PDA

View Full Version : New Types and/or Type Combinations

Zelos
March 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
First off just to tell you, I'm not sure if this is in the right place. Please move it if it isn't ^^;;

Second, this is not to speculate about what will be in D/P, but rather what you think should be there, but please, feel free to chat what you think should be in there as well.

I thought I should make a thread where people could make up their own types that they would like to see, or one that they would just love to use. Also, you could make up a cool type combination that you would like to see, or think should be in the games. Doesn't matter, either way.

For me, personally, I think that there should be Light type Pokemon. Since we have Dark types, I think we should have the opposite type, They would be super-effective against dark and whatever else, and certain types like Dark would be ineffective against it.

As for type combinations, I think seeing a Flying/Electric Pokemon would be cool. It would eliminate their supreme weakness, electricity, and would probably be a really cool pokemon, anyway.

What do you all think? =D

aragornbird
March 2nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

A Light type would be cool and they can change all those Normal moves into Light like Flash or Morning Sun.
I can see Cosmic making an appearance. These would be space related Pokemon like Clefable, Lunatone, Solrock, Deoxys, and Jirachi. It would be a strange type though, and hard to make appropriate weaknesses and resistances.

As for type combinations, I think seeing a Flying/Electric Pokemon would be cool. It would eliminate their supreme weakness, electricity, and would probably be a really cool pokemon, anyway.

What do you think Zapdos is, huh?

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Zelos
March 2nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Oh, well I just meant like a regular Pokemon instead of a Legendary, seeing as the legendary birds only make appearances in the first games, and through trading to others o.O

Mail Jeevas
March 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
It's an insteresting theme...

And I agree with Tyson, Zapdos is the only Flying/Electric pokemon and its a legendary, so I think they made it like this because it makes him a really hard-to-beat pokemon.

I'd love to see Light pokemons, but I'd prefer a new combination, because if they make another type, it maybe a lot of trouble to make the weakness and resistances.

In my opinion, there should be a Water/Fire pokemon (I know that sounds dumb, but in any case, you know it's cool) or a Ice/Electric pokemon.

ELGONZO!!!

PS: Maybe I make a Ice/Electric or Fire/Water pokemon in my hack ;)

Zelos
March 2nd, 2006, 01:46 PM
Hmm, those sound a little weird, but I bet they would be pretty interesting ^^

Mail Jeevas
March 2nd, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I mean, If you thin about it, there isn't too many "new" combinations.
Most of the coherent combinations have already been made. The only one that it's very VERY coherent that hasn't been made is Fire/Dragon ;)

Did you ever noticed that?

ELGONZO!!!

Zelos
March 2nd, 2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I guess Fire/Dragon would be pretty obvious XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 11th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Here is my combination list
1.)Bug/Dragon
2.)Bug/Dark
3.)Bug/Electric
4.Bug/Fire
5.)Bug/Ice
6.)Bug/Normal
7.)Bug/Psychic
8.)Dark/Dragon
9.)Dark/Electric
10.Dark/Fighting
11.)Dark/Ground
12.)Dark/Normal
13.Dark/Poison
14.)Dark/Psychic
15.)Dark/Steel
16.)Dragon/Electric
17.)Dragon/Fire
18.)Dragon/Fighting
19.)Dragon/ghost
20.)Dragon/Grass
21.)Dragon/Ground
22.)Dragon/Ice
23.)Dragon/NormaL
24.)Dragon/poison
25.Dragon/Psychic
26.)Dragon/Steel

:t003:Dark Venusaur

shanecdavis
March 13th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Personally, I would love to see a Ghost/Normal type or even a Fighting/Normal type. That would kick ***.

