PDA

View Full Version : Contest~ [applicable entries]

Lily
February 21st, 2006, 01:08 PM
A member requested a certain type of contest over the PM. I informed Kyosuke and he gladly complied to the idea~

This contest is mainly for Poetry/lyrics. I'm hesitant into thinking if putting the two in one category is a good idea, since the difference between them is relatively minor. I'm also unsure whether or not this should be a short story contest. If anyone has comments/concerns/questions, feel free to post away.

This thread is for people who wish to participate. Please do not post your finished work here. I merely want to clarify how many participants are willing to submit something. I don't want to host a contest between a measly two~three contestants...if that somehow does happen, I'm going to be postponing this.

The general idea is a bit vague so far; I'll try to add more information later on. Meanwhile, feel free to sign up. The deadline -> somewhere at the end of March/Beginning of April. This includes the time you need to work on your piece. By that time, this thread will prolly either be closed/forgotten. XP

I still need time to pick the judges, which will supposedly include myself and Kyosuke (if he agrees). If you wish to be a judge, please send me a link to one of your works and a sufficient reason.

...I'll type of rules later~ ^_^;

So posts should either be:

-comments
-clarification
-requests

edit-

Participants so far

code_zerro_the_deluge
~Ozy~
Lady Akita
Sparky07
Akinari (ty onii-chan~) <3
Eliana
Tomasu-san
Jedi_Amara
blackhaert
eventidemjj
Rolling Pichu

edit2- Rules

One piece per contestant. No multiple works, please.
Please respect each other's work when posted in due time.
Your work must be submitted the Second of April.
Note that this is not the official date; it may be changed due to some circumstances, but for now, I think roughly one month is sufficient.
Don't spam up any thread I create (posts shall be deleted). Post only relevant things.
Don't yell at me (the judges in general). If you have any concerns regarding the given results or the situation, state so reasonably.
Incoherent babbling isn't loved, btw, XP
Post your own work. Plagiarism is NOT tolerated on any level (plus you'll be disqualified, which really sucks~)
The rules will be edited if I need changes (which will prolly happen sometimes soon).
*sigh* One cookie per person. Don't ask. ._.

edit3- official contest of Poetry/Lyric. Now I need to gather some judges. ~~ *advertises on sig*
Judges- Me. 22sa. Dactylus. Paul. Judge applications = closed.

code zerro the deluge
February 21st, 2006, 01:15 PM
i am joining the contest. I maid my poem already.

~Ozy~
February 21st, 2006, 02:00 PM
Sign me up, it's that simple. Bah!

Lady Akita
February 21st, 2006, 04:13 PM
I'm gonna sign up. I prefer poetry, however. Stories take time. And time I haven't got.

Sparky07
February 21st, 2006, 06:07 PM
This looks interesting. It would be fun if it were a poetry/short story contest, but of course, that's only my opinion...the more options, the more people you might have who are interested. I'll definitely keep checking on this...

<3
Sparky07

oni flygon
February 21st, 2006, 07:07 PM
Well, since Lily kept requesting, I'll join...>>

Eliana
February 21st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Allright, add me. Arty told me to submit a poem o_o

Thomas
February 21st, 2006, 07:53 PM
/me is the lyrics master. I will join. *rushes off to allpoetry.com to find the best song*

Lily
February 22nd, 2006, 08:29 AM
This is really great, seven people and all~ Still debating whether or not it should be poetry/short story contest.

I *really* *really* *really* need Judges. >_____> If you have any experience prior to poetry/lyrics and such (and I mean a good experience), your help would be much appreciated, but I'm not asking any of you to drop out. Just for people who decide to gaze upon this thread after this post~ ;-;

Geometric-sama
February 22nd, 2006, 08:36 AM
I want to sign up, please~ :D

Eliana
February 22nd, 2006, 08:47 AM
This is really great, seven people and all~ Still debating whether or not it should be poetry/short story contest.

I *really* *really* *really* need Judges. >_____> If you have any experience prior to poetry/lyrics and such (and I mean a good experience), your help would be much appreciated, but I'm not asking any of you to drop out. Just for people who decide to gaze upon this thread after this post~ ;-;
o_o

Please be poetry. I can't write short stories, and I think most people here would prefer poetry. I bet people will drop out if it's short stories, including me.

Lily
February 22nd, 2006, 11:59 AM
Lol. Now that I think about it, most people *are* here for the poetry/lyric part...k then, it's official. Poetry/Lyric contest. ^_^

I still need judges. *just lost one*

Eliana
February 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
Gah...XD *is itching to post her poem*

How many judges do you want?

