View Full Version : Before the Legend

Aegis
January 31st, 2006, 03:58 PM
Before the Legend
by: Jeffrey

Aegis
January 31st, 2006, 04:01 PM
Part 2: Nervous Wreck!

"Huh?" Ash was piqued by the flyer, so he began leafing through it, only pausing to admire the pictures. He particularly enjoyed the pictures of kids riding Ponytas, a basketball game, and kids playing Pokeflutes, since he liked those things.
Delia watched as Ash thumbed through the flyer. How bout it? Do you want to sign up or not?"
"Do I have to?" Ash asked, swallowing hard. Delia was notorious for volunteering Ash for programs, especially those types of programs he didn't like: piano lessons, swimming classes, karate classes, art classes...the list went on and on. Never once had she thought about Ponyta riding lessons, the basketball team, or Pokeflute lessons.
"Well..." Delia was unsure. "You don't have to if you don't want to, but they can help you study for the Trainer's Exam..."
If it means that much to you.... I guess I'll go if Ponyta rides, basketball games, and Pokeflute lessons are part of it. Ash sighed as he stood up, stretched, and trudged off to his room. "I'm gonna go do my homework now."
"All right..." Delia replied as she went off to the kitchen. "I'll call you when dinner's ready." ----------
All done! Ash smiled as he trooped down the stairs. "I'm gonna have the best book report in the class!"
I hope so. Delia replied as she added noodles to the chicken already cooking on the stove.
"I love a good mystery anyway..." Ash replied as he set his backpack by the stairs, so he wouldn't forget about it the next morning. Next, he reached for his skateboarding gear hanging up in the hallway and began to put on his protective pads. "Can I go skateboarding in the park?" he asked as he eased his helmet on his head and reached for a skateboard with a bright yellow thunderbolt design on it lying against the wall.
Okay, but be careful; and be home by six, Delia replied as she watched Ash whiz off onto the street.

---------

Ash mind raced as he skated down the sidewalk. "I hope that fan club is as fun as that flyer said it is..." he sighed; desperately hoping that Delia had not suckered him into another activity he didn't like. The thought overwhelmed him so much; he tripped on a rock, sending him sprawling into the grass.
"Tatta?" A Ratatta skittered out from a bush and into the open, interested in the human that was trying to get up from the grass.
Hello little Pokemon, Im not going to hurt you, Ash said in his "cute" voice, offering a piece of popcorn to the Rattata. The Ratatta just looked at him, grabbed the popcorn from Ash's hand, kicked a little dirt into his face, and ran back into the brush.
Stupid Ratatta, doesnt it know Im going to be the greatest Pokemon master off all time someday? Ash asked the air as he wiped the dirt from his face and eased himself aboard his skateboard again. He sighed as he began skating home.
The next day...
Ash sighed as he struggled to pay attention in math class. Although he tried to focus on two digit multiplication, his mind kept on drifting back to one thing, playing basketball at the Pokemon Dreamers Fan Club.

---------

"And he shoots..." the announcer called as Ash ran down the court and heaved the ball at the goal. "HE SCORES!!!!" A crowd cheered as the scoreboard displayed the game's final score: PALLET TOWN 87 VIRIDIAN CITY 83.
"Well done!" the coach smiled as Ash ran to the bench to rejoin his teammates. "I knew you could do it, Ash...Ash... Ash..."
Ash, since you dont seem to care about concentrating on math, would you like to come to the board and show the class how you would do problem twenty-five? The voice of Mrs.Williams, the teacher, instantly snapped Ash back to reality.
Um...well, Ash stammered as he flipped his notebook back to the page his homework was on, hiding the basketball picture he had been drawing.
Whats the mater Ash? Persian caught your tongue? asked a boy in a mocking voice from the next row back, Gary. The other students howled with laughter.
NO! I can do it, Ash retorted as he practically ran to the front of the room, grabbed a piece of chalk, and studied the problem: 45 times 32.
"Let's see...five times two is ten, carry the one, divde by two, add ten, multiply by three..." Before long, Ash had written bizarre calculations all over the chalkboard, all of which added up to the total of 6,901; an obviously wrong answer.
Well, Mr. Ketchum, it seems you DO need to pay attention. Gary would you like to come work this problem? Mrs. Williams sighed as she erased the chalkboard. Ash slunk back to his seat, embarrassed.
Sure, Mrs. Williams. said Gary as he walked to the front of the room and grabbed the chalk Ash had been using. "Okay...five times two is ten, so we carry the one..." he explained as he worked...
"...and we come out with a grand total of 1,440!" Gary announced as he slammed the chalk down on the board and returned to his seat Ash, meanwhile, was still steaming with anger that Gary had topped him, again.

Ash, why dont you go back to kindergarten, it would suit you, said Gary in a mocking voice. Ash simply growled, doing a very realistic Growlithe growl. I would stick around but I have more important things to do, Gary continued, still in a mocking voice.
Uh... like what? Ash asked.
The Pokemon Dreamers Fan Club, said Gary, but not in a mocking tone.
Ash just stood there, dumbfounded. Gary was going to be at the club too?
What!!?? You think the names funny huh?! Gary asked in a loud voice.
N-no i-i-its just that Im going there too, Ash stammered.
You wish, its only for SMART kids, said Gary, back in his mocking tone.
I AM TOO GOING!" Ash retorted. "AND I'M SMART!"
Fine, then Ill see yah there, loser, said Gary in a mocking tone as he strolled off.

