PDA

View Full Version : New Opening

Ryoutarou
March 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
Click. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=RPftPUoB3ik)

Down right now, but should be up soon. Anywho, a new opening aired in Japan taking the place of Battle Frontier, and making it, I think the opening that's been used for the least amount of time. Overall, I liked Battle Frontier better, it was probably the best opening Pokemon's ever had.

Treecko Tamer
March 3rd, 2006, 02:40 PM
I don't know Kazuhito, I actually liked it. True it's not as good as Battle Frontier's OP theme, but it's quite catchy. I'd have to hear the full version of it to really like it.

Plus, this is the first time we see Butterfree, Primape, Pigeot and Larvitar since they left Ash. A plus on the show's part.

Ryoutarou
March 3rd, 2006, 02:45 PM
I like the song, don't get me wrong, but I liked Battle Frontier a whole lot better. I'm probably gonna save my opinion on the song until I hear the full version. I think the opening scene more or less shows every Pokemon Satoshi has ever had...w00t, I can see the "Omg this is the END" rumors coming. Though it's more plausible than Symphonic Melody's "back to the beginning" theory.

Kurosaki
March 3rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
I like the song, don't get me wrong, but I liked Battle Frontier a whole lot better. I'm probably gonna save my opinion on the song until I hear the full version. I think the opening scene more or less shows every Pokemon Satoshi has ever had...w00t, I can see the "Omg this is the END" rumors coming. Though it's more plausible than Symphonic Melody's "back to the beginning" theory.
Not that it'd be bad if it actually happened. A new cast WOULD be nice. You can only use Satoshi for so long before he becames predictable and boring~

I like the song, it's got a nice tune. It just doesn't compare to Battle Frontier.

Katsu-Bang
March 3rd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Yay! Drew got 5 seconds! This is good then!

Aegis
March 3rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
Wow! I love that one, love the japenese and all. yay! May and Drew got so much air time! Also I liked the beat

Gumball Watterson
March 3rd, 2006, 03:14 PM
i think it will be the longest theme song of pokemon ever!

Miss Reyna
March 3rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
I like this one a lot. The music was great and the stuff in the opening theme was great too. I mean we seen all of Ash's old pokemon. I wonder if they are planning to make them appear again like Ash's butterfree. They are in Kanto so there is a chance. Just a thought.

Ari-chan
March 4th, 2006, 12:40 AM
I really like it, though Battle Frontier song I liked alittle more, I prefer this opening animation for some reason. I like how they show all the pokemon Ash ever had here. Though with May being so prominent in the beginning of this opening really made it feel like she was the star character. I also really liked the poker card part with the supporting characters. Showing the three main constest participants was nice too (once again, making it feel like they are the stars). All in all a fun opening... now when do we get a different ending, I feel like the Ash walking with pikachu ending with previouse scenes from the episode you just watched playing on the side as a song already used for an ending plays has been done enough (though I like the song, I think its time for a change). ^_^'

to Reyna fire: I thinks its moreso a looking back history thing then hinting at renunion thing, but if that does happen to happen I would be very happy.

Kotowari
March 4th, 2006, 04:47 AM
I realy liked this one. Battle Frontier was better ^_^
And all the Pokemon reappear, Butterfree, Larvitar and Tyrannitar. Yey^_^

Charaxes
March 4th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I don't know if it's Spurt or Spirit. Either way, Spurt is a weird name for an intro but then we know Japan's love for Engrish.

Anyway, I was surprised by the continuity. It isn't the first time for such themes (Rival! for the rivals naturally) but about time for the Pokemon.

The images are nice but the Drew/May/Harley and the Frontier Brains images rather did it for me. Beyond that, the rest are...bland ish to me. The card theme was fitting for the Rockets but I don't know that will be 4Kids take on it with their odd phobia of English words on the Japanese product. Even when it makes perfect sense.

It's like the Challenger! Not much at first glance but the more you listen, the more you get hooked but no, it's not Battle Frontier. Of course, it's real difficult for ANY theme to get above that one anymore.

Unown_
March 4th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Well, this opening looks great. The song is ok, though Battle Frontier was better. It's nice to know that the animators didn't forgot the Pokémon that Ash had before.

Of course, it's real difficult for ANY theme to get above that one anymore.
Never say never... ;)

Syaoran-Kun
March 4th, 2006, 03:02 PM
I personally thought the visuals were better done than Battle Frontier, even though the song doesn't quite live up to it.

IMO, all of Satoshi's old Pokemon appearing were quite nice. Kind of gave me a nostalgic feeling, a feeling that isn't common in Pokemon anymore.

Drew
March 4th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Yay! Drew got 5 seconds! This is good then!

XD You counted?
Wohoo! 5 seconds!

I'm waiting for it load.... I'll watch it in a second.

...*watches it* ...

XD That was awesome! That was one of the most amusing intros, animation wise, that I've seen in Pokemon, and I liked 'Spurt' too... It was a fun song.

...I think it was more like 1 second, May.... but still... it was a good one second! oO;

IMO, all of Satoshi's old Pokemon appearing were quite nice. Kind of gave me a nostalgic feeling, a feeling that isn't common in Pokemon anymore.

Yeah, that was nice as well. I miss all of his old Pokemon...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 5th, 2006, 11:28 AM
I am a memeber of that place youtube. And I have that video but its not that great like the 1st Battle frontier opening. Who Agrees?

~Dark Venusaur