PDA

View Full Version : Knights of Hyrule

TRIFORCE89
January 28th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Discuss, analyze, and debate about Zelda's mysteries.

So, I'm curious. There has to be other people here who are more than just a ZeldaFan. I want to see those people.

I guess I'll start the first topic then:
What do you think of Link's Awakening? In the end, was it a dream, or not?

Feel free to go off topic, and change it as often as you like. We're in a Zelda dryspell at the moment, and I expect little discussion until Twilight Princess is released. You can talk about Twilight Princess too, of course. XD

I'm going to try and get some banners and buttons for you guys to use up eventually.

Kura
January 31st, 2006, 02:34 PM
*razzles* I HAVE JOINED!!
:3~~
So yeah~ I haven't ever beaten Link's Awakening, yet~
@@ I still have to beat the last boss ;_;.. It's hard.. why does he have to have so many forms?
*cries*

TRIFORCE89
January 31st, 2006, 02:51 PM
How'd you post here? I didn't click accept for your entry yet when you posted that (I have now, but still). Are the requests and acceptions just symbolic? *is confused*

And hi!

DethI (or Dethl - I'm not sure actually. I's and l's looks similar sometimes, and it was never mentioned in-game so we have to go through the typeface found in guides and websites) has so many forms because Link's Awakening is supposedly Link's dream (I say supposedly because it's up for debate. Some believe it's the Wind Fish's dream), and in this dream the Nightmares he faces are enemies he faced in A Link to the Past (because this is the sequel to that - it features the same Link). So, the DethI battle features several major enemies from Link's past.

Kura
February 1st, 2006, 01:29 PM
How'd you post here? I didn't click accept for your entry yet when you posted that (I have now, but still). Are the requests and acceptions just symbolic? *is confused*

And hi!

DethI (or Dethl - I'm not sure actually. I's and l's looks similar sometimes, and it was never mentioned in-game so we have to go through the typeface found in guides and websites) has so many forms because Link's Awakening is supposedly Link's dream (I say supposedly because it's up for debate. Some believe it's the Wind Fish's dream), and in this dream the Nightmares he faces are enemies he faced in A Link to the Past (because this is the sequel to that - it features the same Link). So, the DethI battle features several major enemies from Link's past.

._. dunno~ I guess they are.. *shrugs*
and Hi, too~ <3
;o; Sucks that he has so many forms.. >>; why can't he be like Ganondwarf? My dad can defeat him with the bottle!!!
puu~~
A link to the Past is so hard ;__; I can't even beat the second dungeon on the evil world.. *cries* It's seriously really really hard!!
*frowns*
You'll have to beat it for me or something~

TRIFORCE89
February 1st, 2006, 01:43 PM
I didn't know you could use an Empty Bottle as a weapon? O_o

I've only played A Link to the Past once and I didn't like it that much. Nor do I remember the puzzles. If you give to me I'll use my guide or something.

Kura
February 3rd, 2006, 03:57 PM
I didn't know you could use an Empty Bottle as a weapon? O_o

I've only played A Link to the Past once and I didn't like it that much. Nor do I remember the puzzles. If you give to me I'll use my guide or something.

It's true~ You should try it!!
X3 Instead of using your sword to bat back his light beams, you can use the bottle!!
*giggles*

@@ And sounds good~ because seriously.. the sheild does absolutely nothing, and everything's attacking me at the same time and I die in like.. five seconds!! ;o; *cries*
It gets me so frustrated!!

TRIFORCE89
February 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
The shield in game pre-Link's Awakening was annoying. You had to match up perfectly. After Link's Awakening the shield was assigned to a button thankfully, you didn't have to worry about matching.

Kura
February 3rd, 2006, 06:25 PM
The shield in game pre-Link's Awakening was annoying. You had to match up perfectly. After Link's Awakening the shield was assigned to a button thankfully, you didn't have to worry about matching.

