PDA

View Full Version : Alliance of Webmasters

Blaze
January 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Due to overwhelming support for the Alliance of Webmasters, we have formed into a club which you can join via User CP > Group Memberships

Alliance of Webmasters (AoW) is a club for all Webmasters, and is the true place for all Webmasters to talk about anything without the pressure of sticking to certain guidelines.

~Join

Owner: Revo
Co Owners: Paul, MewThreew/Armor, and PPNSTEVE

pokejungle
January 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM
I'm in this~ Great Group.

Anyways, what should be the first topic?

Blaze
January 28th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Hmm, I think we should talk about Layouts...

More and more are going to buying now, and I want your input on why and if that is really a good idea.

pokejungle
January 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I don't think so. Looking at free tutorials and then following one and designing your own is so much cheaper.

Professional websites should buy layouts. Fansites shouldn't.

usami
January 28th, 2006, 01:23 PM
I agree with Paul, fansites shouldn't buy their layouts, since there's a better chance they wont keep it for very long, prof. sites usually use the same layout for quite a while.

pokejungle
January 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I agree with Paul, fansites shouldn't buy their layouts, since there's a better chance they wont keep it for very long, prof. sites usually use the same layout for quite a while.

That's a good point. Fansites switch their layouts preeeetty often. Especially some XD

Blaze
January 28th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Lol, I always change my layout since I get bored of them :3

However, I have created an idea that as Webmasters we create our own company?

Name: Mango Webmastering Inc.

If y'all have a different idea for the name letmee know

usami
January 28th, 2006, 05:08 PM
If y'all have a different idea for the name letmee know
"Webmastering the Internetz"
..yeah joke.

That's a good point. Fansites switch their layouts preeeetty often. Especially some XD
Yes, I used to switch mine once a month, though I have stopped now, thankfully. ;>

Blaze
January 28th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I switch mine like every *season* (or every 2-3 weeks XD)

Thomas
January 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I used to have a new one every month but I haven't had a new one in like 4 now. XD *excludes Little Pauls*

mewthree w/armor
January 28th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I'm on this one for about a year and a month now...I really have no motivation to swtich layouts.

pokejungle
January 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I switch layouts every couple of months~

Thomas
January 30th, 2006, 04:32 PM
This thing isn't gonna last...we already have the lounge. XD

pokejungle
January 30th, 2006, 04:41 PM
This is just a group~~

I think the thing in our profile is a bit more valuable than the thread. It signifies we're webmasters ;D Because Blaze won't let any n00bs in. I hope.

usami
January 30th, 2006, 06:05 PM
This is just a group~~

I think the thing in our profile is a bit more valuable than the thread. It signifies we're webmasters ;D Because Blaze won't let any n00bs in. I hope. Rofl, that sounds like something he'd do. ;x

And yeah, like Paul said, the profile thing is much more important then the thread IMO. :>

Blaze
February 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
This is just a group~~

I think the thing in our profile is a bit more valuable than the thread. It signifies we're webmasters ;D Because Blaze won't let any n00bs in. I hope.

Your exactly right :3

I just did my first deny, and although this person *posts* in WD. I don't classify the person as a Webmaster.

Thomas
February 3rd, 2006, 03:45 PM
That is great! Yeah for veto's. So who was the member that you denied?

Blaze
February 3rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Mr. Missing, to be honest but I have yet to see any site from that person?

Ehh I am very strict on who is added ;P