how to change the capabilities of an item. You will probably say "ASM Hacking!" - which is fine, but please tell me how to do it or help understand the basics, etc. What I want to do is take an item like soft sand and change it's name (easy) but then I want to change t so it is capable of evolving a pokemon (like a fire stone for example). Can this be done? You could try copying the Item ata of Firestone and replace Soft-Sand's with it.
Then just change the name. That would be the easiest way.

can anyone give me a link to a list of attacks in hex (for fire red)... i need them to change gym leader's pokemon. 0000. Nothing
0100. KARATE CHOP
0200. DOUBLESLAP
0300. COMET PUNCH
0400. MEGA PUNCH
0500. PAY DAY
0600. FIRE PUNCH
0700. ICE PUNCH
0800. THUNDERPUNCH
0900. SCRATCH
0A00. VICEGRIP
0B00. GUILLOTINE
0C00. RAZOR WIND
0D00. SWORDS DANCE
0E00. CUT
0F00. GUST
1000. WING ATTACK
1100. WHIRLWIND
1200. FLY
1300. BIND
1400. SLAM
1500. VINE WHIP
1600. STOMP
1700. DOUBLE KICK
1800. MEGA KICK
1900. JUMP KICK
1A00. ROLLING KICK
1B00. SAND-ATTACK
1C00. HEADBUTT
1D00. HORN ATTACK
1E00. FURY ATTACK
1F00. HORN DRILL
2000. TACKLE
2100. BODY SLAM
2200. WRAP
2300. TAKE DOWN
2400. THRASH
2500. DOUBLE-EDGE
2600. TAIL WHIP
2700. POISON STING
2800. TWINEEDLE
2900. PIN MISSILE
2A00. LEER
2B00. BITE
2C00. GROWL
2D00. ROAR
2E00. SING
2F00. SUPERSONIC
3000. SONICBOOM
3100. DISABLE
3200. ACID
3300. EMBER
3400. FLAMETHROWER
3500. MIST
3600. WATER GUN
3700. HYDRO PUMP
3800. SURF
3900. ICE BEAM
3A00. BLIZZARD
3B00. PSYBEAM
3C00. BUBBLEBEAM
3D00. AURORA BEAM
3E00. HYPER BEAM
3F00. PECK
4000. DRILL PECK
4100. SUBMISSION
4200. LOW KICK
4300. COUNTER
4400. SEISMIC TOSS
4500. STRENGTH
4600. ABSORB
4700. MEGA DRAIN
4800. LEECH SEED
4900. GROWTH
4A00. RAZOR LEAF
4B00. SOLARBEAM
4C00. POISONPOWDER
4D00. STUN SPORE
4E00. SLEEP POWDER
4F00. PETAL DANCE
5000. STRING SHOT
5100. DRAGON RAGE
5200. FIRE SPIN
5300. THUNDERSHOCK
5400. THUNDERBOLT
5500. THUNDER WAVE
5600. THUNDER
5700. ROCK THROW
5800. EARTHQUAKE
5900. FISSURE
5A00. DIG
5B00. TOXIC
5C00. CONFUSION
5D00. PSYCHIC
5E00. HYPNOSIS
5F00. MEDITATE
6000. AGILITY
6100. QUICK ATTACK
6200. RAGE
6300. TELEPORT
6400. NIGHT SHADE
6500. MIMIC
6600. SCREECH
6700. DOUBLE TEAM
6800. RECOVER
6900. HARDEN
6A00. MINIMIZE
6B00. SMOKESCREEN
6C00. CONFUSE RAY
6D00. WITHDRAW
6E00. DEFENSE CURL
6F00. BARRIER
7000. LIGHT SCREEN
7100. HAZE
7200. REFLECT
7300. FOCUS ENERGY
7400. BIDE
7500. METRONOME
7600. MIRROR MOVE
7700. SELFDESTRUCT
7800. EGG BOMB
7900. LICK
7A00. SMOG
7B00. SLUDGE
7C00. BONE CLUB
7D00. FIRE BLAST
7E00. WATERFALL
7F00. CLAMP
8000. SWIFT
8100. SKULL BASH
8200. SPIKE CANNON
8300. CONSTRICT
8400. AMNESIA
8500. KINESIS
8600. SOFTBOILED
8700. HI JUMP KICK
8800. GLARE
8900. DREAM EATER
8A00. POISON GAS
8B00. BARRAGE
8C00. LEECH LIFE
8D00. LOVELY KISS
8E00. SKY ATTACK
8F00. TRANSFORM
9000. BUBBLE
9100. DIZZY PUNCH
9200. SPORE
9300. FLASH
9400. PSYWAVE
9500. SPLASH
9600. ACID ARMOR
9700. CRABHAMMER
9800. EXPLOSION
9900. FURY SWIPES
9A00. BONEMERANG
9B00. REST
9C00. ROCK SLIDE
9D00. HYPER FANG
9E00. SHARPEN
9F00. CONVERSION
A000. TRI ATTACK
