PDA

View Full Version : You know you like Yu-Gi-Oh too much when...

Deoxys55
March 24th, 2004, 02:45 PM
You carve the name of your favorite character onto your wall
You write the name of you favorite character on your shoes
You have the picture of you're char. as your desktop background

Submit more pleeze!

Rift
March 24th, 2004, 04:14 PM
you have a Boston accent when you live no where near Boston XD
you have a sudden urge to visit Egypt
you have an imaginary alter ego XD

Cherrim
March 24th, 2004, 05:01 PM
You carve the name of your favorite character onto your wall
I wrote it on the wall in pencil before it was painted. ^_^ Now there are posters of him all over the walls.
You write the name of you favorite character on your shoes
._. My shoes are ugly. I wouldn't disgrace him like that. I wear a post-it note with his picture drawn on it over my school crest sometimes, though.
You have the picture of you're char. as your desktop background
Somewhere in every desktop. Most of them featuring just him. ^_^
you have a Boston accent when you live no where near Boston XD
Nope o.o
you have a sudden urge to visit Egypt
Yeah, and the visit to the Ancient Egypt exhibit at the museum didn't help. X3
you have an imaginary alter ego XD
*nodnod* Kha's nifty. x3

You refer to your favourite character as your God (or King, or idol, etc...)
You randomly scream out the name of your favourite character whenever you think of or are reminded of them
Someone can describe/show you a screenshot and you can give them a detailed summary of the episode it's from
Most or all of the things you've bought in the last few months are related to YGO
You start naming inanimate objects after the characters
You refuse to do something because it seems like something your least favourite character would do
You scower EVERY Starbucks you see just to see if Yami Yuugi is there

:3 Guilty of all of the above I listed.

Deoxys55
March 24th, 2004, 05:15 PM
XD I'm guilty of all the ones I listed. **Can't think of any more resons**

Evil Togepi
March 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM
When your crazy enough to spend 12+ hours downloading raw Japanese episodes through bit torrent on a slow modem... O_o;;

Neko
April 2nd, 2004, 11:48 PM
hmm.. Besides having my favorite coupling on my desktop, nothing else on the list is done and never will be done. but I still do want to go to egypt regardless of YGO. it's not the reason. I'm curious of the curses and the tombs stuff. Is there really such thing as a egyptian curse? XD

coco
April 3rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
if you take 'who's your yugioh boyfriend/girfriend?' quizzes*
if you have your favorite YGO character as your avatar (mines Ishizu!)*

*guilty of the above

Simone
April 3rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
When you call your friends and call them by Yu-Gi-Oh names like "Hi. is Kaiba there"
When you call your pets "blue eyes" and "Dark Mage"
When you try to draw pics of yoru animals on cards so when you play against yoru friends and place that card down you call yoru animals over so it looks like they have out of the card.

Sean Fury
April 3rd, 2004, 10:32 PM
You know you like Yu-Gi-Oh too much when you take metal breifcases to school filled with your Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and try to act like Kaiba.

Not that I have ever done that.

>.>
<.<
>.<

Cherrim
April 5th, 2004, 01:08 PM
coco - And signature. ;p

Sean Fury (can I just call you Sean? I'm lazy o.o) - X3 I think they actually sell briefcases EXACTLY like Kaiba's at one of the stores near me. It's scary, in a way. o_O

Sean Fury
April 5th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Yes, of course call me Sean.

But anyway, if they sell the breifcases that look exactly like Kaiba's near you, you are my new best friend, because I am such a loser I will actually come all the way up to Canada (*cough*I'm coming up during Easter for a field trip, for the French Club I'm in at my school*cough*) and buy one of them.

^That is when you know you like Yu-Gi-Oh, Kaiba, too much. :)

Cherrim
April 5th, 2004, 03:53 PM
=X I dunno if the store still has them, since I only saw 2 of them there and that was a few months ago. Lmao, but I know what you mean. I'd probably end up going anywhere to get something that was identical to an item of Yami's. XD

Sean Fury
April 5th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Not if I got there before you!...and trust me, I would find a way to get there! I'm hoping they have some cool stuff at Otakon 2004 in Baltimore this year...maybe I'll find something of Yami Yugi's, who knows!...and if I do, I'm buying it as soon as I see it. x.x

Cherrim
April 5th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Otakon? Lucky. ^_^; I've heard so many great things about that convention.

._. I'm saving up for Anime North 2004 here. Well, trying to save up, anyway. I keep spending my money. =X Lol, like on the weekend I'm going downtown to buy the lastest Yuugiou CD (Sound Duel III) ^_^;

I guess you know you're obsessed when you collect the background music soundtracks that everyone thinks are boring and translate the song titles. o_O;;

Dice
April 14th, 2004, 08:20 PM
...when you think a rubiks cube is magic...
...when you think egypt is in the shadow realm...

Lanceiscool
April 15th, 2004, 06:13 AM
You have your own Yami.
You own Falsebound Kingdom.
You bought Dark Duel Stories...and not just for the cards.
You scream, "JOEY!" whenever you hear someone with a manhattan accent.
You try to put penguins at the zoo in armor.

I'm sure I can come up with more...

Jinona
April 16th, 2004, 03:31 PM
...When you can accurately mimic almost every character's voice...
...When you have memorized almost an entire episode's script...
...when you have copied the entire script for more than 1 episode by hand...
all of those are true for me too.

