PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Chit-Chat

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Natsuki
April 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Well, we're going to start anew with the Pokemon Chit-Chat thread. ^^ Here, you can talk about anything Pokemon-related. Please abide by The PokeCommunity Rules (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54097) as well as the Pokemon General Rules (http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57639). Let's keep the conversations clean everyone - commence with the Pokechatting~! X3

~Kelsey

NOTE: This thread is not to be used to ask things like "What's a good moveset for my Ruby team?" or other such questions. Those belong in their respective forums for the Pokemon video games (i.e. - the "Simple Questions" threads). This thread is simply for general discussions on the wonderful world of Pokemon~ =)

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, let's get a new topic going.

How many of you like Nintendo adding a lot of baby pokemon this time around for the 4th generation.

>> Second post. Woohoo.

aragornbird
April 9th, 2006, 01:45 PM
~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Coolness, a new Pokemon CC?

Anyways, I have to say that Nintendo should stop making new baby Pokemon. A lot of the Pokemon need Evolutions, not Preevolutions. Mantine, Sudowoodo, Mr. Mime – they’re rather weak compared to other Pokemon. If they got evolutions, more people would use them since they’ll be stronger. Preevolutions don’t help. Unless, the babies learned some cool attack that the parents can’t learn. Calm Mind Mantine, anyone? But this is unlikely.

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Some baby pokemon get extra moves ;x

Anyways, I hate them. Evolutions of current pokemon rock, baby pokemon don't. They're just useless...way too cute...and useless.

*eStabs them all*

Sylphiel
April 9th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I actually don't really like any of the new baby pokemon (or most baby pokemon in general, really. I'm just not fond of most of the designs), so I dislike the fact that we've gotten a bunch of new babies. I'd rather have more evolutions, if nothing else. x.x I have no use for babies other than to get them into my pokedex.

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Tamanta <3

That's the only good one.

JX Valentine
April 9th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Anyways, I have to say that Nintendo should stop making new baby Pokemon. A lot of the Pokemon need Evolutions, not Preevolutions.

Agreed. Even digging back further with the baby Pokemon that have been introduced in GSC and RS, it feels a bit pointless. I mean, sure, it was cute for a little while after GSC was released, but slowly, I think it got old. That and it just feels like it's an attempt by Game Freak to get some player interest in Pokemon that many of us, quite frankly, don't care about to begin with. Seriously, by a show of hands, who really remembered Mantine existed before Tamanta came out?

As for the moves, I just don't see why they can't just add on moves to the movepools of Pokemon, rather than create baby Pokemon that can pass those moves on, if that makes any sense. After all, it's not like movepools have never been changed before, what with the constant altering of what level a Pokemon is at when it learns a certain move. (For example: Vulpix with Fire Spin.)

So, let's see. What are we up to by now? Four baby Pokemon so far, bringing the number at roughly half of all of the revealed Pokemon thus far?

All I have to say, then, is the next revealed Pokemon had better be a brand-new one and not a baby, or I'll have to sacrifice a Pichu to Ho-oh.

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Mantine isn't bad in the meta game, besides having a double weakness to electric =/ But so did gyrados.

aragornbird
April 9th, 2006, 05:19 PM

But Mantine has a bad movepool while Gyarados could learn a ton of moves. And compared to all the better Water types out there, Mantine just doesn’t cut it.

I also fear a baby Skarmory, since Skarm is Mantine’s counterpart.

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Oh, I thought mantine was a decent pokemon =/

All the cool looking ones end up sucking. Araidos = <3 yet it sucks.

aragornbird
April 9th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Totally. And Murkrow and Farfetch’d are awesome birds, but they got gypped. =\

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I'd really like Diamond and Pearl to switch up the worth of a lot of pokemon. Maybe put the limelight on some of the more obscure ones, while taking usefulness away from the usual pokemon?

Naminé
April 9th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Baby Pokemon is cute though... make them for the cuteness. Don't you just want to have a plushie of baby Mantine?

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Baby Pokemon is cute though... make them for the cuteness. Don't you just want to have a plushie of baby Mantine?
Merchandise of baby pokemon may make good profits with girls, but I don't want useless pokemon.

And cute doesn't cut it with me.

aragornbird
April 9th, 2006, 06:37 PM

Yeah, Nintendo has to realize that lots of older teens play Pokemon too.

Iron Mankey
April 9th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Merchandise of baby pokemon may make good profits with girls, but I don't want useless pokemon.

True. Cute does not make it worth putting in the game. I wouldn't really mind having some baby Pokemon around, but evolutions would be much better. The only baby Pokemon I found actually useful was Tyrogue, since then you can get all the Hitmons.

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Some kid told me pokemon was g-a-y on my MySpace. [I have my picture in a Pokemon card]

And I was like "blah to you =P"

But the fact is, the game is completely appropriate for teens.

Iron Mankey
April 9th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Then let us broil that kid with Charizards.

MegaDitto
April 9th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Some kid told me pokemon was g-a-y on my MySpace. [I have my picture in a Pokemon card]

And I was like "blah to you =P"

You can't say that ;D

I saw that pic. Wasn't it the Shiftry pic? I would have done the sandstorm picture instead.

Naminé
April 9th, 2006, 06:47 PM

Not really too fitting though... the plot is beyond terrible. I know that Pokemon game doesn't really focus on the concept of "plot" so much, but seeing how they tried with Team Magma/Team Aqua and the gamecube games, it's safe to say that Pokemon and "good plot" are not fitting with each other.

Compare true "teen games" like Kingdom Heart series... I think it's rather obvious what's wrong with Pokemon and why it's a kids' game, and it merits the title of "kids' game" rightfully so.

pokejungle
April 9th, 2006, 06:49 PM
You can't say that ;D

I saw that pic. Wasn't it the Shiftry pic? I would have done the sandstorm picture instead.
Grass > Ground

So nyah. I don't like the sand one.

JX Valentine
April 9th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I'd hate to go back on the subject, but...

Mantine isn't bad in the meta game, besides having a double weakness to electric =/ But so did gyrados.

Based on personal observation, it was still fairly forgotten compared to other Pokemon, especially -- for one reason or another -- Milotic. (Which is kinda funny because Mantine actually has better stats for its purpose than Milotic anyway.) In fact, I haven't seen a team involving Mantine for quite awhile. Maybe it's just been the server and boards I've been visiting.

aragornbird
April 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Not really too fitting though... the plot is beyond terrible. I know that Pokemon game doesn't really focus on the concept of "plot" so much, but seeing how they tried with Team Magma/Team Aqua and the gamecube games, it's safe to say that Pokemon and "good plot" are not fitting with each other.

Compare true "teen games" like Kingdom Heart series... I think it's rather obvious what's wrong with Pokemon and why it's a kids' game, and it merits the title of "kids' game" rightfully so.

Plotwise, I couldn’t care less. What older players like about Pokemon is the battling (especially competitive battling). There’s so much involved in battling that little kids can’t grasp, like the element of prediction, team roles, and all the invisible stats involved like EVs, IVs, damage calculations etc.

Natsuki
April 10th, 2006, 07:09 AM

Plotwise, I couldn’t care less. What older players like about Pokemon is the battling (especially competitive battling). There’s so much involved in battling that little kids can’t grasp, like the element of prediction, team roles, and all the invisible stats involved like EVs, IVs, damage calculations etc.

I agree with Birdy on this one. In fact, I think the games were actually directed a little more towards older kids because of the strategic value, whereas the anime and movies were made more with younger kids in mind. Of course either age group could be involved in the games and the series of they want, I'm just saying~ 8D

~Kelsey

Smarties-chan
April 10th, 2006, 08:19 AM
In my opinion, the Pokémon games are suitable for people of all ages. Just playing through the game can be more than a challenge to those who don't know anything about EVs, IVs, movesets etc, while for those who do, the games rarely prove to be a challenge. Playing the game through like this is really no problem once you get the hang of EVs, movesets etc. And that's why we have competitive battling, where you can match up with someone of your skill level (I had no such luck untill very recently though. I have a couple of friends who used to play Pokémon, but they were both completely horrible. I remember my friend bragging with his Gyarados with Thunder, Fire Blast, Blizzard and Hyper Beam x_x Good thing I now have my brother to compete with).