22sa
February 22nd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Lol. Now that I think about it, most people *are* here for the poetry/lyric part...k then, it's official. Poetry/Lyric contest. ^_^

I still need judges. *just lost one* I can judge poetry, but how are lyrics suppose to be judged?...

Lily
February 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
I need about three at minimum, including myself. Four would be nice. Five will prolly result in too many disagreements, although I'm not quite sure.

22sa- Um..let's see...Arigatou, 22sa-chan? XD Lyrics are similar to poetry, except it's based off of songs and such. I'll explain later. Thanks.

22sa
February 22nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
I need about three at minimum, including myself. Four would be nice. Five will prolly result in too many disagreements, although I'm not quite sure.

22sa- Um..let's see...Arigatou, 22sa-chan? XD Lyrics are similar to poetry, except it's based off of songs and such. I'll explain later. Thanks.Can you afford to explain later? :shocked: Well, okay...

oni flygon
February 22nd, 2006, 04:47 PM
~*sigh* One cookie per person. Don't ask. ._.

Yay! You finally listened to me! X3

Dactylus
February 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
o_o

Please be poetry. I can't write short stories, and I think most people here would prefer poetry. I bet people will drop out if it's short stories, including me.

Good sir/lady, I think you'd have to be emo, devoid of any sense of literature, or perhaps merely unable to keep your attention focused long enough to read/write quality short stories to prefer poetry.

This is the truth.

And sure Lily, I'll judge since you took the time to ask.

Haha...liking poetry more than prose...who ever heard of such poppycock? Hahaha...

Lily
February 22nd, 2006, 05:21 PM
Dac, be nice.

Thank you again for accepting the position. I really appreciate it~

Now I don't need any more judges. I don't know how long I should keep accepting contestants...eh, perhaps I won't set a limit. Besides, by April 2, it'll be too late to enter anyhow.

Again, thanks to everyone who signed up. ^_^

Eliana
February 22nd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Good sir/lady, I think you'd have to be emo, devoid of any sense of literature, or perhaps merely unable to keep your attention focused long enough to read/write quality short stories to prefer poetry.

This is the truth.

And sure Lily, I'll judge since you took the time to ask.

Haha...liking poetry more than prose...who ever heard of such poppycock? Hahaha...

Never in my life have I heard such obnoxiousness from any fellow writer, ever.

There is a wonderful word that exists in this world, whether it be concerning politics, religion, philosophy, or literature.

OPINIONS.

See, everyone has one. I do hope you comprehend the existence of this word one day soon.

I've been writing since I was about 8, and I do not appreciate your comments.

Kthx.

Sorry Lily, I'm standing up for my repetoire, hope you understand. =/

code zerro the deluge
February 22nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Well that was gay Dac. Foreal man stay on the topic let's not be ***s like that guy.
No offense though but chill.

Sticking up for a friend.

oni flygon
February 22nd, 2006, 06:33 PM
Oh shiznits! Dac's gonna be a judge! Score! XD

Merzbau
February 22nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
I guess I'll enter. My work sucks, but Eli says I stand a chance. So I might as well go and try something. I've got a month to write my masterpiece anyway. Why not. Poetry contest, here I come. Sign meh up~

*still knows I'm gonna lose this*

I probably write poetry even worse than I sing. Heh.

Eliana
February 22nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
*nod* I've got mine written out already. I didn't know about the contest 'til yesterday, but I'm definitely using this one. I worked on it literally for 3 weeks, and had nightmares about it. O_O It's apparently one of the best things people have read according to some.

Kyosuke
February 22nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
I would be a judge.. but currently with the way everything is working right now with school and stuff going on with my life.. I barely have time to go on PC nowadays.. which explains my inactiveness... but Lily, I still wish you the best of luck with the success of this contest. ^^'

prolific_rhapsody
February 22nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
I would love to be a judge, but considering the fact that you said you didn't need any additional judges pushes that hope away... *Decides to unleash his inner Simon Cowell on his own writing...* If any positions appear, tell me please!

Anyway, I didn't realize that I had quite such of a talent for writing until just recently, maybe two years ago. Simply because of my writings, many people refer to me as the "Hopeless Romantic," and a "Forward Philosopher." I got the philosopher quote for this (I put in a card for my Dad I made):
"Though our view may become clouded with the shadows of the sky, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel to halt our fears, and to fulfill our dreams."
I have dozens and dozens of papers of things I've written, particularly music lyrics (my Dad is a singer, and I sing also (but I'm not famous yet!)), and I would like to enter this contest. Is there any prize, or is it just bragging rights?

pokejungle
February 22nd, 2006, 08:35 PM
You really could've just asked me to judge Lily. I'd have been happy too.

