PDA

View Full Version : your very first pokemon episode??

djvolcom
March 1st, 2006, 07:31 PM
1999 i think, on my way to church school, i came across WGN, when all of sudden i saw pokemon, i was happy to see they amde a cartoon, it was the episode of the squirtle squad, and how pikachu is captured, then at the end squirtle joins their team, and leaves the squad. my very first episode.... i remember it, just about 4-6 years ago

EDIT: somewhere between 3rd grade, and 4th grade, when i first saw it!

Karasuma
March 1st, 2006, 07:42 PM
I was in the fourth grade, some of my classmates were talking about this anime and they were singing "Gotta Catch em all" so I told them what channel is it on. I remember it perfectly the first episode I saw, it was when Ash just won his 3rd badge and was heading to the S.S. Anne. Everything seemed new to me and so many creatures. After a while, you finally memorize all of the names of the Pokemon.

Tsugaru
March 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hmmmm that i cant really remember but i think it was when ash was just going back to mistys gym with misty and brock to meet her sisters or somthing and then they leave for jhoto....

pokejungle
March 1st, 2006, 08:12 PM
I saw the first one ... first XD

Ah, back in third grade. Those were the days! =3

Gumball Watterson
March 2nd, 2006, 03:17 AM
i was just a little baby in 1998 when i saw thet at first mexico had jotho leage and i saw an episode i dont remember which one all i know they cancelled it and i moved to the USA in 1999then pokemon resumed there then started again in mexico after orange island adventures started here

Hikarii
March 2nd, 2006, 07:10 AM
I was in the fourth grade, some of my classmates were talking about this anime and they were singing "Gotta Catch em all" so I told them what channel is it on. I remember it perfectly the first episode I saw, it was when Ash just won his 3rd badge and was heading to the S.S. Anne. Everything seemed new to me and so many creatures. After a while, you finally memorize all of the names of the Pokemon.

I saw the exact same episode for my first one o.o

I was in 3rd grade, and one day at my grandma's after watching Sailormoon as I normally did, I left the TV on after the show ended. Then Pokemon started! I had no idea what it was, but I kept watching it anyway. ('cause I thought Satoshi was pretty cute..) It took me a few moments to realize this was what the kids at school were talking about. XD

~Archer~
March 2nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
A few years ago, don't really remember when, i turned my tv on and saw the episode where Ash catches Bulbasaur.

I remember perfectly that it was the moment when Pikachu used his Thunder Shock and Ash catched him.

BigC
March 2nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
My first episode of Pokemon was "Pokemon, I CHOOSE YOU!" when i first started watching it in the 5th grade.

Himawarii
March 2nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
The first episode of Pokemon I saw was the one with Bulbasaur in it..I was in Mexico at the time,so it was Spanish dubbed version.
I never got into the series until 4 years later D:

mew2_v1
March 2nd, 2006, 01:08 PM
First pokemon episode hmmm.......... well first episode i watch is when Ash battle against Danny (Orange League) for Searuby badge. But its italian version

djvolcom
March 2nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
First pokemon episode hmmm.......... well first episode i watch is when Ash battle against Danny (Orange League) for Searuby badge. But its italian version

that is liek so far, into the series!

Trainer Rachel
March 2nd, 2006, 03:46 PM
Ah yes, I remember my first Pokemon episode... 1999, getting ready for school in the morning, and Electric Shock Showdown (Pikachu VS Raichu) was on ^_^ Great ep to start things off with

Entei Fan
March 2nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
Very first hmmmmmmm , the episode when Raupy (German name for Caterpie) was captured and was ready to transform into Smetbo (German name for Butterfree) , him looking into the moon as Smetbo was shown (episode 3/4 i think) (starts being sad) when does he come back? I miss him so much , he was cool as a buggy

Hmmm Year? 1998 i think , age 13-14 :)

Sweet May
March 2nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
The first episode I saw was the one where Satoshi caught Catapie in Kanto (Ash Catches A Pokemon). I was like 7 or something. So yeah... x.x

Aegis
March 2nd, 2006, 04:28 PM
I saw "Pokemon Emergancy!". I first heard about it in school then at my birthday party everyone assumed it was a pokemon party so they got me pokemon, been hokked ever since XP

Katsu-Bang
March 2nd, 2006, 04:34 PM
My very first episode was "The Great Race", not to far into the series so it was a good start!

Nodroz
March 2nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
The first episode I watched was "Dig Those Diglett", which was when I was in fourth grade.