The games can atleast prove to be somehow challenging for anyone as long as you use the right Pokémon though. Let's say you have a fully EV trained team with a perfect team set up, the best movesets and the strongest OU Pokémon (even though many UUs, like Cradily, for example, can easily defeat many standard OU Pokémon.) and you're a player who knows how to use them. The games won't be much of a challenge now, will they? But let's start a new game and make a team with the Pokémon Mantine, Murkrow, Wigglytuff and equally unerdused Pokémon (I'm not saying any of these would be bad Pokémon if used correctly. Most Pokémon with atleast decent movepools can be surprisingly useful. How often do you see a Sharpedo, for example? I thought so, but it's still a perfect CBer and Heracross counter, it easily ohKOs Heracross with Hidden Power flying, and even if it was an endure/reversal Heracross Sharpedo's Rough Skin would take care of it). This would prove to be at least slightly more challenging, nay? It's all about wether you want it to be challenging or wether you just want to kick every trainer's butt efortlessly.

Emma
April 10th, 2006, 08:42 AM
In my opinion, the Pokémon games are suitable for people of all ages. Just playing through the game can be more than a challenge to those who don't know anything about EVs, IVs, movesets etc, while for those who do, the games rarely prove to be a challenge. Playing the game through like this is really no problem once you get the hang of EVs, movesets etc. And that's why we have competitive battling, where you can match up with someone of your skill level (I had no such luck untill very recently though. I have a couple of friends who used to play Pokémon, but they were both completely horrible. I remember my friend bragging with his Gyarados with Thunder, Fire Blast, Blizzard and Hyper Beam x_x Good thing I now have my brother to compete with).

The games can atleast prove to be somehow challenging for anyone as long as you use the right Pokémon though. Let's say you have a fully EV trained team with a perfect team set up, the best movesets and the strongest OU Pokémon (even though many UUs, like Cradily, for example, can easily defeat many standard OU Pokémon.) and you're a player who knows how to use them. The games won't be much of a challenge now, will they? But let's start a new game and make a team with the Pokémon Mantine, Murkrow, Wigglytuff and equally unerdused Pokémon (I'm not saying any of these would be bad Pokémon if used correctly. Most Pokémon with atleast decent movepools can be surprisingly useful. How often do you see a Sharpedo, for example? I thought so, but it's still a perfect CBer and Heracross counter, it easily ohKOs Heracross with Hidden Power flying, and even if it was an endure/reversal Heracross Sharpedo's Rough Skin would take care of it). This would prove to be at least slightly more challenging, nay? It's all about wether you want it to be challenging or wether you just want to kick every trainer's butt efortlessly.

I agree, people will enjoy the Game both ways, Even though Challenging, young children would enjoy it, And when learning new things about battling, Movesets etc.. Older players will also enjoy the game.

So either ways, The games are for everyone xD

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 10th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Here's a question. How do you get all pokemon on leafgreen? How do i link them over from the other games. I don't understand how:s This are bothering me....

pokejungle
April 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
You just use the wireless adapter to trade between FireRed and Emerald, and the link cable for Ruby/Sapphire...

Not too difficult :<

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 10th, 2006, 01:05 PM
You just use the wireless adapter to trade between FireRed and Emerald, and the link cable for Ruby/Sapphire...

Not too difficult :<

AH, but is it just from emerald? Can you not link from crystal, silver or gold?

Natsuki
April 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM
AH, but is it just from emerald? Can you not link from crystal, silver or gold?

I'm pretty sure that you trade between R/S and G/S/C, then you can trade between R/S and FR/LG. I could be totally wrong though, as I've never done it myself. XD

~Kelsey

pokejungle
April 10th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Nope, it's only compatible with the GBA version games.

Kelsey, of course you can't do that o___o;; The hardware isn't compatible between the GBC and GBA, and the games aren't either. .-.;

Natsuki
April 10th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Nope, it's only compatible with the GBA version games.

Kelsey, of course you can't do that o___o;; The hardware isn't compatible between the GBC and GBA, and the games aren't either. .-.;

Oh...well then ignore me please. XD; I haven't played those games in so long I forgot what's compatible and what's not. XD

~Kelsey

pokejungle
April 10th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Oh...well then ignore me please. XD; I haven't played those games in so long I forgot what's compatible and what's not. XD

~Kelsey
So nice to hand out advice then ;P

The GB and GBC games were compatible, the hardware was similiar enought. But not between the GB/GBC and the GBA.

Pearl and Diamond will most likely be compatible with the Advance generation though.

aragornbird
April 10th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Hi Raichu! =D

Yes, D/P should be compatible with Advance through wireless. Good thing too, I've worked hard on my team.

pokejungle
April 10th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Not through wireless o_o;;

I'm thinking through the DS's GBA slot. Like how Pokemon Dash got the custom tracks. The DS's LAN is different than the wireless adapter for the GBA.

aragornbird
April 10th, 2006, 05:07 PM

Is that so? I wouldn’t know, I don’t have a DS at all. I’ll need to get one to play D/P.

pokejungle
April 10th, 2006, 05:48 PM
DS owns all other portables.

It's teh coolest 8D I can't wait for the first online Pokemon game~

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 11th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Hi aragornbird=) I think it should been possible to link from silver/gold/crystal with lg and fr. I can't get all pokemon cuase i don't have emerald, that sucks

blissful_nature
April 11th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Same here Paul. I can't wait until Pokemon Diamond/Pearl comes out (with its wi-fi feautures and all)! Been waiting for months (ever since July2005).

brotlov
April 11th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Me too, I can't wait to see all the new types of Pokemon, and it's Wi-Fi feature's going to rule.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 11th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl? Tell me about it!!!

pokejungle
April 12th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Glad I'm not the only one excited here =3

The baby pokemon problem is still nagging me though @_@;

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
April 12th, 2006, 01:44 PM
If they make any more pre evo's I am going to explode:knockedou

:t003:Dark Venusaur

pokejungle
April 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
If they make any more pre evo's I am going to explode:knockedou

I kinda agree ;x

It reminds me of the G/S/C era.

Trikip
April 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Ew. Gross. I don't like pre-evos because they are extremely useless. Very cute, though. ^_^

pokejungle
April 12th, 2006, 04:17 PM
XD

I never like pokemon for their cuteness. Their killerness is more my style >3

aragornbird
April 12th, 2006, 04:45 PM

All this time and they still haven't made the baby Kangaskan. That's the only pre-evo that would actually make sense because a newborn Kangaskhan with a baby already in it's pouch...well, that's just wrong. =\

Ninetales
April 12th, 2006, 04:51 PM
It makes me wonder how many new Pokemon are in D/P... So far we discovered almost ten, but I wonder how many there really are...

Out of those Pokemon, my favorite is Manafi so far--and extremely close behind is Manene.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 13th, 2006, 03:43 AM
XD

I never like pokemon for their cuteness. Their killerness is more my style >3

I can't say i agree 100% but maybe 70%. Pokemon would'v been a different game if it wasn't for the cute pokemons too. They kind of bring some happiness into the game/serie

April 13th, 2006, 05:45 AM

All this time and they still haven't made the baby Kangaskan. That's the only pre-evo that would actually make sense because a newborn Kangaskhan with a baby already in it's pouch...well, that's just wrong. =\

I know what you mean. I kind of figured that they will make that a Pokemon in the GSC series of Pokemon. But no they made a stupid pre evo of Pichu, Cleffa, Magby, Elekid, Igglybuff, and Smoochum and they should of done the baby Kangaskhan first.

Naminé
April 13th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Cuteness in Pokemon brings out the innocense and cheerful nature of the Pokemon series, which is probably their best selling point. Even the 'aggressive' Pokemon like Tyranitar aren't all that aggressive looking, so it's the right thing to do to push towards that direction. It's one of the more distinctive nature for Pokemon in comparison to other similar monster games.

All the cuteness and happy-happy traits of the Pokemon World makes me forget the cruelity of the real world, which is why Pokemon is so appealing.

Kalylia
April 13th, 2006, 03:03 PM
NOt only that, but they make you want to keep them as pets. In a lot of "moster based" games, the monsters are just things to be used to win. In Pokemon, they're friends. That was what really attracted me. I didn't used to have a whole lot of friends, heck, I still don't outside this place, and watching the anime showed me that Pokemon were the best friends you could ask for.

There's just something about a cute Pokemon that draws you to it. It smiles and you melt. *giggles* Like Mew and Raichu, my two personal favorites. Loving, kind, and loyal to the end, they also have fluff to squish and huggle!

Kotowari
April 15th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Most of the Pokemon are quite cute.
In Pokemon 4Ever the celebi eating the berries is very cute. It makes me smile every time I watch the movie.
But I don't wanna meet a Gyarados in a very dark night.

