PDA

View Full Version : [~March Pixel Art Contest. Discussion Thread~]

Esupio
March 1st, 2006, 11:11 AM
Obviously, this is the discussion thread of this month's pixel art contest.

So Discuss

ALL ENTRIES BELONG HERE! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62602)

Rules are displayed in the entry thread.

Have fun.

Crystal Walrus
March 1st, 2006, 11:56 AM
can I ask who are the judges for this months contest?

Domin-8
March 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM
By what do you mean technology? Does this have to incorporate Pokemon sprites, or can it be anthing we desire?

Signomi
March 1st, 2006, 12:14 PM
There are no judges for this month's contest. Esupio's the only judge.

I'm sure Esupio would agree that an entry relating to the theme 'Technology' doesn't only have to be relative to pokemon spriting.

Domin-8
March 1st, 2006, 12:15 PM
Ahh, so,for example, like making a Pixel art of a motherboard would be an entry?

Esupio
March 1st, 2006, 12:16 PM
There are no judges for this month's contest. Esupio's the only judge.

Yeah, I may ask a couple of close friends that don't come to PC their opinions but it won't affect my views.

O.o;
Robocop in a pokemon trainer style would work for me, wouldn't score (judging the amount of PC spriter's that just LOVE to edit things) much unless it was totally custom though.

Fox♠
March 1st, 2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I may ask a couple of close friends that don't come to PC their opinions but it won't affect my views.

O.o;
Robocop in a pokemon trainer style would work for me, wouldn't score (judging the amount of PC spriter's that just LOVE to edit things) much unless it was totally custom though.
Close friends eh? *straight away excludes me then*
I'm gonna enter this time again.

Zephyr+
March 1st, 2006, 04:44 PM
I might enter this time, but I don't want to be SQUASHED like I was last contest. e_e

I'll sleep on it, I guess.

[_DarkDragon_]
March 2nd, 2006, 10:46 AM
Adam_148's entry breaks the rules twice, first they are recolors which is specified on the rules as not being allowed and second there are two sprites and not one. @Adam - I hope you read this to correct it on time :\

Esupio
March 2nd, 2006, 11:06 AM
Close friends eh? *straight away excludes me then*
I'm gonna enter this time again.
beleive it or not you are a close friend. just you come to PC so *straight away excludes you then*

Nice to see people entering, and wanting to enter

... Adam I do beleive that they are just recolours, and thats against the rules.

Budgie_boy
March 3rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
Ok about the theme, could star trek be classed as technology "of the future"? It's just that we all know that it's going to happen at one point in the next generation cycle.

Technology is soon becoming like that and we may pretty soon be able to travel further into space.

If so I've got a very very good pixel art to show you all...

[_DarkDragon_]
March 3rd, 2006, 08:45 AM
if it's technology, sci-fi or not I think you can :x

Esupio
March 3rd, 2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah, it counts, cause that star ship is pretty hi-tech

WHAT IS WITH THE LACK OF SHADING ON THE POKEDEX'S?

its not hard to use shading.

Sheepnut
March 4th, 2006, 11:56 AM
I made Shiigeru holding a Revolution >:]

Signomi
March 4th, 2006, 12:00 PM
this a robot of Dizzy Devil(from tiny toons the little looney toons)
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5110/yyyy3rm.gif (http://imageshack.us)

o_o

That's...erm.

Anyways...

1. No stealing other Sprite/Image work
Quite frankly, your entry should contain everything that is YOUR work. No use using anything made from other people in your entry. Because frankly, I'd know just by observing it. Your entry would only end up either disqualified or just be given low marks.

This entry isn't Pixel Art, nor is this even the entrant's own work, therefore it's disqualified.

Sheepnut
March 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Yer I was wondering about that. Thanks Signomi.

Allstories
March 4th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Not only is Carvanha Dragon's entry not pixel art, it doesn't make any sense, and is the most spectacular display of utter ignorance I have ever seen.

EDIT: Signomi got there first.

Haunter Master
March 4th, 2006, 12:12 PM
its like he tried to recolor it but never finished
i made a trapt porygon

$H-GAGE$
March 5th, 2006, 09:30 AM
hey is it nessesary to stick to the theme cant we make som thin we atually want to make...i made my first attempt to pixel art it came out much better than i expected...i ws actually inspired by signomi's art but mines and her's no comparision---shez way much better still check this http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/Beyblader_Humza/HumzaPixelArt2.png

EgiFuX
March 5th, 2006, 09:48 AM
how many entries can one person do?

