PDA

View Full Version : FG Interviews...Signomi :D

Forest Grovyle
February 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Forest Grovyle Interviews...

Signomi

I thought this'd be fun. :D I'm going to try my best to interview a few of the mods here on PC and report back my findings! XD People have been saying that OC needs a bit of life breathed back into it, so I'm going to try and do my part toward that XD (if you think this better belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it, but I thought it fit best here ^^;; ) So I asked the lovely Signomi if she would like to be interviewed, and wouldn't you know it, she accepted! So here's what happened...

For my first interview I had to make a rather long trek. I find Signomi on a farm, miles into the middle of nowhere. After checking the sign to make sure I have the right place, I knock on the door. Signomi, smiling, leads me to a room filled with fluffy, Chinchou-shaped cushions, and offers me a seat. I gladly take it; there’s only so far a Grovyle can walk without collapsing!

“Thank you for agreeing to this interview!” I say, taking out a pen and paper. I click the top of the biro and write my heading. Signomi nods, and proceeds to offer me a cup of herbal tea, which I accept, my throat being rather parched after all that walking. Once she has poured it out into a delicate china cup, I begin my questions.

“How did you find the PokCommunity?”

Signomi is quick to answer, “I was looking for scans of PokSpecial – the manga – so I did a Google search and ran into PC.” Ah yes, I think to myself. Google is useful for so many things! I take a sip of the tea – and may I add, it is gorgeous – if you ever stop off at Signomi’s place, be sure to ask for some!

“Ah!” I say, putting my cup down again. “And I bet you were glad of that!”

“Yup, I was,” Signomi smiles.

“So, did you stick around straight away,” I ask, “or lurk for a bit?”

Signomi thinks a bit before answering, “I lurked a bit for a few days, since I was too lazy to join…and I was a little sceptical at the fact that PC looked like a huge place.” She laughs and adds, “Newbie views, oh how you love ‘em.” She smiles again, “Then, eventually, I joined.”

I frantically write this down (it’s hard holding a pen with only two fingers, so it takes a while – but Signomi is patient!) before moving onto my next question. “Cool! I agree, it can be a bit daunting at first. I felt the same way when I was a newbie.” I chew on the end of my pen for a moment, “Now, I notice you are quite the talented artist! So tell me; what is your favourite kind of art?”

“I'm normally into Manga-style art, hence why I draw so many humanized figures and barely any animals or Pokmon,” says Signomi. “But I tend to find looking at surrealism of any kind very pleasing, as well as looking at realism.” She pauses and adds with a smile, “which is one of the main reasons as to why I'm a fan of yours.”

I turn bright red, “Well, shucks! I’m a fan of your art too!” I take another sip of the tea, and Signomi offers me a selection of Chinchou-shaped biscuits. Excellent! My mouth half-full, I ask, “And what’s your least favourite kind of art?”

“Anything that looks like a car crash…” she says, laughing. She clears her throat, “Actually, I don't think I have a least favourite, but I know that I tend to dislike any work that doesn't have a 'theme'.”

“I see,” I reply, writing it down. “Okay, let’s move back to the topic of PC. What’s your favourite thing to do whilst on the forums?”

“Lurk almost everywhere, as well as spy on what other members are doing at the Who's Online list.” I smile at her; I love to do this too! “I also like doing my job,” she adds, “which consists of lurking the Home of the Sprites and knowing when and where I need to close any threads.”

“Moderating is a very satisfying job!” I wink at her from my Chinchou-shaped cushion. Somewhere, a Wingull cries from outside. A Miltank moos softly from one of the surrounding fields. I laugh, “That reminds me! Any shout-outs to anybody?”

Signomi looks at the camera, a huge grin on her face, “Hi mum!”

We chuckle together for a moment before settling down. “Do you have any ambitions for the future?” I ask.