Barboach
March 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
first time i ever saw pokemon was when i was 6 or 7 years old. first eppy i saw was when bulbasaur acted like he was fainted because he wanted ash to catch him

djvolcom
March 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM
first time i ever saw pokemon was when i was 6 or 7 years old. first eppy i saw was when bulbasaur acted like he was fainted because he wanted ash to catch him

that was also a scene in the beginning intro, lol

superd188
March 3rd, 2006, 07:48 PM
Ahh the first epwas on my birthday and had been witing to watch it was the first permire ever and first ep so good

pikachu007
March 3rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
the first episode I saw was the plot episode Battle aboard the st anne on
channel 33 at 2:30 in the afternoon it was the day before I entered 6th grade
the first pokemon knew was pikachu & meowth. And after that day I was hooked & still am.C:\Documents and Settings\Marcus D. Morton.ZEKEFOREVER\My Documents\My Pictures\pikachu file\ppikachu23[1].jpg

Ari-chan
March 4th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Back in forth grade I was flipping through channels and found the Evee Brothers episode of pokemon on TV, it was near the very end by the photo finish, I was just learning about anime from Sailor Moon around that time so I was curious. Later though I found out my brothers were already watching it, and show me recordings they had on tape. after watching the first two episode I was hooked onto the anime. Later that year the card game got popular, and I tried to make money off of it, but missed the peak for selling all the rare cards I collected. during that time I made friends who were also into anime, and they got me into seeing more anime. I got wrapped up in them and started to around Jhoto loose interest for a while. Years later by the time I was 16, I saw the 7th movie and was hooked again. Funny how things are sometimes.

Psycho
March 4th, 2006, 07:24 AM
If I recall correctly, the very first episode that I ever saw was "Ash Captures A Pokemon" and I was at my grandmother's house.

Psycho

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 5th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I remember the 1st time I seen pokemon the Date was
September 8th 1998
Thats when it 1st aired on kids WB.

~Dark Venusaur

Karrit
March 6th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Mine was the first episode where Ash gets Pikachu back in 1998. I watched it before going to work.

DoubleWide
March 6th, 2006, 09:49 AM
The first one I saw was the episode where Ash sets his Butterfree free. A few years later I watched "Mr. Mime Time" and was hooked. :t122:

cryztalwing
March 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I started to watch PoKeMoN when the first season was still airing. The orange Island season was pretty good,but than it started to get boring with the Johto season's. Only when the added May into the show, and started over with the Honne leage , PoKeMoN Advance season it started to get very good agian! Advance challange had some very funny and good episode's and Kanto battle Fronter look's like it might be the best season so for.... True Blue Swablu is the best episode ever maid, so for!

Houndour2004
March 6th, 2006, 10:54 AM
The first one here too back in spring 1999.

Karrit
March 7th, 2006, 11:41 AM
I didn't watch Pokemon for a while. Then I came back in during the episode where Brock freaks out by the mention of Professor Ivy's name. It took my by surprise and got me into watching it again.

Twilight Itachi X
March 8th, 2006, 04:28 AM
The first episode I seen was "Bye Bye Butterfree", when Pokemon was airing on UPN. I was hooked ever since.

Fire_Pikachu
March 11th, 2006, 01:04 AM
The first episode I was was the very first one (I think)

Smarties-chan
March 11th, 2006, 01:25 AM
The first episode I saw was 'The challenge of the samurai', it might have been 'Ash catches a Pokémon', bbut I'm pretty sure it was the one I said before.

Pyroli
March 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM
my first epi was... oh my... *looks it up* Case of the K-9 Capers! :D the one with the Growlithe police force. it was early on a Saturday morning, summertime. I was prolly eight years old, and I was sitting there in the kitchen thinking "Th' 'eck am Ah watchin'?" like, I knew it was Pokemon, but I was just watching it like... what? XD it was only after the episode had finished that I said to my friends "that Pokemon stuff is pretty cool :O" and that's how my love for the series started. I went back and watched the whole series up to that point. :>

JigPu
March 12th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I believe (not sure :D) that the first episode I saw was "Pokémon Emergency!" when UPN was still in charge. I didn't really get into it though until a while later when episodes started appearing 30 minutes before school started. At that point, I started watching it quite a bit.

I had always assumed that I first started watching in the 8th grade, but apparently that's impossible since it first aired the first week of my freshman year. Guess I musta just been exposed to the GB version instead :D

JigPu

Light_Azumarill
March 13th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Heh, the first episode I saw was Holy Matrimony!. You know, the one with James' family and his fiancee? Yeah, TR cracked me up in that episode, and I swear I laugh every time at that one part where Jessie and Meowth figure out that James' parents can see them. Heh, too funny.

Plus Growlie's a cutie. :3

RLan69
March 13th, 2006, 01:15 PM
First episode I saw was "Showdown in Dark City," with Scyther and Electabuzz (still two of my old faves).