Alpham-A-Epsilons
March 13th, 2006, 09:53 AM
I would like to see a Water/Normal type or Grass/Steel and Just types based on the elements like
Fire
Water
Air
Earth
Spirit
Space
Time
Lightning

Kylie-chan
March 13th, 2006, 04:21 PM
From your post, this is still about dual generation games - not speculation, just wishing -, so off it goes to the Dual Generation area =3

+MOVED+

March 13th, 2006, 05:05 PM
27.)Electric/Fire
28.)Electric/Fighting
29.)Electric/Ghost-YAH
30.)Electric/Grass
31.)Electric/Normal
32.)Electric/Psychic
33.)Electric/Poison

Zelos
March 15th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Wow, that's a lot of combinations, Dark Venusaur ^^;

Oh, and sorry Kylie-chan, I was really confused as to where this should go, so I just picked a place and hoped ^^;;;

I pretty much told what I wanted, but I guess I COULD think of some more *Ponders on new types*

March 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM
More combinations
34.)Fire/Ghost
35.)Fire/Grass(very stupid but still)
36.)Fire/Ice
37.)Fire/Normal
38.)Fire/Poison
39.)fire/Psychic
40.)Fire/Water
41.)Fire/water(the dumbest one yet.)
42.)Flying/Ghost
43.)Flying/Fighting
44.)Fighting/Normal

Zelos
March 17th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Fire/water...xD

What an unstoppable combination =D

Raze-finiarel
March 19th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Hmm,..well:
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Psychic (Me: XD)
Ice/Dragon
Water/Psychic
Fire/Psychic
And...
Dragon/Dark
Or...
Dragon/Ghost

Espeon Master
March 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Dragon/Electric would be awesome, and maybe even a fire/bug like a Bombardier Beetle

PKMN Nick
March 19th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Maybe a Wood Type pokemon...

Gravity/Cosmic

Kurosaki~Dragon
March 19th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Steel/Dragon
Steel/Flying

would be cool

Forci Stikane
March 19th, 2006, 04:21 PM
...Water/Psychic=Starmie, Dragon/Psychic=Lati@s, & Steel/Flying=Skarmory...

How about sticking to ones not done yet??

...Like Dark/Ground...

Ice demon
March 19th, 2006, 04:25 PM
ice/dragon would be totally awesome...

duffin
March 19th, 2006, 05:13 PM
A steel and poison wouldn't be that bad either

Twilight Itachi X
March 20th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Dark/Electric
Dark/Steel
Fire/Electric
Water/Fire
Psychic/Fire
Dark/Normal
Dark/Grass
Electric/Fighting
Those are my types.

bluestorm
March 22nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
water/steel.... i want water/steel!!! :D:D:D

Forci Stikane
March 22nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Hey, here's a thought...what if they upgraded the type system for DP....and made the maximum for each Pokemon THREE types instead of just two?? That adds a whole new dimension to this.....

Toothache
March 23rd, 2006, 03:36 AM
Three types would make things too complex. Besides, look at Sableye, that has only two types and no weaknesses. (unless you count a Foresight/Fighting weakness). It's like adding a new type, it's unnecessary since things are nicely balanced now. Dark and Steel were necessary additions, anything more isn't really and would throw the balance back out of whack.

bluestorm
March 23rd, 2006, 03:44 AM
thats a good idea! well it does have good/bad sides to it... grr.... can never get the supper effective on sableye!!! grrr...... yah a bit too complex but I wonder if that will happen although I doubt it, but we'll see.....in the next.... *looks at watch* 4-9 months i gess... sigh!:\

Raze-finiarel
March 23rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
All's I can say is:
A: Steel and Dark were only made to balance out the number of types, like Toothache mentioned. They won't make any new types. Period.

B: Dragon's are already very Powerful, and adding fire would decrease the damage from ice, a Dragon's biggest weakness.That's probably why they haven't added THE single most obvious type combination ever. I'd still like to see a Thunder/Dragon, Dark/Dragon, or Ghost/Dragon.

bluestorm
March 23rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
good idea. I wouldnt mind seeing some more ghost types

March 24th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Ice
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Water
Ground/Normal
Ground/Poison
Ground/Steel
Grass/Ice
Grass/Normal
Grass/Steel
Ice/Normal
Ice/POison
Ice/Psychic
Ice/Steel
Normal/Poison
Normal/Psychic
Normal/Steel
Normal/Water
Psychic/Posion
Psychic/Water-Is there already
Poison/Steel

bluestorm
March 24th, 2006, 01:36 PM
ghost normal seems maybe a bit too much for me. perhaps Normals nor ghosts could attack it. plus it probly would be weak against fighting and/or dark. sorry! I shouldnt critisize! XD cool ideas anyway!

