PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Terrible...Yet Happy...

Chase Leader
April 11th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Everyone should know what myspace is...anyways long story short I think I am responsible for breaking up my friend and his girlfriend.

Well recently his girlfriend...whom I have known longer...sends me a message on myspace...she wanted to know how I was doing after my whole ex incident...since she is the one that played cupid in the first place... What it came down to was that she said that she should have been my frist girlfriend and that she would have had been a million times nicer to me...and that she wanted to proove that to me. Anyways she went further and told me about her current relationship with my friend, and that technically they are dating but not at the same time...she went further and said that if there was anything I needed she would be there for me. I told her that she should be herself and do what she felt was right...and the next thing I know her relationship status was set to single...I am recently waiting for her next message...

I mean I feel terrible about it...but it could be something incredible at the same time...because if there is anyone in the world that I trust the most it would be her...we can talk about anything...

Right now I feel 50% responsible for them breaking up...do I have the right to feel happy about it...I just hope my friend will realize I didn't mean to hurt him...What do you guys think...?

Naminé
April 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Don't feel too bad about it. If she is happy about her relationship with your friend, then she can help you as a friend and stay with your friend. If she is unhappy about it, she will break up with him eventually for someone else one way or another. It sounds like it's a matter of time for her to break up with your friend regardless of what you do. If it isn't for you, they'll break up for another reason on another day. It's just that this is what she chose to be the spark for the breakup...

Don't feel too bad about it as if you are guilty. It will produce awkward moments between all three of you, but at least don't feel guilty... Pray that you will feel better soon.

Drifblim
April 12th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Still, however, you acted on your instinct and you didn't use this to your advantage, which bettered your relations with the girl. I wouldn't feel bad if I were you; you did the right thing and I suppose you're getting your just desserts from it!

Chase Leader
April 12th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah I think that to...Tonight I did alot of thinking and walking...and I had to choose and I think I made the right decision. I'm gonna ask her out...I just need to do it the only way I know how...and I think it will be best for my friend...because I know them both...and he likes her more than she does...and I know first hand what thats like...

If I ask her out it will be the end of their relationship officially, because if I don't she'll stay with him because she'd feel bad if she was the one to break up...and thats so like her. So really I will more than likley be responsible for 51% of their break up...the ball is in my court and in no way shape or form was it easy...but if hes really friends with me...then he should know why I made the decision that I did...

As you can see I have been doing some overtime thinking...and I'm just going with my heart on this one.

Drifblim
April 12th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Well, I advise setting store by what she says in response to any mail you sent over MySpace concerning the matter. If no post arrives, then approach her directly.

Chase Leader
April 13th, 2006, 09:06 AM
No she lives about an hour away from me...she goes to college there so she'll be back this summer. She sent me a message yesterday...and shes gonna give me her cell number so we can talk just like the good old days...and she agreed that we should get together and do something this summer...

By the way I still haven't asked her out...I am going to go slow...but I will when I feel the time is right...which should be soon...

Geometric-sama
April 13th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Just be careful, because if you ask her out soon after she's dumped your friend then your friend is going to be really upset... he'll blame you for the breakup and it could cause a pretty serious rift between you.

Chase Leader
April 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, and again I have thought seriously about what I should do...and I am ready for any concequences that may occur. I finally feel that we are back to where we were over a year ago...which is an awesome thing. And as for my friend he normially not one to get mad at anyone...however this is his first girlfriend...

I mean I learned soooooo much about what is love after my first girlfriend...and what I thought was love really wasn't even close. I think it would help him in the long run...I mean I want him to find someone that loves him equally...I think in the end of things he may despise me for a while but it won't last...I hope...

Naminé
April 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM
And as for my friend he normially not one to get mad at anyone

Somehow I get the feeling that your friend will be depressed over it. Aren't we all either going to grow angry at others, or grow angry at ourselves (depression)? Either way, it will depend on how strong your friendship is with him to see if the upcoming scar will only slightly damage or is completely destroyed. Either way, the friendship will be damaged, but how severe? It's up to you to decide if it's worth it.

If you decide to go out with her, you will have to talk to her too about how to face your friend together.

Chase Leader
April 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
If you decide to go out with her, you will have to talk to her too about how to face your friend together.

Thats a good idea... That might be the ultimate challenge... Anyways this is the most drama I have had in a long time... Things haven't gotten easier since high school thats for sure...

Suki
April 14th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Yeah, he would think that you were just waiting for them to break up, and snatch his girlfriend away from him. That's what people think anyway. Talk to your friend about it.

Anyway, I hope it goes well for you 3.

Chase Leader
April 14th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Actually last night, I'm not sure what really happened but anyways we were talking on MSN Messenger and we somehow got to the point where I asked why we never dated...and she said she had thought about that to...things kind of got awkward...because she then asked me why was I thinking about that...and I said it was just something on my mind thats all...then she said well I thought you liked her (my ex) and then she added wait did you wanna go out with me instead...and I said now that I think about it yeah...and thats when she tried to change the subject and it was around one-ish in the morning and there was a huge break from the convo...kinda like an awkward pause...and then I said I was gonna get some sleep and that I'd talk to her later...naturally she said what anyone would say c-ya good night talk to you later...you know the usual...

It was truely un-expected...and I hope it didn't ruin our friendship...or weaken it for that matter...you know she doesn't trust to many people but she did trust me...I am just gonna take a break from all of this for a day or so and try and gather my thoughts...

To be honest I feel like a fool...

Drifblim
April 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Well, you did the right thing at any rate. I'd say she's accepted you, old chap!

Chase Leader
April 18th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Actually 4 days ago she told me she broke up with him and that she felt free and happy. And our next conversation wasn't awkward hence she actually started the MSN Convo. I think I can lay this issue to rest... As for the rest, well thanks for your advice...the hard part is now over.

Kura
April 19th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Actually 4 days ago she told me she broke up with him and that she felt free and happy. And our next conversation wasn't awkward hence she actually started the MSN Convo. I think I can lay this issue to rest... As for the rest, well thanks for your advice...the hard part is now over.

I'm glad that it's over :3~ and that it's all better <3~
o.o Um.. but is this thread still needed or shall I close it?

Chase Leader
April 19th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah anybody thats a mod or what not can close this thread...

*~Ashley~*
April 19th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Okay, since you requested it~

*closed*