PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day!!

Space Guard
February 6th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Like the title says, Valentines day is on 14th of Feb. Post what your giving your love ones or even who there too! Me? I'm trying to get a girl :(

Hitokiri
February 6th, 2006, 11:14 AM
My Girlfriend is really sweet and nice. She's already 16 sixteen so she's going to borrow her parents car and we're going to the Olive Garden.

I'm so excited to XD

Dawson
February 6th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I'm gonna be bold and assume that most people on this forum don't have a girl/boyfriend so I can't see this thread lasting.

I'm gonna do the boring, unoriginal stuff. A dozen red roses and a romantic meal at a nice restaurant.

Shadowfaith
February 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I'm getting no one nothing. I always thought Valentines day a waste of time, if you love someone they say it as soon as you feel ready to, don't save it for a special day. Anyways, this Valentines is going to suck big time because I know someone who likes me, but I only like him as a friend.

Himawarii
February 6th, 2006, 01:33 PM
V-day...time of love..too bad I don't treasure it muh V__V
^Like Ookami said above,a complete waste of my time.Plus,I don't feel comfortable enough to hang around guys alone.

But on course of family,we're going somewhere to eat ^-^ That's the kind of love I like to hang around <3

Rai
February 6th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Valentines Day is okay.....

The only thing I enjoy is all the chocolate <3 And hearts hanging all over the walls <3

But beside from that, I think it is a rather pointless holiday.

o.o;

Aegis
February 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I don't really have a g/f, even though my best friend is a girl. I don't have a crush on her though, we're just friends. If anything i guess we might go see a movie though...

Linoone
February 6th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I think the holiday's meaning has been distorted a bit, while it means almost the same thing, Valentine was a priest who married couples illegally centuries ago, I don't really remember the story but he was executed because of that o.o, oh, and I don't have a Gf...not one you can see at least..so I think it'd be a preety normal day for me

Sawyer
February 6th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Valentine's Day is overrated. (Yes, just like my friends list) At least, for me, it is. Each year, everybody has such a **** good time, everyone frollicks in the wind, and then there is always the one person who spends their Valentine's Day alone, without a person in the world to comfort them. I remember... last year, my girlfriend Fiona and I promised to spend Valentine's Day together, but two weeks before that she disappeared, for 15 months... just turned 15 on Feb. 3rd =/ Still not back... I'll probably spend it alone this time too, but I think I might have found someone. I don't know. If anyone would like to celebrate Anti Valentine's Day with me, send me a message =D

Lily
February 6th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Ones who had an unpleasant experience on Valentines Day will most likely come to dislike it, or that feeling might have been born from the start~

I show my little appreciation for the holiday in a joking matter. I really don't expect to get a guy. XD

Overlord IX
February 6th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I dun really bother much. Probably just giving away some flowers to a couple of school girls. But technically,Valentines day is somewat a waste of school time for me. I just want to get over it as quickly as possible.

DragonTrainer
February 6th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I'll be getting my love a single red rose and writing her the most specialest thing ever.

Cliche but expressive.

Lust
February 6th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Well, I don't have anyone special and I surprisingly don't like anyone in that way, so I don't know what I'll do. I'll figure something out, though.

Valentines Day rocks!

Space Guard
February 7th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I just sent a valentines rose to my hope-to-soon-be-girlfriend-type-thing today! Hope she's there!

Bocky
February 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Valentines Day is OK. I normally don't have a boyfriend on Valentines Day and it does make me upset, but as long as I just flirt with some single guys I think I'll be alright.

Dawg 2005
February 7th, 2006, 12:54 PM
I'm getting no one nothing. I always thought Valentines day a waste of time, if you love someone they say it as soon as you feel ready to, don't save it for a special day.
I agree 100%, why do you need to show someone you love them on one particular day? O_O

At school, you can order Carnations and on Valentines Day, they send them to the person, XD.

Alot of girls at school seem to like Valentines Day so I might send the girl I like flowers, I don't know. o.o

Everyone thinks I don't like Valentines Day because I'm single, but that's them, o.o.

I Want Your Skull
February 7th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I for one will be boycotting V Day. Whos with me?

John Denver
February 7th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I for one will be boycotting V Day. Whos with me?

I'll assume you're saying that because you have no special-someone this year...