All of the students sat in the clubhouse's main hall, talking with friends, doing homework, or sitting quietly. Gary was admiring the posters on the wall, while Ash toyed
Ash fumed at the math problem incident from earlier. "Why? Why has Gary become so mean to me?" he thought. He was about to brood on this question until the doorknob twitched and started to open. When the kids saw who had entered, they were shocked even Gary.
Hello. the young lady replied as she tossed her long auburn hair over her shoulder.
But the kids were speechless.

Aegis
January 31st, 2006, 04:01 PM
Before the Legend
by: Jeffrey Latham
With help from rbynsapphire64

I wrote this story of how I picture Ash before he began his Pokemon journey.
Part 3: Whatta Shocker!

Everyone just stood there staring at the beautiful young lady standing before them. She was about 20, wore a rainbow colored T-shirt, had long auburn hair, and green eyes. In fact, most of the boys were wide eyed over her immense beauty.
Whats wrong? the girl asked, her voice as sweet as sugar. Everyone stared, silent. The girl interpreted the silence as a sign to go on. Well to get started my name is Miss Mandle, but I would like you to call me Sophie, okay?
Hey...maybe if I raised my hand first.... Ash thought. He started to slowly raise his hand...
Hello Im Gary Oak, future Pokemon Master, blurted Gary; cutting Ash off before he could say anything. Sophie just chuckled.
Dont listen to him! My name is Ash Ketchum and IM going to be a future pokemon master! Ash yelled, causing the other kids to stare at the two of them. Uh-Oh now Ive done it, Ash blushed, embarrassed.
To Ashs surprise, Sophie had cracked up. She was leaning over and laughing so hard that she was crying. After a minute, she managed to say, You two are HILLARIOUS! I-Its so funny I cant stand it! Its easy to tell that you two are really jealous of each other! her laughing echoed in the room.
JEALOUS!!?? Ash and Gary yelled at the same time.
She did something that resembled a nod, but she was laughing so hard it was hard to tell. The other kids joined in the laughing as well, even Ash, but Gary sat there steaming.
Okay thats enough, Sophie said in a stern voice, silencing the laughter. Id like to welcome you to the Pokemon Dreamers Fan Club. In addition to what you saw in the flyer, we have plenty more activities for you to do here...

Several hours later...

....Next Monday you need to be here at 9:00, Sophie said as she leafed through a stack of papers. That's when you'll get an overview of the Trainer's Exam. If we have time, we'll play basketball when we're done studying, okay? Sophie continued. Everyone cheered at the mention of basketball.
Also bring a notepad and pencil, have a great weekend, Sophie waved goodbye as the kids left.
At Home:
So how was your day? Delia asked as Ash strolled into the kitchen.
Well...horrible at school and weird at the club, Ash answered, his mouth full of popcorn.
Weird? Delia was interested.
Yeah, weird. Our leader is.... different. Ash said through a big mouth full of popcorn.
Hmm, Delia looked at Ash skeptically. What do you want for dinner? she asked, walking over to the pantry.
Um...Mac and Cheese! Ash said.
Oki-doke, Mac and Cheese it is, Delia said with a smile. Ash just laughed as he walked off to the living room.

After the Show:
WOW!! What a battle!!! With 37 of the150 Colored Crystals, the Pokeguardians are getting closer to assembling the Jeweled Rainbow!! Tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode of Pokeguardians!! The TV announced as Ash thumbed through the listings in search of another show
Whoa, Ash mused as he pondered the events of the days episode. "I just hope Zoimon and the Black Kingdom don't steal the Crystals..."
Ash your dinner is ready! Delia called, snapping Ash from his thoughts.
YAAAAAYYYY!!!!" Ash cheered as he thundered into the kitchen and settled down before a steaming hot bowl of macaroni and cheese....

The following Monday, Ash awoke, excited to his surprise. At least I get to stay home longer before I go off to the club, Ash thought as he got dressed, came downstairs, fixed himself a bowl of cereal, and trooped into the living room to watch TV. He first thought about watching "Pokeguardians", but the episode in question was a rerun--the awakening of Hitenia, the Pokeguardian of Charizard. "Let's see what else is on... he thought as he flipped through the channels...

"And now, it's time for Pewter City Live!" the announcer proclaimed as a studio audience cheered for an older boy in an orange shirt and green vest that was strumming away on a beautiful yellow-brown acoustic guitar. Ash recognized the guitar-playing figure as Brock, the Leader of Pewter Gym. "Wow! I didn't know Brock moonlighted as a songwriter!" he thought as he listened to Brock sing:

Walk right in, sit right down,
Daddy, let your mind roll on...
Daddy, let your mind roll on...

Everybodys talkin' 'bout a new way o' walkin',
Do you wanna lose your mind?
Daddy let your mind roll on!

"Walk right in, sit right down,
Daddy, let your mind roll on..." Ash sang along with Brock, all the while "playing" an imaginary guitar.
"Ash, time to go!" Delia called, snapping Ash out of his rock star routine....

