PDA

View Full Version : *\\April Contest//* Discussion Thread

~JapaneseWolf
March 31st, 2006, 01:18 AM
Here as we know the contest's theme is EMOTIONS, now please we want you to give it your best shot, not sprite editing and fusions if ther'ye like just two pokemon but please most of all treat others with respect and if possible tell us if an entry is not related to the theme.

Thanks and good luck to all,

wolf_vee, esupio sono kamereon, lil chikorita.

Signomi
March 31st, 2006, 06:21 AM
You know, you could've waited until the current Pixel Art Contest was over before you decide to make these threads.

Esupio
March 31st, 2006, 06:30 AM
WTF its still March

Oh god... how many Emo entries are we gunna get?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
March 31st, 2006, 08:27 AM
Can I be a judge then:t201-qu:

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Signomi
March 31st, 2006, 08:41 AM
The host of the contest has already picked her desired judges.

Fox♠
April 1st, 2006, 03:48 AM
WTF its still March

Oh god... how many Emo entries are we gunna get?
Well I do plan on doing one.

EgiFuX
April 1st, 2006, 05:13 AM
i think ill enter
is tšhis a sprite contest

Jedite1000
April 1st, 2006, 05:57 AM
what do u mean by emotions is it like msn emotions or something

Allstories
April 1st, 2006, 06:07 AM
It doesn't matter what it means specifically. It's just however you want to interpret the word 'emotions'.

Jedite1000
April 1st, 2006, 06:21 AM
hmm i thought april contest will be about easter, but emotions sound good

MegaLightBlaze
April 1st, 2006, 06:46 PM
I have my entry in. I really like your pikachu Jedite. i wouldn't be suprised if it won.

Allstories
April 2nd, 2006, 06:12 AM
It better not. It's not even pixel art.

Jedite1000
April 2nd, 2006, 06:15 AM
thanx i hope i win but this is only start at end of moth there will be ones way better than mine

i like ur one too megalightblaze it looks kool, i like the background u chose for it, it remineded me of those little pokemon action 3d collector tazos
http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/b8/20/8f_1_b.JPG

and also allstories it is pixel art but not a sprite...the commando keen that one wasnt a sprite and it won because it was pixel art

Allstories
April 2nd, 2006, 06:31 AM
It doesn't have to not be a sprite to be pixel art. Pixel Art does not just mean a small drawing. It's defined by the method in which you make the piece.

READREADREAD: http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62480#pixelart

Jedite1000
April 2nd, 2006, 06:33 AM
why u so upset im not doing anything wrong i just want to enter the competition
if i win i win if i lose i lose...doesnt matter

MegaLightBlaze
April 2nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah Allstories. Don't put him down. It's kinda spamming.

Allstories
April 2nd, 2006, 06:06 PM
I'm not putting him down. I'm just saying it's not pixel art. Really, none of the entries yet are.

MegaLightBlaze
April 2nd, 2006, 06:26 PM
ANd how is that possible. Sprites=Pixal Art.
Pixal Drawings=Pixal Art.
If it's art with pixals, it's Pixal Art.
And you said "It better not. It's not even pixel art." about Jedite's entry. that's a put-down.

~JapaneseWolf
April 3rd, 2006, 12:21 AM
what do u mean by emotions is it like msn emotions or something
since everyone's confused, i'll tell you what i mean and no their not msn icons. there human emotions you know, happy, sad, jealous.

Jedite1000
April 3rd, 2006, 12:24 AM
yeh i figured that out b4 hehe

Fox♠
April 3rd, 2006, 01:56 AM
I have my entry in. I really like your pikachu Jedite. i wouldn't be suprised if it won.
I would.

Allstories is correct, all that that entry is is a drawing conducted on paint. Nothing more.

Signomi
April 3rd, 2006, 01:59 AM
I concur, therefore the entry is disqualified.

Remember, a mere drawing on MS Paint isn't always classified pixel art.

