PDA

View Full Version : Current TCG Modifed Format list.

MegaDitto
April 4th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks to donavannj for the current list.

Here's the 2011-2012 format as well as the format for Worlds and many Nationals and Battle Roads:

HeartGold SoulSilver
HGSS Unleashed
HGSS Undaunted
HGSS Triumphant
Call of Legends
Black & White
Black Star Promos numbered HGSS01 and higher
Black Star Promos numbered BW001 and higher

Gokey Shuckle
April 4th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Wow! The first stickied thread in this section!!!

Charaxes
April 4th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Surprised the European version have the older sets but they are notorious for getting them later. The major shocker of this is Hidden Legends is still being used considering that is an early enough 04 set.

That was one of the better sets for deck mechanics, once that goes...

Of course, I am out of date.

Forci Stikane
April 5th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I am WAY, WAY out of date, still stuck on Gym & Neo cards...

But then again, I sadly have no one to play with:(......

I'm glad though...that means this list doesn't apply to me!! YES!!!!!!

KKN
April 30th, 2006, 03:40 PM
I've been collecting the cards since they've came out- so my best cards, naturally, are older ones that are not tournament legal. I just asume to play using an unlimited deck containing old and new cards- I've never been to a Pokemon Tournament, but as soon as I get a legal deck built, I plan on attending them.

MegaDitto
September 25th, 2006, 12:04 PM
A new list should be be out by now. x_x;

I may need to update this.

Jaimes
September 26th, 2006, 03:26 PM
A new list was out almost 4 months ago... =/

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/tournaments/pdfs/2006-2007_Modified_format.pdf#search=%22pokemon%20modified%20POP%22

MegaDitto
September 26th, 2006, 03:51 PM
I'm a late person.

Hehe , *is a loser*

once in a blue mew
June 7th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Credit to Cipher DSX for the 2007 list.

Shi* I have to up-date my fuk*in' deck... again!

Geometric-sama
June 7th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Bah, no more Holon engine. It's good and bad, I guess... hopefully I can sell off my engine before season's out. I'm running Flyqueen at the moment and apparently it works well with Scottaway too, so we'll see~

&@above poster: no censor bypassing :(

Morkula
June 8th, 2007, 07:15 AM
You've been warned for censor bypassing before, once in a blue mew. Now you're doing it again. This is your second warning. One more and you get a temporary ban.

once in a blue mew
June 8th, 2007, 04:21 PM
You've been warned for censor bypassing before, once in a blue mew. Now you're doing it again. This is your second warning. One more and you get a temporary ban.

Sorry about that :/ I finally updated my deck, it took me a while to choose the cards :P

Jaimes
July 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
EDIT: Delete that, I dont read XD

Cipher 2008
July 6th, 2007, 02:29 PM
...Uh, the first post was updated with this a month ago.

Cipher 2008
October 2nd, 2007, 02:03 AM
The latest list is this:

EX Holon Phantoms
EX Crystal Guardians
EX Dragon Frontiers
EX Power Keepers
Diamond & Pearl
Diamond & Pearl - Mysterious Treasures
Diamond & Pearl - Secret Wonders
Diamond & Pearl - Great Encounters
Diamond & Pearl Trainer Kit
POP Series 4 Promo Cards
POP Series 5 Promo Cards
POP Series 6 Promo Cards
All Black Star Promo Cards numbered 037-040 and DP01 & higher

In addition, future Pokémon USA, Inc., releases will become legal as they are released, per the Pokémon Organized Play Tournament Rules.

With the exception of basic Energy cards and previously printed cards that appear in Modified-legal sets, players may not use cards from Pokémon sets prior to EX Holon Phantoms. Players using previously printed cards that appear in Modified-legal sets must play those cards using the wording of the most recent printing of the card. New sets are allowed as soon as the product has been released in that rating zone. In events that include multiple rating zones, such as the Pokémon TCG World Championships, the format of the United States will be used.

There are currently no cards banned in the Modified format.

sonicyellow
April 3rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
Whats with blue mew's sig?

Gamethief19
June 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
this means that i cant use my delta species dragonites anymore! that stinks. those things rock

Cipher 2008
June 18th, 2008, 12:10 AM
NEW MODIFIED FORMAT ANNOUNCED
Effective: September 1st, 2008

In the interest of maintaining a healthy tournament environment, Pokémon Organized Play removes older sets from the Modified format at the beginning of each new tournament season. Each rotation challenges existing players to create new strategies while allowing new players to get into organized play with a minimum investment.

