PDA

View Full Version : Ruby hack: Pokemon Sage

Magnemite
February 14th, 2006, 06:40 PM
This is Masquerade™ Inc.'s first big production, Pokemon Sage. (I introduced this game as Pokémon Opal under the name roadkill856, but due to recent circumstances, I have changed the name.) Here's the info:

Hack Name
Pokemon Sage

Hack Of
Pokemon Ruby

Features
New Story
New Pokemon (mostly new pre-evolutions)
New Trainers
New Cities
New Gyms
New Hero
Just about everything is new!

Story
Welcome to the region of Raioh. Raioh is a region filled with many unevolved forms of Pokemon we already know. As a young hero, the son or daughter of a once legendary Pokemon trainer, who moves to Olde Bark Town, you are given a simple task by Professor Spruce. Upon returning to his lab, you recieve word that you have been invited to a prestigious Pokemon tournament. Unfortunately, you are not nearly the trainer that your father once was, and you don't have much time to raise your Pokemon before the Regal Tournament begins. Take the Pokemon Gym challenge, battle with Team Nova, and claim your place among the Pokemon legends!

I need help with sprites, so if you can offer me anything at all, I can offer you a place in the credits, and a role as either a gym leader, elite four, or regal tournament trainer.

Screens

pencilbuddy
February 14th, 2006, 06:52 PM
tbhe game is too cool beta 01.

Magnemite
February 14th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Sorry, no beta yet. The game isn't even .1% complete yet.

pencilbuddy
February 14th, 2006, 07:20 PM
cool screen shots maybe you should get a new boy and girl

Dark_Evan
February 14th, 2006, 07:24 PM
well

the starter pokemon are cool

fire - electric - ice

and screens look good

keep it up

Magnemite
February 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM
cool screen shots maybe you should get a new boy and girl

Don't worry, I will for sure. But I'm no good at spriting, so if someone can help me out with that, I'd really appreciate it. In the meantime, I'm going to try to do it myself...

Nox30_04
February 15th, 2006, 08:45 AM
if there is mostly pre-evolutions, will there be one of Onix? it could be about the size of a Arbok but purely a ground pokemon till it evolves.

naerian
February 15th, 2006, 12:46 PM
There could be a Tauros pre-evo: Bullaby (Bull and baby) ;) If you want, I can invent a names for a new pokemons ;)

revan323486
February 15th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Hmm.... Interesting idea with the preevolutions...this could develop nicely....

Magnemite
February 15th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I've already got most of the pre-evo's planned, and Tauros and Onix are on the list. Some others are Pinsir, Torkoal, Zangoose and uhh, well I can't remember any others at the moment, but there are several more.

revan323486
February 15th, 2006, 06:08 PM
hmmm....make a drowzy pre evolution ,yes? OMG Im talking like Yoda... Oh and make a Absol preevo...

Magnemite
February 15th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Hey everyone, I tried spriting, and here's my first Pokemon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/MurkrowEvo.png

It's an evolution of Murkrow. Let me know what you think. I don't have a name yet, but I'm thinking something along the lines of Murkrown, Murking, Murkondor... If you have any suggestions or opinions, let me know.

EDIT: I've also set up an official forum for Pokemon Sage. Here's the link: http://pokemonsage.proboards56.com/index.cgi

pencilbuddy
February 15th, 2006, 10:00 PM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

brotlov
February 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Pencillbuddy that's SPAM, now stop it! *Reports*

Morkula
February 15th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Oh look, that makes three warnings. Guess we all know what that means...

*gets giant boot*
*kicks pencilbuddy out into ocean*
Watch out for the sharks! :3

*two-week temp banned*

naerian
February 16th, 2006, 12:29 AM
So, can i invent names for a new pokemon? Onix preevo - Stony :P

PS. Murking is the best of that names.

x24
February 16th, 2006, 07:57 AM
I have a sprite for a pre ev Onix with a name already
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3189/onixpreev0nx.png
I have a version thats extracted from my banner..
(if ur interested, PM me, I have also made about 20 other Pre Evs and about 15 Evs with more to come..)

I really like ur Murkrow Ev.. Murkrown sounds the best for the name of it.. There are too many things with king in the name..

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 11:14 AM
UPDATE: I've made my own Onix Pre-evo sprite, and I'm probably going to call it "Soilix." It's a pure ground type, and here are its sprite, base stats, and pokedex entry.

Soilix
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/OnixPre-evo.png
Base Stats
HP: 30
Atk: 35
Def: 125
Spd: 50
Sp.A: 20
Sp.D: 35

Pokedex Entry
From birth, Soilix begins storing minerals from the rocks it eats. When it comes time for evolution, Soilix burrows deep underground and hibernates as the stored minerals form its new hard rocky skin.

Let me know what you think of Soilix.

@naerian: Sure, I'll take all the help I can get. Although I'm pretty good with the names, myself. But I'll still take yours into consideration.

Mail Jeevas
February 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM
So you want fakes? Here are a bunch I made a while.

Squirtile:http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/MulteonDX/Tototle.png
A good tip: You can make it evolve either into croconaw or wartortle depending on his strenght and defence.

Doomune: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/MulteonDX/Doomune.png
It can be an alternate evo of Poochyena...

