PDA

View Full Version : My Near Death Experience

Kyosuke
March 20th, 2004, 10:54 AM
This is not a sob story that I made up, which people may have thought, I'm just sharing a scary experience that I went through on Wedesday night.

It all started when it was about 1:30 AM at night, and I decided to get the newspaper (never again), and when I got to the newspaper booth thing (thats about 30 seconds away from my house), a white, and a dark green car pulled up out of no where and gun shots were fired, I was shot in my left arm, in deep agonizing pain, enough to make even the toughest person cry out in pain. Which I was doing too, luckily my french teacher (who lives across the street) saw what had happened through her window and rushed to help me, and by that time the 2 cars had already gone and I was starting to loose alot of blood. By that time 2 other people who lives on my street heard the shots being fired and came to see if I was alright and one called 911 on his cellphone, the other person notified my parents and they seems hysterical on what I would be doing leaving the house so late, and saying how it could have been worse. The Ambulance finally came after about 3 minutes that felt like an eternity and got me on the stretcher and brought me to the nearest hospital (Mount Sinai Hospital), and docters did some tests on me,removed the bullet, stitiched me up, it felt like I've been pricked with needle dosens of time while there. And it was decided that I should definatly spend the night there and I would be able to go home in the morning which I did, as for those guys, they weren't caught yet but it will be a matter of time. And if that bullet went into my wrist and damaged my pulse, I proberly woundn't be living.

That story is 100% real, and my left arm right now is very sore after all of that, but the good thing is that I'm alive.

But the thing that boggles my mind is why those two cars pulled up suddenly...

Pokemaster10000
March 20th, 2004, 11:08 AM
OHH! I'm soooo sorry about what happened.
That was such a scary story.
Btw, I'm just curious but how does it feel like getting shot. It looks painfull but I never experienced it...luckily.

Teara
March 20th, 2004, 11:15 AM
*wide eyed*
0.0 geez, that would horrible! Glad your okay! I waz zhot at once, luckly it mizzed though. I can imagine that really hurt;_; Get better zoon^_^

oni flygon
March 20th, 2004, 11:17 AM
that's very horrible! It's a good thing you survived! I'd really freak out if that happened to me... O.o

*~Ashley~*
March 20th, 2004, 11:18 AM
That's terrible! It's a good thing you're ok now though. Wow... that's really scary...

Pokemaster10000
March 20th, 2004, 11:24 AM
To tell you the truth, I really never saw a gun in my life except in the movies or games. Feel better soon, LiquidThunder. ;)

Kairi
March 20th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Ahh...I'm always scared of something like that. ;_; That sounds mortifying to me. Get some rest of course, and we're all very glad you're still alive.
You know you could just read the newspaper online from now on. ._.; In fact I'd probably never leave my house (not that I do often...) after something like that. You be careful and with that arm too. ;_;

^^NICK^^ v.2.0
March 20th, 2004, 11:37 AM
That's like an action movie, LOL, although it's not funny. Maybe they should make a movie about it on ABC. Was it in the news?

Kyosuke
March 20th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone for you comments, I've been in bed all day yesterday, and mostly the day before that, I just hope that this pain will go away soon...

Imakuni?
March 20th, 2004, 12:14 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! thatz horribizzle! it remindes me of that time i was stalked at my school park 2 blocks away from my school... eeeeeee!

Blaine
March 20th, 2004, 12:48 PM
That is truly horrific. I thank God you are alright. Please, rest and heal. And also, feel better soon. ^_^

Greed
March 20th, 2004, 01:00 PM
At least you're okay, sorry about that. Never happened to me before, hope you get better. Gee, I'll pray so that nothing like that happens again. Stupid people these days..

Kayleigh
March 20th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Ah, whoa, that must have been so scary! I'm really glad that you're okay now, though. I can't imagine being shot at... I wonder why those jerks did that. Idiots. I hope the police catch them soon.

Hikaru's Twin
March 20th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Oh my, that sounds horrible! I'm glad that you're doing pretty much ok now. I just pray that you'll never have to go through another experience like that again! *hugs* I really hope those idiots get caught....

Chairman Kaga
March 20th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I just don't understand how someone can get it in their mind to just go out cruising looking to shoot the first person they see...I hope that you recover fully and that justice can be brought to these idiots...I'm sorry you had to undeservingly go through such a traumatic experience.

Regards,
Chairman Kaga

PGN
March 20th, 2004, 03:23 PM
O_O OMG! that's horrid! get better soon!

Flaming Torchic
March 20th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Wow, that must have been really freaky o_O; I have never even come close to getting shot, but once these guys were stalking me and my friends, so we just ran like there was no tomorrow and eventually they stopped following us. It was freaking me out, but we got away.