What are your favo Pokemon Movies?
Mine are Pokemon 2000: the Power of One, Pokemon 4Ever, Pokemon Heroes and Jirachi Wishmaker

Emma
April 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I like all of them but out of them all i prefer Pokemon 4ever.

Kotowari
April 15th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Yeah me too.
Suicune is my favorite Pokémon.
And that Celebi is very cute (like I said before ^_^)
http://pokemonpalace.net/pictures/Pokemon22.gif

April 15th, 2006, 07:40 AM
I loved Pokemon 4 Ever but Pokemon 7 was better

Kotowari
April 15th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Haven't seen it yet.
Jirachi Wishmaker is just released over here.

brotlov
April 16th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Haven't seen it yet.
Jirachi Wishmaker is just released over here.
Have you watched it yet? It's a cool movie, I've seen it.

aragornbird
April 16th, 2006, 09:01 AM

Yes, Jirachi Wishmaker is my favorite. It also has such an awesome theme song, I only wish I can have it on my iPod.

April 17th, 2006, 04:31 AM
That was also a great movie, but I seen like about 3/4 of it. I didn't see the end so can somebody fill me in.

Volkner's Apprentice
April 17th, 2006, 12:26 PM
^_^ I like this thread, it's like a pokemon talk show. Hmm movies..I like the first 3 ones except Mewtwo Strikes Back had a few glitches..
1) lol how did Ash know about Minnesota when he made the joke about the vikings
2) They called Scyther Alakazam when it went through the cloning machine, probably just a translation error but still it annoyed me as a pkmn fanatic.
But 2000 with Lugia made me stick with Pokemon, and the battles with Molly in the 3rd movie had great music you could battle to.
I didn't see Wishmaker, is it worth buying?

pokejungle
April 17th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

I was proud to live in Minnesota when Meowth made that joke XD! I hate the dub .-. The people who produce it are incompetent.

Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ Ξ Ώ

Naminé
April 18th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Do not forget how riceballs are pure abomination within the Pokemon anime, and it must be replaced by a sub or a sandwich in order to safekeep the purity of children in america.

Takuya
April 19th, 2006, 01:58 AM

Yes, Jirachi Wishmaker is my favorite. It also has such an awesome theme song, I only wish I can have it on my iPod.

Chiisaki Mono/Make a Wish?

I used to have it, but lost it when my comp reformatted. Noww I want it back again...

And do animals exist in the Pokemon world?

How does Meowth know what fried Chicken is?
And how come Ash could make that joke about Caterpie being called Cowderpie, and he was dressed in a cow costume?

One of the many weird parts of Pokemon... ^^;

April 19th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I don't know about Mewoth. But all I can say is that Mewoth is a very smart cat for teaching him self how to read like that.

:t003:DArk Venusaur

Volkner's Apprentice
April 19th, 2006, 06:14 AM
I think animals do exsist in the pokemon world, because I think I've seen episodes with birds flying out of the trees that weren't pokemon.

April 19th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I think animals do exsist in the pokemon world, because I think I've seen episodes with birds flying out of the trees that weren't pokemon.
Are you sure it wasn't badly drawed Pidgeys or something else.

Tsugaru
April 19th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah it could be a pidgey,swellow and it goes on and on but the bird pokemon are created from animal birds lol^-^..I just beat the elite4 for the 68 time lol

Toadsworth
April 19th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I think other animals don't exist in pokémon, I never heard of a bird flying and it was no Pidgey, and otherwise it should have been said in episodes!

Lol, I defeated the league on Sapphire 110 Times :D:D:D:D:D

~YES I AM VERY PROUD ON IT~

animelover120
April 20th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah, it is kind of wierd. I mean, you see the characters eating meat in a restaurant or whatever. It should've come from a milktank, grumpig, or any other "farm animal" or fowl. On the other hand, most characters protest quite emotionally when a "farm/fowl pokemon" is about to die or get seriously injured.
Furthermore, the pokedex says animal names, like "Mudkip, the mudfish pokemon." Plus, animals are mentioned quite often in the series. ( i.e. bird pokemon, boss cat, etc.)

Takuya
April 20th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I wonder if when they make a new season of the Anime that they'll include animals in there too?

brotlov
April 20th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I was watching an Episode of Pokemon and Ash said this: "Umm, this fried Chicken is great".
So maybe animals do exist in Pokemon, but you never get to see them.

pokejungle
April 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
I was watching an Episode of Pokemon and Ash said this: "Umm, this fried Chicken is great".
So maybe animals do exist in Pokemon, but you never get to see them.
And they've eaten hamburgers before.

Maybe it was a tauros in that case though...

Drew
April 21st, 2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah.... I've always found it weird that they are no animals in there world, yet thats what all the Pokemon are based on.

Kinda this this...

Pokedex: "Meowth: The Cat-Type Pokemon.... ect ect."
Ash: "Whats a....Cat?"
Misty: "....I dunno...."

Chiisaki Mono/Make a Wish?

I used to have it, but lost it when my comp reformatted. Noww I want it back again...

And do animals exist in the Pokemon world?

How does Meowth know what fried Chicken is?
And how come Ash could make that joke about Caterpie being called Cowderpie, and he was dressed in a cow costume?

One of the many weird parts of Pokemon... ^^;

o__o Chiisaki Mono...
I have that song.
I can send it to you. ^^

I love it.

At one point I obsessed over it and listened to it over and over....

I memorized it in one day.... x___x

brotlov
April 22nd, 2006, 01:30 AM
Yeah.... I've always found it weird that they are no animals in there world, yet thats what all the Pokemon are based on.

Kinda this this...

o__o Chiisaki Mono...
I have that song.
I can send it to you. ^^

I love it.

At one point I obsessed over it and listened to it over and over....

I memorized it in one day.... x___x
Yeah, that song's great, I wish that I had it on my computer.

pokejungle
April 22nd, 2006, 07:04 AM
...I want you to send me that song ;_;

Anyways, that pokedex example was awesome X3;

Ash_Pokemaster
April 22nd, 2006, 07:36 AM

Kinda this this...

I had been thinking about that also... Well, actually there are fishes and probably some bugs or sth in Pokemon... About the other animals... dunno... But if you think about it this could be like we having types of dogs like Chiuauah etc. Well, probably...

pokejungle
April 22nd, 2006, 07:42 AM
XD

Here's a Golden Poochyena, a Brown Lab Poochyena, etc etc.

Naminé
April 22nd, 2006, 03:06 PM
Naminé vaguely recalls how she has seen normal fishies in the St. Anne episode, when Ash said "fish swimming?" Naminé also remembers how Ash's Pidgeotto first appeared to swoop down to eat an ordinary earthworm.

Perhaps, normal animal names to us are only a type of classification for Pokemon. "Dogs" are Growlithes, Arcanines, Poochyena, Mightyena, and so on. That is the best what Naminé can think of in order to explain it, and she doubts that her reasoning made sense to the others here~

Volkner's Apprentice
April 22nd, 2006, 03:09 PM
^--- I agree with her. XD I own the St. Anne episode on VHS and I got it out to look the other day. It was clear Ash saw regular fish swimming outside the window when they were capsized. As for the earthworm thing, I remember that, can't prove it but yeah. And the birds that flew out of the trees were just..like crows. They weren't pokemon, and it was close up so you could tell..I think..=/

April 22nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
I really do feel sorry for those Pokemon that get eaten. Especially the ones that live in the while
I have 2 questions:
Does Mantine eat the Remoraid on them?
Why are they always on Mantine's from

Naminé
April 22nd, 2006, 03:57 PM
Naminé knows that Remoraids do not get eaten by Mantine. Mantine is designed after a sting ray, and sting rays in real life are often accompanied by other fishes who feed off of germs and bacteria that lives on these large sea animals. Sometimes they even accompany whales and sharks. These large animals love their presense because it cleans their body, and in return the large animals provide protection. Remoraid doesn't clean Mantine's body, but they stick to Mantine anyway due their real life counterpart's behavior. That's what Naminé thinks.

April 22nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Naminé knows that Remoraids do not get eaten by Mantine. Mantine is designed after a sting ray, and sting rays in real life are often accompanied by other fishes who feed off of germs and bacteria that lives on these large sea animals. Sometimes they even accompany whales and sharks. These large animals love their presense because it cleans their body, and in return the large animals provide protection. Remoraid doesn't clean Mantine's body, but they stick to Mantine anyway due their real life counterpart's behavior. That's what Naminé thinks.

Thanks for the information.

Kotowari
April 23rd, 2006, 02:26 AM
To get back to the previous page:
i requested "Make a wish" in the music request thingy.
I did see Jirachi wishmaker and I loved it ^_^
And it sure is worth buying.