March 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
ghost normal seems maybe a bit too much for me. perhaps Normals nor ghosts could attack it. plus it probly would be weak against fighting and/or dark. sorry! I shouldnt critisize! XD cool ideas anyway!
No its okay. I know what you are trying to prove but a Ghost/Normal type can get knocked out by Dark types. They could make it like I never said that they will make a Ghot/Dark and then they did a Sableye.

bluestorm
March 25th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Ok, I kinda get what yer aiming at. And yeah... grr....i dispise sableye.... nothing is super effective against it

March 25th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, I kinda get what yer aiming at. And yeah... grr....i dispise sableye.... nothing is super effective against it
Yes if you get a fighting type Pokemon that has Foresight and then use a fighting type move then yes. Who ever made Sableye is a real genious. And I think Bug is also super effective

Forci Stikane
March 30th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Whoever made Sableye and then gave it rather sub-par stats is the genius...

March 30th, 2006, 03:49 PM
If you see my other Post where I had the list of Pokemon. Lets duscuss

bluestorm
March 30th, 2006, 03:58 PM
An ice/poison combination sounds awesome!

March 30th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Okay lets see
Ice weakness -Fire, Steel, Fighting and Rock
Poison- Ground and Psychic
That seems to be good. Maybe that certain Pokemon could have a very good Defense Stat and a weaker Special Attack.
How about Ghost/Normal:t201-qu:

bluestorm
March 31st, 2006, 05:02 AM
cool! or maybe a fire/electric ...

March 31st, 2006, 05:21 AM
A Fire/Electric type will be excellent. Double the damage with a ground time move. Earthquake anyone.

bluestorm
March 31st, 2006, 01:43 PM
yay fire electric! or how bout a physic/dark? or a fire/ground?

March 31st, 2006, 02:39 PM
There is a Fire/Ground type-Numel&Camerupt. Psychic/Dark weakness-Bugx4 thats good. Its like the same as Swampert being a Ground/Water type and Grass is x4 the damage

Forci Stikane
March 31st, 2006, 03:34 PM
New legendaries:

Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Water
Dragon/Ground

March 31st, 2006, 05:15 PM
There are too many legi that are Dragons. There should be a Ghost legi

bluestorm
April 1st, 2006, 06:03 PM
I completely agree with you Dark Venusaur. There are way too many and a ghost legend would be cool!

April 1st, 2006, 06:24 PM
How about a Normal type Legi> They make it seem like Normal Pokemon types don't really matter

Forci Stikane
April 3rd, 2006, 05:01 PM
Rayquaza, Latios, Latias...only 3 legendary Dragons is not too many. Besides, I'm thinking more along the lines of chinese-dragon-like representing the 4 elements (Fire, Water, Earth, and Air (lightning)) similar to how Groudon and Kyogre represented the sea and land...

I think that there's some belief similar to the Zodiac that 4 dragons control the forces of the planet or something like that *reference to Digimon*... That's where the idea came from.

Ice demon
April 3rd, 2006, 05:21 PM
I really want to see a dragon/ice and a dragon/electric both with levitate ability...
[On an unrelated note, i want arti to get spikes...I mean delibird gets it...why shouldnt articuno?]

Actually, water/steel is a cool combo.
Only weaknesses would be electric/ground/fighting....with a pack of resistances..

April 4th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Since there are Pokemon from
Earth:Groundon
Land::t201-qu:(Grass, Normal or something else)
Sea:Kyrogue
Sky::t201-qu:(flying type)

Maybe they will put the missing Pokemon as the 2 main legis in diamond/pearl.

Forci Stikane
April 4th, 2006, 02:38 PM

...Earth and Land are the same thing......

My point was Pokemon representing the actual elements, not massive ecosystems like Groudon & Kyogre (Land & Sea are not elements, nor are they the same as Water & Earth).

