PDA

View Full Version : Warp Pipe, online GameCube???

DarkMage31
March 31st, 2004, 01:01 PM
I am really hyped about the upcoming release of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. However, the multiplayer is supposed to be online. I know this'll be for the PC, PS2, and Xbox, but what about the GC?

And how does Warp Pipe fit in to all this?

Latios184
April 1st, 2004, 12:44 PM
What's Warp Pipe? .....GC has a broadband modem that has no use whatsoever.... Much...

Shadow
April 1st, 2004, 12:47 PM
Warp Pipe was a program made whehn Kirby Air RIde came out and it allows you to play on the internet. Last I heard of them was before Mario Kart: Double Dash!! came out in America and they were working on Warp Pipe for the Japanese version.

Kairi
April 1st, 2004, 12:55 PM
http://www.warppipe.com/
It's pretty good I hear. I haven't used it, but it's worth checking out.

Kyosuke
April 1st, 2004, 01:01 PM
Hmm... interesting the only real game where its online is Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2, and now 3, I had no idea that Kirby's Air Ride was also online enabled.

Kairi
April 1st, 2004, 01:06 PM
They aren't online enabled per se, this software lets you tunnel through a router to get online. It works on games that have a LAN feature. ^_^

Kyosuke
April 1st, 2004, 01:12 PM
Oh I see now, its still interesting to know that Nintendo and its develpers is trying something to get online ^^.

DarkMage31
April 1st, 2004, 02:18 PM
Think Clancey's Splinter Cell: PT will be "online enabled?"

Kairi
April 1st, 2004, 02:45 PM
Oh I see now, its still interesting to know that Nintendo and its develpers is trying something to get online ^^.
Actually this is an independent group making this software. It's quite amazing all they have done. ^_^

Kyosuke
April 1st, 2004, 02:57 PM
Actually this is an independent group making this software. It's quite amazing all they have done. ^_^

Oh I see now.... again ^^. I really do hope more online compatible Gamecube games will be made, if there was someway to make Pokemon Colosseum online (without hacked pokemon being used and cheating), the first person I would want to face would be you Kairi :P.

Think Clancey's Splinter Cell: PT will be "online enabled?"

I highly doubt it, so far all the online games that were for the three next gen consoles don't have any online capibilities with Gamecube, but of course anything can happen.