Martin Yiu
March 31st, 2006, 08:20 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/PKNG.png

.:: Hack Name ::.
Pokémon: Next Generation

.:: Hack of ::.
Pokémon Fire Red (BPRE)

.:: Introduction ::.
This is my second hack, that first wasn't good and I think this will be better. I'm making it first time with FR, because of better graphics.
I started to think about new region after .romhackersweekly Issue 9, but I didn't decided yet. So, view this post often for news.
This hack received the .rhw 9 über award.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/masato606/romhackersweekly.output/9/uber.png

.:: Story ::.
You are about to enter the region. Prof. OAK asks, what's your name and if you're boy or girl, then, old friend speaks to you, but OAK forgot his name, so you have to help him :) . Then you wake up from your dream (funny, isn't it?) and you go to the OAK's lab to get your POKéMON. First advenure starts in Pallet forest, that wasn't here before, as mom told you.
It hides big surprise, but you don't get it so soon. Then you go back to the town and search for Prof. You go to the route, but he suddenly appears and calls you into his LAB. There you meet your old friend, and you both take your first POKéMON. You will battle with your old friend. There your adventure begins....

.:: Features ::.
* Map changes
* Bonus places
* New GYM system
* EEVEE as starter
* Changing some sprites of POKéMON, taking from other games.
* Maybe new region

.:: Team ::.
Mappers: me
Spriters: me
Scripts: Christos, Perappu
Helpers (or they want to be): Micklo

.::Beta testing::.
Beta 1 is out, as you can see, but for early Beta 2 testing find glitches from Beta 1, that you can't find by cheating. Then you will be certified as Pokémon: Next generation beta tester.

Certified testers:
Christos
Perrapu

.::Beta 2 release date::.
For testers: in next two weeks from 28th May.
For whole PC: week after testing.

.:: Screenshots ::.
http://vazkari.clawz.com/Fire_07.png
▲See that revamped Pikachu?
http://vazkari.clawz.com/Fire_05.png
▲Battle Hall
http://vazkari.clawz.com/Fire_06.png
▲Celebi the Healer - New place in the game
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/Fire_01.png
▲Viridian City - Clearwater lake

Enter-Shikary
March 31st, 2006, 10:11 AM
your hack is good if you need help pm me

AquaLeaderMatt
March 31st, 2006, 11:18 AM
Awesome Hack! I just played the BETA, and i loved it! I could be a BETA Tester if you want. I did find a few Bugs. The worst one is when i talk to the guy who teaches Dream Eater to one of your Pokémon. After i finnish talking to him, i turn into a random person and the main character just stands in the place where the man was.

Martin Yiu
March 31st, 2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I can't solve it.... That bug is nightmare.
OK, when I'll prepare cities with halls and league (hope it'll be short time),
you can test it as first. And if you know about ANYONE, who can solve that problem, please tell him I need help. And I noticed that something is wrong in the Pallet...

BTW thanks for playing beta.

AquaLeaderMatt
April 1st, 2006, 01:00 AM
It's ok. I should be thanking you for maing it! I'm not sure i know anybody that could fix it, but you could try asking Dark_E. He's a fair Hacker. I think it's awesome that you have two leaders, but ow about putting a little bit more in the Gym? And you could make Misty's starmie lv10, and Brock's Onix lv10. I think that would make the Hack even better, if possible!

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 03:29 AM
Fine. Thanks for ideas. BTW, you will find all legendaries in Warp chambers, placed all over region.

AquaLeaderMatt
April 1st, 2006, 04:12 AM
Awesome, Is every Gym going to have two leaders? That will be mad. Could i be a gym leader, or an Elite Four? I've got the perfect idea for a Rock/Ground Type Trainer.

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 04:40 AM
OK, choose name (hitme2k5 is bit weird), your POKéMON (max. 4, level range 42 - 48) and make your sprite. If you don't want to make sprite, I will make random one. Because you want to be rock/ground trainer, you will replace Bruno in E4 - leaders of gyms will be same.

EDIT: Next two lucky boys/girls who will ask as first two, have place in E4 - you will need to post things written above.

I will be in E4 too:
Name: Watson Jr.
Type: Normal
Number of Pokémon: 2
Pokémon: Pidgeot, Eevee
Sprite: working on

~Archer~
April 1st, 2006, 06:02 AM
I like this hack. it has a bright future.
i really like the idea of Pallet Town forest and two Gym leaders at once.

Oh i can join the E4 thats nice.
Well:

Name: Yoh
Type: Psychic
My pokemon:
Espeon Lvl. 42
Kadabra Lvl. 43
Kadabra Lvl. 43
Gardevoir Lvl. 45

if Espeon and Gardevoir are a no go they can be replaced with Mr. Mime and Alakazam.
I don't have a sprite plus i would like to see what random sprite you will choose to use.

Alpham-A-Epsilons
April 1st, 2006, 06:34 AM
May I join the elite four

Name: Vincent
Type: Fire
Chairzard 46
Magmar 43
Arcanine 45
Rapidash 44
Flareon 44

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 06:48 AM
OK, is now complete, Mimi Fan, you want sprite by me too?
Just wait, I will complete Strike's sprite.

When I'll complete sprites and putting E4 trainers into game, you all can give me your random trainer requests, but only with sprites.
EDIT
http://vazkari.clawz.com/trainer-02E.bmp
Strike, here is your sprite.