“One major one would be becoming a writer,” she says. This surprises me, as I am studying English Literature and love writing! It’s great to know that others do too! She continues, “I do tend to write a lot of poetry and fanfiction - but I'm too shy to post any of my works here - but if not that, then I'd want to be an artist.”

“Right!” I finish writing this down. “And I know that you’d make a great career of that!” Looking at the pile of Chinchou-shaped cushions, I feel a little silly for asking this question, but hey – it’s on my list! “What’s your favourite Pokmon and why?”

And without hesitation comes the expected answer – “Chinchou. No doubt about that, there's something about this one Pokmon that makes me want to go 'OMG <33333'!” I like this answer; underappreciated Pokmon are always welcome in my eyes!

“Okay!” I nod. “And what theme do you use on PC?”

“Altomare Light,” she answers. “It's good on my eyes and I feel rather comfortable with it. I also like its layout and colour scheme.”

“Ah yes,” I reply. “I prefer the dark themes myself, but some of the light themes are very nice indeed! On the topic of art – any advice for people who are thinking of trying some of their own?”

Signomi nods enthusiastically. “Try it,” she says simply. “Producing art can be quite a challenge but is perfect for testing out your skills - and it's also fun. Who knows? You might come out with a masterpiece; the possibilities are endless. But the fact remains is that you won't be getting anywhere with art if you don't try making something of your own - so why not give it a go?”

“I totally agree!” I say, smiling. “Art is something everybody can enjoy. And I know for a fact that I love seeing more people having a shot at it!” She nods back at me.

“Well, I think we’ve run out of time here,” I say, looking at my watch (don’t ask me why Grovyle wear watches. We’re just bad timekeepers). “Signomi, thank you so much for allowing me to interview you!”

Her response is interesting…

“Fwee~ Now back to....DATABASE ERROR! D; -refresh, refresh-”

------

If you'd like to see a certain mod interviewed, or if any other mods are interested in being interviewed, please reply and tell me so! XD

--FG

wakachamo
February 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
ZOMG! This is the greatest interview I've ever seen, and also the fact of the Chinchou-shaped cookies XDD

This is perfect! Every single word of it! Keep it up FG! ^_____^

Makoto
February 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
As I said in the Chat, nice one! Do you only do mod intervierws, or the whole staff? Or everybody?

Forest Grovyle
February 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Oh, it'd be anyone from the staff :D Whoever wants to be interviewed! XD I love doing this sort of thing as you find out things you never knew about people! ^^ Siggy was a great person to interview as she gave some nice long answers! :D
Thanks for your feedback, guys!!

--FG

Esupio
February 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I WANNA BE INTERVIEWED*shot* shame I'm not a staff memeber

Good idea FG ^^

Sammi
February 7th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I loved how you wrote it. It wasn't a typical script, it was more like a story. Your comments added to it, I think :3

Interview meeeee~ Nah, no one wants to hear it XD *gets shot*

...Isn't stalking people, erm, viewing who's online fun? =D

Kurosaki
February 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM
That was different... in a good way! XD
I liked it, you don't really read much like that anymore, XD
I wouldn't mind being interviewed sometime if you're bored or whatever, I always have a ton of free time to ditch. >>;;

John Denver
February 7th, 2006, 07:36 PM
This seems more like a fanfic than an interview

Whatever...I stopped reading after I noticed a hint of role playing, but I'll assume it's good.

Samurai X
February 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM
This is a good interview, nice writing. This should be like a weekly thing, at least until you run out of mods to interview. Anyway, awesome!!

Kogenta
February 7th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Amusing and interesting. The added descriptions gave energy and life to the interview. Well done, and thank you Forest Grovyle and Signomi.