Haunter Master
March 5th, 2006, 12:22 PM
you can only do 1 its in the rules

Esupio
March 5th, 2006, 12:43 PM
hey is it nessesary to stick to the theme cant we make som thin we atually want to make...i made my first attempt to pixel art it came out much better than i expected...i ws actually inspired by signomi's art but mines and her's no comparision---shez way much better still check this http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c362/Beyblader_Humza/HumzaPixelArt2.png
of couse it has to apply to the theme, or we wouldn't have a theme

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Can I be a judge.

~Dark Venusaur

Sylphiel
March 5th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Can I be a judge.

~Dark Venusaur
Your post has been moved into the discussion thread here, as the other thread is only for entries.

Anyways...the judges (or judge, in this case) have already been decided for this contest, so probably not. :/

Haunter Master
March 5th, 2006, 02:21 PM
u come to PC he said hell get ppl not from PC
edit cowrie got there first

Budgie_boy
March 6th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Ok...How about editing, can you edit your entry or does it have to be the one you first posted?....

Allstories
March 6th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Posted mine. Nobody beat it, okay?

Domin-8
March 6th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Man allstories. I wish i could do stuff like that. But hey I like doing hand art better then computer art anway

Arrogance
March 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM
I put something up too. Comments and crits welcome.

Domin-8
March 7th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I want Nusegi's Entry removed becasue it doesn not fit the rules. It has nothing to do with technology at all

Frostfur
March 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Nusegi's entry has nothing to do with technology therefore...(did i spell that right?) his entry should be removed
EDIT:
Dang, Coreystranick beat me to em.

Signomi
March 7th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Nusegi's entry has been disqualified due to its lack of relation to the theme.

And can we please NOT post in the Entry thread other than entries? Its for entrants to post their entries only, not for any other posts.

Eversoquiet
March 9th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Ok, it doesnt matter (i'm sorry i forgot the rules ^^ i hadn't seen that it had to be about technology srry...) can i still enter with a new one? (techno-related i can asure u)

Signomi
March 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I'm sure you can, I don't see why not. As long as your entry relates to the theme of the contest then it should be fine with us.

[_DarkDragon_]
March 10th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I also have the same question than Budgie Boy, are we allowed to edit our entrys till the judging date? :)

Esupio
March 11th, 2006, 09:24 AM
it was done in the last contest, so I suppose so

aocom
March 11th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Can I do something from Megaman? Theyre kinda like people, but theyre still technology...

Esupio
March 13th, 2006, 08:17 AM
yeah, you can do a megaman type thing

~JapaneseWolf
March 13th, 2006, 11:47 PM
the entries are looking good so far, i hope i get a place, i don't think so though.

[_DarkDragon_]
March 18th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I don't want to be evil but since feraligatr_master used this: http://sprites.fireball20xl.com/NSA/Sheets/rayquaza.png as a base for his entry shouldn't he have to give credit to the original author?

Allstories
March 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Nice save. I was gonna say it actually looked alright. What a loser.

Signomi
March 19th, 2006, 02:02 AM
feraligatr_master's entry has been disqualified, due to his disregarding the first rule of the contest.

T.R.S.M
March 25th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I have ONE!!!!!!!
--Removed--
ROBOTPHAII/clone/thingymabob

Ryu-Chan
March 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Team Rocket Spriting Mage
1This is not the entry thread!
2SOMEBODY ELSE MADE THAT MANAPHY!SPRITE STEALER!GIVE CERDIT TO WHO MADE IT!!

Signomi
March 25th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Yes, actually somebody did make that Manaphy. So it's disqualified.

Do take note of the contest rules, your entry must be all YOUR OWN work.

Houndoom1
March 27th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well this is the week on friday the winner shall be decided! I'm so excited!

Allstories
March 30th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Not only is that in the wrong thread, it's not pixel art at all.

~JapaneseWolf
March 31st, 2006, 01:26 AM
yes i hope people are happy! i'll be hosting april's.

GreenStorm
March 31st, 2006, 04:31 AM
IS today the last day for enerting or is today the judge will decide who is the winner?