PDA

View Full Version : No more Afternoon Pokemon on WB?!!

disbejackiee
March 4th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know WHY they cancelled all the cartoon shows (ESPECIALLY POKEMON!!!) on the weekdays now? What happened with kidsWB? Will they ever put it back? I sure hope they put afternoon pokemon back because I pretty much have nothing else to watch anymore! *pout*

Even some of my friends that don't watch cartoons that often are upset by that...

I think they should put it back, I mean- I wouldnt mind reruns, there were a LOT of episodes i missed..

Ryoutarou
March 4th, 2006, 03:34 PM
It's been like this for almost three months, the block was getting bad ratings so they cut it. No, it won't ever be back.

disbejackiee
March 4th, 2006, 03:59 PM
So basically the only time anyone can watch Pokemon here is on Saturdays? And only once? Great..

How I wish I could download episodes or something, since there are only a few that I really really want..

Otter Mii-kun
March 4th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I think it was much more than just ratings that KidsWB had to be discontinued for weekdays. Don't take my word for it but it's possible that there may be federal content regulations prohibiting childrens programming (non-PBS or EI) to be broadcast over-the-air during after school time periods. (though they can still be run on pay-TV)
I'd also blame corporate greed of TimeWarner-Benz for this move. The era of afternoon cartoon blocks is long gone...

There likely won't be a CW kids weekday block either.

-ottermi619-
As I said in an older thread regarding this situation-weekday children's programming has been destroyed by the cable boom of the 1990's. Were it not for these greedy media conglomerates (and FCC regulations to boot), syndicated afternoon programming would be getting high ratings from all ages.

dqle
March 4th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Eh? Where did you hear about no CW kids block???

Tuesday's announcement said that the WC network will retain the 30-hour "current scheduling model" of the WB: five weeknights of 8-10 in prime time, plus Sunday prime time from 7-10 p.m., early Sunday evenings and animation on Saturday mornings and weekday afternoons.
~MSNBC.com article #11007437
I am amused when I see them type wrong...
Anyways, the article claims that cartoons, or as they call it "animation programs", will be shown in weekday afternoons. There is still hope!

Granted, the article was published back in January...

Otter Mii-kun
March 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Anyways, the article claims that cartoons, or as they call it "animation programs", will be shown in weekday afternoons. There is still hope!
Still, I somehow seriously doubt if it will even go through by the time CW begins operations

disbejackiee
March 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Ahh sorry what's CW????

Yeah I'm kinda slow -__-"

Otter Mii-kun
March 4th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Ahh sorry what's CW????

Yeah I'm kinda slow -__-"
WB and UPN are ceasing operations and consolidating to make one new network starting this September. It is a joint venture between CBS Corporation (originally Viacom) and TimeWarner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CW_Television_Network

-ottermi619-
CBS Corpration was previously Viacom, Inc. until it split. The current Viacom is a separate publicly-traded company who owns BET, MTV, and Paramount Pictures (including its divisions Republic Pictures, Famous Music, and DreamWorks, though their televison operation is now part of CBS Corporation, which also acquired, and is in the process of selling, Paramount Parks)

disbejackiee
March 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yay there's still hope! I'll just keep hoping..

Although ottermi might be right, if they decided to cancel now, and if they combine wouldn't they have joint control over CW? In that case, what if WB refused to air cartoons on weekdays? *tear*

Gary, the Magic Fairy
March 4th, 2006, 07:44 PM
It's been like this for almost three months, the block was getting bad ratings so they cut it. No, it won't ever be back.
Really?! I haven't noticed, ithought I saw an ad about pokemon monday-friday, must be my imagination. I dont really care. lol

pokejungle
March 4th, 2006, 07:47 PM
it's possible that there may be federal content regulations prohibiting childrens programming (non-PBS or EI) to be broadcast over-the-air during after school time periods. (though they can still be run on pay-TV)
I'd also blame corporate greed of TimeWarner-Benz for this move. The era of afternoon cartoon blocks is long gone...

That's absolutely ludacris. It was the fact that the shows that replaced the cartoons are a lot better.

cryztalwing
March 5th, 2006, 03:02 AM
they probley start showing PoKeMoN agian in the after noon when it's summer, and every body is out on summer vaction. if they do they Should start over with the 6'th seson, PoKeMoN advance..

Lt. Surge's Raichu
March 5th, 2006, 07:36 AM
it is not like that i norway

XD

Drew
March 5th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Its because the ratings for the Afternoon Kid's WB has fallen alot since 2002.. so they figured it was a waste to keep it going, if they could just replace it with higher-rated shows. (Like ER! ...Stupid ER... I mean, its interesting...but it didn't have to replace Pokemon!) Anyhoo, It's a shame they took it off... T-T I miss watching it when I come home...

Gumball Watterson
March 5th, 2006, 10:45 AM
WHA....im gonna contact that stupididty of wb AGAIN.they dont care about japan and thats messin whit pokemon!*send a message to wb.com and kidswb.com*

*hey i won a pokeprize why did i go to wb again?*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 5th, 2006, 11:03 AM
But that is upsetting. Especially to me because I missed a lot of episode of Pokemon Advance. Besides I dont think it was Pokemon. I think it was those other shows that are BORING. i agree with you GAS.

~Dark Venusaur

disbejackiee
March 5th, 2006, 12:04 PM
I think we should all bombard them with emails telling them to put it back ;).

It better come back with CW..I mean think about those poor kids w/nothing to watch every day except saturday! JEEZ.

Miss Reyna
March 5th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Its because the ratings for the Afternoon Kid's WB has fallen alot since 2002.. so they figured it was a waste to keep it going, if they could just replace it with higher-rated shows. (Like ER! ...Stupid ER... I mean, its interesting...but it didn't have to replace Pokemon!) Anyhoo, It's a shame they took it off... T-T I miss watching it when I come home...

What Drew said is right. It all about the money when it comes down to it. If you want to blame anybody then blame cable cartoon networks like CN and Nick becasue it was their shows that brought the ratings down on KidsWB. I too also miss a lot of AG episodes but you just got to hope that they show them again.

Aegis
March 5th, 2006, 06:27 PM
if they could just replace it with higher-rated shows. (Like ER! ...Stupid ER... I mean, its interesting...but it didn't have to replace Pokemon!)

I agree. Like some of the shows like "Loonatics" and "johhny Tes" and those others are pretty stupid. If they replaced those or just put in more pokemon they would probably get higher ratings. But isn't the entire WB channel going off the air in fall? Or was that my imagination?

djvolcom
March 5th, 2006, 06:38 PM
yeah, pokemon is one of the oldest anime on WB, and they had to replace? they're lucky they get ratings.

Kurosaki~Dragon
March 5th, 2006, 06:39 PM
WB is merging with UPN this fall, it won't be gone completely

Gumball Watterson
March 7th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Whos With Me!?!!!!!!

Angry Mob<angry Mob<angry Mob

To Kidswb.com!