PDA

View Full Version : More on 4kids and Pokemon USA

Rukario
March 8th, 2006, 08:38 AM
interesting item just showed up in my email inbox:

The following message was sent to you via the The PokéCommunity Forums Contact Us form by eric stuart.

--------------------------------

URGENT: IT SEEMS THAT POKEMON USA IS IT'S INFINITE GREED HAS DECIDED TO TAKE POKEMON AND RE-CAST ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STARS TO SAVE MONEY. THEY PLAN ON RECORDING A 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL WITH ALL NEW ACTORS AS WELL AS DOING THE NEXT SEASON WITH NEW ACTORS. THEY FEEL THAT THE VOICES DON'T MATTER AND THAT TAJ PRODUCTIONS CAN DO THE SAME QUALITY OF WORK THAT 4 KIDS HAS DONE.

WRITE THE WB-WRITE THE FAN SITES. 4 KIDS TRIED TO SAVE THE SHOW BUT POKEMON USA IS MORE INTERESTED IN THEIR WALLETS THAN THE QUALITY OF THE SHOW. THE FANS MUST SPEAK UP!!!!!

ARE YOUR READY FOR A NEW ASH, BROCK, MAY, MAX, JAMES, JESSIE AND MEOWTH?!!!

--------------------------------

can't say if this is real or not.. http://www.tajproductionsnyc.com/tajpresskit.html
but.. the message is decent and we, the fans, should be saying something!

cryztalwing
March 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM
wow, they are trying to sabatage the show arent they? well I just hope they make it that May and Ash get together and become girlfreind and boyfreind befor it get's cancled...

Imagination Ninja
March 8th, 2006, 10:37 AM
This could be well true the same fact is on Eric Stuarts website http://www.ericstuart.com/. its in his guestbook . I think the the series might be ruined if they choose new voices and dub it. I like the voices as the way there are, especilly Ash.

Crystal Clair
March 8th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Is that so?
I just lost all my faith with America.
I guess it'll just be me and raw Pokemon for now on. But something about that letter seemed a little fishy....

Karrit
March 8th, 2006, 12:24 PM
I try not to take things at face value. I'll just wait and see if this is true or not. =)

Ari-chan
March 8th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Well... I'm going to be unhappy if this is true, having grown up with the current voice cast, I'm used to them. Though remember, they are (I think) getting people who can immitate the current voice actors... If this is true lets hope they get people who do it good. I feel bad for the voices actors being replaced though, like Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor, I hope they'll be okay if this does happen for real. Though I'm sure they will be.

lickitung
March 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Wow. I've just lost all faith and paitence with Pokemon USA. Amazing, isn't it?

Forci Stikane
March 8th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Hmm...shouts "SPOOF!!!" to me...I doubt that they'll choose to do that THIS FAR IN...

Ryoutarou
March 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Is that so?
I just lost all my faith with America.
I guess it'll just be me and raw Pokemon for now on. But something about that letter seemed a little fishy.......you mean the fact that it's written in all caps and looks like it came from a four year old? Also...how does the fact that a TV show is changing casts make you lose faith in a country?

Anyways...

The show's going into it's tenth year next year, most shows tend to change VAs a lot. It's amazing that for an America dub they were able to keep the same VAs for almost all of the show's current run. The Dragonball dub went through like four main casts, for the most part we've had the same VAs that have been there since day one. If this is real, all I can say is that it was bound to happen. With something as long running as Pokemon, you can't expect them to have the same cast for the entire run of the show. Even the Japanese version has had to let some VAs go.

Even if we were to get new VAs, at least some would be kept. Maybe not the high bill ones though, Taylor's been with the show since episode one hasn't she? It's normal for a VA in her position to ask for more money, and if Nintendo doesn't want to give it to her, then we'll probably get a new VA set for the next season. Either way we'll find out in April when that special airs.

Miss Reyna
March 8th, 2006, 05:35 PM
What does this have to do with main polt of the show? The only thing new that will happen to Ash and company is getting new voices. What so bad about that. I mean I be surprise if Ash have a deeper voice but I get use to it. I mean remember James in the begining of the series? He had like three others voices before his goofly sounding one. Pokemon USA has control over the Pokemon stuff in US not in Japan. If we get new voice actors then ok. I still watch. Doesn't really matter to me.

I believe that the Email isn't offical. It just looks funny.

Trainer Rachel
March 8th, 2006, 05:56 PM
This could be well true the same fact is on Eric Stuarts website http://www.ericstuart.com/. its in his guestbook . I think the the series might be ruined if they choose new voices and dub it. I like the voices as the way there are, especilly Ash.

I agree, I love Ash's voice! It'll be sad to get new actors... and such a drastic change. But, well, I'm glad Pika's voice'll never change ^_^; eheh.

PokemonTrainerLisa
March 8th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Noooooo!!