Thanx for the explanation Naminé

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 30th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I'v just seen the episode with the ghost lady, that really is gastly, what do you think about that episode?

Natsuki
April 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I'v just seen the episode with the ghost lady, that really is gastly, what do you think about that episode?

I love that episode. =D And then Brock falls in love with the ghost of the maiden, as always. XD You know...back when I was younger I never noticed what a lecher he was...XD

~Kelsey

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 1st, 2006, 12:30 PM
Heheh, Brock always fall in love^^ It's funny, he gets his heart broken many times

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 2nd, 2006, 07:51 AM
Its what Takeshi does, live with it. Basically, he's never going to find someone for himself.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 2nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Hehe, poor Brock, i think its' weird though...he never seems to find the one..

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 2nd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Brock found Professor Ivy, but they broke up or something, and the whole thing was left unexplained.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 3rd, 2006, 08:13 AM
Yeh, i remember that episode. It's bad that we dont get to know what happens between them, sinse they brake up...

AAMLrox
May 3rd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Hehe, i remember that I'll guess we'll never know... but it's kinda funny that Brock falls in love in basically every episode ^^

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 4th, 2006, 07:13 AM
And gets dumped basically every episode in which he basically falls in love. XD

So, how many of you want to save the dub? I really don't, I want the change.

AAMLrox
May 4th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Well, I do (obviously) but, because I live in the UK, I don't know how long it will be before I get to see any of the newer episodes anyway, they keep showing Johto Journeys and the Advanvced Battle episodes stop just before May gets to the Grand Festival.

I wanna save the dub because I can't imagine the characters being voiced by anyone else in the dubs and I kinda think it would be hard to replace them after 8 years (is it?) But I suppose it could be a change for the better...

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Well, I pretty much hate the anime because of its lacking in actual anime elements. Anything changing has got to be a big improvement really.

Naminé
May 4th, 2006, 05:16 PM
It is doubtful in Naminé's mind that a change in voice actors can really "save" the dub. There is the nostalgic feeling to save the voice actors, so personally Naminé signed to keep the original voice actors as well. However, there is much more to dubbing than voice actors that determine if the dub is good or not. For example, 4kids have to change every background music possible to make it worse. Worse of all, what bugs Naminé the most is how they paint sandwiches over every single riceball in the anime now...

Naminé supports saving the voice actors, but it remains truthful that the Pokemon anime dub is still beyond "save." It's terrible to the roots, but that maybe because even the original isn't all that better~

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 5th, 2006, 03:05 AM
It is doubtful in Naminé's mind that a change in voice actors can really "save" the dub. There is the nostalgic feeling to save the voice actors, so personally Naminé signed to keep the original voice actors as well. However, there is much more to dubbing than voice actors that determine if the dub is good or not. For example, 4kids have to change every background music possible to make it worse. Worse of all, what bugs Naminé the most is how they paint sandwiches over every single riceball in the anime now...

Naminé supports saving the voice actors, but it remains truthful that the Pokemon anime dub is still beyond "save." It's terrible to the roots, but that maybe because even the original isn't all that better~
Agreed, completely. As I've said before, the anime's no longer an anime at all.

Kotowari
May 6th, 2006, 07:56 AM
For example, 4kids have to change every background music possible to make it worse. Worse of all, what bugs Naminé the most is how they paint sandwiches over every single riceball in the anime now...

they really paint over? O.O
C'mon a riceball is nothing bad. I'd like to eat one of them. ^_^

I got to agree about the background music, sometimes the original music is better than the dubbed music.
(and that's not just for Pokémon).

Supreme Edgeboy Max
May 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM
I just downloaded the Original Soundtrack they play for Pokemon battles. "Fukutso no Pokemon". Random name, random music. It sounds nice.

Kotowari
May 14th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Hope you like the CD, Max
I once downloaded the OST of Pokemon 8, I like Aaron's theme

PokemonTrainerLisa
May 18th, 2006, 12:56 AM
I'm currently training my Pokemon team in Fire Red version up to Level 100 so that they will be ready for the National Video Game Championship when I go to JAA on June 10th. :)

May 18th, 2006, 03:13 AM
I really wish that there was a event like that were I live.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Kotowari
May 21st, 2006, 12:17 AM
Same for me,
We never (or VERY rare) have such events.
Next weekend there are the Pokemon days in Dieren (the Netherlands)
and I can't go, I wish I could, but is too far. >.<

May 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
Well maybe if the stop making all of these other events just to get one legi then we can have more events like to battle people and other stuff.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Volkner's Apprentice
May 21st, 2006, 10:32 AM
I should super train my fire-red team for the NYC tournament/gathering in July I believe. But I doubt I'd win, I'd just go for the atmosphere. Guaranteed some freaks who bash pokemon will come and ruin it though.

Kotowari
May 21st, 2006, 10:40 AM
You americans are so lucky.
You have a Pokecentre, a nintendo Pokemon tour.
I'm jalous. >.<

ze_gobou
May 25th, 2006, 06:59 AM
And there's nothing in France.

Ellie
May 26th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Hey, just because it's in the US doesn't mean we can all go. I've lived here my whole life and haven't had one exclusive Pokemon, unless you count the Mew glitch in RBY.

May 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Oh Yeah! Ilive in NYC and I get to go to the Pokemon Center. I really think that they should make a Pokemon Center everywhere around the Globe. Thats not excuse because they make Mc. Donalds and Burger King everywhere.

Drew
May 27th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I wanna go to the Pokemon Center! T-T
I will someday!

Kotowari
May 28th, 2006, 01:37 AM
I wanna go too ^_^
But the US is a bit far away from here.
If they ever gonna make a PC over here, It's gonna be in London (a bit less far away.) atleast that's what they said.

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 2nd, 2006, 03:47 AM
My family might go to New York next year so I will definitely go to the Pokemon Center.

sam47
June 2nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
I have a lvl 100 Rayquaza on emerald, plus a level 82 Latios. I heard latios are the hardest pokemon to train. ;) oooh yeeeah! It took me 2 days to beat the pokemon league, its so easy now. lol. :nervous:

Kalylia
June 2nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
Oh Yeah! Ilive in NYC and I get to go to the Pokemon Center. I really think that they should make a Pokemon Center everywhere around the Globe. Thats not excuse because they make Mc. Donalds and Burger King everywhere.

Burger King and McDonalds are a little different than Pokemon Centers. There isn't a mass amount of people screaming for Pokemon like there are people screaming for greasy fast food to clog their arteries. :P

June 2nd, 2006, 05:16 PM
Burger King and McDonalds are a little different than Pokemon Centers. There isn't a mass amount of people screaming for Pokemon like there are people screaming for greasy fast food to clog their arteries.
True, you got me there. But I'm saying it in a person that doesn't have buildings like the Pokemon Center.

Kotowari
June 4th, 2006, 05:49 AM
yeah maybe,
Does anyone have a better topic?

Squeegee Beckenheim
June 6th, 2006, 03:31 AM
What about Pokemon collectables? Does anyone have any? I have a little plush Charizard that the books said were worth a good bit and a Snorlax. It sleeps in my closet. I also have a bunch of Pokemon Cards. I wish I could give them to someone.

Sylphiel
June 7th, 2006, 08:15 PM
I used to collect Pokemon stuff, but I haven't really done so lately...I believe the last thing I got for myself was a Corphish beanie plush thing, and that was a while back. I've got a few more of those things (Treecko and Torchic, and I'm not sure if I had another or not), two Pikachu dolls (one of which I suspect is a knock-off product, just because of the quality of it), plus a bunch of cards and a few other little things I've picked up over the years.

I think the next thing on my list will be a Buoysel doll, if possible...that thing's darned cute.

eevachu
June 7th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I still collect Pokemon cards, but not as much as I used to.

I saw an eevee plushie at Anime North and I couldn't resist... I'm so weak... XD

Come to think of it I have a lot of Pokemon plushies... I have 2 eevees, at least 4 Pikachus, a charizard, a mewtwo, and a couple mini plushies... Definetly doesn't beat my Pokemon card collection (at least 600 not counting doubles).

ImJessieTR
June 8th, 2006, 04:13 PM
I have a little pikachu I got at Six Flags. I desperately want a Mewtwo, though. I'll probably have to go to an anime convention again just to find one.