Yeah~ well in the GBA game (Link to the Past) you have to match it up >>; and it bothers me a lot~
I like the assigned button thing~

._.;; we seriously need more members in this club~
Honestly~

TRIFORCE89
February 3rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
A Link to the Past was released before Link's Awakening, so that would be why you still have to lineup to use the shield. When they rereleased it on the GBA the only changes were to the text (they made it match up better with Ocarina of Time...ie. changing Seven Wise Men to Seven Sages and so on) and one dungeon (there was a glitch that allowed you to beat it too quickly on the SuperNES). A few other changes like what the buttons are aligned to, but essentially it's the same game which is why you still have to line up for the shield to work. It's annoying, I know. It's really annoying in the original Zelda because your bombarded with enemies really soon and you shield does nothing. T_T;

We have other members, they just haven't said anything yet.

Kura
February 4th, 2006, 05:09 PM
A Link to the Past was released before Link's Awakening, so that would be why you still have to lineup to use the shield. When they rereleased it on the GBA the only changes were to the text (they made it match up better with Ocarina of Time...ie. changing Seven Wise Men to Seven Sages and so on) and one dungeon (there was a glitch that allowed you to beat it too quickly on the SuperNES). A few other changes like what the buttons are aligned to, but essentially it's the same game which is why you still have to line up for the shield to work. It's annoying, I know. It's really annoying in the original Zelda because your bombarded with enemies really soon and you shield does nothing. T_T;

We have other members, they just haven't said anything yet.

@@ Well the other members seriously should start chatting X3~
:3 But yeah..
@@ Every time I enter the dungeon.. I have to run as fast as I can through rooms because it's nearly impossible to combat all those enemies that bombard you ;o;
It's pathetic! and it gets me so angry ;o;
If I have to go to a boss or something, I can't because I usually die on the way to the boss-lair!
Then I give up and stop playing it for another 5 months >>;;

I have A Link to the Past for the old Nintendo~ (the gold one)
._. but seriously.. even the TOWNS are hard in that game --;;

TRIFORCE89
February 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Hmm.... I don't think A Link to the Past was ever a gold cartridge. By "old" do you mean the SuperNES or just the NES? The NES had to gold cartridge Zelda games. The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link.

The Legend of Zelda didn't have towns though. Adventure of Link did however. Is the game you're referring to a side-scroller? If so than it's Adventure of Link, which annoys the Underworld out of me. It's too hard. Trying to battle enemies where the weakspot is their head but you don't have neough jumping room is realy annoying. It's the only Zelda game I haven't finished.

Chronos
February 5th, 2006, 08:18 AM
I persevered with that...and it took me nearly three months. Blasted game, its a nightmare, and in my opinion, it doesn't really fit in with the series. A Link to the Past I got when it was re-released on GBA (too young for a SNES, I grew up playing a Megadrive, although I do own a SNES now) and I found that quite challenging at points.

P.S. Thanks for accepting me into this group ^_^

TRIFORCE89
February 5th, 2006, 08:43 AM
A Link to the Past was turning point in the series I think.

With AoL we had the ability to visit different towns and talk to NPCs. A Link to the Past brought the series back to it's overhead roots, while at the same time continuing the village aspect. Unfortunately we only got one village, Kakariko.

It did set up a storyline, a very important formula that pretty much all Zelda games afterward follow. OoT was basically just ALttP in 3D, with a few minor and major changes.

But ALttP somehow combined the aspects of it's predessors and made it work. In my opinion, it was LA to made the series. It took ALttP and advanced it. We had more than one village now, and it improved on everything in ALttP, and gave us the shield as a button weapon.

Without ALttP I don't think we'd have LA, and wouldn't have Zelda how it is now.

The major flaw I have with ALttP is in fact the lack of villages. NPC conversation are too far between, and you don't get the sense of being in the game.