Jedite1000
April 3rd, 2006, 02:34 AM
fine whatever i dont care,

that is how i do pixel art, everybody has different styles of pixel art

Allstories
April 3rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
But in your case that's like saying a pointillism painting is a style of crosshatching painting or something.

Dragonfree
April 3rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
fine whatever i dont care,

that is how i do pixel art, everybody has different styles of pixel art
*types out a bunch of garble into Notepad*

That's how I do pixel art. Everybody has different styles of pixel art, so what does it matter if it doesn't fit the actual definition of the term? I mean, it has pixels. All the letters are made up of pixels. There, it's pixel art, according to your logic.

If you draw it on pixel level, that's pixel art, as in that either you placed the pixels in the outline one by one or you drew the outline with the Pencil tool and then zoomed in and cleaned the outline up one pixel at a time. If you haven't been working on it one pixel by one, it's a drawing, not pixel art.

Lokhlan
April 4th, 2006, 09:38 PM
*looks at contest entry thread*
Wait, I thought jedite's was disqualified, not Link5558888's?
*is confuzzled*

Signomi
April 5th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Both Jedite's entry and Link's entry weren't Pixel Art. But I just forgot about Jedite's entry >_>

Yeah, those who have their entry disqualified, you are allowed to remake your entry and fix up the flaws that it got disqualified for. So it's never really too late.

Haunter Master
April 5th, 2006, 12:48 PM
well i entered but im not sure if its pixel art but it is to me but its not an msPaint drawing so dont call it that

Lokhlan
April 5th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Nope, looks just like another drawing (the pikachu looks drawn) on MSpaint... Heh, at least yours actually had some sprites in it though.

Haunter Master
April 5th, 2006, 09:00 PM
well allstories won last months contest and it looks like a drawing on paint

Lokhlan
April 5th, 2006, 09:09 PM
The difference is, his wasn't a drawing on MSpaint, yours was. Yes, I know it may be hard to believe, but he did that whole peice pixel by pixel. Well, except maybe for the group of pixels that are the same color. That's what the paint bucket option is for. =D

Haunter Master
April 5th, 2006, 09:26 PM
its not an MSpaint drawing i actually did it pixel by pixel and what about the people that did it pixel by pixel like me and it comes out looking like a mspaint drawing its not fair not fair at all

Lokhlan
April 6th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Excuse me if I'm having trouble believing that. Look, even if you did draw that pikachu pixel by pixel (one little block at a time), then I'm sure you didn't pixel the lighting. I mean come on, you can tell you took your mouse and just dragged out those lines.

Jedite1000
April 6th, 2006, 05:56 AM
wolf vee i dont think u can post in the entry thread that is only for people entering sprites, not talking in em

Signomi
April 6th, 2006, 01:26 PM
well im sorry im not the best artist ever ya know i worked hard on that and all you do is put it down you can all go to hell except for the people that work hard and still get disqualified i hate all of the people that disqualify people that work hard you make us feel like crap and you watch ill make you feel even worse i will do something so bad io cant say it you watch Pokecommunity is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, lose the attitude; and drop the childish gestures you apparently like cracking up. And wishing evil upon others will do you no good what so ever. Main reason why such entries get disqualified is because they're not pixel art. Entrants who have had their entry disqualified for that reason ought to have known better from the beginning. But doesn't mean that they can't now look up how exactly to pixelise their entry and re-enter it. You are allowed to do that afterall. But for now, that was spam. Do it again and more action shall be dwelled upon you, you've been warned.

Lokhlan
April 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Just submitted my entry. Hows it lookin?

Jedite1000
April 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM
yeh that is a good pixel u done, and sorry i acted that way before people, i was angry (anger is emotion hehe), that i got disqulified, before, but now i got a real pixel, i hope u like it people :)

Haunter Master
April 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
i re-entered and i did it PIXEL BY PIXEL!!!!!!! it took awhile and signomi i didnt wish evil on anyone i was just stating a fact

Kurosaki Ichigo
April 6th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Piece of advice Haunter, don't get on my sisters bad side, as for the contest, i wish you guys all the best of luck. I may enter, but i dunno.