Cards from the following sets are legal in the Modified Format (Diamond & Pearl onwards):

Diamond & Pearl
Diamond & Pearl - Mysterious Treasures
Diamond & Pearl - Secret Wonders
Diamond & Pearl - Great Encounters
Diamond & Pearl - Majestic Dawn
Diamond & Pearl - Legends Awakened
Diamond & Pearl Trainer Kit
POP Series 6 Promo Cards
POP Series 7 Promo Cards
All Black Star Promo Cards numbered DP01 & higher

Remember, this is not effective until September 1st. The 2008 US National Championships and 2008 World Championships will both use the Modified Format (EX Holon Phantoms and onwards).

Gamethief19
June 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM
so does that mean that EX HP is still usable?

Cipher 2008
June 18th, 2008, 07:29 AM
so does that mean that EX HP is still usable?

Yes, until (but not including) September 1st. I'll also make a list of what will be deemed unusable as of that date:

EX Holon Phantoms
EX Crystal Guardians
EX Dragon Frontiers
EX Power Keepers
POP Series 4 Promo Cards
POP Series 5 Promo Cards
Black Star Promos 037-040

Hope that helps everyone a little more.

chezhead
July 29th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I'm very upset about this. It's basically a "Hey buy more cards!" thing. I have a great deck with loads of different cards in it, some ranging back to the first sets, others are right up there in the diamond and pearl. I will be using this deck in casual games, but still...

EDIT: Woah. Old. I didn't see the year.

Still, I'm not happy about this.

MagmaGrowth876
August 1st, 2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, It's really retarded. The people I talk to INSIST it's to keep the format fresh, but everybody knows it's BS. There's definately a ploy to make people buy more cards, and it also makes people keep having to change their decks. Don't get me wrong, change is good, and it's also good to mix it up. But it's not good if you're building a deck around a specific card and that card happens to get rotated out before you ever have a chance to see it shine to it's full potential. I should know. It's happened to me twice, and both of those decks are now reserved for casual play.

donavannj
August 2nd, 2010, 05:25 AM
Yeah, It's really retarded. The people I talk to INSIST it's to keep the format fresh, but everybody knows it's BS. There's definately a ploy to make people buy more cards, and it also makes people keep having to change their decks. Don't get me wrong, change is good, and it's also good to mix it up. But it's not good if you're building a deck around a specific card and that card happens to get rotated out before you ever have a chance to see it shine to it's full potential. I should know. It's happened to me twice, and both of those decks are now reserved for casual play.

It's both to keep the format fresh AND to keep people buying cards. They wouldn't be making nearly as much money if they didn't phase cards out every year, though it should be worth noting that there was no rotation of any sets in 2009. And if they aren't making as much money off of it, there's less incentive for them to keep running Organized Play events. Simple as that, really.

Raikou Trainer
August 2nd, 2010, 07:11 PM
This thread really needs to be updated. Here's the list I posted a few months ago here. (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=221151)

New changes have been made to the Modified format for Organized Play tournaments.

In the interest of maintaining a healthy tournament environment, Pokémon Organized Play removes older sets from the Modified format at the beginning of each new tournament season. Each rotation challenges existing players to create new strategies while enabling new players to get into Organized Play with a minimal investment.

Last year we announced that our goal was to have a Modified format that starts with 9 regular sets at the beginning of the season and ends the season with about 13 regular sets. Now that we have achieved that goal, we will continue to rotate sets each year to ensure that our Organized Play environment remains healthy and vital moving forward.

The Modified format for the 2010-2011 season will consist of the following sets:

Diamond & Pearl—Majestic Dawn
Diamond & Pearl—Legends Awakened
Diamond & Pearl—Stormfront
Platinum
Platinum—Rising Rivals
Platinum—Supreme Victors
Platinum—Arceus
Rumble
HeartGold & SoulSilver
HS—Unleashed
HS Trainer Kit
Black Star Promo Cards numbered DP22 and higher and Black Star Promo Cards numbered HGSS01 and higher.

In addition, future Pokémon TCG sets will become legal as they are released, per the Pokémon Organized Play Tournament Rules.I still stand by my disapproval of the new format, BTW.

Rocket_Executive
December 30th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I think the rotations should promote change more than anything, sure they make money off of new cards but you can't blame a business for acting like a business. The only thing I disliked about the most recent rotation was that it didn't allow for much change in terms of what's popular, it's still mostly SP, gyarados, and machamp just like before. However, if they do have a mid-season rotation like some are speculating, then it would make sense for them to not change up the format too much when they were just planning to change it a few months later.

edit: sorry didn't realize this was so old :\