That my is down there
http://vazkari.clawz.com/trainer-070.bmp

Alpham-A-Epsilons
April 1st, 2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah you can make my sprite

What do you mean by trainer requests like make a new trainers you battle like Aroma Lady,Hiker, and Swimmer

AquaLeaderMatt
April 1st, 2006, 07:06 AM
OK, let's see......
Trainer name: Elite 4 Matt
Pokémon:
Golem lv 42
Aggron lv 44
Rhydon lv 46
Tyranitar lv 48

Now that is just the best team ever! I'm hopeless at sprites so i will let you make them.

If i'm allowed two more then my team will be:
Golem lv 40
Aggron lv 42
Nidoking lv 44
Nidoqueen lv 46
Rhydon lv 48
Tyranitar lv 50

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 07:20 AM
Fine, so I'll make Mimi Fan's sprite and from now... ...you can ask for random trainer in game, but need name and sprite. No Pokémon changes, sorry.

Posted by Mimi Fan
What do you mean by trainer requests like make a new trainers you battle like Aroma Lady,Hiker, and Swimmer

Yes, new type of trainer, used just once in a game, can be more (I hope).

Next answer (didn't notice one sentence)
Posted by hitme2k5
If i'm allowed two more then my team will be...

You want two more Pokémon? Sorry, but I want to make levels and number of POKéMON used - I will be last and have one more - like in GSC, what makes game easier, that means trainer won't be so frustrated by hard E4.

~Archer~
April 1st, 2006, 07:28 AM
I like that sprite, it matches with the idea i had in my head.

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 07:32 AM
Fine. BTW, you wanted it look like character from Shaman King?

Vipershark
April 1st, 2006, 07:41 AM
Great hack! As always, I turned on the walk thru walls code to experiment, and I found some good maps. Brock's gym is still the same. I didnt make it to cerulean. Viridian forest is in pallet town so you have to walk thru walls to get there. The unknown dungeon is Mystic cave too...

I can help out with the game. I can beta test, do mapping, and edit text.

I wanna be in E4.

Name: Stephen
Type:Water/Ice, I guess
Pokémon:
Cloyster lv 42
Feraligatr lv 44
Dewgong lv 46
Vaporeon lv 48

~Archer~
April 1st, 2006, 07:45 AM
Nah, Why would i wanted it to look like a character from Shaman king?
( looks at theme ) oh right.

but seriously, I never really had an idea what it should look like. But that sprite really says "what do you want from me?" and i like that.

Alpham-A-Epsilons
April 1st, 2006, 07:46 AM
Hey Watson I can't play it it says unsupported file type

AquaLeaderMatt
April 1st, 2006, 07:54 AM
It's an IPS Patch, have you patched it to Pokémon FireRed?

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 08:03 AM
Vipeshark, you will replace me in e4 and I will battle trainer before Victory road
Strike-Freedom, now I understand
#1 Mimi Fan, hitme2k5 is right and I am still working on your sprite. If you don't have IPS patcher, just name your ROM as patch and VBA (you need 1.7 or higher) will patch automatically it for you.

Any other questions, or ideas, or bugs?

EDIT: Now I made all sprites, so we have to review old and show new.
I wanted make them realistic, I didn't make superhero costumes showing their abilities, maybe except Vincent's
Pokeball, I made them look like normal people.
I made their personalities according to their sprites:

Yoh: He likes being alone. As kid, he obtained psychic ability to talk with
POKéMON. Four years ago, he replaced Agatha in the Elite 4.
Matt: He is Bruno's brother, but, unlike Bruno, he is more quiet and effective.
Before he came to Elite 4, replacing Bruno, who travelled to Hoenn,
he was one of top admins in Silph CO.
Vincent: He likes fun and battling. He was taught by Blaine, who made also
Fire academy on Cinnabar Island. When he ended last year in
academy, he replaced Lance in Elite 4.
Stephen: He sailed with his father in his childhood. He sailed into Sootopolis and got Pokémon from Wallace.
Then he came back to Kanto and started as trainer in Cerulean Gym. When he was 18, he fought
Elite 4 and replaced Lorelei, who lives now on Sevii Islands.

All sprites:
Elite 4 Yoh - Psychic master
http://vazkari.clawz.com/trainer-02E.bmp
Elite 4 Matt - Rock master
http://vazkari.clawz.com/trainer-071.bmp
Elite 4 Vincent - Fire master
http://vazkari.clawz.com/trainer-015.bmp
Elite 4 Stephen - Water/Ice master
http://vazkari.clawz.com/trainer-055.bmp

Har D Har
April 1st, 2006, 08:58 AM
I need to ask you some ?'s:
1.How do you get those Pokemon in the lake?
2.HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSSED TO CAPTURE MEW OR JIRACHI WITHOUT A MASTERBALL?!
2.Why does your rival have a Caterpie?

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 09:43 AM
Ok, now answers.
1. Want to get those Pokémon? You can't, because of fast current. There isn't any script for them, they are just for making map more beautiful. BTW, all those pokémon are obtainable in FR, so they will be here, but in the other places.

2.I don't know what is hard about capturing them, because I caught them using POKéBALL. Just make them sleep or paralyzed. It's REALLY EASY.
Don't forget to earn badges, or they won't obey you.

3. When I'll change intro and OAK's text, you'll understand.
Here, Gary isn't grandson of OAK. He's just poor kid who will get first POKéMON. BTW, I'll make him more friendly to main character.

