PDA

View Full Version : Card Captor Sakura

Skye
March 26th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I wish they still played it in the US. Cardcaptor Sakura was awesome! Not the dubbed diced and sliced version, but the authentic Japanese stuff. The US did an awful job with it, getting rid of the first eight episodes...cutting out some of the relationship stuff...gah! Sorry about the venting! Any other CCS fans out there??

ChoasTheory
March 26th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Eh, I never even watched it XD.

Chairman Kaga
March 26th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I didn't mind the American version (the only version I've ever seen.) It got better in season 2 with Ua and that villain guy who's name I forgot...WB obviously butchered it because I saw a lot of potential for that show to be good if they would have just dubbed it right. Overall it was better than most stuff on the WB at the time it was on...did they make more episodes in Japan even after they cancelled it here in america? I've always wondered if there was anything beyond the second season...

Ryoutarou
March 26th, 2004, 12:51 PM
there was a movie that closed up the anime and thats it but there is a alternate universe called tsubasa the manga of it comes out in a few days....i liked it the american version was okay...dont know why people grip so much the voices change...big deal! I have both version's and i think they are both good.

The Pokemaster
March 26th, 2004, 02:14 PM
im afraid i love the Doujinshis of that stuff, I think Madison/Tomoyo is the Cyutest anime girl in existence.

Cherrim
March 26th, 2004, 06:51 PM
there was a movie that closed up the anime and thats it but there is a alternate universe called tsubasa the manga of it comes out in a few days....i liked it the american version was okay...dont know why people grip so much the voices change...big deal! I have both version's and i think they are both good.
It's not just the voice changes people are annoyed about. In Tomoyo/Madison's case, not only did they drastically change her voice, but they completely changed her character. Now, don't get me wrong, I dont' *hate* the dub. Heck, it inspired me to pick up the Japanese version... and I'd never have gotten into subtitled anime if not for that. XP But it does pale in comparison to the original if you ask me.

X3 I love Cardcaptor Sakura. Although I've only seen about 30 episodes and the movies subbed, it's still really good. *doesn't have the money to get the rest of the series and sorta lost interest, though* ._.;

Hikaru's Twin
March 27th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Well, i'm a fan of CCS, and even though the dubbed version was a bit messed up, i'm not too bothered by it. But to be honest, i actually prefer the Manga more to the series. ^_^

Ryoutarou
March 27th, 2004, 10:13 AM
ya manga is better....and i dont like all thoese poeple who grip to munch about the dubbing

UmbreonsShadow
March 27th, 2004, 10:16 AM
CCS! XD
I Love that show!! *Misses it terribly*
I was only able to see the first two seasons in the US. I heard the Japanese version was way better.

Ryoutarou
March 27th, 2004, 10:49 AM
there were only 2 seasons...

Skye
March 27th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Yep Yep...two seasons total, and a movie to wrap up each season. The Japanese version rocks...and so does the manga!

Cherrim
March 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Actually, there were technically three seasons, if I'm not mistaken... two for the first half of the series and then the third season consisted of Sakura changing the cards to Sakura/Star cards. XP

Kimi88
March 27th, 2004, 11:59 AM
sakura is my favorite so is tomoyo! who has a favorite card? i like all of them!^_^

Cherrim
March 27th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I think my favourite card would have to be Dash... it's so cute. X3 I like the one's that look chibified too, though. Like Rain and Cloud. ^_^

And Fly is pretty nifty, too. :3

digi-kun
March 27th, 2004, 12:41 PM
there was a movie that closed up the anime and thats it but there is a alternate universe called tsubasa the manga of it comes out in a few days....
i like CCS it was pretty cool im still waiting for my friend to give back the cd i lent him with movie 2...
that manga...do u refer to Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE???
many of the CCS sites that i used to have are now down which i dont like

Chairman Kaga
March 27th, 2004, 12:42 PM
There were wood and water cards, weren't there? I think those were my favorites...I don't remember what a lot of the cards looked like...it's been so long since it was on...

Cherrim
March 27th, 2004, 12:48 PM
i like CCS it was pretty cool im still waiting for my friend to give back the cd i lent him with movie 2...
that manga...do u refer to Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE???
many of the CCS sites that i used to have are now down which i dont like
Yeah, there aren't many left, sadly. I really miss the big ones that were out there, but most especially cardcaptors.net or whatever its URL was. ._.;; I found that the CCS sites always had the greatest and most original layouts. XD

Hikaru's Twin
March 27th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Yeah, it is a shame that some of the good sites have gone down...i only know of one, which is still a fantastic site...(Sakura Loves God) (http://www.sakuralovesgod.fr.fm/)

Skye
March 27th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Another few good sites are the http://www.kawaiisakurashrine.com/, and http://hohofandom.sugar-pop.net/ (http://http://hohofandom.sugar-pop.net/).

digi-kun
March 27th, 2004, 08:35 PM
ya...i use kawaii sakura shrine
if u noticed, a lot of the ccs sites used hikarii.net...just wondering if any of u noticed that...

Sapphire Titan
April 2nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
Hey Guys! I haven't posted in awhile but I'm a HUGE CCS fan! I have one DVD of the Japanese version, the first volume. It's reaaaly good!

UmbreonsShadow
April 3rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
Oh, there were only two seasons? Oops, my bad. Lol ^^;
Well, I haven't seen the movies. Are they any good?

