PDA

View Full Version : The Art Pallet

Sylphiel
January 27th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Welcome to The Art Pallet, the group for art lovers! ^_^ If you like to draw and/or just enjoy looking at art, then this is exactly the group for it.

Any kind of art, techniques, ideas, or whatever can be discussed here...as long as the discussions stay within PC rules (and GD rules (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60333)), of course.

Member List

Leader
Cowrie

Members
Forest Grovyle
Kura
Signomi
Esupio sono Kamereon
Sawyer
Smarties-kun
saul
Ookami
Hive Mind
Dardanel
Diamond~Star
Lathia
Angel696358
coreystranick
untitledmike
ZephyrPlusle

~

And for anybody who's unsure about how to join a group:

User CP -> Group Memberships (near the bottom left), and all the available groups (including this one) will be listed there.

Signomi
January 27th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Count me in. I love looking at peoples' art, it helps me learn new techniques. I normally stick my style to computerised lineart (or pixel art as they'd call it) but I do occasionally scan a few drawings I get into trouble with doing in my lessons :P So yeah.

Esupio
January 27th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I sent my join request ^^; so I'll wait untill its approved

Sylphiel
January 27th, 2006, 07:38 PM
*edits first post and stuff*

All current requests accepted. ^_^

Anyways...might as well try to get something started right now. So: when making a picture, what's your favorite thing (or things) to use?

Computer paint programs would probably be the top thing on my own list; however, I think I've recently been obtaining a liking for charcoal...

Sawyer
January 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'm in for sure ^^ Any kind of art...? =D

Sylphiel
January 27th, 2006, 09:58 PM
I'm in for sure ^^ Any kind of art...? =D

Yes...any kind as long as it stays within forum rules.

Hello. ^^

Sawyer
January 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Within forum rules... no erotica? xD just kidding :P So, hmm.... you asked what my tool of the trade is? I'll go for some paper and a pencil, an ink pen or a calligraphy pen (I don't do calligraphy, I just love drawing with them), and of course my lovely Photoshop <3

Esupio
January 28th, 2006, 01:34 AM
*edits first post and stuff*

All current requests accepted. ^_^

Anyways...might as well try to get something started right now. So: when making a picture, what's your favorite thing (or things) to use?

Computer paint programs would probably be the top thing on my own list; however, I think I've recently been obtaining a liking for charcoal...
I got a tonne of drawing equipment for christmas, Outlining pens, etc. My mum is also teaching me to do caligraphy ^^

Sawyer
January 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Pens... ink pens are fun <3

Kura
January 28th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I find that Sakura Ink Pens (Microns) are much better than the typical Staedtler ones~
Microns last longer. Also, when going over a lot of pencil parts with Staedtler pens, they stop working ._.;;

So yeah~ the Sakura brand is good <3 I recommend it~

Sawyer
January 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks, Kura, I'll be sure to pick some up next time I go supply-shopping :3

Hive Mind
January 28th, 2006, 07:32 PM
An art group is a cool idea.

I think a true master can use anything. I use anything at my fingertips. One my comp, the one I'm on at the moment, I use Photoshop 5 (old I know), Appleworks 4 (great for pixel art), and Graphic Converter (to make pictures transparent). I use an Optical mouse. I also have a scanner.
On my other computer I use Oekakis, Graphic Converter (transparent pictures again), and Photoshop CS.

Sawyer
January 28th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Ah, finally someone who doesn't use Photoshop CS2! =D I love you *cries* everyone has CS2, and I'm stuck with CS... ;-;

Hive Mind
January 28th, 2006, 07:40 PM
XD I know the feeling. I like to get my photoshop products for free. Anyway, I feel that the extra power isn't needed in most cases. I just wish I has CS on this computer so I can use the smudge tool.

Sylphiel
January 28th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I have Photoshop 5 as well (along with Elements 1.0, but...whatever). Indeed, the skill of the person using the program (or any other kind of media) means a bit more than the actual program itself...the best program in the world won't help anybody if they don't know how to use it. O.o

I love Micron pens. :] I just got some more a few days ago, since I needed them for a project I'm working on...they're definitely a brand of pen I love using. Except when I accidently leave them uncapped and they dry out, but that's entirely my fault there...