I simply refuse to believe that email is true!!!! O_O

And even if it is, then that just gives me even *more* of a reason to type up a really long letter trying to convince Pokemon USA to resign contracts with 4Kids.

I will not stand for all of the voices on Pokemon being changed. I just won't.

I've watched the show for as long as it's been on the air, and the VAs haven't changed at all, so there's no way I'm gonna let that happen now.

No.

I will do everything in my power to prevent this horrible disaster from happening.

Because, I'd hate to hear Ash with a different voice. I mean, his voice is part of what makes him Ash (I love his voice, it's perfect). And without that, it's like he's not the same character anymore. And this goes for all the characters on Pokemon, if they intend to change all their voices. It's just not right.

Charaxes
March 9th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Well, wikipedia has reported that 4Kids won't do Battle Frontier, so yeah, I don't know what to think.

Of course I'll wait till Serebii.net reports anything before we panic as that's the main authority.

But hey, we all knew it wouldn't last forever as other dub shows rotate voices all the time. However, I'm not too thrilled about this either.

Serebii
March 9th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Sorry but I smell a rat with this

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 9th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Surely a letter full of capital letters sent by the community's Contact Us forum can't be the person we think it is. >>;

Hikarii
March 9th, 2006, 10:30 PM
True or not, I think I agree Kazuhito said about VAs changing over time. I noticed a slight change in Jame's voice, and although Ash's voice has always been done by Taylor, I think his tone kinda changed compared to the first episodes. I'm not too happy about the possible change of voices, either, but who knows? They're going to get people who can almost imitate their original dub voices, right? And besides, what if Pokemon USA does a better job of dubbing? O_O

Sammi
March 9th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Surely a letter full of capital letters sent by the community's Contact Us forum can't be the person we think it is. >>;
That's exactly what I think.

I'm sure the real Eric Stewart at least can capitalize his name, and type normally. >>;

If they really DID change it, I wouldn't care too much.

yaminokaitou
March 16th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hmm...if I is true it wouldn't be so bad. I don't really like Ash's voice anyway, so a change might be for the better.
I would miss Jessie and James's voices, though.
I always kind of liked their voices.

AuroPervert
March 16th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I think it would be just wierd if the voices were changed this late in the game, but Dragonball did it how many times, and it never really bothered me.

pokejungle
March 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
This is crap~

I could've written a more believe email in about 30 more seconds. Woohoo for stupid trouble makers 8D

Crystal Clair
March 16th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Also...how does the fact that a TV show is changing casts make you lose faith in a country?

Easy
the letter said they're too cheap to pay for the old cast. This is Pokemon USA and therefor it gives America a worse image IMO

AuroPervert
March 16th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Easy
the letter said they're too cheap to pay for the old cast. This is Pokemon USA and therefor it gives America a worse image IMO

I think that your argument is ridiculous.

You're not going to find a country in the world that puts a voice cast in front of their profits. It has nothing to do with nationality.

Katsu-Bang
March 16th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Oh no! Not new voice cast! I liked Veronica Taylor! It's not fair!! What will become of Drew's voice as well?!?! Say it's not true! :(

Ok, that's over with, hopefully, it's just some cruel prank, I really don't want a new voice cast as you can see

pokejungle
March 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Ash should get a more masculine voice~

He's like 16 at least now.

Crystal Clair
March 16th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I think that your argument is ridiculous.

You're not going to find a country in the world that puts a voice cast in front of their profits. It has nothing to do with nationality.
You dont get it but I'm too confused with what I meant to explain @_@
Well, I dont believe this letter, because the way it was written in all capital letters.
If they did change, who would do Harley?! He was done perfectly!

triforce37
March 16th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Does it really matter how the voices are
The main fact is that the story will continue on for more time

PokemonTrainerLisa
March 16th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Yes, of course it matters!!

I mean, most hardcore Pokemon fans (such as myself) have been watching the show ever since it first started airing and all the characters have had the same exact voices for all this time.

So I see no reason why they should just go and change ALL the characters' voices!! That would just be crazy!!

Ash should get a more masculine voice~

He's like 16 at least now.
Yes, he's at least that old (I agree with you there).

But, Paul, Ash DOES NOT need a more masculine voice.

In fact, his voice is soooooo perfect the way it is right now. I love it. <3

And besides, if you don't like his voice, at the very least, it sounds male right?

That's all that counts. ^^

pikachu007
March 17th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure if I am going to like new voices. I really like ash & may's voices
but a new voice for james would be nice meowth too because I liked the first voice meowth had in the first half of season one.Well we will all see on april 29th if the change is good or bad.

AuroPervert
March 17th, 2006, 12:16 PM
What makes you think that Ash has aged 6 years?

Charaxes
March 18th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Let's stay on topic, rather than worrying about Ash's age. Even though I agree. Shifty eyes.