Pikatios: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/MulteonDX/Pikatios.png
Don't ask...

Piraichu: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/MulteonDX/Piraichu.png
Pikachu and Raichu fused. It came to me when I saw Digimon Frontier :P

Pichzagoon: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/MulteonDX/Pichzagoon.png

Finally: Pikzagoonhttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/MulteonDX/Pikzagoon.png

I don't have the back sprites right now, but around the 23 of this month I can PM em to you.

ELGONZO!!!

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I'm not really interested in fusions of already existing Pokemon, although I really like all of those, especially Pichzagoon. I'm going to have all new Pokemon, sprited from scratch, but thanks anyway.

Scyther
February 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM
hmmmm this looks interesting for the evo of murkrow im sure ive seen parts of that sprite before
and for the evo of onix try and make it look 3d 2d,
as in maybe see the other eye. becuase it looks flat. otherwise ur doing well, i look forward to see things of this hack

Enter-Shikary
February 16th, 2006, 12:01 PM
huh your pre evo of onix looks really cool

EgiFuX
February 16th, 2006, 12:11 PM
I can be your corp. spriter. The proof that I am worthy is in my signature

Scyther
February 16th, 2006, 12:12 PM
I can be your corp. spriter. The proof that I am worthy is in my signature
no offence but looking at them trainers u need to learn to shade.

EgiFuX
February 16th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Maybe..........I will do shdes on all of my sprites and then show them to you OK?

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 12:29 PM
hmmmm this looks interesting for the evo of murkrow im sure ive seen parts of that sprite before
and for the evo of onix try and make it look 3d 2d,
as in maybe see the other eye. becuase it looks flat. otherwise ur doing well, i look forward to see things of this hack

Thanks for the advice. I just did the Soilix sprite this morning in about 10 minutes, so it's not final yet. As for the Murkrown sprite, if you've seen parts of it before, it's purely coincidental, because I did it completely from scratch.

Scyther
February 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
kk i look forward to seeing more on this hack, and goodluck with the sprites

EgiFuX
February 16th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I can handle everything with sprites don't worry

am i in or am i not Masquerade™ Inc.

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 01:11 PM
I can handle everything with sprites don't worry

am i in or am i not Masquerade™ Inc.

I like how your sprites look, I'm just not too sure about how they feel, know what I mean? Especially on the second one, it looks too cartoon-ish. It's heavily outlined, and the shading isn't too good. If you can show me some of your other work, then I'll consider it.

Scyther
February 16th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I like how your sprites look, I'm just not too sure about how they feel, know what I mean? Especially on the second one, it looks too cartoon-ish. It's heavily outlined, and the shading isn't too good. If you can show me some of your other work, then I'll consider it.
i may also say u cannot evalutate someone to ur inc here, it needs to be done in a hacking group thred......in the right forum...just to stop u lot getting in trouble

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 02:54 PM
UPDATE: I've just created a sprite for a Tauros Pre-evo, but I haven't thought of a good name yet. Some of my current ideas are "Delicalf" (Delicate+Calf) "Awkalf" (Awkward+Calf). I'm thinking about names along these lines because it is sort of a clumsy Pokemon. It stumbles around everywhere because it's not really used to walking, much like a newborn calf.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/TaurosPre-evo.png

Base Stats
HP: 45
Atk: 75
Def: 70
Spd: 70
Sp.A: 20
Sp.D: 45

i may also say u cannot evalutate someone to ur inc here, it needs to be done in a hacking group thred......in the right forum...just to stop u lot getting in trouble

Oh, I didn't know. Thanks for letting me know.

Scyther
February 16th, 2006, 03:03 PM
it looks too much like tauren but its a good sprite though, remember tauren is a male version of milktank*same goes in reverse*

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Tauren? I've never heard of it. I'll google it right now.

EDIT: Well, I couldn't find a sprite of Tauren, either on Google or here. All I found was WoW stuff. If you could show me what Tauren looks like, I'll try to change my sprite.

x24
February 16th, 2006, 03:09 PM
its tauros, not tauren :laugh:

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 03:11 PM
its tauros, not tauren :laugh:

Is that what he meant? I thought he meant there was another homemade Pokemon called Tauren. Well, it's kinda supposed to look like Tauros, as it is a pre-evolution of him...

Sunflorazumarill
February 16th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I have a couple Pokémon you could use!

SUNKARILL http://tinypic.com/b8l0i By Kiri
Seed Mouse Pokémon
Height: 1'4"
Weight: 19.0 lbs
Type: Grass/Water

Stats (as of Lv100)

HP: 300
Attack: 120
Defense: 160
Sp Atk: 120
Sp Def: 160
Speed: 140

Evolution

Sunkarill

Sunflorazumarill (Level 18 or Sun Stone)

Egg Data

Egg Group

Grass/Water 1/Fairy

Steps to Hatch

5,120 steps

Ability: Chlorophyll - When sunny, Speed doubles.

Ability: Thick Fat - Fire and Ice-type moves deal 50% damage.

Ability: Huge Power - Increases power of Pokémon's attacks, but the effect is halved when the Pokémon's ability is changed (by Skill Swap).