JX Valentine
April 4th, 2006, 03:05 PM

I'd hate to tell you this, but:

Rayquaza (Dragon/Flying) = Sky
Celebi (Grass/Psychic) = Land/Forest whatever

^_^;

And to back up a few days and answer a question you had previously:

Water/Psychic = Starmie

See, that's the problem, I think. Many of the good type combos have already been done. Flying/Electric has Zapdos; pure Flying is going to be done by the newest bird; Dragon, while not having been overdone in canon, has been oversuggested by fans (as has Ghost); and there's way too many Water-types to even bother.

That leads me to say this: Normal-types. I'm serious. I mean, there may be sixty-two different Pokemon that are classified as Normal-types, yet the only two types that have shared Pokemon with the Normal category are Flying and Psychic. That means that out of those sixty-two Pokemon, 50% are pure Normal and the other half is either Normal/Flying or Normal/Psychic. How boring!

With that in mind, I'd personally like to see the following:

- Normal/Ghost
- Normal/Fighting (Although this isn't entirely practical, as it doesn't protect the Pokemon from its nice weakness to Fighting-type moves and, if anything, opens up an entirely new host of weaknesses.)
- Normal/Steel (Which is pretty much Mawile if you think about it.)
- Normal/Water (Which is pretty much Azurill if you think about it.)

And hey, maybe even a Normal-type legendary, just to give the type some lovin'.

...Although I'm surprised there has never been a Ghost-type legendary. You'd think there would be, considering the fact that there's a lot of legends concerning spirits. This, of course, opens up an entirely new category with possible ghosts:

- Ghost/Steel
- Ghost/Water (In honor of creepy, water-related ghosts.)
- Ghost/Fire (Which is pretty much the kitsune legend if you think about it.)
- Ghost/Grass (Mother Earth?)
- Ghost/Psychic (Why has there never been one before?)

April 6th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'd hate to tell you this, but:

Rayquaza (Dragon/Flying) = Sky
Celebi (Grass/Psychic) = Land/Forest whatever

^_^;
Hey thanks for the information.:D Ghost/Water will be like the best because the Ghost living in the water

bluestorm
April 9th, 2006, 11:18 AM
either ghostwater or ghostfire!

Wilph
April 10th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Dragon/Fighting FTW!

I'd like to see more interesting types with Poison. For example Poison/Psychic or Poison/Fire.

April 12th, 2006, 03:15 AM
There aren't that many combinations of Normal and Poison typed Pokemon so they need to do that.

:t003:dARk vENUSAUr

bluestorm
April 12th, 2006, 04:10 AM
ermhum... poison...flying? have they done dat yet?

Trainer Swift
April 12th, 2006, 04:18 AM
i think that they are trying to get outta flying i mean look at the recent games:

Pokemon Emerald: Rayquaza(Dragon/Flying)
Pokemon G/S:Celebi(Flying/Grass)
Pokemon LG/FR: Zapdos(Electric/Flying), Articuno(Ice/Flying), Moltres(Fire/Flying)

So i'm think that they are tryna get outta da habit of doing flying types. so they'll probably make up a new type. Like Dino(Dinosaur), Aligator or something lol. but i think thats what they are going to do

April 12th, 2006, 11:47 AM
They didn't but they should. I really think Gligar should be a Flying/Poison type because it has wings and its a scorpian and scorpian's are poisonus sometimes

bluestorm
April 17th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Good point. XD Ermhum.... a grass flying would also be intresting. Do you think Peruppu will be just flying?

code zerro the deluge
April 17th, 2006, 07:12 AM
grass and flying is Tropious. But yes I see what you are saying.

Beta Trainer
April 17th, 2006, 07:13 AM
As anyone ever considered Onix as a Dragon/Rock?

Just sprang to mind, he kinda reminded me with his snakeish body shape, and if you look closely, you might see a Dragon resemblance.

bluestorm
April 17th, 2006, 07:36 AM
EEP! Forgot about Tropius! ^^' And yeah, onix sorta does....

April 17th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I've always though of it as being a Rock type only but when GSC came out I use to think of it as a Steel/Rock type.