Signomi
April 7th, 2006, 01:25 AM
i re-entered and i did it PIXEL BY PIXEL!!!!!!! it took awhile and signomi i didnt wish evil on anyone i was just stating a fact

So you think that trying to pose a threat is somewhat a fact? Nothing like that ever gets you anywhere, it would just result in you being frowned upon by others for your immaturity. Perhaps try to revise through circumstances without getting an attitude in the way of your logic before even thinking about making such a foolish post again.

And I believe I've said this before. DO NOT post in the entry thread if you're not going to be posting an entry. We do have a discussion thread for a reason. Use it.

~JapaneseWolf
April 7th, 2006, 05:49 PM
wolf vee i dont think u can post in the entry thread that is only for people entering sprites, not talking in em
sorry but my older sis found my password, i'll delete it, but please i will check all entries now, i will decide if they are to be disqualifed or not, about your entry jedite1000.

Evil Ducky
April 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM
were and how can i post my own sprites? srry. to bother u. yah. =P
OK FINE PEOPLE!! B THAT WAY!!

Jedite1000
April 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM
please i know u r new but u can read the rules and also u can ask the moderators for help through PM

~JapaneseWolf
April 7th, 2006, 08:16 PM
okay, no more spam please this thread is here for a reason, please talk about the contest or don't talk at all please, this is a madhouse.

MegaLightBlaze
April 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM
At first I thought mine might have ended up being the only entry with all these bad emotions going around, but this is starting to shape up a bit.

Jedite1000
April 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM
is my entry acceptable for the contest wolf vee?

~JapaneseWolf
April 8th, 2006, 03:25 PM
shadow grovyle's entry is disqualified, i don't seem to understand its "love" for evil, it just looks like another fusion done of umbreon and mew, nothing special about it.

jedite1000: your entry is awesome, i'm sure yours is not disqualified, its good.

Shadow Grovyle
April 8th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I deleted my post, I just want to enter, but I don't know what to draw. what emotion to pick :(

~JapaneseWolf
April 8th, 2006, 07:16 PM
nobodies done sad or, excited, try one of them.

Allstories
April 8th, 2006, 08:41 PM
shadow grovyle's entry is disqualified, i don't seem to understand its "love" for evil, it just looks like another fusion done of umbreon and mew, nothing special about it.

Granted, you've chosen an astoundingly vague theme that doesn't really leave much room for taking advantage of any interesting pixel art techniques or conventions.

Shadow Grovyle
April 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM
I'll try sad, as I already pictures a picture in my mind already.

Signomi
April 9th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Shadow Grovyle: Your entry has been disqualified due to it not being pixel art. If you like, you may pixelise it and re-enter it. Remember, just because a picture was done on paint is not automatically classified as pixel art. If you are unsure of how exactly to pixelise or what the true definition of pixel art may be, refer to this source (http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=pixel+art&gwp=13). Hope that helps.

~JapaneseWolf
April 9th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Esupio sono kamereon has chosen not to be a judge anymore

Signomi
April 10th, 2006, 02:20 AM
And Shadow Grovyle's entry is once again disqualified for the reason stated in my last post. It lacked pixel art relevence. And your last entry wasn't a fusion. Look at the link I provided you with above to see exactly how to pixelise your entry and what pixel art actually looks like.

MegaLightBlaze
April 10th, 2006, 04:49 PM
emoticons right?

okay here's an emoticon sprite sheet;

emoticons sheet Beta.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9699/emoticons7mf.png (http://imageshack.us)
not Emoticons, Emotions!
Though as to wether it will be disqualified is up to Signomi.

Lokhlan
April 10th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Wow, this months PA contest has really started off great hasn't it... -_-

Signomi
April 10th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Nope, shadowfuse's entry is perfectly fine.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Kris :/

~JapaneseWolf
April 10th, 2006, 11:02 PM
sorry, i chose such a hard subject but i thought it would work.