Type Affinity

Normal: 100%
Fighting: 100%
Flying: 200%
Poison: 200%
Ground: 50%
Rock: 100%
Bug: 200%
Ghost: 100%
Steel: 25%
Fire: 100%
Water: 25%
Grass: 100%
Electric: 100%
Psychic: 100%
Ice: 100%
Dragon: 100%
Dark: 100%

ATTACKS
Lv1: Absorb
Lv1: Tackle
Lv3: Defense Curl
Lv6: Growth
Lv6: Tail Whip
Lv10: Water Gun
Lv13: Mega Drain
Lv15: Rollout
Lv18: Ingrain
Lv21: Bubblebeam
Lv25: Endeavor
Lv28: Double-Edge
Lv30: Sunny Day
Lv36: Rain Dance
Lv37: Synthesis
Lv42: Giga Drain
Lv45: Hydro Pump

TM/HM
01: Focus Punch
03: Water Pulse
06: Toxic
07: Hail
09: Bullet Seed
10: Hidden Power
11: Sunny Day
13: Ice Beam
14: Blizzard
16: Light Screen
17: Protect
18: Rain Dance
19: Giga Drain
20: Safeguard
21: Frustration
22: Solarbeam
23: Iron Tail
27: Return
28: Dig
31: Brick Break
32: Double Team
33: Reflect
36: Sludge Bomb
42: Facade
43: Secret Power
44: Rest
45: Attract
01: Cut
03: Surf
04: Strength
05: Flash
06: Rock Smash
07: Waterfall
08: Dive

FR/LG/EM Move Tutor Moves
Mega Punch
Swords Dance
Mega Kick
Body Slam
Double-Edge
Seismic Toss
Mimic
Substitute

Emerald Move Tutor Moves
Dynamicpunch
Rollout
Snore
Icy Wind
Endure
Mud-Slap
Ice Punch
Swagger
Sleep Talk
Swift
Defense Curl

EGG
Grasswhistle
Light Screen
Encore
Present
Leech Seed
Amnesia
Nature Power
Future Sight
Curse
Belly Drum
Helping Hand
Perish Song
Supersonic
Substitute

SUNFLORAZUMARILL http://img24.exs.cx/img24/1504/sunflora_azumarill_fusion01.gif By Unknown Person
Bunny Flower Pokémon
Height: 2'7"
Weight: 63.0 lbs
Type: Grass/Water

Stats (as of Lv100)

HP: 360
Attack: 210
Defense: 220
Sp Atk: 270
Sp Def: 230
Speed: 160

Evolution

Sunkarill

Sunflorazumarill (Level 18 or Sun Stone)

Egg Data

Egg Group

Grass/Water 1/Fairy

Steps to Hatch

5,120 steps

Ability: Chlorophyll - When sunny, Speed doubles.

Ability: Thick Fat - Fire and Ice-type moves deal 50% damage.

Ability: Huge Power - Increases power of Pokémon's attacks, but the effect is halved when the Pokémon's ability is changed (by Skill Swap).

Type Affinity

Normal: 100%
Fighting: 100%
Flying: 200%
Poison: 200%
Ground: 50%
Rock: 100%
Bug: 200%
Ghost: 100%
Steel: 25%
Fire: 100%
Water: 25%
Grass: 100%
Electric: 100%
Psychic: 100%
Ice: 100%
Dragon: 100%
Dark: 100%

ATTACKS
Lv1: Absorb
Lv1: Tackle
Lv1: Pound
Lv3: Defense Curl
Lv6: Growth
Lv6: Tail Whip
Lv10: Water Gun
Lv13: Razor Leaf
Lv15: Rollout
Lv18: Ingrain
Lv24: Bubblebeam
Lv25: Bullet Seed
Lv30: Sunny Day
Lv34: Double-Edge
Lv37: Petal Dance
Lv42: Solarbeam
Lv45: Rain Dance
Lv57: Hydro Pump

TM/HM
01: Focus Punch
03: Water Pulse
06: Toxic
07: Hail
09: Bullet Seed
10: Hidden Power
11: Sunny Day
13: Ice Beam
14: Blizzard
15: Hyper Beam
16: Light Screen
17: Protect
18: Rain Dance
19: Giga Drain
20: Safeguard
21: Frustration
22: Solarbeam
23: Iron Tail
27: Return
28: Dig
31: Brick Break
32: Double Team
33: Reflect
36: Sludge Bomb
42: Facade
43: Secret Power
44: Rest
45: Attract
01: Cut
03: Surf
04: Strength
05: Flash
06: Rock Smash
07: Waterfall
08: Dive

FR/LG/EM Move Tutor Moves
Mega Punch
Swords Dance
Mega Kick
Body Slam
Double-Edge
Seismic Toss
Mimic
Substitute

Emerald Move Tutor Moves
Dynamicpunch
Rollout
Snore
Icy Wind
Endure
Mud-Slap
Ice Punch
Swagger
Sleep Talk
Swift
Defense Curl

Other Stuff

Sunflorazumarill overworld and backsprites

http://tinypic.com/bhzhwp.png By Omega Latios

Sunkarill and Sunflorazumarill overworld and backsprites (includes an alternate Sunkarill sprite)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dragonzlair2/Sunflorazumarill.png By amydamuffinlady

Magnemite
February 16th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks Sunflorazumarill, but right now I'm not using combinations of existing Pokemon. All the new ones in my game will be sprited from scratch. Thanks anyway.

