View Full Version : Post what you think about the new movie- Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! (SPOILERS!)

February 19th, 2006, 7:14 PM
I think it's a really good movie, but so sad at the end. :(

February 20th, 2006, 2:20 PM
Considering the fact that the movie hasen't release domestically yet in the states I don't think many have seen it (aside from those who download from the links posted in the episode clips thread of course), so you probably wont get too many answers.

I for one loved it. Its was a very fun movie with plenty of tounching moments too.

February 20th, 2006, 2:24 PM
Does it reveal Manyula's English name?

February 20th, 2006, 2:59 PM
Don't you think you should wait until the movie is released in USA and Europe before you have a thread like this?

February 20th, 2006, 3:39 PM
Does it reveal Manyula's English name?

Nope, sorry. The movie itself is in Japanese, so there are no english Pokemon names. When it is out in English it will tell us the names of Manene and Manyula, though. That is, if Nintendo doesn't tell us first!:)

February 20th, 2006, 7:02 PM
Hm. I dunno what it will be like, but from the summary on Serebii.net, it sounds great. I think I might try downloading it. I have no money to buy it when it comes out anyway. XD

February 20th, 2006, 10:56 PM
That movie is sooo hot @_@ Although I guess when you look at it again, the story/plotline is kinda pointless, but then it's not. It's like an RPG, right? You go out of your way and end up gaining nothing. ^^; (No real spoiler there, I think. I dont' think I even made sense.)

But very, very, good shots of Satoshi. I squealed like a fangirl. XDD

Ah, and I believe Usohachii's dub name might be Seedoweedo? Wasn't it on Serebii.net? o-oa

February 21st, 2006, 8:59 AM
I'm debating on locking this, only for spoilers and pointlessness.

If there were enough who watched the Japanese version, I could leave it open. But I don't think there is much demand.

I'll leave it up for the day, then close it, I guess.

February 21st, 2006, 11:05 AM
I loved this movie! It has now become one of my favorites, up there with the ones with Jirachi and Lugia. To me, it is the relationship between pokemon and their trainers which is the most appealing part of pokemon in general. This movie had lots of really nice parts that sort of explored that relationship; with both Ash/Pikachu and Aaron/Lucario. It was touching and sad at parts, and that's what made it so interesting. Plus, I like time travel and stuff. ^^;; I felt so sorry for Lucario.

But, erm, yeah not too many people have seen it yet unless they have a lot of time to download on the Internet (or have a fast hookup like yours truly).

February 21st, 2006, 2:27 PM
Loock it? Maybe. Maybe there should be a spoiler tag or something. then again, there was a summary on Serebii.net, right? I'm sure people who were interested might've taken a peek at the summary. XD

February 23rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
Fair enough, I'll edit the thread title. Whee.

February 24th, 2006, 8:28 PM
it said in a site it might come out this december and members say in march or april

Crystal Clair
February 25th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Well, like Destiny Deoxys, it'll probably come out towards the summer around June or July. I wouldn't be able to wait until next December.
I really wanna download this movie but it's just too big so. I'll talk my friend who has a bunch of extra harddrives and get permission. I really want to see it subtitled too and so I can see Kid. She's so hot and cute!

February 26th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Man I loved that movie. I was about to cry when Rukario disappears. They beat Naruto, Zatchbell, Detective Conan and other anime movies

Jude Mathis
February 28th, 2006, 5:43 PM
Are they actually calling it Lucario and the Mystery of Mew? ..... oO; Good Lords...

February 28th, 2006, 8:21 PM
Mew And The Castle Of Caos.do Some Reaserch Or It Will Be Mew And And The Mystery Of Loocario

March 1st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Actually, grandadvanceshipper, I did some research on Bulbagarden, and found that the title "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" was the title given out by a magazine published by Pokemon USA, and I'm afraid you can't get any more official than that as of now.

Besides, that's what Dark Weezing said it was in another thread, based on what was posted on Serebii so... don't get mad at Drew, she was just going off of what everyone else on here was saying. ^^

March 4th, 2006, 9:45 AM
this is the best Pokemon Movie in many years.. it was so exciting and the story was just fantastic, the animation was done quite well, and the overall 'feel' of the movie was great.

great action, lots of tear making moments, and Mew as playful as ever.. gotta love it!

March 4th, 2006, 9:48 AM
This might possibly be out of place here but, when is it being released in the USA?

Jude Mathis
March 4th, 2006, 3:10 PM
I heard it was sometime soon, actually. In May or something...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 5th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I seen some of the movie and did not understand it. This movie was suppost to come out in December 2005 but it did not. I dont know why they just cant give Manuyla and Manane there English names. Soon they are going to have to do this because of the Battle frontier series for the US. Also this is interupting the mystery Dungeon games that are suppost to come out this year.

~Dark Venusaur

Forci Stikane
March 7th, 2006, 3:34 PM

Please retype!!

March 13th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I downloaded it in subbs and watched it, but I didn't have any audio so I watched it silently with sub-captions at the bottom, it was really weird, but I got the story I think...lol, I still can't wait until it comes out in USA though, cause then I'll be able to REALLY watch it, XP

March 17th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Look that movie was nothing but a waste of time it was so boring they really didn't tell a lot about Lucario and in the end he dies
A quick summary:Mew and The Wave of Lucario sucked

Egyptian Sphinx
March 17th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I myself for one have not seen the movie yet. So I will buy it when it comes out ^_^

March 17th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I finally downloaded it and watched it.

The animation was really beautiful, I really loved it. The story was confusing too say the least, the waves, then the Tree of Origin, then Aaron sealing Lucario, then Mew, then the "blood cells" eliminating the bacteria, then the whole tree dying... for some reason.

I left kind of scratching my head, I'm sure that in the dub they will make it a little simpler.

At some points I felt bored, the story doesn't really move any where. There are no villians, even though you think Kid is one in the beginning. Everything only happens because Mew borrows Pikachu and Meowth to play with them, it's not really that exciting.

I shed a tear though at the end, and when Ash was exterminated and Pikachu grabbed onto his hand. Oh my god, that was cute.

March 18th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Good so far! I kinda like it! But when I downloaded it, I couldn't hear anything!

March 18th, 2006, 4:17 AM
I am dying to see this movie. Not all movies have a villian. The 7th one didnt really have one. Deoxys is never really seen as a BAD GUY. I think it will be good. Why even chnage Manyula, it sounds great and cal Manaene Manamime.

March 20th, 2006, 7:40 AM
i thought it was quite good
japanese version obviously do not know what the dub will be like
but it is obvious from this film that the series has grown up a bit in ten years

March 20th, 2006, 10:04 AM
its good but i prefered the japanese title "mew and the wave guiding hero"

April 13th, 2006, 9:19 AM
I havent seen it yet, but i think its a nice movie! :latias:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 13th, 2006, 12:58 PM
For those people that seen it why don't you put the movie up on this thread

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Roxie Mika
April 17th, 2006, 8:08 AM
Two reasons, because it's illegal, and because it's an xbox-huge file. n.n