A100. SUPER FANG
A200. SLASH
A300. SUBSTITUTE
A400. STRUGGLE
A500. SKETCH
A600. TRIPLE KICK
A700. THIEF
A800. SPIDER WEB
A900. MIND READER
AA00. NIGHTMARE
AB00. FLAME WHEEL
AC00. SNORE
AD00. CURSE
AE00. FLAIL
AF00. CONVERSION 2
B000. AEROBLAST
B100. COTTON SPORE
B200. REVERSAL
B300. SPITE
B400. POWDER SNOW
B500. PROTECT
B600. MACH PUNCH
B700. SCARY FACE
B800. FAINT ATTACK
B900. SWEET KISS
BA00. BELLY DRUM
BB00. SLUDGE BOMB
BC00. MUD-SLAP
BD00. OCTAZOOKA
BE00. SPIKES
BF00. ZAP CANNON
C000. FORESIGHT
C100. DESTINY BOND
C200. PERISH SONG
C300. ICY WIND
C400. DETECT
C500. BONE RUSH
C600. LOCK-ON
C700. OUTRAGE
C800. SANDSTORM
C900. GIGA DRAIN
CA00. ENDURE
CB00. CHARM
CC00. ROLLOUT
CD00. FALSE SWIPE
CE00. SWAGGER
CF00. MILK DRINK
D000. SPARK
D100. FURY CUTTER
D200. STEEL WING
D300. MEAN LOOK
D400. ATTRACT
D500. SLEEP TALK
D600. HEAL BELL
D700. RETURN
D800. PRESENT
D900. FRUSTRATION
DA00. SAFEGUARD
DB00. PAIN SPLIT
DC00. SACRED FIRE
DD00. MAGNITUDE
DE00. DYNAMICPUNCH
DF00. MEGAHORN
E000. DRAGONBREATH
E100. BATON PASS
E200. ENCORE
E300. PURSUIT
E400. RAPID SPIN
E500. SWEET SCENT
E600. IRON TAIL
E700. METAL CLAW
E800. VITAL THROW
E900. MORNING SUN
EA00. SYNTHESIS
EB00. MOONLIGHT
EC00. HIDDEN POWER
ED00. CROSS CHOP
EE00. TWISTER
EF00. RAIN DANCE
F000. SUNNY DAY
F100. CRUNCH
F200. MIRROR COAT
F300. PSYCH UP
F400. EXTREMESPEED
F500. ANCIENTPOWER
F600. SHADOW BALL
F700. FUTURE SIGHT
F800. ROCK SMASH
F900. WHIRLPOOL
FA00. BEAT UP
FB00. FAKE OUT
FC00. UPROAR
FD00. STOCKPILE
FE00. SPIT UP
FF00. SWALLOW
0001. HEAT WAVE
0101. HAIL
0201. TORMENT
0301. FLATTER
0401. WILL-O-WISP
0501. MEMENTO
0601. FACADE
0701. FOCUS PUNCH
0801. SMELLINGSALT
0901. FOLLOW ME
0A01. NATURE POWER
0B01. CHARGE
0C01. TAUNT
0D01. HELPING HAND
0E01. TRICK
0F01. ROLE PLAY
1001. WISH
1101. ASSIST
1201. INGRAIN
1301. SUPERPOWER
1401. MAGIC COAT
1501. RECYCLE
1601. REVENGE
1701. BRICK BREAK
1801. YAWN
1901. KNOCK OFF
1A01. ENDEAVOR
1B01. ERUPTION
1C01. SKILL SWAP
1D01. IMPRISON
1E01. REFRESH
1F01. GRUDGE
2001. SNATCH
2101. SECRET POWER
2201. DIVE
2301. ARM THRUST
2401. CAMOUFLAGE
2501. TAIL GLOW
2601. LUSTER PURGE
2701. MIST BALL
2801. FEATHERDANCE
2901. TEETER DANCE
2A01. BLAZE KICK
2B01. MUD SPORT
2C01. ICE BALL
2D01. NEEDLE ARM
2E01. SLACK OFF
2F01. HYPER VOICE
3001. POISON FANG
3101. CRUSH CLAW
3201. BLAST BURN
3301. HYDRO CANNON
3401. METEOR MASH
3501. ASTONISH
3601. WEATHER BALL
3701. AROMATHERAPY
3801. FAKE TEARS
3901. AIR CUTTER
3A01. OVERHEAT
3B01. ODOR SLEUTH
3C01. ROCK TOMB
3D01. SILVER WIND
3E01. METAL SOUND
3F01. GRASSWHISTLE
4001. TICKLE
4101. COSMIC POWER
4201. WATER SPOUT
4301. SIGNAL BEAM
4401. SHADOW PUNCH
4501. EXTRASENSORY
4601. SKY UPPERCUT
4701. SAND TOMB
4801. SHEER COLD
4901. MUDDY WATER
4A01. BULLET SEED
4B01. AERIAL ACE
4C01. ICICLE SPEAR
4D01. IRON DEFENSE
4E01. BLOCK
4F01. HOWL
5001. DRAGON CLAW
5101. FRENZY PLANT
5201. BULK UP
5301. BOUNCE
5401. MUD SHOT
5501. POISON TAIL
5601. COVET
5701. VOLT TACKLE
5801. MAGICAL LEAF
5901. WATER SPORT
5A01. CALM MIND
5B01. LEAF BLADE
5C01. DRAGON DANCE
5D01. ROCK BLAST
5E01. SHOCK WAVE
5F01. WATER PULSE
6001. DOOM DESIRE
6101. PSYCHO BOOST