Scyther
February 17th, 2006, 04:48 AM
sorry about that i play wow toomuch
Tauros is a male form of milktank the same as a reverse, having a calf which could evo into either would be a great eddition to ur hack

naerian
February 17th, 2006, 06:36 AM
I think the names for Tauros preevo could be Bullaby (Bull + Baby) or Buffilo (Buffalo + Filo (latin. - fillius - son)

EDIT:

You can do Mankey preevo - Smallape ;)

Magnemite
February 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestions naerian, but I think I'm going to stick with Delicalf. If anyone can make me a back sprite for Delicalf, I would really appreciate it.

naerian
February 18th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the suggestions naerian, but I think I'm going to stick with Delicalf. If anyone can make me a back sprite for Delicalf, I would really appreciate it.

So if I'm not needed, can I be the beta-tester in future?

Magnemite
February 18th, 2006, 03:03 PM
So if I'm not needed, can I be the beta-tester in future?

Sure, as soon as I have a beta ready (which probably won't be for a while), I'll let you know.

MrCheeseyPuff
February 18th, 2006, 03:07 PM
This hack sounds cool! I can't wait for the first beta to come out. Is it an ips or a full-size rom?

Magnemite
February 18th, 2006, 07:00 PM
It's a full size rom. I honestly don't know how to make an ips with the tools that I have.

naerian
February 18th, 2006, 11:49 PM
to make IPS get a Snestool, (i've got it on my server, but i can't post url's :/) add it to a directory with a hack and also copy clear rom to that directory.
Open Snestool and click on "Create IPS". Now Select on a left screen an unchanged rom and after that changed rom and ips will be created in that directory with roms.

Innocence
February 19th, 2006, 12:26 AM
It's a full size rom. I honestly don't know how to make an ips with the tools that I have.
Well you can't post it here then. The rules say so. I've only seen 1 decent hacker who can't stick to that rule, so you should have no problem. And all you have to do is read the help file. IPS patchers DO have help files don't they? Anyway, yes it's a good hack, but Delicalf sounds to much like a Miltank/Delibird fusion.

MrCheeseyPuff
February 19th, 2006, 10:40 AM

YES!!! My computer won't let me apply ipses, so I am thankful to you that you don't know how to make an ips file!! YES!!!

Magnemite
February 20th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the help. Now that I know how to make an ips, I can release the game here. (When it's done, of course.)

DarknessMonkey
February 20th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Interesting, very interesting indeed.
If you want I can come up with city name, trainers, or storyline ideas..?

A few names for Delicalf..

Mini-Taur
Minarus

MrCheeseyPuff
February 21st, 2006, 06:10 AM
YES!!! My computer won't let me apply ipses, so I am thankful to you that you don't know how to make an ips file!! YES!!!

Nevermind. Nox30_04 gave me and ips applicator tool and it works now so, cool!! Keep up the good work Masquerade Inc!

Magnemite
February 21st, 2006, 03:28 PM
Interesting, very interesting indeed.
If you want I can come up with city name, trainers, or storyline ideas..?

A few names for Delicalf..

Mini-Taur
Minarus

Oooooh... I really like Minitaur. I think I'll use that! Thanks a lot Dark Destiny. I'd like you to help me out with names from now on. I can give you a place in the credits, and a position as a Gym Leader, Elite Four, or Regal Tournament Trainer.

MrCheeseyPuff
February 21st, 2006, 08:09 PM
I know this might bug you a bit, but are we gonna see some more screens soon? I'm kinda drooling...

naerian
February 21st, 2006, 11:51 PM
I know this might bug you a bit, but are we gonna see some more screens soon? I'm kinda drooling...

oh yes, put some new screenshots, because your hack has got that something, that other hack haven't got. And if Dark Destiny will design new names, I can tell you which pokemon just must have a preevo :P

Magnemite
February 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
I haven't been working on the maps lately. I've been concentrating more on new Pokemon, stats, etc. I'll try really hard to get some screens of a few new cities and routes up tomorrow.

a_bathing_ape
February 22nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
Thats Cool I Like The Rock Thing And The Baby Starters

Magnemite
February 23rd, 2006, 03:23 PM
oh yes, put some new screenshots, because your hack has got that something, that other hack haven't got. And if Dark Destiny will design new names, I can tell you which pokemon just must have a preevo :P

For some reason my EliteMap isn't loading the rom, but as soon as I get this fixed, I'll have some new screens.

Barboach
February 23rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
Masquareade if u need help with pokemon sprites im here

Saq
February 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Hey your hack looks awesome :). Is it finished yet? Do you have a link to it?

Magnemite
February 24th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry, it's not done yet. No beta either. It's way too early for that. Maybe next week I'll have one out, but it will probably only be up to like the first or second badge.

Magnemite
February 26th, 2006, 06:16 PM
New Screens

The rom I was using was messed up, so I started over on the mapping, and I think this is a lot better. Without further ado, here is the new OLDE BARK TOWN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/2.jpg

Let me know what you think!

poke- nerd
February 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Olde Bark Town? Don't know about the the name, but it looks cool to me!

ethankaiba
February 26th, 2006, 07:11 PM
nice hack so ffar,dude.screenies are awesome xd!

yeah,the name needs work,but screens are tite xd!

poke- nerd
February 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM
What game did you hack, and what city? You definatly improved it!

