View Full Version : Glimpse into the Catcher's Life.

February 23rd, 2006, 9:22 AM
“If a body, catch a body.” I repeated to myself in a catchy tone. To think that after all I’ve come through… I’d be here today. It was the 94.5 Beta radio station listened to by millions of people throughout Las Anglos, California. Of all people, they choose me to be there special guest star. I guess I should be used to coming on the radio and television by now. But it never fails; every time is like the first. I get so nervous thinking I am going to mess up, or say something wrong that someone will take the wrong way. Ever since I got out of that ****ed sanitarium I have tried to watch what I say to people, just so they don’t take what I say the wrong way. I wiped off the linings of my jacket, I had to look my best for the show, even though it was in a radio studio and the public would only here my voice. It was just one of those things. With one quick glance in the mirror I walked into the room where the Radio show would be held.
“Well Good day Mr. Cauldfeild.” The voice of 94.5 stood up to greet me with his hand reached out to mine from over his radio equipment. “How are you?”
“I’m fantastic, you?” I responded shaking his hand and smiling.
“Wonderful. So is everything set?”
“Yes sir. I’m ready when you are.”
“Well then have a seat and we will get started.” He sat down in his big fluffy chair and I sat in mine directly across from him. With the flip of a switch he announced, “Good morning fine citizens of L.A., today we have a very special guest with us today. He has saved numerous teenage lives with his inspirational speeches, written many books, funded millions of dollars to help fight cancer, and owns one of the biggest movie production agencies of all time. He is none other than Mr. Holden Cauldfeild.” He smiled and looked at me. “So Holden, what is it like being such a big role model for the youth today.”
“I have to say, it’s wonderful. I never thought I could accomplish so much in my lifetime. When I was sixteen my view on life wasn’t to good. Many time’s I just wanted to give up. I saw everything and just about everyone as being so **** phony. Fortunately I came out of that phase, and was finally able to grow up.”
“As I am sure most people are aware your life seemed to pick up after your sanitarium check out. Can you tell us more about what happened after your visit to the sanitarium?”
“After I checked out the first thing I did was pay my final respects to my younger brother, Allie, whom died at a young age from cancer. I was finally able to move past his death and into my future. Immediately afterwards I looked up some old friend’s and asked to be forgiven for how jerky I was. They forgave me with open arms, and it was then and there that I decided to go back to school. I graduated head of my class, and on my graduation night I received a phone call from a girl in which I tried so hard to forget as a teenager. It was my wife Jane. She had told me how she always thought about saying hi, or just giving me a quick call to see how I was doing. She had been going through the same roughness that I had been going through. We began seeing a lot of each other, and after I started Catch a Body productions we got married. Soon after our marriage I got a call from an old teacher of mine asking to if I could speak on his behalf at an inspirational meeting. It was that day that got me into the inspiration business. Since then I have had one child, Allie. Everything has been great. My movie business is booming, I am being invited to talk show after talk show, meeting after meeting, and radio station after radio station.” I smiled at him and leaned back in my chair. He continued rambling on into the microphone, and I just sat there as content as can be repeating to my self in my mind. “If a body, catch a body.” Because I had become what I always wanted to be. Of course I wouldn’t tell them that. But I know I was finally, The Catcher in the Rye.