PDA

View Full Version : Old School Nickelodeon Club

John Denver
January 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Heck yes I just made this club, because Angry Beavers and Rocko's Modern Life still rules!

POST YOU SUCKAS!

Chairman Kaga
January 23rd, 2006, 07:27 PM
I'm here forever, this club can never die

Honestly.....this club sums up my life.

Chibi-chan
January 23rd, 2006, 07:28 PM
I'll join XD
Those shows are why I'm as demented as I am XD

EmeraldSky
January 23rd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Count me in too! I watched Legends of the Hidden Temple religiously back in the day...

I have a collection of Nick eyecatches for you guys to oggle over...

John Denver
January 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
Count me in too! I watched Legends of the Hidden Temple religiously back in the day...

I have a collection of Nick eyecatches for you guys to oggle over...

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about that show

Those warrior guys that popped out when you got a puzzle wrong always scared the hell out of me...

Chibi-chan
January 23rd, 2006, 07:45 PM
Same here o.o
I would have not wanted to go any further if that happened to me XD

Soul Eater
January 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
Does anyone remember the rugrats? XD I swear I saww all the old episodes of that show before Kimi and Dil came in. XD

Chibi-chan
January 23rd, 2006, 08:01 PM
I hate to say it, but I don't like Kimi, Dil, or the grown up ones.
Originals are the BOMB~~
GO REPTAR! XD

Lucid-Acid
January 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
I liked some of the non-cartoons. @@
Are You Afraid of the Dark, Pete and Pete, and the first few seasons of All that~

Rocko's Modern Life!!! ;;

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 24th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Now this is the club for me. I don't watch Nickolodeon anymore because it focuses to much on newer shows. I always liked it when I was young with the shows this club is based off. I know for sure I have seen every episode of Rugrats before Dil. And Rocko was a classic that I loved more than nourishment. The early seasons of All That also made my life complete.

Gosh, I feel so old....

John Denver
January 24th, 2006, 04:45 AM
I remember All That...it was like the little kids SNL

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 24th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Yes, it was. It was a great show, probably one of my favorites from the early Nickelodeon years.

Nickelodeon was the only channel I was actually allowed to watch when I was 4 and 5. My parents always said "Brandon, there are channels that aren't for little boys, and we don't want you to find them so you can only watch channel 45 (Nickelodeon)." I learned so much from Nickelodeon, and I am still reaping from the benefits of years past.

Kay11190
January 24th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Oh I'll join I loved the old Nick and I still get to watch some of the old shows on the Nicktoons and GAS channel.

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 24th, 2006, 05:01 AM
I just don't have time anymore to personally figure my schedule around to catch some of my old favorites. I am willing to, though. Maybe I will do it tomorrow and figure out when all things before 1998 come on.

Chairman Kaga
January 24th, 2006, 08:10 AM
All That, Kenan and Kel, The Amanda Show, and even the obscure Roundhouse all entertained me late in my formative years......they weren't bad kids' programming. Nick used to know how to do live action, but now they're just churning out trash like Drake and Josh...basically the only two kids who survived the massive actor purge that happened when Amanda Bynes suddenly became an adult...

EmeraldSky
January 24th, 2006, 11:21 AM
So who wants to see my eyecatch collection?

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 24th, 2006, 05:13 PM
All That, Kenan and Kel, The Amanda Show, and even the obscure Roundhouse all entertained me late in my formative years......they weren't bad kids' programming. Nick used to know how to do live action, but now they're just churning out trash like Drake and Josh...basically the only two kids who survived the massive actor purge that happened when Amanda Bynes suddenly became an adult...
I forgot about Kenan and Kel. It is one of the ones I wish they would show more, because the humor was so classic.

Orange Soda! <3

Trikip
January 24th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I LOVED the old Nickelodeon shows! Anyone like Hey Arnold? That show ROCKED.

EmeraldSky
January 24th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Presenting a whole montage of Nick eyecatches:

http://www.youtube.com/w/?v=DgStTVTdHfQ

MAR Heaven
January 24th, 2006, 05:42 PM
*cries* ill join because *cries* Who loves orange soda.... I love orange soda I do I do I doo!(no im really crying miss that show so much)

Chairman Kaga
January 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Don't forget ham.....nobody remembers Kel's obsession with pig meats...

Thomas
January 24th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy, Ahh! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Pete and Pete, Clarissa Explains it all. I am an Old School Nick fan for life! I am joining NOW!

All Time Favorite: Original All That cast + Amanda Bynes.

EmeraldSky
January 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
In addition to Legends, i liked pretty much all the game shows, Tiny Toon Adventures, (had a Buster Bunny plushie that got played with pretty hard, he was my fav. character on that show.)