Does anyone know how to script/create timed events?

ie. When it's 6:00 in the internal clock a certain event is activated.

Thanks in advance ;D If you know what Variable the time is stored, then it would be possible by comparing it to a value, and if it's true, the Event will be executed.

FR Questions

1. when i open pet, i can't seem to find BIKE GOON. I want to edit the levels of his poke.

2. How can i edit the levels of the PKMN that Oak gives you and Gary? You originally start at lvl. 5, I want to turn that to 25. How can i change it?

3. When I open the Title Screen "Charizard, no matter how many times i press + and - charizard is all split up in different pieces.

4. I see what you mean in a way but not.
Item Script
Give Pokémon Script:
Wild Battle Script:
[Pokémon Number][Level][00254301]

The item no., poke no, I get and the amount, level too, but what I don't get is what [00254301], [B6],0000000000000000, and the rest of the big numbers. What are those representing? Do I need to change them or do I leave them alone? I'm confused! *Pained Smile*

5. The pallete for the boy and girl in FR, is all messed up. It doesn't look at all like how it does when I go through the Oak intro and you select boy and girl. What is the pallete offset?

6. what are flags that haven't been used yet? 1. His number is 20F. YOu can easily find Trainers by the internal search function of PET.

2. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61529

3. Your point is? Make a RAW dump, open it in Tile-Molester and adjust the view so you can edit it.
Alternatively, you could use Mewthree's or Shaneypoo17's tutorials for titlescreen editing using Cyclone as a help.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60373
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257
(Though they're for R/S/E, they should work for FR/LG too.)

4. You just change the things that have a name, like "Item no.", the rest has to be inserted as is.

does anyone know how to rearrange the tile's in FR title screen you know move the charizard ?

oh and also using hex how do you change the map titles like say pallet town to whatever?

any help would be cool thanks! If you mean editing the title screen, these Tutorials might help you.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60373
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257
(Though they're for R/S/E, they should work for FR/LG too.)