Well, since you've got judges now, I'd love to enter. As and extra comment, I'd like short stories allowed.

22sa
February 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
You really could've just asked me to judge Lily. I'd have been happy too.

Well, since you've got judges now, I'd love to enter. As and extra comment, I'd like short stories allowed.You can replace my position as judge.... I know for a fact I don't have your patience. :P

pokejungle
February 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
You can replace my position as judge.... I know for a fact I don't have your patience. :P
No ;P I have a lot of confidence in you.

Sparky07
February 23rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
So...wait a second...I just read the first post, and I'm a bit confused...is this a poetry/lyrics only contest? Are you still deciding whether or not to make it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? Or is it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? It's just a bit fuzzy...sorry if you posted it somewhere and I missed it.

<3
Sparky07

pokejungle
February 23rd, 2006, 04:35 PM
So...wait a second...I just read the first post, and I'm a bit confused...is this a poetry/lyrics only contest? Are you still deciding whether or not to make it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? Or is it a short story/poetry/lyrics contest? It's just a bit fuzzy...sorry if you posted it somewhere and I missed it.

<3
Sparky07
I believe they've decided that it's soley a poetry/lyrics contest.

Lily
February 23rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
I should've specified it sooner; sorry. ^^;

Paul, if you want, there can be four judges...do you have (a very good) prior experience with poetry?

pokejungle
February 23rd, 2006, 06:33 PM
I should've specified it sooner; sorry. ^^;

Paul, if you want, there can be four judges...do you have (a very good) prior experience with poetry?
Yeah, actually I do. I write a lot of it. Heh, that wouldn't be very good qualification though, would it?

Just so happens I got accepted into the Bemidji State University's anthology for teen poetry in Minnesota. And I've gotten in some ok vanity anthologies, but they're really nothing to be proud of =X

If you're willing to accept me, I'd love to judge ;P

Lily
February 23rd, 2006, 06:36 PM
I'd be happy to have you as a judge. You're probably 834627846% better than me. ^_^; Thank you!

Thus concludes the long, grueling hours of begging people to be judges...x.x

edit- eventidemjj, I'm so sorry! I didn't see your question at the end. I truly am sorry. x_x And yes, it's mostly bragging rights~ Unless someone can think of a good prize *over the internet >=D*..or would you rather have me mail money instead? XD

22sa
February 23rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
I'd be happy to have you as a judge. You're probably 834627846% better than me. ^_^; Thank you!

Thus concludes the long, grueling hours of begging people to be judges...x.xWell done, at least. XD If only the initial judge didn't betray you quit...

Dactylus
February 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM

Never in my life have I heard such obnoxiousness from any fellow writer, ever.

There is a wonderful word that exists in this world, whether it be concerning politics, religion, philosophy, or literature.

OPINIONS.

See, everyone has one. I do hope you comprehend the existence of this word one day soon.

I've been writing since I was about 8, and I do not appreciate your comments.

Kthx.

Sorry Lily, I'm standing up for my repetoire, hope you understand. =/

Oh dear, I got served, didn't I? Yes, yes I got owned! Never have I been so struck down by so righteous and so just a force as your passionate retort! Wow, let me just say Eliana, your explosion of rage and witty taunting at my own opinion has truly taught me to respect other peoples opinions! Indeed!

I apologize so much for trying to say what I thought before, obviously it’s not condoned by your mighty, supreme wisdom over these matters. You have been writing since you were EIGHT after all. I'll try never to be so irreverent toward you again.

I mean, God forbid I should use sarcasm, right? How cruel it would have been if everything I said in my previous post was nothing but a playful jab! Dear me, but that would be unthinkable! I’m so very, very sorry for my ignorance. Please, next time you disagree with my opinion, feel free to once again mock me while jabbering on about the importance of point of views again. I’ll make sure to, again, succumb without any resistance at all.

=\

Dude, Akinari, do I know you? Well, if you're cool with me being here, that serves me just fine. Greetings and well met, haha.
Edit: Ah, it's Niko. Dude, we're judging. Score.

pokejungle
February 23rd, 2006, 07:54 PM
I mean, God forbid I should sarcasm, right?

...that was so purposefully ironic it was funny. Anyways, please don't fight anymore you two. This is getting very, very close to crossing the line into a flame-war. And if a participant and a judge don't handle themselves well in the Entry Thread, it may be a sign they're too immature to handle the contest.

So please, let's all keep our opinions to ourselves, this is simply a thread to announce your entrance into this writing contest ;<

code zerro the deluge
February 25th, 2006, 03:31 PM
yea what he said home boy so just chill and take a deep breath.