I don't have a GF right now, thank goodness. I can't imagine getting one until I at least graduate.

Amy-chan
February 7th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Oh God, Valentine's Day.... *shudders* I rather dislike Valentine's Day, it's the time when the others at school target me for taunts because I'm always the only one alone. I support a boycott. I'm quite sick of all this pink and fluffy junk. *tears paper hearts from the walls*

Then again, that could just be because I'm a lonely, easily depressed, flamboyantly different grump, but...what the hey. *shrugs* I'm sorry about the above, this post caught me in a bad way. V Day isn't all that bad, for those who enjoy love. To that majority, a happy fluffy-pink day to you.

John Denver
February 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Oh God, Valentine's Day.... *shudders* I rather dislike Valentine's Day, it's the time when the others at school target me for taunts because I'm always the only one alone. I support a boycott. I'm quite sick of all this pink and fluffy junk. *tears paper hearts from the walls*

Then again, that could just be because I'm a lonely, easily depressed, flamboyantly different grump, but...what the hey. *shrugs* I'm sorry about the above, this post caught me in a bad way. V Day isn't all that bad, for those who enjoy love. To that majority, a happy fluffy-pink day to you.

No, you're not easily depressed and you're not different. You're just like every other attention craving social deviant that thinks that disagreeing with a majority somehow makes you hardcore.

You could just try making friends. Did you think of that? Instead of complaining that no one understands you, you could go and do something about like. You know why you're so lonely?.....Because you don't talk to anyone! You want everyone to come to you and talk to you and be your friend. Quit complaining about "pink and fluffy" junk

Kogenta
February 7th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I admit that I have never had a strong fondness for Valentine's Day. It feels rather . . . shallow to me. But, I also understand that not everyone perceives it in a similar manner. And, for many people, it is likely not as "shallow" as I see it.

At school, I made a decision to be alone because I enjoyed it. But, I will not press my social habits upon anyone else. And, I often enjoy viewing others when they find enjoyment. To those who celebrate Valentine's Day, I hope for them happiness. ^-^

I Want Your Skull
February 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I'll assume you're saying that because you have no special-someone this year...

Well, yeah...o.o; But I do like someone, but that's a complicated story.

Amy-chan
February 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM
No, you're not easily depressed and you're not different. You're just like every other attention craving social deviant that thinks that disagreeing with a majority somehow makes you hardcore.

You could just try making friends. Did you think of that? Instead of complaining that no one understands you, you could go and do something about like. You know why you're so lonely?.....Because you don't talk to anyone! You want everyone to come to you and talk to you and be your friend. Quit complaining about "pink and fluffy" junk
O.O

Um...Sorry...? ;.<

Hitokiri
February 8th, 2006, 05:44 AM
O.O

Um...Sorry...? ;.<

Yeah, all of John Denver's posts that I see lately have been some attack on somebody ._.

But I like Valentines day. Even if I didn't have someone to spend it with, it'd still be enjoyable.

Ryoutarou
February 8th, 2006, 05:47 AM
O.O

Um...Sorry...? ;.<
Don't bother posting if you're just going to break the word limit.

Fls4eva
February 8th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Well, I haven't got meh special someone yet so I'll probably just give away some tokens ta' meh close friends.. But even so, I love Valentines Day.. Cause I like recieving pressies from other friends.. and probably some admirers..

Chase Leader
February 9th, 2006, 11:20 PM
I was never all that into Valentines...but now that I don't have a girlfreind it kind of sucks...maybe I'll get a Valentine...or maybe I should give a Valentine...either way I have some decisions to make.

Lucid
February 10th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Neh~ Valentines Day = Halloween with Hearts. For a while now holidays have become just another day for me IRL. >.o I dont have anything planned, but I do like vday candy, so I might buy myself some, no shame in wanting to eat chocolate. >D!!

Space Guard
February 10th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Remember that rose I sent that girl? Well guess what? She just decided, oh, just before valentines day, lets pick some person of the street and go out with him! I was gob smacked, so looks like valentines day will be quite upsetting for me. I also wrote from ? so she will probably think it was from him. BUT!!! They stooped selling roses just as she went out with him so I probably still have a chance

Eon-Rider
February 10th, 2006, 08:10 AM
O_o

Well... Over here, we don't really do Valentine's Day...