Miyu-chan
March 20th, 2004, 04:03 PM
OMG... Thank god that you're okay. (I don't know what I'll do if...) That sure is a horryfiying experience... *is at a loss for words*

BlastBurn
March 20th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Wow I cant beleive someone just decided to shoot you.........if they ever catch the people you should sue them. How much does it hurt? I know it hurts a lot but what does it feel like? I hope you get better soon I feel sorry for you.

Shining Arcanine
March 20th, 2004, 04:20 PM
This is not a sob story that I made up, which people may have thought, I'm just sharing a scary experience that I went through on Wedesday night.

It all started when it was about 1:30 AM at night, and I decided to get the newspaper (never again), and when I got to the newspaper booth thing (thats about 30 seconds away from my house), a white, and a dark green car pulled up out of no where and gun shots were fired, I was shot in my left arm, in deep agonizing pain, enough to make even the toughest person cry out in pain. Which I was doing too, luckily my french teacher (who lives across the street) saw what had happened through her window and rushed to help me, and by that time the 2 cars had already gone and I was starting to loose alot of blood. By that time 2 other people who lives on my street heard the shots being fired and came to see if I was alright and one called 911 on his cellphone, the other person notified my parents and they seems hysterical on what I would be doing leaving the house so late, and saying how it could have been worse. The Ambulance finally came after about 3 minutes that felt like an eternity and got me on the stretcher and brought me to the nearest hospital (Mount Sinai Hospital), and docters did some tests on me,removed the bullet, stitiched me up, it felt like I've been pricked with needle dosens of time while there. And it was decided that I should definatly spend the night there and I would be able to go home in the morning which I did, as for those guys, they weren't caught yet but it will be a matter of time. And if that bullet went into my wrist and damaged my pulse, I proberly woundn't be living.

That story is 100% real, and my left arm right now is very sore after all of that, but the good thing is that I'm alive.

But the thing that boggles my mind is why those two cars pulled up suddenly...

Sounds like two gangs had a fight and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Think of this as a lesser form of terrorism.

Anyway, it is good to hear you are ok. It is a good thing that your neighborhood is alert.

Haruka
March 20th, 2004, 04:33 PM
I feel sorry that you have to be in it. Atleast you are okay and still living.

~ Alyssa Picariello

Dizzy
March 20th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Omg I am so sorry.. I have had lots of Near Death experiences also. But I'm glad your okay.. :) feel better soon.

Latios Master
March 20th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Wow, I sure hope you will get better. I've never been shot at but I know that it would really hurt. I hope those idiots who shot you are caught and thrown in prison. I'll be praying for you, LiquidThunder.

Rift
March 20th, 2004, 07:02 PM
O_O OMG!!!!!!!! shhesh! what psychos!! why in the heck would someone do that!!! it may have been some idiot who dont like you or something...but get better soon LiquidThunder...never again will i get newspapers!!! XD

HIM
March 20th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Do u live in da 'hood, foo? XD. I do a good 'Gangsta' imitation, foo. Plus, why were u gonna get the paper at 1:30 in the morning???????!!!!!!!

Cosmo
March 20th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Oh dear lord! That really sucks. Those guys really need to go to prison definatly. I hope that you will get better.

Scyther5
March 20th, 2004, 08:53 PM
WOW, I wonder who wanted to kill you, maybe they thought you where some one else.

Ms Ketchum
March 20th, 2004, 09:37 PM
I'm so sorry about that! It must of hurt so bad!!! ;_; *hugs* Feel better!

I wish I could find those creeps and shoot THEM. Then theyde see how bad they hurt you.

Kyosuke
March 22nd, 2004, 05:39 PM
Thank you everyone most appreciated for the comments ^^.

But to make situations worse, over all the time I was in bed I wasn't eating little to no solid food, and my blood sugar got tested and it was 3.9 which is fairly low. And the effect that it had on me is a very sore throat, horrible voice very difficult time sleeping, thoat being full of suliva and mucus, and a flu. I had to miss school today to go to the docter, and right now I'm on antibiotics (which is basically pills)...... I'm not not enjoying my life one bit right now...