Jirachi-master
March 18th, 2006, 08:45 AM
What They Recasting Everyone? After All These 8 Years They Are Recasting Everyone? Cant They Just Pick The Same People? Are They That Cheap? They Had Better Pick Someone Good Or They Just Ruined The Show.

Ryoutarou
March 19th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Sorry but I smell a rat with this
Check the email on his website, it's the same email that this came from. It's real. Unless Nintendo changes their mind, we're getting new VAs.

Rukario
March 19th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Pokemon USA has decided that it's too expensive to use 4Kids and the
actors that have made Pokemon the TV show such a success for the last
10 years. They have 'behind our backs' re-cast the show with
'sound-a-likes' to try to save money. They acutally believe the fans
don't care. They are starting with the 10 year anniversary
special-starring all new voices. The main cast, me included, has taken
a lot of pride in the characters we have helped to create. To change
now, on the last season, based on greed is a sad example of what big
buisness kids marketing really is.

Please spread the word-maybe some fan buzz can stop this tragedy.

Eric 'Brock & James" Stuart
and his reply to my email asking him to provide more details and confirmation..

Evil Togepi
March 19th, 2006, 11:45 PM
That's just...GAH! It annoys me that Pokémon USA seems to be just going for the money and don't care at all about us, the people who love the show, the characters and the voices we've heard since the show began!
I really think we should all make a giant uproar about it, enough for Pokémon USA to take notice. If enough people do it then they may change their minds, after all, they get no precious money from an unhappy fanbase~ >D

I really feel sorry for the original VAs, from what I've heard from Veronica Taylor's feedback and from this now, it seems they really want to keep dubbing the show, I guess after you've done it for so long it becomes a part of you.

I assume it's okay to spread this e-mail around since it seems that it's what Eric Stuart wants.

DoubleWide
March 20th, 2006, 09:54 AM
It could be simple economics, it is stipulated in many contracts that actors get raises after each year. After 10 seasons, 7th Heaven is being cancelled because the main actors who have been with the show since day one are being paid more than the network can afford. The same is probably true with Pokemon.

Light_Azumarill
March 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Aww, that's too bad! Well, assuming the email is real and true, then I'm kinda touched that Eric Stuart and the others feel that way. I didn't know they cared so much. ^-^

I think it's a pretty cheap move. I mean, it makes me think of TV shows that re-cast actors and then their show goes... down the tubes so to speak. I know that cartoons/anime are different because they'll at least still look the same, but they sure as heck won't sound the same.

I think for at least main characters, they should keep the old voice actors. I don't really care about the other people that we rarely see. I'm wondering how they'll do pokemon voices though... I mean, they're from 4Kids' voice actors too. Squirtle and Bulbasaur and Corphish and Meowth and all the rest will never sound the same again. That's really sad.

*is sad*

PokemonTrainerLisa
March 20th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Noooooo!!

I can't believe this is happening!!!! O_O

So it seems that first email you received was indeed legit.

Thanks for posting that, PPN.

It's interesting that Eric replied back to you, but that reply is in no way good news......

And by the way, you know that letter I typed up the other day? Who should I send it to, Pokemon USA or Taj Productions? *is confused* O_O

Okay, that does it!

It's the last straw!

We have to do something!!!!

Come on, fans of the dubbed version of the Pokemon anime!

We have to stand together!

Everyone who wants the voice cast to stay the same, please make a post saying 'Keep The VAs', and we'll try to figure something out from there......

I'll start (let's see how many people on here want them to keep the VAs).

Please keep the VAs.

Miss Reyna
March 20th, 2006, 06:57 PM
That is sad. I mean it doesn't really matter to the story but it sad that people are using their jobs becasue of the recasting.

I mean they are going to sound like the orginal people so that be ok but it kind of sad. I will countinued to enjoy and watch the episode like a good fan. I will not cause un distubance that can end badly in the end. Maybe this is for the better? I may not notice the change if they get VAs that sound the same.

Katsu Koneko
March 20th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Nooo so it is true!!!!

T________________T

Save our precious dubbed Pokemon! They've worked so hard these 10 years! Noooooooo~

I say 'Keep the VAs!'

Jirachi-master
March 21st, 2006, 04:17 AM
Not if we can help it. And this isnt the confirmed last season. This could go on for another 3-4 years here. WHY CHANGE? MAybe the VA can nagotiate a cheaper price. They lied. They dont care baout our money? THats ludacris. LUDACRIS. 4kids after all the junk they produce with cruddy VA finally do get it right with Pokemon andthan Nintendo has to go and recast everyone. Ok recasting some pokemon I can live with. Just keep Ash, Misty, May, Brock, Meowth, Jesse, James, Oak, Tracy, Gary, and Ash's mom. And make pikachu the same too. I mean half of them arnt ever on. Why change? You can get sound-alikes but its never the same. DARN YOU. Why change the VA that made the show the success it is? They will lose what little support they have left.