~Archer~
April 1st, 2006, 09:46 AM
I like that description. It's like me with Anabel's ability.

BTW, Mew doesn't obay you, even thought i already have the badges.

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 09:50 AM
I don't know what to do. BTW I have posted something in your fanclub thread.

Har D Har
April 1st, 2006, 10:03 AM
Why can'y you cut out Seel, Replace with Kabuto, and make it so you can catch them all later in the game. You can remove the fossil-Mt.Moon thing and gift Lapras from that Silph dude.

Alpham-A-Epsilons
April 1st, 2006, 10:11 AM
Okay I clicked on your link where it says Fire and downloaded it and renamed it Patch and it still doesnt work

~Archer~
April 1st, 2006, 10:43 AM
you don't rename it Patch, you must give it the same name as the rom.

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, Strike-Freedom is right, and in the E4 I have updated Stephen's sprite and description.ä

Now answer:

Posted by Har D Har
Why can't you cut out Seel, Replace with Kabuto, and make it so you can catch them all later in the game. You can remove the fossil-Mt.Moon thing and gift Lapras from that Silph dude.

Because I'm not good scripter. I am using scripts in the game, changing text and put it into other place. But if you can make scripts, I would really appreciate help from you. Use patch for ROM, because I didn't make further progress, just made E4 sprites and going to put them into the game. And when you make script and put into it, just send IPS. It's smaller.
Thanks

Dogboy2709
April 1st, 2006, 11:20 AM
worst one is when i talk to the guy who teaches Dream Eater to one of your Pokémon. After i finnish talking to him, i turn into a random person and the main character just stands in the place where the man was.
that's really no big problem. just walk inside a buliding and you'll be back to normal.
I finshed the BETA yesterday, and it was amazing! KUTAW! (Keep Up The Awsome Work!)

Alpham-A-Epsilons
April 1st, 2006, 01:15 PM
I know why it's not working you didn't add a patch with it

Martin Yiu
April 1st, 2006, 10:56 PM
How do you mean? That IS patch! OK, I added patcher for you. Extract ZIP file and open Lips.exe, click apply patch and choose your Fire Red rom. Tada! You have it. BTW, you should look in Simple questions thread.
EDIT: Vipershark, you can be mapper. PM me.

~Archer~
April 2nd, 2006, 01:54 AM
Does that place with Celebi in the beta stays in the final version but somewhere else or is it completely gone by then?

And what use does the cruise ship have when you get Cut right in the beginning?

Martin Yiu
April 2nd, 2006, 03:00 AM
There will be no ship, no ferry to Sevii. It will be other way to get there. Warp chambers are main type of transportation, and place with Celebi, known as Mystic Mountain, will be near changed League place, known as Victory Forest. But, my ROM is messed up and I must make hack again.

Citolim
April 2nd, 2006, 06:24 AM
Okay, this hack ROCKS!!!! I opened it with Advance map, and I noticed that you can only get Moltres and Articuno. I found this out when I was going through Mystic Mountain. I wanted to get Zapdos early, but when I tried to find the Power Plant, It was replaced by the Warp Chamber. How are we going to get into the Power Plant then?

Martin Yiu
April 2nd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Sooo, you will get all three legendary birds in the Warp chamber, they will be in separate chambers and you will enter them in three places in the region. Power plant is replaced and you won't see it or Unknown dungeon - it's Mystic mountain. I have finished putting new E4 sprites into the game. But, I can't make right attacks for them, you know - PET, so no Pokémon changes except Vincent and Yoh

T.R.S.M
April 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
can i be a dark master
mcflameblast
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/TRM.jpg

or jemma
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/female.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/matcam_92/femaleovrwrlds.png

if you need any trainer sprites or overworlds ask me or custom poke's <<<you dnt need them but hay!!

_______
T.R.S.M

Martin Yiu
April 2nd, 2006, 10:17 AM
I think you want to be in E4, sorry, but it's full and E4 requests are closed.
And if you can make POKéMON revamps from GSC I will need your help. Have a nice day!

DarkMastaC
April 2nd, 2006, 04:28 PM
well do you think its fair that your rival gets a lv5 carterpie and you get a lv15 eevee? now i dont see that as fair at all there shoudl be some balance lol give him a higher lvl pokemon and not a carterpie like a ratata or something just something better.

Also, I found a glitch if you lose you get sent to a pokemon center of what ever leader you beat last for example i beat misty then lost to brock and got sent to cerulean city

Shining Salamence
April 2nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
i would've liked to be in E4...

Martin Yiu
April 2nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
DarkMastaC - I don't know how to solve this, sorry. I wanted to make double battle with two badges,but I don't know how to do it. And about Gary and his Pokémon: That was just for testing purposes and fastwer playing. BTW if you can make scripts, PLEASE I need help.

Shining Salamence, sorry, but requests for E4 are now closed. If you want to know who's in new E4, check out first page.

~Archer~
April 2nd, 2006, 09:29 PM
well do you think its fair that your rival gets a lv5 carterpie and you get a lv15 eevee? now i dont see that as fair at all there shoudl be some balance lol give him a higher lvl pokemon and not a carterpie like a ratata or something just something better.