Let me guess. Is it Fallarbor?

ethankaiba
February 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM
What game did you hack, and what city? You definatly improved it! he already said,he hacked a ruby rom,and you don't exactly ''hack a city''.you edit the world map.

read the above post,n00b.

MrCheeseyPuff
February 27th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I am looking forward to this hack so much!! I'm also trying to mop up all the drool that I made while reading this thread and looking at the pretty pictures. :P

Magnemite
February 27th, 2006, 08:16 PM
haha, thanks MrCheesyPuff.

MrCheeseyPuff
March 2nd, 2006, 06:23 PM
I'm serious!! This hack (for me) ranks up there pretty darned close to Dark_E's Dark Future and Return to Johto!!

Magnemite
March 2nd, 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm really glad you're looking forward to it, but I've been having lots of setbacks lately. I worked on the hack on my laptop for a while, but my mom took it away because I got one C on my report card, so now I'm going to have to try to find it and get it onto my desktop or start all over...

MrCheeseyPuff
March 3rd, 2006, 08:30 PM
GASP!!! NoooooooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOO!!!!! Do you have wireless connecty things on your laptop? If so, just turn it on and access it from your desktop. You'll never have to actually do anything with the laptop.

Magnemite
March 3rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
I can't because I can't even find the laptop.

Chizzy
March 4th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Masquerade, your hack (from a newbie) is really good. I've seen good progress and i think with hard work it could win hack of the year. The Minitaur Sprite was amazing and the screenshots are really Impressive.

Keep up the good work!!! & Good Luck!!!

matlee
March 4th, 2006, 02:49 AM
i loove this thread people keep it alive
i have scratch pokemon but there on my memory stick i don't have it on me lol hope you likeit.
could i be your spriter???
well here you go,sweetie
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/eeee.jpg
Backpic
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/backpick.jpg

EgiFuX
March 4th, 2006, 07:30 AM
how are these Masquerade„ Inc.'s:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/EgiFuX/elepro1.png
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/EgiFuX/elehed3.png

Magnemite
March 4th, 2006, 12:34 PM
@matlee: I can't really tell what that is. I don't mean to be critical, it just doesn't suit my tastes.

@EgiFuX: I like the sprites, but my only concern is that they are too big.

Chizzy
March 4th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Masquerade I have a pre of Likitounge, but it isn't that great, do you want it?

Magnemite
March 4th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Sure, I'll take a look at it. If you want, I can spruce it up.

Chizzy
March 5th, 2006, 01:14 AM
30971 Well, there you go...be warned...its not excellent...

Har D Har
March 5th, 2006, 09:44 AM
How about a evolved form of pinser, cause pinser alone sucks. And maybe your own version of deoxys, but not special, he's mine!

Magnemite
March 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Here are some of my ideas for new Secret Bases. Secret Bases have always been one of my favorite features of R/S/E, so I wanted to make some that will kick some serious azz.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/SecretBase0.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/SecretBase1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/SecretBase2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/SecretBase3.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/SecretBase4.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/SecretBase5.png

I don't know if the sand one and the brown cave will work out very well because there is no border between the ground and the end of the map, so I'll have to try those ones out. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Added the tree and bush maps, and I tested the brown cave and sand cave maps. I don't like the fact that there is no border, so I will probably edit these later. Also, I just realized that there is no rock in the blue cave, so I will add that when I fix the other maps.

matlee
March 6th, 2006, 03:57 AM
i have a manaphai sprite i made in my sig you can have that!

love the secret base maps

Chizzy
March 6th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Masquerade, are you gonna use my likitung pre? If you don't i understand, mind you, you can spruce it up as you said...If you do use it though (without too much ajustment) i would like credit if possible...

Magnemite
March 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
@Maneachicken: I don't think I'll use it. I've already got all of the pre-evos planned out, and there's no room for Likitung.

March 6th, 2006, 05:49 PM
can you tell me your pre evoloutions not including the ones you said in the fourm plz

Magnemite
March 6th, 2006, 06:24 PM
@6434: The most recent list includes:

Kangaskhan
Cubone
Zangoose
Tropius
Seviper
Torkoal
Lapras
Pinsir/Heracross (Will evolve into either)
Tauros
Onix
and possibly the prevos that have been released from Diamond/Pearl (Munchlax, Bonsly, etc.)

Har D Har
March 6th, 2006, 08:55 PM
How about a Porygon 3, and some new eevee evolutions.

x24
March 6th, 2006, 09:17 PM
why does cubone have a pre ev.. it doesnt need one its already got a wide enough move set, if youve read its dex info ud know it cries for its departed mother that it wears the skull of as a helmet, sounds like a childs actions to me, and good luck making it a good amount weaker..

one more question.. why does ur base have stairs in some of them.. some are ok, but if you could actually climb them (I dont know Ive never used the base feature), they'd allow you to walk against a non existant wall that borders how far you can walk.. it'll look wierd.. they look really nice otherwise..