Serebii
March 21st, 2006, 06:49 AM
and his reply to my email asking him to provide more details and confirmation..
Any chance to can wing me all the background information given in the e-mail properties as its incredibly easy to fake stuff like this and does seem a bit dodgy.

Just last month Veronica Taylor said the current VAs were doing the Special and then we get this...I do smell a rat

PiPikachu
March 21st, 2006, 07:00 AM
I can fully back what Joe said as when talking to Veronica in person last month she said to me that her and the other VA's would be doing the special in April and that Pokémon USA were 'Considering' using soundalikes. So this completely contradicts what this email from Eric Stuart is saying!

PiP

Light_Azumarill
March 21st, 2006, 08:02 AM
Eh, though I am still a bit suspicious about all of this, I can see why Veronica Taylor may have said something different. Actually, from the sound of it, she didn't really give a definite answer about whether or not they were in or out as VA's. Perhaps they're not really allowed to leak such info when they're still negotiating. I don't know... but then why would Eric Stuart so blatantly come out and say something like that email? However... if it's on his website... then I would say it's fair to assume that it's true that he sent it.

Ugh... I hate having to sift through what's true and false on the Internet. T_T

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 21st, 2006, 02:03 PM
Any chance to can wing me all the background information given in the e-mail properties as its incredibly easy to fake stuff like this and does seem a bit dodgy.

Just last month Veronica Taylor said the current VAs were doing the Special and then we get this...I do smell a rat
The problem here, Joe, is that the email is Eric Stuart's personal email address, which Jorge and I had to confirm. Now, the original email would either be legitimate or not. But Steve replied to it and received a reply later from the same address, hence it would have to be Eric Stuart himself.

And if this is Eric Stuart talking...

I think we have confused staff.

Charaxes
March 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Everything is confusing anymore. But that sounded rather articulate and more Stuart's style from what I've read in interviews. I could go into a rant about the replacing but you all did that.

So I'll go to my suggestion to the dilemma. Hunt through collector's bins and buy as many 4Kids Pokemon products as you can. Money is a great movitation, and since Pokemon USA wants money so badly, let's prove we're happy with the way things were with buying up the old.

Try that and I'll spare the Power of One tagline. Winks.

precita
March 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM
Here is the best place to send your hand-written letters to:

Pokémon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD! Don't let them change the voice actors!

E-mails can be ignored, hand-written letters...not so much!

Forci Stikane
March 21st, 2006, 04:03 PM
......I'm more startled by the fact that that last e-mail claimed this to be the LAST season...this worries me...

Of course, I don't think that could be true. After all, they still have so much to go through (DIAMOND/PEARL)...which makes me strongly believe that it's just some guy pulling one incredibly horrible & early April Fools' joke on all of us.

Well, regardless...

Keep the VAs!!!!!!

Miss Reyna
March 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM
It could just means that it is the final season for this set of VAs. Not the last season of pokemon. I mean if you look at Eric's email where he said that they replace them all behind their backs then that explains why Tylor thought that she and the others would be doing the 10th aniversity episode. She may not have known.

Still like I said. I sad about the VA change but still it not as bad as we think. Still the same pokemon with the same characters. Pokemon USA is a professional company and they have thougth about the VAs so that means they have consider getting new VA's that sounds like the original VAs.

I say just let them do what must be done. If you want to try to stop them from replacing the VAs just do what Weezing said by buying the old. Money is what fuels and motivates big companies. Even though this is pokemon, still there is a head that only cares about money. Maybe if we buy more of the old then they may see we like the old VAs a lot in order to keep them. Then maybe pay them more in order to keep them. If we jsut yell out them by letters and emails the problem is that they can ignored them. Then you can't pay VAs with letters and emails. Money makes big companies happy.

I don't think this is a bad April Fools joke. I hope it is.

RokkakuPolice
March 22nd, 2006, 01:37 AM
It'd be a shame if the voice actors who helped to create the show what it is today, are all fired for greed. I can't believe this. 9 years and they change the voices now?! That's ridiculous in my opinion. Pokemon USA (as of right now) for the lose.

Ashygirl
March 22nd, 2006, 05:04 AM
AGHHHHH!!!!! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!!! *Ahem* sorry I needed to let that out i don't think I'd like them either Ash is growing up but that's besides the point they had the same actors well since the whole thing started changing them now is pointless i mean come on this is gonna take months to get used to.

Charaxes
March 22nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
I think the letter writing is a good idea but I do agree with reyna: Money gets results. I'd do both anyway. So what? The videos, the Puzzle League N64 game and the Stadiums? What else has their voices?

Reyna did point out it might be an April Fools' Joke, so let's wait a week and a half before we really panic.

Either way, after the way Nintendo wrecked the TCG, I don't have much hope here. Even when I heard of the shift in control.