Careful With That Axe, Pichu!
February 25th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Could you sign me up please? I'd like to break my head in this one... =D

pokejungle
February 25th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Ok, you're in ;D Lily will edit the first post **nudges**.

CZtD, that was pretty much spam, and I have no idea what you're talking about o.o

code zerro the deluge
February 26th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Umm the fight maybe.... That is what I was talking about.

Eliana
February 26th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Allright, I'm just going to ignore jerk, and move on with life...

This poetry contest is supposed to be fun, not full of crap...x_x;

So when shall we get started? ^^

Lily
March 1st, 2006, 12:47 PM
I think I'm going to stop sign ups now; 11 people are enough. @_@

And edited.

I'll post the thread somewhere around March. ^^

pokejungle
March 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM
...you realize today is March 1st, don't you? XD

Eliana
March 1st, 2006, 04:09 PM
XD

I'm pretty eager for this, actually. I've never actually submitted anything to a contest before...I've subitted things seldomly, but I've one it like like twice...

Lily
March 1st, 2006, 04:50 PM
XD Yes, I know it's March, but..um..

K, to specify, somewhere...in the middle of March. o_o

pokejungle
March 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM
Sounds good then~ I have issues with planning things extensively <<"

Thomas
March 1st, 2006, 09:32 PM
I've actrually won a silver and bronze medal at allpoetry.com but that was just informal contests...acutally kinda like this one XD so maybe I do stand a chance.

So I hope we wait just a little to make an official submission thread, I need to get working on my own submission. ^^ This should be fun.

code zerro the deluge
March 3rd, 2006, 04:03 AM
Is maybe the 15th good? Just a suggestion. I can't wait though it should be fun.

Sumomo & Kotoko
March 3rd, 2006, 11:28 AM
Oh, oh!! I'll join the contest!! Is it to late to join already?? Cause I'd like to join, please??

pokejungle
March 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
Oh, oh!! I'll join the contest!! Is it to late to join already?? Cause I'd like to join, please??
I think I'm going to stop sign ups now; 11 people are enough. @_@

You'll have to talk it over with Lily.

Lily
March 11th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Lust~ A bit late, but sorry- I specifically said (or rather implied) no more people, as it'd be an unfair privilege. ;_; Perhaps next time.

On a happier note, the thread is posted. *poke*

Eliana
March 13th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Annnd posted. I wrote it during writer's block, so yeah.

Geometric-sama
March 15th, 2006, 07:47 AM
One question, little one. What is an "applicable entry"? This doesn't seem to make sense. :<

22sa
March 17th, 2006, 10:50 AM
One question, little one. What is an "applicable entry"? This doesn't seem to make sense. :<It just means signing up for the contest... o_o

Eliana
March 25th, 2006, 04:19 PM
o_o My, my. Look at all those entries. A whole two of them.

Wow.

*looks at the date*

March 26th. Wow, you're all vigilant to post aren't you?

*shakes head in dismay*

pokejungle
March 25th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I believe we should send out PMs to signed up members that haven't posted any poetry yet.

Lily
March 25th, 2006, 05:08 PM
I have already PMed everyone, don't worry. XD They're probably waiting until the last minute.

pokejungle
March 25th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Ok XD

You're a good planner ;3

Eliana
March 25th, 2006, 06:40 PM
*nods*

Just getting a bit concerned and such.

pokejungle
March 25th, 2006, 06:54 PM
stfu I was talking to Lily. >P

But just kidding about stfu. I apologize. It's good that you're concerned.

Eliana
March 26th, 2006, 04:43 AM
stfu I was talking to Lily. >P

But just kidding about stfu. I apologize. It's good that you're concerned.
o_o I wasn't responding to that, idiot. XD *shakes head*

O_O I want competition.

pokejungle
March 26th, 2006, 07:59 AM
o_o I wasn't responding to that, idiot. XD *shakes head*

O_O I want competition.
And I want more than two poems to judge. So we're working towards the same thing.

Eliana
March 26th, 2006, 01:14 PM
And I want more than two poems to judge. So we're working towards the same thing.
Ah, Arty got his up XD

Arty:
Dude, I am so not getting 1st place, what the heck are you on about? XDD *reads your poem* That thing totally pwns.

Merzbau
March 26th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'm posting my entry on the last day. In a contest like this, I want to make sure I have my best work represented. My computer is currently on the fritz, so I'll have to work by hand on it. I normally type them up first. So...yeah, you'll definitely see mine soon.

March 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Eli... I think we are both being excessively modest. XD As the writer, I never brag about my writings, and I still think your poem rocks. :D

I have no idea how good will your poem be, John... I don't recall reading any of your poems... Sure you'll do pretty good, though. I know you o.o

Lily
March 26th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Okay, let's stop with the modesty contest. You're all awesome poets. End of story.