Roxas
January 24th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Old school nick is da shizzle. I remember when Blues Clues had Steve XD All That was awesome. Same with Rugrats. Before that new baby came along Even though I did like the movie XD

Karasuma
January 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'll join, I used to watch Doug, anyone seen Doug? Also Global Guts, i liked that show so much. And Figure it out was so funny and All That! with the old cast like keenan and Kel show.

EmeraldSky
January 24th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I even have a VHS of the Tiny Toons movie-"How I Spent My Summer Vacation"--watching Buster "play" the theme song with his tongue is a scream to watch!

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 25th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Oh I wish I had that...

Somewhere in a drawer in my house in a recording of Snick from like 1997. I will have to find it, watch it, and recollect on old times long past.

EmeraldSky
January 25th, 2006, 05:48 AM
What did you guys think of my eyecatches?

Roxas
January 25th, 2006, 06:35 AM
I'll join, I used to watch Doug, anyone seen Doug? Also Global Guts, i liked that show so much. And Figure it out was so funny and All That! with the old cast like keenan and Kel show.

Doug was awesome. I saw the movie and I even have some old Doug book. *goes to look for it*

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 25th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Doug, wow I miss Doug. I had seen every episode of Doug. I never liked the newer episodes of Doug, it just wasn't the same.

Chairman Kaga
January 25th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I only have one thing to say about Doug...

Chikopahchikopahchikopah-pah

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 25th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry, Kaga, what do you mean? Doug was a great show, but Rugrats was a 10 times better show than Doug.

Karasuma
January 25th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry, Kaga, what do you mean? Doug was a great show, but Rugrats was a 10 times better show than Doug.

Thats the beat they put on doug, the chikopahpahchikochikopahpah..and remember the adventures of quailman?

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 25th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Oh yeah! I can't believe I forgot that. Like I said it has been years since I saw it.

Chairman Kaga
January 25th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Heh.......I was hoping someone would remember that. When it comes to old television shows I have this thing about only talking about the most obscure points that I remember....eh.

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 25th, 2006, 05:39 PM
I remember major points about shows, but when it comes to minor points I can't remember a thing.

John Denver
January 25th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Does anyone remember KA-BLAM!

That one amused me

Desgardes
January 25th, 2006, 08:28 PM
oo! me please!

i remember snick! Well the snippet for it, where it invovled purple lightning or something...

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 26th, 2006, 03:10 AM
KA-BLAM!, hmmm, I can't say I remember that one. I probably do, but the name isn't hitting me as something currently.

Roxas
January 26th, 2006, 06:02 AM
KA-BLAM....Aint that the one with the talking toys? The naked one was hilarious. Same with the scooba(sp?) diver

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 26th, 2006, 06:40 AM
I remember KA-BLAM, now. It was kinda stupid, but very funny. I'd love to see an episode of that again.

Roxas
January 26th, 2006, 08:19 AM
They still give it on Nicktoons.

:o Anyone remember Invader Zim :O That was truely hilarious. Thank god for Nicktoons showing old cartoons...Somtimes.

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 26th, 2006, 09:29 AM
In my opinion, Invader Zim was stupid. Right around the time that came out, I stopped watching Nickelodeon.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
January 26th, 2006, 09:30 AM
hey can i join? i used to wacth loads of nick old school..

Nodroz
January 26th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I'll join. Nickelodeon use to have some really awesome show. Nowadays, they air nothing but crap (Jimmy Neutron, The Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, Spongebob, and Avatar: The Last Airbender, anyone?). BTW, my favorite old school Nick shows are Invader Zim (that cartoon seriously owned), Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life (go Heffer :)), the Rugrats before Dil and Kimi came along, Kenan and Kel, the original All That, Legends of The Hidden Temple, and Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Thomas
January 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Does anyone remember KA-BLAM!

That one amused meOMG I used to watch that all the TIME! That one with the action figures, and then Prometheus and Bob, and Life with Loopy!!!! I loved that show.

Old Skool nick is NOT invader zim. I would say old skool nick stopped at Hey Arnold. Maybe even a show before that.

Chairman Kaga
January 26th, 2006, 07:23 PM
The show on Kablam with the action figures was Action League Now...and the four characters were The Flash, Thunder Girl, Stinky Diver, and Meltman.

Invader Zim is my all-time favorite non-anime cartoon. Nintendo cut it so quickly for being brilliant, but it's not going to be oldschool nick until 2010 or so; it debuted in 2002, I believe.

Thomas
January 26th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Nah it will never be true old skool, that is really only that first 5 years. But I remember watching all the episodes of rugrats, and when all growed up came on I was excited even though I didn't watch nick regularly then.