Esupio
April 11th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I suggested the theme to FG for the Art contest ages ago, I suppose she was right to turn it down :P

Shadow Grovyle
April 11th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Ok, I get it now,because I don't go to this thread a lot.

EDIT: I pixelized it, can I enter it now?

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1421/pika9gu.png

Lokhlan
April 13th, 2006, 01:09 PM
That's definitely pixel art there, yes sir. You shouldn't have to worry about being disqualified anymore.

Allstories
April 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM
It's pixel art, but you're still not getting it. As a regular paint drawing, it's pretty bad. As pixel art it's even worse. You're still not getting what pixel art is all about.

Shadow Grovyle
April 13th, 2006, 02:08 PM
OK, Allstories, I get it, but I still don't get what Pixel Art is, I mean, I thought that pixel art is placing the pixels carefully.

Jedite1000
April 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM
i like it shadow, it is really cute how its sad :D

Shadow Grovyle
April 14th, 2006, 04:57 AM
Thanks Jedite1000, I really like yours too, especally Voltorb's eyes, how its mad. Good Luck on the contest :)

Allstories
April 15th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Message to CengizMan: AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHH.

Allstories
April 18th, 2006, 03:03 PM
I posted my entry. Just so we're clear, the goomba is supposed to look like that. It's part of the joke.

Jedite1000
April 18th, 2006, 05:10 PM
allstories it not bad ur entry, but what emotion is it?

Allstories
April 18th, 2006, 05:38 PM
...I thought I spelled it out in bold white letters pretty well.

Haunter Master
April 18th, 2006, 09:32 PM
angst, nice choice and the whole thing is that your definition of pixel art is like a picture with a 1 pixel outline and our definition of pixel art is a picture made in a paint type program and draw it very carefully while zoomed in and ive read the wiki on it and nowhere does it say a pixel art picture has to have a 1 pixel outline

~JapaneseWolf
April 19th, 2006, 12:05 AM
allstories yours is excellent! and so far jedite1000's is cool too, on my opinion i was hoping for more entries.

Shadow Grovyle
April 19th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Allstories please don't double post. You have the edit buttion for that.

Allstories
April 19th, 2006, 06:27 AM
angst, nice choice and the whole thing is that your definition of pixel art is like a picture with a 1 pixel outline and our definition of pixel art is a picture made in a paint type program and draw it very carefully while zoomed in and ive read the wiki on it and nowhere does it say a pixel art picture has to have a 1 pixel outline
What on earth are you talking about? My definition of pixel art is the same one on Wikipedia. Pixel art is defined by the method with which you create something, not the end result. There's no clever, formulaic way you can just make your crappy oekaki drawing into pixel art.

Haunter, your piece can barely be considered pixel art, if at all. It's blatantly evident that you put almost zero effort into fixing up the lines. It seems entirely probable that you merely scribbled it up with the pencil tool and colored it in. That's not sufficient. If you want to take it a step further and clean up the lines so it flows nicely and looks pleasing to the eye, go ahead.

Jedite, your entry is still not pixel art. C'mon, you're honestly not fooling anyone. 2-3 hours? Honestly, even if you did hand-pixel it, I really doubt it would take that long. You're just using the circle tool for the body and the line tool for the rest. That is STILL NOT PIXEL ART.

In my opinion, using things like the curved line tool and the regular line tool is all right, but only if used to make things convenient. It should not comprise almost the entire image. Jedite, Kris, and Shadow Grovyle are all guilty of that. Even if the latter two at least have some elements of pixel art, I'd consider it a serious detriment to their entries, at least in pixel art standards.

Esupio
April 19th, 2006, 06:45 AM
I posted my entry. Just so we're clear, the goomba is supposed to look like that. It's part of the joke.
Brilliant, made me laugh alot :P

and the quality is awesome aswell :p

Jedite1000
April 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
what on earth r u talking about alstories, everybody accepted my pixel art, i even liked ur pixel art... u just love to say these thing right?..oh i see lol u want to win, u want everybody to be disqualified...ok alstories beside urs is their anyone else who did a pixel art?