Hitokiri
February 10th, 2006, 11:00 AM
O_o

Well... Over here, we don't really do Valentine's Day...

They don't have Valentines day in australia O_O?

Space Guard
February 11th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Its a shame that australia don't have valentines day, but its a real laugh as we have snt a prank rose to someone in our form saying that no one loves him!

Flashmew
February 11th, 2006, 09:12 AM
What is the point of Valentines day? you give a rose to a person you like? O_o

Micans
February 11th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Valentine's Day is useless. What they should do is replace it with a second Christmas or with a national holiday on which there's no school.

oni flygon
February 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Valentine's Day is useless. What they should do is replace it with a second Christmas or with a national holiday on which there's no school.
Valentine's Day is the feast day of Saint Valentine, who became the patron of lovers and tradition has caught on with it as lovers would do something extraordinary today and now in hedonistic American society, the whole value of it has been diluted to cupid and little pink paper hearts.

Otherwise, I'm seranading a special someone on that day...that's all...>>

Memory
February 11th, 2006, 12:03 PM
For Valentine's day, I'm hoping that this guy i like is going to get me at least a SMALL present, to make up for when he said he was going to get me a Christmas present and never did ><' *Sigh*

Micans
February 11th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Valentine's Day is the feast day of Saint Valentine, who became the patron of lovers and tradition has caught on with it as lovers would do something extraordinary today and now in hedonistic American society, the whole value of it has been diluted to cupid and little pink paper hearts.

Otherwise, I'm seranading a special someone on that day...that's all...>>

Saint Valentinus was Roman, so that's why Cupid is a part of it.

Space Guard
February 11th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Most people in my area broke up on friday, but not where I live, we have to pust up with another week of school, I reckon tuesday will be the worst for me.:(

Drifblim
February 11th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Stupid. Commercial. Gimmick.

It's also a trap for lovers. You want to make sure your bash is better than the one last year, so it can be tough on them. These days it's just a commercial holiday — that is, to shoehorn sales on that wireless router that doesn't work.

igtica
February 13th, 2006, 06:31 AM
I think it was a day made up by companies to sell us stuff
I agree with this...I've never had a valentine's day card...I'm not that interested...my boyfriend got upset when I said this as he's had a valentines day card every year (bar 1) since he was 6(he's 28 now)! So I had to get him a card and he's getting one for me...Seeing as he seems to care about it much more than me, I made him a card...it has a drawing of his fave cuddly sheep (fleecy) holding a 3D rose on a gold background with a gold edge..all mounted on a red card with transfers that say 'I love EWE! Always' ...i'm sad but I know he'll appreciate it...got him a pretty box of chocolates too...so we'll see what he thinks now I've made a real effort.

Overlord IX
February 13th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Usually expected from money grubbing companies who want to make big bucks over trivia occasions. 0_0
Anyway,i might be giving a large flower plushie to a special gal in my school. lolz Maybe V'day aint a big waste of time. ^^

Esupio
February 13th, 2006, 07:01 AM
gunna spend it being depressed

Reason:

Last day of school before half term (1 week holiday)
This random girl that really, really likes me just kinda comes outta now where and hugs me, guessed what. My girlfriend sees this happen and she thinks that I was hugging her on purpose and dumps me.

Space Guard
February 13th, 2006, 08:19 AM
It's tommorow and they decided to cut the price on roses from £1.50 to only £1.00!!! I can't believe it!

Micans
February 13th, 2006, 12:25 PM
gunna spend it being depressed

Reason:

Last day of school before half term (1 week holiday)
This random girl that really, really likes me just kinda comes outta now where and hugs me, guessed what. My girlfriend sees this happen and she thinks that I was hugging her on purpose and dumps me.

Get the girl who hugged you to tell her that it was her fault, not yours. Or just make the girl who hugged you your girlfriend. Unless she's ugly.

Kayleigh
February 13th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Even though I don't usually get anything from guys in real life (I'm not really close friends with any around my age at the moment...), I still love Valentine's Day! I think it's a cute holiday as long as people don't go overboard with it and keep things simple.

Plus, I still always get a lot of chocolate from my family members and friends, so I say bring it on! ^_~

Lust
February 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Here's a pick-up line that will work. "If you held up 12 roses in front of a mirror, you would see 13 of the most beautiful things in the world."