On the road to the club Ash saw lots of kids, all excitedly running to the clubhouse. Just then, Ash spotted a blonde haired boy in the crowd: his friend, Brad. "Brad! Hi!"
I didnt know you were coming, Brad spoke as leafed through the flyer.
You havent looked through that yet!? Ash asked.
Nope, just found it today, me moms making me go, Brad said in his mesmerizing Irish accent.
Oh, it looks fun, especially the Ponyta rides, basketball games, and Pokeflute lessons, Ash exclaimed, pointing out the pictures.
Pokeflute, thatll be easy since I already play Pokewhistle, Brad said excitedly.
Yo Brad, come here a sec., I need to ask ya somethin, said a boy from behind Ash and Brad.
Oki...Doke? Brad said as he looked at quizzically Ash.
Yeah, oki-doke, Ash sighed.
Oh yeah, thanks, see ya later! Brad said as he ran back to the boy.
Ash looked at the crowd again. He spotted Gary. Suddenly Ash felt nervous and tried to stay out of Garys sight, but it was to late, Gary had spotted him and was now walking over to Ash, a very irate look on his face. Ash felt as if his body decided to stop working as he stood there in pure terror...

Aegis
January 31st, 2006, 04:02 PM
Before the Legend

Part 4: Practice Test

I have a bone to pick with you Ash! Gary snapped, apparently still holding a grudge about their encounter a few days before.
W-what? Ashs words tripped out of his mouth, obviously afraid.
So, you think you can be her favorite by first saying YOURE going to be the pokemon master and second, laughing at her, at her DUMB remark! Gary yelled, capturing the attention of several kids walking past them.
What? I was only telling the truth, Ash explained.
Well, think that if you wish but well figure out whos better when we do the practice trainers exam, Gary remarked with a proud smirking
Youre on! Ash exclaimed as they walked into the clubhouse and down the hall to a classroom. The desks were arrayed in 5 neat rows, with 5 desks in each, very much like his classroom at school. Ash quickly found the desk with his name written on it and sighed with relief when he discovered that he was located on the opposite side of the room from Gary. He looked over at Gary, who was currently talking to all the girls. Ash could hear them giggle as Gary pointed at him. Ash was about to go over there and say something when Sophie came in.
Hello everyone, Sophie said. Some soft hellos and other greetings wafted from all directions of the room So, did everyone have a good weekend?
Ash thought about that for a minute. He had seen 2 new episodes of Pokeguardians, perfected his half pipe spin at the skate park, and watched a basketball game on TV; in which the Lavender Town Spirit (his favorite team) advanced to the playoffs. So in short...he had had a good weekend.
Well as I informed you on Friday we will take a practice trainers exam today, Sophie said as she picked up a stack of papers from her desk.
Sophie started passing out papers.
Ash picked up his pencil and waited for his paper.
Finally Ash got his paper. Ash quickly looked over the paper and gulped, THIS STUFF WAS HARD!
Reluctantly Ash started to answer the questions...
...finally I am done Ash thought to himself.
Ash walked to Sophies desk and laid the paper face down. Ash quickly went back to his desk.

After All the Tests Were Handed In:
Okay, we still have 2 hours before you have to leave..wanna play some basketball? Sophie asked as she put on tennis shoes in place of her sandals.
YEAH! everyone cheered.
So they went outside to the basketball courts.
Okay the team captains will be Gary and I, Sophie said.
Ashs heart sank.
Okay, Markus you are on my team, Gary said. Everyone knew he was going to choose Markus though because Markus is the best basketball player in Pallet Town.
Ashley will you be on my team, Sophie asked.
Ashley grinned and jogged to Sophie.
Well lets see, Tyler you can be on my team, Gary said.
Tyler sighed, Tyler also wasnt very found of Gary.
Ash will you be on my team? Sophie asked.
Ash let out a sigh of relief and ran to her side. Ashley whispered hi to him. Ash blushed fore he had always liked Ashley. Gary had too and when he saw that, he really got hot under the collar.
Uh...Melinda you be on my team, Gary stuttered. Melinda blushed and walked to Gary.

After the Picking of the Teams was over:
Ash stood on the court staring at Sophie wiz around the court. No one expected her to be this good at basketball.
Good looking AND good at sports, Sam said. (Sam is an 8th grader who has failed the trainers exam every year).
The ball was thrown into Ashs hand. Ash quickly dribbled his way to the other side of the court. Ash shot, and he made it! A 3 pointer put his team in the lead! Ashley ran up to Ash and kissed him on the cheek making Ash turn scarlet. Gary on the other hand just stood there and glared at Ash with eyes full of loathing.
Okay its time to go, Sophie said.
Everyone walked back into the hall.

On the Way Home:
Ash that last shot was awesome! Brad cheered.
Yeah Ash you rock! Ashley chimed in.
Ash grinned. Garry was walking in front of Ash talking to Thomas.
I swear I am going to kill Ash, Garry said.
Yeah you should. Even though that last shot was pretty good, Thomas said.
Gary glared at him.
What it was, Brad said in defense.
It was luck, Gary protested.
Hm... yeah okay, Brad said.

At Home:
MOM! MOM! Guess what! I scored a 3 pointer in basketball and it won our team the game! Ash yelled as he ran into the house.
Really? Cool! Delia was almost as excited as Ash. Its just early sign of a pokemon master
Really? Ash asked with excitement.
Sure is! Delia replied.
So what does my basketball champion want for dinner? Delia asked.
Um... Grilled HOT DOGS!!! Ash yelled with excitement.
Oki-doke Delia replied.
Ash, why dont you call some of your friends to come over too? Delia asked/suggested.
AWESOME I WILL!!!!!! Ash screamed as he ran out of the house.