Light_Azumarill
March 22nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
*dies* Well... I went to Serebii and they've said it's official as they received an email from Veronica Taylor confirming it. Apparently she said that Pokemon USA didn't even consider them for continuing the voice acting on the anime. That really cheeses me off. T_T

I know I complain about the voices and stuff, but you always hurt the ones you love, right? Drew's dub voice (no offence to anyone who likes it) may be nasal and annoying, but it's still Drew! And I can't imagine what some other guy doing Ash's voice will be like!

If this is an April Fool's joke; it's a really REALLY mean one.

But yes, they have an email and address to write to... let's see if I can't post it here:

[email protected]

or for written letters (one of which precita stated on page 2):

Pokemon USA, Inc. (HQ Offices)
400 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017

and...

Corporate Offices
Pokemon USA
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

These are all from Serebii of course. Here's (http://www.serebii.net/dub.shtml) their info page by the way.

Forci Stikane
March 22nd, 2006, 01:08 PM
Reyna did point out it might be an April Fools' Joke, so let's wait a week and a half before we really panic.

Hey, I was the one who mentioned that!

...Well, anyway, if Veronica said that too, then...NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trainer Rachel
March 22nd, 2006, 05:37 PM
Hey, I've created a petition we can sign:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pkmndub/petition.html

Please sign it and let's hope for the best!

Hamstarzchan
March 22nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
Guys n' girls, the news is TRUELY REAL! Serebii's forums had a quote of one of the voice actor's reply to an e-mail, she said it was true!

We have to e-mail, mail or snail mail Pokemon USA about this and tell them that they better have second thoughts!

Edit: I was late to say that... wasn't I?

Egyptian Sphinx
March 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
I even saw the email myself but i'm thinking to sign it and they shouldn't change the voices >.>

Miss Reyna
March 22nd, 2006, 07:24 PM
He is right Weezing. He did metion that it was a April Fools Joke. I just supported the idea.

Well it looks official now. Serebii has now annouce it on their news page and even created a small page for it. Serebii is one of the trusted sites on Pokemon news so it got to be true or now the chances of it being true just rose VERY high. Looks like we getting new VAs.

Still it be the same show with the same plotlines. I not sure what happen with the TCG but how can they mess up with the anime? I metion that the storyline of the anime would stay the same because it is the Japanese animators are in charge of the story right? Pokemon USA are now going to be in charge with what 4Kids use to do as with dubbing. So what we get with Pokemon USA dubbing the show now? I mean beside new VAs. What will happen? Like I metion before they going to get VAs that sounds like the orginal VAs. I know these people like Tylor have been with the show since the start but aren't we going to forget after a while? It still going to be the same great show. What happens if these letters do more harm then good?

I say with new VAs or old. It still going to be the same great show like it has been the last 8 years.

Rukario
March 22nd, 2006, 09:21 PM
here is a premade letter, including some of the addresses you can send it to, for you to use..

http://pokemonpalace.net/images/PokeUSA_Letter_01.pdf

http://pokemonpalace.net/images/PokeUSA_Letter_01.doc

3/22/2006

Pokémon USA, Inc.
ATTEN: Animation Director
400 Madison Avenue
21st Floor
New York, NY 10017
United States

Pokémon USA
1177 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

Pokémon USA, Inc.
777 108 Ave NE #2000
Bellevue, WA 98004
USA

[email protected]

Dear Sir or Madam:

It has come to our attention that, besides using a team of sound-alike voice actors/actresses for the 10th anniversary Pokemon special, you are also considering replacing the original voice acting cast of the series from the next season onward. As long-term fans of the dub this news has caused us much disappointment.

We, the fans, believe that replacing the main cast at such a late stage would cause interest in the Pokemon anime (and possibly the franchise as a whole) to noticeably decrease. We feel this is because many viewers enjoy watching the show just to hear their favorite voice actor or actress perform, and they wouldn't imagine the characters sounding any different.

We all love the VAs for the major characters. There are other ways to save money than to change the VAs. Making fewer edits on episodes should save quite a bit of money and time. Keep the fan base (which consists not just of kids, but of people of all age groups) strong first, then the money will roll in on its own. That way, we'll all be happy.

With this in mind, we hope that you will consider such a decision very carefully.

Sincerely,

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 23rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
Guys n' girls, the news is TRUELY REAL! Serebii's forums had a quote of one of the voice actor's reply to an e-mail, she said it was true!

We have to e-mail, mail or snail mail Pokemon USA about this and tell them that they better have second thoughts!

Edit: I was late to say that... wasn't I?
Hate to break it to ya, but Serebii did not need to be the confirmation. But now, the Pokémon fan community has 2 emails that confirm it (the first being Eric Stuart from his personal email, which Jorge and I confirmed, and the second being the thing that made it so much the case, an email from Veronica Taylor to Serebii). I'm sure most of us concluded it was no April Fools joke prior.