Also, I found a glitch if you lose you get sent to a pokemon center of what ever leader you beat last for example i beat misty then lost to brock and got sent to cerulean city
No it isn't fair but it's funny. Okay that you have a Lvl 15 Eevee and he a Lvl 5 Caterpie sounds unbalanced. But do you want to have trouble everytime you see him, no you don't, you want to continue with your quest. Wouldn't it be funny when your battleing him and he suddenly uses a Caterpie.

I'd say: whatever you do Watson Jr, don't change the starters.

Martin Yiu
April 2nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks. And BTW, can you make scripts for me?

Assasinator
April 2nd, 2006, 11:27 PM
i think i found a bug. When you go to the first townhall and defeat misty first and you lose to brock then you get in the pokemon center of cerulean city. besides did you notice eevee's lvl is 15 when you get it as starter?

Martin Yiu
April 2nd, 2006, 11:32 PM
First, I know about that bug, and here is some advice: Try to earn badges in right order.
Next: I know about that level, because I edited it so in HEX editor.

AquaLeaderMatt
April 5th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Hey, i havn't posted in days! That sprite of me looks awesome! Only the hat looks a little big, i'll show you my new sprite soon.

Martin Yiu
April 6th, 2006, 09:04 AM
No news........... short...

Pazuzu
April 6th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Sorry to hear that, homes.
Your Hack was looking promising.

Good luck on your new Hack.

~closed by request~

04/17/2006: Re-Opened by request.

Martin Yiu
April 17th, 2006, 08:38 AM
People, I'm continuing on this hack. I won't change trainer, but I'll continue. Because my ROM messed up and I deleted backup, I'm making maps over again. I have text edited in whole Pallet town. More updates later.

Ronmaster
April 17th, 2006, 09:27 AM
This looks like a brilliant game, keep it up. I was qondering if you had a rival fro the trainer because I luv da game so much I thought maybe I could be it?

~Archer~
April 17th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Dude, good to see that your continueing this after all. *thumbs up*

Christos
April 17th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Yay!!I'm so glad it's continued :D
If you need help PM me ;)
I can map and hack palttes,text,scripts...

Martin Yiu
April 17th, 2006, 11:47 PM
OK, can you script for me?
When I'll do at least five cities, I'll PM you patch. ;)

Christos
April 18th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Ok Sugimori,
I added you on msn, we can talk and send me the patch.

Martin Yiu
April 18th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Thanks for your help. I'll update first post and I'll add you to the team.

Roxie Mika
April 18th, 2006, 05:52 AM
I can help you out with scripts.

Things I can do:

Wild battle script [but not on Emerald version]
Give Pokemon script [any version]
Script that sets/checks/clears a flag [clearing a flag to have Rockets steal your pack or Pokemon for example]
Script that play's a pokemon cry or an ingame song
Et cetera. Et cetera. Et cetera. SQUIRREL! Squirrel, squirrel, squirrel, squirrel, squirrel...

Red1530
April 18th, 2006, 06:40 AM
This hack looks great but I don't like the idea of starting off with an Eevee. Maybe we could choose between the Jhoto starters.

Martin Yiu
April 18th, 2006, 06:43 AM
You'll see, why there aren't any johto starters. First, you'll get nat. dex and later... Johto starters can be obtainable. ....Eevee can evolve into Espeon or Umbreon with sun or moon stone.

Rokuo_Mitarashi
April 18th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Hello Sugimori! I like your hack! Can I be the 8th Gym Leader.

Name: Rokuo
Type:Dragon/Steel
Pokemon:
Steelix Lv38
Dragonite Lv38
Salamence Lv41
Lucario Lv43

Martin Yiu
April 18th, 2006, 11:31 PM
When I'll find out how to edit attacks of POKéMON, you're in. Perappu, I'llneed your help. I'll PM you, when I'll have part of game complete.

Roxie Mika
April 19th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I made a banner for the hack, Sugimori.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1093/pktngbanner1un.png

Just whiling the time away~
~Perappu

Siyeko
April 19th, 2006, 08:56 AM
how do I play it? i would like to, but I have no clue how to start it...

Roxie Mika
April 19th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46315) .-.;

Scroll down to the IPS Patches FAQ.

~Perappu o.o

Martin Yiu
April 19th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Nice one - banner. I'll have that mine, but every member of team should put that yours into his/her sig. Nice. *re-writes team list*.
OFFTOPIC: What was your name before Perappu? I think I know you.
Syieko: Check out FAQ and search, as Perappu said.

Christos
April 19th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Ok, I'll add that banner on my sig, another one...
OFFTOPIC:Sugimori his previous name was Icyflare, Perappu that's how you got in my buddy list :D

AquaLeaderMatt
April 19th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Hey, it's great news to see your carrying on with this hack!!! I could help you with something. I could map or script for you! Am i still in your E4?

Martin Yiu
April 21st, 2006, 08:45 AM
Of course!
I didn't change anything from story and people who are in. Just my rom messed up and i had to start over.

Vipershark
April 22nd, 2006, 11:47 AM
Once I finish the part that I was doing, can I join too?

Martin Yiu
April 22nd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Yes, you can join, but I need to see your work (and maybe little edit).