Out Asking Friends to Come Over:
Ding-dong! The door-bell rang at Brads house.
Hay Ash, Brad said as he opened the door.
Brad! My mom is grilling, wanna come over? Ash asked.
Sure, hold on a sec, Brad said.
MOM!!! IM GOING TO ASHS!!! Brad yelled into the house.
Okay! Be back by 9:00 Brads mom yelled back.
OKAY!! Brad yelled.
K, Persian lets go, Brad said to the family Persian.
Meow, Persian let out.
Ash and Brad ran down the street to Tylers house and repeated the process.

After getting 9 friends Ash had one last stop, Ashleys.
Ding-Dong! The door bell rang.
Hiya Ash! Ashley let out as soon as she saw it was him.
H-hi Ashley. My mom is having a cook-out and I was wonderin, w-woul-would you like to come? Ash stuttered.
Sure! Let me go tell my mom, Ashley replied with excitements as she ran into the house being followed by her long Blonde hair.

At the Cook-out:
Ash this is great! Ashley said as she chomped away on her hot-dog.
Ash was about to say something but got cut off.
The gate door then pended reveling Professor Oak, his Kraby, and Gary.
Ash stared in horror.

Aegis
January 31st, 2006, 04:03 PM
Part 5: Practice Match round 1:Ash VS. Gary!!

Hi professor Oak, Im so glad you could make it! Delia said over the grill.
Me too Delia, oh I hope its okay if Gary tags along too? Professor Oak asked.
Sure! Hello Gary, boy have you grown, Ash and his friends are over there, Delia said as she pointed Ash and Maya out in theyre corner.
Thank you Miss Ketchum, Gary said as he strolled over to Thomas who was talking to Brad. Fortunately to Ash, Delia had gone back to talking to Professor Oak to take notice of Garys detour.
Few Im glad he didnt come over here, Maya said to Ash.
Me too, Ash agreed.
Hay Ash, come here a minute would ya? Gary asked.
Ash stayed put making not notice of Gary.
Cmon Ash, we dont bite, Gary said in a mocking tone.
Well obviously that was to much for Ash AND Maya.
Gary Shut Up, Maya said, not her usual self.
That must of shaken Gary up because Gary had stopped talking.
Now which tongue has Persian caught? Ash asked in a mocking tone.
Maya and Brad laughed along with Ash as Gary turned burgundy.
Laugh while you can Ash, but when we have the practice match tomorrow, well youd better hope youre not up against me! Gary said trying to sound cool. It didnt work.
Heh heh, well Gary YOUD better hop that youre not up against ASH or you are going down! Maya said. Ash grinned and turned red.
Time for Karaoke! Delia yelled. Immediately people lined up to get on the hill to perform.
Ash, you should do it, Maya said.
NO WAY! Ash cried.
O come on...Gary is, you should so you can prove you are better than him, Maya said.
Ash thought about that for a second. No way he was going to let Gary sing and beat him AGAIN.
Ash ran over to the line.

Garys Turn:
Gary walked up to the stage and started to sing:
Now a trainer has a voice,
to listen to the (Gary goes blank trying to think what comes next) in vibe.
And be what he wants to see!
And though the journey might be wrong
the battles make you (missing word)
and we always will---!
GARY!! If youre going to sing that song at least sing it right! Professor Oak yelled causing Gary to blush. Meanwhile while Professor Oak was yelling at Gary Ash remembered he use to play guitar and runs off to find it.
Ashs Turn:
Ash walked up on stage with his old guitar. Ash heard several cheers from the crowd as Ash started to play his guitar, playing the song one of his friends that moved away played for him before she left, the song is called Amy. But, after a few words Maya comes running up on stage and starts singing, to everyones surprise.
Ohdle-dit-doh, diddle-dai-diddle-daddle-deedle-ohdle-dit-doh, diddle-dai-doh-doh; ohdle-dit-doh, diddle-dai-diddle-dai-a-diddle-daddle-deedle-daiya-addle deedle da!
Can see why you think you belong to me
I never tried to make you think, or let you see one thing for yourself
But now your off with someone else and I'm alone
You see I thought that I might keep you for my own
Well I guess I was wrong

Amy what you wanna do?
I think I could stay with you
For a while, maybe longer if I do

Don't you think the time is right for us to find
All the things we thought weren't proper could be right in time
And can you see
Which way we should turn together or alone
I can never see whats right or what is wrong
(cause it'll take to long to see)

Amy what you wanna do?

(guitar solo)

Now it's come to what you want you've had your way
And all the things you thought before just faded into gray
And can't you see
That I don't know if it's you or if it's me
If it's one of us I'm sure we'll both will see
So take a look at me and tell me

Amy what you wanna do?
for a while, maybe longer
Longer if I do

yeah now
Amy what you wanna do?

I keep
Fallin' in and out of love with you
Fallin' in and out of love with you
Don't know what I'm gonna do, I keep
Fallin' in and out of love
With you
Maya crossed her arms in front of her as she finished. Everyone cheered (even Gary)! All the boys whistled as Ash and Maya came off the stage.
Ash, Maya, you two were great!! Brad cheered.
Yeah! Tyler and Tiffany Cheered.
Ash that was spectacular! Sophie yelled. Ash had forgotten that Sophie was there.
Professor Oak and Delia walked over and also congratulated Ash and Maya. The rest of the evening went well for Ash.
The Next Day:
Ash, Brad, Tyler, and Maya talked on their way to the clubhouse.
I hope we get to play basketball again, Ash said.
Yeah, and I hope your one MY team this time, Tyler said. Everyone laughed.
I hope we are all on a team with Sophie, Maya put in.
Yeah! they all said as they entered the clubhouse and went to the room.
Sophie was fiddling in a cabinet on the far wall as they entered.
Hello, you guys are early, Sophie, said.
Yeah, we couldnt wait to come! Ash said.
Yeah, I have been excited too, oh yeah thanks again for inviting me to your party last night Ash, Sophie said.
Sure! Ash said. He had completely forgotten that Sophie had been there!
Slowly the other kids came in and filled in the seats.