Raze-finiarel
March 23rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
Well, wikipedia has reported that 4Kids won't do Battle Frontier, so yeah, I don't know what to think.

Yeah...Then why are the Frontier Brains in the Opening Scene? 0_0

Raze-finiarel
March 23rd, 2006, 08:38 AM
Another thing, everyone. Serebii isn't always accurate. What I mean is, last year they created fake, believable 4th Gen POkemon as an April Fools joke. Just go to the Fake Pokemon section. It's possible that this is all one big AF Joke. But if the current VA's confirmed it then...WAAA! T_T
Keep the VA's!!!!!!

Charaxes
March 23rd, 2006, 08:57 AM
That's what I get for skimming the page. Hahaha...headdesk. Happy, Ichapokemr?

Anyway...

I agree with Reyna, to a degree about the switch. These things happen although the whole "Let's dump the cast to make a cheap substitute" scheme is rather disconcerting.

Kudos to PPNSteve for the letter draft, I was going to whip one up myself soon. Oh well. Hee.

Raze-finiarel, you could be right. I'll wait til April 2nd before I feel anything, I'm numb at the moment. And I think 4Kids spliced in the Battle Frontier OP because well...Symphotic Melody doesn't have those quirky visuals as Battle Frontier, plus as a prelude to the Brains I'm sure.

And stop double posting. The edit button is your friend.

Serebii
March 23rd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Another thing, everyone. Serebii isn't always accurate. What I mean is, last year they created fake, believable 4th Gen POkemon as an April Fools joke. Just go to the Fake Pokemon section. It's possible that this is all one big AF Joke. But if the current VA's confirmed it then...WAAA! T_T
Keep the VA's!!!!!!
Excuse me? I do not do April Fools thanks. Those Fake Pokemon werent made by me, I just put them in the Fake Pokemon section because I keep getting people e-mail them to me saying they're real.

THIS is real

And for the record, Season 8 (Pokémon Advanced Battle) contains 12 episodes of the Battle Frontier saga...the rest are Season 9 which will be dubbed by Pokémon USA

Kurosaki
March 23rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Chances are someones going to yell at me for saying this, but: What if it doesn't turn out that bad? These new VAs could sound exactly like the old ones for all we know, seeing as not one of us has heard them yet. Don't just assume it's going to be terrible, wait until you hear them with your own ears. Of course, I don't support the firing of the current VAs, I'm just trying to say we shouldn't make assumptions.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 23rd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Keep the VA's!!!!!!
There are two sources here. Both are sourced to two voice actors: Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor. Both genuine. Any other sources needed?

pokejungle
March 23rd, 2006, 04:09 PM
I'm sad about all this now .o.

I can tell you PokeJungle Network will be having its own petition letter starting soon.

PokemonTrainerLisa
March 23rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Well, if there's any of you who STILL believe this is nothing more than an April Fool's joke, then I can assure you that is completely false.

And I know this because on Bulbagarden forums, there is a 29 page long thread on this whole thing (which goes all the way back to when we first heard about the Pokemon USA/4Kids licensing deal).

Anyway, if any of you are curious and would like the link to that thread, here it is:

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=10849&page=29

And by the way, if there's any rule against posting a link to another Pokemon forum, I'm sorry.

I'm just doing this for a good cause.

And also, please help support our letter writing campaign, Save Our Voice Actors (SOVA).

Here's a link to the SOVA website:

http://www.bulbagarden.net/pokemoncreations/sova/index.html

Rukario
March 23rd, 2006, 07:02 PM
the other day i sent Veronica Taylor (forwarded the Eric Stuart emails) an email message asking for her thoughts and if she can confirm this as well.. tonight i recieved her reply:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 18:05
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: FW: The PokéCommunity Forums Contact Us Form - Pokemon Urgent news

hey Steve-
Thanks for your note. Unfortunately this is all too true. Pokemon USA recently informed us that they are dubbing the Anniversary special with sound alikes. They are not sure about the next season. None of us (actors, script writers, etc.) have even been asked to continue working on the show. They have not even attempted to negotiate with 4kids. They say that the show will be exactly the same even though they are replacing all the elements and using all new people totally unfamiliar with the project. We are all extremely upset about this turn of events as we care so much about the show and have no say in the matter whatsoever. I am hoping that if enough people write to Pokemon USA and express their dismay, we may right this wrong before it is too late! Spread the word!
Thanks for your concern.
Veronica

This adds a bit more fuel to the fire now.. I hope ALL of you write and/or email Pokemon USA as soon as you can to let them know how we fans really feel.

And also, please help support our letter writing campaign, Save Our Voice Actors (SOVA).

Here's a link to the SOVA website:

http://www.bulbagarden.net/pokemoncreations/sova/index.html

nice find there Lisa :) i've send in a request to add me and so on.. hopefully we can all pool our resourses and save the show!