Signomi
February 7th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Heh. I never knew you'd be writing up the interview like this, it was great! Thanks, FG. I had fun answering questions aswell :3

Forest Grovyle
February 8th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Wow, thanks for all the comments! *hugs!* ^^
I'd love to make this a weekly thing! :) I already have someone who's PMed me and is interested in being interviewed, and I can follow them up with you, Sammi and Kurosaki, if you like! :D
It's very fun to do, and hopefully adds to the community spirit! ^_^

--FG :)

Drummershuff
February 8th, 2006, 03:50 AM
O_o That was great ^^;; It was amusing and, i never read anything as long as that in a post, but i read all of it.
Keep it up --FG!!

Smarties-chan
February 8th, 2006, 04:59 AM
This thing pwns! ^________^
I take another sip of the tea, and Signomi offers me a selection of Chinchou-shaped biscuits. Excellent! My mouth half-full, I ask, “And what’s your least favourite kind of art?”
Signomi really lets people eat Chinchou shaped things? O_O

I absolutely love your writing style, it sounds more like a fanfic than an interview.
I'm looking forward to the next interview ^_^

Geometric-sama
February 8th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Oh, totally interview me! *bribes with a penguin* That was awesome @_@

Hitokiri
February 8th, 2006, 05:39 AM
That was a cool interview! XD

Too bad you only do mods. You should do new member interviews ^.^

Geometric-sama
February 8th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Rather than a fanfic, it's like a newspaper article :D

Maverick
February 8th, 2006, 07:44 AM
It's a nice read, it would've been better without all of those Pokemon references though. Afterall, this is the Other Chat forum where Pokemon shouldn't belong.

Geometric-sama
February 8th, 2006, 07:52 AM
This is still a Pokmon forum, though, and I think it adds a nice touch.

Suki
February 8th, 2006, 07:58 AM
I think that this interview was very cool and planned out. I love the Chinchou biscuits and cushions <3 Cute! Well done.

Forest Grovyle
February 8th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! :D
Yay! ^^ That was my intention, JA - to have it read more like a newspaper article! *hugs* I'll add you to the list of "potential interviewees!"
If I run out of mods who want to be interviewed, I can start interviewing members, too! ^^

--FG

Geometric-sama
February 8th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Well, the mod list is only so long :D. You could interview contest winners and stuff!

"Forest Grovyle: PC's Roving Reporter"

Shadowfaith
February 8th, 2006, 09:20 AM
FG, this is such an awesome idea XD

I've got some free time to kill most of the time, so I wouldn't mind an interview =D

I love this idea so much ^_^

Esupio
February 8th, 2006, 12:18 PM
FG, this is such an awesome idea XD

I've got some free time to kill most of the time, so I wouldn't mind an interview =D

I love this idea so much ^_^
*throws kunai* go kill the time then*Shot*

Wow, thanks for all the comments! *hugs!* ^^
I'd love to make this a weekly thing! :) I already have someone who's PMed me and is interested in being interviewed, and I can follow them up with you, Sammi and Kurosaki, if you like! :D
It's very fun to do, and hopefully adds to the community spirit! ^_^

--FG :)
who would you be refering too with the you thing?
I'm being curious today...

Cookie luvs Green
February 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM
This is awesome XD I love reading (and answering in XDDD) interviews. THIS ONE IS AWSHUM CUZ SIGGEH IZ IN IT YO D<<< +shot'd+ XD;

I love how you made it into a story like format =3 It's much more interesting and orginal then the regular Q+A type of interview. I will be looking forward for more interviews to read X3

Spectrum
February 8th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I'm an ex-staffer and two time ex-bannee, do me!

Maverick
February 9th, 2006, 01:04 AM
This is still a Pokmon forum, though, and I think it adds a nice touch.
Yeah, it does add a nice touch, there's no doubt about that. I just think that it may alienate the large portion of people on here who hate Pokmon.

I'm an ex-staffer and two time ex-bannee, do me!
Yeah, and after that maybe she could interview you.

Spectrum
February 9th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah, and after that maybe she could interview you.
Haha. Great minds think alike, eh? :)

Eon-Rider
February 9th, 2006, 01:48 AM
O.o

That was actually fun to read. >_>