After all the kids are there:
Okay, today we are going to do a practice pokemon battle, I will now randomly pair you off now. Julia and Scott. John and Sarah. Maya and Tiffany. Ash and Gary. Brad and Thomas. Oh yeah, Tyler, you and Melinda. Markus and Jasmine. Is that everyone? Good lets go on out. Everyone trooped out through the poke-gardens and to the practice field.
Okay lets have Ash and Gary go first, Sophie decided. Ash and Gary gulped then went up to the stand where Sophie was handing out poke-balls.
Okay, Ash you will be team red team on the scoreboard and Gary youll be the blue, understood? Sophie asked.
Yes maam, Gary and Ash said.
Okay, Practice Match Round One: Ash VS Gary, BEGIN Sophie yelled.
Poke-ball go! Ash and Gary yelled as they through the red and white spheres through the air.
Ashs pokemon was a Weedle. Garys was a Caterpie.
Weedle use.... Ash started as he flipped through the attack had book.
POISON STING!!!! Ash finally found one.
Uh... Caterpie dodge it! Gary called out, but it was to late, the poison sting hit directly!
Caterpie went stumbling backwards before Gary called out Caterpie string Shot!
Weedle jump out of the way! Ash called. Weedle barely made it.
Weedle finish it with... Head but! Ash called. Weedle flew through the air and made another direst hit, sending Caterpie flying backwards.
Red team WINS! Sophie yelled.
Everyone cheered, except Gary.
Ash you did it! Maya cried as she gave Ash a high five.
Ash you beat Gary AGAIN!! Tyler cheered.
Ash grinned.

Back in the clubhouse, after all of the Battles:
Ash, I think you did really well in your first pokemon battle, Sophie said as she passed back the practice trainers exams. Ash slowly looked at his grade... 82, not to bad he thought. Then Ash heard Gary boasting over to some girls.
I made a 100! Gary told them.
Wow Gary Melinda said.
Hay Ash what did you make? Gary asked tauntingly.
A 82! Ash told him with a calm smile.
82, HAH! Gary siad.
I bet you didnt really make a 100 Gary! Ash said. Ash decided to prove this since some girls gasped. Ash ran over and snatched up Garys paper before he knew what hit him.
See, I knew it, a 69 Ash cried in victory.
I hate you, Gary said. But Ash didnt care, he just smiled.

Aegis
January 31st, 2006, 04:04 PM
Before the Legend

Part 6: The Talent Show Show-Off!!!

Oh gosh I hope Im not late, Ash thought to himself as he ran out the door 20 minutes late. He sighed as he ran down the street...why did he have to forget to set his alarm clock? He raced through town, into the clubhouse, ultimately bursting through the classroom door, breathing rather heavily. Ash turned a light shade of Scarlet when he noticed everyone was staring at him due to his wheezing, but he just shook it off as he went to his seat.
Good Morning Ash, we thought you werent going to make it... Im glad you could though, Sophie said to Ash as she wrote "TODAY" on the chalkboard in preparation to write the day's schedule.
Me too, Ash agreed as he sat down, all the while watching Sophie write. For some reason, he had been growing to love Sophie's handwriting. It was a neat and tidy italic script, which looked nothing like the Pidgey scrawling of his own writing, and just watching each letter appear on the chalkboard was a sight to behold. Inspired by this, he grabbed a piece of paper and attempted to copy some of the letters, but was interrupted by the bell.
Okay guys...we will start today by studying for the trainers exam some more, Sophie paused to glare at some kids, obviously for their bad grades, However...on Friday we will have talent night! The class began to cheer and chatter about what acts they wanted to do, but Ash seemed to be the most excited.
So...now Im gonna pair you into groups for talent night, Sophie explained to the class. Slowly Sophie paired them off...and before he knew it...Ash, Maya, Tyler, and Gary were the only ones left.
Anyone but Gary, Ash thought to himself.
Tyler and Maya! Sophie called out. A lump rose in Ashs throat.
So that leaves you two...Ash and Gary! Sophie exclaimed. Maya, Brad, and Tyler all looked at and whispered quietly, but Ash seemed crushed. "Bummer...now I can't play that Pokeflute solo I've been practicing on..." Ash sighed and turned his attention back to the chalkboard, where Sophie was explaining the nuances of each of the starter Pokemon.