Magnemite
March 6th, 2006, 09:54 PM
why does cubone have a pre ev.. it doesnt need one its already got a wide enough move set, if youve read its dex info ud know it cries for its departed mother that it wears the skull of as a helmet, sounds like a childs actions to me, and good luck making it a good amount weaker..

one more question.. why does ur base have stairs in some of them.. some are ok, but if you could actually climb them (I dont know Ive never used the base feature), they'd allow you to walk against a non existant wall that borders how far you can walk.. it'll look wierd.. they look really nice otherwise..

About Cubone: I know it's already weak, and I know it has a good movepool, but I'm doing it at the request of a friend. This game is more of a way to hold me over until Diamond and Pearl than anything else. I need a new Pokemon game to play, and what's better than playing one you make yourself? I am including secret features in the game that only I will know about, and it will be up to everyone else to figure them out.

About the Secret Bases: If you would read the post, you would see that I know about the border and that I changed it, I just haven't posted the new ones yet. Next time please enlighten yourself before criticizing.

pkmnfreak
March 6th, 2006, 10:21 PM
your hack is getting more interesting each time you post a screenshot
great hack you are making masquerade inc =D

naerian
March 7th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Oh, yeah! This hack is cool! Can't wait for a release!

Live Update King
March 7th, 2006, 10:26 AM
This hack is mint. I need something to play it on.

Chizzy
March 7th, 2006, 12:35 PM
OK...I understand...it did suck...my spriting needs work because all im really good at is revamps. Can't wait for release!

Magnemite
March 7th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with the hack. The scripts that stop a player from going to a certain aren't working. For example, when you try to leave Littleroot before speaking to May, there is nothing stopping you. Also, you can simply walk past Prof. Birch without going into his bag because there is nothing stopping you there either. Yes, I moved the scripts to the new locations, so I don't know why it's not working. Help?

March 7th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I aggre with har d har it will be radical if u had a porygon 3

Chizzy
March 8th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Masquade...I had this problem too once i was doing a hack...check on the discussion thread or post there...and Porygon 3...what shape? And i think we need a really good dragon evolution of Eevee!

Christos
March 8th, 2006, 10:29 AM
This hack is gonna be really cool

D-Man
March 8th, 2006, 12:27 PM
i'm a good spriter
so if you need me

Magnemite
March 8th, 2006, 05:21 PM
@D-Man: Can you show me some of your sprites?

Chizzy
March 8th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Masquade, did you post on the general discussion? can't wait for the release...how far are you map-wise?

Magnemite
March 9th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I posted, but I have yet to get a response. Map wise, I'm not far at all. Only the first two towns and one route are done so far...

UPDATE: If I can't fix the scripts, I may have to start over with the entire hack... again.

New Pokemon: Smalphin (Lapras Pre-evo)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/Smalphin.png

Base Stats:
HP:100
Atk:60
Def:60
Spd:45
Sp.A:60
Sp.D:80

I don't like how there is a large blank space on its back, but I can't think of anything to break up the monotony. Suggestions?

I've also decided on names for the other pre-evos.
Torkoal: Tortash (Tortoise+Ash)
Zangoose: Youngoose or Yungoose (Young+Mongoose)
Kangaskhan: Kublikhan (As in Genghis Khan and Kubla Khan)
Tropius: Palmzai or Palmsai (Palm+Bonsai)
Pinsir/Heracross: Muscoon (Muscle+Cocoon)
Seviper: ??? Suggestions?

Of course, none of these names are final yet, they're just the best I could come up with while dozing off in Physics today. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to help me out.

Chizzy
March 10th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Physics, i really suck at that...Year 10 is a tough year and Pre-name for seviper, um...(Serpant+Slither)=Serther?

Lil'Blaze
March 10th, 2006, 06:27 PM
seviper prevoultion name

Snake+Evil=Snevil

Zephyr+
March 10th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Very nice hack you've got going so far. I can't wait for more updates!

I have a couple preevos that I'd like to provide. They are preevos for Plusle and Minun, but I only have the Plusle's sprite. I can make the other one easily if you want them though. ^^

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2476/positscratch2lx.gif
Name: Posit
Type: Electric

...Yeah, like that. I hope this is okay, but I understand if you don't need them.

Lil'Blaze
March 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
thats a prtty good sprite if he doesnt use it(unlikely)can i use it

Har D Har
March 10th, 2006, 08:02 PM
awesome sprites. oh, and porygon 3 is like a jet plane with porygon colors.
i cant sprite, sorry.

Magnemite
March 10th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I really like that sprite, ZephyrPlusle. Perhaps you won't have to make another sprite. What do you think of making Posit neutral, and it can evolve into either Plusle or Minun? I've taken the liberty of recoloring the sprite and changing its tail to an equal sign to give you a visual. If you don't mind me changing it like this, that would be great. I'd be more than happy to give you a place in the credits, and, if you like, you could be one of my early gym leaders and have a Plusle/Minun double battle team?

Neutri
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/Neutri.png

What do you think?

Har D Har
March 10th, 2006, 08:17 PM
could in the elite 4?
My pokemon: Blastoise,Feraligator,Swampert.
All level 70.

Chizzy
March 10th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Masquarde...what about Serther, for the pre evo of Seviper...(Serpant+Slither)? Or swap it around...Slipant? or even Slithant?