DragonTrainer
March 22nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Dang, that is so messed up. Must have been like a gang fight or something, or those two guys were just plain idiots. Hope you feel better soon

~DragonTrainer:dragonite

Kairi
March 22nd, 2004, 06:27 PM
Ahh...LT that's awful. ._.; It'll get better though, we could all...umm make you feel better! By singing! *has stuff thrown at her* Or I could cook you something
*LT faints from the awfulness of my cooking*

That's not going to go well with the medicine. ._.;;;;
Get well soon. ^_^

Timbjerr
March 22nd, 2004, 07:29 PM
Oh dear lord! That really sucks. Those guys really need to go to prison definatly. I hope that you will get better.
prison? Hah! I know the justice system in America too well from stories of people at my school getting arrested. Here, someone will probably pay a fine of about $200 and around 50 hours of community service. But that's just America...Canada may be different.

Anyways...near-death experiences are bad. Something like that can affect you for the worse both physically and mentally (as demonstraded through your last couple of posts). I had a near-death experience myself when I was three (or four...I have the memory of it somehow...). I was at the beach with my family when I decided to see how far out I can go, and if it wasn't for my aunt, I would've been drowned. Things like that can make you rethink what life is all about.

Flygon trainer
March 23rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
:_:... get better soon... I really feel bad...I was nearly kidnapped last year just off of school ground... but my good friend scott beat him up, and my dog nearly broke his leg... definatly my best friends..always there for me..

Rift
March 23rd, 2004, 09:26 PM
i had a "lovely" near death expierience as well...ya see i was at a family reunion i was like 8 and me and my cousin were playing in a near by river and he said "Hey lets see how far we can go down those rapids" and i said "are you coming too?" and he said "Ya we'll let go at the same time" and me being really gullible did it, went down about 50 feet of rapids hit my head on a few rocks (explains a few things huh? XD) drank a few mouthfuls of lovely river water XD and washed up on a rock where some cousin i dont even know saved my life by picking me up before i was washed away, the next thing i know im laying down in my grandparents RV with a cold washcloth on my head, my aunt said i cant go to sleep (im guessing if i did i wouldnt be talking to any of ya right now) and thats about all that i remember, i was a little better the next day (thank god!)

Ms Ketchum
March 23rd, 2004, 09:36 PM
I had meningitis when I was 2...I can still remember being in the hospital, always attatched to an IV........I went into a coma for 7 days, and my parents cried they were so happy when I woke up.... Heh, my dad used to always tell me that when I woke up I said "Where's Tigger?"

And before I knew how to swim there were a couple times where I got stupid and just wandered out into the deep end of pools... My mom always had to come and pull me up to the surface XD And yet I still love swimming...

Rift
March 23rd, 2004, 09:42 PM
im surprised i dont have a phobia of water since then, i almost drowned in the ocean too...i need to stay away from water *is afraid to drink*

Tweak
March 23rd, 2004, 11:18 PM
wow...those stupid people, don't they have anything else to do besides randomly shoot people they don't know. =-=; i hope they catch them. that sounds so scary. i'd probably pass out if i were shot. i hate needles...and since u said it felt like..."a lot" of needles. erk! so freakish.

Timbjerr
March 24th, 2004, 06:53 PM
i had a "lovely" near death expierience as well...ya see i was at a family reunion i was like 8 and me and my cousin were playing in a near by river and he said "Hey lets see how far we can go down those rapids" and i said "are you coming too?" and he said "Ya we'll let go at the same time" and me being really gullible did it, went down about 50 feet of rapids hit my head on a few rocks (explains a few things huh? XD) drank a few mouthfuls of lovely river water XD and washed up on a rock where some cousin i dont even know saved my life by picking me up before i was washed away, the next thing i know im laying down in my grandparents RV with a cold washcloth on my head, my aunt said i cant go to sleep (im guessing if i did i wouldnt be talking to any of ya right now) and thats about all that i remember, i was a little better the next day (thank god!)
actually, I was told if you go to sleep with a head injury, you may slip into a coma. My mom told me the same thing when I bumped my head hard on my headboard after falling while jumpng on the bed >.<

ChoasTheory
March 26th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Eh, if you got shot in the arm the cops are obligated to tell you what the hec was going on. Anyway I have 1 to but it wasnt so painful becuase I was in a coma XD.

