PDA

View Full Version : 4th Generation Region Name

pmape09
March 7th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I was thinking, to the west of kanto is johto, then I believe, not so sure, to the west of johto is hoenn, not so sure, but if you remember in g/s/c when you surf to the right of new bark town, in the water, theres a small area u can go down but it is blocked by rocks, then if you continue into the cave it is called TOHJO falls? Do ya'll possibly think that the new region could be south of the middle of Kanto and Johto and is titled TOHJO falls because I'm wondering where "Tohjo" just came from lol.

And if this turned out true to be the new region name, then wouldn't it be cool if they enabled to you travel back to Johto with a new storyline to that part of the game.

but anyway, if you find this kinda sucky lol, then what do you think the new region should be called. They usually have 5 letters and have a "O" in it.

Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
and I hope the 4th could be TOHJO with the speculation i added above.

Kurosaki Ichigo
March 7th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I kinda agree with you, it is very likely to be the case, maybe Tohjo Falls in a place in Tohjo, possibly, maybe its derived from Dojo, but adding the H and replacing the D with a T lol.

Trainer Rachel
March 7th, 2006, 02:39 PM
While I actually quite like the idea of the new region being called Tohjo (it's catchy) and then being able to travel BACK to Johto, I just am not real sure this'll be the case... especially since "Tohjo" is just "Johto" spelled slightly different ^_^

But again, I really do like your cave theory. ;)

Aegis
March 7th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I never went there but I like the diea of it! And I also like the the idea of going back to Johto

djvolcom
March 7th, 2006, 04:35 PM
yeah i think i seen that before? and what is the east of kanto??

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
March 7th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Possibly where the 4th Gen. Region is.

TOHJO is JOHTO. Haha...

Karrit
March 7th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Are these based on actual regions og Japan?

kohei
March 8th, 2006, 03:27 AM
While I actually quite like the idea of the new region being called Tohjo (it's catchy) and then being able to travel BACK to Johto, I just am not real sure this'll be the case... especially since "Tohjo" is just "Johto" spelled slightly different ^_^

But again, I really do like your cave theory. ;)Kanto(Kantoh) + Johto = Tohjo, because the tunnel connects the two.

Are these based on actual regions og Japan?The names are sometimes derived from the actual region names (Kanto region exists).

Also, the shapes of the regions are made after the real regions. Compare it for fun!

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 8th, 2006, 04:06 AM
For all of your future reference, I dug this map up from deep inside my computer.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2546/pokemonworldmap5xf.png

Karrit
March 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Interesting. I knew Kanto was an actual Japanese region.

Kylie-chan
March 8th, 2006, 03:10 PM
I wondered about Tohjo Falls. It's an anagram for Johto, sure, but it was probably just because... er... yeah, named after its region but spelt differently. o_o

[Kanto is near Tokyo, isn't it...? and Tohjo sounds kinda like Tokyo. o_o Hmm.]

Alpham-A-Epsilons
March 8th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah I think they probably messed up and put Tohjo instead of Johto

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
March 8th, 2006, 03:31 PM
I suppose they like Tohjo better than Johto Falls. Johto is Tokyo.

kohei
March 9th, 2006, 04:08 AM
I wondered about Tohjo Falls. It's an anagram for Johto, sure, but it was probably just because... er... yeah, named after its region but spelt differently. o_o

[Kanto is near Tokyo, isn't it...? and Tohjo sounds kinda like Tokyo. o_o Hmm.]Just to clear things up...

Kanto region has Tokyo. Yes.

And the name Tohjo, comes from "Kantoh (Kanto, but this spelling seems more close to the Japanese pronounciation) + Johto", because the Tohjo Falls connects the two regions.

Kurosaki Ichigo
March 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Its a possiblity but even still the idea is a good one, also what about those caves in gold and silver, the one where you have the solve the puzzles just wondered about those.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 9th, 2006, 07:25 AM
The 4th Generation Region name can be something as random as anything. What resemblance can you find between Hoenn, Orre, Kanto, Sevii, Orange, Johto, Whirl? Except for the little cave of Tohjo, there's probably no more comparisions possible. < My opinion, dunno about what others might think.

The next region can just be something as random as Dekao or something ..

Kurosaki Ichigo
March 9th, 2006, 09:25 AM
whats Whirl and Seveii?, never heard of those.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 9th, 2006, 09:39 AM
whats Whirl and Seveii?, never heard of those.
The Whirl Islands, and the Sevii Islands. The Whirls were regarded as an entire region in the Johto series, and the Sevii is almost as a copy of Orange Islands as the Orange Islands is a copy of the Sevii. XD

Kurosaki Ichigo
March 9th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Thats just stupid and confusing *rolls eyes*, i hope we get more information on the new region, if there will be one.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 9th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Thats just stupid and confusing *rolls eyes*, i hope we get more information on the new region, if there will be one.
Exactly. See the map I posted earlier though? It'll show you Sevi islands as "FR/LG Mystery Islands" to the north of the Orange Islands.

chuggaaconroy
March 9th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Well, the region for Ranger is called Fiore.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 9th, 2006, 10:36 AM
How do you know exactly? o_o
WTF? Someone knows something I don't ..

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
March 9th, 2006, 05:41 PM
And the Sevii Islands got the name because it is seven islands, and seven is VII in Roman Numerals. On SPPF someone made a joke by adding Navel Rock and Birth Island, and called it the Ninix Islands.

