PDA

View Full Version : Activity Drop

Spectrum
February 2nd, 2006, 02:25 AM
The activity in this forum just keeps declining lately. While it is fair to say that the entire forum is slowly declining, this forum seems to be heading down that path a lot quicker than any other. And with the small amount of threads that are still present, the post quality is... disgraceful, but I can't figure out why. Is it lack of things to talk about, or is everyone going into hibernation?

Discuss.

Beatrice
February 2nd, 2006, 02:40 AM
What makes you so sure that it's declining quicker than any other forum, compaired to what forum? Statistics or something would be nice, seeing ththat this is all an opinion that you state as a fact.

Well, one reason I guess I support you are that maybe people are just getting tired of other members. It happens. Another is this thing called school. It can be very restrictive and may just have to sadly pull you away from the interenet :) Another thing is that maybe...nothing interesting is happening. Or better yet, Other Chat is too crowded with subforums.Those are all I can think of, but then again, this doesn't make your statement anymore true.

And speaking of lack of things to talk about...why do you make a thread about a lack of things to talk about? You're not really helping your cause D: Like...some strange form of irony...

Well if you want Other Chat it be more spiffy, then...I can't help you there o.0 Not much to discuss XD

Spectrum
February 2nd, 2006, 02:56 AM
I can't actually prove it to you, but I've been paying close attention, and this forum has gone from sometimes 20 threads per day to no more than 3 per day.

And it technically is something to discuss, but also an attempt to reliven the forum. >_>

Beatrice
February 2nd, 2006, 03:01 AM
But seeing the lack of things to talk about...I don't know what to talk about! D:

John Denver
February 2nd, 2006, 04:36 AM
It's because they moved the DCC to its own forum. The DCC works so fast that you post something, and while your waiting for a reply, you post somewhere else in the OC seeing as it's nice and right there. I still don't understand why they did something so pointless.

Of course, if the staff doesn't think it's pointless, it'd be nice to let the measley members know why.

Geometric-sama
February 2nd, 2006, 05:33 AM
Yeah, everything that used to go in OC is now in other places. It's sad, this place used to be so happy.

Bo Vine
February 2nd, 2006, 06:34 AM
Hmmm...I would never have known. My forums aren't very active either. Some flood error caused dozens of duplicate threads to appear. I thought that was bloody strange.

Overlord IX
February 2nd, 2006, 07:06 AM
Declining?.... Have you seen Sppf lately? whoop.

Geometric-sama
February 2nd, 2006, 07:26 AM
SPPF? Is it more active now? I never liked it much, posts get pruned too quickly... my ACCOUNT keeps getting pruned...

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 10:53 AM
Sorry, I can't contribute much to reliving the forum because of school.

As for other factors causing decline, I have no idea. Maybe video games and shifting interests? :P

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 11:59 AM
It all seems pretty active to me ^.^

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 12:36 PM
It all seems pretty active to me ^.^Airashii meant PC was having a temporary intellectual decline because of the lack of new/interesting threads. Of course the forum is still active if you refer to the chit-chat thread I understand.

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Airashii meant PC was having a temporary intellectual decline because of the lack of new/interesting threads. Of course the forum is still active if you refer to the chit-chat thread I understand.

Whoa. You're very brainy XD. Yeah, I figured that's what he meant. I don't know if it's a curse, but in every forum I go to, all the veterans seem to complain about the noobs all the time. It's inevitable to happen on any forum I think. Even on a huge forum like Gaia, people still complain about noobs.

Noobs! Grr!!! XD

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 12:49 PM
Whoa. You're very brainy XD. Yeah, I figured that's what he meant. I don't know if it's a curse, but in every forum I go to, all the veterans seem to complain about the noobs all the time. It's inevitable to happen on any forum I think. Even on a huge forum like Gaia, people still complain about noobs.

Noobs! Grr!!! XDAgreed, they need to move on or just get to know the noobs. But I understand them. They lack the recognition they think they deserve on the forum for being vets and believe the noobs know jack about how to make the forum great. I sometimes have trouble with noobs too, though, but it's ignorance--every time I leave and come back to PC I'd by dying to look for some old familiarity. Which in reality is quite impossible because people have to move on. I'd give a bad evaluation of newbs just because I feel too lazy to get to know them (just a temporary mood though; it goes away).