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 9th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I have a weakness for pokemon plushies too. I feel they need to be rescued. I would love a plushie Vulpix *dreams* I have rescued pikachus, a charizard and bulbasaur plushie. I also have some beanies n-n
~Strawberry Vulpix~ :t037:

Bekki
June 9th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I use to have Torchic, Mudkip, Treeko and a Pikachu. My mother dumped them as she has a tendesy to dump some of my things and they cost me a fiver each too :(.

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 9th, 2006, 06:50 AM
I use to have Torchic, Mudkip, Treeko and a Pikachu. My mother dumped them as she has a tendesy to dump some of my things and they cost me a fiver each too :(.

That's so sad u_u. I hope they are having fun i Pokeheaven. The fact you miss them shows they had a good time with you at least. You reminded me, I have a mudkip too!

Smarties-chan
June 9th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I have a water-proof Psyduck plushie with a suctioncop tied to a string on its head.

I don't have any other Pokémon dolls/plushies or such. I'd love to have a life-size Cradily plushie, though. <3

Kotowari
June 10th, 2006, 04:31 AM
I have a Raichu Plushie (he's my favo, I can't sleep without him ^^)
I also got a squirtle, a charmander, charizard, snorlax, Gengar, Psyduck, a bunch of Pikachus, a blastoise, ...

I would love to have a lifesize Rayquaza or a Houndoom ..

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 10th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I have a water-proof Psyduck plushie with a suctioncop tied to a string on its head.

I don't have any other Pokémon dolls/plushies or such. I'd love to have a life-size Cradily plushie, though. <3

Lol was that one of those obe you could use in the shower? My friend had a clefairy one of those! I was so jealous u.~

Lt. Surge's Raichu
June 11th, 2006, 01:50 AM
I had, a dragonite shampoo once, i loved it!!

Toadsworth
June 11th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Lol... I got no dolls but my friend got a pikachu bag :D he had one little bro, and they shared them every day. monday he had him on school, thuesday (wrong spelling?) his brother had etc. :p

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 14th, 2006, 08:12 AM
This seems to have gone a little quiet u.u WOW a pikachu bag! How lucky. I knew someone who had a jigglypuff one n_n

Drew
June 14th, 2006, 10:16 AM
XD dude! I want a Pikachu bag. x3 It'd be so kawaii..
I only have plushies and a puppet though...

Toothache
June 15th, 2006, 02:14 AM
This is why they should have a Pokemon Centre here in the UK. It's so hard for us to find any decent merchandise over here. I'm sure if they did do one here, it would do well financially, as well as provide a lot of happiness for people over here.

~Strawberry Vulpix~
June 15th, 2006, 02:38 AM
This is why they should have a Pokemon Centre here in the UK. It's so hard for us to find any decent merchandise over here. I'm sure if they did do one here, it would do well financially, as well as provide a lot of happiness for people over here.

I remember it being reported during the hype the possibility, but even then it wasn't financially viable. I wish I could visit a pokemon center! Though I'd want to take all the plushies home n.n; They'd be too cute to resist!

Kotowari
June 17th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Every European fan wishes they had a PC over here (including me)
I have a Pikachu Gameboy bag (very handy to put al my games in it)
I only have Pokemon games, (also two BB-Games, but that doesn't count)

Nitro
June 17th, 2006, 06:18 AM
i dont think this is da right place to ask but in gba emerald can u get an espeon and umbreon in?

Kotowari
June 17th, 2006, 08:44 AM
only if you trade it from Collosuem.
than you can ^^

Jorah
June 19th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Back to merchandise. I have a Pikachu, Meowth and Squirtle plushie that I got a looong time ago. A Jessie thing, it was made out of plastic and it came with a pokeball with an Ekans inside, and the same with with Misty except she had a Starmie inside that pokeball. I used to have this Pikachu and Meowth battle thing but I thew it out around Christmas because I was in a faze where I didn't like pokemon...why did I throw it out??? Oh yeah, I used to have this pokeball battle thing but I threw it out and I still have my pokedex from ages ago. I got all this stuff when the pokemon craze was about, so that's how I got all of it.

I wish there was a pokemon centre in the UK...

I managed to beat the leveled up Elite Four for the first time with level 65's.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
June 24th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Everybody, how do you get all the pokemon on LG?
It doesn't work to link from crystal or silver to LG.
Help please

aragornbird
June 24th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Hey, Raichu, I haven’t seen you in a while. Anyways, I think your question would be better suited in the game forums. But anyways, you can’t get all 386 Pokemon in LG, unless you also have FR, Ruby or Sapphire, Emerald, maybe Colloseum/XD, and you also have to attend special Nintendo events to get Pokemon like Jirachi or Celebi.

Jorah
June 30th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I've just ordered Sapphire from the Tesco website. There was no point in me getting Emerald because my sister already has it...but yeah, I'm excited about getting it because you can't find it anywhere because it's so old.

electro5r
July 1st, 2006, 07:08 AM
Am I able to ask a question here? If so, If there is such thing as a surfing pikachu minigame, is there a flying pikachu game?

aragornbird
July 1st, 2006, 09:06 AM

No there isn’t. Flying Pikachu is just a card. =\

MUSION
July 5th, 2006, 01:25 PM
This is why they should have a Pokemon Centre here in the UK. It's so hard for us to find any decent merchandise over here. I'm sure if they did do one here, it would do well financially, as well as provide a lot of happiness for people over here.I hear that! I don't know ANYWHERE that I can get some good Pokemon merchandise. It's so annoying!

someone1939
July 5th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I want to go to the Pokemon Center, too... and I live in Chicago. Haha... yeah, so I'm not as unfortunate as some of you guys. I can't just take a trip to New Yourk, though...

Tsugaru
July 6th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Pokemon has died here,Along time ago..But I carry on the spirit of it,Anyway I have a suicune,pikachu,poliwhirl,gengar,butterfree,beautifly and espeon plushes ^^;.They kinda old,I got them when Pokemon was still in Fashion here

Capricorn
July 7th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Cool lol, I'd die for a Suicune Plush.

someone1939
July 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Pokemon has died here,Along time ago..But I carry on the spirit of it,Anyway I have a suicune,pikachu,poliwhirl,gengar,butterfree,beautifly and espeon plushes ^^;.They kinda old,I got them when Pokemon was still in Fashion here

I wouldn't say that Pokemon has DIED here, but, of course, it has decreased in popularity. That's really too bad; it's still really cool. Or at least I think so. I guess everyone else here probably thinks so, too. I wish Pokemon was "alive" again... then we wouldn't have to be, like, feeling nostalgic and longing over dolls and stuff. Haha. That's pretty sad.

MUSION
July 7th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I hardly know anyone who likes pokemon, the only time I can actually talk about it really, is to my brother and people here on PC.

Capricorn
July 8th, 2006, 03:18 AM
lol, I talk about pokemon with some of my friends- they don't mind mand some play it.

someone1939
July 8th, 2006, 10:51 AM
lol, I talk about pokemon with some of my friends- they don't mind mand some play it.

Awww... none of my friends play Pokemon anymore. I'm all alone. Except here, of course. But there's no trading or battling or anything like that here, which kinda sucks. But that's all gonna change once Diamond and Pearl come out! We can all just post our friend codes and everyone could add everyone else and we could all go into a union room thingee and trade and battle and stuff!!!!! Woooo!!!! I'm stoked for that!

Kotowari
July 8th, 2006, 02:21 PM
OOOOOH, that sounds cool!!
*I still need a DS, tough.* >.<

pokemaster7
July 10th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Awww... none of my friends play Pokemon anymore. I'm all alone. Except here, of course. But there's no trading or battling or anything like that here, which kinda sucks. But that's all gonna change once Diamond and Pearl come out! We can all just post our friend codes and everyone could add everyone else and we could all go into a union room thingee and trade and battle and stuff!!!!! Woooo!!!! I'm stoked for that!

I'm exited about the union room two(my freind's hates pokemon as well :) )
note:I'm the 151th poster(first gen.)

Drew
July 13th, 2006, 04:06 PM
o__o Omigod I know! I can't wait for Diamond and Pearl to release!
Wifi = <3

Thats gonna be so awesome...

obelisk-kun
July 25th, 2006, 09:00 PM
1 want to see the D/P staters already.

Aether
July 30th, 2006, 08:07 AM
yeah, me too, I heard that they're gonna be fighting/dark/psychic, I'm really excited to see what they are!

obelisk-kun
August 1st, 2006, 04:28 PM
yeah, me too, I heard that they're gonna be fighting/dark/psychic, I'm really excited to see what they are!
aren't those types a bit to strong to be starters

Whispering Winds
August 2nd, 2006, 07:01 PM
I don't think types can really by 'strong' or 'weak.' They each have their unique qualities. Besides, Grass, Water, and Fire actually have much more powerful attacks in their arsenals than Psychic, Fighting, or Dark.

obelisk-kun
August 2nd, 2006, 08:05 PM
I don't think types can really by 'strong' or 'weak.' They each have their unique qualities. Besides, Grass, Water, and Fire actually have much more powerful attacks in their arsenals than Psychic, Fighting, or Dark.
you've got a point but fighting types do usualy have realy high attacks.