Citolim
April 23rd, 2006, 06:55 AM
I can add the Pokemon for the grass in Pallet, the water in Waterlily Lake, and possibly do a little mapping.

somewhat off-topic edit:

"When I'll find out how to edit attacks of POKéMON, you're in. Perappu, I'llneed your help. I'll PM you, when I'll have part of game complete."
Here's how:
1) Download Elite Map.
2) Download pokeroms.ini from helmetedrodent's website (link to the homepage provided with Elite Map)
3) Load your Fire Red ROM with Elite Map.
4) Open PattED(under toolbelt menu)
5) Select the Pokemon with whose attacks you want to edit.
6) Scroll to the attack that you want to edit with the slidey thingy.
7) Click the arrow next to the attack's name and select the attack you want to replace it with.
8) Close Elite map and open your emulator.
9) Load the ROM with your emulator.
10) Aquire the Pokemon and raise it to the level that it learns the attack to test it.
11) You are done!

Martin Yiu
April 23rd, 2006, 07:45 AM
Um, I know how to change attacks of Pokemon, but I want to change trainers pokemon with PET and it can't change attacks of pokemon as they have to be. Fore example, I will change Bruno to fire traiiner and when I'll change Pokemon, attacks will stay ground type and Fire blast is named there Earthquake, what's confusing. Anyways, thanks for help.

AquaLeaderMatt
April 23rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
Of course!
I didn't change anything from story and people who are in. Just my rom messed up and i had to start over.

Awesome. I can script or map for you if you want.

Jirachi Trainer
April 23rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
this hack looks fantastic, nice touch with celebi. If you PM me when you have realeased the final beta ill check for bugs, or the next beta if you want, if you want that is (i would love to help with this hack...)

Kuri-Chan ♪
April 26th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Good, But WHY CERULEAN? WHHHY?

But I love Eevee as a starter!

Martin Yiu
April 26th, 2006, 06:57 AM
What with Cerulean? Oh yes, deleting it. I'm not sure about deleting, maybe I'll just completely change it and ask someone for making scripts - editing GYM leader battle in Viridian and changing Gary script in Cerulean etc.
If you mean something other with it, tell me.

Blacksprite
April 26th, 2006, 02:18 PM
hey really cool game keep it up

crasher191
April 27th, 2006, 07:31 AM
i need some help. when i see oak all a little selection bar comes up and i choose either eggs or something else i cant see and then nothin happens. wat do i do?

Martin Yiu
April 27th, 2006, 07:42 AM
??? Did you use beta from first post? Don't use it, it's very glitchy! I'll post new one when I'll make same things as they were in that one. For this time, I have complete just Viridian. And I think t will be better when you'll play whole game than just parts, don't you think so?

And about that bug, show screenshot of it.

Micklo
April 27th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I would like to request whether I can help with your hack or not. I'm quite new to hacking, so I won't be hacking anything big!

I'd like to help with one/some of the following areas:
Base Stat edits
Pokemon found on certain routes
Pokedex Data
Spoken Text

I'm not a super hacker, so I'd just be using tools from the EliteMap package. I know you and the people already helping you are more than capable of doing these things, but I just thought I could save you some time, so you could concentrate on other things!

Hope I can help

Micklo

P.S. Can I make a cameo as a trainer, please?
Name: Mikey
Type: Water
Pokes: Wartotile
Croconaw
Marshtomp
Sealo
Sprite: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/Kingdomikey/Micklo.jpg
You can decide on the levels depending where (and if) you put me into the game!

Martin Yiu
April 28th, 2006, 04:12 AM
OK, you're in the team ;)

Sharanza
April 29th, 2006, 05:39 AM
great hack if u need help pm me

Martin Yiu
April 29th, 2006, 08:35 AM
OK, maybe I'll usew your help...

Offtopic: Rewrite your sig: Sorry for my bad English!!!

Christos
May 4th, 2006, 07:18 AM
The hack's going on great!
Can't wait for more screenies ;)

Martin Yiu
May 7th, 2006, 05:39 AM
I'm making new Viridian, it won't be same as in the beta. It is changed into the lake, and Waterlily lake will be changed into mountains, it will be all changed except Pallet town. Check out this post or my future posts for screenies.

Vipershark
May 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I'm almst done with the beta I was doing. I did a lot of text editing, and made Pallet Forest a lot better. Wait and see what I did, I think you'll like it.

Martin Yiu
May 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM
OK, my friend, I have great idea! We should make two versions, or make that your like sequel to that mine. I have idea for name: Pokémon: The new beginning.

Roxie Mika
May 13th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Sugimori, I'm sorry I wasn't able to get the scripts you had wanted to you, I have been very busy lately, and I am going to attempt to get them done over the course of this weekend.

~Kucheat

Martin Yiu
May 14th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Never mind. I have time. Maybe next week, I'll post more screenies (btw, I have complete Viridian but I can't upload screenies, because I have older version of hack, that one that beta came from. This one is much more improved...) soon.

~Archer~
May 14th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Screenies or no screenies, we will patiently wait till we can play that great hack of yours. =)

$-FCR plug out-$

mew555
May 14th, 2006, 04:42 PM
What Do i Do When i patched the pokemon hack to fire red?

~Archer~
May 14th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Playy it with VisualBoy Advance, but you shouldn't use the one in the first post it's glitched and Sugimori said that he will make a new one.

)FCR plug out(

MasterArbitor
May 15th, 2006, 04:35 AM
hey can you add richie , ashes friend?and can misty or brock follow you?

