PDA

View Full Version : This pisses me off!

Lust
February 14th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Please, read this (http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5184).

This is one of the reasons that I will never live in a sexcist country.

Kurono
February 14th, 2006, 07:58 PM
What the?

Are you kidding me?

A person is hanged for defending themself?

Their justice sytem needs to be revised....
Mostly because its non-ethical unethical...

I can't even express how wrong that is...

Drifblim
February 14th, 2006, 08:00 PM
That's misinterpretation of the Koran at work once more. And it's Iran, so that's a given, too.

Iran is generally a very religious nation that uses interpretations of the Koran for everything. Because the Shiite majority expects women to be docile, they won't want the woman defending herself against a sexual attack, and even more they hate a woman killing a man, so that took precedence in the trial.

John Denver
February 14th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Please, read this (http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5184).

Well...look at the people who run the government. It's just horrible, immoral, and unethical...and it makes no sense

Spectrum
February 14th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Soon enough will come the day when raping is not only permitted, but encouraged as a part of their society. I kid you not, because you should all know by now that the victims are almost always female.

God. -_-

Shiny Meganium
February 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM
That's totally pathetic! She was only defending herself, and she has to die for it. It's stupid.

Kim
February 15th, 2006, 08:42 AM
That is how their society is. Until the woman there decide they've had enough of it, we can do nothing. When we try, we become the enemy. (We as in civilized nations.)

In Iraq, if a woman is raped, she is banished from her home. It's a way to get back at enemies...rape their wife/daughter...and even if there is love in the household, the victim is banished and treated as a prostitute by all others. Their government encourages this. These nations are nothing but filth, but there are good people in them. THese good people need to leave, or start a powerful movement.

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.
February 15th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I don't really know what to say there! Thats really shocking i can't believe it!

Hitokiri
February 15th, 2006, 11:23 AM
That's absolutely horrible. I hate how people just stand around and watch things like this happen ._.

Ryoutarou
February 15th, 2006, 02:49 PM
That is how their society is. Until the woman there decide they've had enough of it, we can do nothing. When we try, we become the enemy. (We as in civilized nations.)

In Iraq, if a woman is raped, she is banished from her home. It's a way to get back at enemies...rape their wife/daughter...and even if there is love in the household, the victim is banished and treated as a prostitute by all others. Their government encourages this. These nations are nothing but filth, but there are good people in them. THese good people need to leave, or start a powerful movement.It's not as bad for women in Iraq right now. They still don't have a lot of the civil liberties that someone from the US would have, but it's getting better, even if it's happening slowly. I'm not sure if the "banished if raped" thing still stands though, a lot of that country is still set in older teachings. It's just now that the young kids are learning different things than their parents and grandparents learned, at least in the aspect of how others should be treated.

Even if someone tried to stand up against other countries like that, half the time I'm sure nothing would get off the ground, and if it did, chances are that it would fail. Wasn't there a failed coup in Iraq ten years back or so? That would have brought a new government, but it just showed how strong of a hold there was back then.

fallen_natsumixx
February 15th, 2006, 02:52 PM
... That is just sickening.

Flabébé
February 15th, 2006, 03:44 PM
This is sickning. I think that if they are getting raped they should have the chance to defend herself without being charged, more or less killed. Its sicking.

Jack O'Neill
February 15th, 2006, 04:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalism

Fundamentalism is the root behind this evil, as well as all other evils in the Middle East. Islam in general is not a bad religion; it's the fundamentalists who do **** like this that make it look bad in the eyes of others.

Persona
February 15th, 2006, 04:36 PM
well....nobody is fair in the middle east....i should know, my grandparents were born in egypt and so was i....i'm living in florida.....but i remember the things that they told me when i was there....so its not a big deal for me, i know that is just stupid for sum 1 2 get a death sentence just for protecting themselves, well thats how it is in the middle east. i understand that u ppl feel disgusted by this but 2 me......its normal....i hear it and i c it all the time........

Overlord IX
February 15th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Omg,that is so....so...so.....whats that word?.... Ah yes,UNFAIR! Yes,i think thats the word. Dam,how can they hang the VICTIM for doing something in a act of SELFDEFENCE?! Dam,its a crappy world out there.

Dawg 2005
February 16th, 2006, 02:58 PM

Holy crap. So...a person who was raped is being sentenced to death just because she defended herself? Tsk tsk, what's the world (well the Mid-East) coming to? -__-

Otter Mii-kun
February 16th, 2006, 03:15 PM
This situation comes as completely no suprise to me. Considering Iran's human rights violations and the danger that country poses to the rest of the world (especially with their nuclear program).

That's totally pathetic! She was only defending herself, and she has to die for it. It's stupid.
It's the way the Islamic governments in the Middle East work. But this DOES NOT mean that we need to invade them and overthrow their leaders.

Fundamentalism is the root behind this evil, as well as all other evils in the Middle East. Islam in general is not a bad religion; it's the fundamentalists who do **** like this that make it look bad in the eyes of others.
This kind of radicalism, in which their goal is to wipe out all infidels, has been happening since the beginnings of Islam back in the 6th Century AD.

-ottermi619-
Until the woman there decide they've had enough of it, we can do nothing....which will likely never happen since it's a part of their religion (strictly enforced in Saudi Arabia).