MUSION
August 9th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I think these 3 are the intended starters. I only know the japanese names for them.
Naetoru
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/exterminator_musion/Pokemon/Pokemon/Naetoru.jpg

Hikozaru
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/exterminator_musion/Pokemon/Pokemon/Hikozaru.jpg

Pocchama
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/exterminator_musion/Pokemon/Pokemon/Pocchama.jpg

Paru san
August 9th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Yeah i mean, i can see your point, but if all the pokemon fans would just finally admit that digimon is better, i think the world would be a better place.

Kotowari
August 9th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah i mean, i can see your point, but if all the pokemon fans would just finally admit that digimon is better, i think the world would be a better place.

I'm not gonna <_<

Oh that grass one is cute, like a Torkoal who changed in a grass type. ^_^
And the water one is also cute.
But the fire one, that's just pethatic.
I have already chosen my starter.

obelisk-kun
August 9th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I actualy do like digimon better.

MUSION
August 10th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Oh that grass one is cute, like a Torkoal who changed in a grass type. ^_^
And the water one is also cute.
But the fire one, that's just pethatic.
I too prefer the grass one. I don't like the water one too much, but I can't stand the fire one. It looks terrible, lets just hope it's evolutions will be better.

Kotowari
August 10th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Yup, let's hope the evo's are better.
I don't hope that fire monkey evolves in a fire version of Vortex Ape lol.
No really, I got the feeling it'll evolve in some Slaking-looking pokemon.

MUSION
August 10th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Yeah I thought the same when I realised that it was a monkey.

Is it just me or do they seem to keep the grass starters similar? I mean Bulbasaur, Chikorita and Naetoru are all quadrupedal dinosaurs. The only different one is Treeko, as it is a reptile and walks on 2 legs. But reptiles and dinosaurs are still logically the same.

But look at the fire starters for example.
Charmander - Reptile
Cyndaquil - Mouse
Torchic - Bird
Hikozaru - Monkey

All very different.

Kotowari
August 10th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Perhaps they don't have that much immagition for Grassy pkmn.
Water Pkmn are very different too.
Squirtle - Turtle
Totodile - Crocodile
Mudkip - Mudfish pkmn
Pocchama - water bird

MUSION
August 10th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah, your right. I think Pocchama is a penguin, though it doesn't really look much like one.

Kotowari
August 10th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Now that you say it...
Yeah could be a penguin.
Maybe it's just that for Grass Pokemon they need to stick to nature.
So not to many choice

MUSION
August 11th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Maybe yeah. Though they don't alter them too much, I still like the dinosaur look that they have, so I'm not really bothered about them being similar.

KAAPOW
August 12th, 2006, 06:04 PM
I can't decide between the grass or the water one D= They're both so cute. Logically, I'd pick the grass one because for some reason I NEVER catch grass pokemon ever. It's just that they're both so darned cute!

obelisk-kun
August 12th, 2006, 06:39 PM
everybody that wants an easy game picks grass or water but I'm picking fire, for to reasons the fire starter usualy ends up more powerful and monkeys pwn.

Drew
August 19th, 2006, 04:36 PM
We're talking about the new starters? Interesting.
I normally always like the fire starters the best...and even though I'm not too fond of monkies I'll probably pick it anyway. ^^;

Fire does tend to be the strongest in the end.

But in my opinion, picking fire as a starter makes the game easier then if you pick water. Grass is normally fine though....sometimes.

August 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
I'm picking Water or Grass hands up, the Water type one is cute though, but looks don't mean anything. Out of all the starters of Pokemon that I had the water one doesn't get knocked out as much as the other 2 starters.

MUSION
August 21st, 2006, 11:59 PM
Well I'd definately pick the Grass one. I like the turtle-dinosaur look. Also, I hate the Fire and Water ones.

August 22nd, 2006, 09:09 AM
I know, I hate how the Fire one looks like, its so ugly and weird. probably the weakest one.

what?
August 22nd, 2006, 11:25 AM
they based the fire monkey on Sun Wu Kong, a Buddhist deity.

i can see the resemblance:
large ears,
hair knott

Kotowari
September 24th, 2006, 04:32 AM
O.O that's new to me

I usually pick the fire starter too, Typhlosion, Charizard and Blaziken make an awesome part of your party.
It's good they tought Charmander how to learn Metal claw, it makes the battle to Brock a lot easier. Blaziken with his Blaze Kick or Sky uppercut is quite good.
I never catch fighting pokemon (don't like them), but now you have fire-fighting one. that's good.
Typhlosion has an awesome Fire attack ability. (and he's so cute ^^)
It's a shame fire Pokemon are so rare. I hope they put more fire pokemon in D/P to make up for the fire monkey.

master-mind
September 25th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I actualy do like digimon better.

lol who doesn't? back on topic
the monkey looks so cool! but i might get the turtle. i like turtles. when shuckle came out i was like 'woo', and when torkoal came out i was like 'WOO' now im like 'OMG YES!'
but i will w8 until the evos come out, before i make my desicion

Natsuki
September 26th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I like the turtle starter as well. X3~ It looks so cute. =D And from the information that's out so far, its evolutionary forms look pretty unique too.

The monkey can go fall in a ditch.

~Kelsey

September 28th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Its offical I'm picking the Water starterbecause when it hits its final Evolution it then becomes a Steel type

Sylphiel
September 29th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Design-wise, I like the monkey's evos the best...going by the sprites, anyways. I have to give props to the other two starters for evolving into unique type combos. I'm going to wait to see the artwork for them before I decide whether I like them or not; it's already been shown to me that the sprites don't do much justice to some pokemon (example: Mukkuru. When I saw the sprite for that, I thought it was extremely bland, but my opinion of it changed after seeing the artwork. I find it kinda cute now).

Oh, and I'm finding myself liking Karanakushi and Toritodon (the sea slugs) more and more...

Spoiler'd for those that don't know about them and don't want to find out.
The whole idea of them having two different forms, based on where you find them in Shinou? I absolutely love that idea. It's like...pokemon subspecies or something, hee. Also, I find Toritodon to be a cutie, which is odd considering it's a slug of sorts...

.::Tsunami::.
September 29th, 2006, 03:48 AM
What is the name of the fire one again?...O_o

Tetsuya
September 29th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I'm not sure, im still figuring out all this d/p buisness

Natsuki
September 29th, 2006, 03:52 PM
What is the name of the fire one again?...O_o

If you mean the Fire starter, then its name is Hikozaru. I'm not too fond of it, personally. But who knows, knowing me, I could very well fall in love with it by the time the games come to America. XD; *cough* Hopefully not.

~Kelsey

September 30th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I'm hoping that the names aren't bad are to difficult to prononce because I still have some trouble pronuncing the other 386 Pokemon

Forever
October 17th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Well teh new names sound not like teh other Pokemon, As in I mean some of teh new names sound even worse than some before, to me I wish there could of been better names just not as unique as these..But I still like teh names Pocchama and Pachirisu..They probably are teh only ones I like..because they sound more like Pokemon-ish.

<3 Nica--Do I ever make any sence

RYPHUS
November 5th, 2006, 11:25 PM
pokemon just rules it's just so cool you know

Forever
November 5th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Yes...Pokemon is good..But that is kinda offtopic of the current talkings of names..

Ullion
November 6th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Lol, i like the idea the Grass starter, oh btw, what is it's secondary type? Rock? XD that would eb pretty cool. Also, i hate the fact that 2 games in a row, they made the final forms Fire/Fighting, how unoriginal -_-

Forever
November 9th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Meh, fire starters/fighting aint all bad.

They make a great combo that can kick most other Pokemon.
Good defence when it comes to rock because you get good protection.