Chronos
February 5th, 2006, 10:44 AM
It lacks the involvement aspect, I agree, but it more than makes up for it in depth and gameplay. Many consider Ocarina of Time to be the greatest Zelda, probably thats automatically assumed as its the first 3D Zelda. Still, they really should play ALttP first, I'd say it was a lot harder, and I like the Dark World idea, something they haven't been able to recreate very well in Zelda yet (The Twilight Realm may very well be a turning point though) although the different time zones of Oracle of Ages made for an interesting enough aspect. For involving Zelda, I would go with The Minish Cap, there are certainly enough NPCs to talk to (and fuse Kinstones with..that takes a good few days). However, it lacks one thing- length. I find that a problem with most Zelda games now- they're getting shorter! It took me close on a month to finish Ocarina of Time on my first try, Minish Cap on my first try took me under a week. Are they getting easier, or am I just getting better?

TRIFORCE89
February 5th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Alright, Knights I have something you should find interesting.

I want to see some timelines, but I don't want to see junky ones. So I'm giving you some guidelines:

Zelda Legends : What is Canon? (Dec 8 2004) (http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=article_16)
Zelda Legends : Analyzing the Canon (Jan 28 2006) (http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=article_17)
Harkinian : Timeline Guidline (Feb 1 2006) (http://www.harkinian.net/issues/6/timeline.php)
The Hylia : Lost in Translation (Feb 2 2006) (http://thehylia.com/lost_in_translation.shtml)

They're good reads, and even I learned some new things. I've been inactive (sadly) in the Zelda Community for quite some time now, and apparently there's a proper timeline format now (as outlined in the Harkinian article - which I haven't read until today...just a few days late). I've occasionally check up on some Zelda forums, and I have noticed that timelines now are very very short. Just a list most of the time, occasionally with some proof to back it up. I have no idea why these new ZeldaFans have adopted this, but myself, a Zelda Scribe, am partial to large multipage indepth timelines.

My last version was 11 pages, and I'm hoping to surpass this on my newest one.

But there are your guidelines, use them well, and post in any format you want (long or short) - just always always always back yourself up.

Kura
February 5th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Hmm.... I don't think A Link to the Past was ever a gold cartridge. By "old" do you mean the SuperNES or just the NES? The NES had to gold cartridge Zelda games. The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link.

The Legend of Zelda didn't have towns though. Adventure of Link did however. Is the game you're referring to a side-scroller? If so than it's Adventure of Link, which annoys the Underworld out of me. It's too hard. Trying to battle enemies where the weakspot is their head but you don't have neough jumping room is realy annoying. It's the only Zelda game I haven't finished.

By old I mean the old Nintendo~
Not even NES or SuperNES~ o_o;; just.. old old Nintendo..
and yeah.. it's half side-scroller ._.;; and yeah.. the towns are hard because you have to wait for people to open doors for you before you can enter them.. but sometimes the people like.. never come ;o;.. it's so annoying.

Chronos
February 8th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Interesting reads indeed...its got me thinking...hmm, I'll come back to those as soon as I can form the correct words...and as soon as I have them printed and read three times apiece. And I also started playing Oracle of Seasons again today. I've lost my Ages copy, sadly, but Seasons I still find enjoyable. But ridiculously easy...

Kura
February 12th, 2006, 12:39 PM
@@ I love seasons and ages~ @@;; it's like.. my favourite Zelda game!!
:3 and I like it because it IS easy~
because usually in other games.. when I get stuck at a place and can't beat it.. I always stop playing the game for the longest time.. then I get new games and never feel like going back to it~

Ralph= <3~~

Esupio
February 13th, 2006, 12:55 PM
I'm a member thingy.

I've never played the oracle games. O.o;
I'm still disapointed TP has been delayed agian

TRIFORCE89
February 19th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Apparently, Reggie Fils-Aime said on a SpikeTV interview (why that channel?) that TP has infact been delayed until fall.

According to The Hylia (http://www.thehylia.com/index.shtml) we should expect an announcement on Zelda's anniversary - February 21.

Esupio
February 19th, 2006, 01:50 PM
hmm... Intresting.