<3 Hope more people post soon~ It's great that the Roy Mustang fan Rolling Pichu submitted something. ^__^

Eliana
March 26th, 2006, 03:12 PM
XDD

Sorry >_>

John is a God. That's all I can say. I've seen bits of poetry of his...dear God...O_O

Lily
March 26th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I didn't mean it like that.. Comparing oneself to others when one is prematurely talented and vividly skilled saddens me, although I'm fully aware I'm subjecting myself to either hypocrisy or a vague outlook on modesty. n_n;

I'm rather curious to see all poems~ Oh, I lost track of time already...

code zerro the deluge
March 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM
this should be very fun. indeed.

March 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Okay, let's stop with the modesty contest. You're all awesome poets. End of story.

<3 Hope more people post soon~ It's great that the Roy Mustang fan Rolling Pichu submitted something. ^__^
Lol, you just reminded me that I need a good FMA manga layout for my Xanga. n.n
And yeah, we should shut up.

I'm specially looking forward to Niko's and John's poems... I know that both are awesome at poetry. I'm hungry of entries but there's only suspense on the menu... >>;

code zerro the deluge
March 26th, 2006, 03:37 PM
yes well you people may think that but I am not giving up on mine. Short yes but message works to fullest. Speak negative negative will happen. Nice poem you to.

Eliana
March 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I didn't mean it like that.. Comparing oneself to others when one is prematurely talented and vividly skilled saddens me, although I'm fully aware I'm subjecting myself to either hypocrisy or a vague outlook on modesty. n_n;

I'm rather curious to see all poems~ Oh, I lost track of time already...
Oh no, dear, I wasn't offended. I just overuse ">_>". XD

code zerro the deluge
March 27th, 2006, 03:50 AM
it's okkkk. well who else needs to post?

Merzbau
March 27th, 2006, 03:09 PM
XDD

Sorry >_>

John is a God. That's all I can say. I've seen bits of poetry of his...dear God...O_O

What the heck, El? XD You've seen like one stanza of one poem...I haven't even ever sent you the big pile of scrap poems I have. Some of those were better than that...

I'm a poetry god? Puh-lease. Sure, I know I've got a lick of talent, but...yikes. I'm no Mr. High and Mighty, by no means. I have next to no experience, so...yeah. I've been writing stuff off and on now for a few months, but nothing good has ever resulted from it. I just don't feel good about my own work. I don't think it's good at all. XD I'll write this week, and tonight for sure. I'll just have to give you the best of all the crap I've written I guess. o.o

code zerro the deluge
March 27th, 2006, 03:48 PM
well what just happened. you are to a good poet.

Eliana
April 2nd, 2006, 05:59 AM

Deadline...

Now.

XD

*looks at list* Mmm, still some people have not yet submitted. D: *walks away sulking*

Lily
April 2nd, 2006, 07:36 AM
I spoke with JA yesterday, and I agreed to extend it into night, eastern time.

I'm going to be depressed if no one else submits. ._. meh.

Eliana
April 2nd, 2006, 07:39 AM
*Nod nod* Same here...@_@ I wish these would actually work out...

Merzbau
April 2nd, 2006, 11:27 AM
I'm goning to submit mine today, definitely. I've gotta work on another thing first, but I'm going to finish it out today. I'm really pleased the way it's progressed so far, so that says a lot. It's just gonna be a bit long. It's divided into parts...it's a narrative poem, so yeah. I think it may be to people's liking. Especially Eli. XD

For the people who have wanted to read this for a while, I think it'll be worth the wait.

Merzbau
April 5th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Hmm. Any clue on when the results will be posted? Sorry for double-posting but this thread hasn't really moved anyway. Anyone know when the winners will be announced? Sorry. I'm just kinda anxious to see how the best poem I've ever done has stacked up. o.o

Lily
April 5th, 2006, 06:01 PM
As soon as:

-all the judges agree on a type of format/method
-22sa's ban is lifted (since he's banned, obviously we can't do the above..)

I apologize for the extended wait, and thank you for your patience so far. .__.;

pokejungle
April 5th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Yeah, 22sa's ban kinda screwed things up.

But it's not his fault ;x [It's his fault!]

phantom_zangetsu
April 5th, 2006, 08:40 PM
umm...are you still accepting contestants? can i join still? if you guys are still accepting...

Geometric-sama
April 5th, 2006, 11:48 PM
I never got round to writing. ;_;

I hate assignments. They eat your time ._______.

Merzbau
April 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
As soon as:

-all the judges agree on a type of format/method
-22sa's ban is lifted (since he's banned, obviously we can't do the above..)