Signomi
April 19th, 2006, 10:50 PM
jedite1000, have you actually paid attention to his post? He doesn't say these things for his own enjoyment, he says them because certain people still cannot grasp the proper concept of what Pixel Art even is, and it's sad to know that they still don't. And no, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want you all disqualified. Infact, his entry is the only proper pixel art entry in the contest.

Jedite1000
April 19th, 2006, 10:58 PM
what about maxxa, maxxa's pichu is pixel art right?

Signomi
April 19th, 2006, 10:58 PM
It's a sprite. But only a sprite.

castiboy
April 20th, 2006, 02:13 AM
*no one knows what pixelart is!!!*

true... imo that goomba needs some shading man, it just looks out of place in that pic... good exemple of what you're saying though... it was intentional i guess.

Signomi
April 20th, 2006, 07:01 AM
castiboy's post has been moved here. Remember to leave the entry thread for entries only.

~JapaneseWolf
April 20th, 2006, 11:54 PM
yes i agree with allstories, not many people actually know what pixel art means. only three proper entries i've noticed so far are actual pixelart, on my own opinion of course

Shadow Grovyle
April 21st, 2006, 03:30 AM
Which three entries are you talking about?

Allstories
April 21st, 2006, 06:37 AM
I'm pretty sure me and Castiboy have the only truly valid pixel art. Li-Kero is pretty close, though. At least he's on the right track.

Zone
April 21st, 2006, 10:01 AM
I've started working on an entry. I'm less than halfway done, though.

I have an idea for the next contest's theme: No Pokemon, real or fake. That would stop people from submitting Pokemon sprite fusions.

And shouldn't fusions be disqualified unless you made both sprites/pixel arts you're fusing? It should be considered stealing, since fusions aren't creating sprites or pixel art, it's just combining ones that were already made by someone else. It would be like if my entry was the head from Allstories' Mario put over the head of Castiboy's ghost.

Houndoom1
April 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM
Well I have entered mine. I'm sure it's going to get a higher rating then my last entry, last month. This is the first time I didn't use sprites.. well this is only my second time entering one.....

Jedite1000
April 21st, 2006, 07:15 PM
i dont think im gonna get a good judge on mine now becasue oof alstories if he didnt say anything to mine i would of had a chance, ill probly get last now

Allstories
April 21st, 2006, 07:37 PM
Yep, I'm totally out to get you. My words turn works of art into garbage. >:D

Zone
April 22nd, 2006, 04:43 AM
I submitted mine. I am never going to make anything that requires a background ever again.

Shadow Grovyle
April 22nd, 2006, 04:53 AM
i dont think im gonna get a good judge on mine now becasue oof alstories if he didnt say anything to mine i would of had a chance, ill probly get last now

I feel the same way, too. Now none has a chance exept castiboy and allstoires, why would any other person bother entering now?

Zone
April 22nd, 2006, 04:55 AM
I feel the same way, too. Now none has a chance exept castiboy and allstoires, why would any other person bother entering now?

For fun? And you spelled "again" wrong in your signature's banner.

Shadow Grovyle
April 22nd, 2006, 05:17 AM
Thats one reason, but they won't get a good judge.

Zone
April 22nd, 2006, 05:25 AM
Thats one reason, but they won't get a good judge.

Then just take Allstorie's advice and use it to make a better one. Listen to him, he knows what he's talking about.

Fox♠
April 22nd, 2006, 06:05 AM
Lemme get this straight? you whiney fools are blaming Allstories because your entries lack any real skill?

This sickens me, Allstories here is right, he has my full support.

~JapaneseWolf
April 22nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
seriously, people look it up! allsotries not lying when he said look it up i did at www.wikipedia.org (http://www.wikipedia.org) and it said the exact same thing allstories explained when he said what pixel art means!

signomi: awesome dog, good inspiration to, my old dog used to do that, its so kawaii and i'm having trouble finding a new judge.