You don't really want to edit maps with a Hex-Editor, trust me.
Advance-Map and Elite-Map are doing a good job helping you on that.

1. can you somehow enter more overworld characters in ruby (it would really help me but i already know if it is possible it is with hex :( but still i know it then :)) If they are stored within a pointer table to the sprites, than yes.
You could just add a new pointer for your new Overworld. (You might need to repoint the list if there is no space left.)

Thanks for the script scizz, but it's still not doing it right when i plug in the info.
Could you please make me a script that checks to see if you have 1 pokeball in your bag? Please? I would appreciate it a whole lot!
Thanks in advanced #autobank on

#org 0x800000
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
'check item script
#raw 47
#raw 4 'item
#raw 0 'item
#raw 1 'quantity
#raw 0 'quantity
'attention: items have 2 bytes, so does the quantity
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 jump 0x800150
msgbox 0x800300
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x800150
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org 0x800200
= Now let's see if you have\nthat Item...

#org 0x800300
= Yup, you have the Item.

#org 0x800400
= Nope, you don't have the Item. This should work.

ok a simple question... when I open the dexter tool it says:

"ROM supported, but Pokedex base is unspecified."

How do I make the Pokedex base specified? You open a supported rom in your Hex-Editor, copy a few bytes from the offset, search those bytes in your unsupported ROM, and when you find them, you write down the offset in your Pokeroms.ini file.

how do i make the hacks i downloaded work? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315
Point: How to apply an IPS-Patch

I need to know how to change the characters in the part where you tell oak your name in fire red, you know, your character, your rival, and oaks picture. I just need to know what tool to use and where to get it. Thanks in advance As they are uncompressed, you need Tile Layer Pro, or Tile-Molester. (Any other Tile editor will work too.)
You can find links to them here. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20223)

How do I insert script? I can't find Diamond Cutter
anywhere. You don't need Diamond Cutter. Insert your script in ScriptED's textbox, click on "Compile", select your ROM (make sure the path is free of spaces) and you're done.

[B]I have been a member at this community for a long time now and I have rarely asked any questions but now I have one!!!
I am mainly a G/S hacker and recently I have branched into R/S/E/FR/LG hacking (You may have noticed my Gold Remake hack ;) ) But now that I am starting to script certain events I notice that rubikon requires flags for some elements of the script. Can someone explain what flags are and how they are calculated? And perhaps explain how to use them to make pokemon overworlds disappear after fighting them (e.g Moltres in FR) and making events such as triggers cancel out after the script has executed?

Many Thanks,
Amnesia This (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1824174&postcount=3) post might help you.
You can not calculate Flags.
They are unique identifiers in the game.

To de/activate triggers, you need to re-set their attribute.
Let's say a trigger has "4060" as the "Check" attribute in Elitemap, then you can change that attribute with the setvar command.
Example:
setvar 0x4060 0x3 That will deactivate a trigger.

amnesiahacker
February 27th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks Scizz I owe you one!

Spazzup
February 27th, 2006, 12:55 PM
If you know what Variable the time is stored, then it would be possible by comparing it to a value, and if it's true, the Event will be executed.
Thanks. ^-^

Don't know how I'd go about finding the variable though :P

Haunter Master
February 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM
ok now it says "supported rom,but font graphics offset unspecified"
how do i specify it

Hiidoran
February 27th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Umm....thats the same thing, I don't know how to plug pokeball into that script, I was actually hoping someone would give me the script with everything ready to go. You know, ready to be used in script ed or diamond cutter.

Pazuzu
February 27th, 2006, 01:17 PM
ok now it says "supported rom,but font graphics offset unspecified"
how do i specify it ...open a supported rom in your Hex-Editor, go to the supported offset, copy a few bytes, search them in the unsupported rom, write down the offset you find them at into the Pokeroms.ini, done.

Umm....thats the same thing, I don't know how to plug pokeball into that script, I was actually hoping someone would give me the script with everything ready to go. You know, ready to be used in script ed or diamond cutter. The script is ready to go!
Just compile it with ScriptED or Diamond Cutter, add the script offset to an event and you're done.
You have to insert the item and amount at where I added the notes!
I changed it for you in the above script already, so if you want any changes, like Item or quantity, just modify the values.