Kotowari
November 11th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Blaziken and Combusken do look better then the evo's of the Shinou fire starter.
Hoenn had some really good starter Pokemon. (Johto had the cute ones :3)

Drew
November 30th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I'm not too fond of Hikouzaru myself...
Actually Diamond/Pearl starters are probably my least favorite.
I liked Torchic, Cyndaquil, and Charmander alot better. x3
Mainly Charmander. <3

As for as how good Fire Starters are...they're normally the ones I stick with the first time around in the games, I love fire Pokemon. x3

Smarties-chan
December 1st, 2006, 09:41 AM
How come everyone hates Hikozaru? =\ Well, I can't say I liked it when I first saw it, but it has grown on me. And I don't see why people say its evos don't look as good as Combusken and Blaziken. Combusken and Blaziken = random, mutated chickens and Hikozaru's evolutions = random, mutated monkeys. The difference isn't really that big.

Another thing I don't understand is why everyone likes Pochama. Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but Pochama's cuteness is just too overwhelming and makes me feel sick.

My Pokémon Diamond starter is definitely going to be Naetoru as it has all the cute things from Chikorita and Trapinch put together and its evos have awesome defensive stats and a good movepool to go with them. And Dotaitos (Naetoru's final form for those who don't know) has a freakin' bonsai tree growing on its back, and Bonsai trees > you. =D

Drew
December 1st, 2006, 12:07 PM
Another thing I don't understand is why everyone likes Pochama. Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but Pochama's cuteness is just too overwhelming and makes me feel sick.

Lol Thats the thing...I'm not too fond of Pochama either...but I like it more then the other starters, I guess...

Mudkip85
December 1st, 2006, 01:08 PM
I'm not too fond of Hikouzaru myself...
Actually Diamond/Pearl starters are probably my least favorite.
I liked Torchic, Cyndaquil, and Charmander alot better. x3
Mainly Charmander. <3

I have to say drew has a good point. For me i think they tried to hard to impress us this time round with the new starters and maybe should have been more relaxed about it so that they could produce great starters like previous generation starters.

Ibuberu
December 2nd, 2006, 12:40 AM
Yes, actually, I didn't really like any of the D/P starters when I first saw them. But soon, I started to like Naetoru and Hikozaru. I agree on the fact that they tried too hard to make Pochama cute. I'm not too fond of it because of that, and I usually like the water starters. XD

I guess I'm starting with Hikozaru when I get my Diamond. Just because I find all it's forms are nice-looking. Mutant monkeys have this sort of effect one me. XD

Mudkip85
December 2nd, 2006, 02:00 AM
How come everyone hates Hikozaru?

Well i think i have a decent answer to that question. The other two starters through their evolutionary stages change quite alot in their physical appearances however now lets look at hikozaru. Each time it evolves for me it just looks like its getting taller and hardly any other characteristics change its type changes yes, but i still think that they could have worked better on changing its appearance through its evoulutionary stages just look at Naetoru at least its final evoltuion is good.

Trainer Mehmet
December 2nd, 2006, 02:06 AM
http://www.cineclub.de/images/2001/pokemon_3_1.jpgHello and welcome to mine Pokemon Chat Club (PCC). here you can chat and discuss something about Pokemon. This greatest serie goes about the Monsters (Pocket). The monster must be captured on the special Ball named Pokeball. I like to watch on the TV and Play at the handheld (GBA) and Console Nintendo Wii (Soon).

If wonder why I love Pokemon?Sinds the year 1995 I play the Final Fantasy VII. And battles agains the Monster that´s the rules of Final Fantasy games. And I wish tha game was that I train mine own Monsters and than was on 1998 came Pokemon Red and Blue for Game Boy I played and I was great on that Pokemon game.

Oke Please join. I will go first to mine chat start.=======================================================================
Pokemon what can I tell about it. It´s the greatest game ever of Nintendo and Gamefreak. But this game is so big that will be not stop right now. After the game of NGC (Nintendo Gamecube) named Pokemon Coloseum and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness now will be came soon for the Wii named Pokemon battle revolution this time you can play online against the whole world to become Pokemon world Champion.

-Mine Favorite Trainers-
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/309.jpgPokemon Trainer May. She is so cute and the trainer of Torchic and soon for mine Favorite Pokemon Blaziken. And she is the doughter of the Hoenn´s first Gym leader named Norman. He is the greatest Gym Leader and nice ofcourse. Her´s brother Max goes with her and Ash.
http://www.pojo.com/cartoon/Bios/erika.jpgErica is the cutest and nicely Pokemon Gym Leader of the Kanto 4th Gym Leader. She got the Ranbow Badge and she lives in the beutifull City named celaton City. And she sells the parfums too for the nice smells.

Kotowari
December 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Wut?
That is so off topic.
In case you didn't know we were talking about the Shinou starters.

I'm going to pic the grass one. Pochama is cute, but too cute, and Hikozaru (if that's his name) you read before what I think of him. >_>

~Jack~
December 15th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I think i am getting diamond and pearl for chrsitmas, i may not. But i really dont know what i am/would pick.

Voodoo
December 17th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Actually, I like the D/P batch of starters better than I did the R/S starters. Weird I know, but there you go.

Simplicity
December 20th, 2006, 07:22 PM
...I really want Pocchama as my starter...otherwise it'd be the grass type~ I hate that fire starter 0.o;

I want Pearl~more for girls to me<3

Cresselia
December 20th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I'm going to choose Naetoru as my starter, once my imported Pearl version comes in. I think I'll buy Diamond when it comes out in English, and then choose Pocchama. For some reason, I really don't like Hikozaru. I usually always choose the fire one, but this time, I've decided to pick the grass one. o.o

EmeraldSky
December 22nd, 2006, 04:44 PM
My predictions for the starters:

Naetoru=Terrapine
Hikozaru=Chimpyre
Pochama-Rainguin

Ninetales
December 23rd, 2006, 05:18 PM
Hikozaru=Chimpyre

Wow, what a coincidence! I just recently came up with English names for all the D/P Pokemon. Chimpyre was the English name of Moukazaru! (Which is Hikozaru's evo--close enough.)

Anyways, I'm picking Pocchama (what I call Fairby) as my starter, since it resembles the first Pokemon I ever created (a penguin Pokemon named Peppy), and I don't particularly care for the evolutions of the other two starters. Enperuto rules though.

For more details about my future Diamond team, see my sig.

Simplicity
December 26th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Really? What are the other starter--evo names in english, could you tell me? Pwease?

J
January 12th, 2007, 09:44 PM
My predictions for the starters:

Naetoru=Terrapine
Hikozaru=Chimpyre
Pochama-Rainguin

Wow, I like those names, really. :x

Wouldn't be surprised if they actually translated them like that.

Gokey Shuckle
January 13th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I prefer Aquinn for the penguin myself, but meh.

I predict that the monkey will be given a cheesy name like Baburn or Pyrate.

Naeturo should m Naetle IMO. I guess we have to wait and see. It's always a great moment when english names are revealed.

Kotowari
January 19th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm going to choose Naetoru as my starter, once my imported Pearl version comes in. I think I'll buy Diamond when it comes out in English, and then choose Pocchama. For some reason, I really don't like Hikozaru. I usually always choose the fire one, but this time, I've decided to pick the grass one. o.o

The same for me, I never picked the grass one, I hated them (except for Chicorita. And now I WANT that Grass starter. O.O

Razer302
January 19th, 2007, 11:04 AM
i have never started with anthing onther than the fire ones.
Fire starters are the best.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
February 8th, 2007, 02:38 AM
i have never started with anthing onther than the fire ones.
Fire starters are the best.

Agree, i always choose fire, they rock.
I am no good with grass and water, they are so boring to play with too

jammi567
February 23rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
In Red, i love using Bulbasaur (grass), as it can totally dstroy the first two Gyms on it's own. In Siver, i prefer Cyndaquill (fire), as it's the strongest and fastest of the starters, plus, there's not that many fire types until late in the game.

What do you think's under a Diglett?

Kotowari
March 2nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
I've been wondering about that too. In PMD that Diglett said it had feet, and all the Pokemon went like ?O.O? It has feet???

Myst
March 4th, 2007, 12:35 PM
In all the Poke'dex entrys it never mentions Diglett having legs. And since we never see Diglett completely above ground, we may never be postive about whether it has legs or not. An interesting thing to me is that Diglett can learn attacks such as "Slash" which use claws,ect. to attack the other Pokemon. So maybe Diglett does have legs or something.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
March 27th, 2007, 08:03 AM
It doesn't seem like diglett has legs, that would be just wrong, wouldn't it?
Imagin it just jumps up from the ground "oh i'v got legs"

chrome_angel
April 14th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Well i have pokemon red rescue team and on one mission i have to save a diglett from a skarmory and after he sais something about his feet hurting or something and everyone was like "you have feet!" Even I was like that. but, yeah apparently he does, that would be really awkward seeing him with feet XD

Lt. Surge's Raichu
April 26th, 2007, 11:23 AM
It seems just so weird that he has feet xD
I have never imagined diglett with feet and probably never will xD

Autaven
April 29th, 2007, 02:59 AM
I would LOVE to see Diglets feet.. What if someone called it out during like, the water/ice field in the Pokemon League? Awesoome :p

Kotowari
May 2nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
^good Idea. But I think the drawers of the Pokemon Anime would never do that. I guess they want to let Diglett's feet be one of the Great Mysteries of Pokemon. And not only his feet, what about the rest of his body?

