PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoes?!

Freenaturearts
April 3rd, 2006, 08:09 PM
O.O Dang last night storms just barly missed us and we had only some thunder and hail in parts, along with 60MPH gusts, but is everyone els alright in the chicago/indiana area? I heard there was a F4 somewhere down south of my place and that we hit the record for tornadoes, high winds, hail and lighting in these two states history!

Last night between the times of 6Pm to 12PM CST, we had:

68 tornadoes
340+ casses of high wind damage and micro bursts( aka Mini tornadoes)
310 casses of hail from the size of a dime to a golfball and bigger
over 5" of rain in some areas under two hours
And over 3000 Lightning strikes in 20 minutes!!!

I just want to be sure everyones okay, one of my mom's friends actualy felt the house MOVE with her in it , and another was wrecked. I hope you guys are okay, let me know even if I dont know you, this IS a highly tornatic month after all being the biggest time for those of Chicago and indiana to see them. I'm in near the lake and the closest that can hit me is a medium F1 or low F2 and rarly even that, but just 50 Miles south of me is the most danger for it's the heartland of Tornadoe ally. Let me know, please.

These are photos by some very brave people down south from last night into the afternoon, just to show why I made this most of all.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Pcoekaki/T1.png
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Pcoekaki/t2.png
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Pcoekaki/t3.png
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Pcoekaki/T5.png
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/Pcoekaki/T6.png

I'll post some more when I find them, those who want to see the whole photo elbum, log onto NBC5.com, Or use Cbs's weatherbug..

EmeraldSky
April 4th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Nice pix...we had something like this in our area last month...it was dangerously close to my town too

Sammi
April 4th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Holy crap @_@ It sounded really dangerous, and all of that strange weather... At least you're fine though ^^;
I've never seen hail that big.

I think the craziest weather I saw was in Kansas -- we had a tornado in the end of November o_O Then, the next day, it snowed. XD

Crystal Clair
April 4th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Wow! Today's very windy but nothing compared to a tornado! In fact we've only had one tornado recorded in this county and it was a very small one.
Awesome pics

wakachamo
April 4th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Holy swee Jesus, may he help you all @_<

Those are one of a kind, big, big storms.

Freenaturearts
April 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM
O.o I dont consider the pic'sool, but thanks XD I didint take them though so I will get the comments to there rightful owners when I find ther Screenames and email adresses.

It was actualy one huge storm, found out after watching the dopler of april-2nd that it was one Red long line of storms going threw 8 states. Kansas always has tornadoes, there the heartland of tornadoe ally and know for holding the record of the bigest tornado in the middle West =D .Heck , over there if you want to you could see F1's crossing the plains every day without fail in summer time ^^ they take it as more of a torist atraction though, at least thats what what I hear from my friends down there.
And I've seen hail nearly that big when I was in chicago and a Micro burst threw the whole place for a loop X_x, chicago never has tornadoes anymore though so it was more fun then scary for me XD.

However here in indiana and just 50 miles south of my home X_x we also have the record for the widest F4 tornadoe.. Thankfuly I'm so close to the lake I just get big garden showers and some low lighting cells, specialy that night, it didint hit us till it was weakening in the north, and we where in a green line between the storm when it finaly broke up.But just to the south we where very close to some larger F2's and one known F3 due to the dammage radios, if lugia was alive he really was busy that night XD.

And where do ya live CC?
Here in Gary/Marillville there has only been about 4 tornadoes in it's whole history Oo; but I guess in a way we still have a chance of getting hit, worlds turning the other way soon anyway XD.But we should be okay with being planted in the middle of a forest =3

thanks again guys for letting me know your okay, hope others who live in the 8 states let me know soon O-o,I'm not the only indiana gal here XD!

Pokedragonfire
April 4th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, it was really windy yesterday. I thought the power might go out, but it didn't. There was a tornado watch but that's all.

Chase Leader
April 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I live at the very edge of Tornado Ally up here in Minnesota, but thankfully I live in a Vally town, so if we get a Tornado its gonna be huge...but mostly we just get funnel clouds or what not...lots of Tornado Warnings and Watches...its actually quite fun...because even when that happens its very humid and everyones out watching the lighting and stuff.

Emma
April 11th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Wow, that's one heck of a tornado, I too hope that everyone is okay if they were near on in the area the Tornado took place.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 11th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Man, what a tornado, there isn't tornadoes in Norway "YEAHW"

Lightning Scott
April 11th, 2006, 07:27 AM
wow that is one big storm the hailstones are so big they don't look real, luckly In the UK we have none of that stuff at all.