Haunter Master
February 27th, 2006, 01:50 PM
thanx im good on that but now when i use advance text i freezez after i make new text and it messes my rom up when it gets to the part i tried to edit

Eversoquiet
February 27th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Dumb questioning time ^^':
1) How can i open the rooms on Map editor, Advance-Mart and stuff???
2) Where can i download pokemon ROMS???

Hiidoran
February 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks scizz, I'm sorry I was acting like a N00b. It's working now and I sure do appreciate this!

RicePigeonKKM
February 27th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Okay, how exactly do I go about compiling a rubikon script into a rom with Rubikon? Each time I try to run rkc.exe, it just loads then finishes and then closes without doing anything.

Martin Yiu
February 27th, 2006, 10:18 PM
First, this on my comp dont works on give pokemon code.
Second, here it is.
Open ScriptEd, which comes with Elitemap,open also your script in Notepad,
copy your code, then paste it into ScriptEd, click Compile button,select your rom and little while later a rkclog.txt will show up and there might be some text "translated to its language". Next open map editor (recommend ADVANCEMAP, it can change events easier), look for your "victim" and to the script box (behind dollar symbol in advancemap,or behind &H in elitemap) of the person insert starting offset for your script.Now run your ROM in emulator and try to speak or do something with your victim of script. Hope it will change as you want. But, MAKE A COPY, i didn't and I am starting my hack again. If you know about good give pokemon script and working free offset (as starting) in Sapphire, please PM me!

charimon
February 28th, 2006, 02:28 AM
when i want to compile this one:
#org 0x1670B4
message 0x1670D0
boxset 0x4end
#org 0x1670D0
= Do you want a charmander?
checkflag 0x1670B4 if 0 0x800200
setflag 0x1670B4
givepokemon 0x04 0x05 0x00
(dont even now if it's correct) it says runtime error tye mismatch
is the tekst wrong, do I mis a file
I know the rom is okay because i just did 1 before this one
#org 0x800000
message 0x800100
boxset 0x02
end
#org 0x800100
= VENA!VENASAUR!

Martin Yiu
February 28th, 2006, 04:04 AM
checkflag can have only 3 digits.

MissingNo. Hunter Jake
February 28th, 2006, 05:25 AM
i dont know if im in the right thread but, when i download a romhack, my vba wont play it, can somebody explain why this happens?

EDIT:when i open my vba, it doesnt show the file of the game when i open its folder, in other words, its not a gba file

h4Ck3R
February 28th, 2006, 09:58 AM
'-----------------------
#org 0x1655F9
jingle
setvar 0x4001 0x1
goto 0x8165605
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x165605
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x2
special 0x174
#raw 0xC7
nop
pause 0x1E
playsound 0x12E
nop
#raw 0x67
#raw 0x2C
#raw 0xD7
#raw 0x17
jumpstd 0x66
pause 0x55
#raw 0x68
applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x81A75ED
pause 0x0
#raw 0x2F
copybyte 0xFF4F00 0xDB
#raw 0x75
copyvarifnotzero 0x5108 0x0
pause 0x1E
#raw 0x55
return

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#raw 2D 'Down4
#raw FE 'Exit

this is the code from fire red when you try to leave pallet town for the first time. could someone plz explain what everything is in it? i want to make a script to make a pikachu follow you but i dont understand this barely. ty

Dark_E
February 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM
when i want to compile this one:
#org 0x1670B4
message 0x1670D0
boxset 0x4end
#org 0x1670D0
= Do you want a charmander?
checkflag 0x1670B4 if 0 0x800200
setflag 0x1670B4

*sigh* -_-

#org 0x1670B4
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x800200
message 0x1670D0
boxset 0x04
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x800
end

charimon
February 28th, 2006, 11:28 AM
thanks Dark E I'm a real noob in scripting so ....

Eversoquiet
February 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Can someone teach me the basics of scripting??

RicePigeonKKM
February 28th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Can someone give me a script/tutorial on how to implement a move tutor like in Fr/Lg/E? For Curse, preferably.