Other stuff:
Well I got a magazine recently and it has a preview of TP and it says that screenshot of the girl in the hood thing IS Zelda, it bares a rescembelences but I'm not sure.

TRIFORCE89
February 19th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Oh! You didn't know that? That's old news. That was confirmed around E3 I think. If my timeline of events is correct.

I think that picture of Link and the hooded figure was released a but before E3. And then the E3 video had a girl in a hood. Most assumed it was Zelda, and then I think it was confirmed in an interview shortly after. I can't recall who it was, maybe Aunoma said it?, but apparently Zelda's wearing traditional Japanese funeral attire.

Esupio
February 22nd, 2006, 08:01 AM
I hate being in the UK ¬¬;
Hopefully the bosses in TP are gunna be hard, I like a challenge

Merzbau
February 25th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Holy crap. I totally forgot I joined this. Sorry for not posting guys. I <3 Zelda...I've played all of the games at least once, and I've beaten Wind Waker, Ages, Seasons, and Link's Awakening. I've got OoT on the Wind Waker bonus disc thing along with Master Quest, but my little brother lost it. ._. I was up to like...the Shadow Temple, I think. I can't wait for Twilight Princess to come out. Is it coming out on the GCN or Revolution? I forget. I think it's the Revolution. But I definitely am gonna want that so I'll get a Revolution if that's what it's released on. Hmm. What would you guys say was your favorite Zelda game? I'll say mine once people say theirs.

pokejungle
February 25th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I'd really love to join X3

Right now I ought to be beating OoT. But I'm just so excited for Twilight Princess >3

TRIFORCE89
February 26th, 2006, 06:21 AM
XD How does that prevent you?

Esupio
March 2nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Holy crap. I totally forgot I joined this. Sorry for not posting guys. I <3 Zelda...I've played all of the games at least once, and I've beaten Wind Waker, Ages, Seasons, and Link's Awakening. I've got OoT on the Wind Waker bonus disc thing along with Master Quest, but my little brother lost it. ._. I was up to like...the Shadow Temple, I think. I can't wait for Twilight Princess to come out. Is it coming out on the GCN or Revolution? I forget. I think it's the Revolution. But I definitely am gonna want that so I'll get a Revolution if that's what it's released on. Hmm. What would you guys say was your favorite Zelda game? I'll say mine once people say theirs.
its a GCN title. it may use the Revo controller if the disc is inserted into the Revo.

I've been running around with my TV remote pretending its one

TRIFORCE89
March 26th, 2006, 03:39 PM
I'm a few days late. :\ Forgive me.

Anyway...

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Discuss!

I have faith in it because it's a Zelda title (and Capcom isn't involved even though it's a handheld title! :o), I'm just hoping that the sailing aspect is toned down a lot.

I think it'll be with TWW's era. But where? Sequel or prequel?

Almost E3! New TP info is on the horizon!

zapdos123
June 18th, 2006, 04:42 AM
Phantom Hourglass is a sequel to TWW for the DS. Link has to rescue fairies and has a fairy of his own that follows the stylus (I think). Tetra and her crew help you out as well. You can even write notes on the maps!

TRIFORCE89
June 18th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Yay! Thank you for posting! I have no idea if the one-month limit applies here or not, but I don't care. You've bumped us. Yay! I didn't want to double post.

So...since I couldn't double post, and just in case people don't know yet. Twilight Princess is now a Wii title. A launch title at that.

It'll be on the GCN too, but only in the Americas because Nintendo promised it to us. But since it won't be anywhere else, I consider it to be a Wii title. The graphics have improved too. The Twilight Realm is no long in greyscale, but full colour and with a hazy effect similar to the inside of the moon in MM - a few other optical effects. And the Wii version is widescreen! ^_^

Our arms won't get tired either, no need to swing the Wiimote like a sword. Still have to press a button to swing.

ArKiVe
June 21st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I'm probably gonna end up buying it for the GCN then.