Ice demon
April 17th, 2006, 02:46 PM
i think that they are trying to get outta flying i mean look at the recent games:

Pokemon Emerald: Rayquaza(Dragon/Flying)
Pokemon G/S:Celebi(Flying/Grass)
Pokemon LG/FR: Zapdos(Electric/Flying), Articuno(Ice/Flying), Moltres(Fire/Flying)

So i'm think that they are tryna get outta da habit of doing flying types. so they'll probably make up a new type. Like Dino(Dinosaur), Aligator or something lol. but i think thats what they are going to do

Uh celebi is grass/psychic
GSC has lugia (psychic/flying) and ho-oh (fire/flying)

Volkner's Apprentice
April 17th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Hmm..yeah I want to see more water dual types as well as more ghosts. (How would a Ghost/Normal work? I don't think they're allowed to do that..)

April 18th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Ghost Weakness: Dark and Ghost
Normal weakness: Fighting
Ghost/Normal: Dark and fighting
Moves to use: Foresight etc. to use fighting type moves.

Trainer_Kris
April 18th, 2006, 09:54 AM
if they did have a Light type, Light should be super effective against dark like you said, but Dark should also be super effective against light

i'd like to see another water/dragon and maybe a water/fire and grass/dragon. steel/water would be cool too (the evolution of relicanth XD), is there any ice/dragon? dark/psychic would be different lol and grass/ground

And as for new types, I think there should be sonic (or sound), it sorta goes along with the idea of light if you catch my drift. I've heard ppl saying Magma (or Lava) would be cool, but don't say it's just like fire cause it's the same relation between water and ice. (different staes, fire=gas lava=liquid, just like water=liquid ice=solid)

these are wack ideas, but maybe wood and space too

Zone
April 18th, 2006, 10:44 AM
if they did have a Light type, Light should be super effective against dark like you said, but Dark should also be super effective against light

i'd like to see another water/dragon and maybe a water/fire and grass/dragon. steel/water would be cool too (the evolution of relicanth XD), is there any ice/dragon? dark/psychic would be different lol and grass/ground

And as for new types, I think there should be sonic (or sound), it sorta goes along with the idea of light if you catch my drift. I've heard ppl saying Magma (or Lava) would be cool, but don't say it's just like fire cause it's the same relation between water and ice. (different staes, fire=gas lava=liquid, just like water=liquid ice=solid)

these are wack ideas, but maybe wood and space too

Fire isn's a gas, and lava isn't the liquid form of fire. Also, they both symbolize hotness, while ice symbolizes coldness and water symbolizes in between the two.

Trainer_Kris
April 18th, 2006, 11:05 AM
water can be cold or hot, and you get the point of the relation

April 18th, 2006, 11:08 AM
But what we heared of so far there will be no new types. But light really should be a new type but with what moves we have no idea. The same with Wood and if there was a space type Deoxys should be Space/Psychic then. The steel/water type for an Relicanth(ugly fish) will be a great idea, it will be the first Steel/Water type.

Forci Stikane
April 22nd, 2006, 09:02 AM

Zubat
Golbat
Crobat

Come on, everyone! How could no one remember that!?? At least somebody caught the Celebi mistake...

And wood=grass...

April 22nd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Wood would be a good type. Because when you get a splinter in your finger it hurts sometimes well wood can hurt Pokemon

Forci Stikane
April 23rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Wood comes from trees, which are plants, whch goes with Grass. What they COULD do is make an attack based on wood (like firing small wood splinters in a Pin Missle-style attack), but it would be a Grass-type move.

wobbuffetds
April 23rd, 2006, 11:32 AM
I want to see different combinations for Grass, because I love Grass Pokémon! Maybe a Grass and Ghost for the tree of life or the sacred tree or something . . . ?

April 23rd, 2006, 02:06 PM
Wood comes from trees, which are plants, whch goes with Grass. What they COULD do is make an attack based on wood (like firing small wood splinters in a Pin Missle-style attack), but it would be a Grass-type move.
That would be a better idea then making a new type.