Shiny Umbreon
May 2nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
Diglett is a mole, so it does have a body.

Lt. Surge's Raichu
May 5th, 2007, 04:01 PM
^Well i think we will never see Diglett's whole body anyways

Emperor Darius
June 9th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Excuse me, Can anyone say me how to hack a pokemon game?

Whitelighter
June 15th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I wanna see Cubone's face!!! :shocked:

Ryo
June 16th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I've always just seen Cubone as a variant of Charmander. A Charmander with no flame and a Skull on it's head.....Like a dead variant. >_>
A friend and I always fussed growing up with Pokemon- Saying that Cubone and Marowak were dead Charmanders and Charmeleons, respectively. My rebuttal was always "Well then what's the dead Charizard look like?"
Which is actually something I've grown to be curious of....
*Imagines a Charizard-like evolution for Marowak*

Me how to hack a pokemon game.

lawl

m
June 23rd, 2007, 07:10 PM
I just wish I knew which game I should play..I made a poll for which game most people liked but I really want to play a game that people think is the "best". Any suggestions?

I mean like the RPG ones for the Hand-Held games.

Captain Arcane
June 24th, 2007, 08:58 PM

K dude, I'm sorry for laughing, but thats really funny, "say me how" LoL

Well, if you wanna get started on hacking Pokemon games go to the pokemon hask area. ^_^ you'll get all the info you need.... "say me how" ROTFLOL

anemos
June 29th, 2007, 05:39 PM

JUST with girls? dunno, on my trip to japan in january, i bought a mantyke pillow. Any pokemon that is cute and can double as a pillow is at least worth knowing about. Yeah, it is mostly useless in game. but Sneasls typing made no sense for 7 years, and they handed him a new evolution! (and said evolution has a moderate fanbase) I'm sorta biased, as i LOVED gold version, until its battery died 2 days ago =(, i often chose to play it instead of emerald. anyways, yeah. youre right. it is uselss in game, and we dont need any more ever again, but dont call them ttoaly pointless.

babyshuppet_666
July 3rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone.. Eeeh... I'm pretty new here, so I don't really know anyone ^^'

I'm sorta biased, as i LOVED gold version, until its battery died 2 days ago =(, i often chose to play it instead of emerald.

omg O.O that can happen!? the battery can die?? O___O
Well yeah, of course it can ^^' but I mean... If that happened with my game... *dies*

anemos
July 9th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Yeah shuppet, the game's saves were stored in a way that it had to have some kinda of charge going nonstop. i'm impressed with nintendo for making a battery that can put out power for 7 years before dieing, but it was probably a VERY low charge. so yes, now my gold version can no longer save.. =( (BUT, nintendo has come up with a different/better system, where the battery doesnt need to power the clock-and maintain the save. now when the clock battery stops, time-events dont happen, but the game can still be played (no berry planting anymore)

Gunn
July 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
The batteries used for Gold/Silver and Crystal cartridges are replaceable; if you are will to take your game apart. :P You just got to find the right kind.

Bomberman
July 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
JUST with girls? dunno, on my trip to japan in january, i bought a mantyke pillow. Any pokemon that is cute and can double as a pillow is at least worth knowing about. I would love one of those.

Always and Never
July 16th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I personally would love a Gardevoir pillow.

Then I could embrace the Embrace Pokemon.

That would be simply amazing <3

anemos
July 17th, 2007, 03:15 AM
I personally would love a Gardevoir pillow.

Then I could embrace the Embrace Pokemon.

That would be simply amazing <3

wow, now i wish I had one. doe anyone know if they exist? (the pillow)

Shem
July 22nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
Agreed. Even digging back further with the baby Pokemon that have been introduced in GSC and RS, it feels a bit pointless. I mean, sure, it was cute for a little while after GSC was released, but slowly, I think it got old. That and it just feels like it's an attempt by Game Freak to get some player interest in Pokemon that many of us, quite frankly, don't care about to begin with. Seriously, by a show of hands, who really remembered Mantine existed before Tamanta came out?

As for the moves, I just don't see why they can't just add on moves to the movepools of Pokemon, rather than create baby Pokemon that can pass those moves on, if that makes any sense. After all, it's not like movepools have never been changed before, what with the constant altering of what level a Pokemon is at when it learns a certain move. (For example: Vulpix with Fire Spin.)

So, let's see. What are we up to by now? Four baby Pokemon so far, bringing the number at roughly half of all of the revealed Pokemon thus far?

All I have to say, then, is the next revealed Pokemon had better be a brand-new one and not a baby, or I'll have to sacrifice a Pichu to Ho-oh.

I new about Mantine before Tamanta came out, BTW Its MANTYKE in english...

anemos
July 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I knew of it but i didnt care too much

Always and Never
July 23rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
There are no Gardevoir pillows T_T

That makes me want the world to end.

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 25th, 2007, 08:32 AM
There are no Gardevoir pillows T_T

That makes me want the world to end.

??? a lil 2 obsessed w/gardevoir eh? sure, shes cool, but honestly, u want the WORLD 2 end now? isnt that a TAD exagerated?

ps- i shouldnt b talking. sry. im sad that there is no raichu pillows. also, altaria would make a good pillow. same with snorlax cauz hes so fat.

anemos
July 25th, 2007, 10:11 AM
yeah, altaria and snorelax would make awesome pillows, but i've GOT a mantyke one already! =D

Gunn
July 30th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Snorlax as a pillow? More like a bean bag chair.

Shinji_
July 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Snorlax as a pillow? More like a bean bag chair.

I actually went to my causins house last weekend and he had a snorlax bean bag chair o.o

Kimimaro
July 30th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I actually went to my causins house last weekend and he had a snorlax bean bag chair o.o

lol i wish i had one : (

anemos
July 30th, 2007, 10:08 AM
was it a blue/white beanbag with snorlax features added? or can i buy one of these?

L Lawliet
August 8th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I always wanted a plush Aipom. Aipom is like my second favorite pokemon.

Palkia Owns
August 16th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I love pokemon. I'm not obssesed with it though. But as you can see my username, sig, and avatar are pokemon!

Anti
August 16th, 2007, 11:28 PM
About the baby pokemon thing, they were useless and cute at first. Now they're just useless. Happiny looks scary, seriously! Mime Jr. looks like he belongs on a B-day cake. Mantyke is kinda cute, but nothing great. I liked pichu. That thing rocked in SSB: Melee...kinda. They need to make more pokemon, like drifblim, not having to do with past pokemon. I do like pokemon like Electivire though. D/P's pokemon were a mixed bag.

7rial 0F Doom
August 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
Anyone realize that the closest Pokemon to Legendaries usually have Base Stat Totals of 600(capable of surpassing Legendaries in power, like Mew) i.e. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross and Garchomp. In D&P they don't. Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortor and Dusknoir ESPECIALLY should have gotten the same treatment as the recent did, since they are like the best non-ubers to have in the game besides the starter Pokemon.

anemos
August 23rd, 2007, 03:00 AM
well dusknoir, like dusklops is a more balenced shuckle. it doesnt get to have all its stats so high.

7rial 0F Doom
August 23rd, 2007, 07:06 PM
well dusknoir, like dusklops is a more balenced shuckle. it doesnt get to have all its stats so high.

Well, what can you say about the other three? I said "ESPECIALLY" for all four of them, not just for Dusknoir.

Akon
August 23rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
yeah i agree. u dont want stats that high unless you need to in a pokemon.

anemos
August 24th, 2007, 05:35 AM
rhypiror dies to one grass knot ALL THE TIME, and often to an energy ball. it isnt very good. electivire is broken if its ability is activated and it knows the elemental punches + cross chop. magmortar is less useful because recently, fire types are sucking less. marmortar isnt as limited as typlhosion, but its stats aren't worth one of your 6 slots. recently i've stopped typing anything i dont see as nesccisary, so more of my posrts will just be individual sentances =(

The Real AAA
August 24th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Rhyperior does dies with a Grass Knot or an Energy Ball automatically since his special defense is really low and Magmortar could be taken down really easily