I apologize for the extended wait, and thank you for your patience so far. .__.;

It's alright, Lily. I was just wondering. =P No big deal.

And...

umm...are you still accepting contestants? can i join still? if you guys are still accepting...

Actually, no. You're a bit late. The contestants deadline was a whiiiiile ago, and the entry deadline was on the 2nd, so...yeah. Hope to see ya in it if we have one of those again. ;D

22sa
April 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, 22sa's ban kinda screwed things up.

But it's not his fault ;x [It's his fault!]You mean my abscence. Getting banned doesn't make me unreachable. I apologize, anyways, for receiving the 4 day ban extension. Though it really should have been a permanent ban since they suspected me of evading. What cowards >O

I read all the entries and am read to judge, so ready when you guys are, Paul, Lily, Dact :P

phantom_zangetsu
April 7th, 2006, 12:01 AM
aw...man...darn it...i wuz too late...thanks for the info anyways blackhaert.

code zerro the deluge
April 7th, 2006, 04:33 AM
Well let's get on with the show. When will the judges be done? just curious.

Lily
April 7th, 2006, 12:35 PM
There are no specific dates, so please stop asking for one. .-.;

code zerro the deluge
April 10th, 2006, 02:01 PM
I just wanted to see if there was one gosh.

Lily
April 10th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Who's the judge here, you or me? Hmm? There is no need to use an exasperated tone with me, because I'm exasperated as it is, so stop, k? ^_^

code zerro the deluge
April 10th, 2006, 02:25 PM
does it sound like it. does it really. ok shut your mouth. now calm your self down ok good. take your time mental is a efect.

Merzbau
April 10th, 2006, 02:40 PM
does it sound like it. does it really. ok shut your mouth. now calm your self down ok good. take your time mental is a efect.

^ What the heck? That makes absolutely no sense. XD Just be patient, dude...everyone else is. Even me. And mine was the best I've ever done. I got called "poetic genius" for that thing...how do you think I feel? Blegh...people need to learn patience!

Anyway, take your time, Lily. I'd love to hear the results soon, but I want it to count, so...you guys do whatever you gotta do to get this contest fixed and straightened out. =P

code zerro the deluge
April 10th, 2006, 02:42 PM
I just wanted to know if their was a freaking date set out yet. That is all. But no screw me. One question turned bad by the Lady Godess of the site. Ohh and I was being patient. I just haven't been on in a while and wanted to know if anything changed.

Lily
April 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Can we please try to rationalize? I hosted this contest by the sole request of you (yes, that's right, you), and I don't think it's fair to digress and berate me like so when I'm trying my best to be a satisfactory hostess. ._.

Look-

There are no specific dates, so please stop asking for one. .-.;

This is my tired self, and I did tell you this politely.

Tell me, Mr. Zerro, what did I do to deserve one single participant's childish impatience? I apologize if I offended you with such imperative order, but..

-o- *half tempted to close thread*

Now please, let's all be nice. I'm too tired to deal with your last post. ._.

Btw, thank you, blackhaert.

code zerro the deluge
April 10th, 2006, 04:08 PM
it is ok. I am sorry to Lily.

oni flygon
April 10th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Lily, if you're already so frustrated, maybe you should close the thread or something and give away some warnings for ... I dunno...flaming? *cough*

But yeah... I'm expecting the results, too... but you needn't be showing your impatience to a thread like this. Besides, that one certain Valentine's Day poetry contest last year lasted for about 3 months... (you remember that one, Lily? 8D)

code zerro the deluge
April 10th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I am being patient. What part don't you get? I just asked if anything changed because I wasn't here.

Lily
April 10th, 2006, 05:06 PM
How could I not, Onii-chan? Either way, I don't think that would warrant a flaming. .-.

Okay, let's drop the subject now~ ^_^

code zerro the deluge
April 11th, 2006, 03:09 AM
I apologise lily. do you forgive me?

Eliana
April 11th, 2006, 03:17 AM
^ What the heck? That makes absolutely no sense. XD Just be patient, dude...everyone else is. Even me. And mine was the best I've ever done. I got called "poetic genius" for that thing...how do you think I feel? Blegh...people need to learn patience!

Anyway, take your time, Lily. I'd love to hear the results soon, but I want it to count, so...you guys do whatever you gotta do to get this contest fixed and straightened out. =P
XD

Meh...I didn't expect the results to be up, so I'll just sit here.