Shijuukara
April 22nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Well, I never thought I could make a "Pixel Art" thingy. 'm surprised on what it came out like. I'm happy I entered. I life everyone's. Signomi's dog is awesome.

Silon
April 22nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
I know. What does everyone think of the Treecko?
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e66/darienwillow/treeckoshade.gif

Shijuukara
April 22nd, 2006, 09:08 PM
I really like it, its cool.

my first Pixel Art ever and I don't care how it looks, I think it turned out ok

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/XiaolinDraginis/Scratches/PixelArtcopy.png

~JapaneseWolf
April 22nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
silon thats much better, and AoD its good but it needs dithering on the hair, face and shirt

Zone
April 23rd, 2006, 05:23 AM
Silon, your treeko is great. Angel of Darkness, your art looks to me like it was drawn freehand for some reason.

Shadow Grovyle
April 23rd, 2006, 05:32 AM
I know that Allstoires is right, but i feel like I dont have a chance of winning much.

Jedite1000
April 23rd, 2006, 09:12 AM
i know what people think, u think mine is not pixel art, well maybe 2 u it dont look like pixel art but it is, trust me it maybe a different pixel program 2 you but i have a pixel program and the only think that is not pixel is the background but the voltorb of mine is pixel

beleave it or not, i do not care anymore cause i know i am right

Signomi
April 23rd, 2006, 09:23 AM
i know what people think, u think mine is not pixel art, well maybe 2 u it dont look like pixel art but it is, trust me it maybe a different pixel program 2 you but i have a pixel program and the only think that is not pixel is the background but the voltorb of mine is pixel

What program you used to make your entry is of no regard in any way. That doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure you've used MS Paint. Such a program doesn't give you any restriction what so ever to do a good entry. Infact, I made my entry on MS Paint. I use no other program.

And yes, yours only managed to be pixel art, therefore it still has it's place in the contest, but it still looks like just a drawing, which doesn't fulfill the actual concept of what pixel art is even about.

Shijuukara
April 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
@Zone: Now that you mention it it does kinda, dunno if its good or bad but I did it in Paint.

Zone
April 23rd, 2006, 10:27 AM
@Zone: Now that you mention it it does kinda, dunno if its good or bad but I did it in Paint.

Everyone who entered the contest probably did it in Paint. But this is only your first one, so you'll learn from your mistakes and learn how to make better ones. The pixel art I entered was my first one as well, and I learned to never make them the way I did that time again.

It's barely pixel art, and the program doesn't matter. You're not right.

Houndoom1
April 23rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Everyone who entered the contest probably did it in Paint. But this is only your first one, so you'll learn from your mistakes and learn how to make better ones. The pixel art I entered was my first one as well, and I learned to never make them the way I did that time again.

My entry was also my first pixel art. I've learned to add more shading to my art.

I guess everyone learns something from pixel art as they make it.

Esupio
April 23rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
EGO ALERT
EGO ALERT
EGO AL*shot*

'beleave it or not, your wrong'

~JapaneseWolf
April 24th, 2006, 12:05 AM
seriously, i believe that Jedites entry is pixel art, i have to go with signomi, i believe that its pixel art, soon to be judged, i'll tell you know i'm trying to make special banners for EVERY ENTRY, like a 'competitor" ribbon thing

Lokhlan
April 25th, 2006, 05:58 AM
In my opinion, using things like the curved line tool and the regular line tool is all right, but only if used to make things convenient. It should not comprise almost the entire image. Jedite, Kris, and Shadow Grovyle are all guilty of that. Even if the latter two at least have some elements of pixel art, I'd consider it a serious detriment to their entries, at least in pixel art standards.
Hmm... I haven't thought about it that way before. Up until now, I've always hated the jagged edges you sometimes get while pixel-arting. I guess I should buck up and accept that jagged edges aren't necessarily a sign of poor spriting, but rather a sign of a hardcore pixel artist trying his best not to take short cuts. Now if I can only get past how obsessive compulsive I am about jaggies.