Super_Lawliet
July 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I'll probably end up buying a Nintendo Wii, so I guess getting TP would be the smart thing. You know, I am rather excited about the release, I just only wish it would happen already!!

TRIFORCE89
August 2nd, 2006, 01:41 PM
Ladies and gentlemen. Gerudo and Gorons.

The Legend of Zelda was voted as the Best.Series.Ever. at GameFAQs.

Congratulations to our favourite series! ^^

Yoko-Chan
August 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM
yay!! Zelda is the best!! =D
umm..btw, can i joine the club?!! xP

TRIFORCE89
August 21st, 2006, 07:55 AM
It's been a while, but we have Zelda news!

The first trinket shouldn't be much of a surprise but: During Camp Hyrule last week, it was revealed that the Wii version of TP will not be playable with the GCN controller.

And now for the more important news:

The controllers for the Wii version of TP has been changed. In the E3 demo, you would press the B button to swing your sword (like the current Zelda games). Miyamoto said that if the player were to swing the Wii Remote like a swrod they would ge tired. He has sinced changed his mind, stating that it is in fact quite fun and that the Wii version will use this method instead of the B button.

This leaves an empty B button now. During E3, the bow would be set to the Control Pad, which is a rather awkward spot. The Bow nows gets the honour of being set to the B button, this means that the bow will probably be a very important item.

pokejungle
October 17th, 2006, 04:30 AM
No, you're not. And as the resident pokejungle of this forum, I hereby restrict your access from talking in civilized forums.

TRIFORCE89
October 17th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Looks like pokejungle scared Kyohei away.

I don't know what happened. Did you erase your post Kyohei? You're welcome to post here. You've been approved after all.

Anyway, in response to what you said.

The Legend of the Zelda: The Animated Series aired from 1989-1990. It lasted 13 seasons. You might've caught it in 1992, and probably even later on, as it aired in syndication with the Super Mario Bros. Super Show for a little while after. I actually recall watching it in the early 90s as well.

You can buy all 13 episodes on in a 3-disc DVD set.

Kamui
October 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
NO LOL!
He didnt scared me away!
I just missed something in this thread on ur first post so i thought i will post it later.

Not anyone ever scared me xD
Anyway just bought it didnt got it yet, hope it will be nice:)

pokejungle
October 17th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I have to say that your grammar scares me.

So does the animted Legend of Zelda. We shouldn't talk of such things here.

TRIFORCE89
November 4th, 2006, 06:28 PM
And...new Zelda videos out of Nintendo World!

Title Screen (http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=8)
Mr. Kondo, you have blown my mind. That is the most beautiful rendition I have heard of the class Zelda motif. It sounds a bit much like LotR though. I want this soundtrack. And TP looks amazing in widescreen. *_* I don't really care that Link's right handed anymore.

New Trailer (http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=9) with the music from the second trailer. Hurry up November 19th! I've waited for this game for too long already! I thought that ugly armoured guy with the tongue was General Onox of Oracle of Seasons at first, but upon watching it a few more times, I don't think it is.

The Japanese Wii site has a bunch of really short videos. Nothing special. Just...what on earth is this (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/interview/vol5/movie07.html).

Morkula
November 4th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Looks like a skinned Cucco to me... x_o;

The more TP impressions I read, the more I say that I HAVE to get a Wii and TP at launch. 50-70 hours? Harder than OoT and MM? Darker story? Yup, definitely making a special trip to get a Wii on the 19th. XD

TRIFORCE89
November 5th, 2006, 06:16 PM
...and the {I wanted a Zelda based line similar to "icing on the cake", but I couldn't think of one. So, put one here, if you have any ideas. XD}?

BS Zelda lives!

GamePro: What sorts of online features are you looking forward to in the future?
Harrison: Downloadable content, such as additional levels.

Yahoo! TP shall never end!

Morkula
November 9th, 2006, 09:29 PM
I posted about this in the NFC too, but meh... XD

Apparently the latest minigame in TP is...

Sumo wrestling.