RocketCat
March 14th, 2006, 07:04 PM
I actually got into the show reaaally late- My first episode was "The Superhero Secret," the episode with Gligar Man... early Johto. That's only because I started watching it in 4th grade. But also the Orange League was being shown around that time, so maybe it was just a preview of the next season?

Arkon
March 14th, 2006, 08:50 PM
first episode i saw..was the first pokemon episode out..it came on one morning before school, australian tv release..it rocked..i remember it well :P...gengar vs nidorino in the stadium on ashes tv..i remember it all..pokemon consumed me and all of my friends..to this day it has a strong hold on me..and some of my friends..and it will forever..we even played the games on gameboy in class even though we knew we'd get in trouble.. :cool: :nervous: :bandit:

Yggdrasill-sama
March 18th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Hmm... I think it was "Electric Shock Showdown."

magnawizzard
March 18th, 2006, 12:32 PM
My friends kept talking about a show called Pokemon in school and I was kind of annoyed how everyone knew about it except me. I never got a chance to catch the show myself and I started hating it. Then one miraculous day, my chance came. My first ep was the one where Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and the magic show. I kept watching after that and now I can't stop. :classic:

Ketchup as a Vegetable
March 18th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Island of the Giant Pokémon was my first. I was just flipping through the channels too...

Tootmonster
March 20th, 2006, 07:31 AM
it would have to be pokemon i choose you
my the series has come a long way since that rather bad dub
and the awful and weird james voice in the second ep
then again i regret missing a lot of advanced and advanced challenge
as i lost track of when they were on and that advanced was on at awkwrd time
but now i have caught up

Egyptian Sphinx
March 20th, 2006, 09:01 AM
My first episode was when Ash went to Professor Oak's lab to get a Charmander, Squirtle or Bulbasaur and that was in 1999

JAG
March 21st, 2006, 03:20 PM
I saw the first episode first. :D
Really you can't just jump in in the middle of it...

Orca
March 22nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
What a nostalgic-y topic! Hmmm, i'm not absolutely sure, but I think my first was "Ash Catches a Pokemon".

Raze-finiarel
March 23rd, 2006, 08:13 AM
I saw the first ep in 98. I remember sitting on the couch trying to figure out what it was, but was hooked. Then I remember when the Orange Island season came out, I was some younger age, and freaked out about the opening scene changing XD

Charaxes
March 23rd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the beginning with me with "Battle Abroad the St Anne" before the pilot "Pokemon I Choose You!".

It ended with "will Ash and friends make it? Well, you'll have to wait to see as tomorrow we will go to where it all began. Stay tuned."

Even then I knew the series was going to be big and it was...just at the time didn't know how big.

At least I can say I did it from the real beginning!

blastoise>you
March 25th, 2006, 03:34 PM
AHHHH Finaly a place I can blame the start of my bad habbit that I love so much.....

I was in the 3rd grade I came home from school one day and had an oreo brownie and watched the episode of dragonball Z when Gohan was trying to escape from Piccolo because the training was to hard and he wanted to see his mom, but decided that it would be better to fight and try to save her.....

And then it all happened....I turned to the cartoon block on the WB and it was on commercial so then I turned to UPN....and there it was. Pokemon before it exploded in my town.

The episode was when that ******* trainer ditched Charmander in the rain and Ash and the gang decide to save it before it's tail went out. The best episode I've ever seen. I was so intrigued (like the first time I saw a naked woman that wasn't my mom). Then I tried and tried to watch it but I couldnt remember what time it was on. Then I finaly found it again at the episode when the gang goes and finds Gangar, Haunter and Gastly. And then it statered over and I watched it from the begining and then the rest is history.....

But I went to school and My teacher said we had freetime and I drew a charmander(still have that crappy picture) And my friend asked me if that was a pokemon, I said yeah and he showed me the cards I said "they hae cads!!" Then I asked him if he watched it too and we then watched Pokemon and Dragonball Z every day together and traded cards. then we brought them to school and what seemed like was starting from us(It wasn't) a phenom was born. I found out there was a game and almost had a heart attack. There is sooo much more but I dont want to talk about it anymore.

P.S. Thinking about that Charmander episode makes me want to cry, not because it was sad but because I was so happy 8 years ago now I'm just sad......

Vibes
March 27th, 2006, 04:37 PM
The earliest I remember is that episode in, I think, Saffron City, where in the end, a rocket is launched and it flies in the air... I miss that episode, and I barely remember anything about it, really...

I hope this isn't off-topic, but I remember my last episode. The last episode I really watched for an extremely long time was Forest Grumps, with the Ursaring. This episode was an OK one, but after this episode, I wasn't liking Pokemon anymore, and I stopped watching it. In fact, I still rarely watch the show. (but I hear it has gotten better since Johto, so I'll need to give it a chance...)