---------

"Now...Im gonna give you guys 2 hours to work on talent night, Sophie said with a grin. "Just be sure to hold the talking down to a dull roar, so we don't disturb other classes."
Slowly everyone went to their partner and started chatting. Ash slowly trudged to Garys desk and looked into Garys eyes for a brief moment then shuddered.
Okay.... um...how bout we do a-, Ash got cut off.
A dance. Well do a dance! Gary said.
Sure, but youre not the boss, Ash retorted.
Says who? Gary asked in his taunting voice.
Says me thats who!! Ash and Gary looked up into the eyes of Sophie...practically steaming with anger.
O-oh...okay, Gary stuttered in a small voice.
Well I wanna do a- Ash got cut off too.
Im assigning parts and you two have... a dance, Sophie explained.
YES! Gary cheered.
Cool, Ash didnt really mind what he had.... he was a decent dancer, so maybe this wouldn't be so bad...
Ash and Gary started to show each other some of the dance moves they had before actually deciding on a dance. They decided on a custom made dance that they made up. Ash was itching to start practicing but it was time to leave.

On the Way home:
We came up with this REALY cool dance! Ash exclaimed to everyone.
Cool. We made a neat song! Maya told Ash and Brad.
Yeah and I have a solo.... AHH! Tyler said in a joking way. The others laughed.
As Ash and the others were walking Ash overheard Gary:
I came up with this cool dance and when I told Ash he could hardly breathe with excitement
Cool
Yeah
Does he like it then?
Duh he does
Um.... and YOU came up with it?
Um.... errrrr.... Yup I did
Ash was about to turn around and say somethin but got snapped got back to the conversation when Maya presented shocking news.
Um guys I may have some bad news. My dad says he might get this new job in a new region called Remnik and if we move I... Maya paused and held back a tear, wont be able to see you guys again Maya finished. Ash was shocked and from the looks on their faces Brad and Tyler were too.
Maya do you know for certain if you are moving? Ash asked dreading the answer.
No not yet, Maya replied gulping.
I hope you stay.... Ash said in a comforting way.
Yeah... Brad and Tyler put in.
Well even if I have to go Ill be here for another.... 2 weeks or so... Maya told them.
YAY!! Ash yelled.
Yes!!! Brad and Tyler said. Maya smiled.
You guys are great friends! Maya exclaimed. Ash, Brad, and Tyler blushed.
Well here is my house so Ill see you tomorrow! Tyler exclaimed as he went into a blue house. The others said their good byes and continued to walk.
Did you see the play-offs last night!? Brad asked excited.
Yeah! The Lavender Town Spirit WON!!!! Maya cheered.
It was Awesome! After they won a new episode of Pokeguardians came on... did you see it? Ash asked.
No but I really wanted to, Brad told them.
I did! Maya yelled.
Yeah it was GREAT!!! It was the awakening of Devin, the poke-guardian of Lapras! Ash explained.
Aww I wish I coulda seen it... Brad said in a daze.
Well this is my house, Maya said as she pointed to a red house.
So.... Ill see you two tomorrow.... bye, Maya said as she skipped to the house.
Wanna go to the Arcade? Ash asked.
Sure, Brad replied as they changed directions for the Arcade.

At the Arcade:
YES!! I beat you AGAIN, Brad cheered. Ash smiled.
A voice came on the loud speaker, Attention! Will everyone please leave.... it is closing time!
Darn! Brad said.
Oh well, Ash said with a smile of relief.
Well my moms prolly wonderin where I am so.... I should go any ways, Brad explained.
K see yah, Ash called as they left the arcade and walked off to there houses.

The rest of that week went good with the practice and all... but come Friday...

Friday morning:
Todays the day... the day I get to see you and Gary in the show! Delia cheered as she woke up Ash.
Oh... yeah, Ash said with a groan.
Aww come on itll be fun.. Delia reassured Ash.
Ash groaned and got up.
Well hurry down cause breakfast is waiting... Delia told Ash.
K Ash replied as he trudged down-stairs. His breakfast was good but... Ash couldnt shake off the feeling that Gary was gonna try to embarrass him or somethin at the talent show.
Bye bye Ash.... See you tonight! Delia called as Ash left.

Hey Ash! Maya called as Ash and Brad walked to the club.
Hey Maya, Ash and Brad called.
Im SOOOO nervous about the Talent Show... Maya exclaimed.
Im not! Brad said.
Im kinda nervous.. Ash told them.
I would be too if I ere you! You have Gary and theres no telling what he will do! Maya said.
Yeah.. Ash replied.
The three of them got to the club and walked in. On the door to the class room was a sign that read:

Okay I guess we go to the poke-gardens, Ash said.
Yeah! The others said laughing.
So the three friends walked out to the gorgeous poke-gardens and to the amphitheatre that lay within the gardens.
Finally they got there and saw that almost all the class was waiting.
Great! Thats everyone now lets get started practicing! Sophie exclaimed as Ash and friends walked up to the stage.
Okay lets have Tyler and Maya go first! Sophie told everyone.
Tyler gulped but Maya grinned and dragged Tyler up onto the stage. They put a disc in to the CD player and started to sing to one of Ashs favorite songs.... 2 B A Master! They started to sing:

Go! Go! Whoo!

So you want to be a Pokmon Master?

I got 2 B the one the only one who can
Withstand the test 'n B the best n'
I got 2 strive keep up the drive
B a Master
It takes certain kind of skill
And I won't stop until
150 Pokmon are mine
I must define the art of capture (of all Pokmon)
2 B a Master... Pokmon Master
I will B writin' a brand new chapter
PokBall Go...Go... (all the children sing)
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na

It's all about the evolution of Pokmon

Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
PokBall Go...Go... Pokmon

Got my badges and my PokBall
Got my buddy Pikachu 2 help me try
2 catch 'em all

Yo it's all about the evolution of the Pokmon
The training attaining N' bein'
part of the phenomenon
B a Pok master icon... Ha!
Team Rocket will B long gone
But first U gotta know about the different types
Grass, Fire, Ground, Flame, Electric,
Water, Rock, Flying, Ice, Normal, Bug,
Ghost, Fighting & Dragon...
Don't forget about Psychic!