Plus, mate...If your taking in Gym Leaders, can i be the seventh or the eighth?
Chiz-Fire & Ground- Houndoom Lv.50, Flareon Lv. 50, Tyrannitar Lv. 55, Arcanine Lv. 55, Dugtrio Lv. 55 & Typhlosion Lv. 60

How about it...and...any news on the scripting for The first town...any replies?

Magnemite
March 11th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Sorry guys, I don't need gym leaders. I just offered that to him because he's letting me use his sprite.

Also, I've come up with a sprite for the male hero, but I haven't decided on a color for the shirt, so I used pretty much every clothing color scheme, and when I ran out of that, I started taking colors from Pokemon. Let me know what color you like the best. I still need to add the backpack, but I just can't get it to look right. If someone can put a backpack on the sprite, I'd really appreciate it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/Hero.png

Assasinator
March 11th, 2006, 04:02 AM
i like the dark grey 1 but thats just my opinion but then again the pants doesnt match with it :S lol cant you make the pants that color either?? :P

Magnemite
March 11th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I might play around with some different pants colors today and see what I can come up with.

I added the backpack, and it doesn't look half bad. There are two styles. The one strap backpack, like in Ruby, and the regular backpack, like in Fire Red. Here they are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/HeroBackpack.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/HeroBackpack2.png

Let me know which you like best!

Assasinator
March 11th, 2006, 12:04 PM
you should try the red colors or white i think those match the best tho its your choice

Zephyr+
March 11th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I really like that sprite, ZephyrPlusle. Perhaps you won't have to make another sprite. What do you think of making Posit neutral, and it can evolve into either Plusle or Minun? I've taken the liberty of recoloring the sprite and changing its tail to an equal sign to give you a visual. If you don't mind me changing it like this, that would be great. I'd be more than happy to give you a place in the credits, and, if you like, you could be one of my early gym leaders and have a Plusle/Minun double battle team?

Neutri
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/roadkill856/Neutri.png

What do you think?
I guess that's okay. But, would it be too much trouble to change its name to Neutra? I just think it sounds better, but it's ultimately up to you.

And sure, I'd love to be an early Gym Leader. (I'm a girl, by the way) ^^

I like Red-orange for his shirt color, and the one-strap backpack.

If you ever need any more sprites, feel free to ask. ^^

Magnemite
March 11th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I guess that's okay. But, would it be too much trouble to change its name to Neutra? I just think it sounds better, but it's ultimately up to you.

And sure, I'd love to be an early Gym Leader. (I'm a girl, by the way) ^^

I like Red-orange for his shirt color, and the one-strap backpack.

If you ever need any more sprites, feel free to ask. ^^

Yeah, Neutra is no problem. Great, I'll make you like the second or third gym leader.

Kazan22
March 11th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I say go with sage green, it IS Pokemon Sage after all. and go with one strap, two makes it look like a vest

Chizzy
March 12th, 2006, 12:53 AM
I would go with one strap dark Grey...Personally that suits the charachter...

matlee
March 12th, 2006, 07:51 AM
ive got 2 more pre evo's

duschool duskull+school
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/duschool2.jpg

kangby
kangashkahn+baby
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/kangbi.jpg

^^^it finally came out of mums pouch lol

slght discolouration dew to photobucket ill send them to you on msn please ask me on pm for my addy

comments would be great

Live Update King
March 12th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Looking good so far. Hey notice a change on the botten on my post.

Assasinator
March 12th, 2006, 08:21 AM
i really like the kangby looks very good compared to the baby kangashkahn wears and duschool looks a bit strange. he looks good but on the other side not cool but thats my opinion (i can't sprite so they are good anyways)

Chizzy
March 12th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Here if you want to use it Masquarde, is a pre evolution of Execcute...31146

Remember Everyone, ALWAYS give credit.

Magnemite
March 12th, 2006, 10:07 AM
@matlee: The Kangaskhan pre-evo is good, but I'm already working on my own. I'll see how it comes out. The Duschool, however, looks a bit strange. Besides, I'm not planning on having a Duskull pre-evo in my game.

@Maneachicken: Sorry, I'm not going to have an Exeggcute Pre-evo in my game.

EgiFuX
March 12th, 2006, 10:19 AM
can you make me as a gym leader

Chizzy
March 12th, 2006, 01:09 PM
He has already rejected Others...You need to do something for him before he will even think of Letting you join...Just ask ME!

619er
March 13th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Wow this hack is really cool keep it up!

shadowben2
March 13th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Can I be a pokemorph gym leader here is the pic http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/shadowben2/Myfavoritepokemorphform.png if I cant be a pokemorph here is my pic and my pokemon Me:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/shadowben2/Ben2.png Pokemon:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f349/shadowben2/Mypokeparty.png

Kazan22
March 13th, 2006, 04:22 PM
he's not taking requests for gym leaders, he only let ZephyrPlusle do it because Zephyr let him use his sprite

xXkillaXx
March 13th, 2006, 06:54 PM
hey you can use this sprite(credit goes to Shylocke and fightingdreamer)for the evil team.