Hive Mind
January 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Micron pens hmm? Maybe I should check those out. Right now I'm using Ultra Fine Sharpies. I normaly color with water colors or acrylic. I don't know why, but I love using paint styles. They're just so, blendable. I waiting for my art teacher to come back so I can finish one of my projects. It's my hidden demon project, a demon form of my persona Chriz. My art teacher has been gone for a month atleast. Most of the subsitutes seem to be art impaired. ><

Sawyer
January 28th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Watercolors are good for macabre penart... =D

saul
January 29th, 2006, 10:51 AM
yay! ^^ I'm new to this group... Anyone wanna see my gallery? O.o
http://www.saulito.deviantart.com

Sawyer
January 29th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Welcome, Saul ^^

What do you guys think of my latest piece? http://xs65.xs.to/pics/06040/subterrainian3.png

Forest Grovyle
January 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Hehe, I sent my request as soon as I saw the group had been created...XD

As for what I use, I mainly stick to Oekaki PaintBBS and Photoshop Elements 2.0. I do have PS7 but I don't like it much and only use it for brushes, and I've used Paint Shop Pro in the past. :) I do occasionally hand-draw things, but I don't have much access to scanners and these usually end up either unfinished or unscanned. XD

Am currently working on a tutorial for Oekaki Realism, a picture of all 9 Pokmon starter final forms and I have a couple of oekakis in mind for the future.

--FG

Kura
January 29th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I think I like using Tria Pantone markers most~ (and of course my microns for inking)~
._. I don't really have a good paint-program on my computer~
I have Paint Shop Pro 8, and I find that the colours are a lot duller than Photoshop, Painter, or OC~
o_o I really want OC, I love the way that you can blend colours on that program~ they end up turning so vibrant and not murky at all~
Though, the think I like about PSP8, is that the layout is awesome (everything is laid out right where it's easy to acess)~ and I know what each tool does~

@@ But I really want a better program~

In the meantime, I think I'll stick with colouring in markers~ <3

Sawyer
February 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Argh, I'm awful at oekaki. The only things I can do outside of computer art are... macabre pen/watercolor art and oil painting. xD

Esupio
February 3rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
Pixel Art is my favourite type of art, and my best.

Sprites are types of pixel art so don't think I only do PA

Sawyer
February 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Sprites are okay... I'm not the hugest fan of them. I mean, sure they're art, but it's just always the same thing over and over again. Please check this out. (http://www.deviantart.com/view/28590488/) Macabre penart, just like I mentioned before xD

Crystal Clair
February 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM
May I join? I've been interested in art since probably when I was seven years old. When I was introduced to anime's style (although I didn't know it was Japanese nor called anime, since I was too young), I learned how to express myself more in art. Of course I did self-portraits of myself and photos but anime truly was my revolution.
Ever since I learned how to use the complex programs on the computer, I've expanded my reach and my creativity. I had the ability to make my ideas come to life in full color so I could share them. I've tried so many different styles it's bewildering but through them all, I found styles that suited me and styles that I wanted to try.
I practice with a wide variety of mediums. When I'm on my computer, the programs I excell best in are Microsoft Paint, Paint Shop pro and ShiPainter (although Shipainter I just got used to recently). When I'm out on paper, I use markers, pencils, charcoal, ink, acrylics, watercolors and many other mediums although I'm not interested in oil nor egg paints.
Okay, I think I typed enough.

Sawyer
February 4th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Of course you can join ^^

Sylphiel
February 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Crystal Clair: Sure, you can join here. ^_^ Though to be officially in the group, you need to join in through the group memberships option in your User CP...it's down near the bottom of that page, on the left-hand side.

Sawyer: Interesting sketch...and even though it's not quite my thing, I can't help but think what it would look like if it was worked on a bit more. :P

The anime style was something that inspired me greatly as well when I was younger; I remember all the drawings I did, trying to emulate it...oh man...

Sawyer
February 7th, 2006, 03:41 PM
:P You can call me AC. Everybody calls me AC. xD

Esupio
February 17th, 2006, 05:24 AM
I got photoshop, just I don't have a clue how to use it.
I haven't drawn anything recently. Dunno why

Sawyer
February 17th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Add me on MSN, I can show you some stuff ^^

Esupio
February 19th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Thanks Alot, Your added ^^
I do know how to animate though O.o;

I'm thinking about doing some Mario and Luigi Fanart.

Sawyer
February 19th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Oooh, wow, I like that avatar of yours.

Esupio
February 19th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I didn't make that*shot*
I can animate stuff from like Movie Trailers, its pretty easy

Sawyer
February 19th, 2006, 05:50 PM
What's it from? I'm in love with that guitar... xD

Esupio
February 21st, 2006, 12:10 PM
I don't have a clue, I'd love to know aswell. XD

Baby luigi while crying is hard to draw O.o;

AuroPervert
March 16th, 2006, 01:35 AM
I sent a request to join.

I love drawing, I pretty much stick to mechanical pencils, some paper, micron inking pens, and Photoshop.

Esupio
March 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM
finally somebody posted O.o;
I've been waiting for ages

Welcome AuroPervert
I've been working on some stuff :P

Crying Rain
February 11th, 2007, 05:30 PM
I'd like to join, If I still can. I love to draw and things. I'm getting photoshop for my birthday this year, intill then I cant color anything. How do I send a request to join?