Mayl
February 13th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Hah, I have a friend born on Valentine's day. Guess what his name is????

...Valentino... XD

I wanted to burn all the roses I saw today at school for some reason... o_o

But I like this, it's sweet- "I give you 12 roses, 11 real and 1 fake... I'll love you until the last rose dies...." awwww :3

Esupio
February 14th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Get the girl who hugged you to tell her that it was her fault, not yours. Or just make the girl who hugged you your girlfriend. Unless she's ugly.
She is ugly. I hate her aswell.
I didn't even know the girl.

Micans
February 14th, 2006, 03:46 AM
She is ugly. I hate her aswell.
I didn't even know the girl.

Does your ex-girlfriend avoid you when you try to tell her what really happened?

Hitokiri
February 14th, 2006, 06:34 AM
It's Valentines day today!! Happy V-Day everybody!

Space Guard
February 14th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Here's a pick-up line that will work. "If you held up 12 roses in front of a mirror, you would see 13 of the most beautiful things in the world."
You mean that would work to get a girl to go out with you? The funnt thing was that when the rose was given out in class I started reading a book, just to be conspicus, but guess what? I had to get on eof my mates in tech to tell her, i am still waiting for either a) a kiss or b) A kick in the rude area.

EDIT: Hey i have an idea, after this thread dies, should i start a new thread entitled: Lines that get you the opposite sex (or something like that)

ponyta rules
February 15th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I really don't see the point in valentines day.All it is to me is another normal day.I don't see why some people like it so much really all it is,is a crappy card in the post who you don't even no who it's from and maybe a gift thats all i just don't see why thats so fun.For the past few years luckily haven't had any stupid cards from anybody and when i used to get them it probably was only my friends messing around.I also don't have a boyfriend and don't want one anytime soon either as i'm very happy as i am!Sorry it's a day late!

Kim
February 15th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I must commend whoever it was who told it straight up--indeed, the people who hate Valentine's the most are the ones who have no significant other. Well guess what? I never had a boyfriend for Valentine's Day when I was ya'll's age...and if I did? He didn't get me anything. But I still enjoyed it. My mom would do special things for us, and my friends and I would make gifts for each other. It's a holiday for LOVE--not just boyfriend/girlfriend love.

As for me? I had a WONDERFUL Valentine's day. I came home from college late Monday night, and found 18 pink roses and gardenias on my dining room table. And a big velvet box of chocolates.:) And my boyfriend is paying for me to get my nails done by the best woman in town next week (had to wait...she's prestigous, so she's busy). We went to lunch at a seafood restaraunt and watched Stargate S-G1 (yeah, we're dorks, haha). I unfortunately had to go to school for a half hour, and then I cooked an awesome dinner. And now I'm going to stop elaborating 'cause the rest is personal. ;)

For whoever said that you should express love everyday and not just one day, I feel so sorry for you. You obviously do not know the meaning of real love, and I hope you find it someday.

Space Guard
February 15th, 2006, 09:47 AM
The girl came and asked me if it was me that sent the rose, I said yes and she sid thanx and walked away, the person i asked to tell her that I sent the rose said that she was almost at breaking point, I have one advantage, i am getting MSn over the half term (well, okay dads mending it) And I have about 15 people that have added me, Maybe I can try some of those lines over MSN!

pokejungle
February 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Valentine's Day was lame.

I was sick at my house. D:

Hitokiri
February 15th, 2006, 11:28 AM

LOL, well I'm sorry ^_^;;

Valentines day was great. My girlfriend drove her and I to the Olive Garden and we pigged out. Good times...XD

pokejungle
February 15th, 2006, 11:34 AM
XD!

If I had the money~ I wouldn't taken some girl to Ciattii's. Yum.

Expensive restraunts <3

Space Guard
February 16th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I can now chat to my lover on MSN hopefully can persuade her otherwise to go of this freak, oops, she just replied gotta go!

Kura
February 16th, 2006, 11:44 AM

;o; awh.. poor Pauleh *huggles*
@@ Valentines Day was just like any other day for me ._.;;
We didn't even get a civies day at school for it ;o;.. so that extra-sucked..
Meh~