Martin Yiu
May 16th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Why? It's not yellow remake... And I didn't see many parts of the series... (ANIME+ - television what shows Pokémon in country where I live didn't buy so many parts... (I don't live in Japan,UK or US)

Missingno Baby
May 16th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I like the hack so far, but I've found a few bugs.

In the player's room, you cannot read the posted notice, or play with the NES.

O_O You can't talk to your mum, either...

Martin Yiu
May 17th, 2006, 08:13 AM
??? That beta is glitchy, don't use it. Didn't I mention it before? I'll delete it. Maybe there will be next beta at least to the Vermilion..

Shadowblazer
May 17th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Well I check my friends hack and nice work Sugimori.

Martin Yiu
May 17th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Thankies my friend ;), if you want to start ROM hacking, use my tutorial (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66001) in Tutorials section.

Vipershark
May 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM
I'm getting really close to finishing my version of the beta now. I thought I'd show a few screenshots, although I'm mostly doing text edits.

Ash can talk!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/Vipershark/1.png

Viridian Forest was burned down?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/Vipershark/2.png

Even though Gary is nice to Ash now, Daisy hates him! XD
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/Vipershark/3.png

That's all for now. Wait till I'm done for more.

ace675
May 18th, 2006, 03:34 PM
i cant wait till this game is out great job

Katakoe
May 18th, 2006, 08:11 PM
This is brilliant, I did find a bug, though Some times when I exit a house I leave my sprite behind, so I'm still walking around and everything, until I walk into another house, I get my sprite back.

But other than that, its great. [But I think you should make brock and misty a touch stronger]

Martin Yiu
May 19th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Don't use the beta! And Vipershark, this is very nice, and I told you about idea of making that your NG sequel, so I have an idea of chaning the region and making story that will be like sequel, because I have different text on the same places. Did you understand?

Vipershark
May 20th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I think I know what you're trying to say.

Korussive Acidsan
May 20th, 2006, 09:39 AM
The idea of Celebi the Healer is one I think would be great in a game. Do you need some type of translator to speak with it?

Lie Ren
May 20th, 2006, 07:49 PM
He said something about the character being able to speak with Pokemon, I believe. ^^ (neat idea)
I figure since you're re-doing it alittle differently, I'll just wait as apposed to downloading the old Beta of it.
But I can't wait to see what its like!

Martin Yiu
May 22nd, 2006, 03:26 AM
About that Celebi... I thought it will be great if I'lll make it able to speak with humans... What do you think? BTW, I'll post new screens of new Viridian soon... Really soon, just need to get them (play the game and use F12 key in VisualBoyAdvance)

Christos
May 22nd, 2006, 03:43 AM
Cool,can't wait for the screenies :)

Blackandy
May 22nd, 2006, 09:27 AM
About that Celebi... I thought it will be great if I'lll make it able to speak with humans... What do you think? BTW, I'll post new screens of new Viridian soon... Really soon, just need to get them (play the game and use F12 key in VisualBoyAdvance)

That's a pretty good idea. I like it:) . And I can't wait for the screenies:classic:

Martin Yiu
May 23rd, 2006, 05:27 AM
Here are the screenies...
On the first one is old text.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/Fire_02.png
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/Fire_01.png

Christos
May 23rd, 2006, 05:29 AM
Wow!They look relly good ;)

neo_shadow750
May 23rd, 2006, 05:33 AM
Nice ones, soon i will really try to make my own ;)

Martin Yiu
May 23rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
Fine! You like them.
Soon I'll release beta ONLY for testing purposes to my helpers, Christos and Perrapu. When I'll get the scripts into the game, I WON'T release any beta. If you really want to be beta tester, test the beta from the first post and send me over PM COMPLETE list of glitches between Pallet and Viridian WITHOUT using cheats. If you'll see enough glitches, you will be accepted as official beta tester and I'll send you the same beta as to the Christos and Perrapu.

Ronmaster
May 23rd, 2006, 08:47 AM
More pics, keep it up! It up is really gd! I luv this game!!

Martin Yiu
May 25th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Sooo... I need to make large overworlds (just looking down) of Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. Can anyone make me them?

Vipershark
May 26th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I don't know if I asked this already or not, but could I be a beta tester too? When I finish my version, I could help out.

Martin Yiu
May 26th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Soo, I told that I'm making "glitch contest", so you have to try the beta 1 and PM me complete list of glitches without using cheats and hacking programs on those locations:
Whole Pallet (also buildings)

Route 1

Pallet Forest

Celebi place, warp chambers and other warp chamber stuff

Whole Viridian (also bulidings)

Vipershark
May 26th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Okay, I'll do that. Most of them I tried to fix myself anyway. There is one glitch in Paleet town that will freeze your game. You know the girl who reads you trainer tips as ou leave town? If you press A to talk to her instead of trying to leave town so she will automatically speak to you, the game will freeze. It even does this after she has read them to you. She goes away eventually. She appears in the trees before that, too. You'll need cheats to get over to her that way, though.

Martin Yiu
May 26th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Hey, I talked about gliches you get wihout using cheats. I put that girl there because of protection. You know, not to freeze.

Vipershark
May 26th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, I know that you were, but I tried talking to her while she was in the trees to see what happened.... It freezes if you talk to her narmally though.

Martin Yiu
May 26th, 2006, 12:55 PM
OK, so send me the WHOLE LIST of glitches.

Vipershark
May 26th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Okay, I'll see what else I can find.