Kitty17794
May 1st, 2004, 08:08 AM
-you copy Yami Yugi when he says "It's time to duel!" XD
-you obbess over one of the characters and wish they were real so you could date them (JOEY! XD )

nayana_1120
May 1st, 2004, 10:05 AM
-You buy Japanese subtitled DVDs off of e-bay and watch them.
-You do a battle royal
-When you do said battle royal, you go "Boku no turn" or "Turn endo" (the Japanese version does this, lol).
-while doing said battle royal, you go "FLASHBACK!"
-While doing said battle royal, you turn on dramatic Yu-gi-oh music on

I have done them all *except I didn't buy the DVDs, LOL*

Cherrim
May 1st, 2004, 11:53 AM
I'd do the battle royale if I knew more people that played the game. X3 And I almost always duel my little brother while listening to background music from the series. XD Almost everything else listed since my last post, I've done. oO;

Pokedragonfire
May 1st, 2004, 11:56 AM
Ahhh! I'm surrounded by maniacs! (Just kidding) I'm not that obsessed, I'm obsessed with the internet :) and dragons, and video games, and...

Evil Togepi
May 1st, 2004, 02:16 PM
When you do what I do and spend 2+ hours writing reviews on your journal (*Complete with Screenshots*) about the latest Yugioh episode you've downloaded XD
Yes I'm crazy....

Kenny_C.002
May 15th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Lightning, Pacific mall is NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH!!! Don't go there. Not even if you're in Toronto within the Markham area (that's where the YGO freaks lurk with the Duel Master guys and like randomness happens).

aside from that, the wallpaper thing is kinda weak, since many people jsut have like random wallpapers anyway.

Well, i'd have to say that if you make a parody of YGO, you're watching it too much. lol

Cherrim
May 16th, 2004, 05:08 PM
o_O I don't know where Pacific Mall is, but it sounds not too far away. =P (Lol, near my Japanese classes, coincidentally enough XD)

<3 I've wanted to make little flash parodies with bloopers and stuff for a while. My brother and I make them up for fun, and I could actually do it... if I had/knew how to work Flash. oo;

Raichu Master
May 16th, 2004, 05:12 PM
You know you like Yu-gi-oh too much when:

1. You yell "Let's duel!" at everybody you see
2. You do Algebra by adding and subtracting life points
3. You wait for that letter to duelest island everyday.
4. Your Bible is the yu-gi-oh rule book and the anime show
5. You think of your teachers as the ex-boardmembers of kaiba corp. and they're out to steal your body.

Kenny_C.002
May 16th, 2004, 05:53 PM
lol Lightning! That's great stuff. Just don't go there. Really, the YGO people are crazy there (except for the selected few). Aside from that, the Market Village on the other side is alright (that's the tamed magic side lol).

And parodies of YGO, you'll make them. Be sure to have "THE SHADOW REALM!!!!!!!" every 3 sentences! :P

e.g. "Those dark energy disks will instantly transport your legs directly to THE SHADOW REALM!!!!"

"Oh no! What's a THE SHADOW REALM!!!!?"

"You'll be dead before you go to THE SHADOW REALM!!!!!!!"

That's lame...:P

~Ozy~
May 16th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Can this just be turned into a "You know you're obsessed with anime when..." thread? If so, then

You reject a college solely because it doesn't have a decent anime club
You spend hours watching Rurouni Kenshin fight scenes in slow-mo to develop the Hiten Mitsurugi ryu
You support Hikarishipping
You named your dog "Katsuhiro"
You bought the $180 imported Mononoke Hime box set AND downloaded it AND have the original English and Japanese DVD.

If not, then, oh well

Raichu Master
May 17th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Adding on to my list of 5:

6. You wake up everyday checking your deck to see if any of your cards got stolen
7. You call your best friend Joey, and your best friend that's a girl Taya
8. the answers to your science problems include The Winged Dragon of Rah, and other egyptian god cards.
9.the only music you listen to is the Yu-gi-oh theme song
10. you can sing the yu-gi-oh theme song like the artist who sang it

last two were really lame but I couldn't think of anything else

Purin
May 17th, 2004, 03:56 AM
When you:
1) Dream of it
2) Wish that you could be part of the story
3) Made up a monster that was meant to be of your image (I have one hahaha)
4) Cosplay it alone in your free time
5) Try to mimicry one of the characters to annoy your friends

Sapphire
May 17th, 2004, 12:18 PM
fun fun fun! : D

-When you download the japanese theme songs and try out for the talent show with it (hey, I almost had it! but no...one foreign language is enough)
-when you become totally obsessed with characters that if another character likes them you imediatley hate them (eh...eh..)
-you go to a little 5th grade duel league (and lose...)
-you *gasp* when other people older than you post here! (teehee)
-you draw a character at an oekaki and the people say you need practice.
-you build a mini shrine-like-thing for a character and your mom finds out (its soo embarrasing!)
-you have your grandma buy you a malik shirt for your 13th bday (hey, it works!)
-you post here!
-you have seen all the egypt series eps. so far (fwaahaaa!)
-you need to think of more! because its so fun!
Im guilty of all this...XD whee...I wrote a characters name on my shoe in relegion class, by english it was gone 0.0;

innocent_fox
May 22nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
When you:

-talk to yourself about your fav. character on your way home and freak everyone out.
-when you go over entire episodes in your head
-when you dress up like your favorite characters and prance around your house saying egyption words...
-when you create god monsters of your own and pretend to be a pharo

(only guilty of one...)

Kitty17794
May 28th, 2004, 10:47 AM
-when you go to a game store and look around, just looking for Yugioh stuffs.
-when you pay two dollars extra to get a new game instead of a used one so you get the rare cards that come with it
-you stay up past your bed time trying to figure out the game you bought
-you spend 2 hours drawing Yugioh fanart.

( guilty of all ^^; )

Ganon
May 28th, 2004, 08:31 PM
u know u like ugio too much when:
u believe in the heart of the cards
u call ur little bro mokuba

MiNuN*
May 29th, 2004, 01:53 AM
yeah When i duel I always say in my mind: I believe in the heart of the cards! Bleh.. lol