PokemonTrainerLisa
March 23rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks, PPN.

Yeah, I think Pie did a very good job making that site and everything. ^_^

Psycho
March 24th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Well, I support the change. Its nice to know that Pokemon's going to be refreshed. I found the VAs to be annoying anyways. Time to see what the new guys can do.

Psycho

Mario The World Champion
March 24th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I heard about this on a Livejournal entry of a friend of mine.

I had a bad feeling that once Pokemon USA got hold of the Pokemon rights from 4Kids, they would to something that's more like a slap in the face to all Pokemon fans.

I might even give up watching Pokemon altogether if these new, cheap VAs suck to high heaven.

Either way... April 29th, 2006 will be a dark day for all Pokemon fans.

Charaxes
March 25th, 2006, 06:29 AM

Oh, stop being so melodramatic. It won't be a dark day, just a cacophanous one.

Miss Reyna
March 25th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I might even give up watching Pokemon altogether if these new, cheap VAs suck to high heaven.

What will make that a dark day? Is that the day where the show with the new VAs are being done? It won't be that bad. They still sound the same unless they are untrained. They will still sound the same as the old VAs. I mean the worst they can do is make even worst pun dub titles then 4Kids. May there be better dub titles!!

Jude Mathis
March 26th, 2006, 02:47 PM
That specific letter looks too n00bish to be true, but who knows.... However I've seen others over the same thing that are official.... ><;
*holds up a sign that saves 'We Want Veronica Taylor!' on it, and marches around* .... Granted...we want all the other originals too... but the least they could do is keep Veronica, man! ...and possibly Racheal Lillis... ><; ...and Eric Stuart..... oo;

Trainer Rachel
March 26th, 2006, 03:48 PM
That specific letter looks too n00bish to be true, but who knows.... However I've seen others over the same thing that are official.... ><;
*holds up a sign that saves 'We Want Veronica Taylor!' on it, and marches around* .... Granted...we want all the other originals too... but the least they could do is keep Veronica, man! ...and possibly Racheal Lillis... ><; ...and Eric Stuart..... oo;

Yep, as far as I know it's true...

Well, on a happier note, I love your avatar ^_^

-Trainer Rachel

SBaby
April 8th, 2006, 11:47 AM

I can assure you that this is the real deal! I just found out, myself on Serebii.net. They have a huge thing set up there called 'Save the Dub'. It's on their front page news under every article.

Plus, we have two VAs (Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart) that have confirmed this to be true.

We should sticky this, so everyone sees it.

Gumball Watterson
April 8th, 2006, 12:04 PM
ACK ACK,FREAKOUT!WAIT,SHOULD I BE FREAKIN OUT CAUSE VERONICA*TURNS OFF CAPS LOK*taylor wont have a job?
when will that happen
season 8 or 9?if its 8...then i cant wait till saturday

Jude Mathis
April 8th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Veronica Taylor won't be jobless.... 4Kids isn't the only company that she does voices for, same with all the others.... I've hear most of them in Anime that are done by companies completly different then 4Kids.
Like ADV, for example.

On the flip-side. I still hope that they won't be switched out.

Forci Stikane
April 9th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Well, for a moment in the latest episode it sound like they tested out the new voice actor for Misty, and the difference was noticeable, but at least they have a plot reason to switch voices (puberty).

SBaby
April 9th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah, but then we'll be stuck with a decade of that also, since we ALL know Pokemon ain't ending any time soon. Anyway, if anyone gets a response from Pokemon USA, could you post it somewhere here? I'd like to see what they have to say on this.

In the meantime, I'll be going to other sites and explaining the situation.

Charaxes
April 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Well, for a moment in the latest episode it sound like they tested out the new voice actor for Misty, and the difference was noticeable, but at least they have a plot reason to switch voices (puberty).

No, not really. I think that was Lillis getting used to the voice again, her last appearance to try out with us was the Togepi two parter season and a half ago and the Pokemon Chronicles with Misty in them were unleashed on the UK last summer. I think she was just rusty for a second there, not even that as it was perfectly fine to me or nothing to write home about.

But this isn't the place for that.

Anyway. Surprisingly Pokemon USA hasn't come out with a public statement with the fan backlash. It's been two weeks at most since the confirmation (although it's been longer), you'd think they'd addressed it already.

Forci Stikane
April 9th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Anyway. Surprisingly Pokemon USA hasn't come out with a public statement with the fan backlash. It's been two weeks at most since the confirmation (although it's been longer), you'd think they'd addressed it already.

Or they just don't care. I mean, look at what they're doing as-is...I'm not so sure that our bugging them will change things...

All of us buying products has a flaw, too: Kids WB will probably assume responsibility for it and claim that we're just wanting it to stay seperate instead of combining with UPN...

Wait, that doesn't make sense...so it'll happen; nothing that TV companies have done lately has made sense.