Ha ha, I said "jaggies"! *cough*

Oh, and btw, your entry is teh fiz nit Ally.

MegaLightBlaze
April 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
It's a sprite. But only a sprite.
Since when are sprites a bad thing?
Also, how come when people list which entries are TRUE pixel art, mine isn't included, It's a sprite, how is that not pixal art?

Domin-8
April 25th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Allstories is right, Jedite your entry is nice, but you can tell that is some type of line and cirlce tool. The lines figit in some places. But it is nice. Allstories is funny. If i can finish my pixel art in 3 days i could enter it. Who knows, but i would like to see who actually wins.

~JapaneseWolf
April 25th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Since when are sprites a bad thing?
Also, how come when people list which entries are TRUE pixel art, mine isn't included, It's a sprite, how is that not pixal art?

sprites are not classified as pixel art, pixel art is when you draw it one pixel at a time by yourself, at least i'm sure. if you were to have made a whole new raichu sprite that would still be a sprite.

Signomi
April 25th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Actually, Sprites are a form of pixel art. Therefore it actually IS pixel art.

~JapaneseWolf
April 25th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Actually, Sprites are a form of pixel art. Therefore it actually IS pixel art.
oh kay i always though that they were sprites only, thanks for telling me signomi.

Esupio
April 26th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Hyperion's entry: DOUBLE U TEA F
What the hell is it, it makes no sense at all

It's a sprite, how is that not pixal art?
cause pixal art doesn't exsist

Allstories
April 26th, 2006, 09:40 AM
wHY IS MY HEAD POTATO chiPS????

Dragonfree
April 26th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Hmm... I haven't thought about it that way before. Up until now, I've always hated the jagged edges you sometimes get while pixel-arting. I guess I should buck up and accept that jagged edges aren't necessarily a sign of poor spriting, but rather a sign of a hardcore pixel artist trying his best not to take short cuts. Now if I can only get past how obsessive compulsive I am about jaggies.

Ha ha, I said "jaggies"! *cough*

Oh, and btw, your entry is teh fiz nit Ally.
What is so hard about making smooth lines without using curve tools for it?

I never use curve tools, and I've still made a perfectly round-looking Voltorb pixel art. :/ It depends on how well you can clean up the outline to make it smooth.

I'm going to enter, by the way. I thought my entry wasn't turning out good enough, but I think I'll manage to finish it and make it look good. Even if not, I could enter one of my Eons...

Domin-8
April 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM
It isn't potato chips you head exploded from frustration. I doubt i will get a place in this but hey i thought it was kinda funny and fit the mood you were in on the whole pixel art thing.

~JapaneseWolf
April 26th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I'm going to enter, by the way. I thought my entry wasn't turning out good enough, but I think I'll manage to finish it and make it look good. Even if not, I could enter one of my Eons...

its beautiful, i like the colour choice.

Esupio
April 27th, 2006, 07:22 AM
It isn't potato chips you head exploded from frustration. I doubt i will get a place in this but hey i thought it was kinda funny and fit the mood you were in on the whole pixel art thing.
it looks like potato chips ¬¬
I doubt his head exploded
and doesn't even look like you tried

Domin-8
April 27th, 2006, 05:50 PM
No not really on the head thing, but meh I really don't care. I thought it was kinda funny at the time i did it, and i kinda rushed it. (the whole head exploding part.) otherwise it will actually look better when i finish it. It was jsut kinda a spur of the moment thing. I really don't care if i get a low score on it anyway i always do.

Lokhlan
April 30th, 2006, 06:06 AM
What is so hard about making smooth lines without using curve tools for it?
Nothing.

Like I said, I'm OC (Obsessive Compulsive).

Just for the record, that's the first pixel art project I've ever used the curve tool for. It just seemed to make the project go a whole lot smoother. And even though I did use the curve tool, I pixeled over the curves pixel by pixel with different colors to create depth. I just figured I mentioned that since my entry was in the "Barely equals pixel art" category that is currently being discussed.