Trainer Rachel
March 9th, 2006, 06:33 PM
And the Sevii Islands got the name because it is seven islands, and seven is VII in Roman Numerals. On SPPF someone made a joke by adding Navel Rock and Birth Island, and called it the Ninix Islands.

Ninix islands? Hehe... that's pretty cool ^_^

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 9th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Sevii goes with VII? o_o Whoa, how come I didn't notice that?
Fwee-oh-ray.. *is trying to pronounce Fiore somehow*

Toothache
March 14th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Where does Orre and Hoenn come from though?

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 14th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Orre = Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD
Hoenn = Pokemon Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire.

Toothache
March 14th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Heh, I knew that. I meant the names themselves.

Kurosaki Ichigo
March 14th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Thats quite a good question, in my 4th generation hack, i still need to decide on a region name but i've decided its a desert like region.

charizard_maa
March 14th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Fiore. I betting money on that region to where the D/P games are going to be set. I mean they not going to make two new regions just for the DS right? Every GB/portable system pokemon game had their own region to travel in.

GB- Kanto.
GBC- Jhoto.
GBA- Hoenn.
DS- Fiore (?)

Makes since to me.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 14th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Charizard Maa, Fiore is Ranger's region if it is even true. But remember, Ranger's region is Pokemon infested only, as far as I know. It won't be somewhere people could go around.

Kurosaki Ichigo
March 14th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Yea...Pearl and Jade is the 4th Gen region, the Ranger game is separate from the pokemon Series we know of.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 15th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Diamond and Pearl .. not Jade. Surprisingly though, Diamond, Pearl and Jade were used as titles by some people selling fake Pokemon games.

Myuuvuirocon
March 15th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Charizard Maa, Fiore is Ranger's region if it is even true. But remember, Ranger's region is Pokemon infested only, as far as I know. It won't be somewhere people could go around.

Oh... so that's what the region's called! I knew it... but I forgot it. as usual... thank God I read this! :D

I seriously dunna what the 4th gen. region is called... Tohjo? I read earlier? sounds good t' me! ^^

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 16th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Oh... so that's what the region's called! I knew it... but I forgot it. as usual... thank God I read this! :D

I seriously dunna what the 4th gen. region is called... Tohjo? I read earlier? sounds good t' me! ^^
Actually .. that's not really a confirmed piece of information. >_< I did say "if it is even true" didn't I?

PokemonMaster2006
March 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
It's basically like this

Region-----Region-----Region-----Region-----Region
Region-----Hoenn-----Johto-----Kanto-----Region
Region-----Region-----Region-----Region-----Region

All I'm stating is there could be more than 4 generations of Pokemon. If everything is where I stated it is (excluding orange islands) there could really be 12+ generations of pokemon, 12 regions basically. They could model a region after Canada :D

Jirachi-master
March 17th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I like Tohjo. I think this could be Ash's big break. If he wins the Toji league(assuming its called that) I think the series would be nearly done.

CyrusTarber
March 17th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Well, Orre has 4 letters, so that cancels out that pattern. But, since it was by Genius Sonority and not GameFreak, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Heh, nice map Edgeboy. Could you tell the maker that I need a zoom-in on Shamouti Island? It's for Gamz.

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 17th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Sorry GameGuy, I don't know who the maker of it is. Shamouti Island isn't much of a place anyway, if you've seen the 2nd Movie, you'll know what its like.

Orre is four lettered, Sevii is just Se with VII for 7, the seven islands .. well there was something else. Sevii isn't called that because there are seven islands, they were apparently created in seven days. o_O

CyrusTarber
March 17th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Holy crap we're getting biblical here O_o

Anyways, yeah, I'm trying to find a map of Shamouti Island for a future story I'm writing up. I'll try Googling in the meantime.

Esupio
March 18th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Sevii isn't called that because there are seven islands, they were apparently created in seven days. o_O
thats what the old women on seven island said O.o;
So I'm asuming it is Sevii because it was done in seven days, mainly because gamefreak put that old woman in O.o

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 18th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Yeah, the old woman's the one who enlighten's us with that piece of information. I wonder if the Red Haired Boy (Silver?) Who Is Giovanni's Son will appear in the new region somewhere..

Kotowari
March 18th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Let's just include every GB-character (Silver, Kenta, Marina, Brendan,...)
The map is indeed nice, max.

Chiru
March 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Hm, there's always a chance that they will come up with some different region that breaks the pattern they've made so far. There's as much of a chance of that as there is of them having a professor that's not named after a tree or towns that aren't named after colors (which they've already broken with R/S/E). I don't really have a guess as to what the new region will be; anything is possible at this point.

Kurosaki Ichigo
March 18th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Might i add Orre isn't even part of the Pokemon Chain its separated from the normal Pokemon games, and i agree Chiru except Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are Colors as well as Gems.

Kazan22
March 18th, 2006, 08:54 PM
there are really only 3 ways to figure this out:
1. a leak
2. waiting for the game(s) or a preview of the game(s)
3. asking the makers

I don't think it will be Fiore, Fiore is a place in Italy and it's also this: Part of the plant that contains the organs of the reproduction. The cultivated screw (sativa vinifera Vitis) has a ermafrodita flower, that it contains is the male organs (stami) that those feminine ones (pistilli and carpelli).
(translated from Italian)

Pokemon Prince of the Sea
March 19th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Maybe something like: Alpha or Like in ex: Delta species Holon

I think either: Holon or Tohjo

Supreme Edgeboy Max
March 19th, 2006, 09:55 AM
< < Well, that makes Fiore a random n00b invented name. Seriously, Kazan has the right idea really. We have to wait.