PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Anime Discussion #398: Deceit and Assist

Charaxes
February 25th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Here is where you can discuss part two of the Grand Festival and the machinations of Harley in "Deceit and Assist."

My review to come forthwith.

Aegis
February 25th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I'm glad that May finally stopped being friends with harley, and also that it was Drew to show it. It seemed to me that he was kinda jealous of Harley, but maybe that was just me?
I also like the fact that she stopped using that stupid one attack rutine. And the finish with blizzard was awesome!

Ari-chan
February 25th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah, as much as I love Harley I'm gald May finally stopped listening to him... It was getting on my nerves how she was acting so nieve. Plus I didn't like the whole one attack thing either, but at least that stopped. Good thing Drew showed her the truth, he is so nice. ^_^

Mandy-Chan
February 25th, 2006, 12:39 PM
This episode was nice, I'm glad(like everyone else) that May finally found out(via Drew=3) that Harley is a big phony (not that I hate Harley,he does have his moments X3 and his character design entertains me-whee purple hair-)
~Mandy

Miss Reyna
February 25th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Now we are into the fun part of the Grand Festival!! The battle part!! Nya!!

Yeah. May was being a bit native. A bit too native. It was annoying to see her like this. I no big May fan but still it pains me to see something like Harly taking advantage of her.

Assist. It was working fun to see what will come out. One after another. Then it went crazy with the Solar Beam via Munchlax. We learn a little about our little eating friend. Great job in saving the contest after that little mistake. A Blizzard tower with Skitty on top.

Harly’s appeal was a bit creepy. That was scary but it was cool. More scary but at least we saw the reason why Harly is in the show. To show that not everybody is nice and friendly. Then also to show a darker side of contests. EWWW!! That smile.

Then the Antony guy. Hmm. Just a small cut and paste to make Ash feel important and do something. Well it seems like that Ash and Team Rocket were put in this together. I mean, do we really needed Team Rocket and Ash to do something in this episode? One thing I did notice was that they didn’t say the motto. A bit sad?

The Antony guy was coolie with his Swellot. Coolie!!!

To bad for May. She trusted Harly that he actually change and trusted him. That was sad. I mean you never see anymore trusting people these days. It was good that she was doing ok except for the Solar Beam Assist and Petal Dance Assist.

I kind of like the repeating Assist. I like it when ever Skitty does it own version of May’s other pokemon moves like Fire Spin. Nya!!! Nya!!! Coolie and cute!!

Now contest battle time. I do like watching the contest battles. It always makes May looks good.

7/10- If Ash just be a good friend and just stayed out of this episode. Well it is the creator’s jobs in Japan fault but still. I felt that Ash over involment kind of ruin the episode. It was just thrown in there and kind of threw it off. It had something to do with the episode as a contest but just felt to thrown in there. I like it because it is a beautiful contest battle.

Next. The conclusion of the Grand Festival!! Nya!! Plus a little extra to it. A lot of things are going to happen during the next episode!!! NYA!!

DoubleWide
February 27th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I thought Bulbasaur could do a solar beam attack. Ash used it few times and the Venisaur in the Grass Pokemon sanctuary could do one, so why was everyone surprised when Skitty could do an assist one?

Light_Azumarill
February 27th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Whee! Grand Festival time! These are some of my favorite episodes, so... here we go! Oh. and I'm not sure about the Solar Beam thing. I don't recall May's Bulbasaur ever using it... but, I could be wrong.

Things I liked:

Harley. He needs no explanation. I love him, he's so different from the others that he's enjoyable to watch. Contemptous to the end! ^^

Jessie kissing all over Meowth. That cracked me up! But whatever James said right after they showed her (can't remember really) was a bit out of place. He didn't even comment on Jessie being weird with Meowth! His face didn't look like he was commenting on her entering... but... maybe I'm wrong.

Skitty! Skitty's cute, and though I'm not sure how it blew a Blizzard out of its behind, (I thought it came out of its mouth? o.O), it was nice to see the adorable, pink kitty.

May's score. I think it's good that she didn't get such a high score for her appeal with Skitty. It shows that she has an area of improvement, and that she's nowhere near the best right now. Not to mention it reminds her not to trust Harley anymore... -.-

Things I didn't like:

Ash's side-story. Um... how many times have the writers made Ash some kid's doggie that goes to retrieve something they've lost/gotten stolen. I mean... dude... *stench of unoriginality* it kinda smells in here.

All in all though, I give this episode a 9/10!

Miss Reyna
February 27th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I think the Solar Beam came from Munchlax. Because in a japanese episode he uses it against *Spoilor* The Solar Beam is one of Munchlax attacks. Anyways. May's Bulbasaur is just a bit young don't you think.

The Blizzard came from the month of Skitty. The Skitty jumped so fast that the Blizzard attack was left behind. That what I think.

NYA!!!!

Twilight Itachi X
February 28th, 2006, 07:59 AM
I liked this episode. Skitty using Assist having its own version of May's Pokemon's move was good! Skitty was so cute! I felt worried and bad for May and Skitty when it started to get confused and run around in circles on the stage after using a Assist Petal Dance. Smart of May to snap it out of it with Doubleslap. And I loved the Blizzard it made! It was wrong of Harley to trick May like that, good thing she found out about that from Drew. And I don't think Ash should of had that little side story with Antony and Swalot here. I rate this a 9.5/10!

Lie Ren
February 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I'm glad that May finally stopped being friends with harley, and also that it was Drew to show it. It seemed to me that he was kinda jealous of Harley, but maybe that was just me?
I also like the fact that she stopped using that stupid one attack rutine. And the finish with blizzard was awesome!

Yep yep, the finish WAS awesome. The first few Assists were okay... but why would anyone wanna use the same attack, over and over? Whether someone told them or not.... --__--;; I'm also glad that May found out about Harley lying to her. Personally, I don't like him. He bothers me... -_-;; He's kinda cool looking, but other than that.... Ick.

I was dissapointed that neither Drew nor May won the competition... but they always have the next one, I suppose. ^^