One more for now: The girl in Pallet Forest's text is messed up. Try talking to her and the text doesn't work right. I tried editing it, but she got even more glitched up, so I took her out altogether.

I'll see what else I can find.

Martin Yiu
May 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM
OK, PM me that. BTW,

Pokémon: Next Generation
recieved .rhw Issue 9 Editor's choice award.

Christos
May 27th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Awesome!It even got a really high rating (8.5)
Can't wait to test the beta ;)

Haunter Master
May 27th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I would like to thank you for bringing this hack into the world
can i be a beat tester???

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 27th, 2006, 03:55 PM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/masato606/romhackersweekly.output/9/uber.pngThis certifies that the hack, Pokémon: Next Generation has received the über award for an excellent hack.

Congratulations, and keep up the good work.

-- Wolt

Congratulations, you've earned it, Sugimori. ^_^

Mateo
May 27th, 2006, 05:56 PM
wow, cool. I had a Red hack with basicalyl the same name but it was mainly jsut spofign stuff and never got released(the title screen said "Pokemon: The Next Generation" in the Star Trek the next genation font. it basically was weird kanto with johto gfx. but this is cool^^ two thumbs up

Mr.Roserade
May 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Am i supposed 2 use the glitchy version of the patch so i can become a beta tester?

team draco rob
May 29th, 2006, 12:51 AM
do i need an emulator to play it?

Blackandy
May 29th, 2006, 03:44 AM
do i need an emulator to play the rom?

Yes you need a emulator I suggest Visualboy Advance
[S-HIGHLIGHT]You don't need to double post[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Martin Yiu
May 29th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Thanks for cheering people, I have idea about alternate start (Prof will still be there but with another task) and I found out how to change sprites from start (They are different than TCard sprites). Now I need to just search for backpics.
Skeetacular: Yes, you have to use the glitchy beta

Team Draco Rob: Please, delete your post, I know that that is your second post, but do it.And yes, you need emulator to play it.

T.R.S.M
May 29th, 2006, 07:34 AM
would you like any new trainers/heroes or anything sprite related lol
except pokemon overworlds.lol
om me f you would like to see some examples

Martin Yiu
May 30th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Maybe I'll need some sprites, so I'll tell you when.

Mr.Roserade
June 1st, 2006, 01:14 PM
Played the demo and wow!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!! Hope ya update soon

Spinach
June 1st, 2006, 03:20 PM
Um i downloaded your beta and i got my pokemon, fought gary, etc. Then i saw celbi which was awesome. Was celbi ever in g/s/c? Anyways i went back to my house an started walking toward viridian, i don't remeber if its still named that. But then
i talked to the cut guy and my gae froze.
I'm sorry if you already knew about that but the search dosent accept the word cut and i dont have time to read the whole thread.

But other then that this hack is awesome. Where'd you get the celbi sprite?

Christos
June 2nd, 2006, 12:30 AM
Celebi's overworlds sprites were in R/S/E/FR/LG.
Anyway can't wait to test the beta and see more screenies ;)

Martin Yiu
June 8th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Thanks everyone! More screenies soon, I promise!

Tsitsini
June 9th, 2006, 11:37 AM
The screenies are awesome, the beta too!
I can't wait to play the new beta!

Roxie Mika
June 10th, 2006, 04:37 AM
Celebi's overworlds sprites were in R/S/E/FR/LG.

Actually, they were only in FR/LG. Just thought I'd point that out...

~Kucheat

Brainpower
June 10th, 2006, 05:29 AM
I really like the celebi healing spote! :P

D_Force
June 21st, 2006, 12:10 PM
I played through your demo, really enjoyed it. Hope you continue with this game.

I found a couple of bugs while playing through:
If you talk to your cousin (John?) w/o any pokemon, game freezes when he gives you cut
In the warp cave thing, if you take right door after celebi, you freeze on you chair in your house.
By the way, if you need any more beta testers, just send a pm ;)

Martin Yiu
June 22nd, 2006, 05:50 AM
Okay, don't worry, I will continue this hack, and I want to introduce you new Pallet Forest! If you know how to solve problems with border blocks (not shown on screenshots), tell me. And I still need Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle big sprites. Okay?

So, here are the screenies:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/Fire_01-1.png

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/PFS.png

It looks more natural now, and what do YOU think?

Lord Mike
June 22nd, 2006, 06:32 AM
It looks awsome! I just need help downloading the IPS Patcher to play this. :\

Chris-h11
June 22nd, 2006, 07:13 AM
I think it looks awesome
Keep up the great work

Alistair
June 22nd, 2006, 07:00 PM
Sugimori, what type of border block problems are you having?

Vipershark
June 23rd, 2006, 09:47 AM
Okay, don't worry, I will continue this hack, and I want to introduce you new Pallet Forest! If you know how to solve problems with border blocks (not shown on screenshots), tell me. And I still need Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle big sprites. Okay?

So, here are the screenies:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/Fire_01-1.png

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/PFS.png

It looks more natural now, and what do YOU think?

Cool, you're doing Pallet Forest too. Sorry it's taking so long. I put it off for a while but I'll finish up soon.

Blaze Dragon
June 23rd, 2006, 12:26 PM
I played the demo. A little glitch I saw was when John (I think it was his name) gives you TM01, it says: (char. name) obtained TM01 from the John! A little grammar error, though

Martin Yiu
June 26th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Answers!!!