Miss Reyna
April 9th, 2006, 06:06 PM
They won't say anything about the fan letters. I mean it is easy to injore letters just like emails. Don't open them. Easy as that. We might as well get use to the new VAs and love Pokemon even more. No more bad pun dub titles!! (Hopefully)

Which episode does Pokemon USA start dubbing?

Charaxes
April 9th, 2006, 06:46 PM
By doing nothing, you more or less fall into their hands. Guessing from how many people replied to this, I think people rather care about this.

I was more apathetic but after watching Scheme Team yesterday with the wonderful voices, I realize that the show wouldn't be the same without the current cast. Guess I'll be enthusastic now.

At the end of the day, it may do nothing but as long as you mail it in, then you can say you tried and nothing can take that away. If you don't, then don't complain. Just think that with one more adds to the grand total already sent in and lead to the nobility of the grand undertaking of it all.

TEAMrocket100%
April 10th, 2006, 06:40 AM
If they take away Eric Stuart, Veronica Taylor and Maddie Blaustein voice. I'll hate Pokemon with my heart. Pokemon USA is disgusting on even thinking of this idea! At the pinnacle of Pokemon, all the Pokemon fans have known these voices! Thousands of children have had their autographs, and when the time comes to tour with these new dubs, people will be pissed off, believe me. I have written many letters to Pokemon USA. Only recently also did i find out this was happening! If i would have known a month earlier, then Pokemon USA's buliding would be full of my letters by now! >_< They can't do this! I hate you Pokemon USA! Your the perfect example of how greedy companys work in your country! SAVE THE VA'S!!!!!!!!!

Miss Reyna
April 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Still nobody answer my question. When does Pokemon USA start dubbing pokemon episodes?

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 10th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Season Eight (Fall 2005 - Summer 2006) contains the final 38 episodes of the Houen League (from "Clamperl of Wisdom" to "At the End of the Fray") and the first fourteen episodes of the Battle Frontier (from "The Scheme Team" to "The Fighting Dojo! Satoshi vs. Haruka!"), for a total of 52 episodes.(Except from Dogasu's Backpack (http://www.bulbagarden.net/%7Edogasu/).)
From after these episodes, Pokémon USA supposedly will do the dub.

Miss Reyna
April 11th, 2006, 03:49 AM
So are they going to make us wait with re-runs till Pokemon USA dub a few or are we going have new episodes like nothing happen?

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 11th, 2006, 04:03 AM
So are they going to make us wait with re-runs till Pokemon USA dub a few or are we going have new episodes like nothing happen?
14 episodes = 14 weeks. And they're probably working on the dub now. Who knows.

TEAMrocket100%
April 11th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Weren't Pokemon USA and Tjah studios going to wait until the judgement of the 10th anniversary dubs? What if the fans(who haven't heard of SOVA) aren't pleased with these new voices, and Pokemon has sunk after a dramatic decrease in veiwers? Pokemon USA won't be able to change these dubbed episodes then, and they're totally sunk. I think they're waiting to see if an uproar of the fans occurs first.

Miss Reyna
April 11th, 2006, 02:01 PM
14 episodes = 14 weeks. And they're probably working on the dub now. Who knows.

But they are doing two episodes a weekend so it be 7 weeks.

It wouldn't matter if rating are low because even with everybody who say they going to protest because of the new VAs. There still a whole group of people who will have no idea about the VA change and will still watch the anime. They just think that the character's voices change a little. There are more people who watch the anime and not come to websies like these that have no idea about the VA change then us. Mostly they little kids who don't have access to the web.

TEAMrocket100%
April 11th, 2006, 02:54 PM
True. Its really sad thought that after 10 years of their hard work, they're just kicked off. They could at least have let Eric, Veronica e.t.c finish with the 10th anniversary to mark 10 years of good work. But, to be honest, i'm really concerned about how James, Jessie and Meowth will turn out, being the Team Rocket fanatic i am. Will James still have his calm, cute, weird and girlish tone? i hope so. But Eric's voice for James went kinda bad in Advanced Battle. His voice sounded awesome in Johto Journeys. I just really hope these new voices don't sound different T_____T (I hope James doesn't sound too masculine or serious or clownly) >_<

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM
I know that is dead wrong. Then those people are going to think that they are really special

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Ryoutarou
April 13th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Weren't Pokemon USA and Tjah studios going to wait until the judgement of the 10th anniversary dubs? Their judgment though, not the fans. It doesn't matter if people our age protest or not, we're not in their demographic.

I know that is dead wrong. Then those people are going to think that they are really specialKnow what is wrong?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Their judgment though, not the fans. It doesn't matter if people our age protest or not, we're not in their demographic.

Know what is wrong?
How people that been working on a popular show for a long time and they get booted out. Even the people that are suppost to take there place knows its wrong and so does everybody else.

:t003:Dark Venusaur