Actually on the poetry topic, I was just modded to be the poetry adminstrator at a site with 6000 members (Yes, Bigger than PC. Much bigger.) I henceforth feel no need to be here anymore, but I still will. o_O The poetry forum there is actually alive *gasp*

Anyways, Lily take your time, we all are tired...=/

code zerro the deluge
April 13th, 2006, 04:40 PM
so tell me exactly what the hell you are trying to say? just tell me so we can be eye for eye man for man. becaues you make it seem like that place is ohh my gosh better. than go if you must. fill your wishes please. but don't just post something like that idiot. It is acttually alive woopdydoo so is ours.

oni flygon
April 13th, 2006, 04:56 PM
so tell me exactly what the hell you are trying to say? just tell me so we can be eye for eye man for man. becaues you make it seem like that place is ohh my gosh better. than go if you must. fill your wishes please. but don't just post something like that idiot. It is acttually alive woopdydoo so is ours.
Uh... Zerro, a couple of things:

1. Don't swear
2. Eli is a girl

Just don't mind her if she would be subliminally advertising a forum or anything. And just don't go offtopic, please.

code zerro the deluge
April 13th, 2006, 05:08 PM
ok than you deal with it. yes the perfect place to post that. and you sit and do nothing. good job.

I know she is a girl it is a phrase. i didn't swear. hell is in the Bible.

oni flygon
April 13th, 2006, 05:09 PM
The phrase is "An eye for an eye; a tooth for a tooth" and not what you said. And "hell" can be used as a swear word when used in proper context, regardless of its position in the Bible. And that proper context is what you used.

code zerro the deluge
April 14th, 2006, 05:17 AM
ohh yes I know. I know how it goes. I just don't fill that a post like that belongs there.
Let's just drop it ok?

Lily
April 14th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Zerro, Akinari is just telling you what you did wrong. If anyone should drop it, it's you.

Now please, no more inappropriate posts. ._.

code zerro the deluge
April 14th, 2006, 05:30 AM
that's what I was saying. and ok.

22sa
April 16th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Anyways, Lily take your time, we all are tired...=/>O.. I'm not tired. And Lily's been really ill. As for the other two, they're... umm.. lazy I guess, so I must apologize on behave of our judges for lack of decision-making. Sorry, again.

To speed this up, how much detail do you guys want us to give? Or, how do you want your poems to be marked?

I had originally just wanted to give a rating out of 5.0 for everybody's poem and did so, but when I talked to the other judges about this it was agreed that my simple method would be too unconvincing, so again, I've read and evaluated all your poems already, I just need an estimate of how much detail you guys want.

Dactylus
April 16th, 2006, 06:08 PM
*Ding ding ding!*

Woahh, what's that guys? It's the end bell! That means that the contest is OVER, ladies and gentlemen, and the winner is Zerro! Congrats, man, congrats. I know you worked hard, and it all paid off in spades.

You are officially the most annoying person on this thread.

But hey, now that you've got the gold, you can stop acting like a complete moron. Obviously it was all an act, since no one person can possibly have such a sheer lack of patience coupled a grasp on grammar on par with that of an eight year old. Not only that, but the utter audacity to berate judges and explode in a burst of blazing, random fury when given a reasonable answer to ones question? Haha, preposterous! Evolution would've had to been REALLY drunk to drop the ball like that.

But it's okay now, you can stop acting and come out of your guise to show us all that you DO have an intelligence worthy of a human being!

...Right?

In all seriousness, had to throw that on the table, sorry. Hey people, I haven't been here in a month or two, but I'm a judge. Bribes can be discussed via PM. Thank you.

code zerro the deluge
April 17th, 2006, 06:52 AM
So me asking a question is dumb? Is it really. Seeing as how I wasn't on I just wanted to know. Kill me then if I am so rong as to ask a freaking question. Oh My GOD! But for all means yes I am annoying woopdydoo. Good smart thing to say. Though my neice is only four and she would say what I am saying now. You are a fu. leave it at that shall we partner? Have a nice day ok. Evoulution must have been rong then for the dumb a** woo hoo for you wouldn't it? Ohh and yes I am sorry.

Dactylus
April 17th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Woah, woah, woaaaah there buddy. Where did all this hostility come from, huh? I was telling people that you WEREN'T actually an impatient idiot with the anger control skills of a feral dog with rabies! But hey man, SINCE I'm on your side and all, lemme give you some helpful pointers.

So me asking a question is dumb? Is it really.

For future reference, my good man, ALL questions need to end with question marks. You know, those things you seem to hate.

But hey, since I'm a "fu" and all (by the way, using the same insult as your four year old niece doesn't show much for you), I might as well go ahead and note that you really DO need to cool your jets, guy. As evidenced here:

I mean, hey, that doesn't even make sense, guy! You can derive anger and frustration from it, but it doesn't really seem to have taken a tangible form. But it's okay, because by this point, you were still pretending to be a moron, right? Yeah, must have been intentional.