Well I was on the roof of my house throwing rotton plums at the nieghbors XD and then 1 smacked this guys right in the back of his noggin XD. After that he turned around and I ran around to get off the roof and I stepped on the plastic skylight and fell through into the shed :'(. After that I dont remember anything until about 2 days later they said I was awake and my dad walked my to the car and took me to the hospital but I dont remember XD. I didnt have any pain though besides that darned I.V. needle thing annoying my wrist XD.

digi-kun
March 26th, 2004, 09:07 PM
ouch LT...thats gotta hurt...at least the cars didn't hit you first...ever gotten hit by a car going 30-40 mph and survived...and i was still 5...dang my dad was mad at me...get well soon ^_^

Rift
March 26th, 2004, 09:13 PM
actually, I was told if you go to sleep with a head injury, you may slip into a coma. My mom told me the same thing when I bumped my head hard on my headboard after falling while jumpng on the bed >.<
hmm...i shoulda went to sleep XD j/k funny thing is, whenever i go to a reunion i always get hurt >_<;; once i was in a boxing fight with another cousin (for fun) i beat him, then he came at me and started swinging sticks at me (sore loser XD) but i ended up beating him up in i guess a wrestling match XD

Kairi
March 26th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Ahh...that's bad, but you have to sleep something right? Or...you could stay up and play video games! XP
I've never cared for jumping on my bed. Maybe because I almost touch the ceiling when I stand on my bed. ._.;

Kyosuke
March 27th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Ahh...LT that's awful. ._.; It'll get better though, we could all...umm make you feel better! By singing! *has stuff thrown at her* Or I could cook you something
*LT faints from the awfulness of my cooking*

That's not going to go well with the medicine. ._.;;;;
Get well soon. ^_^

Don't worry Kairi your cooking isn't that bad ^^;.

Right now I've almost recovered from my sickness, although I'm still on medication and feeling the side effects such as nausea, and a upset stomach. I've even regained some feeling in my left arm enough for me to play videogames properly (epecially Pokemon Colosseum XP), but right now I'm feeling ok except the fact that I am feeling the constant side effects from the medication.

Kairi
March 27th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Lol, as long as you can game, it's good. Glad to hear you're feeling better! ^_^

Pokemaster10000
March 27th, 2004, 07:00 PM
I had a near death experience.
Once I was going home from school and a car came out of no where and surprised me because it was beeping loudly.I turned around and saw that the car was gonna hit me so I just jumped up and and toppled over the roof and feel down again. Luckily my bookbag was there to save me. It was so scary. If it weren't for those car stunts I see from Jackie Chan....

ScArLetSkye
March 27th, 2004, 07:10 PM
OMG!That's just plain FREAKY!Scary, really.I'd be terrified!I'm glad that you didn't get too injured. ;_; :paranoid:

Luigi-San
March 27th, 2004, 07:46 PM
I thought it was against the law to assault a PC Member! XD

Once I was going home from school and a car came out of no where and surprised me because it was beeping loudly.I turned around and saw that the car was gonna hit me so I just jumped up and and toppled over the roof and feel down again. Luckily my bookbag was there to save me. It was so scary. If it weren't for those car stunts I see from Jackie Chan....

A Video Never Made: "Jackie Chan's Car Stunts for Kids"

digi-kun
March 27th, 2004, 08:27 PM
i had an accident sort of like this...except i got hit
when i was 5, my dad and i were goin on a bike ride...i figured we were on the wrong side of the road...so i cross the street...right when i'm about 2 get to theother side a car coming at 30-40 mph hit me...i didn't see it coming...the driver comes out of the car and apologizes to my dad...strange thing is, i had nothing broken...just 1 or 2 bruises...i think i had a helm on...i dunno...

Timbjerr
March 27th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I swear...people have tried to run me over quite a few times before.
Once I was like 7 or 8 walking my dog, and this group of what I now understand to be drunk teenage guys drove their car right on top of the curb I was next to. I like had to run out of the way quickly. They gave me nasty jeers as they drove off too...

bna_li
March 27th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Lucky me... I have never been shot at, mugged, kidnapped, or run over... the crime rate in Shanghai and Singapore are so little. But to quote them: LOW crime doesnt mean NO crime. Hey, Liquid, get some rest, a'ight?

SwampertLover
March 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM
I used to have Pheunomia (sp?) it got really bad and i had to go to the ER. I almost died

PichuSecretBase
March 31st, 2004, 03:35 AM
AHHH! GUNS! *eyes widen alot* O.O That's terrible! Atleast you are still okay, but Oweeee That musta hurt ;-; :'( I hope you feel better :chu:

HIM
June 27th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Lets get 'em.... *clicks 10mm Uzi's* *hands 2 to LT* *says, "D****t, Your holding it wrong, foo. Sideways..." *Turns Gun* "There you go. Now thats gangsta. *Cheezy Smile* Les go"

oni flygon
June 27th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Lets get 'em.... *clicks 10mm Uzi's* *hands 2 to LT* *says, "D****t, Your holding it wrong, foo. Sideways..." *Turns Gun* "There you go. Now thats gangsta. *Cheezy Smile* Les go"

Hey you! No reviving old threads!

Arcanine
June 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Yes please don't revive old threads that is over a month old.
*Closed*