Yup...Link has to sumo wrestle with someone. And I don't want to be around when the fangirls find out about it... XD

Second dungeon impressions are up...not gonna spoil anything here, but it sounds frickin awesome. Read the preview if you want to hear about it. XD

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3155134

TRIFORCE89
February 17th, 2007, 06:21 PM
...No one has made a post in here since Twilight Princess came out? Gah! Injustice.

Okay. *thinks* What could be on my mind? *thinks*

Well, before we get into story and timeline stuff (Imprisoning War and Ganon being the big two for me) what did everyone think of the game?

I'm enjoying a lot more now then I did before. It is a sin to play this game without component cables. I've switched back and forth a few times and just...ew. It makes a huge difference. Everything is so murky without them.

Control wise, I'm content. Buttons have been reassigned to movement. But, I'm alright with that as it was a port. For the true Zelda Wii, I want true 1:1 control.

I like the story. I did not at first. But it works well on it's own and expands the holes that we already had in the timeline. I'm not sure why it ticked me off so much before because MM didn't have to do with anything (well...aside from the ToC seperating from Link and Ganondorf rising to power again. Other than that important stuff).

I didn't like the map at first, and then I thought about it. ... OoT's isn't vast and open either. You have the main field, that's it. Death Mountain, Gerudo Valley, Zora's Domain - the rest of it as maze.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of a bestiary, trading sequence, and overall lack of Zeldaness. It just does not feel like Zelda to me. Majora's Mask is still the crowning achievment for 3D Zeldas. And OoT is the posterboy.

For the next Zelda Wii title, I want:

1:1 Control
Open-ended world
Orchestrated music (that is still able to loop!)
Some questions answers
More questions to ask
Tragic ending.
A different villian.
More races
Better graphics (I want blades of grass. I want my boot to sink into it. No more blurry grass textures.)
Zelda has to be important. No damsel in distress. No appear three times and she's gone. I want her to have a large and important role.
More towns. For crying out loud AoL had more towns than any of the 3D games!
Voice acting. Kind of. I like how Midna is. You get emotion that way. Why risk having bad voice-acting? Just use stuff that people won't understand. Make everyone be like Midna or create a spoken version of Hylian.
I want useful items. Every item must be used at least once in every dungeon.

Esupio
February 18th, 2007, 12:28 AM
...No one has made a post in here since Twilight Princess came out? Gah! Injustice.

1:1 Control

Woo.

Open-ended world

that would be awesome
Orchestrated music (that is still able to loop!)

YES!

Some questions answers

Not much to say, speaks for itself

More questions to ask

Can't say much about that

Tragic ending.

TP's ending was good though, and the final battle <3
A different villian.

Well it was a different villan for most of the game, then at the end it changed
More races

Yeah, was nice to see the Zora and Gorons back though

Better graphics (I want blades of grass. I want my boot to sink into it. No more blurry grass textures.)

I also want a better looking desert next time around, cause god the Gerudo Desert was ugly

Zelda has to be important. No damsel in distress. No appear three times and she's gone. I want her to have a large and important role.

Well she kinda died (well, thats what I think happened) half way through TP, so its kinda hard to say that she could appear. Although she was kinda forgotten, it is the legend of ZELDA, not the Legend of a damsel in distress.

More towns. For crying out loud AoL had more towns than any of the 3D games!

Yeah, theres Kakariko, that random village (where you get that book), Hyrule Castle Town and Ordon, which really isn't much at all.

Voice acting. Kind of. I like how Midna is. You get emotion that way. Why risk having bad voice-acting? Just use stuff that people won't understand. Make everyone be like Midna or create a spoken version of Hylian.

Or, just find good voice actors.

I want useful items. Every item must be used at least once in every dungeon.

Yeah, cause the stuff you get early in the game (minus the bow) gets kinda forgotten, except the use of the gale boomerang in hyrule castle
*coughdominionrodwasuselesscough*

I thought the one month revival rule counted for this forum as well o.o anyway.

my answers in bold :P

TRIFORCE89
February 18th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Hmmm....I don't know. I hope not mostly because I've been abusing that rule and that would mean Andy's Ninendo Club is the only thread you can post in. But, I'll ask.

