PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon-Styled Digimon Sprite Gallery

RLan69
April 3rd, 2006, 12:05 PM
Hey, folks! Thisb is a showcase of my Digimon sprites I'm creating for my Digimon-themed Pokemon game, which you can view in the Plot/Story Development Sub-Forum in the Game Thread. For now, there are mainly Baby Digimon, with a few others scattered.

MegaFuz
April 3rd, 2006, 12:09 PM
Those look pretty good. :P A few of them could use some work on shading, and I suggest using a shade of gray on the "wing" looking thing instead of black on the second one from the left. I look forward to seeing some more evolved forms.

RLan69
April 3rd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Thanx a bunch! Since the max. amount of attachments was five, and I didn't wanna clutter my imageshack account with singular sprites, I have a few more to dole out! As for Yuramon, I'll try to fix it as best I can!

EDIT: I may wanna make the first four a bit bigger, since now that I look at them, they're scads smaller than the ones above. For those who aren't familiar, these are the baby forms for Terriermon, Lopmon, Renamon, Guilmon & Guardromon/Andromon.

Jasmine's #1 fan
April 3rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
It looks like you did the latests one in a hurry

Kurosaki Ichigo
April 3rd, 2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah he did ^_~, cuz we keep discussing about this thing on AIM xD.

RLan69
April 3rd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Actually, I don't think they were, I just think I made them way too small...I can remedy that and get it fixed by tomorrow.

RLan69
April 5th, 2006, 10:27 AM
I REALLY hate to double post, but I realized that if you try to edit a message, you can't attach anything afterward...so I decided to attach a few more digis to this post!

Kroko_Boy
April 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Do you do requests if you do can i have a Greymon please?

RLan69
April 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I'll do one or two requests, since luckily, I have off next week for spring break! I'll get Greymon up by tomorrow if possible! Anywhere, here's some more digis!

Shiny_golem
April 6th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Wow, those are very cute! Very well done!

And, would you mind doing a Flamedramon? =) Thanks in advance.

RLan69
April 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
OK, I got Greymon & Flamedramon as requests so far. I'll try and get Koromon, Veemon, and Agumon done along with them!

Shiny_golem
April 6th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks so much! They're all so cute...

RLan69
April 6th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I appreciate that. If you'd all like to check the basic schematics of the game, check the thread in the plot/story development forum!

Silverwing
April 6th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Those are cute! <3 I really like em! My scratch sprites are horrible. XD

Erm, but if you start doing requests, won't it be considered a "shop"?

RLan69
April 6th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Oh...you're right. Well, I am going to do just about every feasible digimon, I just need some ideas to start with. Think of it not as a shop, but as an "inspiration pool" and a gallery...

RLan69
April 7th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Again, I apologize for the double post, but I have finished Greymon & Flamedramon! Comments are welcome!!!

Evil Ducky
April 7th, 2006, 07:09 PM
hello. i was wondering if someone could direct me to the spriting forum(s)? i cant seem to find it. or am i there? is this it?

Klippy
April 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM
^^That was spam, this is the Sprite Forum. Did you even read the title of the forum?? My God. READ!

Okay, the flamedramon is a little skinny and they Greymon's shading is good. I'd give both of them a....9/10, because you did them from scratch it looks like.

Evil Ducky
April 7th, 2006, 07:32 PM
^^That was spam, this is the Sprite Forum. Did you even read the title of the forum?? My God. READ!

Okay, the flamedramon is a little skinny and they Greymon's shading is good. I'd give both of them a....9/10, because you did them from scratch it looks like.
SO-rry! geez! yah, so im kinda new! give me a break! (give me a break of that kitkat bar!) were and how can i post an image?

Klippy
April 7th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Quit asking stupid questions, read the freaking rules.

Shiny_golem
April 8th, 2006, 03:30 AM
I'm not gonna comment on the spam...

But I will comment on the sprites!

The poses are cool! The shading on Greymon is great, and the coloring on Flamedramon is really nice. The only thing that I would say is that there's something awkward about the way Greymon's right (our left) leg sticks out...it's not a big deal, though, so great job!!

Oh, and I checked out your plot and stuff, sounds good!

Jedite1000
April 8th, 2006, 07:06 PM
there awsome i dont want to request because no shops aloud but i would like to see myotismon, would that be too hard to do?

RLan69
April 9th, 2006, 05:33 AM
No problem! After I get a few more sprites done, I'll post a Kiwimon sprite I did. Myotismon's not a problem! I could prolly just edit a Lance pose a little bit and scratch sprite the face and outfit. He'll show up soon!

Kurosaki Ichigo
April 9th, 2006, 05:42 AM
If your that good, why exactly do you need me to make trainer sprites.....

RLan69
April 9th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I dunno...I guess I never tried making trainer sprites...

Chibi Pika
April 9th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Fwee, Greymon and Flamedramon! I don't like Digimon, but those two are actually my favorites! Nice work on all of them.

~Chibi~

Kroko_Boy
April 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Again, I apologize for the double post, but I have finished Greymon & Flamedramon! Comments are welcome!!!
Wow!Those RUUULE!!!!Thanks!

RLan69
April 9th, 2006, 03:41 PM
More sprites, folks! As for the Myotismon, I'm trying to tinker with trainer sprites to make it easier (since facial features are hard to do on Pokemon sprites)...

Kecleon_
April 9th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I like the Kiwimon! That's one of my favorite Digimon.

Greymon's left foot looks a little awkward to me, like he's missing the heel. Flamedramon looks like his head is melted into his chest plate a bit. I'm willing to let that go though since it's so small. Both of those digimon seem to have strange tails... Greymon's sort of looks like it went through a blender and Flamedramon's is a bit too long. I think you should smoothe out Greymon's tail a bit and shorten Flamedramon's tail.
One more thing about Greymon that bugs me is his claws. They shouldn't be outlined in complete black. It makes them stand out too much.
Otherwise, I really like Greymon and Flamedramon.

By the way, I think you forgot the ears on Renamon's prevolution.

I think these look really nice, I can't wait to see more! ^^

RLan69
April 9th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Actually, that's her baby form. You were prolly thinking of her in-training form, Viximon, which I haven't done yet. But thatnx for the criticism!

Xiaphear
April 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM
original idea and great sprites
( there some good scratch work)

9/10

RLan69
April 11th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Thanx a bunch, guys! If you're big fans, join the Digimon Club in the Other FanClub forum!

MegaFuz
April 11th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Great work, man. It's phenomenal to see other good scratch spriters around PC!! You are honestly one of the best spriters I've seen around here. And it's good to see you trying the more advanced forms. I was a little skeptical when all I say was the baby forms at first, but you hold your own on the harder sprites. Some of the anatomies are a little off, but you'll get better with practice. I'm not a big DigiMon fan, so it would be interesting to see you trying some FakeMon at some point. Keep up the awesome work!!

RLan69
April 11th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I appreciate each and every one of your comments! I have a notice for you all:
Digimon Fans Gather! I need 4 true-hearted digimon fans that would be willing to put themselves into a manga I'm drawing & writing, a Digimon "season" much like the show, but with its own toots and whistles to separate it from the rest! If anybody would like to be in it, PM me! Be aware that you may wanna make your own Digimon partner, or already have one created in the back of your mind. However, if troubled on that, I or the other 3 that agreed for the comic would be happy to help with the creation process!
BTW, it's NOT based on season 4. It's good old season 01 style goodness!