My favorite card would be Dash or Ice. The reaons why: Dash is cute, Ice is a giant crystal looking goldfish! Muahahaha!!
*cough cough* Oh sorry... couldn't help myself ^.^

The only CCS site I ever went to was the URL from uh... *thinks* I think it's on my boardgame's box. I went there once, but it needed updating and kept forgetting that I had an account there. X.x;

Does anyone have the CCS Wonderswan game?

Kimi88
April 18th, 2004, 09:09 AM
cardcaptor sakura......huh.......my fav anime ^_~

PKMN_grl
April 19th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Ooo! I like CCS too! *waves but then notices everyone staring*

Yeah, I first saw the dubbed version and thought it was kewl. Then, after doing research, I found out what the original version was like. I can't really hate the dub for being... well... the dub... I can only find Nelvana to blame.

CCS was probably one of my first animes. I learned a heck load of japanese in it and I love thier songs. I kinda lost intersest in it, but my lil sister has been watching the VCD's of the 3rd series over and over. It just makes me realize why I liked it.

*gets thrown with SPAM Ham*

Ow... Ok my favorite card would be... Uh... *checks in my Clow Book* Um... Dash, I guess, for looking so much like Espeon... My favorite character is Shaoran. I say he's the sanest person in the show. I used to like Tomoyo, but I realized how annoying she was.

*get's thwacked by Tomoyo fans*

*runs away*

digi-kun
April 30th, 2004, 06:27 PM
NO Tomoyo is very annoying!!!
Couples of CCS:
Sakura & Shaoran
Tomoyo & Eriol
Yukito & Touya(no its not gay Touya saved his life)

Cherrim
May 1st, 2004, 07:53 AM
Well, technically Touya & Yukito are gay, but in a good sense. ^_^; There's nothing wrong with it, I just think too many people are uptight about it. o_O

I like Sakura & Shaoran. They're so adorable together. <3 In fanfiction, though, I like Shaoran & Eriol. It's usually hilarious, but then, I tend to like couplings that would never work out because the two dislike eachother. o_O

Ryoutarou
May 1st, 2004, 08:34 AM
wasent shoron gay though? I mean he did have a crush on yukito

Cherrim
May 1st, 2004, 06:04 PM
No, I'm pretty sure Shaoran was just attracted to Yukito/Yue's magical power since it was so strong. Wasn't there an episode into the 3rd season in which Yue told Shaoran why he liked Yukito? If there was, that's what caused Shaoran to go after Sakura instead. @_@

Skye
May 2nd, 2004, 07:55 AM
Yep...the only reason Syaroan liked Yuki was because he had magical powers. He found out later that he loved Sakura and was just neglecting his feelings towards her. ^_^ So kawaii!!

digi-kun
May 3rd, 2004, 06:06 PM
I say he was hiding it/never got a chance to admit Kero & Touya Always get in the way...only chance he got(admitted) was epi 70 (They Dubbed it out though)
then movie 2 is almost totally concentrated on Sakura Telling Syaroan her feelings

Sapphire
May 4th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Ive only seen the dub *sniffle* not fair! thats...the....best (one of the best) shows ever!!
I never really like the Sakura/Shaoran pairing...and Ive got my reasons...
Did you know there was a CCS game for the GBC?

Cherrim
May 4th, 2004, 03:19 PM
There are two... and I've got them both as ROMs, but only one of them works and I they're both completely in Japanese. x.o; When I played it, I was useless because I didn't know the language. But now that I've been reminded of their existance and I might actually know enough Japanese to get me through the first little bit.. maybe I can do it. @_@; Lol..

Sapphire
May 4th, 2004, 03:21 PM
There are two... and I've got them both as ROMs, but only one of them works and I they're both completely in Japanese. x.o; When I played it, I was useless because I didn't know the language. But now that I've been reminded of their existance and I might actually know enough Japanese to get me through the first little bit.. maybe I can do it. @_@; Lol..*claps* you can do it you really try! (i hate that song...XD )
two...thats cool..*goes off to look for them*

digi-kun
May 8th, 2004, 03:32 PM
id like to ask whether the dub voices were changed in the english CCS 2: The sealed card...

Cherrim
May 8th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Umm... *goes off on a search* XP

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2026

I don't recognize any of the english cast members as the original dub VAs, so yes, they were changed. ^_^;

digi-kun
May 8th, 2004, 07:22 PM
any way the original VA for CCS is THE BEST!!!

jj984jj
May 8th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Yes it was, here's a full review of the movie.
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=110218

digi-kun
May 9th, 2004, 10:27 AM
y review it when i have a subbed on my comp? its a really good movie none the less...the dub makers really cut up as many S+S scenes as they could...and then the second movie is a S+S movie i can tell y they didn't want to make it...

Cherrim
May 9th, 2004, 10:37 AM
I'm glad Nelvana had no part in this. <3 They would have completely ruined it... and made it as though Shaoran was only there so he could have the Void Card to himself or something like that. XD; (Wouldn't that be awful? ;_;')

digi-kun
May 11th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Man the movie would be cut up WAY too much...its crazy how badly they could have cut it up...

Cherrim
May 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
It probably would have been about 15-30 minutes of movie content, and then a bunch of clips from the episodes strung together as makeshift flashbacks. <_<; Nelvana is just... ugh...

digi-kun
May 13th, 2004, 02:53 PM
ya id probably go with 20 min. for the movie...i mean...just the first couple epis...you can tell it sucks...dub i mean...starting way after the series should start...its just sad...

Pok'e Fan
May 23rd, 2004, 09:11 PM
Hi!!!! I would love to join Cardcaptor Sakura Club!!!I love to watch it. It is one of my fav shows.