Hitokiri
February 2nd, 2006, 12:52 PM
Well, not everyone that's new is bad (look at me XD). It's just people that constantly break rules and think they're "all that and a bag of chips" that really bother me a lot at forums. I don't think it's so much the fact that the noobs bother em, but really that the forum doesn't have that same originality it did back then.

This is so true with every forum everwhere. It's inescapable.

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 12:56 PM
Well, not everyone that's new is bad (look at me XD). It's just people that constantly break rules and think they're "all that and a bag of chips" that really bother me a lot at forums. I don't think it's so much the fact that the noobs bother em, but really that the forum doesn't have that same originality it did back then.

This is so true with every forum everwhere. It's inescapable.Another way to put it, history repeats itself. XD <--- unorignality =D

MegaDitto
February 2nd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Nice to see you here adaci.

This forum is decreasing in activity. It was big in the past but seperating it into sections was a start for it. This forum in the past has got more posts than the DCC. Now it's the opposite . Everyone moves on and leaves.

22sa
February 2nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
Nice to see you here adaci.

This forum is decreasing in activity. It was big in the past but seperating it into sections was a start for it. This forum in the past has got more posts than the DCC. Now it's the opposite . Everyone moves on and leaves.Zai...... kiro? ;_; =) I had no way to recognize you except your e-mail. XD Then I noticed your revealing sig. XD

Kyourako... Kyourako....

Overlord IX
February 2nd, 2006, 06:20 PM
SPPF? Is it more active now? I never liked it much, posts get pruned too quickly... my ACCOUNT keeps getting pruned...

One thing about sppfis that its always filled with crap stuff. espicially around the misc section area. Its a bit better now except...

Otter Mii-kun
February 2nd, 2006, 06:34 PM
One thing about sppfis that its always filled with crap stuff. espicially around the misc section area. Its a bit better now except...
It's worth mentioning that SPPf's Clubs and Games sections require bureaucratic approval procedures also.

Overlord IX
February 2nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
It's worth mentioning that SPPf's Clubs and Games sections require bureaucratic approval procedures also.

No doubt. Plenty of law-enforcing needs to go around.

Fls4eva
February 3rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
PC's post quality ish really lousy.. it used ta' be very great.. The DCC used ta' be so crowded with like tons of people talking in there.. but now.. hardly much people can be seen around there.. And most of the time.. it's due ta' lack of topics ta' talk about..

Overlord IX
February 3rd, 2006, 07:10 PM
Maybe if we temporarly allowed spam?..... o.o

Fls4eva
February 4th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Maybe if we temporarly allowed spam?..... o.o

Temporarily allow spam?? No way!! The DCC will get all spammy.. and so will the other sections.. Moreover most of the really excellent spammers has already been banned..

Arcanine
February 4th, 2006, 07:20 PM
And we don't get enough pointless posts? <_<;;

Well, I wouldn't say we have an activity drop. We've been moving up the "Big Boards" list. We got over 1,100 new members last month. New threads on the other hand has been down for 3 months in a row. We got around 1,800 threads for Nov, Dec, and Jan (1,800 for each month). New posts on the other hand was around the same last month as it was a year ago. It's not an activity drop, forums goes up and down on things.
Now I do think we have a lack of "good posts" around PC.

It's because they moved the DCC to its own forum. The DCC works so fast that you post something, and while your waiting for a reply, you post somewhere else in the OC seeing as it's nice and right there. I still don't understand why they did something so pointless.

Of course, if the staff doesn't think it's pointless, it'd be nice to let the measley members know why. Whatever you say D.
Let me set you on the right path. If we didn't go monthly when it came to DCCs then the Autumn one would have a little over 32K posts (adding Nov DCC to the Autumn one). And if we had a Winter one right now we'd have over 31K posts in it. And Winter isn't over till the 20th of March. So, it was a stupid idea to have it's own forum, hm...
And we made a new forum for 3 reasons.
1: Since we wen't monthly we thought it'd be good to keep all the months in one place.
2: To keep all the DCCs in once place.
3: To DCC ban members, if someone flames or spams in there and it's not bad enough to get a temp ban on PC then we ban them from the DCC.
I said it before and I'll say it again, we don't need to tell members the reasons on why we do things. We got our reasons, doesn't mean we have to run out and tell everyone about them.

oni flygon
February 4th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I never really saw OC as a very active forum, well except for DCC. And this is another whine thread that's quite open to another onslaught of trolls coming from all sides. I can't really see the necessity of this thread except for some major whining and Andy already gave you the statistics...

*CLOSED*