Well, that's all I have to say about that, so let's go ahead and drop this argument, shall we? Judging needs to get under way and all!

code zerro the deluge
April 17th, 2006, 08:33 AM
No my neice would say f-u. And by making fun of some one is a helper wow wonderfull logic. Is it really that my good man wasn't the question.
So me asking a question is dumb? that was smarty.

Lily
April 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Just stop it. Swear evasion isn't allowed, by the way, if meant as an insult. Zerro, try to suppress yourself from retaliating and simply ignore/PM. Dactylus, you'll have to take your sarcasm reasoning somewhere else; Zerro doesn't evidently doesn't like it. x=

So let us all be good little children from now on, or else Mr. Scawy-Mustang will hafta use his flames. >D

code zerro the deluge
April 17th, 2006, 04:25 PM
ok fine I wll then. I'll just forget it.

Beta Trainer
April 18th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Me, please!

I probably won't do all that well, but its the taking part that counts, right? Hehe.

22sa
April 18th, 2006, 11:09 AM
o_O..

Erm... okay... I guess I won't have to consider anything then. :P

And you guys have seriously been unfair to Zerro. :\

Me, please!

I probably won't do all that well, but its the taking part that counts, right? Hehe.Sorry, the contest is over. For more information, please read the rest of this thread.

code zerro the deluge
April 18th, 2006, 12:14 PM
no I am ok. It doesn't matter.

22sa
April 18th, 2006, 12:50 PM
no I am ok. It doesn't matter.I'm sure you are, but Lily and Dact looked bad ganging up (intended or not) on you, so I evened things out. :P

Lily
April 18th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I'm sure you are, but Lily and Dact looked bad ganging up (intended or not) on you, so I evened things out. :P

I wasn't ganging up on him. =__=; *smites*

Sigh. I wish more people would look at this thread.

code zerro the deluge
April 18th, 2006, 12:56 PM
ohh gosh ok sure. sure you wern't but it's ok.

22sa
April 18th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I wasn't ganging up on him. =__=; *smites*

Sigh. I wish more people would look at this thread. I know. But both of you were yelling at him, so it made you two look like baddies ganging up on him. :P If you don't get that... well... :P .

Back on topic.... I sincerely wish we can get most of the poem judging over with tonight. x_x

code zerro the deluge
April 18th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Umm 22sa I am really fine i am a-o-k.

22sa
April 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Umm 22sa I am really fine i am a-o-k.I know... No worries here either, I wasn't posting for specifically for your sake, as I mentioned. :P

Dactylus
April 18th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Gang up? Yell? Berate another user of PC? ME?

Never! I don't know where you got such an outlandish idea Cada-man; why, I have nothing but respect and reverence of the highest regard for people on this forum! It would be nigh unthinkable for me to ever think, nay, merely conceive a fragment of an idea pertaining to the flaming of somebody just because of their ridiculous behavior and grammar. Ever. *Cough*.

...Yeaaah... I've got my judging all done, so whenever you guys are ready.

Beta Trainer
April 19th, 2006, 05:47 AM
o_O..

Erm... okay... I guess I won't have to consider anything then. :P

And you guys have seriously been unfair to Zerro. :\

Sorry, the contest is over. For more information, please read the rest of this thread.

:embarrass

Oh. Okay. Thanks anyways.

code zerro the deluge
April 19th, 2006, 01:33 PM
please don't say you are talking about my grammer buddy please. I will light you up in a minute son.

oni flygon
April 19th, 2006, 05:48 PM
please don't say you are talking about my grammer buddy please. I will light you up in a minute son.
Zerro, Lily already told you to keep it down already. If you're easily provoked by someone like Dac, I'm not sure what to do with you. So if he criticizes your grammar, why can't you just divert your attention away from him and he'll jut get tired of it.

Dac, I know Zerro is such a sophomoric member but can you keep down the sarcasm for a while? Would love to avoid a fight in here.

code zerro the deluge
April 20th, 2006, 03:26 PM
ok I am sorry everyone.

Sorry Dac

Eliana
April 21st, 2006, 12:28 PM
Oy vey. XD Still nothing? o_O Well, I hope everything is allright.

22sa
April 21st, 2006, 05:52 PM
Oy vey. XD Still nothing? o_O Well, I hope everything is allright.Top 3 has been chosen already, and we're almost done with the other decisions. The results will be up soon.

Lily
April 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM
*bumps*

*points to (pretty) sig*

Every judge has now submitted their comments...all I need to do is finish mine and reorganize everything. So sorry for the wait, again! ^_^;

edit: OMG. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2049727#post2049727)