I will B strivin' to the the greatest Master.

Pok-Ball Go...Go... (all the children sing)
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Greatest master of Pokmon

Mmmm... Somewhat impressive
Now you've reached your plateau
But not yet a hero
R U ready 2 meet and defeat... The Elite?
Can I expect survival against your Rival? Heh ha Hah
And remember... Gotta catch 'em all!
Show me what you've got!
PokBall Go...Go... PokBall Go!

I will B strivin' to be the greatest Master.

Pokmon Master
The greatest Master
Pokmon Master
The greatest Chapter

Sing it
Na na na na na na na na...
na na na na na na na na naaaa
na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na naaaaaa

The greatest Master of Pokmon

When they finished everyone clapped and cheered! Ash loved it they were great!!
WOW!!!! TYLER MAYA U TWO WERE GREAT!!!!!! Ash cheered.
YEAH THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! Brad put in. Tyler and Maya blushed as they sat down.
That was great Maya and Tyler. Next lets have Ash and Gary show us there dance... Sophie said.
Ash gulped. Ash slowly walked up on stage with Gary as they took their positions and the music started. Without realizing it Ash started to dance. He went through the steps then it was his Solo. Everything was going PERFECT!
I just hope everything goes like this tonight! Ash thought to himself.
Then it was Garys solo and before he knew it.... it was over.... he had done the practice perfectly.
Yeah Ash!! Maya cheered.
I did it! Whipeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Ash cheered.
That was great Ash and Gary! Sophie congratulated. Ash spent the rest of the day talking to Maya, Brad, and Tyler... well until 8:00 (when the talent night is).

At 8:00 (Time for the Show!):
Everyone sat behind the stage in the order they were to perform. Ash could here Sophie welcoming the parents,
Welcome to the Pokemon Dreamers Fan Club talent show! Sophie announced. Ash heard cheers from the crowd.
First today we have Tyler Renings and Maya Rodgers..... singing 2 B A Master!!! Sophie announced. More cheers. Ash saw Tyler and Maya stand up and walk up to the stage and take there positions as the music started. they sang again:

Go! Go! Whoo!

So you want to be a Pokmon Master?

I got 2 B the one the only one who can
Withstand the test 'n B the best n'
I got 2 strive keep up the drive
B a Master
It takes certain kind of skill
And I won't stop until
150 Pokmon are mine
I must define the art of capture (of all Pokmon)
PokBall Go...Go... (all the children sing)
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
PokBall Go...Go... Pokmon

Got my badges and my PokBall
Got my buddy Pikachu 2 help me try
2 catch 'em all

Yo it's all about the evolution of the Pokmon
The training attaining N' bein'
part of the phenomenon
B a Pok master icon... Ha!
Team Rocket will B long gone
But first U gotta know about the different types
Grass, Fire, Ground, Flame, Electric,
Water, Rock, Flying, Ice, Normal, Bug,
Ghost, Fighting & Dragon...
Don't forget about Psychic!

I will B strivin' to the the greatest Master.

Pok-Ball Go...Go... (all the children sing)
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na
Greatest master of Pokmon

Mmmm... Somewhat impressive
Now you've reached your plateau
But not yet a hero
R U ready 2 meet and defeat... The Elite?
Can I expect survival against your Rival? Heh ha Hah
And remember... Gotta catch 'em all!
Show me what you've got!
PokBall Go...Go... PokBall Go!

I will B strivin' to be the greatest Master.

Pokmon Master
The greatest Master
Pokmon Master
The greatest Chapter

Sing it
Na na na na na na na na...
na na na na na na na na naaaa
na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na naaaaaa

The greatest Master of Pokmon

The crowd erupted in to applause. Maya and Tyler bowed then stumbled back to their seats.
You did GREAT! Ash and Brad whispered to them.
Next up we have Ash Ketchum and Gary Oak dancing! Sophie announced. More cheers.
Ash got up and walked up the back stairs of the stage and took his position. The music started and Ash danced. Ash noticed Gary was not going with what they originally planned.... he was trying to do better! Ash was shocked. In a spin he saw Maya cheering and he wanted to wave to her. Well if Gary was going to show-off so was he! Ash started to do more fancy and appealing stuff then was planned too. Every time one of them did something like that the crowd cheered. Then Ash was shocked then tried not to laugh. Gary had attempted to do a forward flip at the end... but slipped and fell off the stage. The music stopped and Everyone (except Gary) laughed! All the kids ran out to the stage to look at him. Maya laughed really hard... causing Gary to practically cry with embarrassment. O-Okay t-that was good! Sophie said trying not to laugh to hard.
Lets hear it for Ash and Gary! Sophie said.
ASH! ASH! ASH! The crowd cheered.... Ash turned red with happiness.... Gary turned red with anger.

Aegis
January 31st, 2006, 04:05 PM
Okay I know this one isn't as good as the others, just bear with me!

Before the Legend
By: Jeffrey Latham

Part 7: A Shocking Experience!!