Blaze Dragon:
I am from eastern Europe, and I learn English in the school, and sometimes I make mistakes in grammar. I'll fix it, and when Beta 2 will be complete, I'll give it to you for revision, okay? And by the way, it is HM 01, not TM.

Hiccup:
I am not on my computer (I'm on grandma's), and I won't get on it this and next week. I'll show you later.

BIG UPDATE!

Hey, people, I started to make whole mapping over, leaving the concept same, but making them more natural looking, made new professor (her text is blue >_<, I think that's in script coding) and when I get scripts, I'll try to make alternate start. Prof.'s sprite is technically same as on the screenies, but with pallete change. And added more people. Now, when I don't need to make everything by myself, I can map up to Vermilion. Fully texted will be only Pallet (in beta 2).

Now some screenies with comments ;):

New nurse, eh? Just daycare.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_01.png

Daisy's house on the hill! And now you can get there ;)
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_02.png

Family with rival again?
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_03.png

Voice of nature... :D
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_04.png

Pallet Forest with (again) new design
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_05.png

Back to the other side of river...
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_06.png

Just left forest
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_07.png

In the town
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_08.png

Amachi
June 26th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Wow. Just wow.

But what happened to Oak? And if he is truly gone for good, how does that affect what pokemon Gary gets?

3. When I'll change intro and OAK's text, you'll understand.
Here, Gary isn't grandson of OAK. He's just poor kid who will get first POKéMON. BTW, I'll make him more friendly to main character.
And what are you planning on doing at Daisy's house hmmm?

Martin Yiu
June 26th, 2006, 05:18 AM
I know, bit chaotic, but you'll uderstand. I changed story (or rival's relationship to you) back to normal, but changed Prof. (now family). I'll try to explain it in intro. Now you just need to know that OAK retired. Gary will get Pokémon that will be easy to beat. Everything is changing and not all the text was changed. Don't worry, when the time comes, I'll explain ;). And at Daisy? Just friendly person who gives you town map and there will miraculously appear one person you will know really good, but bit older.
Have fun!

Mr.Roserade
June 26th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Do you have 2 remake alot of maps???? The new ones look great!! Are the fifth and sixth maps supposed to have little random floweres???

Martin Yiu
June 27th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I do whole new story, but I think that some maps (not on screens) need big improvement, but here are new screens of one cave, you'll see where,
and the next direction of cave will be blocked by rock smash boulders and when you get to the one special building (remember warp chambers?), you can get to half-destroyed Cinnabar. In thre first screen is half destroyed lab, half complete transformation of tileset (too lazy busy to complete it, you'll see ;))

Here are screens:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_09.png

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_10.png

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_11.png

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_12.png

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/matty2k6/NG_13.png

Oh, by the way, Oak wil explain what happened in the past 13 years, it's important for story, and the next thing, you will see whole new Cinnabar in dark because of ashes blocking the way to the sun.

Christos
June 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Great screenies Sugimori!

Martin Yiu
June 30th, 2006, 12:16 AM
...Hi!

I remade whole Cinnabar, but now I'm on the other computer, so I'll post screens later. Have fun with NG ;)

Red
June 30th, 2006, 12:23 AM
I played the beta and something is wrong. When you talk to john, he says, "here's CUT" and then it plays a healing sound effect and the game freezes. Also, in the same area, the girl there talks in a glitched out way and she also says "lost here some items". And it;s kind of strange Someone is shouting "TAKE YOUR POKEMON!" it would make for sense for him to say something like, "Your pokemon is the one on the desk right there." Or something on the lines of more polite or more non-barbaric/unintelligent sounding. It also says, "will you take your pokemon, normal pokemon eevee?"(what the heck? the starter is a level 15 eevee, but your rival gets a lv 5 caterpie...)
It's too short for me to say anything specifically defining about it... but good work thus far(besides the bugs, but I'm sure you're workin on it!)

charimon
June 30th, 2006, 01:30 AM
i got the same prob i got cut and bamn the game got stuck :(
but after i got my poke it did work
edit: when i talked 2 the dream eater guy i changed into him but still everything was the same accept the colors so it looked glichty, but when i entered a building it was gone ;)

Blackandy
June 30th, 2006, 04:01 AM
people the 1st beta is glitchy that's why he is re-dping all of it, Anyway good luck Sugimori can't wait for this awsome hack to come out:D

Martin Yiu
June 30th, 2006, 04:34 AM
...Hi!
Just beta testing participants have to use GLITCHY Beta 1. So if you use it, you just mess up your rom for glitches included.

Red
June 30th, 2006, 12:58 PM
We keep all the glitches, unless we delete the savefile and startover and delete the patched rom and repatch an original one.

Martin Yiu
July 10th, 2006, 03:50 AM
...Hi!

Just came to announce new screens which will be posted in the next week (when I get to my NG on the other computer (more progress)) and I want to tell that Cinnabar won't be same as in Johto, it will be an iceberg. Until screenshots showing, see ya! ;)

SephirothX
July 10th, 2006, 01:07 PM
This is a very interesting hack. Why are you taking the mountain place out of the final game? That's an awesome area! BTW. where did u get that song, and how did u get it to loop?

Martin Yiu
July 11th, 2006, 11:27 PM
...Hi!

People, this thread is too inactual, so I re-created it. Look to the Hacks showcase, or click the link in my sig. Please all post there, this one will be locked. And project isn't discontinued, don't worry.