MUSION
February 16th, 2006, 03:31 PM
That is probably the most awful thing I have ever read! The injustice there is just mind-boggling. How do you get punished for defending yourself? What the hell is going on!?!

Lily
February 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Life is generally unfair.

I personally don't agree with the given punishment...then again, we can't exactly reform their government ourselves either. Either way, it's morally considered injustice amongst many.

Allstories
February 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM
We ought to invade them and overthrow their leaders.

MUSION
February 16th, 2006, 03:53 PM
We ought to invade them and overthrow their leaders.
I'm with that, I have actually been told (on account of my personality at times) that I'd make a great assassin! If my life doesn't go the way I hope (don't get job I want etc.) I'm either gonna be an assassin or the leader (or at least part) of a band of master thieves. If anybody has ever played a 'Sly Racoon' game (PS2), that's the kind of thing I mean.

Cloud_boy
February 16th, 2006, 03:54 PM
That is the most sickening thing I have ever seen! Why must god let people who do that to innocents live. That just made my hate for those ******* goverment grow, I just hope God has mercy on their soul when they die.

Otter Mii-kun
February 17th, 2006, 11:01 AM
We ought to invade them and overthrow their leaders.That's something I just cannot support.

Too bad, so sad, but it's not the job of the United States of America to bail out every country that has a brass fist dolt as their leader.

Before yous flip out at me again, SHOW ME where in the United Constitution and the Founding Fathers documents where it is our job to send off our young men and women to some war intended to crack down on nuclear weapons (or to just police the world in general), then flip the card to 'liberator', flip it AGAIN to 'liberator, flip the card again to 'free elections', then flip YET AGAIN to women's rights?

MUSION
February 17th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Too bad, so sad, but it's not the job of the United States of America to bail out every country that has a brass fist dolt as their leader.

Before yous flip out at me again, SHOW ME where in the United Constitution and the Founding Fathers documents where it is our job to send off our young men and women to some war intended to crack down on nuclear weapons (or to just police the world in general), then flip the card to 'liberator', flip it AGAIN to 'liberator, flip the card again to 'free elections', then flip YET AGAIN to women's rights?

You do strike a good point there, I have to admit. Maybe countries should have to sort out their problems theirselves. I don't know what should be the 'policy' should be though.

By the way, I'm not American.

Otter Mii-kun
February 17th, 2006, 12:56 PM
You do strike a good point there, I have to admit. Maybe countries should have to sort out their problems theirselves. I don't know what should be the 'policy' should be though.

By the way, I'm not American.Then is your country participating in the War in Iraq also (let alone having an interventionist foreign policy of playing globocop)?

Plus, I was specifically targeting Allstories' remark

MUSION
February 17th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm from/in England, so yeah, my country is participating. I live in the city of Nottingham, it's one of the biggest cities here.

Allstories
February 17th, 2006, 01:46 PM
I was actually kidding with my comment. I haven't actually decided where I stand on the issue. Whatever they do will happen regardless of my opinion, though, so I haven't really put too much thought into it.

Jaybob
February 17th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I agree with Lust here. That has pissed me off so bad! who the hell would do that kind of stuff yeesh that makes me sick. And I dunno what your talking about, the countries at war but I'm in England who is at war with them to.

Kim
February 19th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Why are you incorporating the war in Iraq with how women are treated in Saudi Arabia, Otter? It has nothing to do with that. How you came up with that is beyond me, but I'm curious now, to see how badly the media is brainwashing people into thinking these things.

As for a movement happening there, we've offered them a solution. Until they really want change, they're SOL. If their religion is keeping them there, then they willingly die. Who am I to say they aren't allowed to willingly die?

Looking at it from their prospective, it isn't bad, is it? But to us, it is.

Food for thought.

John Denver
February 19th, 2006, 10:42 AM

The constitution tells of the rights and freedoms of the people. Government power is determined by the type of democracy...and it's an Inherrent Executive power, so yes, they can do it...

pwned

DarkThunder
February 22nd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Murdered for defending yourself? Either it's me or countries are more strict these days.

Persona
February 22nd, 2006, 02:14 PM
i understand ppl, murdered for defending herself is the stupidest thing ever but it's NORMAL and 1 day i hope they will all be gone......guns,bicultureism,sexist countries,rasism, etc.

Krusty
February 22nd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

Some loyal boyfriends >_>... freaking cowards, they should be hanged as well.

But a big wth is going on? This is absolutely pathetic, kill the victims and avenge the problems. Thats a great way to uphold justice.

Drifblim
February 22nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
All because they're countries that depend on oil, and with this oil they give money to governments that endorse this.

If they had no oil (which will be so in the next century), they'll kill each other off. Maybe Turkey, Russia, or India will claim the area once these countries are gone....

John Denver
February 22nd, 2006, 07:49 PM
All because they're countries that depend on oil, and with this oil they give money to governments that endorse this.

If they had no oil (which will be so in the next century), they'll kill each other off. Maybe Turkey, Russia, or India will claim the area once these countries are gone....

How the hell does this have anything to do with oil? This has to do with customs and ethics and the muslim religion...

Kim
February 23rd, 2006, 08:14 AM
hahahahaa omgggggggzzzzz Crystal you made me laugh.

serpenter
February 24th, 2006, 08:48 AM
thats not right...
if thats part of their religon then their religion is... backwards
isint it sorpost to be the offender whe gets hung?...
thats just sick...
its as if their saying its her fault for being their in the first place