Player 1 wins! The Pokeguardians arcade game announced the day after the talent show.
Geez Tyler you won AGAIN! Cant you let one of us win? Maya asked jokingly.
Heh Heh well when your good your good! Tyler said. Everyone laughed.
Hey guys wanna come back to my place, get some pizza and spend the night? Ash asked.
Sure! Tyler replied.
Really? Id love too!!! Maya replied rather loudly.
Of course! Brad also replied.
So Ash went home, and the rest of the friends went to get their stuff.

At Ashs House:
DING-DONG! rang the doorbell for the third time in the past ten minutes. Ash pounded to the door closely followed by Maya and Brad.
Hey Tyler your FINALY here!!! Ash exclaimed laughing.
What? Its only been ten minutes! Tyler replied also laughing.
Ohhhh..... Sorry Ash replied. Making Tyler laugh.
Well can you guys please stop blocking the door and let me in? Tyler asked still laughing.
Oh yeah sure, the others replied.

After Tyler got all his things set up the friends anxiously waited for pizza.
Hey I know, lets play a video game, Maya suggested.
Sure, Ash and Tyler replied.
Well... I guess, Brad finally put in.
O.k. Ash what do yah have thats multi-player? Maya asked.
Ummmmm... Mario Party 6... Pokeguardians... Kirby Air Ride Super Smash Bros. Melee and.... The Crystal Mirror Ash replied as he rummaged through his games.
Maya, Brad, and Tyler all looked at each other Pokeguardians!! they all shouted together.
How did I know? Ash asked jokingly as he took the disc out of its case and inserted it into his game-cube. Time pasted quickly as the friends played until the doorbell rang.
PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They all cheered as the thundered to the door.
Um, I have two large pizzas for Ketchums the pizza boy told them.
Thats us! Tyler announced.
Okay then thats going to be $16.47, he told them as he handed them the pizza.
Here! Maya gave hi the money that was lying on the table.
Thanks and please order from Poke-Pizza! again soon, he said.
Thank you! the friends cheered as he left.

Some time later that night the credits rolled down the screen of Ashs TV as the friends finished watching the first Poke-Guardians movie, The rise of Sakura, the Poke-Guardian of Mew.
That was great! Maya cheered yawning.
Yeah it was Brad said, sounding half asleep.
Im so glad I bought it! Ash exclaimed.
Me too!! Tyler put in.
Time for bed!! Delia called out from her bedroom.
Okay Okay the friends said almost all at once as they settled into their sleeping bags.
Good night guys, Ash mumbled then fell asleep.
Nighty Night! Maya exclaimed then also fell asleep.
Night, Brad said almost asleep then drifted off to sleep.
See yah in the morning, Tyler let out before falling asleep.

Next Morning:
Yeah it was fun, thankx for having me over! Tyler said as he, the last person still at Ashs house, left.
Yeah! Bye! Ash called to him then went back inside.
Lets see whats on TV Ash thought to him-self, but he wasnt paying attention to the show, his mind was still thinking about the sleepover.

Monday Morning:
Okay Mom Im going! Ash called into the house as he walked out the door.
Okay bye! Delia called back.
I wonder what were doing today, Ash thought out loud as he walked to the club.
I have a treat for you guys today!!! Sophia exclaimed once everyone was in the classroom.
WHAT!? Everyone asked excitedly.
Were going to the zoo!! Sophia cheered, sounding excited.
YAY!!!!!!!!!! Everyone else cheered really loudly.
What are we waiting for? Lets go!!!! Sophie cheered as the kids lined up at the door.

On the road to the Zoo:
Its been sooooooo long since Ive been to the zoo! Maya exclaimed as they walked to the zoo.
Ive been wanting to go but havent been able to, Brad told them.
Same here, Ash also told them.
I went with girl friend a few weeks ago, it was really cool cause they said there getting a new exhibit so hopefully theyll have it today! Tyler told them.
YAY!! the others cheered as the group walked through the gates and into the zoo.
Okay Maam itll be $57:36 for this group, a man at the entry desk/both told Sophie.
Okay. Sophie pulled out a Pokemon Dreamers Fan Club Credit Card and paid for the group. Everyone filed trough the little scanning gates and went in the zoo.
This is so cool! Maya exclaimed.
Yeah! Ash agreed.
The group went on through the zoo pointing out there favorite pokemon. Until the went to a shiny new exhibit. Inside where lots of cute Pikachu!
Whoa! Look at them there so cute! Maya exclaimed.
Yup! Tyler agreed.
Ive never seen a Pikachu before, so this is a cool experience for me! Brad informed the others.
Cool Brad. Arent Pikachu electric pokemon? Ash asked.
I think so.. Maya thought out-loud. When Maya said that a small Pikachu bounded to the edge of the exhibit and stared at Ash. Then a yellow and blue aurora surrounded the Pikachu then sparks flew from it and lighting streaked at Ash and shocked him. Everyone gasped. Ash fell to the ground, un-conscious. Maya screamed and she, closely followed by Brad and Tyler went down to Ash.
Ash! Are you okay!? Maya asked worried.
Hes knocked out! Tyler told her.
Sophie quickly inspected Ash.
Hell be alright, Sophie told everyone.
Few, Tyler, Brad, and Maya all relived at once.
Im sorry Miss! a zoo worker cried as he ran to the Pikachu cage.
Bah! This ones been causing us trouble lately, well have to send it back to Professor Oak. the man told them.
Thats to bad, Sophie commented half-heartedly.
Yes, Yes it is, the man mumbled.