MegaDitto
January 26th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Invader Zim is my all-time favorite non-anime cartoon. Nintendo cut it so quickly for being brilliant, but it's not going to be oldschool nick until 2010 or so; it debuted in 2002, I believe.
You read my mind on that quote.

*joins*

I wonder if anyone remembers Alex Mack.

Chairman Kaga
January 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Alex Mack is love. It had a good concept for late-90s live action. She could do a surprising amount of things given that her power is just being able to melt into a silver blob.

MegaDitto
January 26th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Alex Mack is love. It had a good concept for late-90s live action. She could do a surprising amount of things given that her power is just being able to melt into a silver blob.
It's better than what we have now.

I wonder what made them change? Really ;;

Chairman Kaga
January 26th, 2006, 07:59 PM
It's better than what we have now.

I wonder what made them change? Really ;;

Far better.

I think they finally realized that if they concentrated on stupid kids and preppy tweens their ratings and revenue would improve, so they completely did away with any standards of quality they may have had.

John Denver
January 31st, 2006, 06:36 AM
I didn't like Doug though...that was one old school club I could do without

Yamato-san
January 31st, 2006, 08:24 AM
I'll join. God, this thread brings back memories. Kablam!, Rocko, Angry Beavers, Ren & Stimpy, oldschool Rugrats, Kenan & Kel, oldschool All That!, etc., oh what a golden age that was. I see some people even remember Roundhouse. My whole life, I barely got many opportunities to see that show, since after it was cancelled, I recall it only aired very occasionally, like one episode airing after the New Year's countdown or after Kid's Choice Awards or something to that effect, never having an actual timeblock like the other late Snick shows managed to get eventually. Speaking of which, that reminds me of another skit show I liked but rarely saw. I really feel old for saying this, but anyone familiar with Welcome Freshmen?

EmeraldSky
January 31st, 2006, 10:39 AM
I remember watching bits and pieces of that while waiting for Legends of the Hidden Temple to come on...

Squeegee Beckenheim
January 31st, 2006, 02:39 PM
Let me think of that show I watched about an alien or something. He was a boy so it wasn't a cartoon. Hmmm, I can't remember unfortunately.

Yamato-san
February 1st, 2006, 12:21 AM
you talkin' about Allen Strange?

Thomas
February 1st, 2006, 07:52 PM
Anyone that has seen Keanan and Kel and Thats So Raven (Disney Channel)...does anyone notice that those houses look EXACTLY the same???

Squeegee Beckenheim
February 6th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Nah, I don't think they do. I think they are pretty different. Now, I haven't watched Kenan and Kel for months, but I still hold to my opinion.

Lucid-Acid
February 6th, 2006, 06:13 AM
I only have one thing to say about Doug...

Chikopahchikopahchikopah-pah
The little background sound effect~ ;p

KA-BLAM! I loved the action figure ones~! Prometheus and Bob was stupid though, I didn't care for that one much. ._.; I remember Allen Strange!! ;O I don't think it lasted many eppisodes though. Alex Mack... the thing I remember most about here is her ability to burp up bubbles in the second season, that and the opening of every episode when she gets the junk dumped on her. XD Legends of the Hidden Temple was my favorite for a long time, I always remember it would come on at like 5am though, Nick used to have allaround good gameshowes, anyone remember Wild and Crazy Kids?

Eliana
February 6th, 2006, 06:39 AM
*jumps around screeching*

ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE. HOLY FLYING MONKEYS. <3 ILY.

Squeegee Beckenheim
February 6th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I remember Wild and Crazy Kid, Paige. I always wished I could be on it, but my parents always said I was too fat ._.

Thomas
February 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM
*jumps around screeching*

ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE. HOLY FLYING MONKEYS. <3 ILY.OMG Remember Hefer from that show? XD He was like raised by the wolf family? Ironic Eh? XD Guys if you want to see the intros to all your favorite old Nick shows go to retrojunk.com.

Hitokiri
February 8th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Oh wow I can't believe someone made this thread! XD

I love the old school nickeloeon shows! Angry Beavers was definately my favorite.

Squeegee Beckenheim
February 8th, 2006, 05:59 AM
OMG Remember Hefer from that show? XD He was like raised by the wolf family? Ironic Eh? XD Guys if you want to see the intros to all your favorite old Nick shows go to retrojunk.com.
I am going to have to check out that site. That will be fun!

Oh wow I can't believe someone made this thread! XD

I love the old school nickeloeon shows! Angry Beavers was definately my favorite.
Yeah, that is what I said when I joined. This is a great club.