Kura
March 2nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
o_o OOoh~ I recently got The Legend of Zelda: The WindWaker and I absolutely love it! X3 It's so fun! :3 I just got to the second Island~ -3- I have to climb up to talk to the Deku-people ._. but the Orktorks (sp? .. you know.. the spitty-octopus thingies) freak me out ;_; I'm scare they're gonna hit me and knock me off and then I'll get sucked up by a cyclone ;__;..

TRIFORCE89
March 3rd, 2007, 06:41 PM
They're Koroks and they're the descendants of the Kokiri, not the Deku.

Octoroks aren't that bad. Once you get your Boomerang or some Bombs, you're good. The Peahats are annoying. If the Octoroks are bothersome now, just wait till you encounter the big ones that trap you in a whirlpool.

Kura
March 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM
They're Koroks and they're the descendants of the Kokiri, not the Deku.

Octoroks aren't that bad. Once you get your Boomerang or some Bombs, you're good. The Peahats are annoying. If the Octoroks are bothersome now, just wait till you encounter the big ones that trap you in a whirlpool.

o_o Wait.. are octroks the same things that I'm thinking of? @@; You know.. the purple things that shoot nuts at you?

o____o; There's GIANT ones?!!~~ o______o Oh GODS! I hope I never see one!!!! ;_____;..

And I'm at the start of the second dungeon now~ -3- It's where I left off when I last borrowed TP from Heather <3~
:3 Now it's a new adventure! YAY!~

TRIFORCE89
March 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
When does Twilight Princess take place?
Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.

And the Wind Waker?
Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there’s a scene showing Ganon’s execution. Link and Zelda left him be and he then did something outrageous, so it was decided that he should be executed. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

Now we're getting somewhere. Eiji Aonuma basically confirms his earlier statement made during TWW's release of: "There's also a more complicated explanation. If you think back to the end of The Ocarina of Time, there were two endings to that game in different time periods. First Link defeated Ganon as an adult, and then he actually went back to being a child. You could say that The Wind Waker takes place 100 years after the ending in which Link was an adult."

I was hoping that that last quote was just misinterpreted or something. But, looks like I was wrong. I'm going to have to change a lot of my theories. Discuss!

Abby
March 21st, 2007, 06:11 PM
Maybe I'm not thinking strait, but...there's no Link left in the adult world in OoT, is there? If so, does that mean that each Link isn't a descendant of another Link? Or was this something that was already obvious? XD;

TRIFORCE89
March 21st, 2007, 06:17 PM
Not every Link is part of the bloodline. In TWW (which is part of the adult timeline) it is specifically mentioned that Link is not related by blood to the Hero of Time.

Yeah, that does cause a problem though doesn't it? If Link went back, then he grew up again. Ganon is having his revenge on his decendeants, but in the child timeline (despite saying it in the adult half). ALttP's is a descendant and possibly TP's (if the Hero's Shade is OoT Link). The adult timeline seems useless at the moment because no other games reference the flood. Well...Oracle of Ages does if you take it as neighbouring Hyrule, like I do, and no another world like Termina.

Shall have to think about this.

sims796
August 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM
If this is a Zelda club, I would like to be a part of it. I've played every game, except that God awful Wand Of Gamelot, & Zelda's Adventure. I am a HUGE Zelda (& Luigi) fan.

And it seems that all Links are connected through the power of the Triforce, or something like that-despite each version not exatcly following up on previous versions.

TRIFORCE89
August 6th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I just saw you in the freaky scene thread.

Umm...Its Wand of Gamelon. And there's a third Zelda CD-i game you missed: Faces of Evil.

And, welcome!

sims796
August 6th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks, and I didn't miss it: it was SO bad, I didn't want to speak its name. It might rise from the cold, cold dead...