March 13th, 2006, 06:56 PM
I should make a multin and a divend like plusle and minun but multin has black and withe black backround white mulitply signes and mulitply signes and divend is chrismists colors green and red

Har D Har
March 13th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Will you have new eevee evolutions and a new deoxys like i suggested?

untitledmike
March 14th, 2006, 02:39 PM
here i have some scratch fake pokemon you can use them in the game if you want!! >>>> http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/fakemon/fakemoon.pngchoonga http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/fakemon/dolphinx.pngdolphinx http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/fakemon/gorillas.pnggorri http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/fakemon/appleworm.pngapworm http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/fakemon/vanilla.pngwoofus http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/fakemon/fakemon.png flatii and junga and finally chiisume http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/fakemon/myfakemon123.png
if i could be a gym leader can my name be Northal and heres my sprite character: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/rubybuster/My%20work/overworldcharacter.png

tharding6
March 14th, 2006, 05:56 PM
When is this comin out? If pinser and heracross are having a cacoon are they gonna have a wourm to?
Suggestions for Pre-evo of Seviper
Stingem (or something with sting)
Rattless (or something to do with rattle)

Any REAAAAL pumped!

Magnemite
March 15th, 2006, 04:32 PM
@untitledmike: Your sprites are okay, but they need some work. The shapes aren't flowing enough, and the shading isn't quite right, so I don't think I'll be using them.

@tharding6: It's not coming out for a while. I don't know if they'll have a worm. It seems like the logical thing to do, but I don't think I'm going to.

@xXKillaXx: I like the sprite, but I don't think I'll use it. Interesting fact: my cousin is the voice of Prince Zuko. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Lil'Blaze
March 15th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Seviper suggestion
snevil(Snake+evil)
skevil(Snake+kid+evil)
snark(snake+dark)
nice game btw

EgiFuX
March 17th, 2006, 05:17 AM
so what should i do to become the gym leader

Magnemite
March 17th, 2006, 03:42 PM
By contributing something useful to the game, I will consider you for a position as a gym leader.

EgiFuX
March 18th, 2006, 01:21 AM
do you need any custom sprites

Zephyr+
March 18th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I have a couple name suggestions for the Seviper pre-evo...

Shadith [Shadow+slither]

Fason [Fang+Poison]

Yamixic [Yami (Japanese for dark... I think)+Toxic

^^

matlee
March 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM
here are some things you may find useful
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/Tracey.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/shadowraq.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/dfgh.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/maxxxa.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/KING.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/mattyoverworld.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/matty.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/maxxa20tv.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/marina.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/femaleovrwrlds.png
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/female.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/ayecarumbaovrwrldz.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/ayecarumba.jpg

Pierrot.
March 23rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
Masquerade, I'm emailing you. Just letting you know while bumping this thread and saying...AWESOME.

Magnemite
March 23rd, 2006, 07:44 PM
Hey everyone, I've been sick for the past week, and I still am, so I haven't made any progress on the hack lately. I hope I can get back to working on it again soon.

Chizzy
March 24th, 2006, 11:30 AM
A good hacker never gives up...and i class you as not one of those...

YOU ARE A FANTASTIC HACKER!

EgiFuX
March 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM
so do you need any custom sprites

Magnemite
March 24th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I still need sprites of pre-evos for Zangoose, Seviper, Torkoal, Tropius, and Pinsir/Heracross.

pimp
March 24th, 2006, 04:48 PM
keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierrot.
March 24th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I havea name for a Seviper evolution.

vix : scarcely, hardly, with difficulty, barely.

Vixen. Themeaning of vix is above (Latin), and Vixen is a word.Vix=barely, since it's new and just born.

untitledmike
March 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM
i have a baby meowth and a baby torkoal here made by my friend MAJINX24
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/untitledsk8/bbb.png

the edit button didnt work so here is a baby pinsir and a baby tropius

T.R.S.M
March 25th, 2006, 11:19 AM
here is my pinsr pre evo NVG
snipster
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/snipster.jpg
also a seviper pre evo also nvg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/sevipre.jpg

LOL I'm better with trainers/ rockets lol
if you need any help with them just ask

Magnemite
March 25th, 2006, 01:20 PM
@untitledmike: Can you ask your friend if I can use the Torkoal sprite? I really like that one. I couldn't see the Pinsir or the Tropius sprites though.

@TRSM: Do you think you could do some trainer sprites and show them to me? I'd really appreciate it.

EgiFuX
March 25th, 2006, 01:49 PM
so what pkmn so you still need

Magnemite
March 25th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Zangoose, Seviper, Tropius, and Pinsir/Heracross.

Assasinator
March 26th, 2006, 02:38 AM
really masquerade your game is going to be the greatest hack until now together with naranja. I really like the idea of all those pre evo's

keep up the good work ;)

Chizzy
March 26th, 2006, 04:36 AM
Im going to try a pre-evo of Seviper Masquarde OK?

Tchilarna
March 26th, 2006, 09:30 AM
The hack's looking good, and I just wish I had some kind of skill to contribute to the effort.

SephirothX
June 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I can do sprites if you want.

Chris-h11
June 25th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Don't revive threads that are older than 30 days

REPORTED

Sylphiel
June 25th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Actually, there's a revival period of 60 days in this forum, not 30 days. Regardless, this thread is still past even that limit, so...

*closed*